Speaker 1: The Nikki Gliser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Here's Nicky.
Speaker 1: Oh here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicky Glazer Podcast. I am still in Los Angeles. We are in studio. These have been such fun shows last week and this week. Yeah, we've got two more great shows for you this week that we're about to do. I just feel it coming. I'm manifesting They're going to be so great.
Speaker 3: I feel it.
Speaker 1: Don't even you don't get involved in my manifestation, mom, because you blew it for the Emmys. But my mom is here. Everyone. Sean O'Connor is here, Brian Frangie is here. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Sean.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm so glad to be here, so glad.
Speaker 1: To have you Mom. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you Nikki for letting me be here in La.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for all of this, I loved it. So I just I you know, I invited you to the Gracy Abram show that I talked about last week, and my mom was like, my neck, I Nick, I can't my neck. And then like an hour later, I was like, do you want to go these parties on Sunday? She was like, yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was the next day.
Speaker 1: That was the next day, but I guess neck was better. Yeah, neck was better.
Speaker 3: That's miracle cure.
Speaker 4: That's called secondary gain.
Speaker 1: What's that mean?
Speaker 4: Secondary gain is when no, it's when you when a symptom allows you to get something that you want emotionally.
Speaker 1: Also oh wait, wait, wait say it again.
Speaker 4: When a symptom allows you to get something you also want emotionally.
Speaker 1: When a symptom allows you to get something.
Speaker 4: You like, I don't want to go to that party because my back hurts, okay, And so it's like you get secondary gain from your back hurting.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: So yes, got it?
Speaker 5: So like when you when I use like diarrhea to get out of things.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Oh my god, if you go, I can't go to the bathroom right now, I already have diarrhea.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't. Okay, Yeah that makes sense. Yeah, I don't can't diarrhea that much. And when I do, I I've talked about it before. I love it because it just you feel you feel like clean.
Speaker 4: Have you gotten a colonoscopy yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Oh man, the night before you got to get a colonosc You're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I will because you can't eat.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true, but you get to poop out water for hours on end and.
Speaker 1: Then you do a photo just like, yeah, all the most important photoshoot of your life. David Spade has a great joke about when you got a colonoscopy and they're like, so here are the pictures, now, do you want these? And he's like, why would I want these? Like eight tens of my colon? He was like, can I get some wallet size for my friend? He does it better, but it's so funny. Okay, So yeah, mom, you did a good job not going to the Gracy Abram show like that was a good thank you. It was I thought it would be like reliving our Taylor Swift eras tour moments, but I just did it. It wasn't the same for you. I was by far the oldest person there. Like Taylor Swift shows are loud, I would say tons of girls fourteen to twenty five year old. It was probably thirty five percent at Taylor Swift shows. But there's a lot of adults there, even though it's.
Speaker 3: Like because they're taking their young kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to have been there. It's not all young girls. Right, like Taylor No, yes, but Grace Abrams was all young girls. It was like the parents didn't go. They just dropped off the children, all little girls and bows and it was really funny. Carlisle and I just kept well, Carlile started, but she just kept taking every Grace Abrams song and then fitting like like you know, like I can't understand because I'm in mena pause, Like she just got me. I don't know any of these words because I'm older than your parents. Like we just kept writing new lyrics and then that became fun. If you turn anything into let's write jokes and try to like make each other laugh, instant fun.
Speaker 2: It's the best. It's the best. I met.
Speaker 5: I loved going to movies with a bunch of comedians and you was just talk during the movie, which is so rude, but it.
Speaker 2: Was, oh my god, the best.
Speaker 1: It's the best.
Speaker 4: That's actually a great tip for a first date or for going on online dates or something. You can somehow formulate an inside joke with your date about everything going on around you that'll make the date.
Speaker 1: So much better, right, Like what's a good what's a good idea for that? Like let's try to guess what the relationship is of everyone around us, maybe like people.
Speaker 4: Sure, that's a great one. Yeah, yes, it just gives you something like you see two people talking and you're like, what do you think they're Ye is going on over there? That's a fun one, Yeah for sure. One time, on one of my early dates with Ali, I told the I was at a restaurant. You have to give them a name, and then they would yell out the name, and then I gave them the name Hodor, so they would have to open the door and you're table for two Hodor.
Speaker 1: And that's yeah, and that's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah with Thrones. It was during Game of Thrones time, so like a little inside like she's gonna say ho door and we all were sitting there waiting for them to say it. That's like a little fun little joke that we got to share to get it. And now we're married because of that.
Speaker 1: You have to go out with someone who has a sense of humor though, oh well, you know, it's like impossible.
Speaker 4: I think that's true no matter what jokes were making.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you go in many dates? Sean? I feel like I just met people through comedy.
Speaker 5: I met people through comedy and then like immediately moved in with them. I I just so happened to be like I think I'm a lesbian in.
Speaker 2: That way where a third date is the movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I think like did you met Aaron through doing comedy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? She came up to me and said she did. She saw media stand up and liked it.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, oh, oh at a mutual friend's birthday party like Zach Broussard, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And comedians you should know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's great, great, he was having a birthday party. I went there with friends and then at like three am, she came up to me and talked to me, and I was like, oh, I think I'm going to marry her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so cute. And she'd seen you do stand up where.
Speaker 5: At Union Pool, which is where I was like my drunkest, like the worst I could possibly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like.
Speaker 1: So good for date. Like men don't Men who do comedy do not have to be on the apps if they're doing stand up regularly, right, and.
Speaker 4: You get to go up in front of crowds and if.
