Speaker 1: You're listening to Fox Sports Radio Radio.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's LeVar Arrington. I'm Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. You can hear us weekday mornings alongside Brady Quinn on Two Pros and a Cup of Joe before the Dan Patrick Show six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. But yesterday and today we are in for Dan and the Boys as we take you all the way up until noon Eastern time, nine o'clock Pacific. You can listen on the iHeartRadio app. You can find us on hundreds of affiliates all across the country. If you're listening on the podcast, we appreciate you doing so. You can also watch us as well too. Today go to YouTube at two pros FSR on YouTube that is at two pros FSR, and you can hang out with us here on this three hour journey as we as we are rocking and rolling here, LeVar. I don't know if this is a sign of the times or maybe we have a little bit of a problem here, but Colorado and coach Primes Colorado Buffalo's they had their spring game over the weekend and according to Colorado Sports only on social media. The attendance at the Colorado Spring Games has started to decline over the four years since Dion Sanders has taken over. In twenty twenty three, the first year, a little over forty seven thousand showed up to Boulder for the spring game. The next year it was twenty eight thousand. The year after that it was twenty and then approximately in between seventeen and eighteen thousand over the weekend they're in Boulder, Colorado. That according to Sean Keeler of the Denver Post, so the school was claiming that there was about twenty seven and change, but upon further review, they might have rounded up an extra ten thousand to get to that number. And so there's some people that have speculated that well, maybe uh, maybe the coolness and the newness of the Colorado program under Dion Sanders kind of run its course. That along with the fact that, you know, coming off a disappointing season, there's a lot of stuff going on and you don't have Shador, you don't have Travis Hunter there, and so some people are worried about the state of affairs there in Colorado.
Speaker 3: You don't have Shador, you don't have Travis Hunter. You were good enough to win four games when they were there. Let that sink in. So we're saying that the drawing card was coach prime Shador Sanders Travis Hunter. But it didn't yield you a result like they had the great start, didn't they start like three and zero?
Speaker 4: I believe is his first year there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they had the big win against what was it TCU early first game or something like that?
Speaker 2: Was it the Bullthrog? I they beat Nebraska? Didn't they beat Nebraska as well too?
Speaker 3: I'm not mistaken the first game out they were supposed to get. They were supposed to get spent Christian. I believe they Here's what I'll say. Coach Dion Sanders brings a lot of the spotlight and attention his way by the way he handles things. He's unapologetically who he is, and he leads with his faith and his belief. He carries it through with his commitment to his family and the people that he cares about. And he's a master salesperson. He sells what he buys into. He was able to sell himself as a player, he's been able to sell himself as a coach. He was able to sell you his kids as players. He's been able to sell you Travis Hunter, and ultimately he's been able to sell you the vision and the dream of what the Colorado Buffalo's program could potentially become under his leadership. He's along the way. He sold you some Nike shoes. He sold you some blender, you know, sunglasses. Yeah, he sold you some fried chicken. He's selling you. The year before Dion Sanders got there, I believe the attendance was reported at ten thousand, three hundred, ten thousands some change, whatever it was. So even with his fifty percent fallof on attendance to spring game, it's more relevant and more significant than what it was when he got there. And I think sometimes we forget that those three wins was better than what they did when he got there. Those four wins that he got last year, it was better than what he did, or excuse me, the four wins the first year, the three wins last year, it was better than what it was when he got there. Building programs don't always come together like it did for Kirk Signetti in Indiana. It's an outlier, and when you look at how difficult it is, and especially in the nil Era time, how difficult it is to build a team, continue to continue to grow the team, retain players, and retain coaches. I think I think it kind of comes across as there is a focal point that probably again that Diann is most likely created by his personality in a way that he is, but Jonas Ultimately, I think what we're looking at here is the Deon Sanders effect. If this is any other school, why is this even a report? Right You're talking about a three win team, a four win team, four win team, three win team. Why else are we talking about this team right now? Because of Deon Sanders? Okay, and that's I look at this and I go, if we just want to address some of the other stuff about Colorado, So some players who transferred and entered the portal because they lost a lot of players who entered.
Speaker 4: A lot of players.
Speaker 2: I think it was like thirty five or some crazy number like that. But they've also added some players as well too. But there's some players have had made some comments about the program. Deon Sanders is pretty classy in his response to what they were saying, which that whole thing especially, look, I could understand if it was back in the day, and you didn't really have a ton of options and you were kind of stuck in this spot or whatever it was. But if you make the decision to leave someplace and you are also getting paid to leave that place, just shut up. Nobody cares about your complaints about the program. You made it clear and obvious that you wanted to go elsewhere, which is why you left to begin with. Let it be it wasn't for you. You didn't like the no social media stuff that he implemented, what like, maybe there should be more of that just in general for everybody. But I look at it and I go, you do realize the bucket of vomit that you were before he got there, right like? You do realize it was in a relevant program with zero buzz and zero interest. And I get that they haven't won a national title and they haven't won all these big games, and they haven't been a playoff team and so on and so forth. But the fact that this is even a conversation, that it's even being talked about, Wow, I look at it, and I go, whatever the win loss record is, it's a success.
Speaker 3: Because zero, yeah, it's zero one. It's a success.
Speaker 2: And if you want to make the decision after this year that you've got to move on or it's just not working, or you know, his style isn't working. Then that's fine. But you look back on this era of Colorado football and you can say that it peaked early and people lost interest down the stretch. Hard to argue with the fact that there's never been more interest in that program other than when they were winning national temes. You can say that for college football it was a rock concert.
Speaker 3: You can say that for college sports that Dion Sanders invigorated all of sports with his inaugural year at Colorado.
Speaker 2: I think it was great, man.
Speaker 3: He was a rising tide for everyone his first year in Colorado. Everyone, Hey, you need to resurface, get your name out, get your brand out. Go to Colorado game. Hey you want to get your name out there. You want want to get some some press, some media. Go visit Prime in his office, say it was it Lil Wayne machine Gun like get the names are so that list is so long of people who walked through Thanks for my invitea of all those people who walked through the doors and visited Coach Prime, whether it was game day, whether it was off days, and just came into the office. It was a who's who of people circulating through Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 4: And if you.
Speaker 3: Took a poll with any of those people, those celebrities that came there, I would probably be willing to bet the bank that most of them had never been to the University of Colorado before.
Speaker 2: Then, by the way, I want to correct my I don't think Machine Gun Kelly actually performed in Boulder, Colorado. But he should have, all right, he should have, So that's all right, It's not my fault. Was he there, did he visit? Who knows? Probably, But it was a who's who of everybody that wanted to be a part of the biggest show in football. And it's why it was talked about and discussed the way that it was. So when I see this stuff come out to where people like, oh my god, the spring game numbers are down. Okay, they give you what you want. And by the way, who knows if the weather, you know, whether the weather was cooperating. I saw that there was some thunderstorms and things like that. Maybe people didn't want to stand in the rain to go watch Colorado practice in a spring game, Like what do you it's the spring game is free for a reason, like if you show up, you show up. If not, whatever the charge of for parking.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 2: So wow, I mean, what do you want? You wanted to be?
Speaker 4: What you want?
Speaker 2: You wanted to be Georgia Spring game where they're handing out their hand out condoms because Ludacris is performing.
Speaker 3: They did that with uh with Snoop at the Kentucky Midnight Matt Yeah, well too.
Speaker 4: It's like, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 3: Make balloon animals, shoot some rubbers out and everybody's coming. I went to I've been to the last three Penn State Blue White games.
Speaker 2: Total.
Speaker 3: Totally different from what it was in the early early two thousand's, late nineties.
Speaker 4: Totally different.
Speaker 3: You go this I went last when I went last year, No, it's just desolate like I.
Speaker 2: Went last year. Really no buzz.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know about this year, but last year and we were basically being considered the national champs, like to compete for it.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 3: Nobody was there, man, Wow, nobody was there.
Speaker 4: Like it was very again, it was.
Speaker 3: Like tumbleweeds, Like it's not what I I was accustomed to when I was there. And I'm not trying to make it an eye thing, but it's different. I think the landscape of spring ball is very different than what it has been. And I think historically, if we're trying to compare what it is now to what it's becoming. And that's why you saw Dion talking about having a different team to play in the spring game. Maybe that would bring a level of excitement to the fan base. Maybe that would be a drawing card to come because outside of Dion Sanders using his influence to bring in these acts, to bring in these celebrities and superstars to come be a part of the landscape of Boulder, you.
Speaker 4: Don't have that.
Speaker 2: You don't have that anywhere.
Speaker 3: And so when you look at why he's been able to do it, who did he have performed this year? Do we know did he Do you have anybody perform this year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, No.
Speaker 3: There's things that people can look at and say, Okay, did this person performing? Hold the weight of people coming out and wanting to see a glorified practice, a walkthrough. It's not a scrimmage anymore. Guys aren't going live. It's not your keeping score. Who wins black or gold like, It's not that anymore. It's a practice so what we're going to take off and go see this and fill in and pack out this stadium for the sake of people being able to say that forty thousand people were here, sixty thousand people were here like that used to be a flex but I don't think that exists anymore.
Speaker 2: Man who knows. By the way, you know, people got other plans. You know, it's a Saturday, you know, you know, whether it's in the seventies, it might rain, it might not. Next thing, you know, you know, some guys out there smoking the hippie lettuce, having a couple of throat burners. You know, people won't have a good time if you're using it to have a good time.
Speaker 3: And that's why you went to do all that, the throat burner, the lettuce, the.
Speaker 4: High powered lettuce.
Speaker 3: Get on some of that liver loub the liverlubing, all that stuff that you're doing. You might want to do that and go in and see the new players, or go see what's going on or whatever it may be. All I'm saying is is that the criticisms that are coming towards Dion Sanders, while I'll say the attention that he Garners would say it's justified for him to get the criticisms. I'll say on the other side of it, I don't think that it is proper in the sense that turning this into a sensational, sensationalized story of the fall or the demise of Deon Sanders and the Colorado football team when he's basically dealing with the same exact challenges that everybody.
Speaker 4: Else in college football is a tat bit.
Speaker 3: That's that's a tad bit out of line to me, that's a little out of pocket.
Speaker 2: He didn't take over Alabama after saving left, you know what I mean. He took over an awful program. They were terrible. They were a one win team before he got.
Speaker 3: There, and now you expect them to be a national title kay tender. You expect them to be in the college football playoff. And that's how it's supposed to be. Why because you took the cheese. Dion again, as I started the segment off with, Dion has been selling you on his greatness since he was in college.
Speaker 2: And by the way, uh, it's not exactly like he's rolling out there one hundred percent healthy either. I mean, the guy lost part of.
Speaker 3: His foot fighting. He's lost fighting hell, you know, his inside an a dope looking girlfriend though oh yeah, hey, when he's best recruited, when he's recruiting for himself, he ain't missing that's all. I'm just like, he ain't missing on.
Speaker 2: Delivering what whatever whatever happens with this whole thing if it has looked, if it ends up, you know, you know, they don't end up winning more than you know, four or five games and they decide they want to move on or whatnot. So just sold, you say thank you, thank you because because he brought he brought the program back to relevance and after and that's really I I I look at it, and I never looked at Colorado and Dion getting there as if what's our win loss record and how are they doing Bowl games? I look at it is well, are they are they interesting? Again? Yes? Would be nice to win some games, Yes, and they did, maybe not the big ones. You know. He also had a Heisman Trophy winner. Uh, he had a a guy come out of Colorado who was a fifth round pick who was the story of an entire draft as well too. All of that is to his credit, all while doing this with serious medicalition.
Speaker 3: Shut on, no gushing over Dion Either this is my former teammate. I have a ton of respect for him, a ton of admiration. I always tell the story my rookie year, I was out of shape coming into camp. Dion Sanders pulled me aside and conditioned with me after every practice and training camp. Dion is not the diva that people think he is. He is a very meticulous he meticulous. He is a very, very regiment oriented dude. He is a very processed driven dude, almost to the point of where you can say it's like a like OCD type stuff, Like, the dude is about his business. So the things that people kind of portray or experience thinks they experience or know about him may not be very accurate. And I say this all to say, what is the ultimate goal of trying? Like it always seems like the stories that surface about Dion Sanders are always negatively drink what is the ultimate goal? Because at the end of the day, if your negativity leads to Dion Sanders getting fired.
Speaker 2: He don't need no money.
Speaker 3: Dion is not hurting for money. So if you get rid of them, okay, he's not coaching anymore. He gets to go off and do whatever it is. Whatever else he's going to do, probably may may rest enjoy life, could come back into the media. He kilt it doing that. Yeah, they didn't push him out. He rolled out to come coach. He could easily go back into that. What is the ultimate goal is what I always wonder when you see all of these stories, because it's like the fact that this man leans into who he is, his faith, his accomplishments, what he expects. It truly offends people. And I don't understand why Dion is so offensive to the people that are watching him.
Speaker 2: You mentioned OCD. You ever been around somebody who had full blown o CD. Yes, let me tell you something. I used to work with this I used to used to I used to well, I used to work with this guy at a previous job who had I mean full I mean we're talking this guy had heavy duty o c D where he had to like touch the wall a certain number of times as he walked by, and hold the railing a certain number of times as he walked by. And every time I'd see him, and the guy looked like Beethoven too, which is awesome. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Beethoven was like. Well, you know, I'll just use my imagination.
Speaker 2: But so every time I'd see this guy walk, I knew he had to touch the railing a certain way to walk by. I would cut in between him and the railing just.
Speaker 4: Right at that point. Oh, it's great. Did he stop?
Speaker 3: I can't. If I could to stop, I almost went into convulsions. Yeah, yes, stop. You disrupted his process. That ain't right, brouh Hey, that's you wanted him, do they had? You know he was growing up with your nose in the corner. That's what you wanted him.
Speaker 2: Dudes, you know what look like Mozart. I wouldn't have done it. It is a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, by the way, brought to you by True Don't waste another weekend doing your long care yourself. Partner with the official long care treatment provider of the PGA Tour and get a golf course quality lawn the easy ways. Sign up at truegreen dot com. Then sit back and relax. All right, It is the Dan Patrick Show here at Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington Johns knocks in for Dan and the guys coming up next. Somebody has heard your complaints and they don't care. In the NFL, that'll be yours right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand.
Speaker 4: New YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 3: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up a little over fifteen minutes from now, we are going to get into a story that well, not a great one, especially with the draft coming up right around the corner for somebody in the world of football. So we'll get into that for you right here on FSR. By the way, a reminder, you can watch us on YouTube at two pros FSR. That is at two pros FSR where you can check us out and hang out with us here on YouTube. You can also check us out on the iHeartRadio app, where you can stream us wherever you happen to be. Catch us in all of our Fox Sports Radio shows live twenty four to seven in the new and improved iHeartRadio app. Search Fox Sports Radio and the app to streamers live all day, every day and be sure to select Fox Sports Radio is one of your presets in the iHeart app, so we'll always pop up at the top up your screen. So Roger Goodell over the Weekend, this is kind of funny. There's been some speculation that Kyle Shanahan not exactly thrilled with the idea of the forty nine ers opening up the year in Australia, especially when you're opening up the year in Australia against a team that you can literally get on a flight and be there in fifty minutes in the La Rams and Roger Goodell over the Weekend was asked about Kyle Shanahan having some concerns and some issue with the fact that the Niners got to go all the way to Australia to start their season.
Speaker 6: Eddie had this to say, Coach Shanahan is enthusiastic and a great football coach, but also someone who truly understands the importance of expanding our game.
Speaker 2: Go aboid. But his job is to win. His job is to play.
Speaker 6: And I always say coaches like to play at one o'clock at four o'clock and.
Speaker 4: Don't get in the way of that.
Speaker 6: So we're going to make it a great experience.
Speaker 2: For the team, which is code for yeah, that's cool. Anyways, up and get on that plan.
Speaker 4: It's like, but just the idea.
Speaker 2: This just further points to the fact, whether it's the eighteen games, whether it's the flexing, whether it's Roger Goodell, and the people atop the NFL do not give a crap whether or not the players or the coaches like the scheduling or care about what it does to their body physically. If it means they can make money in a new market or in a new time slot or on a new streaming service, they're.
Speaker 3: Going to do it. Are there in store? Are there any hit coaches around? From Paul Tagle I know Andy Reid was coaching the Eagles, but did Goodell take over before he went to My whole thing is I think how many six how many players from when Roger Goodell took over are still in the league. How many coaches are head coaches that were head coaches when Roger Goodell took over?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, six o six, same year, Yeah, two thousand and six, when he took over as commissioner.
Speaker 3: How many players from two thousand and six are still in the league. I don't think any. Okay, Yeah, So here's the reality of it. Kyle Shanahan is right. Protect protect your best interest as best you can, because your interest is only the interests while you are still the head coach of the team that you're the head coach of. That could change at any point in time. Roger Goodell does have a job to do, and he's doing it, and he's doing it fine and well enough where he has continued to be the leadership of this National Football League and these franchises business is booming. Look at the amount of money that these franchises are selling for on the open market.
Speaker 2: They're in the bees.
Speaker 3: So while you can sit there and say there are no real pros for Cole Shanahan and the forty nine ers to go play in Australia, this is something that is like you look at it and it's like it's with the Rams. It's the Rams game. So now not only are you pulling them away from from America and putting them in an entirely different an entirely different time slot with being in Australia, but you're talking about that's a how long? That's a forty minute our minute, our flight.
Speaker 2: Forty five to fifty minute flight from LA to San Francisco, and which is right next to LAX, which is a home game for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Yes, because the forty nine ers take over so far when they play them there. So this is automatically a mental advantage, a gamesmanship advantage for the Rams going.
Speaker 2: Into the season. This is a divisional opponent.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand how to me in these moments.
Speaker 2: You don't waigit and measure out what.
Speaker 3: Would be a more feasible game to put in these these overseas markets. I think that's too big of a game, that's too good of a game to put over there.
Speaker 2: Because I look at it and I go, well, maybe the thought process was they're both West Coast teams, so you don't want to give somebody an advantage because I believe the flight from San Francisco to Australia is between fourteen to sixteen hours, which is wild. You could get drunk four times on that flight and get some naps in. So I'm hoping to be on it, and if you're doing it, it's going to be with the Miller light. But the point is, maybe the thought process was, well, we'll send a couple of West Coast teams over there. Maybe that would make more sense, or teams in the same time zone so that nobody had in any ill you that because if you think about it, and there's been some conversation, and I know Sean McVeigh got some heat for this and they were kind of busting his balls a little bit, but Kyle Shannan and Matt Lafleur are making the point, well, we think Sean McVay campaigned to have this game played in Australia because they didn't like the fact that the Niners took over so far every year, which in defense and I've said this before, in defense of LA Football fans, the franchise is left for twenty years, so people started shopping elsewhere. So it's going to take some time for the Rams and or the Chargers, but specifically the Rams to really dominate. And it doesn't help that when you do win a Super Bowl one of the politicians is giving a speech is weren't a Saint Louis Rams. That doesn't help either. But if I look at this and I'm Kyle Shanahan, or even if I'm Sean McVay, I'm thinking that that's not a great start to the year, man like that.
Speaker 3: And if I'm Sean McVay, I don't have that opinion of it, Like I feel better about it if I'm McVeigh. Really, it's gamesmanship because it's an away game. It's an extra away game where you would have had to have used or looked at so far as an extra extended home game for the San Francisco forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: Let me raise another couple points for you too.
Speaker 3: By the way, if if the forty nine Ers in this game were to lose this game and they missed the playoffs by let's just say one game, does this does this comeback as a story a storyline connected to why going overseas in some in some instances are detrimental to a season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 3: You do know what date this game is being played on right now. I'm a first responder guy. If you know me, you know I'm very very intense on first responders, our military, and our veterans. If you know me, you know that that's what I'm into. My family, all that stuff. Dad's wounded warrior. You get that this game is on what day, Jonas, September eleventh. Why the hell are you taking America's game somewhere else and playing it on September eleventh, But it's gonna be technically September tenth. Out here, it's September eleventh. There. I don't give a good gosh darn on the technically too close, too sentimental, too much value.
Speaker 4: Don't do it. There's a different date.
Speaker 3: At least respect our country's history in this moment and do it on a different date.
Speaker 2: Well, but out here in the States, where I think that date matters the most, it's September tenth. It's so it's September eleventh. In Australia, it's it's Friday morning. Out here it's Thursday evening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got you heard me. I hear what you're saying. I just I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I think that too close any any international game, if you're going to put teams out of their rhythm. And look, you and Brady have talked about this before, team like and I've heard like guys like Brian Urlacker said, look, Monday night's cool. The primetime games are cool. If it were up to me, I play every game at noon Central Time, every game at noon, so at least you know going into it. I think every international game that they send teams over to play should be built around a bye week everyone because it makes it more because then look rest wise, health wise, flight back wise, all of that stuff. It doesn't get you out of your rhythm. And if those guys want to hang out in whatever country they're visiting for a little while. You'll see UFC fighters and boxers do this all the time. They'll go fight internationally or someplace like that, and they'll hang out after the fight for a little bit just to enjoy and take in the sights and sounds of a new place. The fact that you're starting out your year on a fifteen hour flight or whatever it is, from the West Coast to Australia and it's against a team that you could be playing at their doorstep in forty five minutes on a plane. It just that's the part I don't really understand. I just I don't. I don't get it. It doesn't make any I understand the financial aspect of it, but from a scheduling standpoint, I just don't understand.
Speaker 3: Again, it comes back down, and I'm standing on September eleventh, by the way, like you're not going to talk me out of it. You ain't going to hit me with a it's the tenth and this and that. I'm standing on the fact that that close to September eleventh, on September eleve that that should be a game that is on American soil. I'm standing on that it's America's game. It should be being played in America at that point in time. I'm standing on that. But here's another issue that I take with these games and the expansion of how many games they're trying to have overseas during the course of a season, is that we have continued to have the conversation of how important football became to American people, what it represented during war times, what it represented during the transition from you know, radio to television television production, what it looked like what our personality as a country was built on. It was built on really the brands and the personalities that we saw in the National Football League. It was and became America's past. Time you look, get away took the throne away from baseball, and to turn this game into such a corporately driven game where you're taking the game away from the people who made it what it is now today, the bohemoth that it has become to me, I find it to be a tad bit disingenuous in terms of how I view them moving forward, because you are now proving and showing that this isn't about the family, this is about the dollar. And while it was probably about the dollar when it was about the family, your business model centered around the game being about the family. When people like me were growing up, it was something that you did as a family. You could do it because it was right here, right in front of you. You could go, you could afford it, you could get food, you could you could take the bus or you could drive, you could tailgate.
Speaker 4: You met people, talk to people. I on God.
Speaker 3: I saw people with my family that would talk on Sunday, and you see some of them same people in the grocery store on Monday, Tuesday, no words, that was the day and age I grew up in no words, Sunday, subbrow Steelers.
Speaker 4: Baby the curtain, let's get it today.
Speaker 3: Dada, you want a hot dog? You want to link? Hey, you want a Kbasi like Tuesday Monday crickets. Yeah, it's brought everybody together. Now it's not that anymore.
Speaker 4: Jonas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also think, you know, think about the fans of these getting, like, you know, season ticket holders, fans who have you know, those attached with them. Now all of a sudden they lose a home game because it goes to austro correct, So there's that as well too. And you know, maybe they have first I don't know how the season ticket stuff works in the NFL. Maybe they have first write a refusal on those tickets that they want it. But man, maybe not everybody you know in and around El Segundo wants to get on a plane for close to twenty hours to go fly to Australia, to go get run over by a kangaroo and watch Matt Stafford throw one yard touchdowns to Devonte Adams, like like, you know, maybe maybe they don't want to be a part of that whole thing. Build it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I look at it.
Speaker 2: And I go, it's just it's kind of it's a strange decision by the NFL, but you know, if they can make a bug, they can make a buck. Despite Kyle Shannan's complaints, it is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Jonas knocks in for Dan and the guys coming up next here. We've got some information and it is not the good kind for one person in the world of football, and that's yours right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's LeVar Arrington. I'm Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys coming up top of next hour. We'll call it a little over ten minutes from now. If you need a little red ass in your life, the one and only P Prisco is your guy. He will be joining us here. Senior NFL columnist for CBS Sports. Always a fun conversations and ballbusting, etc. Etc. With the great pe Prisco here again top of next hour a little over ten minutes from now. By the way, if you've missed any of today's show and you want to catch the podcast, just search two pros wherever get your podcast. Right after the show, Today's pot will be posted. Be sure to follow it. Rated five stars. You can even provide a review. Again, just search two pros where ever get your podcast. Find today's full showing a best of version posted right after we get off the air. You can also check us out on YouTube at two pros FSR on YouTube. If you'd like, one of the guys that we're going to ask Pete Prisco about is Reuben Bain Junior. Who's you know, one of the top prospects in the NFL draft first round pick, et cetera, et cetera. There was a story that came out a couple of days ago that I it was the first time I had heard the story. But in twenty twenty four, Bain was cited for careless driving for the accident that occurred at about four am local time in Florida, and according to this the crash report alleges that Bain was driving a twenty twenty one land Rover SUV that had three other passengers in the car, one of which was twenty two year old Destiny Betts. Bain's vehicle rear ended another car, veered into a concrete barrier, then ricocheted into another barrier before coming to a rest on the shoulder of the highway. Destiny Betts was taken to Writer Trauma Center Miami. According to The read Optional, it reported that she was in a coma for nearly three months before she died from her injuries in June of twenty twenty four. And so, while Bain was cited at the time of the incident, charges were dropped prior to her death. And in his statement given to the read Optional, Bets's family called the crash quote a tragic accident and they wish mister Bain the best as he continues his life and career. So he was entering his sophomore season at the time of the accident. I had not heard of this story before reading about this over the past, you know, twenty four forty eight hours. But apparently, and according to CBS, teams in the NFL knew about this. So they knew about this report and I look at it and I go and we kind of mentioned this briefly yesterday. But I don't know, since teams know about this, whether or not it's going to drop him on draft boards or if there's going to be some teams that may be shy away because of this. But it does, I guess, point to the fact that the NFL draft, if you've got a flaw, if you've got to blemish some that are fair, some that are unfair through this process, man, they do some digging and they find some things out, and they will figure out what it is. And look, some of this stuff is manufactured. This clearly is not. And so I do wonder what the narrative is on him and how it's changed going into this draft.
Speaker 3: I don't think it changes at all. It doesn't make his arms longer, it doesn't change what he's done in his workouts. And so when you look at the gravity of this situation, one has nothing to do with the other because it wasn't It doesn't appear that it was an irresponsible car accident that took place. It was what it was, a car accident. They didn't find any drugs or alcohol in his system. The charges of careless or or whatever type of driving they charged them with. Those charges were dropped. So I don't think that there's any bearing on his draft stock and his status based upon, you know, based upon this information that they've already had for quite some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we heard, you know, similar stuff about Jalen Carter when that came out when he was coming out of the draft, So it's a little different. Yeah, So now we'll see there's a little different. It is LeVar Arrington Jonas Knox in for the Dan Patrick Show right here on Fox Sports Radio.