Speaker 1: Welcome to Decisions Decisions. I don't think you should say decision decisions. It sounded like you was talking to Kirsty. You definitely say to welcome, welcome to the new podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you want to say together the Decisions Decisions.
Speaker 1: The book is out. The book is out. Maybe you can now go get no holes barre. It is available. We have made it to that day. We're literally on the day of recording.
Speaker 2: You guys know this is not our jam, but we have been flying and traveling so much it was only right to do a super fresh episode only a day late.
Speaker 1: But it's such a special day for us.
Speaker 2: I think one of the biggest days, if not the biggest day of our entire careers. A friend of mine sent us the photo in Calabasas.
Speaker 1: First of all, we've been puffing all these black old stores. Tell of what calabas Lets put our motherfucker book on the shelf early and they're not the white got a goddamn book out. First of all, I was like, who's tricking on you? In Calaba's death that I really wanted to know what you lived at Calabs.
Speaker 2: But it was amazing to see and it was like, yeah, it was right in the front. And I always when I go to a bookstore and I'll see the books in the fight, I always wonder, why, oh who are they? Is a special so it'll be so cool to just see everybody's share and please we're reposting like we are re close when you walk in a store and see it tag us, because it's surreal to me, Like I I don't know. I never really thought for a second when we were writing the book that I could just be walking in and grabbing it and taking photos where they're like having a tangible thing in my hand. I didn't actually see it the hard copy until Mandy came to the South of France and we just yeah, we just left can Lions. It's Can, y'all. I know y'all haven't seen everybody.
Speaker 1: It is not Con.
Speaker 3: It is not Kansa. It's not Cannics.
Speaker 1: It is Can. I think it might not Gone. It's not Cone. It's not Cone. It's not gone An. When French people say, they don't say can no, it's can Lions.
Speaker 3: It's can't. Oh they can? You know, I don't know how did friend we listen?
Speaker 1: Friends is like my least favorite place, but the South of France is one of my favorite places to go, but I think it's only because it's full of Americans that week. So I had a wonderful time. Tuesday, I brought the book because we had dinner with our iHeart family. It was all the exacts. Black Effect was there, so Dolly and Charlemagne was there, Malcolm Gladwell was there, quest Love was there. Shout out to them, and we was there. How we got to invite y'all. Listen, we were negroes and half I say that.
Speaker 2: They said, hey not just bring one and they put us in, you know, all together. But it was crazy just to think these are the people that are being celebrated with iHeart just this.
Speaker 1: You know. It was a very small dinner.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like they were honoring all of iHeart shit last clone, no, no, no, no, it was.
Speaker 1: It was two tables and we was a part of them. Two tables. It was a good time. I brought the book. It was Weezy's first time seeing the hardcover, like, and it's really dope. Our pictures bitch right down in the bag. It's cute or whatever. So I brought it and Weezy got to see it for the first time. We ended up uh being able to talk about like just what it was like writing the book and weasy and true weezy fashion brought my future wife up with us. If y'all my future wife, let me tell y'all a story we ain't never heard of one. No, let let me let me tell y'all a story. And I'm not a lot of Latino puss. I am gonna share love latinas I love women I date. The only type of woman I haven't been with was a white woman. I feel like that's literally it. I haven't been with a white woman.
Speaker 3: I have been with a lot of motherfucker carry.
Speaker 1: I loved in Miami. Okay, carry on, man, listen, I'm actually gonna share a story because I have a question. So I'm gonna share the Latino puss that I had in Miami one time that didn't make the book. Anyways. So we get into the iHeart Cafe, I'm talking with everyone. I go to set the book down because we have a signed seating. So I go to set the book down and all my way back to go join Will and Charlotte, Dolly, Me and Eva catch eye mind you. Eva's talking to like a group of people. Eva is, by the way, gorgeous. So literally I'm walking back and I had to pass Eva. Me and Eva lock eyes. Then she stops talking to the people and it's like, oh my god, hey, bitch embraces me, and I was like, does she see my clip online? Does she know who I am? Or she just gonna do that. I'm like, do you love me? No, I'm not gonna lie. Normally were we these like everyone's flirting with her, bitch. I don't care how if she was or not. I'm saying evil on Glory was flirting with me. So anyway, she goes and she embraces me and gives me a hug, and she's like, so good to see you. And I was like, bitch, good to see you. Okay, I just say it like that, but I just smiled. I was nice. So as soon as I leave her, bitch, you would have thought I just met god bitch, I was like, my heart was beating like a little fast, and I was like, so you're a little social hold on, she's thumping, heart pumping. So I go over to Charla and I'm like, I want her, I said, and she knows me. Don't know how she knows me or don't know if she was just being nice, but she stopped talking to the people embraced me, and I was like, I didn't know I loved evil loungorid like this, I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 3: She had that energy. She had that energy.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I go and I'm like, y'all, I'm sliding in them gms. When I tell you, Charlotte. Everyone was like, don't you do that. I was like, don't you slide on her? Dem don't And I was like, could I do it, just real nicely, like let me do it.
Speaker 3: He's like, don't slide in evil Loungaria DM.
Speaker 1: I said, fine.
Speaker 3: So we're the last to speak at this I Heeart dinner.
Speaker 1: And we go up.
Speaker 3: I'm holding the book and I immediately go.
Speaker 1: And shout out that I don't that it's fucked them kids for life. This is mine. He was speech in front of all the execs and everything, and I pretty much shout out Charlamagne for being my baby daddy. I guess we're kind of in a thruffle cause I'm like, Charlot, I don't want kids, but you allowing us on this journey to write a book. This is now my baby, this is my legacy, and I want to thank you. So we start talking about the book.
Speaker 2: We might as well have been sexy read the second we started talking about so we're like, we're like, ooh, it's ronchy is this? So Will asked the question and we reposed a question. Weezy said, here's a good question to ask us. If anybody could read the book, who would you want to read it? So Weezy go ahead and share your part. So while we're up there, we're basically speaking to people in between courses. So as each course come out, they have like a different piece of I heart talent coming out. So Malcolm spoke, Quest spoke, Charlis poke, and then white folks and then us. So once I get up there, I said, well, even though I would love to see Malcolm Gladwell's face reading the world word pussy out of our book, I'm going to go with Eva Longoria because I read once in an article that she said she was irritated that men don't know how to please women.
Speaker 1: But she looked like I said, and I said, smile. She smiled. Maybe she's like maybe I said that, And I was like, yeah, I love her to read our book. So she gets off, she get up. We don't know she she gets up and comes and joins us. I've just met, Like, oh, well, we'll get you a book, girl. No. She she stands up, smiling and joins us in front of everyone, and here go Weezy impum two. If you've been listening to the pod anytime we had a guest, Weezy was like, pick a number from zero two, so no, from one to three hundred, and she's like, okay, Eva Longoria says fifteen. I was like, I don't think. I don't think anyone has picked a number that long. Fifteen is like yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I hope, I said, it's usually forty plus.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy. So that's when I as soon as she says fifteen, I was like.
Speaker 2: Let me read you what's on page fifteen, y'all, which, by the way, the start of page fifteen was a dud for a second.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no. First words.
Speaker 3: The first words.
Speaker 2: The first words are the only thing that can seal me up. And I was like, okay, this is about to turn up. So then we try to find, you know, obviously a good entry point for it. So I'm like, okay, Eva, this is about masturbation. Masturbation can release sexual tension. That's what she That's what she read. No, so you were at something said dump the thumb thump is now the sound of my heart pounding after I've come.
Speaker 1: This is what she read alone and satisfy.
Speaker 2: Satisfied tells you this is when people starting to take their phones out.
Speaker 1: Bro. So she literally is is thump thump thumping. Like reading that sentence, Eva goes, oh my god, let me read. So Luckily there's those bullet points. And so in front of all these execs, we have Eva Longoria read the benefits of masturbation at dinner. It was so good. It came up to shar and I said, do you remember when you sniffed j Low's chair? Oh god, that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Mike was right there, I know, he was like, wait, we got to get into some key that happened and can I wasn't really a part of it, but we saw in the breakfast the whole thing with Blake Lee Thornton.
Speaker 1: Oh. I just talked to Sean about my thoughts on it. But I know that's your friends, so it will be nice. So because I was like, oh no, he didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 3: We should talk about that etiquette too, because I think he was wrong.
