Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm.
Speaker 3: Strong and Jetty and now he.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: Eighty five year old Motown Legends Smokey Robinson has been accused of sexual assault by four of his former housekeepers. Robinson plans to beat the charges by being dead soon.
Speaker 3: That was funny.
Speaker 2: He has a point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding those of you who like flavored coffee. So I'm out of my good my coffee. That's like coffee, flavored coffee, which is what I think coffee should taste like. And the worst part is you lose the smell. I'm making my coffee and it didn't smell coffee, which is one of the greatest smells in the history of the world. It smelled like chocolate or hazelin or something.
Speaker 2: What the hell? What is wrong with you people?
Speaker 1: Gum staunchly anti flavored coffee? I say, no, I don't. You're wrong, deeply wrong. If you like flavored coffee characters flawed. I do want it to another thing you may or may not be wrong about. We're getting a face from Katie. Why are you flavored copp Well, you're a girl.
Speaker 5: No, I like my coffee black. But says the guy who just put creamer in his what flavor was the creamer you put in your coffee?
Speaker 2: Like a week ago?
Speaker 3: Cream flavored cream face like cream like from a cow?
Speaker 2: You sure it wasn't almond berry?
Speaker 3: No, I don't do flavors. I don't do flavors strawberry whipped cream.
Speaker 2: It's whatever came out of the cow flavored. I do want to talk.
Speaker 3: About Mother's Day a little bit.
Speaker 4: I noticed yesterday there's two very divergent views on what Mother's Day, how it should be celebrated, and I just wondered where most people.
Speaker 3: Are on that.
Speaker 4: Also, I got to mention the teriff thing, the war with China, the terrif or with China's over. They they ended it, so the ninety day pause and and and I feel like it's probably just gonna stay that way.
Speaker 3: And so that whole thing. I'm ready for the historians.
Speaker 1: To write what we got out of it. Yeah, the crazy part is over. There's still some john to be done, in numbers to be set, and and you know, honestly, I'm not quite as rosy as you are. I'm drinking the black coffee of reality. Here we still are an enormous trading partner with a malevolent communist power that seeks our destruction.
Speaker 2: So what about that part? Anyway?
Speaker 1: We will see going forward. I don't know if you're familiar with this. Trump has the White House, the Republicans have a White House, and in both houses of Congress at barely. But there's a midterm coming up. So what are the demo crats up to? A couple of interesting perspectives. Quoting a bit from the fabulous ally Bowls of the Free Press, she's highly amused that tariffs are now what she says is MAGA coded. They're code dead, they're associated with maga. So socialists are finally realizing that these are a bad idea to begin with. So suddenly everybody on the left is turning pro free trade and anti tariff. Complete flip Bernie Sanders saying it's a bit arrogant to say, well, maybe kids have too many toys and the price may go up a bit.
Speaker 2: I think billionaires like.
Speaker 1: Trump and Musk do not have a clue what it means for working class families. So all of a sudden, Bernie, who's been like pro labor and anti tariff his whole life for.
Speaker 2: Like free trade. Now it's funny, here's proff his whole life. Correct. Yeah, oh yeah, he said anti So I just did he is now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: So Bernie led a movement that fought hard against free trade for decades. Like his own Senate page, he literally says he has quote helped lead the effort against disastrous, unfettered free trade deals with China, Mexico, and other low wage countries. All we needed was one Trumpo, and every socialist in America's waxing poetic about cheap China made toys on Amazon and how they're the American dream.
Speaker 3: I love that man. About eight thousand pencils today on Amazon.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited about the good times, being back the gravy years, where you can have as many pencils and.
Speaker 3: Dolls as you wanted.
Speaker 2: So many dolls. I've assembled a doll Congress.
Speaker 1: I have four hundred and thirty five dollars that I call the House of Representatives, and then one hundred dollars I call the Senate, hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
Speaker 2: Then I have one giant doll.
Speaker 3: I call trump a pencil in their hand.
Speaker 2: That's right, please.
