Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What Driving Nick Wright Episode two sixty eight. Apologies for the late start. Today is doing a hit with my friend Dan Patrick. A lot to do today and we're already late, so let's get right to what missed the cut. NBA preseason starts tomorrow. I gotta admit I didn't know that I could lose a big preseason future. Here The Liberty up two zero on the Las Vegas Aces. I had the Aces before the year to win the title. As I've said before, I'm big on the teams with potential goats three peating this year. The Aces Asia Wilson check all those boxes, but the Liberty took the first two in New York. If there is a game five in New York, I'll go to it, but the Aces need to take care of business the next two in Vegas and the Royals. The Royals advance to the Alds. Here's what you know, what Kansas City does demanse in twenty twenty four end with Baltimore's sports team seasons. That's what we do. We go to Baltimore and take the Ravens out. We go to Baltimore and take the Orioles out one nothing, two to one. Just absolutely brilliant pitching, defensive, and managerial performance along with Bobby Bleepin' baseball Bobby Witt Junior, first playoff game ever game winning RBI single, second playoff game ever game winning RBI single. And So I am man Monday night. Monday night in New York. So Saturday night, I have birthday plans, and we're not gonna spend a lot of time talking about Today's my fortieth birthday, so it's kind of a big one. So your mom is playing stuff for me on Saturday. So Saturday, I've dinner plans with your mom and sisters and stuff. That's when the first game is Royals Yankees in New York Monday. Game two is up against Chief Saints on Monday Night football. But I'm going to the game, and I can't reveal it yet because I'll let him reveal it. But I might have a special guest with me at that game, special Kansas City based guest that'd become into New York for the game. It's obviously no Chief person because they'll be playing on Monday night football, but that should be great. Speaking of that, the great people at Blue Duck said they had a birthday present for me. It's from the MLB shop. Is it what I hoped it was? Oh, it's a Bobby Witt jersey, and I might break my Listen, grown men are not supposed to wear jerseys. However, a baseball jersey to a baseball playoff game you can do. I wore. Now here's one other thing before I get to the show. So I went to Royals Yankees a month ago wearing my Bo Jackson jersey, standing and clapping and excited for the Royals, and the Yankee fans were nice because they're the Royals. No one really cares it's a regular season game. The Yankees were cruising. This is gonna be a different environment game two playoffs. Yankees looking at it as the Orioles who gave them trouble this year are already out the Astros, who have given them trouble year after year after year. By the way the Astros, this year is the first year to Monsey, the Astros didn't make at least to the Alcs. Since the Obama administration. They had made eight years in a row. They had maybe nine years. I don't know if it's eight or not. Whatever it is, they had made at least the Alcs. But they're out thanks to the red hot Detroit Tigers. So I'm going Monday night, and I know your sisters want to go as well. I don't know, man, going into an opposing team stadium in the playoffs loudly rooting for the road team can be can be a tricky spot contro but I'm excited for it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you were in Jerseys as a grown up.
Speaker 2: It's kind of my own rule. I think it's a little silly. I baseball is the hockey sweaters are different because they're just cool and they're sweaters. Football and basketball jerseys are definitively no. So I almost put hockey sweaters as like that's like yes, that is.
Speaker 3: Like just like fresh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, football and basketball jerseys, once you turn thirty, you can't wear them unless you're on the team. Like you're okay, I mean you're when. I shouldn't have said adult. I just mean like older, you know what I mean, in your twenties, you can. You can do it, especially you live in California. Go to the beach where justin NBA Jersey. I think that's totally legit. Baseball jerseys are right on the borderline. I don't know, but I'm excited. And again, listen, man, I'm a big whenever the Royals are good. I follow baseball all year. I got the once the Royals started this year two in one and I bought MLB extra innings and I've watched seventy five games this year. I hadn't watched the Soils in years. I was like, Bobby, wait, I was like, they might be good. Let's do it, and if they ever fall off, I'll go away. But I'm into it, all right, Let's get to the NFL.
Speaker 3: All right. So DeVante Adams is on the move.
Speaker 4: You said on your show yesterday that he'd instantly make any thirty, any team in the NFL better instantly. But for the most part, big name WHI our receiver trades haven't been to look what they look like on paper, and.
Speaker 3: They don't end up working out.
Speaker 4: But other teams in the running, would trading for Adams lead to dethrowning Kansas City?
Speaker 3: And if not, why would they do so?
Speaker 2: So listen, I there's one team that's in the mix for DeVante that I do think would change up the math a bit. I would still say the Chiefs are the favorite. But if the Bills trade for DeVante Adams, that's a needle mover. So here's the here's the Let's talk about the three best teams in the AFC de demanse and no disrespect to the Bengals, but their defense is dreadful. And no disrespect to the Texans. But I just they haven't quite I know, they're three and one, they haven't quite clicked the way I thought they could coming into the year. So the three best teams are the Chiefs, the Bills, and the Ravens. Those three teams, and just follow me down this path. Who has the best quarterback, Kansas City, who adds the best coach Kansas City, who has the best defense, Kansas City, Who even has the best kicker, Kansas City. So how are either one of those teams going to beat the Chiefs in a high leverage spot. Well, listen the bounce of the ball randomness, but you don't really want to, you know, rely on that. The Ravens decided, Oh, okay, we're gonna have the most devastating rushing attack in the NFL in the last decade. We're gonna bring in Derrick Henry. We're gonna play bully ball. We have this dominant rushing quarterback. And it's that's the curveball we're gonna throw at a team who has the better quarterback, the better coach, the better defense. We'll see if it works out, but it's a strategy right now. The Bills don't have that pitch to throw. If they had Davante Adams, then it's like, okay, we have the more dynamic, game changing weapon on the outside. So for the Bills, I would be hitting up the Raiders and saying, hey, we know it's a one year rental, but we're a little better this year than we thought we were gonna be we cleaned up our capuh, So if you got and Davante's not gonna be on the team next year, so let's go for it. Because I do think the Bills are going to struggle against some of the better defenses in football because they don't have those elite weapons on the outside. And as good as Josh Allen is, he's not Patrick Mahomes, and he's not going to be able to do what Mahomes did last year. And by the way, part of what Mahomes did last year involved having a top three defense in football, and the Bills aren't going to have a top three defense in football. Like one of the stories of Derrick Henry's eighty seven yard touchdown run Demonsey was how fast he is. The other story was how slow the Bills secondary was. Those guys were looked like And I know Dereck Henry is a freak and is fast, but those guys had the angle they were played, they should have been able to at least the head start all of it, right, And I mean Damar Hamlin and others looked like they were running in mud. And so I don't think the Bills have this elite defense. So yeah, Davante Adams to be a lot with them. I don't understand why. I get why there's the Davante Jets connection because of Aaron Rodgers. I mean that's obvious. I don't understand why people are as optimistic as they appear to be that that's that would fix the Jets. The Jets list of issues, their five biggest issues, you know, wide receiver depth is not one of them. So I just I get why Aaron would want him. I get why. I kind of get why DeVante would want it, But if I were Davante, I would way prefer Buffalo or Kansas City.
Speaker 3: It's like the same things I'm going to play with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: It's like once to go play with my buddy ends up not working out, you know.
Speaker 2: With him to go play with Derek Carr.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like he did the same thing when he left the Green Bay the first time and then Derek Carr.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And by the way, the two teams that reportedly wants to go to are the Jets or the Saints. Yeah, I mean DeVante Adams loves Derek Carr. Bro Yeah, I mean he loves Derek Carr like he seems like a great friend and loves Derek Carr. All right, let's move on to the Chiefs and Davante and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, you said the Chiefs won't know what Rashid Rice's status is until Monday, and that they shouldn't make any drastic moves until they know about that. Las Vegas likely wouldn't play with trade with the Chiefs because of their arrival. Of there's been talks of Tyreek coming back. He's been flirting around, kind of teasing the fans on Twitter. Were going to show a few tweets he said, woke up to trade yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he wrote, he wrote, woke up to trade news exciting. By the way, I know it says nine to thirty nine am, but that's because our producers are on the West coast. He tweeted this at twelve thirty nine PM, in the middle of the afternoon on the East coast, which is where he is, so he didn't wake up to this, so that didn't make sense. He then tweeted some SpongeBob memes that I don't totally understand. I don't I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you about me like type of thing is what I say?
Speaker 2: Oh that's what it means. Okay, yeah, he's quote tweeting. Joe Shadow wrote, Tyreek Hill asked about Kansas City, says you know, and says he loves where he is, and then he writes, I love trolling you nutcases. Okay, that's fine, all right. So there's the Tyreek stuff, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Right, So Tyreek's talking about going or not talking about going over there, but there's talks of him going over there. But why would anybody trade with Kansas City and risk looking looking foolish after him?
Speaker 2: So here here's where teams across sports need to do a better job of separating emotion from logic. And I don't know. Listen, the Chiefs right now can't afford Deavante Adams unless the Raiders pay more of his salary. And like I said, I don't think they're gonna make a drastic move until they get the prognosis on Rashid, which I don't think is going to be coming for a few days. But from a purely game theory perspective, this idea that you don't want to trade with your divisional rival if you are on different timelines Not only should them being your divisional rival not be a deterrent, you should, more than anything seek out your divisional rival because you should want to trade with them. So let me explain why everybody understands Davante is a likely one year rental for if the Chiefs were to trade for him, it would be for this year and this year only. Same with if the Bills were to trade for him most likely, or the Jets. If you're the Raiders and you're trading DeVante Adams and starting Gardner, Minshew or aid and o'connolic quarterback, you know definitively this year you are not contending, So trading DeVante. What Davante adds to the Chiefs this year has no impact on you whatsoever. But by trading him to the Chiefs, you then deplete them your rival, of draft resources that you get to use, and they are slightly weakened when you are ready to compete with them. So that makes trading with your divisional rival, if you guys are on different timelines as far as the player you're trading, more attractive than trading with a cross conference team or someone because you're taking away resources for the future, which is when you would be competing with them. But that's it's not a Raiders thing that is across sports. You hear this. Don't want to trade them within the conference, don't want to trade them to a right, it's just letting emotions get in the way of smart decision making. And I just think it's I think it's silly. Now. I do not think the Chiefs are gonna trade for Devonte Adams. I think that DeVonta Adams probably is going to end up on the Jets. I think that's likely where this is going. I would not rule out Pittsburgh. We know Pittsburgh wanted Brandon Ayuk. We also know that Pittsburgh right now is probably having a slightly better season than they anticipated going into the year with fields playing better. So I would not rule them out. And there has been sneaky forty nine er buzz. I'm gonna throw another team out there at you. That forty nine er buzz would probably be like Devonte for Deba something like that, because they think they're gonna have to move off Debo in the offseason anyway.
Speaker 3: And so so I was like, what, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right now, I mean, they've got plenty of wide receivers I'm gonna throw a different one for one at you that no one's talking about and that I don't think is going to happen. But you can make a really I think smart case for it. If Cincinnati is convinced, as they should be, that T Higgins is gone after this year, that T Higgins is essentially a rental Davante for T Higgins is interesting. If the Raiders are like, okay, we will trade for Tea and give him an extension so we're not gonna have to come He's not going to be, you know, hit the open market. We have our wide receiver position with a young guy answered and if you're the Bengals, it's okay. Tea is good, Davante is great, and now we have Davante and Jamar Chase on the outside every week when we're gonna have to be an offense only team. I find that one as an interesting idea that I came up with, but I don't think I don't think it's realistic, so that I think DeVante is going into being traded and let's not have it lost in this. That the reason this went from, you know, kind of a little bit of smoke and something that could blow up into a blazing inferno. Is because the head coach of an NFL team sub liked on Instagram his star wide receiver. This all got really rolling because Antonio Pierce liked an Instagram post about DeVante Adams leaving the Raiders. It's one of the most childish, ridiculous things I've ever seen come to the to pro sports. When the head coach of the team like the post and it was seemingly the final straw for DeVante Adams, that's an outrage an.
Speaker 3: Beside my brewing.
Speaker 4: Before he liked the post, I think there was some events that, like, I don't know, I saw him going a presser and he's talking about some of our players made.
Speaker 2: Making business decisions no right about he probably want to get out of before. Yes, and DeVante might have even requested a trade privately before he did that. I don't care. You are still the head coach of an NFL team doing what a guy like this is. This is what young NBA guys do when they want to be traded, or it's what Amari Cooper did when they were talking about him being traded to the Niners and he was like, wouldn't you know wouldn't be bad for me, he wrote on Instagram. You cannot, as the head of an organization, be sending messages to your team via social media likes. It's insane that it happened.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the second year of being a head coach, it's like growing pains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, growing pains. It's also another example, don't hire the interim head coach. The The other thing that I will say is this, if the Chiefs get bad Rashi Rice News, Amari Cooper is the name I would watch for. Amari Cooper is making the minimum this year because they redid the deal, the brown stink. Amari Cooper's the name i'd watch for. All right, let's let's talk Caleb Demonse.
Speaker 4: Caleb has had a people call a rocky start, but he's got a game coming up against Carolina, who's got the worst defense in the NFL right now, So this feels like it should be a Caleb breakout game.
Speaker 3: Will it be a Caleb breakout game?
Speaker 4: Or is it going to be the Bears should have taken Daniels takes get louder.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, listen, Yeah, if Caleb plays poorly, that's gonna be a big problem because You're right about Carolina's defense, but Caleb has steadily gotten better every week. His completion percentage has gone up, his passer rating has gone up. He has looked more comfortable each and every week. For Caleb first ten quarters of the season versus last six quarters of the season, you see a significant jump around halftime of last week's game, not last week's two weeks ago game. Pardon me, what was that game? Who did they lose to two weeks ago? When he threw this the Bears played, I'll pull it right now. I can't oh the Colts the when Caleb threw the three touchdowns, but also add the three turnovers and three hundred and fifty yards maybe through two touchdowns. Whatever it was. Halftime of that game, he started to look more like a pro. And then last week against the Rams he looked good. But he does need to play well and man if so. Here is the thing about how quickly narratives can shift. So I believe the Bears are going to win at home against the Panthers, and you have to believe that they're going even though it's in London, that they're going to be able to beat the Jaguars in London. In a week who look just totally They look like the worst team in football. That would put them Demond's at four and two. The Washington Commanders this week have the Browns. Then they're at the Ravens. They're three and one. I think them being four and two after the next couple weeks is pretty realistic, right. You beat the Browns, lose to the Ravens. That next game then is with both teams potentially sitting at four and two in Washington against Caleb Williams and the Chicago Bears and both guys fourign I think both guys will be four and two. Caleb will be on a little three game winning streak, Jayden coming off a loss to the Ravens, and we can see how narratives start to shift and change. Now, maybe listen, maybe Jayden just Jayden right now, I think is the league MVP. So I'm not under selling what he's doing. I know people are talking Darnold right now. Demon's if there was a ballot, I think Jayden should be number one. The defense is dreadful. He's playing perfect football week after week, So I'm not taking anything away from him. I'm just saying, in three weeks time, the whole thing could be turned on a tat they're both four and two going into that game. That game's gonna be huge, buried at one o'clock. It's a one o'clock CBS game. That thing needs to get flexed, man, like that is I mean Jayden Caleb? Now, now, now, if the Bears looked, you know, maybe the Bears lose to the Panthers and the Jags and then it's not a big game. But I don't think that's gonna happen. And so I think Caleb's showing a little steady progression is all we could ask for. Jaden is you know Jaden again, He's the MVP of the league for the first four weeks of the year. It's truly unbelievable. All right, let's take quick break. Come back to our Week five gambling show. Demons had a winning week. I did not, and I got something you guys can win as well. If you don't follow me on Twitter, I'll tell you about it next.
Speaker 3: We'll try.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in What's right with Nick? Right? Just quick note, I put this on Twitter yesterday. I had told you guys that I am in November going to Vegas to play Gronk and the Poker Stars Big Game on Tour that we talked about that a few weeks ago. As part of that, Poker Stars gave me a gold pass, which is it's worth like I want to. I don't have like the full legal eese here, but it's you, it's and it's worth like a round ten grand and it's you get an entry into the North American Poker Tour main event in Las Vegas, Flight Hotel, spending money, all this stuff, and they told me I can give it away however I want, just as long as whoever I give it to is at least twenty one, lives in the US and is a poker player. So I put on social media that submit to me your best bad beat stories in poker. I'm gonna have someone pick their ten to fifteen favorite ones submitted. Then I'm gonna draw names out of the hat and so live on IG in a week. That's the fairest way to do it. I think I don't really know the best way to do it. I've never done one of these giveaways, but that's what I'm doing. So if you want the full details on that, all of it, I put it on Twitter and Instagram, so you guys can check it out there, all right. Demandi with the producers did to me today because it was really a it was it was unintentionally cruel. So when I opened up the rundown, it said Nick's Picks Recap Week four, three and two, season record ten nine and one, and I'm like, really, I thought I went too and three last week, and I'm looking and I'm looking, and Atlanta did win the game. I picked them to win, but they won by two and I was laying two and a half. So I had to in the rundown. We can put the record up there. In the rundown, I had to do something very sad, which is change that Atlanta pick from highlighted green to highlighted red. And it was just devastating. I'm going to tell you right now, as odd as this sounds, having gone two and three, I felt really locked in on these picks. Last week, Dallas, the best kicker in the world who hasn't missed a kick in his life, misses a kick and so they win by five instead of eight. That's a loss. Cincinnati minus four at Carolina, they win by ten. Tampa Bay plus two against Philly they blow them out. Atlanta minus two and a half against New Orleans, that's probably the shakiest one and it did lose. And the Rams plus three at Chicago. That felt throughout the game. I said on this showing on TV that a one or two point Chicago win is what we're looking for. And there was a lot of time in that game where it looked like it was going to be exactly that, where the Bears were up six. So it's like, okay, Rams scored the go ahead touchdown, Bears kick a field goal and with the Ram but Chicago ends up, you know, beating them by six. So I don't feel bad about that two and three. Sometimes you feel bad about a three and two, like, oh we got lucky. That's not how I feel at all. I feel dialed into this season. Now it's once again we're just going two and three or three and two every week. We've had no awful weeks, no great weeks. But the great week is coming. The great week is coming. This week feels like it's going to be it. We're starting in London, Demons go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So first off, you've got Minnesota minus two and a half versus the Jets in London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this one is. And I'm not as big of a believer in Minnesota as others, but they have the better team, a massive coaching mismatch Kevin O'Connell, Robert Salah that well, it's a flight for everybody. Is that not much longer from Minnesota, you know, to London. So but here's the thing. Any added wrinkle, extra rest, neutral site, weird day of the week works against the Jets favor because they're not a l coach team. Anything that falls into the good coaching bucket is going to work against them. And Rogers popping up on the injury report and now dealing with that Brian Flores defense to me, and that those blitzes is going to be really tough. And I don't know how good the Jets defense is because here's you can be like, oh, look at the Jets defensive numbers, Demons, it is kind of unfair. But I'm off the top of your head, who's the worst quarterback in the league?
Speaker 3: Give me a name worst quarterback in the league right now?
Speaker 2: Jeez, I hold on, just named someone who is name Jacob Jacoby Brissett. There's one the Jets played him. Who's another who's the funniest quarterback in the league.
Speaker 3: Daniel Jones is here?
Speaker 2: Oh oh no, I wasn't gonna say Daniel Jones. I'm gonna do it. You could make an argument the three worst quarterbacks in the league are Will Levis, who is the one I thought you were gonna say, Jacoby Brissett, and rookie Bo Nicks. Those are the last three quarterbacks the Jets have fixed. So everyone's like, oh, the Jets defense, Oh my goodness, gracious, we'll see Levis, Brissette, Nicks. Now you play Minnesota and Justin Jefferson. I like Minnesota. I'm laying less than a field goal. Favorites, by the way, in London are thirty and fifteen against the spread.
Speaker 4: Next, love that pick. Next, you've got Miami plus one at New England.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, I understand that Miami without Tua's looked awful. However, the Dolphins are in this spot where Tua theory radically wants to come back in week seven. We'll see if he does, but he wants to. If they win this game, they steady themselves going into their bye because they have a bye next week. Tyreek just recommitted to the team. I know they'll have just lost Jalen Phillips, and I'm not acting like I think Miami's good. I am of the belief, however, that the Patriots should not be a favorite in any game they play all year. And so I'm getting a point with Miami. It's probably Jacoby's last start. The Dolphins don't feel like their season is over, but they will if they lose this game. And so and listen that the Dolphins numbers demons are brutal. You realize, even though the Dolphins have a win, they haven't led in a single game all year because that Jacks win kicked a field goal at the gun when they were trailing or when they were tied, but Miami opened well. Of course, it's two terrible quarterbacks and two bad teams, but New England should not be a favorite. Miami's got the motivational edge, the best the you have Tygreek and Waddle. It's just Miami's going to win this game. I don't know how many games New England's gonna win the rest of the year. I like Miami plus the point.
Speaker 4: Next Arizona plus seven and a half at San Francisco.
Speaker 2: So just feels like a lot of backdoor cover Kyler potential. Also even last week then as as well as Purty played, and even though the Niners were playing a Patriots team that is just god awful. There were moments in that game after the Niners jumped up to twenty to nothing where it looked like New England might backdoor cover. They had it twenty to ten, twenty seven to thirteen. I don't think the Niners defense is as good as we're used to it being. Fred Warner got banged up and hasn't practiced yet. This week. He has been alongside Chris Jones, the best defensive players in the league. Underdogs demonse this year of six or more are fourteen to two to one against the spread. Now, that actually kind of works against my next pick, But I just I think that this is a thirty one to twenty seven, thirty five to twenty eight, high scoring affair that Arizona can be that San Francisco can have control over, but Arizona can stay within reaching distance and has that backdoor cover potential wide open the entire game. So getting the seven and a half I love. Also, everyone's gonna tease the Niners this week. That's been a death knell for a lot of teams. But I don't think Arizona's gonna win out right. I like, I'm sorry, So yeah, I don't think Arizona's gonna win out right, But I do like the divisional matchup. Getting seven and a half San Francisco is still not fully hold too many points. I'll take Arizona plus seven and a half.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 4: I actually got Seattle minus six and a half versus the Giants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so listen, this goes Like I said, big favorites have not been covering at all. However, you know who's probably not playing for the Giants, Demanse Melik Neighbors. Yeah, their entire offense has existed around Melik Neighbors. Seattle, on the other hand, is coming off a tough loss and they need the game. Also, the Giants traveling all the way out west to Seattle their furthest road trip of the year, and I just think this is a game that Seattle is going to score at least twenty seven. I don't think the Giants without Neighbors can get to twenty. I love how Gino's played this year. I love their wide receiver weapons. Now the Giants d line can absolutely present problems for that Seattle interior of their offensive line. But I don't see how the Giants move the ball without neighbors. All swallow the six and a half and take Seattle and also seattle to me if I were to do a teaser Seattle to me is a fun teaser leg this week? All right, last one?
Speaker 4: Uh, you've got Kansas City minus five and a half versus New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the Chiefs don't cover big spreads. I understand that, and the Chiefs have been playing very close games. But New Orleans offensive line is banged up to a degree that I think Chris Jones by himself can absolutely wreck Derek Carr in the confidence in this game. The Chiefs run defense against running backs, not against Lamar, but against running backs has been exceptional all year, So that neutralizes Alvin Kamara a bit. And I gotta think, man, that we are going to see as dialed in of Patrick Mahomes as we've seen since the playoffs. He won't say this publicly, but Mahomes feels sick about what happened with Rashid, and I think it's less honestly about the fact that it was Mahomes that dove into his knee and more that because that's a freak fluke thing. More, he threw the pick that set the whole chain of events in motion, you know what I mean. That put us in this spot. So I think you're going to see an absolutely locked in Mahomes. I liked how Kareem Hunt looked last week for Kansas City. I also think the extra day will be good for Travis Kelcey. I think the Chiefs defense continues to be the most underrated unit in the NFL, as it was last year. And while the Chiefs are playing close games in two of their three game, two of their four games they would have covered this spread, and one they would have missed it by half point, they've won by seven, one, five, and seven. I only picked the Chiefs once this year. That was against Baltimore in Week one. I don't think New Orleans is that good. I also think Kansas Kansas City, you're going to have a locked in Patrick Mahomes. And I think the Andy Reid Dennis Allen coaching mismatch is massive. The Chiefs laying the five and a half is my final pick of the week, So my five picks this week, We're going with three favorites, two dogs. Miami minus two and a half on a neutral site in London against the Jets. I'm sorry, Minnesota minus two and a half on a neutral site against the Jets, Miami plus one in New England, Arizona plus seven and a half in San Francisco, Seattle minus six and a half against the Giants, and Kansas City laying the five and a half against New Orleans. There it is Demons. Recap your teaser last week, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all green. I love to see it.
Speaker 4: Last week was a two team seven pointer tease Tampa Bay up to nine. That hit was all the entire game against Philly, obviously in Kansas City to basically pick him versus the Chargers. And it was looking a little sketchy in the beginning with the Kansas City game, but.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wasn't worried. Jim Nance got the stat wrong, but he got the spirit of it right. In one of the craziest facts in NFL history, what do you think Mahomes is? Mahomes has played eight games in his career where the game started and the Chiefs were down ten to nothing, So eight times in his career, he has started a game down ten to nothing. What do you think his record is?
Speaker 3: Well, go ahead, No, just gotta eight seven.
Speaker 2: Eight nos? Correct eight.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: He is also now eighteen and fourteen in games they trail by ten at any moment, which is the best in NFL history by a mile. But that's insane. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're saying they started like he hit the field and they were down ten. Oh, or like you're just saying he was he.
Speaker 2: Was in the game, started ten at some point, yes, okay, I'm saying no, not down ten at some point. The exact score was ten to nothing. Okay, okay, So in games they in games they have been down ten at any point, he is eighteen and fourteen a winning run, right, Okay. The next best in that situation is Tom Brady, who won thirty eight percent of those games. Mahomes wins fifty five percent of them, but down ten to zero with Patrick Mahomes, the Kansady Chiefs are eight.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: All right, let's so let's talk your teaser this week. What are you looking at?
Speaker 4: So this week is a two team seven and a half point teaser at minus one sixty three. I'm teasing Cincinnati up to plus ten from two and a half against Baltimore, and I'm teasing Indiana up to plus ten from two and a half against Jacksonville. Yeah, I think that. I mean, if they're playing Joe Flacco was gonna be playing. I don't think Anthony Richardson is gonna be playing. And I love that against Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: I could regret fading Baltimore here, but I didn't want to go Baltimore on. That's not obviously you have to tease through the zero. Cincinnati, I gotta think can come within ten points of a division game.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's that's this week's.
Speaker 2: Listen. I don't love seven and a half point teasers in general because of the juice you.
Speaker 3: Have to lay. Are you talking about you're gonna say something about Arizona?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not, I'm not. I'm no, no, No, I'm gonna say. This is as good of a seven and a half point teaser as you can have, because I so I give that, I give I give this an a. Uh Cincinnati. Their offense has been unbelievable and they're going to fight the whole game even if they are getting dominated. Baltimore has a propensity to let teams back in it. So even if you know Baltimore is up seventeen points, you're not dead. And Cincinnati could win the game. And the Jacksonville I don't think it's possible for Jacksonville to blow a team out. I really don't know. And so I it's amazing, and so I just and I don't think Joe Flacco was one hundred percent playing by the way I think he might play. I don't think that's one hundred percent locked yet. Then Anthony Richardson is out this week. But regardless, Jacksonville, if they get up big, they'll let you back in it. And they've just been playing one score games except for the Bills game all year where they got blown out. So I give this an A. I think this is a I think this is a great teaser. So great job. All right, what's the offer this week? Uh?
Speaker 4: This week, we are celebrating your birthday by betting on your favorites. Okay, so we got Mahomes, Baker and Caleb.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a cute. Yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But Mahomes, Baker and Caleb to all throw two plus touchdowns and Jacksonville to get its first win.
Speaker 3: It's air TBD.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right is saying the odds are plus fifteen twenty five. So here's the deal, guys, take jackson Jacksonville the deal. Yes, exactly right. Yeah, that's exactly what I was gonna say. Jacksonville. They haven't played in London yet. I said, I'm not betting on them till they play in London, and I might never bet on him this year. Pat Caleb and Baker two plus touchdowns. I love it. Say whatever plus eighty six, lock it in taking that birthday off or that's no problem?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Great one producers take quick break, answer some listener questions, then I'll get out of here.
Speaker 3: What's right?
Speaker 2: All right? Welcome back in What's right with Nick?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: All right, demons, Let's get to some listener questions or comments before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: Lots of people wish you a happy birthday today.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, guys, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Ep you will feel different at forty Nick. Midlife is not caring about what other see.
Speaker 2: So I that's one that I have that I achieved early. So I'm the I'm I'm actually quite good at that. I think it's been I think it's kind of a key to doing what I do is not is not as seeking out what others are saying about you or thinking about you. Oddly, that the that that doesn't apply to people thinking I'm short. I don't know why that really bothers me. I feel like a like a m and I feel I know how dumb it is that it bothers me, And I also know how how insecure I look when I'm when I remind people I'm six, one like what are you talking about? But I, for some reason, that is the one thing that like pierces my ability to not care what other people think about me, and it like it just for some I don't know why that is the one thing. People think my hair is faked, but I don't care. Yeah, oh yeah, maybe that's what I need to do. But yeah, the I think I I think I do a pretty good job of not worrying about that at all and not And again, as I've said before, if you if you dislike me, or think I'm an idiot, or think I have the worst takes or whatever it is, you literally have to find me in person to tell me, or I'll never know because I don't read any of the shit and so like it's just it's a tough like and so maybe it is that I do care, but I just don't see it, like it's just it's not it's not a thing for me, all right.
Speaker 4: Next uh Eric Eric TD guitar says, Happy birthday, Nick. Question outside of sports journalism and poker, any big goals for the next forty years.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about the next forty years. I have a financial goal for my forties that I'm not going to share, but there is a set dollar amount that I want to make in this next decade. I have a personal goal for the next year that I've said, I'm gonna do a triathlon. Now, last night I discovered the existence of do athlons, which because triathlon is swim bike run, duathlon is run bike run. I'm adding that to the possible mix because I feel like so much of the training time that I would need for this triathlon would be related to the swimming, which is also the part of it I'm least interested in, you know what I mean, Like, I want to get back into running and I love biking and the swimming. Yeah, I think I think maybe two. Like I didn't know that was a thing, but somebody sent it to me. I'm like, oh, a dou athlon. It doesn't feel like a cop out, but it just feels like there's so much of the training for it was gonna be like I gotta find like a lake that I can swim in and hire a swimming coach and I and well, because it's open water or river, I don't know, and I'm just not into the swimming, Like I don't. I love the water, but I'm just not really into the swimming portion of it. So there's that, and then a bunch of like family stuff, but that's that's mostly it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Next uh, Danny Tanner, Jade and Daniels isn't the prince that was promised.
Speaker 3: He's the Lord Commander.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. I like that a lot. That's a good one because he's on the Commanders I get Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. That one's pretty good. I gotta tell you, Danny Tanner, you should probably throw that on a T shirt and try to sell it. Like I won't take that. I won't say that on TV because I don't want anyone to steal it from you, but you should try to get you know, mock that up and sell that on the internet. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Next if that patented, Will Johnson says, is the NFL market slowly correcting and high level running backs will be a sought after commodity.
Speaker 2: Again, well, yeah, listen, these markets will always correct, and so yeah, don't I don't think the running backs are ever gonna make you know, I don't think running back will ever be the highest paid non quarterback position. But I do think. I was talking about this with Dan Patrick today. Something weird happened in the NFL marketplace where from a salary cap perspective, a number three receiver was valued more than Derrick Henry, Like Alan Lazard makes more money than Derreck Henry does, Christian Kirk makes more money than Saquon Barkley does, and nobody bats an eye at it, so that it has to correct somewhat. There the other thing that's going to happen, But this is more long term, and I've talked about it for a long time. The best high school athletes played running back, and that led to a glut of excellent running backs where it's like, man, this kid had fourteen hundred yards in college and he went undrafted. There were just too many, you know, not necessarily awesome, but capable running backs. Now a lot of those guys are playing receiver, and you're seeing receiver after receiver. Every draft class has these amazing receivers. Alabama's got that kid who's seventeen years old cooking up Georgia. And so what will happen is there will be so many excellent receivers this year in the draft. I think ten of the first thirty nine picks were receivers that will hurt the receiver market, not for the very very top guys, but for the mid level guys, and that money will be spent elsewhere. All right, last one demonse.
Speaker 3: Of Halves, Uh, straight up, lying, bro, is not six to one.
Speaker 2: See nobody believes me. I don't even what'd you say?
Speaker 3: Six one? Six one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, I mean, if if we were to do like, uh, if I were to go to the doctor's office and they'd and I they'd take my height right now, it's going I'm gonna be taller than six feet and under like they're either gonna write on the sheet six to one or whatever, like six foot and I don't know, maybe they do in centimeters or whatever, that's what it is. And again I'm now here. Now I'm turned for today, I'm defending myself on how tall I am because it is my single insecurity. And by the way, it was never an insecurity but my old TV partner, God love him, Chris Carter. You used to joke about how I'm five five, And I think because I it was new on TV, it just stuck in people's brain and so it's just like that's and then maybe they think I give it. And again now I feel bad because it almost feels like I'm judging short guys, which I'm not. It's a weird spot. It's a weird singular insecurity that I have. Like I don't care about my nose. I don't care about the fact that my face is crooked. I don't get Yeah, it's a weird thing. I don't get it. All right, Thank you guys for the birthday wishes. Great job. Demand's a talk to you guys on TV in a few hours. What's right, go royals? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that one more favor. Go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thous we'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demands another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,