Speaker 1: You feel listen to that situation, I don't think. Oh okay, so let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we're head that doesn't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: So I don't know him well, but I'm a fan and I actually wanted to produce his pod back in the day. We were gonna makebe figure out if he would make a solo one. Now shout out to Blakelee Thornton.
Speaker 1: He's a really dope influencer and he covered the met gala carpet. That's how a lot of people recently found him. So, uh shared a store. We were supposed to do their pod now was week that was whose podcast it was? So I don't know him. So long story short. We are hanging out on Wednesday night and can club. Oh no. His wife was like, I can't never get him to go out, but he might go to a dec D Nights party.
Speaker 2: I'm like, fuck it, let's go out. We meet up with Debbie's Brown birthday. Should we have a little dinner. We walk across the street to Club Quarantine, which d Nice does every year in Dan and basically he redes his thing.
Speaker 1: He did on IG. When we first walked in, it was a little bit oldheadish. It was like just oldies. I will say. Mary J. Blige walked in and that did pique my interest. I was like, oh, but it was just like you know, but then it started getting young and cool. So for some reason, for some reason, people were being brought to different tables. JB.
Speaker 2: Smooth or No One. If you don't know who that is, he was in, curb your enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: He's black, dude.
Speaker 2: People brought someone brought Lucky Day, Steve Stout came over. People kept being brought to Charlotte's section. Now, everything during Canned Week is this long in the week is free except for bottle service. But all the cocktails were free, right.
Speaker 1: But not bottle service. So that it's very it's very important it is. But I don't know if I would have known that. So let me elaborate. Blakely did not walk into the section. He was brought into the section. Blakelee, by the way, is a man. Just want to add that context. He was brought into the section. Again.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that was happening. He's not lying about that. Now, me and Nina Park are sitting together. We're saying, hey, we're chatting it out with Blakelee. Whatever bottles come out.
Speaker 1: I didn't see this.
Speaker 2: I'm repeating what I heard what Charlotte name Blakeley said on their instagram. Huh, Charlotte does buy bottles of Dom, and I remember he came over to me.
Speaker 1: He goes, what do you want to drink three at twenty hundred dollars a piece? Yes, he said, do you want vodka ort tequila? I said, I'm not drinking as a matter of fact, because my man wants tequila. But don't even buy anything. We'll go to the bar. It's free.
Speaker 2: He just gets the Dom for him, Dolly and his wife. Blakelee has a toast with everybody. I don't see this because I really think Crystal Waters was on and I was in my household. So i get on my phone still in France, and I'm seeing Charlotte. Man hit me like I'm homophobic now, and I'm like, yes, what's going on? So Blake Lee basically is like Charlotte said to me, you know you're drinking my bottles?
Speaker 1: Dog and Blake Lee was wearing thigh high boots.
Speaker 2: Yep, they were flat, they weren't heels, and he said he was being homophobic for doing that.
Speaker 1: I hated that. Then he said shout out and I was like, ah, So Charlotte responded on the Bronx, No, I'm brilliant Idiots club.
Speaker 2: I watched a breakfast I watched his brilliant idiots, he said with justin envy and baby gave me doc here of the day. It wasn't like a dog. I don't think it was doc here the day. But he was like, how am I homophobic?
Speaker 1: Et cetera. I agree. Blakelee hit me like, yo, are you good? Like are we good? Or over this?
Speaker 4: I'm like, it was a breakfast court, breakfast club court, that's court, all right, okay?
Speaker 1: And I'm like yeah, I mean, I think he was joking, but it didn't come off funny because char really didn't know him at the time, and it got really awkward in this whole exchange. Now, while he was there, I will say there were maybe fifty other people that came.
Speaker 2: People were walking in and out of Charlemagne's section, maybe not fifty, maybe twenty, but anyone of influenced. I guess they just kept getting sent over to the celebrity tables, and so I really will stand on believing he thought the bottle was free. However, I don't think that makes Charlot homophobe, even if it was a joke, for being like, I don't think it's ever a joke the contact someone there maybe only were eight people in the section, so the segment was not my thing.
Speaker 1: My thing. There is club etiquette. This is Charlemagne's table. Charlemagne is a man. Whether you are gay, straight, yellow, purple, whatever, if you are a man, you should not be reaching into another man's bottles pouring your own drink without putting in. Oh, I don't even think it's a man. Excuse me. Nope, don't agree. I think fuck putting in.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna be at someone's table, I don't give a fucking fee. The baddest visial world you ask, can I make myself a cocktail?
Speaker 1: No? Either either or yet not speaking is awkward, and I think that that's the thing on brilliant idiots. He led to the fact that even him saying your name on the clip, Charlotte man was like, we didn't even introduce me to this guy. He comes over and is the as they're doing the toes Charlotte's, Like the waitress asked if it's okay for a drink, he said yeah. He he told him this is my bottle, a after he reached to make his own drink, which I agree, like, bro, if you don't know nobody at this table, like you just reached him making your own eye and that's the thing, right.
Speaker 2: I think he thought, I'm going to say this, and I don't know Blakely well, but I'm going to assume because I can't see why he made that comment otherwise. I think he thought all of the celebs were getting sat together, and I think he thought there's charlott and Nina Parker, and I.
Speaker 1: Think he and he got brought into it. He did not jump in there to say, hey to me, your Nina. At the end of the day, he a goofy ass, goof leaning into homophobia and making that a comment because the man said, hey, brother, that's my bottle. It wasn't. He didn't call you out your name, He didn't sit here and say you couldn't be here because of your sexuality. I think that it's very irresponsible to start labeling people in that manner, especially when you went a club and hey, brother, the Saint Shoe bottle, it's mine. And it's funny because talking to Charlamagne at the breakfast club, he was like, bro, I didn't even know how expensive the bottles were. He said they were twenty four hundred yuo. So it was easily about a seven eight thousand dollars check for three bottles. And he was like, man, well, I'm here now, I'm celebrating Debbie's birthday, and so I just thank it, you know, I just think I just think the labeling of him as a homophone like and that that's unfortunately what makes this space kind of difficult, Like there are a lot of black men, Charlotte being one who's very inclusive and welcoming to all people, so you don't want to like put out that narrative, even even the cloth that he's getting like like around it. I just hate that his his thing was to lean into the homophones. A twenty eight hundred dollars bottle, by the way, bruh, dog bruh.
Speaker 3: Charlie got it.
Speaker 1: Rich as I think it's a fair the.
Speaker 3: Fair, like, hey, my brother, this is my bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. I'm looking at every ounce of that. I said, I feel really embarrassed. I really wouldn't ever bring someone in your section section. I said, this is my next thing. Oh my god, not you, and just getting attacked primly. Oh, I'm not gonna lie. It's so funny. Alex is a great point. Hey, Alex, I'm Brilliant.
Speaker 3: Idiots Alex Mark.
Speaker 1: When I saw him say Charlaonmae's I'm like, I want now you gotta go breakfast club. Now, you guys, you gotta you gotta get on your partner. Alex was on Brilliant Idiots talking about well, he's saying he cool with Weezy. That means Weezy need to put on that bottle.
Speaker 3: Go ahead of send we the invoice for a portion of that bottle. That's what Alex said.
Speaker 1: Friend, So Alex said, go ahead of charge. That was man. Yeah, but bro find it out water bottles all night and I was dancing for four hours. Please, but I'll say this, I said. I me and Blakely were talking and I was like, listen.
Speaker 2: I was like, Charla Way is feeling hurt because he really is not that nigga. And I said, but I do think you should send bottles to Charlemagne on some drake shit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that he should.
Speaker 2: And I think like, look, I've been a fan of his content for maybe two or three years, and then the look as though I think he could get it for about one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh he should go ahead of the dog and the hook of the whole bottle.
Speaker 2: So I think people can miss, and I think that one just happened to be a miss because all of his content hits for me, he'd be calling out the White House.
Speaker 1: He does a very good job at calling out who needs to be called out. But that joke just didn't land because I really don't think she is that nigga. He asked, why are you leading into it being a joke? It's a joke. He seemed offended, and he called a man homophobic. I don't think that was a joke. I mean, I'm hoping it was a joke, okay, because I don't. I wouldn't have spoken because he made the dawn joke. You know, I'm i sss upbout his boots and I'm just like, maybe that was it, but okay, So here I do want to talk about the free ship in Can a little bit because at one point, bitch, there was a whole day. I haven't had a day in a while, and I challenge everyone to do this day. I talk about this in our master class, which you can go get. It's free if you ordered the book before July.
Speaker 2: First you need to try to have a zero dollar spend day. I was able to do it in Campo Holy multiple days.
Speaker 1: First of all, we got to Friday and I said, I've been here since Monday in Can because I spent two days the niece. Literally we got to Thursday and I was like, bro, we may have paid for two meals, drinks, meals, everything.
Speaker 2: Its basically just taking over every single portion of the beach, taking over a restaurant and point.
Speaker 1: IHeart the iHeart cafe. I'm thinking it's just the dinner Mandy night rat when I walk back in there.
Speaker 2: Nope, stays all day, all day. And when a check didn't come, my nigga looking at me, he said, hold on, let's go. And actually we do want to representde it.
Speaker 1: I don't want house to get I got it again, nigga, I couldn't believe it. I did want to talk about this little moment I had in Germany. So I told you, I don't know if I told you in person that I saw Old Day in Europe the first time in two years. I'm gonna do a little solo episode on Patreon because we need that catch up Nigga him giving Miami and a hug and saying, treat her well. We'll get in read anyway, We'll get into it. It's that time of year again as since best is almost here and at and t dreaming Black is doing it big for the culture once again. This year, it's all about celebrating who we are, fostering connections and inspiring creativity because we made for this culture, and celeb writing. Individuality is deeply important to me because they each shape how we express ourselves. While connecting with others. On the podcast Decisions Decisions, I create space for real, unfiltered conversations that honor diversity, encourage self discovery, and celebrate what makes each of us different while sharing my truth. Individuality and culture are such a big part of my life because every day I prove that we are not a monolith. From my aesthetic, my favorite hobbies to the music I love, I'm a constant reminder to everyone you can be exactly who you are on the podcast. My Authentic Living is a true testimony to being any version of yourself out loud, and there is no better place to celebrate your individuality out loud than at Essence Fast. AT and T is bringing the vibes all week in law from exclusive giveaways, next level performances, and in partnership with the Black Effect Podcast Network, a live taping of our show Decisions Decisions. Yes, y'all will be with us live in person on the AT and T Dream and Black Stage. Whether you're into boss moves, cultural moments, or just feeding your soul, AT and T will have something for you at Essence FST and we are excited to be a part of it. We are turning up in New Orleans this summer, so come and celebrate with us and don't miss our live taping on July fifth in the Convention Center on the AT and T Dream and Blackstage. See you there.
Speaker 3: Connecting changes everything Well.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do a quick story about getting to can because while these white prices are pricing, while the weather is weathering, while we may be entering World War three and don't have access to go to other countries. Because she keep getting on the band list. So y'all know I're living Atlanta now, and so I was like, oh, okay, where normally I got to add on the tail in last year, I had it on the tail end and didn't say Trumpe and was like, ooh, well, this year I had to come back because I had to host Juneteenth on the East Shout out to JB, shout out to the entire city of Oklahoma City, like it was really dope. And now y'all are NBA champs as well. Ay, And so literally I'm like, okay, I'm gonna leave Thursday. I'm gonna get to Nice on Friday, so I have a day in Nice and then Saturday I'm gonna do a Dan Monaco and then I had to can on Sunday. Y'all. I get to the airport. My flight is at eight fifty pm on Thursday. It gets it gets good, It gets good. This is a script. Okay, I'm gonna make this into a fucking sketch comedy. If Kemp Pill was still on, I'd be like, hey, guys, I got one for you. So I get a direct flight from Atlanta to Nise. Not sure how I was like, oh, thank God, because I did not want to do all the la in Europe. So I get a direct flight from Atlanta Tonise leaving Thursday, getting in Friday at noon. I said, this is perfect. So I get to the airport, get there a little early because my luggage is heavy. I'm bringing books. It's fucking it's I'm like, this is a heavy, goddamn luggage. So I get there early, go to the lounge. It like it's delayed, Like okay, supposed to be a fifty. It gets turned to nine thirty. Okay. I get to the gate at nine thirty. They're like, well it's now ten fifteen. Okay, we start boarding. Get on the plane.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, good, we're getting out of here.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I might get get in it like one or two whatever, Get.
Speaker 1: On the plane. I'm sitting here talking to the guy next to me. Cool ass, white dude, tat it up, bitch. He gives me the nude beach. I don't know how we got here to the nude beach, but clearly he saw it was one of those. He gives me the nude beach. A nie. I said, yo, we gotta go to the new beach. We sitting there talking, drinking our wine, getting ready to take off. I'm like, okay, let me put on a movie. I can fall asleep too. I put on Ten Things I Hate About You. Oh, good movie, such a good movie. None of them looked like high schoolers. I was like, whoa, how do we hear? Anyways, So watching ten Things I Hate About You, we go to take off. I'm like, okay, I fall asleep. Fall asleep in the middle of ten Things I Hate about You, I get woken up by Okay, guys, we'll be going to the gate. Da da da da. Please make sure you take everything off with you. I'm scared. I'm like, buddie, we had to land in another country. Like, what you mean were going to the gate. I'm like, I'm freaking out. A nigga a bish beIN sleep. No, it is one thirty in the morning. We never left goddamn Atlanta. We're going back to the gate because the hours was it from when it was taxi, Well, the flight was already delayed by like two hours, and then I guess we were on the tarmac for about another hour hour and a half. Ooh, Like weather was bad. That sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was so it's it's one thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: So we all get off and they're just telling us, Hey, guys, they'll let you know up details at the gate, y'all. This is Delta. By the way, I preface that because what happened next made me question who the fuck I was lying. So we get out to the gate, and in the most Atlanta fashion, because we have no answers, she says, check in, check in, Hello, Hello. I'm just gonna let y'all know because y'all crew ain't had the balls to tell you. Literally, this is on the The reason y'all ain't taken off tonight is because they didn't want to take the trip.
Speaker 3: They timed out and said they don't want to take the trip.
Speaker 1: Suck. Let me tell y'all was about to happen. It's one thirty in the morning, which means we gotta find y'all a new crew. The chances of that happening at one thirty in the morning are very high. Give me five minutes, but do not come up here. Your crew chose not to take this flight. Give me five minutes. We're all sitting around and I'm like, okay, she said, give me five minutes. Come back on No Live five minutes later. All right, whatever number in email you use, there's a hotel voucher and food vouchers for y'all. Y'all gonna have to go stay in a hotel tonight because we don't think that y'all.
Speaker 3: Gonna be able to get out tonight.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking around, looking around, and they're like, okay, well, none of us can leave because even if we get hotels for tonight, we don't know what time we got to be back to the airport. So the funniest thing happens. Mind you, this is a direct flight to the south of France. I'm looking at people, look at these hotels. It's the La Quinta, it's the it's the red roof in hold On.
Speaker 3: So see, and here goes weezy. I think it's so easy. I can't stay that.
Speaker 1: So literally, I'm across and they're like, what kind of hotels do they think we're gonna stay at tonight? And I'm hearing all these bougie people look at the list of hold On and then they give us. Then they give us two food vouchers twelve dollars apiece, and let us know, y'all better go. The only thing open right now is McDonald's and they about to close. What are you in the morning. McDonald's is the only thing open, and everyone's like, I'm not staying at these hotels. But mind you, it's one thirty in the morning, so many of these hotels are already booked, like two or three options. So I'm listening to all these bourgie as people complain about not want to say at the Laquenza or the Holiday Inn. So then she comes back five minutes later, it is two o'clock in the morning, because she says, hey, guys, before we get a time that we can land, we have to call air traffic control because Nice is such a small airport they only allow one flight a day, so we need approval to land this plane for tomorrow. Shit bitch, She comes back. Flights officially been canceled, y'all. Y'all gotta figure out how to get there because they're not allowing two planes to land tomorrow and Nice so the desk is down the hall. Good luck, y'all. No, there's nothing she could do. She since now it's three hundred people literally at two thirty in the morning. Hold on, you're doing it too hold on. First off, I call the Diamond Line. I get booked on the next direct flight. I don't cause it's premium. I know, lucky there was one seat left in premium, so there was no extra charge. She put me on. I looked up. Here go Atlanta Airport. I'm in the international terminal. So y'all already sending people to hotels. Everyone's on the phone or lined up, and it's three hundred people. The fucking trains are down. It is a twenty three minute walk air trams. Oh shit, not only it is a twenty three minute walk. Oh my god, terminal E to motherfucking ground transportation. And then you know you got to call it Uba two thirty when I tell you so on the way. Walking on the way there, I'm like, well, let me call my hotel and niece cause they better give me a refund because I make it there covering. No. No, no, no, well I'll do I'm plotting them with Bear. So they said, no worries, I'll just modify the reservation. The Marriott was great, and so I'm walking and I'm like, wow, the growth. Normally I would have been pissed about. My blood pressure would have been hot I would have been like just miserable. And as I'm walking from twenty three minutes down all the goddamned terminals at the Atlanta Airport, I'm like, Giry, you came so far. I'm talking to myself at this point. It's three o'clock in the morning, and I'm like, you know how you normally respond to things, And I'm just like, in my mind, I'm genuinely like, I'm gonna make it there because I'm supposed to be there, and I'm like, there's a reason why we didn't get on that goddamn plane. True, it might be that the new final destination just dropped. I don't know. I've been just listen Bad Brother's Bad Brother, though. I've been saying I don't need the stress of doing that, and I was just like a good attitude. So I got then, I got that. On Saturday, got to spend I ended up cutting out Monacos, but the whole day and Knees got to cam the next day.
Speaker 3: And I was just like everything the entire week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fine. No, When I say, yeah, everything that we said we wanted, the people we said we wanted to meet, we met.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, it's because I came into this week with that energy. It had to be and it was just like so great.
Speaker 1: But no, as I was sitting there, I think it was.
Speaker 3: I think it was just funny. First off, the lady at the gate talking like this is so plain.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: Though she did it, it's not her. It was three hundred people to attack her. And thank god, by the way, that you took a nap right before that long walk. At least you were arrested.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie rest imagine you didn't take it nap.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be cranky walking all the way down to the Brown Transportation.
Speaker 1: I told you.
Speaker 5: I got home because I forgot my toy and still masturbating. When I get home, I said, oh my god, cleaning.
Speaker 2: Really, they'll do anything you want. They gat meet up looking same liquid to ship. Bitch didn't say there and I said, sorry, this is what I book.
Speaker 1: They gave it back. I started ordering food that they wouldn't let me get. They gave it back. Yeah. I was like, you know what, I remember when I what was it? I was telling y'all, oh, when we were supposed to make it to another country, what was it? Vietnam, and then we couldn't get in with the visa and we were sitting in the airport like what do we do? Yeah? And you know what's hard of the same latitude, Like you know, it'starting together. We forgot to tell you about that too, because that almost happened to me a Crystal because we were traveling with Adriana. Adriana has a German passport, so she booked our routing to Vietnam. Bitch me and Crystal get there, they say, oh no, y'all, bitches need visas. Now we literally had that day.
Speaker 3: They will, y'all they're on a weekend. Y'all were there on a weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think if any fun travel stuff happened with us. No, but the one thing, obviously the Old Bay story is tea, but that's a whole episode. So there's this club I don't know if anyone's ever heard of it. Listening, it's called Berghein, And actually last week's episode with Jerry, she talks about going in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my man and I are playing this yer trip and he is very like he would rather travel to like Brazil, Japan or South Africa.
Speaker 3: I love that you get him to do everything he don't want to do the cruise in now Europe.
Speaker 2: Oh he loved Europe though, And it sound funny because when you were in pairs together, he's like, I get it now, baby, He's like, I see because he would make fun of me and be like, oh you like that white shit. The second he got there, he's like, I've seen more niggas than I thought I would like. So we get We've been listening to a lot of House and more recently Techno at a spot called Basement in New York, which I mentioned was in the Baby Girl movie for that crazy club scene. So we're like, all right, we gotta go to the real shit. And I have heard the real shit is in Berlin. This club called Berghein. Berghein is basically this I don't even know how to describe it. It's maybe five stories warehouse building, a five story dungeon imagine.
Speaker 1: So all he's the club. No, it's just a club, and it's open because you're a dungeon're a dungeon.
Speaker 2: But ohrs, But we'll talk about what's in there a little bit because I want to keep the code and get back in one day four days. The club is open, okay from Thursday to Monday. So we're like talking to people in Germany, like how do we get in? What's the best way to get in. I spoke to Liz Knebridch because she loves techno and she's like, tell you today, bitch, you get their Sunday morning, you have brunch. And then he stayed on London warning and I'm like what, So I was really worried.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't get in.
Speaker 2: The door guy whose name's Spenn, actually he was in john Wick for he's a well known doorman. He's in interviews. Everybody's terrified at this guy. I watched this interview they had to like dub it. He basically is like what I do is face control. You can't pay me.
Speaker 1: No one's gonna convince me you can get it.
Speaker 2: If I say no, it's me and a team of other people and we decide if you fit the energy for this club, and if you don't, you don't get in.
Speaker 1: If he says no, there's no talking. There's also tiktoks and Reddit threats where you can figure out how to get in.
Speaker 3: That's spin okay.
Speaker 1: So basically when they ask you how many people are you hold up the fingers.
Speaker 2: You don't speak. They look you up and down. They may ask you what dj you know? They may not they may say why are you here? Like you got to figure out your answer. You wear all black, you don't smoke in line, you don't get on the phone in line.
Speaker 1: If you can google rules. I'm telling you this is what I know. This is insane.
Speaker 4: This man looks by the way all the audio listen is very intimidating. Man face covered in tattoos, snake bites, gray beard and looks like would crushed by school at Harby.
Speaker 1: And then something interesting he said. He's like, listen, uh, there's places I can't get into because of how he looks. Right for ta to tase.
Speaker 2: He's like, so there's just places you can't get into, like if you don't get the vibe in it. So me and my man get there around four pm on a Sunday. We heard that's when the line is low, because you may be in hours for three hours in line. But it's the best club in the world, they say Elon Musk got rejected.
Speaker 1: It's a whole thing. You can't get it. Not that attractive. No tables just to say, like, you could be the richest man in the world. Right. So we're watching people get turned away and my niggas like damn, like they kind of look like they fit, Like why the fuck they get it? So then we get closer, He's like, we don't need niggas in this line. We get ain't no way, I'll blow this shit up. Not getting in is the fucking culture of this club. So we get to the door. I'm thinking this guy is the urban myth. I'm thinking because he's been working at twenty years. I'm not thinking we all see him, bitch, we see you. And I'm like, oh fuck, because there are other door guys people talk about, but this is the one. My man's wearing black, black pans, thick, chunky, like those big botaga booze, and just some cool shit. He got his shirt open a little bit so you might see a little nipple ring. I was just wearing all black and leather. So the door guys look at us, say how many? They look us up and down. He says something in German to the guy next to him. Then they pull out spend he's the main guy. He's looking us up and down. They start talking to each other. Bro, I didn't know it was gonna take this long. So I'm swimming, bitch, I'm like, oh my god, this feels like racism and oppression. This is too much. And then finally it's just boom one head nod and does this like go in. Well, you can't say anything, you know, So we're just walking in and he squeezing them olve and I'm like, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. They cover your phones. This is, by the way, German thing phones covered.
Speaker 2: First thing I see when I get in, literally a dude with his dick out and wearing wristlets to hold his phone on his ankles.
Speaker 1: Did he go in with his dick out? Not set?
Speaker 2: But this was another tip I got for anyone going to berg Hine. So you bring a bag with you and they know you're gonna change. The first floor is the cod check.
Speaker 1: The code check is so full because everybody's getting undressed. So now at this point I told all like, I'm taking my pants off, like now I want to get undressed. So I'm thinking I'm about to walk into a sex club. It's not a sex club, but I don't know what to call it. You walk in it's a nude club. It's not even a nude club.
Speaker 3: If you saw a whole dick, girl, it's a nude club.
Speaker 1: People wearing clothes, some people are not, some people have their tips out. I don't know what it is a club, so my nudity, it's not. You saw dick a titty the club. It has no rules period. A club with no rules. No, so you cut a stuff your man dick in the club. I'm gonna tell you what I saw a little bit. Oh, I'm gonna tell you everything. This is a sex club, bro. It's not as like, okay, we're not going to label it like how. People don't want to be lax, so they say it is at the best club of the world.
Speaker 2: And I was talking to this black girl in the bathroom who she doesn't know me or you, but she was like, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like you do something with someone someone hold I know you. And I'm like, okay, maybe. So I was like, what do you think? She was like, I only came here because I heard it was hard to get in and I wanted to know I could get in. She was like, but.
Speaker 2: I hate techno and I hate house music. She's like, I fucking I cannot believe how much I love this thing. She's like, it is just the weirdest energy. So basically we start walking through the club and my man and I were still geeked off the fact that we got in this shit. We want to talk about it, like why are you looking at this a long?
Speaker 1: Did he say? Nigga? What did you say?
Speaker 2: So we're walking by and there's these little inlets like it looks like closets but with no door, private rooms, but only one two people could fit in, like literally if it looked like a box, like if you walked in, someone that got in there would have to squeeze and be suffocated.
Speaker 1: Or put their dick in you yep, And that's what I saw. And oh, so we're looking at it and I'm like, okay, I need to get high out. I need to do some drugs. Now, do some drugs. So I'm trying to go to the bathroom and do my drugs like a good person. And then finally I'm waiting online and someone just pulls some shit out. She says, would you like some spid? Do some spid? I was like, oh no, and I will go do my ecstasy alone. Ye go back out and it's like, it's five forty five the club closed at eight am to night. It's five forty five pm. He's like, what are we gonna do? I'm like, I don't know, dude. It is wild. I've never seen anything like this in my life. I'm like, I got to get out of here. Let's go get a drink. I go get a drink. I'm waiting on the bartender. Bartender is standing next to three on the bartender is wearing like all techno clothing, and another one comes out fully naked with a huge, huge rabbit's foot hanging from the chain on his dick, and he says, oh, but are you from would you like to drink? And I'm like, dick water, I don't bitch? What dick out? Bitch? Wait? Are all the bottles okay? Sorry, this is where my mom went. Are all the bottles at least on the wall, like above them? Because all I'm thinking is, as a former bartender, sometimes it's down anywhere else is his dick slanging possibly touching the tops of the bottles where it pours out.
Speaker 4: I just would like to also, also, is it like sacrilegious to share bottles there? Because that was a problem earlier in this Oh.
Speaker 1: There's no tables, okay, everyone, there's no tables. There's no way you can pay to get there is no exclusive No. I don't know, honestly, unless the bottle are coming from above you, I don't know if I want a dick slinging bye ma ba.
Speaker 2: Well, no choice match. And you know what else is crazy? This club is so true to the fact that no one's above anyone. When the DJ walked in, he walked in through the front door, I saw people bugging out about him. No oh well, he then climbed up a ladder to get to a section, to put his things down, and climb down the ladder to get to the fucking bro best anciste I've ever heard, I've never I was just wow, it was a lot.
Speaker 1: And then it's an unlabeled sex club. I think it's just a very pre for all love call free. I really don't think it's a sex sob. I swear to God, like if there's no there's no, there's no. But there's no way of fun. There's clearly a lot of places as the bathroom a little slits in a world. I think it's them all. It's just cool to me.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: To me, though I think it's to me, I would say, and maybe because we we in Europe. But to me, if I'm going to a place that's not a sex club, like you and I are liberated. To me, if I'm going to a club, I don't believe that I'm going to see anybody's dick or anyone's think Like to me, that's like there's that sexual assault technically their sex.
Speaker 2: It's to rest why that is why all of these people are judged based on if they fit the vibe. Maybe you will see four fucking niggas fucking each other. Are you gonna be weird about it? I don't know how one guy with face tattoos can determine it. Well no, no, no, no, apparently, And I don't know because now after we got in we've just been googling, like trying to figure out about this club. There's a rumor online that he's been paid to like do the most.
Speaker 1: Like curate vibes and like do shit like that. Like I actually think that you can do that.
Speaker 2: I think for twenty years, if you've been running one of the most well known clubs in the world, Yes, I do think you can do that.
Speaker 1: I think I could look at somebody and be like, you ain't about this life one hundred percent. I think we all can do that. And I think in my in my first thirty seconds of just looking at someone where you can't say words, which means you can't have a conversation and you're just looking at energy, has energy bro. For example, there's a clip of Peggy Goose, she's a really dope DJ who is talking to another DJ in BBC and the girl goes, how do I get in? She was like, you gotta look ready, and the other girl are you huh? I agree, I agree, I think you gotta know. So then we start talking about this. Right. I talked to my homeboy who runs Jerk and Joel Off shout out to Sante. He's like, damn, nigga, you got in. I didn't get in, And I'm like.
Speaker 2: Hell because I'm thinking he's a handsome looking guy and he's like I had so many people I was with, So I'm like, all right, now, I don't think he means black shit. I think he means he throws the afrobeats party basically, right, Afrobe's anshult.
Speaker 1: So if you bring a niggas from the club with you. How are they dressed? Are they dressed in just like regularly? Shit? Like what they looking like?
Speaker 2: Because you really got to fit the bill for people that like this music, for people that do this, like you can't look like a first timer. And I heard them say to the guy before us, have you been here before? And he said no, and they talked and then they.
Speaker 1: Still let him in. But he kind of a little life vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that if more people did this instead of being for example, little Sisters Adore in New York that a lot of people can't get into. They're known notoriously for letting in skinny model girls and it's turned into this whole cool kid's culture.
Speaker 1: But it used to be a cool.
Speaker 2: Club, but it's not really anymore. What if it was just based off people that looked like they were ready to fucking dance and.
Speaker 1: That were cool, not hot, cool, that whatever, short, just a cool motherfucker instead of skinny model white.
Speaker 3: You just think even cool. But I think even cool. It's subjective.
Speaker 1: I do want to shout out to Okay, see because I found out cold they there's something called an unction and it's a thirty and up crowd. You cannot get it unless you are thirty plus and she's twenty seven.
Speaker 3: So she was like, oh, you gotta be thirty. And she said it like it was real old.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, did you go? I didn't. I was so tired. I had just lend it from France. I had to go from France. Okay, see the whole festival. I was like, ain't no way, I'm making it out. But she was telling me by the unction and I said, yea, I love that name. And what I'm realizing too is thirty enough crowds are loving R and B. It's why almost the only time I go out, even in Atlanta, were looking for the R and B parties And I'm like, damn, that's a good name, I said, because I like a little thirty up crowd. Although I do like my Wyans too, But the Wayians in the South dress a little too Yanish for me. Oh.
Speaker 2: I like Kawaiians everywhere doing you know what? Learn that in London the Wayans the like that culture of like drill, like nog the cdentral Sea. Look, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Hate it crossing people's street, Hate it not crossing the street. I don't like them.
Speaker 2: I'm walking down the Lower east Side. Yo, I'm sorry if I sound like a fucking Karen. Me and my nigga are mid thirties.
Speaker 1: The other day we saw some niggas we were walking in it. I said, get him out of here, go left. I don't want to, he laughed. He's like, I'm like eight niggas, bunched up, thirteen years old after school. You marijuana, get up in marijuana?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I ain't gonna need you to me.
Speaker 1: It's it's not for shown. I hate it the Jesus. And here's my problem with the Yan fashion in Atlanta. Like me and my friend now have a game where when we go out, we literally try to decipher who's hetero and who's not. The why in look is a mix between guess real hood. But in Atlanta they bedazzle ships and they wear ship no, and then it be crop top like you go white there. So I'm like, you know why under me in my head is like that, hold no, no, no, let me finish. It'll be bedazzled tight with the crow top and it's still a ski mask where it's ninety degree. That's okay for Atlanta. That's what that is it's the white. It looks like that's my life with this is the way. That's the look, the way the that's the way the drill rappers dressed. Don't like it, like you know, I don't like it. He is you know, like if you know, like you went to Paris for fact music.
Speaker 2: It's this thing I kate when rain into on accidents, basically just music day. It started in the seventies where free concerts were all over the streets in France, and now it's turned into people could just play music from their homes like you basically follow the street to different sounds.
Speaker 1: It's so much fun. So my whomeboy invites me to this party. Be on my nigga about the pull up. I want to say it was sponsored by Snipes or Nike and it's free. Right. We got up there, I see thirty niggas with Travis Scott Braids and Nike Tech. I said, we're not going They're gonna be shooting we are No, Wow, that's crazy. I'm going to daily paper, bitch. I'm going to motherfucker every day pop why I'm not going to ask shit, Y'all'm n exactly going to be trying to kill me. Oh, it's funny. I've been trying to figure out where to go in Atlanta because it's a mix. I do want to go where the Waiians are, not the ones that just like the Wayans, but y'all know I like me a little Wayian, so I've been trying to go there. And then also them's her crowd, so the cigar bars. So it's like been interesting to figure out where the hell just to go out where, Yeah, you know people you know makes sense. Yeah, let's get into y'all. We are now authors. We authors, Baby, We're gonna get into a little bit of the book to share with y'all some things, talk about it and really hopefully get y'all just as excited as we are that the book is now out, that you get to read all the things we shared.
Speaker 3: We'd be vulnerable on the podcast, but we even more vulnerable in the book.
Speaker 1: And listen, you may just be.
Speaker 2: A listener that doesn't really care about reading anything about us. You don't need to care about me and die it easy to read this. It's really that good of a book. I will say different compliments I received from this book. Last night when Shara hit me, he said, everyone that loved to say and will love this book. One of my other homegirls said, I kind of feel like I'm reading a self help book for help that I didn't ask for, but now I kind of like it. I like reading about tips about BDSM. She's like, I like reading about these heartbreak tips. She's like, I feel like I'm married, but just reading on how I should have done things feels good. And I think it's all of this juicy detail about someone that you don't know.
Speaker 1: But it's non fiction. When we read nonfiction, we're normally reading it to better our money or mental health. We never think about nonfiction for the sex. Yeah, so I'm like excited for you to dig in. I wanted to break up real quick some conversations for us based on the sections of the book, just so that we can maybe add some elements to it, tell them something they may not know, get deeper into something. So I wanted to start with pleasure, because pleasure outside of our introduction is where the book starts. And so for pleasure, I wanted you to share your favorite moment in the book from this section. Really, it could be a sense of a tip or a specific story about a certain person. So for me. Specifically, my three chapters and the Pleasure of Portion are about masturbation, being a unicorn on vacation, and anal sex, which I love. Y'all, actually has something to do with that chapter title. We literally leaned into something that was said on the podcast when Vinnie joined us. But can I put it back there? That's the title of that chapter. But I wanted to actually add because this is a story told on the podcast. Y'all remember when I took my solo trip to Mexico and became a unicorn for a couple and it was just super wonderful. This chapter, even though you've heard the story on the podcast, I kind of tied into the fact that so many of us maybe stop ourselves from exploring or doing things that we want to do because of how we think people will perceive us. So that chapter, the theme is about would this have happened if I came with friends? Would this have happened if I was thinking too much about what the people on the boat would.
Speaker 3: Have thought about me for staying on this island with strangers?
Speaker 1: Would I have got to experience this dope ass experience of a weekend? Had I let what public perception would have took about this experience from me, and so I really lean into hopefully the reader from that reading that chapter, the reader gets that, damn, how many times did I not shoot my shot because I was in fear of rejection? How many times did I not date this person because I just knew my friends wouldn't like him or my mama wouldn't like him, And I want to make all those people happy instead of choosing my own happiness first. So that was, like I would say, my favorite chapter of the pleasure section, but also the theme that I was able to bring around a story that y'all already heard on the pod.
Speaker 2: I think the pain section will be people's favorite because it jumps around. Oh no, I want to think it's no, no, no, I know I'm just saying, but I think the pleasure starting with the pleasure is really fun because when you pick up a book like this, that's what you respect read. I think for me one that I haven't really discussed the safety chapter. You don't really hear me talk a lot about, but I'm thinking about it because we did the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: This morning and I kind of forgot about how necessary it is.
Speaker 2: For so in the safety chapter I reference needing a devil and an angel on your shoulder. Mine is Vinnie and Brionda. And I know if I'm about to do some crazy shit, I'm gonna call any and he's gonna be like, bitch, go thought that nigga Brionda.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh my goodness, okay, well I'm here.
Speaker 2: She'll never tell me no, she'd never judge. And I think surrounding yourself with that community in your pleasure seeking journey, there does need to be someone else oden than you, because a lot of the inner turmoil I'd experienced with sexuality was because I didn't have anyone to relate to, and many times people kind of shame you for it, or you feel like they're gonna talk behind your back. Many of us have a group of a few friends, and I actually just recently said, I don't know if you've had this experience recently, but it's such a good place of comfort. My all girls are in a group chat with me and I was telling them something don't lie did and they were about to go to lunch. I was like, I don know, y'all, I was about to talk about me and they were like, olla, well, and we are with a smile, and I was like, damn, I am in such a good safe place, and you don't really.
Speaker 1: Get here till you're in your thirties. Right, there's always a bitch you can't staying something wrong, And it feels good to know that I've built that for myself, much like Chosen Family. So in the pleasure chapter, just knowing I got to do something fun and then sneaking call a friend and having that safety net, like, it didn't hit me that that was that pivotal for this book. Now there's the off the cuss question. There's sex throughout the book. Is there a sexual experience or story that you wish made the book cheating all old Bay? Probably okay, okay for me, I think, And I questioned myself, y'all know, I told y'all a story about the editor not allowing me to be the bi sexual bitch that I am. Yeah, And so I did at one point want to make a story about my frivolous casual sex with women because back in Miami. And it's so funny because this story just I don't remember who I was talking to. I think I was talking to somebody who No, it would have been a new story. It would have been a new chapter. But I remember having this conversation about what the club scene is like now, and I was like, yeah, man, back when I lived in Miami, I remember being able to eat couci in the in the bathroom saws. They were like, wait, how did you eat pussy in the bathroom sauce. I said, yo, I did it twice, No, maybe three times twice in play well, okay, I did it twice and play.
Speaker 3: Once it Jerry's if y'all know Jerry's, if y'all in your thirties. Jerry's was the.
Speaker 1: Diner on South Beach that is no longer open, and then I ate Pussy. I shared the story a story. No story was this side of the beach. No, it was down on the other side. And then I ate Pussy. Y'all heard the story when I went to Tutsis and so I'm literally like talking about the clubs and I was like, yeah, I used to pussy the stalls da da, And so I go to start talking about like my ex girlfriend and me that I dated when I was.
Speaker 3: In Miami and what that, and I was like, damn, okay.
Speaker 1: I realized that there was this questionable part of me, and it didn't make it in there because I was like, I'm not changing none of my chapters, but for me, I was like, damn, if I really could have shared all the wild, random sex with women I had, like on the dock and tootsies and stalls, I was like, wow, I actually don't have those stories with a lot of men, Like Bro.
Speaker 2: That's because of safety. That's a good point to like ring up. And so I don't know if it was safety, no, no, no, no, Bro were in the bathroom, I was on my knees like crazy. They could take me to give me head, and for some reason, niggas made me feel insafe. I don't know if I was letting man just take me in the bathroom and do shit strangers, yes, I mean my niggas. Yes, I've done it with like people that I know what you're saying. Safety is your thing, Okay.
Speaker 1: Like the way that I've learned how women respond to me, it's not because I'm the baddest man in world, even though i'd like to think. So. Women feel safer with women, like we're fucking area of sault. So we were able to eat each other pussy because we feel safe in the club safety O show us. Also all the women who have sucked digging a club, good for you, but yeah, you're right safe spacey plussy in a club.
Speaker 2: By the way, the reason I would want to add the old Bay thing is because, oh, that sounds so suitable.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to say this out loud say it.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of people feel really bad for me after reding that chapter, and I had some bad moments, but I had another boyfriend I was okay, which I was really living it up like I thought he was going to be my central relationship because it looked so good on paper, and I didn't really think I needed.
Speaker 1: Much more for stability for me. In the beginning of.
Speaker 2: That relationship, I really didn't focus on I always thought everything could be fixed, which isn't true. Like I always just kind of thought, hey, great on paper, we'll fix this other shit, I'll go to therapy, I'll figure it out. But this is a great catch to the point where I didn't really care about much else. Now, I didn't need a relationship that badly. I was having so much fun in my life and it's stumbled on one. But at that particular time I met him I was coming off of Scissors rebounding a little bit, and I felt like I needed that with a man, and I felt like he was a perfect man for it, and I also had a lot of fun with him. But the chapter, when I read it back, and it's some one that people talked to me about the.
Speaker 1: Most, it does feel sad.
Speaker 2: But I really was getting fucked, like I had two other niggas, Like I really was giving my lick.
Speaker 1: Back in real time. But I felt like bringing it up in the chapter with Muddy, how terrible he was, so I needed people to know he wasn't shit. Before I told you that you, I didn't start until he started. Guess crazy. Sorry for pain, we talk enjoyment, consequences, and trauma. Why did we and I want to talk to the to the audience here. Why did we feel it was important in this pain section to include BDSM or the pleasure of pain? I think it was because we definitely knew we didn't want to make this book too dark, and so yeah, the way of making it fun pain pleasure like it went hand in hand and someone and sometimes, to be truthful, when I say pleasure and pain, I don't think of heartbreak, pain I think of sex pain. So I think when the reader picks this up, they're like, ooh, pleasure and pain. So when you fucking hear about a story that's violent, you're like, oh shit, I think that is the unexpected party. I know we got our trigger warnings too, and I love that. Lauren on Breakfast Club was like, I really loved that y'all included these trigger warnings because when you're reading a book and you get into hearing about fucking a couple and eating pussy and taking dick in your ass, and then you get to a sexual assault chapter, it's like, WHOA, So you guys do have the trigger wanting to be able to flip through the book on your own time, because we definitely don't want to trigger you why you read this, But yeah, I was it was important for us to include that, and it's in the master class. I decided to do a whole breakdown of BDSM and then the dungeon that I'm actually speaking about in the book get the master class. I have a whole video in the exact room, so the way I described the space and what it looks like, you actually have a visual representation of the rig that suspended me in the air, and I literally also bring out the chastity belt that I put my exes Dick in, and you also get to see the thing that electrocuted me.
Speaker 3: So the electro play toy is there. Everything is in the master class.
Speaker 1: So again, make sure you get that it's only available till July first, and then for free, for free, for all of you out.
Speaker 3: Progression Healing is a journey. Where do you think you still have the most work to do?
Speaker 1: Like, even based on the stories you narrated in your progression part, is there anyone that still seems like a work in progress. I think.
Speaker 2: Myself is the work in progress for the story, particularly about depression and suicide and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm such a happy person in my day to day that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really come up often, but when it does, it's hard to get out of it because I'm so emotional when.
Speaker 1: I'm happy, I'm so happy. I'm not just content, I'm excited, and I'm screaming it at you.
Speaker 2: I feel like more recently in my life, just just said it to me when we were walking out of the Bakfast club. You look really good, and I was like, oh god, I'm just really happy. Like, that's my answers continually. I'm really happy and I feel it in and out, and I lost ten pounds.
Speaker 1: That added to it. Everybody keeps saying, oh, you look great, don't know you? I got it off. Now what I will say when those sad moments come.
Speaker 2: I then almost re tracked back to like this dark place of who I was, because it can really take me down. So some of the tools that I've used that I even talk about, how I talk about what my therapist did for me, automatic thoughts, how to fix them, sometimes I forget. I forget how to use them, and I really need to start practicing what I preach all the time. This week, we're gonna be doing so much extra work. I'm sure it may take my bad thoughts down. Like, for example, I don't know if this has ever happened to someone. It happened to me last night, and I was able to get through it. So I knew I had to go to bed by a certain time because make up was six forty five, with the breakfast club at nine whatever. Right around ten forty five, I'm like, Oh, if I keep staying up, I'm only gonna have seven hours and fifteen minutes. It's like, oh, if I'm still awake, I'm only have six hours to sleep. Then I went to the bathroom and I see the clock at four am. I'm like, oh, wow, so now I only have ninety minute. Like the way that my brain starts to spiral, it's so awful and I can't stop myself sometimes, And I think that is the biggest piece of work for me. How am I talking to myself when I'm stressed out? Why don't wake up every daytime?
Speaker 1: All? I just talked about going through the airport. That's the That's the thing that I'm like, so glad that I have in control.
Speaker 2: I did that a little bit when with the Reckfast club today, actually, and I helped myself, so I inverted the address, y'all.
Speaker 1: I left my house early. I was so proud of myself.
Speaker 2: Got to one twenty fifth instead of one twenty five West fifty fifth.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 1: Bruh.
Speaker 2: The second I started seeing horle, I'm like, this don't feel right. And after it got fixed, I'm looking at the clock. I'm watching it go from thirty two minutes to get there twenty nine minutes to get there.
Speaker 1: I'm late. I'm embarrassed, and I'm like, I go, oh, yeah, they were trying to start without you, and I was like, no, let's again, God right, only six minutes. You were forty minutes late. No, no, no, six minutes from when we were recording. Oh, as soon as you got there, we started. But yeah, I got there in nine thirty six. They said nine thirty start.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no this Yeah, they were ready to go at night.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they were ready going night. I'm glad. I didn't know that. It would have gave me anxiety. I literally had to say to myself, this is a mistake. It happened. If I start to get upset, then it's gonna throw the vibe oup with the both of us. It's gonna read on my face.
Speaker 2: I'm not able to help talk about this book because I'm gonna be so overworked and upset I can't think about it. I made a mistake. I got to accept my fate. I'm gonna get there. It's gonna be great. Everything will be okay. Like it's tough because we are our biggest critic and I'm about to tear myself up in the car and fuck all this shit up.
Speaker 1: Fuck all this energy up, not just for myself but everybody else around me. So like, yeah, my thoughts get dark, dude, and when they do, I've just got to learn how to be better about it. And talking about that in the book was very freeing, just about ay, like life goes on, everything wound up being good.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, that's that's where I've had the most work.
Speaker 1: I used to get worked on hoping that people showed up how I wanted them to show up, or do as I wanted them to do, or be who I wanted them to be, whether it be a partner, whether it be you, whether it be a friend, whether it be my mom, my dad, my dad. Definitely, that's a whole nother story. And now I just exist where I'm like people are in their own worlds. I have my own world. I can't make make anyone get out of the own world that they existed, I said, So I just have to exist with my own thoughts. I only have control over how I show up. And like I said, even when that plane canceled, I talked to my best friend the next morning. She's like, ooh, bitch, I know you was tight, And I said, actually, friend, I wasn't. Everything that happened was completely out of my control. And I said, the only thing that I could control was how I felt in the moment. And I said, at that moment, I made the decision, You're not gonna be mad. There was nothing you could do. You're gonna get home, you're gonna go to sleep, you're gonna take the flight tomorrow and hopefully everything works out. And that's been such a freeing thing to get to. Like I used to be in therapy, like I don't understand like why this, and I would just get so upset that things didn't happen the way I thought everything should happen. And now that I just be like, Okay, well there's nothing you can do. Don't even get mad at this person. Just allow them to be who they are. You are who you are. You can only control who you are. How do you want to be today? Do you want to be upset? Do you want your energybo? Do you want to be nasty? Because if you don't want to be, those things show up the way that like allows you to have a good day. And when I allow you, boy that having a good day, everything just kind of works out.
Speaker 2: Like I talked about this before bringing up the manifestation visualization rituals I did on the master class.
Speaker 1: But like in my story, I'm headed to the airport.
Speaker 2: I had to leave earlier because I had a meeting, so my man is still in bed on our original flight, but I had to get to New York, you know. And I'm tired because we went out the night before and we're all cutled up, and I gotta get up at six am. I'm on the way to the airport. Mandy, I'm not even joking. The Uber driver says, excuse me, excuse me.
Speaker 1: One moment and he points to the wheel of his car like outside, and I'm like, okay. One moment he starts to blow up his shit with a little bike pump. I'm like, dog, I'm fucking late. I'm already in a bad mood because I lost my first class seat because I switched to my flight.
Speaker 2: This is total rich people problems. And let me tell you something, I don't care this flight I paid for my seat on because I said, hey, Mandy and I are doing the breakfast club right after this trip, and we uppress every single day. I'm gonna spend this money on my seat because I deserve.
Speaker 1: To lay it down. Lost the seat because I had to fucking leave early, so fucking tire boom blows out.
Speaker 2: Then on the highway tire goes out again. I gotta get another uber. Thirteen minutes to get this other uber. It's me and the luggage. While I'm rolling the luggage to the car, there was so much cobblestone spalls off.
Speaker 1: Well fall up. It's now I'm lugging sixty pounds bag stressed Mandy, this ah get to the airport. Flight is at nine thirty. I'm there at eight twenty seven. You know, the bag don't go on if it's not an hour before I run. I get there. My seat was thirty four J not lying to you get to the thing? She answered, my ticket there's four A on the ticket and I'm like, oh my god, and she goes, I guess people didn't make it, so you got upgrade it to verse class, Nigga. I paid six hundred dollars for that seat. Do you know how much I paid for the one before? Forty seven? I was like, dog, this is just good karma, because you know what my text message was to my man about the about the flight. Fuck it, I said, this is shitty. I'm in a hot ass cart this nigga and got a c It's my second crid to grave on a highway and I wrote the God damn, I had a great time. Life is Good book comes out tomorrow. Boom.
Speaker 2: The way that we are starting to move through life, I don't know if it's something we could have done. In the beginning of the show, I had to chip on my shoulder about so many things. I've had so much anger, so much confusion. Why is it happening to me just letting that shit go? Like life is good, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to be tired this week. You're gonna get on my nerves. I'm gonna get on your nerve. Absolutely damn. I mean it already happened, you know, you know time to this, I'm I'm at the thing. She's like, girl, I went to Harlem. I switched to that address twenty four minutes away. I'm like, well the thing is so. I was just like, but you know, it was only Parson. I'm like, we got a long week. She gonna get here. And I literally was like, hey, you know I got anxiety to tell Mandy that because I know what she feels about.
Speaker 2: Time let alone fucking Charlamagne and breakfast club and is our first thing we stay back, and I hate that. That's the first place my brain went. But it's like, what are you gonna?
Speaker 1: What can you do? Man?
Speaker 2: You gotta just be happy. And at the end of the day, this shit just came out. I fucked up because when we still does the breakfast club it sucks. I was late, but this just happened, Like I really want to just feel good about my life instead of putting myself in this I hate everything mode.
Speaker 1: Every flight goes through turbulence, like you got to go through ship, not every flight with me all that, and I've been on some flights where I ain't feel a shake get to the first flight. Okay, where were you looking? I'm just I don't know. I went home. Let's be very clear. I live in Atlanta. That's that run you know, bring out in the city and there's you know jfkn or you know, you know you in that whole for hour.
Speaker 2: Atlanta's a really they set their airport up. Even though it's amazed, it's convenient to the city. That is one thing that Atlanta has.
Speaker 1: I was about to say or not if you got to go on the outskirts. I just happened to live centrally, but yeah, no, that shit is what happened. The last question that I want to ask, and I brought this up on the Breakfast Club, but it was just so powerful to me when I think about, like how everything pans out. So we're in the south of France. The last thing that I do for my trip, I went to like this beautiful villa. It's funny because I'm so American. I kept calling it the strip, but it's the quassette, oh right, strip, the strip, like the cossette. But I was like, yeah, I on the strip because that's what she used we used to call South Beach.
Speaker 2: Basically, the beach is a really long road, maybe it's like a mile and a half. You all the restaurants and you have all the shops.
Speaker 3: So colleagues, I called the trip a little like South Beach to me, just in the south of France.
Speaker 1: So I go to this thing. Shout out to Sharon. I was invited. She was on my flight, saw me sitting down. I got invited to do this salon culture conversation and it was just really dope that what's the company. It's salon culture conversations, A long culture conversation everything. I host something and I go to this villa up. Oh my god, it's so gorgeous. And we get to this last thing. It's like a kind of you know, relaxing thing for the end of the week. And this lady comes up and starts talking and heard her tone. Everything was just so beautiful. And she has this bag she starts handing around. She's like, pull out a card. People start pulling out cards, and I want to read the card. I literally took a picture of it because I was like wow. So I pull out this card and it said when did you know your story has power? And I immediately read it and my eyes get watery. And at this point I'm like, which is drunk? Like you had that much rose? Why is this making you so emotional? And it made me so emotional because immediately I'm like, my story is right here in this book, Like I knew it had power when I was able to quit my job and do this for a living, Like I quit my career in twenty nineteen, and I don't even want to call it a job because I fucking bust my in school for four years, got two degrees and was like, this is about to be my career. I finally made it, and now I left that and have been doing what I've been doing based on my story. Charlemagne doesn't give us the opportunity to have this book if we weren't sharing our story every goddamn week on this podcast. And so when I when I read that card in front of there was probably maybe twenty twenty five other people there, and I start sharing about this book and like what it is meant over the last year and a half to write it, what it's meant over the last eight years to be on a podcast to share it. And right before coming to this event, I met the Martinez on the strip and this girl comes up and it's like, Mandy, it's you. Her eyes start watering and she's like like like this, like she's like, I don't want to cry. I just want you to know that you helped me get through a really dark time with a breakup and just thank you. And then we just embraced, hugged and we both just started bawling, and I was like, that's when I knew my story had power. From the meet and greets to us going on tour to us really being able to meet the people that we've had impact on. I was like, maybe it's powerful. And I know, like people be in the comments and have their talks about we need to go to therapy, we'll be single forever. No, it's gonna want us well or me whatever. I'll speak for myself. It's just really it meant so much to not only pull this card but get that story right before it and now all week we get to talk about our goddamn stories in a motherfucking book and for it to end with power to say power, that's what this book ends with. And I was like, oh my Gody hat Yonnavirus, I see you. And it's just been that. Everything has been like so amazing. So y'all getting the book this week, we're putting it in the air. We all thought, but we're gonna be New York Times bestsellers because we are, y'all rock with us. That's time what happened, I said, because we live in New York and it's time eight that too, that too. But I'm just really excited about this book. And I don't know if you have a different story, but I wanted to literally on that. I think it's how did you know your story has power? No? No, let's have not yet. Okay, good story. Well, guys, the book of that motherfuckers by the way, just got word. If you're listening to this, if you're listening to this today Brooklyn, we sold out, So we're excited to see y'all tonight at Word Bookstore in Brooklyn. However, if y'all want to see us in Philly, pull up Wednesday. That's tomorrow, the twenty fifth, y'all pull up to Uncle Bobby's and Philly. We will be there from seven to eight thirty signing books, meeting and greeting with y'all and really really excited to touch y'all and feel y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember what Saucy Santana said, what what meeting agreed? Charlottagne was like you outside, he's out just meeting a greeting.
Speaker 1: We meet in agreeting y'all at Uncle Bobby's on Wednesday, and then Thursday, y'all, we are at State Solid State Solid State Books there where we are having a conversation. So we and I will be joined by our co author Tempest X, and we will be having a conversation where y'all also get to do Q and A with us as well as signing your books. And then Friday, y'all, New Haven, Connecticut at the Pride Center, We'll be doing a conversation with what does it black girls read books to? Or black kids? Yeah? Hold on, let me make sure. Let me make sure I got cuz, y'all, I think my boyfriend parents going so that Connecticut. Will hold on, I want to make sure I get his name. Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 3: Kids with two d's read two so the kid Pig will be.
Speaker 1: Interviewing us about the process of writing the book, and then we will also be signing those also, if you are in Atlanta, meet me at forty fourth and third Bookstore on Sunday three pm, right after the brunch. Baby, I'll be there also with tempest X as well as a nice friend of mine moderating. And then weezy on Tuesday, coins and you got to go to Atlanta to La July Second. I'm gonna be with our girl, Shan Boody, our Reparations bookstore.
Speaker 2: Shan's gonna be interviewing me. But I thought it might be fun because my mom is there.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: A little I'm gonna do a little second, since she went viral for talking about stroking that I'm a man at Ralph's on Woolshir asked her.
Speaker 3: About that doubt that's crazy. No one that knows what my mom said.
Speaker 1: Every loves that. And guess what really really really excited to let y'all know, bitch, we will be at Essence Festival. We got a mother fucking lot this baby. There we go, There we go, there we go. Well, I want to wait till you sit down so I can shout out our sponsor. Well, shout out to AT and T driven Black Stage. Not only are they bringing us at the German Black Stage, we will be sitting with the Candy Burusts. Really excited to be talking to Candy. Y'all know I'm a housewives stand so we'll be having a conversation with her. And also AT and T is supporting us as authors. So if you come to Essence Festival, Wall supplies last. You can go to the AT and T booth and get No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. Also, right after our live show, we will be signing books, so you can bring it, you can buy it against the port of local bookstore or if you go to the marketplace at essenspest As Wall Supplies last you could pick it up. Yeah. Also believe us Guilla is also sponsoring books for that weekend as well, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we man, we're gonna be having some really cool talks about HIV, black women and how to stay safe, sponsored by Gilliad who are coughing some books for all the girls that need to read too.
Speaker 1: So come and see you some on Saturday. Inter you can, I can, I really ruin your walt and there you go, y'all. Thank y'all so much for tuning in to yet another episode of This is the This is the Hi