Speaker 1: So it's well known that the Democrats are out of power and out of sorts. Nobody knows what they believe in. They ran a mummy and then they realized that was a bad idea, so ran a dummy and he got trounced by Donald Jay and nobody knows what they stand for. Well, it's starting to take shape a little bit. Nelly Bowles Wrights my beloved technocrats. New York Times columnists and podcast hosts Ezra Kleine and data whiz David Shore have been tapped by Senate Democrats to be their special guests.
Speaker 2: That their annual retreat.
Speaker 1: Only a few years ago, David Shore was fired for posting data suggesting that the riots following MLK Junior's assassination likely tipped the nineteen sixty eight presidential election in Nixon's favor, and that was interpreted as a vai as a thinly veiled critique of the Black Lives Matter protests, So he was fired for that. So the fact that seven demo Senate Democrats are picking Klein in Shore, who left really tried to destroy because they were normal, indicates a massive, massive messaging shift is coming our way, sure enough.
Speaker 2: And then here's Gaviy Newsom.
Speaker 1: Last week we lost the popular vote, we lost the electoral vote. We got crushed, and we need to be humble about that, and we need to have some grace and we need to understand why was it because of immigration? Was it because we were too quote unquote woke?
Speaker 2: And then Pete.
Speaker 1: Boot Edge Edge sporting beard by the way, Yeah, oh yeah, Pete's got a beard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's rocking a beard. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's hitting up the manly podcasts too. He's appearing anywhere on the like Moderate to write manly men podcasts, the drink coffee. If you know what I'm saying, I do know precisely what you were saying.
Speaker 2: You're saying he's gay anyway, boot Edge Edge.
Speaker 1: So anyway, he said, it is so hard to build and do things in this country. And I lived this when I was at the Department of Transportation. Too much regulation standing in charge in the way of progress. And Nelly writes, that's the closest thing we've gotten to Ama Kulpa for Pete having seven and a half billion dollars installing a total of seven charging stations in two years. I'm ready to forgive you, Pete. I.
Speaker 4: I was listening to the Dispatch podcast last week and A had an interesting conversation and Sarah, I isger on there, said she's on ABC this week every week. But she said, and I think she's absolutely right. She said, in what sense are there political parties anymore?
Speaker 3: There aren't.
Speaker 4: I mean they wait for a personality to emerge and then they go with whatever that personality.
Speaker 3: Believes they don't have.
Speaker 4: So the Republican Party does what Trump is into now, but as soon as.
Speaker 3: He disappears from the scene, it will be as at see as.
Speaker 1: The Democrats are right now, who are waiting for somebody to emerge, and then they'll adopt whatever policies that person is. If it's Bernie, they'll be a Bernie person. If it's, you know, somebody more moderate, they'll adopt that person. But the parties aren't driving it. The personality that emerges is driving it. So there aren't really parties now. I've been resisting the temptation to get into the Medicare reform negotiations, which are making me insane. These so called moderate Republicans are just trying to somewhat cap the explosive growth in waste, fraud, abuse, and perversion of this medical medical you.
Speaker 2: Know, care for the you know, the poor and the old and the it's just expl it's exploded Medicaid too.
Speaker 1: But well with medicaid, you know, you got the federal government paying ninety percent of the bill for healthy, working aged males who are just too lazy to work. You've got them paying about a third for poverty stricken pregnant ladies. It's become so perverse and upside down. But the so called the moderate Republicans are saying, hey, we shouldn't crack down on this because it's it's real easy for them to portray us as mean, and so let's just keep letting it explode out of control. Now you got fiscal hawks saying, for God's sake, we got to do something about this. But the being shouted down in the Republican Party, I said to Jack, was it? I think it was verbally before the show, I said, the Republican Party doesn't stand for anything anymore. I have no idea what it is, neither party. It's funny you should bring that to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a personality's driven on both sides. Part of it is the way financing works now and all that, and in the air of Trump, you can have everybody bellowing from the same hymnal on the right.
Speaker 1: Then Trump changes his mind two weeks later, and then everybody's bellowing the opposite. Sure it's enough to make you a cuckoo nuts anyway, I love this.
Speaker 2: Back to kicking the Democrats who deserve it.