Speaker 1: You especially if I mean it doesn't matter if you're yourself up there or not. Like you can just have an act that's very different from your personality, but women are definitely attracted to that, and it gives you, It gives it's like peacocky, it gives a girl a reason to come up to you. So like she liked you, but she get to come up to you and say, I like your act. Yeah, so it's not's not risking anything.
Speaker 5: At all, Like she had no idea like how autistic I was, and that's like little I just give her a little hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a it's a nice thing.
Speaker 4: And yeah, why is that?
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know. Well, I've said this before, but I find that the person I am on stage is very you know, a confident person obviously has to be exuding that really self assured, knows who she is, knows what she wants, kind of a ballbuster, especially like roast stuff. And so any guy that's like really attracted to that, like the persona that I am is going to it doesn't reflect who I am.
Speaker 6: So I don't really I don't want your real self that's what you're No, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: It is a part of myself that I'm a performer. But I think off stage in a relationship, I don't want someone who wants that, Like, so, someone who's attracted to that, and like I want to date that girl, I'm not going to show up like that in the relationship. So I feel like that is I'm not attracted to the kind of man that's attracted to that.
Speaker 3: That explains a lot.
Speaker 1: And as a woman, Chris don't I don't know about you. Yeah, we'll get to Chris, but as a woman, like you just don't want a guy like like being like high nice to meet, like, like you don't want a guy trying you. I don't know, at least for me. I just I'm anxious attached, So I want someone who seems to be not interested in me a little bit, and then I have to win it, like.
Speaker 3: The fight, what you like that fight.
Speaker 1: To get I just like to earn things. Yeah, And like even last night we were at the Emmy's party and we'll get into that, but we were at the HBO Emmy's party and we were in this like amazing karaoke room which was so fun, and uh, we got home last night after it and we were talking about how Chris looked so cute and he was like, yeah, I actually got hit on tonight and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, huh oh I saw it.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was like, damn, yeah, it was it was bold like and it was like her she was the aggressor, yep. And it was wild to watch because I'm like, oh wow, Chris is like fucking fly like because it was like the hot black woman who was like, what's your name? And I was like, they could talk to you.
Speaker 1: Like I will say that, it makes sense he ends up with me, Like he has always gone for girls that kind of like go after him like that, that are just like, hey, what's your deal? Like that. He's not usually the one that goes He's not the hunter when it comes to Yeah, He's often even said that he will in the past. He has when he was a single man, like hooked up with a girl just because she like she wanted it so bad, she like deserved it, like she just she like put in the effort so much, like where she was like hit on him enough and like had so like was bold enough that he's like, yeah, this girl, and and not in a way that like I'm gonna pretend to be your boyfriend or or mislead her like I'm where he's just been like, no, she deserves it, Like she really like put herself out there, and like that was cool. He respects a badass woman. Like, so this girl, do you witnessed it? What did she say?
Speaker 5: She she literally he was like she was walking by, like she was leaving, because she was sitting there and like her song wasn't getting called or anything. And then she walked by and then she turned back and she goes, what's your name? And I'm like, what is happening? This is insane because like truly she was there with probably like a star of at HBO show.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And like she was just like, you know, I'm gonna pick him up. It was the only other time I've ever seen anything like that. I was backstage at Conan with Julian McCollough and Sharon Stone walked into his dressing room and was like, I meet everyone, and she gave him a kiss on the lips and then walked away. And I'm like, she said she met everyone. She didn't even look at her. She felt that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, she was like, what's your story? And he's like, oh, I'm a TV producer or whatever, and she was like, and she just I boldly was like are you married? Like she just straight up was like, are you married? He goes, no, my girlfriend's right there, and she goes okay. Oh, she goes you should find me or something, and he goes, oh, okay, you know, like sure, and then I think she worked at some agency and he goes, oh, yeah, he's being polite, and she was wait, are you married? And he goes, no, my girlfriends are there, and she goes, okay, then don't find me. I love this girl wherever you are. You're amazing, and you've just approved our sex life a lot. Because like now I'm like, oh, it's like he's It's that charges me up because I'm like, oh, I got he love that. I want competition. I like to win, not that I feel like i'm but even if she won, I would still like it, Like even if you like.
Speaker 4: For a few weeks. Yeah, he really Chris Bone.
Speaker 1: I honestly will I'll throw her a bone and I really I want, I like, I like, because then I'd be like, well then I got to get him back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: Everybody went it's really fun. Yeah, everybody wins, right, Yeah, I think everyone wins in that situation. I don't think I know he's like he he knows that I'm like this and like and that. But the good thing about it is had he doesn't have to ever hide things when he's maybe gets hit on, Like he knows that he can tell me about that stuff and I will only like it. I'll never be like, wait, what did she say? What did she look like? Like, I'll never there's never he no. I think at first he probably didn't trust that I was like actually as into it as I said, I was going to be into it because it seems like.
Speaker 3: This stuff.
Speaker 1: But now he just can say it casually and I'll be like huh, and so he like he knows that I'm not going to be like.
Speaker 7: So, how did you find out about this one? He just like, weren't there? Did he tell you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He just told us. We were like eating pizza later on, impressing.
Speaker 2: You guys were in front of us.
Speaker 1: I didn't witness it. I would have loved to witness it, but he just like mentioned it because I was like, oh, you look so good tonight. He was like, actually I got hit on for the first time in a while, or so you know, like, and then I was like, wait what happened? And then he told the story, so it was it was awesome.
Speaker 5: It was shocking to see, Like I literally like shade tipped as she walked by, Like I went like, he's.
Speaker 1: So respectful too. I'm like, wait, what did she look like? I wouldn't know what she looks like because I'm like, she looks like he was like, he just he wouldn't even get into that. He's like, she's a nice girl. Like He's like, he won't. He's so respectful of women in a lovely way. I love last night that he did. He really got it, got that hot. He's been losing some weight, He's been getting it together. It's so funny, Like he gains some weight. He does not care about being called fat. There's no part of him that connects that to his worth or who he is as a person. There is no zero connection. It's as if it's it's almost the same as like being like, oh, you have like some food in your teeth, Like it's actually that's probably more embarrassing for most people, but it's like to him, it's just like it's something I can fix. I just have to like eat better.
Speaker 4: And it'll go back to it because he knows I can relate to this one because it's like I know that I'm overweight. I know that I could lose some weight. When you have something in your teeth, it's like these people have a secret imperfection that they've known about you for some time and it's gotten so bad that they're finally like, I have to say something person.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the worst is when you know there's been talk around you about something and then finally someone is like, I'm going to do it, and you know they've talked to so many people about how they're going to say it to you, and then you know after the talk, they're going to go tell everyone I told her.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't stand that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I I'm the opposite. I'm I wish I could be normal. I all I think about is every imperfection and I just like go through my life thinking about how much I hate myself.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, that's how I feel too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I couldn't have if someone ever told me I know what's going on with me, but if anyone everst verbalized it, like his family was just like Jesus, Chris he took off a shirt one day and I wasn't there to witness it, but they were like, what is going on? And and and you're just like yeah, yeah, like they just like fact shamed him, and and then.
Speaker 3: He was there.
Speaker 1: Was it at Oh yeah, it was at Glasshouse too. They did it there too.
Speaker 3: I think I saw the can fat a place called positive.
Speaker 1: He did there, But it wasn't even shaming because they know their whole their family doesn't have issues with food and like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: They don't eat.
Speaker 1: No, they do. They yes they do.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like they they just don't. I just I've never met anyone, I don't think literally anyone that could handle a comment like that and not let it like stick in their head and feel so bad.
Speaker 2: Parents so hard.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have even needed a brother to help me, would have done it on your own. But yeah, he's looking pretty slemon trim and and and cute.
Speaker 6: And uh yeah, now you got some worries. No, I don't even like it's like not even nothing. I know you like that somebody else is looking at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it doesn't He's not going to cheat on me, So I don't care, Like what don't don't if you have a nice car you want other people to go that's a nice car. I'd like to have that. Or as a jealous woman. I mean, Noah, you've been a jealous woman before. Is it different for you that when a oh she didn't know that? You know if a woman, if you sense a woman is attracted to your husband, do you are you like pissed at the whole idea of it? Or it's only like is it different than someone coveting your car if you have a nice car.
Speaker 7: So Noah of the past, yes, because you think that like your partner's gonna go for it, and then this whole thing just starts to snowball in your mind. Yeah, but Noah of the present, Like I totally relate. It's like, yes, she wants what I have, Yeah, and that feels kind of good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just and I actually like coveting a car. It's different because a car I can get if I just get money, and money is like I just don't, I know, don't really respect people who have lots. I'm not like, wow, they have money, like they are special because they have money. Usually it's like nefarious and or luck because their parents have money, you know, like but someone who has someone that's shiny and someone who is great and cool and attractive, And it takes a.
Speaker 7: Lot to convince a person, like you're actually convincing a person to be with you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I had to convince my car to be with me. It's it's a smart car, so it picks up. Yeah, it really I had to. That's why I've been working on my vocabulary because when I talk to it and tell it to back up, it's like, can you use another word? And I'm like so anyway, Yeah, I think that I that means more like my people being like I wish I could be friends with her friend, Like I'm my family, not so much because I didn't earn you. But I am proud of my family. But I'm more proud of like the people I collect around me that don't have to be with me.
Speaker 3: Understood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what how do you feel when dad gets hit on?
Speaker 3: Uh? I don't know how I feel. I just just run it through. Well.
Speaker 6: I think it's uh interesting because he he does get hit on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't think I care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're it's secure, I've got him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not going.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's going anyway. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well let's go to break. We'll come back up. You think about that. So last night was the Emmys and then the Emmy's parties. Did you watch the Emmys?
Speaker 4: Not all of it? It was quite long, and but I did appreciate the things that I saw.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I was also up against the West Coast feed came on directly against Sunday Night Football Bears. Ali's a huge Bears fans were definitely watching the game. So I kind of was like flipping back and forth to.
Speaker 1: A huge Bear fan because yes, that.
Speaker 2: I heard. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In fact, she was on a work trip in New York this past week and she was flying from uh New York to LA And on her flight from New York to l A, she saw the fort her name the woman from the Bear who plays the the chef one. Yeah, the one who won.
Speaker 5: What's her name, Lisa col Maybe I think so, Maybe I think so, But if not, I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: You got closer than so.
Speaker 4: She saw her sitting at the airport terminal and Ali was running late, and she was sprinted into the terminal and she ran up to the door and the door was closed and she was like, no, my life's over. And it turns out that the flight was delayed and the door was closed because the plane wasn't even there. She was like, oh my god. And then Lisa Colonne Rays was sitting right there, saw the whole thing and was like a little bit like laughing, and they were all laughing together.
Speaker 1: See the Bear is a comedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the first time she's ever laughed.
Speaker 7: I think it's Olivia Coleman, by the way.
Speaker 1: No, it's she won She won Best Supporting in a Comedy Series last night. That is who we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Olivia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's from the She played the stepmother in uh the best show that ever Fleabag.
Speaker 8: Yes, and she's in The Crown. I mean she's in She's in the Favorite, which is great. She said, wonka, Oh she is She's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So so also this is this applies to a lot of topics we've been discussing. So she's she went and she sat down after she had that just like smile moment with this person who's not oliving.
Speaker 1: She recognized her right away.
Speaker 4: Immediately, and she sat down and then some guy started hitting on her and she.
Speaker 1: Gets hit on all the time. She has such a friendly disposition.
Speaker 4: Yes, she gets hit on constantly. But she was wearing a Chicago Bear shirt that just had the face of the Bear, which is kind of like the same logo as the Bear restaurant exactly the show. Some guy was hitting on He was like, hey, cool shirt, go Bears Bear down and he was trying to talk to her, and then she's like, I need to get out of this guy hitting on this situation. So she said, hey, over there is the person from the Bear I've been thinking about going to talk to her. Do you think that's a good idea. And then the guy was like, yeah, go say hello. And so it achieved two things. It gave her the confidence to go talk to the person and got her out of the hitting on situation.
Speaker 1: Incredible, And that woman is new to being recognizable, so probably she's not like, it's not like seeing Tom Hanks or someone who's.
Speaker 5: Like, no, who's going to like, you know, this is great for her, Like she's gonna have a story to tell.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. Yeah, she did an inconvenience this woman and she's.
Speaker 4: On her way to the Emmys. Most films, Oh, Yeah. So Ali went up to her and she said, I'm such a huge fan. She was with her husband who's also on the show, who also plays her husband on the show. Wow, Yeah, her real life husband, and so they chatted and she was so gracious and clearly this doesn't happen a lot to her yet, but because she was like extremely like happy. And then Ali sat down after they had a great exchange and secretly on her computer, U was watching not Olivia Coleman the whole time, and no one else went up to her. So she knows that this this person doesn't get approached a lot yet. Yes, and so she got in early, like investing in Amazon early in the n That's so great. Yeah, that was a great exchange. And also you can just tell that she's going to be a nice person matter even if she was super famous.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. And do we have her name yet?
Speaker 7: Yes, it's Lisa colonezeas so close.
Speaker 2: I said, Lisa Cologne.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's anyone.
Speaker 4: II it's Lisa Cologne Ray.
Speaker 1: No, none of us remembered it at all.
Speaker 2: I was saying, I.
Speaker 4: Thought her name was Selena.
Speaker 1: Gomez just was was there last night? It was Yeah, I watched we what what? Yeah, we watched us that we were getting our hair and makeup done. It was fun to watch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was hard to watch though, what do you mean a lot of noise and I don't know, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of noise in the room. Yeah, oh yeah, everyone's talking and trying to watch and yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: No, So it was I was like I kind of looked back and saw who won this morning, because I'm like, I didn't catch all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And at one point I just screwed up. That guy was my first blow job because he was there. I won't say who it was. I was really excited to identify him, uh, for the for the and then I I like said it so quickly because he was going to be off the screen. And it's just a funny thing to say, like when your hair and makeup team just just got like I've said it before because I see his face pop up often and it's just a funny thing to it because and it's like, how was that your first? Like people were like, was your first, like when you were like thirty five, and it wasn't. It was in college, but it was my first, And I was like, that was my first in and then I forgot my mom was there as I said that. I think, yeah, I think, but then I forgot. Chris was in the other room when I said it, but I don't think he.
Speaker 3: Remember, and I don't think he was there. He wasn't there.
Speaker 1: No, he was in the other room football, but he didn't hear. It's okay. He knows that I've getten then before him, yeah.
Speaker 3: He knows all about him.
Speaker 1: It was actually him. It was his reflection on the TV, first on my last and then yeah, that was funny because then Leah, who was doing your hair and makeup last night, they were doing the in Memoriam and someone came up and she goes, oh, he gave me my first Tiffany's necklace, and we all go what And I go, who gave you your second? She goes, it was my only one. I go, so you can just say it was Richard Simmons. She worked with Richard Simmons to lose weight, and she after she lost her first hundred pounds, he gave her a Tiffany Now clist. And then she also shared a story that he would grab her ass all the time and says, I made this ass so I can grab it and I thought, all, right, time, and you can't cancel someone who's dead.
Speaker 2: You can, you can?
Speaker 1: You can doctor suits? Didn't we to cancel doctor suits?
Speaker 4: He gets away with it again and again.
Speaker 1: Richardsons can't like he's beyond. She only shared it because she was delighted by that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. No, Richard was a hero.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's as one hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: That's huge, she said, her first under pounds she lost. She's lost one hundred pounds a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's amazing situation.
Speaker 3: All about that necklace. I want another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the way we would fit.
Speaker 4: So where were you sitting in the audience there?
Speaker 1: I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: You weren't No, I thought you were there? Oh just the parties?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because I wasn't. They said, because I go? Can I still go if I last week? And they said no, it's only people who are nominated. And then I was like, oh okay. After I heard that, I'm like, I'm going to send screenshots of everyone who's there that's not not I mean, there were so many social media influencers, YouTube stars there. I'm like, are they not it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly, But it's fine. I actually am glad that I didn't have to go, because then I would have had to get hair and makeup done at twelve. This way, it was like getting it at six o'clock. It was it's just sort of been a long day and you just sit there and it's you know, it's a long ceremony. I can watch it on TV.
Speaker 4: There are people who won who didn't even deserve to be there.
Speaker 1: In your opinion, right, right, Well, yeah, and then we went to parties, but Sean went was Chris's plus one. My mom was my plus one. And then we went to the Netflix party, which was fun. There are a lot of people from Love on the Spectrum.
Speaker 4: There was cool.
Speaker 5: Like my jaw hit the floor when I saw a Love on the Spectrum cast member that I can't remember his name right now.
Speaker 2: I think so it's either that or Lisa Colone Reyis.
Speaker 3: They were dancing again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mouth dropped and I was just like, he's real.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, it was exciting so that he was so cute because adorable, he's so cute.
Speaker 2: My god g and Carlos Bosito showed up and like.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding, he's like, I'm breaking bad and he was gonna do the right thing.
Speaker 4: As one of the villain presenters.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he had this hat on that was like so crisp. Like the only people I've ever seen wear a hat like this are like Cowboy Carter and then like Lady Gaga and the Joeanne period, and it was like so fucking crisp. I'm like, oh my god, you're so cool. I could never pull off a hat like that.
Speaker 7: You can.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could. I think everyone would like call me like broke Back Mountain or something.
Speaker 1: My mom was actually commenting on your red carpet posing and said, Sean, yeah, I has got it down.
Speaker 3: He knows how to take a picture.
Speaker 2: I'm a buffoon.
Speaker 1: How did you learn that style? You kind of lean for you like do a lean that makes you look like it looks really yeah, really cool in these pictures.
Speaker 2: So this is what I did.
Speaker 5: I studied Jennifer Lopez at the Oscars in nineteen ninety nine, and I just do that.
Speaker 2: And I know, with my big fat body.
Speaker 1: Look how coy looks.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a good style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said that to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll send all these, Yeah, you're gonna get all these. I haven't posted that's from the HBO party. Emily, my social media girl who was on the podcast last week, said that because I was like, I woke up at ten today and I when we went to breakfast, and I was like, it just takes so long to make a post. You have to pick out the photos, then you have to format the photos so that your feet aren't cut off, and eats, and then it's and now she told me to download this other app that makes everything look like nice and when you slide a photo, it like leads to the next photo. You know, like just there's so much to do and to pick it all out and then to come up with a cool caption that's not trying too hard. It's like it just takes about an hour and a half of my time, and that's with minimal effort. I'm not I'm not joking you. I don't really try that hard, but like just to crop them all and then like remember which ones you cropped. It's like so much time. Didn't have time for it today and everyone's already posted their Emmy's dumps. Like I woke up to like like last night even I'm like, oh god, how did all these people do it? So fast.
Speaker 4: They do it at the parties while they're sitting there.
Speaker 1: Bor I think they do, but instead I'm singing Pink Pony Club with Sean o'cahor.
Speaker 4: In the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it was so fun. But Emily told me, she was like, the best time to post is six pm your time. So she was like, bost people are scrolling at six pm interesting Pacific, nine pm Eastern. So anyone out there who wants to optimize their posting, that's the until I got today, it's like like nine pm Eastern, six pm Pacific is like best time to post because that's when everyone starts a scrolling because they're off work. They're kind of changed out of their work clothes, kind of be walking lazily on a treadmill if they are at the gym.
Speaker 5: Venmo Emily for that information, that is like, it's so cruise. That is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's six pm PSD.
Speaker 3: Well, why doesn't she do all that uh cutting of the picture?
Speaker 1: She will. I'm gonna we're gonna try to make this.
Speaker 3: I mean, you just send her pictures.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna try to do that. But I also still want some kind of control because sometimes I want this photo before this one. It's just you know, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta let go of control, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: But then if you do, but then then your I don't know. I've sensed when people on fans of like go control and then their Instagram just slightly has a different tone and vibe that's just is a little bit off, and you're like, I just feel like they aren't a part of this anymore, and I don't want to that entirely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Tomald Trump on truth soci Wow.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking that I was gonna make the same that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's got off the rails.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite moment of the weekend. I think was waking up to what I thought was a fake tweet that someone just made and was meming, and then someone sent it to me. Then I was getting so many d ms from Bestie's saying like did you see this? And then someone all it takes for me to believe something is to someone this is real, like like immediately, you know, like that for some reason we trust that when someone just goes this is real. The Internet, honestly, it's no there's no authority, there's no but someone's saying that makes it real to me, and it was real.
Speaker 4: Apparently it is.
Speaker 2: The news outlet.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. I was laughing. I couldn't stop laughing and saying it.
Speaker 5: The idea of a guy running for president waking up on a Sunday morning and the first thing he like says to the world is I daylor left is so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's it's a stark reminder that that's what him being president was like. It was like every day we'd wake up and there'd be a crazy tweet.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's not surprising, but it's just like, I can't believe. I'm sure he like because they must he must be like, I'm going to tweet about it, and they because since the endorsement, he's probably wanted to tweet that, right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I was in all caps that if he was able to tweet it immediately, it would have been in lowercase because it's been bubbling up inside of her.
Speaker 1: I have to go to the bathroom just I just want to go. I just want to look at look at some documents. Well you don't read. And so he went in there and they go, no, they're banging on the door. Don I was surprised it was only one exclamation point, to be honest with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's that. I mean, he's a messy bitch. It should be at least five.
Speaker 4: It almost gets a little bit more of an impact with one exclamation point.
Speaker 6: It's what he was half half in his right mind, Yes exactly.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just.
Speaker 1: Nervous for Taylor. I really don't appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not good for her.
Speaker 1: It's not good for her, but it's so it was at first it was very funny to me because it's just such a dumb move on his part, because all with the Kamala endorsement, like Swifties are going to vote for Kamala because she told us to, not that that's why I am. But some are. They are so like whatever our leader says, will do. But now like any that were like maybe I'm on the fence, like you anyone who likes Trump that's a swiftye Like sorry, Taylor comes first, you cannot say And Taylor didn't say I hate Donald Trump, right, like.
Speaker 2: Uh, reasons why she was voting for Kamala and it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Chris pointed out that like him saying he could shoot someone, in the middle of you know, Madison Avenue or whatever he said and Taylor and that he wouldn't no one would do anything like that, didn't offend anyone.
Speaker 4: But this is the thing.
Speaker 1: You don't get to hate.
Speaker 2: You've lost your mind now.
Speaker 1: It was so it's it made me happy because it just as shows. Whenever he gets like that, you just know he's not having good news come from his.
Speaker 4: Intel was bad. Yeah, yeah, that's what happened that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know things.
Speaker 4: Still a toss up race, it's still forty eight percent. But how is that positive?
Speaker 1: And with Laura's this Lumar chick, is he allowed to tote around this bigoted uh conspiracy theorist uh nine to eleven truth or bring her to a nine to eleven memorial? How is that okay? She's one of who said that the White House is gonna smell like Curry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How is that okay? That he could even be in the same room as her And it's not like like leading news.
Speaker 5: She's been like a proud white nationalist for like seven years.
Speaker 1: And wrapping his arm around her like she's the first lady?
Speaker 2: Is that man from Uber from Uber?
Speaker 5: No, you don't know race, do you know how racist you have to be to get bedroom uber well.
Speaker 4: Undecided voters simply haven't learned enough of back Kamala's economic policies. They really want to dig into the detail before they make a firm decision.
Speaker 1: Undecided voters, you like Trump and you just are just you. You like the attention you get from being like I don't know, because you feel important. You know, this is the only time in your lives that anyone gives a fuck about you. And so because you're an undecided voter, it gives you identity. It makes you feel important, It makes you feel like the fate of the nation lays lies in your hands, which it does. So maybe, yeah, take it. You're important, but you're not. You're using this because you have nothing else going on in your personality. That's actually interesting. How are you fucking undecided? It's it's such a it's it's so why we're even asking these people. It literally reminds me when they do in the Onion and they interview the people on the street and the Onion that are the same people every time that say the most inane That's what undecided voters. I don't care what they're saying anymore. I don't want to hear it. I don't even know the like, and they never give in. You go they go after the after the debate, undecided voters, they go through nine of them, three have maybe made their decision, but they're all still undecided because they have to hold on to that because it's their only thing interesting about them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or they just say what they were going to say before the debate even happened.
Speaker 5: But it is wild because undecided voters are still like being pulled in late October, which means that they are making the decision when they get in the boot. It's just like, honestly, like I I knew I was voting for I like, I don't even like love Kamala, but I'm like, I'm all in, I'm gonna vote for her.
Speaker 1: I would hate to go to dinner with these people, like they would need to hear about everything on the menu.
Speaker 4: I don't know it was the chicken. Well, the chicken comes with a side of naziscy, you know, but I don't know if the fish has any uh his policy on tracking. I love John Stewart's he made a great joke. It's a kind of a nuanced joke. So I won't play by me just repeating it, but he made the point that, like it feels like if you're in a state that's on a swing state, as in Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, then it's like you're not even part of this country voting. It's like you don't even get It's like you're watching another country. It's like, I hope the people of Georgia decide a good president. You're right, yeah, It's like it just painted a picture of how stupid the electoral college is and how it disenfranchises basically like eighty five percent of the American populace.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yes, it's it sucks so much to think that, like are like, like our vote does matter.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, Like it does not matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like what is it like fifteen percent of all people in America live in California or some more than that. I don't know, but that sounds right that yeah, and their vote means less like.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, oh oh yeah, well compared to like North Dakota, it's like someone's vote in the electoral college in North Dakota is something like sixty is worth sixty votes to one to California's vote. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: I said that weird doesn't make any sense, is what?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it's the same with the Senate. The Senate, every state gets two senators despite the population, Like.
Speaker 5: All two people who live in Wyoming get to be senators.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a nightmare, and the electoral college will never be Well, they're not going to overturn that or try to amend that because.
Speaker 4: Well, the one thing that could really change that desire is if Texas, which has been wavering on like forty six percent blue, if Texas ever went blue, it would mean that only Democrats would get elected for from now until the remainder of time. And so at that point there might be a poll from both sides to but until that day, yeah.
Speaker 1: Until it doesn't favor Republicans, yes, it's not going or until it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's I can see in the future at some point Texas could If Texas ever went blue, it would be like it would up ender political Do you see.
Speaker 1: That someone did a piece about who was it? God damn it. It was about oh is Bill maher his like you know, final thought the other night was about how we have this transition like the time between someone is elected and they actually take office is ours is longer than almost any other countries. And he's just going through all the countries that it's like four days a week, two days overnight. Because that it used to be like you had to get William Taft in a stage coach and like drive him from Ohio or whatever to DC and it would need to take it would take a while. Yeah, but that that time like we don't need it, Like when you get fired from a job, they're not like, no, just hang around for two months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So I think that that was like an interesting point that so much can go wrong in that time period as we.
Speaker 4: Saw, you know, wow, yeah, absolutely, yeah, I mean there's there is like it takes a long time for them to count the votes, so like we didn't know for like two weeks who won last time. So I think by December first you should probably and they have to like officially count the votes and the vice president has to say like it's a official yeah that, but like does that really take three months?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I'll tell you a conversation I got in at an Emmy party over the weekend that made me kind of scared. But also hopeful after this we were back so on. I've been going to Emmy's parties all weekend. It was started Friday night, then Saturday there was a brunch. Saturday night there's parties, and then last night there's parties on Sunday night and then but on Friday night, Chris and I went to the Hollywood Reporter Party, this really nice house that I think is just used for like parties. One of the nicest houses I've ever stepped foot in in the Hollywood Hills. Beautiful, just indoor outdoor, a pool with like the floating Hollywood Reporter logo, and like just a big buffet of food. It was just like lovely. And then I did it was kind of like not that many people there was like kind of a chill invite. How many probably like one hundred over like a huge.
Speaker 4: And out of one hundred people, how many are like recognizable faces?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 1: Five, six, okay, seven eight, not like five twelve but to someone who watches a ton of TV, which will be me by the time I'm doing the Golden Globes more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, So it's mostly stars that are at this thing, No, mostly producer types.
Speaker 1: Producer types agents, like people from City Bank, Like I mean, like Hollywood is so tied up with like banking and different investors.
Speaker 4: So when you walk into a party like this, who are the the who comes up to you?
Speaker 1: A lot of people's plus ones who are just fans, which is sweet. I like that, Like just a lot of people that I might like. They're like, I go and why are you here? And they're like, oh, I'm just here with my friend who was nominated for camera work on something, so like friends of people that I wouldn't even know anyway. But and then like, but I met Zachary quinto Oh Spot.
Speaker 4: He's got that new show coming out which I forgot about.
Speaker 1: I forgot about.
Speaker 4: I've seen him and he.
Speaker 2: Plays a doctor that can see the future or something.
Speaker 1: I think that's what he was playing at the party too, because he was like I I met it. He's like a stunning man. I was immediately like, oh my god, I know you, and I like you. I really haven't seen his work because I didn't see Star Trek Star Trek, Yes, And but I knew of him and he was there and he knew me, and so we kind of like were introduced and then we just kept talking and he was telling me about how there is going to be He was like he was talking in a way that like I couldn't really grasp. I was like, have you just come from an ayahuasca ceremony? He was like, there's a global consciousness. This is about consciousness. There's about he goes, it doesn't matter who wins, there's going to be a reckoning. There's going to be a change. He was like, I was at the debate and he's he what's it called. He was like, he did a lot of work with Obama both terms, and then he was done stuff with But he said there was a shift for him at the debate where he like realized.
Speaker 3: That he couldn't have been at that.
Speaker 1: He's totally still Kamala.
Speaker 3: But how was he at the debate?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry he was watching the debate. You're right, sorry, he was watching the debate.
Speaker 2: He was playing David.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he said that I don't remember exactly, but he's like it's He's like, you know, something's there's going to be some things that like civilization is kind of coming to a shift. There's going to be a massive shift. He's predicting and like he's saying this with these like the Spock energy and he's like it's He's like, it's okay, Everything's gonna be okay, but you need He said a lot of stuff, but and I was like very much focused, like trying to like internalize it because it was like so it was intense. But he got through and he goes, all I have to say to you, He goes, do you meditate? And I go sometimes he was like start meditating. He's like it's the only thing. He was like, get every person you know and love, tell them they need to meditate. It's time. Think things are about to get really crazy. Like he what are you doing that face for? I mean, I'm not selling what he was saying because it was using too big of words and I just now, am, you know, getting back on the elevate app And so I'm not able to really understand what he was saying. But but he was just like, you need to start meditating again. And I was like I needed this, like I needed to hear this. Like he was like, what kind do you do? And I was like, I do TM And he was like, get everyone you know and love to meditate. It's what we need right now. And I think it was great advice and I and I told him. I was like, I promise you I will start meditating tomorrow and I'm going to meditate twice a day for the rest of my life. And I already failed. I let him down, but I do want to start meditating again. It really did get through to me. I do think it's what we all need. I think it's but I was just like, I I can't let Zachary Quinto down, like I need.
Speaker 4: To start meditate.
Speaker 5: His dire sum up. We're about to hit a massive vibe shift, massive vibes and we should all do mushrooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly think it's time.
Speaker 3: No, really, what could he possibly be.
Speaker 1: He was just saying, like it's it's there's going to be. He predicts that things are going to crumble, soon.
Speaker 3: Implode or you know.
Speaker 1: Civil He's like, it's not an end. There's no end because the end ends always symbolized the beginning. But it's going to be things no matter what happens on November second. It's not six. I think six, it's not going to be things are will change and that it's too broken. Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: A bunch of horse.
Speaker 6: I do like the end result in control, just be Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had this podcast for seven years, the on Bluebool podcast, and I interviewed I don't know, maybe a one hundred people who have said something about a shift or the vibes are gonna change, and then even suggests that everyone needs to meditate because you need to get into your chakras and then elevate into the next level so that you can travel through the eye of our tourist or whatever the fuck their thing is. And there's been a lot of these different things, and first of all, they're always wrong, but you can always go back and point to different points in history that have been quote unquote the shift I was talking about. You could obviously say COVID was a big shift. You could say that Trump getting elected the first time was a big shift. You could say that climate change is going to be a big shift. But like the things that people always talk about are so nebulous. They're talking about like literally the end times, the end of the world. Like the big one was back in twenty twelve when the mind calendar was going to end, and they all thought that the world was going to end in twenty twelve, and then twenty twelve came and went and nothing happened, and all those people were.
Speaker 2: Like, I meant twenty you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Final thought, here's my thing. Someone has to be right at some point. It's this isn't going to last forever. So I know they always say, no, there's so many times throughout history where people have thought it was the end times and they were wrong. Well, at some point, someone's going to be right. So do we just keep using that excuse to dismiss people's fears about that? Or do and there's really is nothing you could do about it.
Speaker 4: But no, there's nothing you could do about it. But I think it's hubris to believe that in our lifetimes we are going to experience the end of the world.
Speaker 5: Well, every general, every generation believes that they're going to be there for the end of the world and the beginning.
Speaker 2: Of the time. It's going to be right and someone is going to be right.
Speaker 5: I all do is we should go onto whatever podcast that we have Sir Zachary Quinto and find out this week if he is telling a story how he's at an amy party in a k hole.
Speaker 1: He really was so sweet. It was one of the best conversations that he was just like a I felt like a real uh. I just I needed that, Like sometimes you just someone tells you something that you need to hear, and I just need someone to rattle me and say like, hey, he has.
Speaker 2: Such an intensity too and acting that.
Speaker 5: I think if I was talking to him face to face, like he could literally be telling me that, like we have to start eating dogs.
Speaker 2: We gotta.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going for my intake at the Scientology Center later.
Speaker 4: So you've been doing doing Elevate.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't yet, but they they they reached out and said you have to. We have to register accounts first, and that because they went in and tried to give us all free lifetime elevates and they said those emails aren't registered, and I was like, oh I forgot that part, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, just register. I went in. I have Elevate. I've been using it, and really I've been using a free trial.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, my free trial.
Speaker 4: Is going to start charging me in two my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'll write to them. We'll get it. We'll get it going. But are God I like it too?
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 7: It's a really fun app.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I got good graphics. I really feel like saving off my you.
Speaker 1: Know, dementia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do feel that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I really I do appreciate and I've been I have a five day streak.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: App.
Speaker 1: No, it's like an app that like has brain games for you so.
Speaker 3: You can like okay, makes sense, just.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, elevate your intelligence and memory like recall.
Speaker 4: And it's got the same level of design as like dual Lingo. Yes, it's like very good. Uh you know, sticky games that easy to use to.
Speaker 1: Have you guys use dual Lingo.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, this is not an ad. I'm going to get elevator.
Speaker 1: It's not an app. They're not paying us, this is nothing.
Speaker 2: We're not I remember, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to get charged in two days and I'm going to be Actually only.
Speaker 1: We're talking about them because I said bad things about that. They reached out to me and said, we're going to fix those bad things and we're going to give you a life time membership. But the Dual Lingo I did take off my phone because the.
Speaker 4: Bird, the bird that's not good.
Speaker 1: And I was really disturbed by a cartoon of a bird that looks sick like I just don't. I can't handle animal.
Speaker 2: If you don't use it.
Speaker 1: The bird icon gets literal bird flu, it starts getting like pussy eyes. It's disgusting and dual lingo. You need to check yourself like it's it's that doesn't motivate me to use the app. It's honestly, like I said in my I don't want to Tomagachi, I want to learn French. I don't need to keep this thing alive and make me feel like I'm being cruel somehow, because yeah, that's the worst PC, making you think that you're cruel because maybe you were busy at work, or maybe you went to France on a trip, or maybe you well, if you're lost in France but you don't know how to ask for where is the train station?
Speaker 4: Maybe you got sick or you you know, or what are you you're getting married or whatever the hell, and now you have a sick bird on your.
Speaker 1: Phone, like seeing like even my mom today was like pulled up a like look at this humming bird. It's stuck in a tree. And then this guy was like helping the or woodpeckers helping the bird out, and I just I don't even want to see that. Like, I don't even like videos where someone sends me like this animal was bad but now it's good. I'm like, I don't want to see it was bad at once. I don't want to see any of it, Like even if it dies ending well, like dying is actually a good ending for animals that suffer too, But I don't want to see that, you know what I mean? Like it's if it suffered once, I don't want to see any of it. So do a lingo. You're losing a big community of people who are hyper sensitive to animal.
Speaker 4: It's not just that, it's people who don't want to be shamed when they fail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's it too. That doesn't work. I think they've done, doesn't isn't du a lingo doing the research that like that doesn't motivate people.
Speaker 4: I gotta imagine. Yeah, I when I saw that bird the first time, I felt the same way that you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, good. Even though Anya today did ment on the girl's chat that she her dad, oh her dad too. She was talking about her dad and her mom getting together, and he like had to write the Russian Consulate to like get his wife to be out of Russia. In the nineteen sixties or whatever when they got married and he kept just shaming the Russian government of like why would you like there was something about he wrote letters shaming them and it worked, yeah, because they were so embarrassed by what he was recognizing as like not in and any Goo's. He used Nikki's method, and I didn't understand what she meant, so I need to follow up. I'm like, when I when do I use that method? But I do? Actually I do the shame method. The shame method I used. I got it from you. No, I don't know, maybe I did. I think it does work. I mean it works probably initially, uh huh to make.
Speaker 4: Some Also, Russia is such a different culture. I got to imagine their relationship with shame is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shame is such an interesting topic.
Speaker 3: Well even I mean, your dad used to say, don't say shame on you to the dog.
Speaker 1: Dogs just kick it, look at it.
Speaker 3: He's like, that's not a good dog. Say dogs know when you're saying shame.
Speaker 1: Like that's bad, that's insane.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: He was like dog go with ye, he's.
Speaker 3: Don't do the animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess not all right. I gotta go. We have more podcasts for you coming up tomorrow. We'll see you then. Don't be good bye. The Nicky Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nicki Glazer, co hosted by Brian Frangie, Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonny and Noah Avior. Edited it engineered by Lean and Loaf, video production Mark Canton, and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer podcast on YouTube, follow at Nikki Glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel