Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panha, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one ninety five, What's Right with Nick Wright? And there's obviously a big story people are tuning in to get my reaction to. So Demanzi's gonna join us in just a moment. We'll get right to it. We have a very long show, and I have a very long day I have. You know, I anticipated last night maybe going a little differently when I scheduled my Tuesday as follows the What's Right Show, then on Colin Coward's TV show, then my own TV show, then Mina Kimes podcast, then Colin Coward's podcast, that's all happening in the next twelve hours, and it was supposed to be a glorious celebration of sorts. It would appear the road to celebration has taken a slight detour. But before we get to any of that, here's what missed the cut. Taylor Swift doesn't go to the Eagles Chiefs game. Maybe that hadn't impact. I'm not sure. The f one in Vegas has gotten mixed reviews, and something that did not get mixed reviews Demansey. I watched Top Gun Maverick, and after being very unimpressed by the original Top Gun, I must say Top Gun Maverick was all it was cracked up to be. That is a damn good movie. I think you would enjoy it. Gabe was right about that. Yeah, the new one, Yeah, the you've seen the new Top Gun? Yeah? Oh yeah, no last year. It's damn good movie. That one, Okay, Yeah, I mean that was very impressive by you also missed the cut. Jordan Poole finally got his thirty points. He also doesn't understand how the clock works in the NBA, but demon's we've got to get to it. The big story. You don't even have to intro it. It's what everyone's talking about this morning, waiting for my reaction. And I can't say we didn't see this coming. But when an offense is as perpetually inept as this offense has been, things happen. And the Steelers have fired Canada, and I gotta tell you, I mean, I don't know what it means for Kenny Pickett. Maybe it helps him turn around. What do you guys? I hear laughter in the background. This is the breaking news. Do you not follow schefter? This happened. This is what people are here for. I mean, this is, you know, perennial AFC power. This is a team fighting for the playoffs and divisions that's in such offensive disarray. They are now the second AFC team in the last week to fire their offensive coordinator. First it's you know, Ken Dorsey with the Bills. Now it's Matt Canada with the Steelers. I just I you know, I would tune in to Andrew Philipponi on ninety three seven The Fan in Pittsburgh for more in depth coverage of this story. But I would imagine, you know that would I would hope what we I'm gonna be talking with cowhurt about I noticed that's not what happens to be at the top of the rundown. So demons, go ahead, what we starting with today? I'm sorry, I just I thought we were breaking news show. I thought I apologize. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there was the old litmus test last night. Things weren't so lit for you, beloved Chiefs. They did miss some drop passes, touchdown passes. Apparently Scantling didn't get the memo and thought this was a practice game. This is a Super Bowl rematch. But you went to an Eagles bar with your pops to watch the Chief.
Speaker 2: Chiefs Chiefs in Philly. So so I so, here's the deal. I'm going to I'm gonna kind of speed run my thoughts on the game and then spend a lot of time on my evening because I actually think that could be more important if you will. Here's I'm in a rough spot when it comes to the talking about the game, and I'm not I don't want to. I'm not gonna do the podcast of disservice. But I have an entire television staff, including co hosts, all plotting my demise today. We have two of our lead producers, Dusty who's our number one viewer of this podcast is a diehard Eagles fan. Cab is a big Eagles fan. Cab who never texts me, just text me an Eagle emoji shortly after the final whistle last night. Wild's and Brew just regularly just team up against me and Manginie's there today. So the problem that I have is this, if I lay out my full case as to why the Chiefs are just gonna be fine, I am giving them four extra hours to prepare to argue with me on television. Meanwhile, they Wild's and Brew will both be sitting in their offices with the doors closed, having all the producers working for them. It's like one on seventeen on First Things First today, And so I don't want to reveal my full game plan, but here is what I will say. Okay, I understand that everyone today is going to have the same opinion, Uh, catch the football. You're gonna watch sports TV all over both networks, all the shows, and everyone's gonna have this in brilliant take. When you throw a pass, catch the best. And if the Chiefs don't catch passes, it's hard to get first downs and score points. And everyone's gonna act like they reinvented the wheel on this. They're like, you know, I remember, I'm old enough to remember when the Chiefs had an awesome wide receiver. Whatever happened to him, maybe they should try to get it. Do you think they get him back? That's what everyone's gonna say. And I'm here to tell you that's not the story last night. And Dusty, if you tell brew this is my take, I'll never speak again because Bru doesn't watch this podcast. So there, he's not gonna know unless you tell him, Dusty, and none of you guys tweet to him either. The story of last night. Yes, the Chiefs would have won if they could have caught the ball. Yes, right now they have a bad receiver group that's not really deniable. I don't think it's worse than it was last year that they won the Super Bowl with. But last year maybe Mark Wisvaldas Scantling catches that pass. And while I think Rashi Rice is better than Juju, Smith Schuster Mahomes seems to trust Juju more than he trusts Rice. Seems like the guy you trust the most is Justin Watson, the kid from Penn who made one really good catch, but also had a few critical drops. But none of that is the story. And if people can take a deep breath and take a step back, the story from the Chiefs the side of things is, while yes, a win, they should have won the game. They were in position to win the game. They blew a double digit halftime lead, They had bad drops. It was ugly, all of it. But the Chiefs played a team that not only has the best record in football, not only last year had the best record in the NFC, maybe all football. Not I think it was just the type of the Chiefs best record in football, but a team who is known for having the most physical, most dominating offensive and defensive lines in the NFL. That is their calling card. And the Kansaity Chiefs last night at Arrowhead pushed them around on both sides of the ball. Now they couldn't finish it off. And the Eagles, I'm taking nothing away from them. That is a team that knows how to win football games, that finds ways to win football games. And Jalen Hurts being able to have as bad of a game as he was having and then still making that pass to Devonte Smith that was the biggest play of the game. That's that is what allows you to become a great quarterback is when even when you're having a bad game, that you can make the critical play. Credit to him and the and I get it. People are gonna say yeah, and DeVante caught it, and then Mahomes made an even better play and MBS dropped it. I understand that. But I watched a football game last night where the Kansas City Chiefs could run the ball all over an Eagles team that no one has been able to run on all year. And I watched the Chiefs team last night that could get to Jalen Hurts in a way no one has gotten to him all year, a team that was so dominant through the first three quarters defensively, the Eagles didn't even have an opportunity to do their brotherly shove play because they were never in third and short, and the one time they were in it, they for some reason did like a shotgun handoff and that got blown up. Oh no, And then later in the game they finally were able to do it in the fourth quarter. And I'm not taking anything away from Philadelphia. They earned that win. That was that is the type of win that if that when the Chiefs have won games like that, not really that style, but where they are thoroughly outplayed and then steal it at the end. That's what makes you feel like this is a special team. So I'm I'm throwing there. There's so much confused in today's media in my opinion on that the NFL is not college football. That is not about style points that it is not about margin of victory in especially when it's two good teams playing or two great teams playing. It's about finding a way to win the football game. And the Eagles over the last two years have done that as well as anyone other than the Chiefs. And they just went to Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs, So I give them full credit. But I watched that game and I said, there were giant segments of the game that it felt like the Chiefs dominated them, not that made a couple big plays, but methodically on both sides of the ball, dominated them. And then here's the I know everyone today Demons is going to talk about the drops and they league the leading drops and the first game of the year they had a fourth and twenty four to you know what I mean, keep the game alive. Mahomes throws it perfectly and it gets dropped. Last night they had a fourth and twenty five after a previous drop, he somehow throws it perfectly and gets dropped. I understand that. The reason I am not as focused on that as everyone else is is with all those drops, do you know why the Chiefs lost that game? Because they're three most important people all made critical mistakes. Patrick Mahomes through a terrible red zone interception. Terrible. It was a bad play. He wasn't under pressure, he just had a bad play. I believe Patrick Mahomes is not going to duplicate that mistake. Travis Kelcey, the greatest tight endeavor, very similarly to the regular season game last year against the Bengals, fumbled the ball when they were trying to go up two scores and took points off the board. And the last person is Andy Reid. Reid didn't make a singular mistake. But the Chiefs haven't scored in the second half last three weeks. They are right now the number two first half scoring team in the league and then the dead last second half scoring team in the league. That's halftime adjustments, right That is the other team making more adjustments at the half than you are. So that's on Andy. So the reason I feel fine and is if I cannot sit here and tell you I know with full confidence that these receivers who've been dropping passes all year are going to stop dropping passes. What I can tell you with full confidence is I don't think they have to stop dropping passes. If those three future first ballot Hall of Famers, some of the best to ever do what they do, clean up their stuff, and I guarantee that's how those guys feel. And yeah, that's holding them to an unfair standard whatever it is. That's when you are the most talented quarterback ever, the greatest tight endeavor and one of the greatest coaches ever, that's the standard. And so that's so that's where I land on that. I want to talk about my evening as well, but I know demand's your beloved Ravens are now the one seed. I think you have a follow up question about them in regards to that.
Speaker 3: They are the one seed. Do you think that with that loss of the Eagles the Arrowhead Invitationals in jeopardy?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, And the reason for that's very simple. The Ravens and the Chiefs don't play this year, so in order, so the tiebreaker if they have the same record, is gonna come down to conference record. The Ravens have three conference losses the Chiefs have won, so if they finished with the same record, it's almost impossible for the Ravens to have a higher seat to be above the Chiefs. And then if you just look at what Kansas City has the rest of the way, it's the Raiders, Packers, Bills. That could be a tough game depending on where we are on the roller coaster, Patriots Raiders Bengals, which was supposed to be a tough game but now features Jake Browning and then the Chargers, who at that point are who even knows who's playing for them because they are at four mate. Now, maybe that's a tough game against the Chargers because they're you know, yeah, but more likely their coach has been fired. And you know what I mean, it's you know, we're in one two, three can coon season, so I it is even if you think the Chiefs have two more losses in them, which I do not. The question is, are the Ravens with their schedule of at the Chargers home for the Rams, at the Jags at the Niners home for the Dolphins, home for the Steelers. If the Chiefs lose twice more, the Ravens have to go five and one down the stretch if they go, and I don't think that's gonna yeah, go ahead, likely well for the record, even five and one I don't think gets the Ravens the one seed because I don't think the Chiefs have two losses on that schedule. Even if you say they're gonna lose to Buffalo, losing to the Patriots is an impossibility. The Wills, the Raiders have beaten them once in six years, like it's gonna be I don't know. Maybe maybe they are. I mean, they did just lose. They has scored fourteen points and lost to Miami. All right. I actually considered if the Chiefs said one, and this is the I almost if the Chiefs said one, I was gonna lead with this and this is what I was saying, was maybe the more important thing. But because they lost, it would have seemed cowardly if I did so. Last night, my dad, who lives in Kansas City and who I grew up going to Chiefs games with, came to New York and then he and I drove to Philadelphia to a Chiefs bar called Big Charley's, which I'm actually wearing the sweatshirt that they gave me. So it's a Chiefs bar in Philly. And it was you know, my dad lives in Kansas City, flies to New York, so we can drive to Philadelphia for a game against Philadelphia that's taking place in Kansas City to watch it at a Kansaity base bar. That's the TikTok of it, if you will. And it was. They were great people. It was an unbelievable environment. I put out some videos some pictures, is great, but that's not actually the part that I want to talk about. And the h and I don't know how long I'm gonna talk about this, and I don't and I I kind of know what I want to say, but I don't exactly know how I should say it. But this is our last show before Thanksgiving, and there's gonna be a lot of people around family, you know this, you know here in the next few days, and you know, I will have the pleasure of having my Demands and Dior and Deanna and Me and Danielle all together for the first time in you know, three months since your went off to college. But so I'm almost forty years old, and it's a weird thing I think, and I hope that there are some guys out there listening. I know we have women female listeners, but I'm gonna talk about fathers and sons here for a moment. And it's like a unique spot because I do this show with the momse. But it's a weird thing for a lot of I think guys around my age, especially once we have kids of our own, where your maybe connection point or relationship with your own father. I don't want to say it can fray, but you're busy and you're worried about your kids, and especially if you live in different cities and it's it's the again. I'm gonna say maybe some things that are hopefully, you know, as generations move on, people are more evolved or whatever it is. But especially it's two men and it's like he knows I love him, I know he loves me, and you can maybe like take the no, I don't want to say take for granted the relationship, but you can allow a lot of things to go undiscussed or unsaid or unasked about. And I you know, my dad's you know you ran a union for thirty some years. It's kind of like an old school type of guys. How he's always carried himself. And it's not like he was like one of those dads that like never said I love you. He every phone call I've ever had with in my life, he ended with I love you. He's not one of those dads like didn't hug or anything like he the he wasn't. He was a very affectionate guy. But since I've been an adult, I don't know that we've had, you know, five real like heart to heart, like how are you doing? You know, I'm sorry for this thing I did twenty years ago that might have hurt your feelings because it's just not the kind of wavelength we've operated. And we also probably haven't spent as much quality time together as either of us would like. But it's neither one of us fault. Like he was trying to get me to go with him to this big Charlie's place for two years, and every time, like it's tough Sunday football, I can't like just be watching the Chiefs game. I don't want to, you know, you know, And so so this weekend he came over on Sunday and watched football with me, and we sat and watched football and had a great time for seven hours in almost silence. It's like, oh, good play, like just sitting there and I really was enjoying it, like I was really, I really was enjoying it. And then to mom's ay, your mom came home and she sat with us for five minutes and just started talking and intentionally brought up something that my dad and I probably needed to talk about for oh, I don't know ten years, but neither one of us has. And she basically brought it up, walked out of the room and then you know what I mean, and then was like, you guys should talk like And it led to over the last thirty six hours, probably four full hours of conversations with my dad that yes, some of it was like I apologized for you know, some things I did that I didn't know hurt his feelings, whatever it was. But a lot of it was like I on the drive to Philly just asked him questions about his life before I was born that I didn't know about, and like about the early parts of his career, about you know, the things that these things that I just didn't know about. And it's like when you're a kid, you're too young to ask or your parent wouldn't tell you. And then when you're an adult and you're finally like on eye level, all of a sudden, you're focused on your kids.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 2: The whole drive to Philly, we talked, and then we got to Philly and watched the game. And then after the the you know, despite the devastating loss, went back to the hotel, sat outside the hotel and talked, and then went to the hotel and sat and talked for another probably ninety minutes. For it was like two in the morning and it was, you know, time to go to bed. And so I'm telling this very vulnerable. You know, potentially people are tuning in right now, they're like, oh, Nix, I'm talking about the Chiefs loss, and I'm damn near crying. I'm doing it for a reason, because it is we are. Everyone right now that has family around alive hopefully is going to be around some of them over the next five six days. And it can be very easy to just be like, ah, you know, we'll talk about that another time, or ah, he knows I love, or he knows I'm sorry about that. And I didn't know that. I didn't know so much about my dad's like actual like history, like how he became who he is, which is, I believe one of the most important and successful people in the history of Kansas City. What he's done for the union membership there, for the people there, I think it is. I mean, you'll have a street named after him at one point and his road there, and like, there's this shit I should have known, like I didn't demandse when my sister, when your aunt was a baby for nine months, they all lived in Boston. I guess I knew that, but I didn't know it was when my dad was getting my dad was getting his masters at Harvard and my mom had just had Joe and they lived there. And I'm like, you, guys, Joe lived in Boston, And I guess I'm supposed to know these things. It's my family, but I'm so caught up in my own did or whatever. And I'm like, so then you did what? And then all these things And so the long meandering path of this is twofold. One is to maybe you know, uh, put well, I guess it's threefold. One is, if you're thinking about you know, reconnecting or connecting on a deeper level with someone you truly love. I cannot endorse it strongly enough because if your mom had walked in, before she walked in that room, she had said to me, I'm gonna bring this up, I would have said, no, you are not. I do not want to have these conversations. But I did evidently, So that's the first reason. The second reason is because this is such a unique dynamic and I see so the me and Demanse and so much of as young men into men, we are pushing and pulling against like who are fathers are, who they wanted to be, who they you know, who they whatever it is, and it really does form a lot of who then we are. And I I always worry that my you know that, how how rarely I have, like, you know, deep real conversations with my dad, Like I was thinking about it, like I was like, man, when I'm his age, if that's me and Demanse all be super sad, with which within means my dad was probably sad about it, but I was just focused on my own stuff. And so I don't know if that makes sense, But like I'm not always the best example on these interfamiliar relationships and so like, it was really an important, important forty eight hours of my life these last two days, like truly, and I didn't know what would be. It was just like, oh cool, my dad's coming to down, get to see him, and so I said, I said threefold. And the third reason is because instead of having to spend twenty minutes talking about that chief's loss, I only had to spend ten and no one could be mad at me about it. Now check made everybody quick break right back? What's right? All right? Welcome back What's Right with Nick Wright? Episode one ninety five. This episode of What's Right is brought to you by the McDonald's app. I love the McDonald's app for mick Delivery. I love it because it's perfect for any situation. Pouring rain, don't want to go out and get your delicious mcdouble boom McDelivery, your team's playing, you don't want to miss a single second mc delivery. Say it's been a long day, What better way to fix it than getting a delicious quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry delivered right to your door. I personally love to order McDelivery when I'm watching a game or spending time with my family. And now every time you order McDelivery in the McDonald's app, it earns you points towards free food. And who doesn't like free food? So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Download the McDonald's app today at participate in McDonald's delivery. Prices may be higher than at restaurant's delivery, and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's. All right, demon's before we get to the other NFL topics, you have a major announcement to make. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I had my teaser this week, but it's not really I kind of knew this teaser was gonna hit. This was Oh Dells was looking great from the start. Oh we're doing this because gambling show on Thursday. Yeah, Detroit took Oh.
Speaker 2: Don't say, and don't say you knew it would hit. It took a historic comeback by Detroit for you to esay by the hair of your chin, they I mean the idea that like, oh, throw my feet up theirs was never a doubt. It was in major doubt. Now it hit, and I'm happy. But this wasn't like a smooth sailing teezer where you didn't have to worry.
Speaker 3: At any point in that Bears game. Did you think that they were going to beat the Lions?
Speaker 2: Well, when they had a twelve point lead with five minutes left, I thought it was possible. Yeah, I mean, I mean when Jared goff through his third interception and they were already down nine, I was a little nervous for you. And I buy by the way, I had the Lions in a teaser, so I I was sweating it right there alongside you.
Speaker 3: Was it a seven and a half point teaser?
Speaker 2: No, So I had the Lions just six point teaser, down to just a point and a half, so I really needed that two point convert. They scored touchdown to go up one, and they went for two and they got it. Now they ended up I guess not needing it because they got the safety at the end because Field's fumbled. But yeah, I mean I was sweating it out longer than you. But congrats Demonse, Like it says undefeated since week eleven.
Speaker 3: And we will wait, ye, So, I mean, we don't have a gambling show this week. So what I'll do for you guys is I'll compile a teaser and I'll get us some money this Thanksgiving and I'll post it to my Twitter. You guys can trail me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's yes. Follow Demond on Twitter at demonse bird Byrd. Also, I will do my five picks as I always do, and we'll post it to the What's Right account. We'll also post Amonti's teaser to the What's Right account us for record keeping purposes, because we need to have the record stay as it is or not. I shouldn't say stay as is, but we need to do whatever. Single weekend, let's get let's get to the game, or let's get to the other stories, all right.
Speaker 3: Per usual, there's a lot of talk of who should get MVP. A lot of names make sense, but a name that might not make sense to you that makes a lot of sense to others is Rock Party. So he threw for a perfect passer rating in his last game and sits the top. He's got the fifth best odds to win MVP right now, So do you think do you think that's a safe bet? Is it rational for Rock Perrie to get MVP or is that bar fetched? I mean perfect passer rating, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe we're gonna We're literally just going to do the exact same lunatic conversation we had after the Cowboys game again. So here's the thing. Can brock Purty be the MVP of the entire league when he is not the MVP of his own team? Of course not. So let's just take that away. What about if we shouldn't hold it against him? If a team has a great defensive player, they don't win MVP. Okay, is brock perty the most valuable player on the Niners offense? Of course? Not that's Christian McCaffrey. Is he the best player? Of course, not that's Trent Williams. Like, let's all stop, just stop. But here's the thing people want me, And this was the conversation on first things first, Like Nick, time to admit you were wrong about party guys. I use this analogy on the show and I will use it again. It demands you bought recently a very nice but sensible car. It works in all environments. Let's just let's say you hit fifty teasers in a row and you were just rolling in it and you were like, hey, uh, I'm getting a brand new sports car rear will drive convertible. It's awesome, gonna have so much fun driving it. Also, as it happens, Fox is transferring me to New York, and I'm gonna move from LA to New York and I'm gonna drive in my sports car. And I'm like, okay, buddy, that car's a ton of fun and you're gonna look great in it. And when the sun shining and the wind's blowing, it might look like the coolest car out there. But I gotta tell you, I've read that in the rain that car does terribly, and in the snow it's almost undrivable. And you're like, nope, don't care, think you're wrong, Gonna be great, and you drive and it's going great, and then the first time it rains you slide off the road. You're like, well, hopefully that's just an oddity. And then it snows and you can't get it out of your driveway, and then it rains and snows at the same time, and you wreck it and you take the shop get it fixed up, and then its sunshine again and you're driving and you call me. You're like, hey, ready to admit you were wrong about this car? Look at how awesome it is.
Speaker 3: No, I won't be.
Speaker 2: And the point is with Purdy, I had two questions, how will he look when all of the Avengers aren't there? How will he look if he has to come from behind? And God forbid? How would he look in all if that? Both those things happened together, and we saw it rain, we saw not all the Avengers were there against the Browns, and then we saw him it have to come from behind against the Vikings. Then we saw him have to come from behind and not have all the Avengers there against the Bengals, And how did it look? So it is not a question of does brock Purty stink? Clearly he does not. It is a question of to me it's twofold one is you know he played Baker Mayfield yesterday or Sunday? I made this point before the game. I still believe it would the San Francisco forty nine ers be better, worse of the same if Baker was the quarterback instead of Party. I'm very confident they wouldn't be worse. Maybe they wouldn't be better. I think they'd be a touch better, but they certainly could do. Baker can do everything perty's doing. That's the first, that's the I vehemently believe that, I think most people do. And then the next question is if in the postseason they are in a position anything similar to either of the circumstances they faced in the three game losing streak, can Purty pull him out of it. I don't believe he can. Well see if he proves me wrong. But the fact that it's a question means two things. One is he can't be the league MVP, and the other the other part of it is if we want to do the Hey, it's a weird year, let's give MVP to a guy with great numbers. But that's also an amazing story. CJ Stroud is sitting right there. I'm sorry. The Texans have six wins and the Niners have seven. CJ is putting up almost as good of numbers without any all pros on his team, with a rookie coach on a team everyone thought it was gonna be terrible. Like, I don't think CJ is the MVP either, But if we want to do a quarterback who's putting up bonkers numbers in the Shanahan system, that's a great story. Perty's not even the best option of that so I just can't do I can't ever, I can't keep having is a guy who no one thinks is one of the five best players on his own team gonna be the league MVP. And this is the last thing I'll say on it. Because Coach Mangini got mad at me. I don't know if was coach got mad at me. Someone got mad at me yesterday and they were like, you have to stop discounting him. You can say a lot of my commentary has discounted him, that's fine, But saying a guy should not win the single most prestigious award the NFL has to offer is not a slight saying a guy, you know what, I don't think this guy is the league MVP. Is not hating on him, is not taking a shot at him. It's simply saying he shouldn't get an award that the last four years five years has gone to only Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, and Lamar j accent. That's what it's saying.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead, Sorry, yeah, so wait, are we on to the next topic? Because you want me to weigh on.
Speaker 2: You can weigh in on. You can weigh in on brock Party and then we can move on.
Speaker 3: It's all about what he's doing. Man, where's he going to take the team. And if he can, you know, play to Shanahan system and get them to the postseason that first seed or second seed, then believe that he deserves to be in the talks, even if it's the system that he's playing. Like I believe that you should have a system for a specific quarterback, like whatever this system is, we're going to play to your your ability.
Speaker 2: And I agree with all of that. I agree with that, but that doesn't mean that anyone should have to should look into a camera and be like, I think he's more valuable, like either definition that you want to do. If you want MVP to be at the value proposition doesn't matter, it's who's the best or if you're like the values in the name for a reason. If someone want to look into the camera and say brock Purty is more valuable than Lamar Jackson, someone want to look in the camera and say brock Purty is better than Lamar Jackson. Does someone want to look into the camera and say brock Purty is more valuable or better than Dak Prescott or Jalen Hurts or pick any I'm not even gonna say Mahomes because Mahomes isn't having his standard of season. Nobody thinks it. So if he's not more valuable to his team than those guys, and he's not better than those guys, why would he win the award? It's lunacy and everyone. What I can't believe is people are trying to credibly have within three weeks of each other, the same convert. The same people who were entertaining the idea he could be benched for Sam Darnold two weeks ago are now saying, Eh, you know what, Actually, maybe he's the Vay of the league. Give me, give me a break, Give me a break, all right, next, all right?
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are zero to two against winning teams with a winning record. They have this thing or this mo to just beat up on the sorry teams. Five of their seven remaining games include Seattle, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Miami and Detroit. Commanders are probably the only team left on the schedule that they're gonna be able to easily bully, So with them losing any of these games, there's a chance that they could play their achilles heel in the forty nine Ers. Is your confidence in Dallas, making the Super Bowl weathering away with that.
Speaker 2: No. So here's the thing. Obviously, Phillies win last night makes Dallas winning the division far more difficult. Now. I think Dallas is gonna beat Washington and then beat Seattle and then play Philadelphia on Sunday Night football, sitting at nine to three. But even if they were to win that game, they need Philly to really tailspin in order to win that division. But at the five seed, they're not gonna play San Francisco in round one. They're not gonna play Detroit. In round one. The five seed plays the lowest ranking division winner, which is a lockstop guarantee to be the NFC South winner, like it was last year when Dallas went to Tampa and won. So do I think Dallas can go to Tampa and beat or I'm sorry, go to Tampa, or go to New Orleans or go to Atlanta. Of course, the question then for Dallas is who do they play in the next round? Because I think Dallas can beat Philly. I think Dallas will beat Philly when they play in Dallas in a few weeks. I mean Dallas moves the ball well on Philly, the team they have not been able to beat is San Francisco. So Dallas probably what they need is someone else to beat San Francisco for them. But I'll tell you this much. I I think the Lions offense if it's in Detroit can I think they absolutely could beat San Francisco. I try the Lions in Detroit with the way that offense hums. And the Lions, by the way, you guys know again this was hurt by the Eagles winning last night. They're very alive for the one seed, and so here is Dallas's perfect world. Dallas's perfect world is the following is that they the perfect world that doesn't involve any like any of the Niners or Eagles, any of those teams losing in Round one of the playoffs in a huge upset like Minnesota beats them or something. They're perfect world where they if they have to be the wild card, is there the five seed, which they will be, and they beat up on whoever the NFC South team is, and then the one seed is Philadelphia, with the two seed being Detroit and the three seed being San Francisco. And they go to Philly where they damn near one last time and beat them, and Detroit beat San Francisco and Dallas then has to be Detroit or the flip side of that, Detroit's the one, Philly's the two, and Philly beat San Francisco. I think Dallas is a really good team, but I can't deny the evidence that they have a ton of problems just even moving the ball at all on San Francisco. So in order for them to go to the Super Bowl, someone else might have to beat the Niners. But I think there are a lot of teams that can beat the Niners, particularly if they're not at full strength. And the Niners, because of the physical brand of football they play, it's very hard for them to get through the whole season full strength. So that's where I'm at. Do I right now think Dallas is the best team in the conference? No, Philly is, Like Philly has earned that. Am I gonna change my Super Bowl pick? Of course not. But right now, if you were to be, like, hey, even money on any team, Philly would be the smart bet. They've lost. They've lost once, and they while they haven't looked amazing, they know how to win games. Go ahead, all.
Speaker 3: Right, We're on to the next one. All the worst teams in the NFL. All, I mean, all the worst teams in the NFL have quarterbacks, with the exception of one team and the Patriots. Earlier this season there was talks to Belichick leaving. Do you think if the Patriots have a chance to get Caleb Williams that Bill Belichick will stay?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think he's gonna have the opportunity, right, I mean, just flat weight, I just don't think Belichick is gonna have the opportunity to stay. And I think that they the Patriots, if they.
Speaker 3: Will want to blow it up and like a new quarterback, new coach, like whole new pair, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, and have an offensive mind. If you're gonna take a quarterback number one, I think you'd want an offensive mind. The problem with a defensive coach if you have the potential superstar quarterback is he's going to perpetually be having to chain coordinators because if you have a so this is two like this is one of the downs. So let's take Josh Allen as a for instance. Right, So Josh Allen gets to Buffalo, he hasn't developed. They have a defensive coach of McDermott. He hasn't developed quite the way they would want, so he changes coordinators. They bring in Brian Dabele, so Alan has to kind of learn a new system whatever it is. Dabele is great, Alan has the best years of his career. Well guess what. Guess what happens to great offensive coordinators. They become head coaches. So now Alan has to get a new offensive coordinator, Ken Dorsey. Ken Dorsey, if he last year, people before the Bills fell apart of the very end, people were like, oh, Dorsey could be the next head coach somewhere. Instead it went the other way. He got fired. Now he's with Joe Brady that if you have a defensive coach, your quarterbacks always going to be having to deal with a new coordinator for either good or bad reasons. Good because you do so well, he gets a head coaching job. So the flip side is, if you have an offensive coach like Red or Sirianni, yes, your coordinators might change, but it's the coach that really is pressing the buttons for the quarterback exactly. And so I just think I think that is a stumbling block for defensive coaches. And I think if you're the Patriots and you get Caleb Williams, you're gonna Belichick's not gonna be the one who gets a chance to develop him. All right, whatever questions you've got, we're gonna skip right in. We'll do your questions quickly in the next segment, and then I gotta run to work. Talk to you guys. We'll not talk to you later to your questions in a moment. What's Right? Welcome back, What's Driving the Right? Episode one ninety five. This episode of What Right is brought to you by the McDonald's App. I love the McDonald's app for mick Delivery. I love it because it's per fick for every situation pouring rain, don't want to go out and get your mcdouble McDelivery. Let's say your team's playing you don't want to miss a single second McDelivery. Let's say it's been a long day. What better way to fix it than getting a delicious quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry delivered right to your door. I personally love to order McDelivery when I'm watching a game or spending time with my family. And now every time you order mcdlivery in the McDonald's app that earns you points towards free food, and who doesn't like free food? So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app Donald McDonald's app today at participating McDonald's delivery, prices may be higher than a restaurant's delivery, and other fees may apply Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's. All right, DEMANDE let's go through some of these questions, and then I got to get out of here.
Speaker 3: Matthew Flowers asked, do you think the enemy might prep the wide receiver corps better? Wide receiver corps better than Naggy?
Speaker 2: So, uh, I don't know, listen the wide receiver coaching. I know people in Kansas City have had issues with. What I will say is I wonder if the enemy was a big part of second half adjustments because that's an area this year's team has been lagging, and so like you gotta be fair here, you know, I mean, I thought the enemy was a really sharp guy that deserved a had coaching opportunity. And while Sam Howell you know, gets sacked and turns the ball over a million times a game, he's I think second in the league still in passing yards, so he's doing something there. So yeah, I do think they missed the enemy to a degree. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, I not asked if Mahomes switched with Party with would the forty nine ers be the best team of all time?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, obviously yes, but the but you don't have to take it that far like this is and this is my party frustration. If the forty nine ers had Dak Prescott, they would be far and away the best team in the league, far and away. And the if they had Justin Herbert, they would be far and away the best team in the league. Like that's the point that I end people can disagree with me. I don't think they actually disagree, I just think they don't like the conversation, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Uh, Noah Rodriguez said, you said on TV yesterday that Chet is clearly the rookie of the year. How Wimby averages more points, rebounds, assist in blocks, and draws all the defenses, all the defensive attention.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, because Chet's been better. Chet's been doing it in high leverage, high pressure situations on a good team. He's not getting winning. And again, the Rookie of the Year is usually not about winning or losing. Is the rookies but for Chet it is. And here's the thing. Wimby is averaging eighteen and a half, nine rebounds, two and a half assists, two and a half blocks. Chet is averaging seventeen points, eight rebounds, two and a half assists, two blocks. So it's Wimby is averaging a point and a half more and two and one rebound more. The different is Wimby is doing it on forty two percent from the field twenty seven percent from three, and Chet is doing it on fifty seven percent from the field forty six percent from three. Listen, you guys know I did not believe in Chet. He's been awesome. I got it. Fair is fair. It's not that Wimby's been bad, but Chet has clearly been the rookie of the year. It's not it's in my bet. I have a big bet on Scoot Inderson to win it. That's not gonna work out. It's gotta be fair. I mean, it's obviously Chet, I mean again, and it obviously can change. We're fifteen games in. I'm not saying that that's who it is, but up at this benchmark, it's obviously Chet. All right, Uh? Next one?
Speaker 3: Producers ask Nick Cool analogy earlier. How awesome does Demons look in his can't miss pretty convertible?
Speaker 2: I think, oh, look at that. Oh, I mean, Demanse would look great in a sports car, it kind of I mean, yeah, yeah, the you know, if I hadn't gotten knocked out of the Circus Survivor contest a month ago and I was still alive for that nine million.
Speaker 3: Maybe wait, we still have our lions top of the a f C.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's not I mean that that. I might get you a model car like a leg you know what I mean, one we could build together, or something that's not gonna I don't know how much you think.
Speaker 3: I thought we went down that I mean.
Speaker 2: We did, but not not vehicle amounts. I mean it was I mean, I mean, yeah, yeah, enough for a down payment, but then but then you're on the hook for the monthly payments. Can't do it? All right? Love you guys, have a great Thanksgiving. I'll see you guys on my you know, Coward show, than my show, than Mini Times Show, than Coward Show again. As everyone tries to tork to me about the Chiefs, But I told you, thing's fine, talk to you guys later. What's right? Hey, it's nick er right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demandy's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And you're audio listeners. People that have commutes, drives, whatever it is. Subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out. Appreciate y'all.