Speaker 1: Nelly Bowles in the Free Press brings up the project. Hey, La, you know what you're slack and listen to what Philly's doing. You think you can squander enormous amounts of money on practically nothing. Philadelphia has a project to build fifty seven units of affordable housing. So far, it's taken over six years and many many meetings and they still haven't even broken ground six years, tremendous amounts of money and haven't even stuck a shovel in the dirt on only fifty seven units. Anyway, Yes, yes, that's correct. And they're six years into the project, whatever that means. I guess I'm six years into my becoming an astronaut project too.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is the punchline, folks.
Speaker 1: I went to the actual website to verify these numbers. They are, actually they are literally in print. The City of Pasadena, is it Pasadena? Yes, Pasadena, California is putting their electrical cables underground. There are a number of cities in California and around the country that do this. It helps maintain the reliability of electrical power during storms and that sort of thing. It also prevents you know, crappy polls from falling down or poorly secured wires from falling and igniting the underbrush and forests and causing horrific wildfires that kill many people and then ruin ruin many lives. Right, So, there are a lot of good reasons to put these electrical cables underground. The City of Pasadena's website estimates that it will take four hundred years to put their electrical cables underground. This is real quote. According to that construction timeline, Category two streets it's going to take Category one streets is the most important priority streets. According to the website, it will take one hundred years to put the power underground for the priority streets. One hundred years. Now, let me read from the website. Category two streets would be completed completed in approximately four hundred years. That's right, folks, it will take longer than America has existed to put electrical cables under the sidewalk. Progressives have decided that since getting things done is right wing coded, now we must remain completely still. We must put down our hammers and let the buildings around us slowly decay. We must embrace decay and death is the truest expression of what it means to be American, what it means to be human. Pasadena measures civic improvement projects in centuries like redwoods, like shark teeth, like.
Speaker 2: The wind, that's funist to god.
Speaker 1: The city website says, we're estimating it will take approximately four hundred years to complete the Phase two straits.
Speaker 4: And that's why there's an opening for that whole abundance Democrat movement that's catching on that we talked about on Friday.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, it's you know what, it's very blue doggie, or so it seems.
Speaker 2: In its early days.
Speaker 4: What is Mother's Day supposed to be? Came across two diverging opinions. I wanted to bring up and a bunch of other stuff on the waist here farm strong.
Speaker 6: Before ducklings rescued from a sewer drain in northern California, firefighters jumping into action after the mother duck quacked for somebody to help. Mama ended up rene with her babies just in time for Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Jan, thank goodness those baby ducks weren't swept way into the sewers to drown or be eaten by rats. In sports news, the a's were I like that, that's their.
Speaker 3: Happy Mother's Day story.
Speaker 1: Ducks rescued from a sewer from pure ducks. Well, I'm glad, well done, San Mateo Fire Department.
Speaker 4: I don't wish that the sewer ducks had perished on Mother's Day or any other day.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm glad that this.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm pro duck.
Speaker 4: So I am trying not to have any judgment on this and realizing that I may have been misled by my own experience and circle of friends my whole life into having a certain view of what Mother's Day or Father's Day is. I'm from the Midwest, that maybe that has something to do with it as opposed to like California, La style Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's an air a thing. I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: My experience with Mother's Day and Father's Day as a child and then as an adult has always been the kids and the parents spending time together on that day. But I became aware yesterday that I was. I was confronted with no, no, no, no, no, that's that's not mom's Mom's that's a day for moms to get away from their kids. Manny's, petties, champagne, brunch with the girls.
Speaker 2: That's what Mother's Day is.
Speaker 4: And I realized, maybe I've been off base all these years. I feel like all the people I know, it's way more hanging out the kids ish.
Speaker 1: But that's a long running joke in society is that Father's Day is for dads to spend time with the kids and Mother's Day is time for the mom to get away from the kids. Hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean it doesn't need to be that way. You you do you? But yeah, right, yes, Katie.
Speaker 5: The trend I've seen this year with my mom friends was they get away for the day and then they have the evening the dinner together.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Again, my own small circle of experience has not been that at all, But that doesn't mean that that's the prevailing view.
Speaker 1: Was No, Judy was the primary caregiver, stay at home mom for a lot of years. So yeah, Mother's Day was a day to indulge mother.
Speaker 3: Okay, and.
Speaker 1: Uh, I know one mom was I heard from yesterday spent like was exhausted from a weekend of doing things with the kids because the kids wanted.
Speaker 4: To do Mother's Day things all weekend. Made me feel good and so you know.
Speaker 2: Not nearly so sweet.
Speaker 1: Opening statements from the Diddy trial shaping up to be as horrifying as you might guess, stay with us.
Speaker 4: Back to you, Jack, Do we know any more about the witness that has disappeared? That was the story this morning that shocked me from News Nation.
Speaker 1: One of the key witness has just gone a wall, and uh, with even some concern that they might have to delay the trial because the kind of hinged on this person's testimony. Some of the rap moguls have influence connections very reminiscent of crime bosses of old.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and do they offer you, hey, how about five million dollars and you don't show up?
Speaker 2: Or how about you show up.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna you know, your children are going to disappear either one of those combination of that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Watch you're back for the rest of your life because I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be something They have entire medi areas that can deliver that sort of message. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that did He trial really kicking off today, So we've got an update on that coming up in a little bit.
Speaker 3: Good. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Also, Trump said a few things today before he jumped on a plane to go to the Middle East. There's so many huge stories going on right now. Are Zelenskin Putin going to meet face to face on Thursday? Zelensky says he'll be there waiting for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm skeptical, as I said earlier, but we shall see. Plus, the US China trade deals take in shape, all those giant tariffs are off. The stock market has exploded. I haven't checked recently, but.
Speaker 4: A pencil in every dollhouse going forward. Great gravy times are here again. Isn't it exciting?
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getdy The.
Speaker 7: First week of jury selection and the Sean Combs trial has ended without a jury being selected. Well yeah, I mean, where are you going to find twelve people who haven't had sex with Didty?
Speaker 4: So today's a big day in the Ditty trial. We're about to hear some details, and I'm wondering if this isn't going to be the first big celebrity trial we've had in a long time where we have practically daily updates on.
Speaker 3: It here on the show.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: Probably you start getting big time celebrities names thrown in there or some wild details.
Speaker 1: Like we've got today, what do we have, Katie. Opening statements have begun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they right now. The defense is starting to talk about Diddy, but the prosecutor just finished up. She talked a lot about Cassie Ventura and Jane, who was a girlfriend that did he had back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: How they were going to.
Speaker 5: Describe for you in painstaking detail, how they were forced to perform at freakofs. Another part says that Combs had found out that Cassie Ventura was seeing another man. In a rage, comb took his gun, his bodyguard, and kidnapped an employee to go to the unnamed man's house. Combs said that he was going to kill the man that Cassie was with. In another detail, they were going through allegations of regular physical abuse, saying that Combs sometimes beat Cassie Ventura when she took too long in the bathroom, and when she tried to run away, he always found her, often with the help of his inner circle.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty brutal. I'm reading some of the descriptions of what they're talking about. Yeah, this is not going to be like sexy and funny and exciting. I think it's going to be mostly sickening.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the defense just came out saying Seawan Combs is a complicated man, but this is not a complicated case.
Speaker 2: She's talking to the jury about.
Speaker 5: This case is about love, jealousy, infidelity, and money and voluntary choices made by capable adults. And the defense plans to present text messages from Shawn Comb's employees. For the most part, the evidence will show you it's talking to the jury that they loved him.
Speaker 4: And I loved the lifestyle that came with being around him, right, and then if things got ugly enough, he would put you in a position where he couldn't leave because you were scared for your life. Probably, what obviously is going to emerge over time is how in the world in the year twenty all the years this has been going on, how in the hell in the modern arrow with the number of people that would have had to have been aware of this lifestyle. Can you continue to pull this off in the United States of America. That's what's going to emerge. I think can be quite amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the prosecutors previewing some of the evidence the jury should expect test messages, text messages about prostitutes, videos of Comb's assaulting Cassandra Ventura, videos of some of the freak offs, which the government says show that Combs was directing the encounters. Of course, you know that's not a crime, but you will see for yourself the defendant's violence and aftermath. They described accounts to two women, including former girlfriend, who say Combs course them into drug fuel to orchestrated sex marathons with male prostitutes. Government says a third woman and a form employee will testify about times that Combs forced himself on her sexually. A case resolve around Combe's conduct, but also that of members of his inner circle who are accused of working to cover up their boss's crimes.
Speaker 4: So this is a good entry from the Washington Post today from reporters who were in there and tapping away on their phones. Sean Combs has been still an expressionalist, looking intently at the prosecutor and the jury box as a woman detailed the government's case against him, including an alleged incident when Combs paid for hotel security footage of him abusing Cassi Ventura. That's the video we've all seen of him dragging her by the hair down the hallway.
Speaker 3: Johnson said Combs arranged.
Speaker 4: For his workers to pay for what they thought was the only copy of the footage with a brown paper bag filled with one hundred thousand dollars in cash. High ranking employees who allegedly helped Combs cover up his crimes included his chief of staff as well as others. So they so, you know, at a hotel, of course, there probably would be only one copy of something like that, And they tried to show up with a paper bag full of one hundred grand and say, hey, give it to us, this is yours, No harm done, no foul, keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 2: Well that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, money was exchanged and the silence was maintained until somebody had made an.
Speaker 2: Extra copy, because people tend to do that, decided to leak it a year later.
Speaker 4: Right in the modern world, it'd be pretty easy to make an extra copy, whereas God, it wouldn't be that many years ago.
Speaker 3: You'd had to been like a you know, an audio visual major in college or something to be able to do that. But wow, that's how these people get away with that.
Speaker 1: They've just got so much money to throw at these situations, because without that video, this trial doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Speaking of throwing money at situations, his lawyer team makes OJ's dream team look like a double A ball club.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not going to know all these names, but they're like the biggest names in especially New York defense attorneys, including folks who defended pharma bro Martin Screlley, remember him, Keith Ranier, the leader of the Nexium sex cult, Dominique strauss Khan, the former managing director of the IMF. Remember in twenty eleven he was accused of sexually assaulting an hotel maid. They've defended Louis Mangione, among others. He's just he's got quite a few super heavyweights.
Speaker 2: Well he's a billionaire, right, including the.
Speaker 1: Daughter of Mark Geragos by the way, a little ty and O Jay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he is something like that. Yeah, so that gives you.
Speaker 3: A you know, quite a bit of money to spread around on lawyers.
Speaker 1: Team also includes Alexandra Shapiro Fromin, a appellate court lawyer at the firm Shapiro or out of Bach, who was once prosecutor.
Speaker 2: In New York.
Speaker 1: She graduated from Columbia Law School and was one of the first clerks of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at the Supreme Court. She also wrote a novel entitled Presumed Guilty.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's sort of Shakespearean when you just get through the idea of you got so much money and power that you just you know, you run amook. You your most base instincts, run them up, and you feel like you can do anything. Because he was doing anything and getting away with it for a very long time. And it would seem as a fan of Shakespeare in human Nature that your appetite for that sort.
Speaker 3: Of thing grows with the eating.
Speaker 4: I mean, the more you get to do whatever you want and can pull it off, it makes you want to just explore further that part of your personality seems to happen. Well, Shakespeare was a plagiarizer. Jack this stuff straight out of the Old Testament. There are a number of tales of kings of old who grew bold and greedy and expressed contempt towards the laws of God and man and found themselves falling.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how many.
Speaker 4: Movie stars, actresses, musicians that we do respect knew this was.
Speaker 1: Going on, had an idea of it? Yeah, you could be like the ugly Particulars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you could have an idea. He's pretty freaky and not have any idea of like the hardcore violence and threats and all that sort of stuff, the rape.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I've known a handful of people in my life who have been kind of pleasure seeking types. Hard PARTI yours in the direction of uh of old Diddy, and yeah, they they want everybody to have a good time, and they don't necessarily, you know, show you the inner workings of how everybody happened to be there, what substances and and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Now, that's the part of throwing a good party.
Speaker 1: You don't tell them, Hey, I've threatened these prostitutes with a pistol whipping right, a bad form.
Speaker 3: It's that romantic or sexy.
Speaker 1: Uh. If that video had stayed hidden, I think he would he wouldn't even be in jail right now. I think that was the big deal, and I mean it's been stated as such by all kinds of legal experts in all the articles I read over the weekend, And then that's going to be huge for showing the jury what kind of person he is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Not only that, but I read with interest mentioned this a little earlier. But prosecutors say they have trouble convincing juries that somebody like Diddy allegedly can be that brutal and cruel over that long period of time, because most normal people don't have that in their life experience.
Speaker 2: Somebody who is so.
Speaker 1: Who's so disregards kindness and compassion that they can just brutalize people. Would do They have a hard time picturing that.
Speaker 3: Would you want to be a jury on a trial like this?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So to finish the thought, to show somebody brutalizing somebody else, that juror say, oh wow, he is capable of that. That's terrible in a way that you know I don't need. But I'm a cynical man, having got it. I'd love to be as of humanity for an entire career. Yes, I'd love.
Speaker 4: To be a juror what a fascinating experience that would be six to eight weeks of listening to this and then and then applying the law to it with the evidence and everything. That would be so interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, it's one of the downsides of the jury system. And we around here advocate very very strongly for you to not try to.
Speaker 2: Get out of jury duty.
Speaker 1: Try as hard as you can to do jury duty because it's a constitutional you know, responsibility of all of us, and it's just crazy interesting in all sorts of different ways. I really really recommend you you try to get on a jury. Plus, you could end any common sense whatsoever we need you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could end up on the other end of this someday where you didn't do anything. Do you want a bunch of numb nuts making the decision?
Speaker 1: On the other hand, six to eight weeks, I mean, there are plenty of us who that that would not do.
Speaker 2: I just can't do it.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't single parent, Yeah, full time.
Speaker 2: Primary care or is just somebody with the nature of their work.
Speaker 1: You can't have Jim cover your accounts while you're out for six weeks. You're a sole proprietor for a proprietor, for instance, or you do a radio show slash podcast and nobody could come.
Speaker 2: Close to your brilliance to fill in. Uh so, yeah, it's tough, but it's important.
Speaker 4: I'm not a guy who's I don't think would be shocked by any of the stuff that's going to come out of this trial.
Speaker 3: But there are probably jurors on there. I'm like trying to picture my mom or somebody.
Speaker 1: Who might be like, I mean, really kind of hard to wrap their heads around what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: There are occasional discussions of having professional jurors in this country to simplify things and not have to run through zillions of people who are trying to make excuses and get.
Speaker 2: Out of it.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. It's just a whole rigmarole. It's an intriguing notion. There's some pretty strong pros and some cons. But tell you what, if that were the deal man, when and if I ever retire from this dead end gig, I could absolutely see doing that being a professional juror. I wouldn't want to work full time all the time. But oh it's so interesting.
Speaker 4: Hey, so is there a racial element to this. You know, the whole OJ thing really turned into a black white you know, the riots afterwards and everything like that. And is there a racial element to this? Is is black community standing up for Diddy Combs or is he not? Is that not the thing here?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Katie, have you heard anything like that.
Speaker 1: I've been unaware of any dynamics like that, which doesn't prove anything.
Speaker 5: But the only person I've seen charing for Diddy is Kanye.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I agree, which is not like somebody you want on.
Speaker 1: Your side, not see sympathizer. Yes, not the best look. Hey, thanks for the offer, yea, but yee yay ye But yeah, I'll bet Ya shows up at the courthouse at some point. He is going to be out front there at some point doing it. We were in his clan robes yelling about Hitler is all blat not helpful.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're not helping. You're not helping me here with the klan that.
Speaker 2: You think you're helping.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate it, But you and your clan robe and your heile Hitler go.
Speaker 4: Trump is headed to the Middle East. You might be getting a new plane from the uh from who Qatar? It's going to provide him with a plane. That's kind of a story that the left's really into right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: It's well, he's good. They're going to lend it to him as Air Force one.
Speaker 1: Then when he's out office, he'll just keep it.
Speaker 4: Theoretically, Okay, now, okay, we got a bunch of stuffed update.
Speaker 3: You want to stay here.
Speaker 8: So for the first time in many years, we'll slash the costs of prescription drugs, and we will bring fairness to America.
Speaker 3: Drug prices will come down by much more.
Speaker 8: Really, if you think fifty nine if you if you think of a drug that is sometimes ten times more expensive, it's much more than the fifty nine percent. You know, it depends on the way you want to addle, but in one way, you could analyze.
Speaker 3: It that way.
Speaker 8: But between fifty nine and eighty and I guess even ninety percent, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what any of those numbers mean.
Speaker 4: But President Trump signed an executive order that are supposed to really slash.
Speaker 3: Prescription drug prices. He signed it today.
Speaker 4: Now, he tried to do the same thing in the first term, but the court stopped him, saying he doesn't have the ability to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he feels he has the ability to do it.
Speaker 4: Here, it's another example of something that you know, Congress could write a law about him, could be a permanent part of our lives.
Speaker 3: But we don't do things like that anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I've got to admit I'm torn on this topic. I've heard some pretty steady role in reliable people say we're removing the innovation, the R and D, the incentive to come up with groundbreaking new drugs, and Trump is saying, now, that's that's not truel.
Speaker 2: We're getting ripped off.
Speaker 4: I'm completely at sea, and I think ninety nine percent of people are on all this stuff. I mean, I don't have this lightest idea what things cost.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 3: I'm on eight different drugs for my whooping cough. Now eight.
Speaker 4: I was at the doctor for three hours on Saturday, lots of drugs. I went and picked up four Saturday afternoon. They ranged in price that I paid, that I had to hand money over to someone. They ranged in price from zero to thirty five cents to forty eight dollars and I just pay it just like everybody else does. Why is that one forty eight why is that one zero? I don't have any idea. I don't question it. What am I gonna try to figure out?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Where would you even start?
Speaker 2: And who's paying how much?
Speaker 1: To a pharmacy or a pharmacy benefits manager, an insurance company or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't know if that one that cost me thirty six cents was outrageously priced that my insurance company picked up but is now spreading that cost among I.
Speaker 2: Don't have any idea, and neither to you.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, I don't even know what it means when he says I'm gonna low or prescription drug costs.
Speaker 3: I have insurance and my drugs don't cost much, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Right, it doesn't mean they don't cost me much.
Speaker 4: They might be costing a ton of money, and it might be horrible, and we might be all getting ripped off, and we're all paying way too much for insured and my insure, my premiums are high enough, my deductible's insane.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because insurance the drugs are too high.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, and I'm never gonna sit down to figure it out either. No, in every good and thorough explanation I've ever gotten of how our health system works, including the government's involvement in it. You go through it's like the stages of accepting death. I mean, there's the eyes glazing, then there's the anger, then there's the discouragement and the sadness, and you realize not all. Not only do I know this system is crazy and confusing. I know I will never be able to understand it. It is so complex and mobbed up.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I got a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to be discouraging it just is.
Speaker 3: I got a letter the other day on some medical bill.
Speaker 4: They're gonna turn it over to collections because I owe five dollars in twenty four cents that somehow slipped through the cracks of and I tried to pay it, and that I punched in the code of the account I've got.
Speaker 3: And they claim it doesn't exist. I know I've done this before.
Speaker 2: It's five dollars and twenty four cents.
Speaker 1: Good freaking God, and I have no idea what I was from or where.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff is just nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that's what pushes people toward wanting a single pair system. But I guarantee you a single pair system is gonna feel a lot like being at the DMV. You might not be paying out of pocket per time the same way, but the hassle paperwork getting denied will be insane.
Speaker 1: So love a lot of what Trump's doing on a lot of different fronts, but the whole having a tariff against foreign movies to help out Hollywood's saying, there's rather a good argument against that. I would like to make it among other fair. Next Hour plus in California's Crumbling Update. In a related story, if you don't get Next Hour, grab it fire podcast Armstrong.
Speaker 2: You can get you on demand. You probably ought to subscribe.
Speaker 3: I just read a detail from the Diddy trial today.
Speaker 4: One of the women is going to explain, Gee ros So, I mean, there's stuff there that was shocked the conscience of anybody but a merchant marine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure we want to hear about it.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to tell you about it. We got more an hour four. If you don't get it, get to the podcast
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty