Speaker 1: Well, the final game of the series in Boston. That felt like a big one for the Orioles that they had to have after losing the first two. They did get it behind Kyle Bradish. We're going to touch on that a lot in this show. Here today, welcome into the latest Birdland Territory with Steve, Tim and Brad at the top. Today we're going to talk about the latest trade I guess rumor slash speculation. And this was all started with the ESPN, the Four Letter Network, when they ranked badly on their list of top one hundred trade candidates for this trade deadline number fifteen. It came out of nowhere because their first two times they published a list of one hundred, he wasn't even on it. Then he gets on it at fifteen. So that was curious to some of us following that. And Tim, you've been following it pretty closely, and why don't you start here. We don't know what that means, but it might mean the ools are at least open to listening, which it seems like that's the job of the front office. Why would you not listen on anti player, There's a big gap between listening and making a deal. We'll see where any of this leads.
Speaker 2: And we've brought up this speculation probably a couple of weeks ago on an episode guys, and I think we were all unanimous and saying, you gotta listen, but you're not actively shopping Adlei Rutchman. But I did find it very interesting that yesterday, two days ago, Jeff Passon, who's as well respected a national MLB insider as they come, his first two editions of this top one hundred list did not have Adley Rutchman, and then pretty much immediately following the Oriole seven game winning streak to get them back in the hunt, Adley Rutchman comes in at number fifteen, and one tiny part of the blurb to me, that was the headliner. Guys, He's a free agent after next season. Baltimore has Samuel Bisseillo locked up, locked up long term, and there's almost no chance of the sides coming together on a long term deal. That was kind of my biggest takeaway. And he handicaps the top twenty five guys on his list. He lists Adley Rutchman's chance of being traded at thirty percent.
Speaker 3: Here's how I see it.
Speaker 2: They're back in the mix and they're three games back out of the wild card hunt. I think it would be one heck of a needle to thread for michae Elias to trade Adley Rutchman while buying while still in the mix and get the major league caliber players back in return. I just think Adley brad he's second on the team in RBIs this offense, which is extremely banged up right now, and we'll get into that more later.
Speaker 3: In the episode.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna make a run at this thing and try to get back to playing October baseball, assuming you're buying, you're probably don't want Adli Ruchman there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: I think it's it's like you said, it's just kind of surprising that it popped up out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: So there's got to be some rumbling somewhere in the.
Speaker 5: Grapevine there that they for them to actually even bring this up and write about it.
Speaker 4: So it's definitely interesting.
Speaker 5: But like you said, if this team just worked their way back into the wildcard mix for real this time where they crept up right below five hundred and to kind of think that Adlie gets traded here is just kind of crazy. It's just kind of a wild speculation at this point. I would say I was kind of classified as that, but obviously there's something there, and for them to even have it at thirty percent, to me, it's just kind of a crazy number. And it's just kind of when you look at the extension of Kyle Bradish, you have Samuel Pasila locked up for so many years. Maybe they were else are trying to make a play here where they're trying to extend this window to five to seven years along the way, and if they don't see ADLEI fitting in that five to seven year window, maybe if they get a deal that blows their minds right now and they get the major league talent that they're kind of expecting to get him, it is something you have to look at. So it's definitely an interesting speculation, but at this point, but it just it would be wild to me if they were actually able to pull the trigger at this point of the season, and with the time dwindling here before the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: We should point out this speculation comes at a time when Adlie Rutchman is on the injured list with the left wrist. It's his third trip, and does that turn off the potential sooner who knows the very different than obliques which bothered him. I believe last year you've had an ankle, a concussion, and the left wrist, and so it all are kind of strange, fluky things that just happened. It's not like he's been injury prone this year, but it is three trips. And I'll add this caveat maybe this is signaling that if he doesn't get dealt at the deadline, I think all three of us feel the odds are longer that happening that he'll be an Oriel after August third. No one can guarantee you. We'll see how it plays out, but maybe that means this winner is push or go time for the Orioles and actally, either you're gonna get a deal or there might be a trade, and then then the winner they can figure out where you're going with catching Can we sign this guy? If we can't, maybe we trade him. Someone will get a full year and it brings more back, and so of course that's leading into the labor situation. So this whole thing is there's just nothing really clear here right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, definitely not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's a it's a complex puzzle to kind of put together, like you're saying, Steve, with the possible lockout, the trade deadline coming up, I think it would make more sense to wait for the winter and then from there you just you got to see how the labor agreements go and.
Speaker 4: All that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: But if if you don't feel he's gonna be there long time, the winter, to me makes way more sense to kind of get a package together, see what team you could send him to if you don't see him fitting in this long term picture, which it kind of seems like Michael Oas is trying to put together here, not just trying to figure out what they're gonna do for the new two years, but more of a beyond that kind of frame picture that he's trying to put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I see it, guys, where if you're buying, if you're going for it, I would like Adley Rutchman to remain on this roster. But moving forward, if you take passings reporting as true, then yeah, I think you got to move him in the off season because you don't want him to walk for nothing. Obviously, the Orioles have every single intention of going for it again in twenty twenty seven, So it's not going to be a situation where you anticipate selling him at the deadline as a rental. I think this is definitely a huge storyline for the off season to come, and boys, it's set to be a very wild and wacky off season just with the labor of it a whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just never dull around here. I think also there might be in the game, what is Adley Rutchman. He had two off years, he had injuries, and now he's back at an all star level. And as hope he has to seven to fifty, it's not eight to fifty. His catching has been really good. His framing is its top of the game. The pitchers love throwing to him. He's all star caliber. That's if you have an all star caliber catcher, you're ahead of most of the league. But is he the superstar player that it once looked like he would be. There's a there's a middle ground in there somewhere where he probably fits in.
Speaker 2: Well, Steve, I think the reality and I was diving into the numbers yesterday on the show on one O five seven the Fan. You look at his year this year, it's only played in sixty seven games, so he's missed a third of the season, and not all of that has just been il he's been sitting a lot of games. That was a big plan and point of emphasis to try and keep Adley Rutchman healthy this year, and they've really lessened his workload. He's caught forty nine games. This is the number that really shocked me. Guys, Adley Rutchman is only caught three straight days twice all year long. He's only called three straight days. Samuel Bissio. He has a stretch where he's caught four straight days three straight days two other times. So they've done everything they can do to keep Badly upright and healthy, but unfortunately it just hasn't been the case.
Speaker 3: And look the concussion one that that's just free clock.
Speaker 2: That's really unfortunate, but it's a big factor for any team that's acquiring Adley Rutchman.
Speaker 1: For sure, interesting times. As we said, never tell around here. That's a good thing for shows like this, I guess and media guys who keep constant stories happening. Please follow us, of course on our YouTube channel and also the podcast networks. For those of you who don't know that, you can hear us if even if you can't you're not in front of a computer to see the show on Spotify, Apple all the podcast Outlet's check us out there as well. We'll check in on that oriel Win that ended the series in Fenway Park, coming up on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 6: Hey, for the families out there looking for a new path to help your child succeed, take a look at K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade, all in a setting that works for your family. And they've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families and Todd Father you've raved about the homeschooling experience, Hey.
Speaker 7: If you're a busy family, K twelve is where it's at. I've had a couple of my children who've been home schooled. It's a fantastic opportunity for them not only to get better in school, but timely fashion too, and make some new friends. K twelve has every opportunity to make your child better and smarter as they move forward in their academic career.
Speaker 6: See how K twelve Powered Schools can help unlock your child's full potential enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: Quick note from Baseball America's latest Top thirty list before we get into the red Sox series. Four oriol draft picks are now ranked by Baseball American and updated list. Eric Booth Junior is number one. He's the number one oriol prospect their first draft around draft pick that they just signed. Tie head NC State outfielders ranked ninth on this list. Kevin Roberts, Junior, Mississippi High school outfielder with the loud tools is sixteenth, and right hand to pitcher Dom Vogel of University of Kansas is thirtieth. So four Orioles moved right into the top thirty out of the draft. And Eric Booth Junior, by the way, in the top one hundred is number sixty four. He's the highest ranked oriole currently on the Baseball America Top one hundred. So guys, let's get into this game. Kyle Bradish on Wednesday night, game two of the doubleheader, he did his thing. Man that wasn't Bradish at the absolute top of his game, but he was in control throughout. I never thought he was giving up more than the one run he was giving up. It just felt like they could have pitched eight, nine to ten and they wouldn't have got much off him. Last night, What did you guys see from his outing in a very important five to one oriel win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just becoming that a stopper that they kind of always needed throughout the season. Between him and Trevor Rogers, right now, you have two guys that you have confidence who are going to win every time they go out there. And to me, it was just the two seamer he was running in on right ees, he was front hipping at the lefties and just using it as such a weapon. Jim Palmer talked about it multiple times that pitch has been such a difference maker with the left to right movement of it.
Speaker 4: Everything else he throws.
Speaker 5: His fastball has that cut, like we talked about, everything moves right to left. His slider, his curveballs more twelve to six, but it still has that little bit of right to left movement, and with that two seamer, it just it just cannot be a comfortable bat for anybody left these righties, I don't care who you put up there.
Speaker 4: His that patch just.
Speaker 5: Must be really uncomfortable. You know, the curveball on the slider are there. But he was just getting a hit with the fastball. And if you don't get on that first pitch, you know you have to deal with those breaking balls after.
Speaker 4: So for me, he was just.
Speaker 5: Being super aggressive, throwing tons of strikes. I think those first seventy five pitches that I think they said sixty seven percent pitches in the strike.
Speaker 4: Zone, and that's a high number for him.
Speaker 5: He's usually thrown a lot of pitches out of his own but if he's throwing strikes at that rate, good luck to hitters.
Speaker 4: And he just showed it last night.
Speaker 5: He's just being aggressive, attacking these guys and then using this stuff for there when he got ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, it's hard to call a game a must win when they're still quite a lot of games to go.
Speaker 3: But that was a you better not.
Speaker 2: Lose it type of game because if you would have lost it, you would have felled the five games back and all that good will of that seven game winning streak getting swept by the Red Sox. That would have been really, really rough, But Kyle Braddish should give him a ton of credit for a multitude of reasons. That's been a team that has given him a lot of trouble over his career. Heading into last night, he was one in six with the six seven five ERA and ten starts against the Red Sox. In three starts at Fenway Park, he had given up fifteen runs over just ten innings. But Bradish, we know walks have been an issue for him at times this year, a lot of starts for him, only one walk last night. The slider and curveball were really strong. And also, how was this going to look? Because he was coming off in eleven day layoff, it had been a while since Kyle Bradish was on the mound, and add on top of that, although it's a good problem to have the really long first inning where gosh, it was probably a thirty minute forty minute first inning, so it had been a while since he even had thrown his warm up pitches since that point, and all he did was deliver one two, three shutdown inning, which unfortunately avoided Dean Kramer a lot in the game one of the doubleheader was.
Speaker 1: He nine pitches, one unfour hit, six innings early in control. You gave the career numbers to which he overcame, plus the eleven days rest which he overcame last six starts as ra for the Orioles two oh three. Bradish. By the way, we'll be celebrated Friday afternoon at Oriel Park at Camden Yards with a press conference, uh to announce officially the ninety million dollar deal. And you know, celebrate this guy who's just so consistent. He's ninety four every game. Occasionally you see a little more, but you can count on it. Yeah, last night it was exactly fifty percent fastballs, fifty percent secondaries. And Brad I found this interesting. On the data we can look up the two seam is thrown mostly to righties to pound that thing in against lefties. Last night all seventeen of his four seamers, all seventeen were against left handed batters, not one to a righty. Why would that be do you.
Speaker 5: Think, I would say, especially at Firmway Park, you want lefties to pull the ball. So with this cutting action on the fastball, you're going to try to run that in on lefties and really make them hitted to the large part of the ballpark. And if you get beat out there, the guy obviously put a good swing on it, but it makes sense that he's throwing that pitch, especially a f nWay, But just in general, I just think it's a really hard pitch for lefties to get extended on. And when I say get extended on, just means a lot of hitters want the ball out over the plate. And when we're able to run the ball in on guys, and especially with that cutting action where okay, it looks middle in but it ends up on the really inside part of the plate, he's just able to pound that in on lefty. So it makes a lot of sense to throw his four seamer to lefties and not so much the righties, because when you miss with the rights, it almost turns into a cutter, and for a righty pitcher throwing to a righty hitter, the cutter pitch becomes kind of a home run pitch, is what I've always been told in my career. So it makes a lot of sense to jam that four seamer in on him, and then he's got that back foot breaking ball and the curveball, and I mean, it's just good luck. And if you're able to jam that four seamer in on lefties, you could sneak a sinker away because the guys have seen everything coming in coming in coming in. You throw that sinker away. Now they're way off and it just creates a big problem. He's a tough pitcher, I mean, I just like I said before, it's just I can't imagine any of bat's being fun against Kyle Brad's, especially when he's punding the strike zone and getting ahead of guys.
Speaker 4: Greg.
Speaker 2: Kyle's a bulldog, and I'm sure just knowing him, he probably wasn't even thinking about those career numbers, but just reading them, it kind of brings me back to the episode with Zach Britton, right where I forget was Peter Borges. You know, he brought up a guy that had good numbers against him. But there's thirty teams in baseball, and then, inevitably, I'm sure Brad, there was a team that gave you a lot of trouble. Like, does that ever go through your head or a ballpark where you particularly struggle in like he did at Fenway Park prior to that, do pictures think about that at all?
Speaker 5: Not a ton I would say you might think about it like maybe before the series starts, but when you're out there, all that kind of goes out the windows. So it's definitely a thought that you're like you probably have, like, man, I just can't figure out this lineup or this team or this stadium. It might creep in your head in the beginning of this series, but when you're out there, you get your game plan once you leave the bullpen there after he gets done warming up, it's really not a thought that comes in. But I'm sure it's something he's thought about, and I'm sure he's been told these numbers, and you know, whether he reads it somewhere or sees it or he knows.
Speaker 4: That in the back of his mind.
Speaker 5: So to go out there and put up the outing had yesterday, it's just a It's really good on him because he was able to flush it and go out there, and especially with the he's got that fat wallet now in about his back pocket after signing that contract. To go out there and have the outing he had is just it was awesome to watch.
Speaker 1: Listen, there's pressure every night in Major League Baseball, but here's a guy eleven days rast who knows what that's going to bring just got the big contract or O's had to have it. Yeah, it was maybe the most pressurized game of the year for any Oriel to pitch, and there couldn't have been a better guy to pitch it. Bradish. I was surprised him pitch game one of that doubleheader. I think that's the way I would have done it. And when I saw Kramer, I wasn't disappointed because Deane's a good pitcher too, but I just thought, your best guy, why why not pitch him in Game one? I'm sure the Oils had a reason for that, and that's how they did it. So let's the guy with a long name here, one of the longest done Major League Baseball history, Christian and Carnacion. Strand comes up. There's five for eleven hits two home runs in this series. By the way, the Oriols hit two in the series. He hit them both, and he doesn't when it hit him, they say, as the scouts say, when he hits one, it stays hit. I mean, this was a big performance by this guy who's been just quietly putting up numbers all year for Norfolk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, it's a I think it's a great credit to him to just kind of keeping his head down and playing at Triple A, never knowing when an opportunity was going to come. With the way Blaisee Alexander was playing in the way. They love having Kobe Mayo out there against lufties, especially, but he's been on the all year. You just never know when the opportunity is gonna come. And he got his name called and he really stepped up this series. He did a great job. Balls that he can handle out over the plate, he crushed them, and with those two home runs, the one was a big time home run to center field there at Fenway Park. That is not a small part of the park to go out at, and.
Speaker 4: He just did a great job.
Speaker 5: And I think it's just really a good testament to him, and honestly, the guys at Triple A, the managing the staff there down at Triple A kind of making sure these guys just kind of keep their head down, do your work, and when your name is called, you go up there. You're not just going to sit the bench. He came up and played right away, so it's not like you're just going up there as a guy who might get in the game. He was thrown right into the fire of a big series up at Fenway Park, and he did a great job, and it was awesome to see him step up and really contribute the series.
Speaker 2: It's funny, guys, like we were just talking about this last episode. It's very on brand with this year's Orioles club. You've just seen guys come out of nowhere contribute for them, and Christian and Karnasi owned stre in game one of that doubleheader, the three hit performance, the solo homer, he drove in another run in another at bet and he was this close for a four for four, by the way, hitting that fourth ball right up the middle. The defender made a great play. But you can also look in game two of the doubleheader where Jonathan Rodriguez, he got called up and boom, he's the dah against the lefty and he ended up driving in a run in the first inning of that game. So got immediate contributions out of him as well.
Speaker 1: It's one reason you sign those some people call him and I don't like this term. Four A guys, guys who have a little bit of major league time and they're a veteran at TRIPAA, and they don't excite the fan base because they're not a ranked prospect who's twenty one, but you might need him at some point. So that's the Rodriguez and Strand exactly are those kind of guys who are important in Christian and Carnassi on Strands Cees that we might call him from here on out really got the job done, and it was impressive to see a veteran who who a moment wasn't too big for him because he've been around the big leagues. He has enough experience to handle it, and he did. Orioles got a big win in Game two. We'll talk more about that and some other topics coming up on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel. Baseball fans think you know who's hitting a homer today, Well, FanDuel is giving you a free chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash podcast. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast to play daily dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball twenty one plus Select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC, Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wagerromount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, Visit MD gamblinghelp dot org. Maryland Visit Gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero, Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and Why text hope and Why. New York call one eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven, Louisiana.
Speaker 1: MLB dot compoint and app that the Orioles ended a fifteen game losing streak for the second time in Team hit Street. The first was on June seventeenth, nineteen ninety one. Minnesota had won fifteenth straight. The Oil scored three in the bottom of the ninth of Memorial Stadium, Randy Milligan a walk off two run double and they won. And then last night, as we taped this to day after the Ools wrapped up in Boston, they ended not only the Red Sox fifteen game overall win streak, which tied their franchise record set in nineteen forty six, they had won ten straight Division games. That streak ended two in Game three. As an oriel fan watching the Boston series, the Red Sox are very exuberant, and I think that irks fans. I don't know if it erks players. We can ask. We got one on the set here, Tim, and we can ask them. But they're real exuberant. Okay, they're rolling. They're fans to sell out. I get you get caught up in it and you can't ask them to be robots out there. But I'll just say the other teams fans. I'm guessing if we could pull every Oiel fan today, hello over the top of time. You guys are really yucking it up out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think they're just kind of playing off Wilson Contraras. I played with him at Chicago, and he's just he's an exuberant player. He's gonna You're gonna see his emotions good, bad, and different all the time. And I think during this fifteen game stretch it was obviously very very important for their season. I mean they went from maybe the worst record in the AL to now in the lead of the wildcard, which goes to show how wacky this AL is right now. But I think they're just kind of playing off him, and I think he's just doing everything he can to kind of show the extra And yes, it does irk you on the other side. It's kind of one of those things where it's this isn't the playoffs, this isn't you know, this is the game in the middle of July. I get it's exciting, and I think they were just playing into like the fans excitement and everything. But I think he did a good job of kind of just getting them fired up. I mean, there was a point in the game yesterday where he got I think he hit the double. He turns around as he gets past first base and he's yelling at the dugout let's go, let's go. The crowd got into it, and to me watching that as a former player, I'm thinking, oh, man, like, what's gonna happen now that the crowd's starting to get back into it? Even though the game was for nothing and it felt like it was in hand. When the team's on that much of a role, you're just thinking, Oh, no, is this what's gonna kind of get them going? Because I'm sure there was multiple games during the stretch where they're down, but one little thing happens. Next thing you know, they're taking the leader, they're right close to taking the league, and all of a sudden, the crowd's getting excited.
Speaker 4: They're starting to stand up.
Speaker 5: But Kyle Bradish once again was just that bulldog and just gave him no room to breathe at all last night. And that's why I think he gets a ton of credit for that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll go it the other way. I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: I kind of like it, and I understand the old school mentality Act like you've been there before, just round the bases. I get all of that, and to me and maybe I'm wrong, and Brad you know that more than anybody, you know, playing against the guy. It kind of started with Jose Baltista, like I feel like his bat lip, and then you know, from that point on, you've seen so much more of the theatrics of baseball and it's really kind of exploded at this point. But guys, I just think back to what was it a couple of weeks ago, Samuel Besaio hitting that two run shot and throwing the bat with two hands, and I thought that was really cool. But sure, being the other side of that, you're probably like, yeah, it was this twenty one year old kid doing like I get it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it's fun. I think it's fun for the game.
Speaker 5: I think through tim, I think it's lead. Baseball has definitely leaned into that more. I mean sure, so the fact that there's celebrations in the dugout that like the rookie of myself is just like what is going on?
Speaker 4: But it's it's fun for the fans. The guys obviously enjoyed.
Speaker 5: I remember a couple of years ago obviously with the you know the I think the Orioles had the hose thing that they were doing in the dug.
Speaker 1: Out the bong.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the fans love it, so it's it's it's one of those things where I have to, you know, kind of check myself with that stuff too, because you just guys enjoy themselves and it's allowed now in the game.
Speaker 4: It's not an unwritten role anymore.
Speaker 5: So it's just one of those things now that you have to embrace as a fan and just kind of your team can do the same thing. So it's I get where you're coming from that tim for sure. Just the old school player myself is like what in the world is going on sometimes, but it is fun and the fan bases love it, so it's one of those things you just got to kind of lean into.
Speaker 1: Definitely an age thing. The young guy here election more than the veteran guy will use that term, you know, just in an age where it's it's called Ripkin and Murray just hit home runs and yeah, that's that's what they did, and that's what some of us are used to. But I understand it's a different time and there's a lot more enthusiasm from the players. I just think the picture ought to be able to do it too. If the next time up he strikes can trare us out. He ought to be able to do it jig around the man and I'm not ridiculous, and that picture would be called out by people and be like, well, did the same thing the other guy just did well.
Speaker 3: To be fair, you know, with the staredown, I can.
Speaker 1: Only imagine, Yeah, okay, that's a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that's a little little he's not.
Speaker 1: Screaming in his dog first base line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back clips and.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get in another note or two on this show before we run out of time. On Birdland Territory.
Speaker 9: Big Bad Morning Show, Vinnie and Haney, Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six, Search Baltimore one O five seven the Fan, Subscribe for daily Short's right to your phone and never missed what you missed one five seven the Fan.
Speaker 1: As we like Gunner in the Boston series five for twelve four extra base hits, I think all four were off left and maybe all four went to left or left centers. I mean, it just were good signs everywhere for him. This is it the takeoff We've said it one hundred times now, and so maybe these were the best signs of the year. Big series pressure on lefty pitchers. He got it done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think, like I said, I had mentioned last episode, the fact that he was using the center and left field this series is encouraging sign. It starts to mean that he'll be able to get to the inside pitch and start pulling balls again. But I think if he's able to use the opposite field, that just makes him a much better hitter and kind of shows what he can do with the extra base hits, because anytime he hits the ball in the gap, there's a chance for minimum double. But he showed the triple speed last night, so there's just a lot more that can happen when you're able to use all fields. Then he starts getting his field again for the inside part of the pitch, pitchers start coming in again, and then he starts punishing him out to right field. So I think it's a really really encouraging sign that he was able to hit the ball the other.
Speaker 2: Way, and getting that triple yesterday was big. Him getting up screaming, that's vintage Gunner Henderson, And you know, I know I said this last episode, and it's even more so now you need your top guys, Pete Alonzo, Taylor, Ward, Gunner Henderson. This is a very very undermanned Orioles lineup right now with Adley Rutchman on the IL, Samuel Bisio on the IL. Hopefully both of those guys are at a minimum, you know, the ten days, but who knows they could linger beyond the ten days and Blaize Alexander that's going to be a month at least. You're talking three of your top four hitters out of your lineup at least for the next week, and the competition does not get easier. You got the Braves, one of the better teams in the National League, coming to town this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be interesting up to the deadline. They hosted Lanta this weekend. As you said, the Ools go to Detroit early next week hosts Philadelphia. That takes them right up to the August third trade deadline. We'll see where the Orioles are is they left Boston three back for the final wild card in the American League. All right, that's a rat for Steve, Tim and Brad and we'll catch you next time on an other edition of Birdland Territory