Speaker 1: Amy and TJ Presents Aubrey O'Day covering the Didy Trial. Hello, everybody, Welcome to Amy and TJ presents Aubrey O'Day covering the did He Trial on TJ Holmes. Here alongside my partner, my friend, my co host Amy Robok and we have robes being gotten helped along the way in covering this trial and getting some insights from Aubrey, of course, and we're going to continue that now after what was the last fool day of testimony we saw was one of the most highly anticipated days because of one of the most highly anticipated witnesses.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: We heard from rapper Kid Cutty, who briefly dated Cassie Ventura and he was on the stand there.
Speaker 2: The prosecution was hoping to.
Speaker 3: Corroborate what we heard from Cassie Ventura last week where she detailed what she went through and Kit Cutty was certainly there to witness some of it, and.
Speaker 2: He spilled what he saw to the jury.
Speaker 3: And Ariy, what did you make of Kid Cutty's testimony? Do you think he helped the prosecution's case?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, helped established rico, He established an organization. He discussed that when he received a call that they were in the home, that it was an accomplice. Another person with him, and also Capricorn, who was around during my time at making the band. So three people were in the house when he was called and told.
Speaker 2: That they were there. First off, got to say.
Speaker 4: Giving James Dean in the instrance into court, you know, smoking on a newpoort one hundred.
Speaker 2: You know, he's about to sit down and tell the whole world what he knows.
Speaker 1: You know, what did you make of that? I don't look he has his own style, his own thing. But I looked up and saw it and I'm not sure what it said to me, But what did it say to you? Leather motorcycle jacket, white, Yeah, smoking a cigarette going into this truck.
Speaker 2: It's very kid cutty.
Speaker 4: You know, he's not deviating from what he is who he is, you know, it's very on brand in my opinion. He's kind of like this outlier in the music industry. He's experimental and he basically just looked like this was you know, he was going to go up there and say what he knew. He also admitted to being you know, industry colleagues with Ditty, you know, thinking that they were cool and so to go through something like this to the extent of, you know, traumatizing an animal, locking him away, breaking through all of the presents in his house that were around, blowing up his car, and actually, prior to even this testimony, even them announcing him on the list, I had had conversations with various people that did make me aware of this situation. I was so curious how you blow up a car. The Molotov cocktail was then explained to me. I looked it up and learned what it was and how one would make something like that.
Speaker 2: But I think that.
Speaker 4: It's alarming and what it mostly did for people that aren't able to understand DV that that.
Speaker 2: You know, DV is a very intricate thing.
Speaker 4: It's very difficult for people to see some of Cassie's testimony during the cross examination in regards to messages that she sent, et cetera. If you can't understand how someone could be groomed and programmed to, you know, want to send specific things, in this case, sexualized conversation to get somebody to pay attention to her.
Speaker 3: And like her.
Speaker 4: You can definitely understand kid Cutty leaving his home having it not broken into which was a little bit of a you know, not a win, but it was a fight back with his defense team and cross examination. The door was open to me, I don't know that that establishes anything going into a home that doesn't belong to you, Whether the door is open or not, I'm not sure legally, what if that's still considered a break in?
Speaker 2: To me, if it's not your house, it's a break in. I don't know what the actual legality is on that.
Speaker 4: But they did establish that his door was open, and then they also established that there was no damage done to the home. And they also established, which was interesting to me, that do you think that you and Puff both got played by Cassie?
Speaker 2: And he did say yes, yeah, what do you?
Speaker 3: I saw that too.
Speaker 2: I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Was kid Cutty when you were there and you were around with making the band and Cassie was there?
Speaker 2: Did did did he have beefs with other rappers?
Speaker 3: Is this a common thing you saw with him and that Kid Cutty was just a part of it, obviously because of Cassie Ventur But is this all on brand for what you saw?
Speaker 4: Definitely on brand with what I saw, and definitely on brand with what we all saw in the nineties, I mean Diddy, and beefing with other rappers has gone all the way back to probably before this, but definitely very known publicly with Tupac and Biggie. There were rap beefs going on, there was shit being talked, there were threats being made to both of those people unfortunately lost their lives.
Speaker 2: So you know, yes, there's always been this bravado of.
Speaker 4: Threats and threats of violence within within the hip hop music industry. And I think that this is something a bit different because it's not a rap beef. It's not a beef amongst hip hop artists. This was a man that was dating a woman that was no longer with the guy, and it seems like this this really set up force and coercion. If you couldn't understand why Cassie didn't just get up and leave, and if you feel she had a choice, and if you feel that you know she.
Speaker 2: Stuck around because she wanted to be there, and that she she what didn't seem scared here here and here, well, this certainly clears it up for people. Sounds like a pretty scary guy.
Speaker 4: If you ask me, whether you're talking to an established artist like Kid Cutty or at a girlfriend like Cassie Ventura, It doesn't matter. There was threats of violence or violence in both cases allegedly to your.
Speaker 1: Point that, yes, given what they're trying to build here as a criminal enterprise, does that hurt? Yes, this stuff happened, But did they actually prove that Diddy was behind it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I read in the testimony that he knew that they were in his home because he received a call I believe by Capricorn. Capricorn was around during my time. She was one of the assistants that was very in the know of the troubling details of Ditty's behavior. Capricorn another person, and Puff was the three names that I saw that were rought to his house Capricorn against her will, is what I read.
Speaker 2: That's establishing three people inside of his home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their argument there was once Cuttie Kid cut he.
Speaker 2: Got there, they weren't there anymore.
Speaker 1: They weren't there, but a whole bunch of shit.
Speaker 2: In his house was fucked up. So who did that? That made the outside pool guy the landscape artist? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: See, we can piece it all together one percent. All this stuff looks bad, but in the in the do you get concerned that from a legal standpoint, we end up all this looks bad and yeah, surely he was involved with that, Like, yeah, we know he was, but did they prove the case?
Speaker 4: I think the prosecution is doing an incredible job at carefully establishing elements. They're they're methodically going through testimony, and they're leading us to the water. They're leading everybody to the drink. We have to leave space and room to understand that three people were named. Are we going to see Capricorn on the stand?
Speaker 2: I know she has a story.
Speaker 4: If you go back and look at her statement when all of this occurred, it was something to the extent on X She said something like.
Speaker 2: Basically, these people are horrific.
Speaker 4: They will act like they like you and then skin you and wear your skin like it's the latest fashion. It was pretty damning the way that Capricorn sees the establishment.
Speaker 3: All right, And we Capricorn did call Kid Cutty from Ditty's driveway to say that Diddy was inside the home, and of note, Diddy did not deny going into his home.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 3: And isn't Capricorn on the list for potential witnesses for the prosecution.
Speaker 2: I've heard she is, and.
Speaker 4: You know, she has a horrific story and when people hear about it. If they hear about it, it's absolutely going to work in the prosecution's favor in regards to force coercion.
Speaker 2: And Rico, tell us.
Speaker 3: What you know about Capricorn. You said she was around during your time, She was one of Ditty's assistants. What do you know about her? What was your experience with her?
Speaker 2: Capricorn was.
Speaker 4: So senior when we were around that she kind of was in charge of sending us places, telling in scheduling. She was mostly doing higher level stuff with Ditty, but we did see her a lot during making the band.
Speaker 2: It could be possible that she was abused herself. Well, here is what the quote was from Capricorn.
Speaker 3: They will skin you and wear you, baby girl, then pretend they never wanted the skin.
Speaker 2: Wow, can you and where you?
Speaker 4: And then pretend they never wanted the skin. Capricorn has a really crazy story. When the jury hears it, it's going to be a bombshell. I don't know how much she will be able to say because allegedly there was a payment given, and I don't know how the legality works on all of that. However, if she is able to say exactly what happened to her, and I'd like her to say who paid her allegedly, people are going to be shook?
Speaker 1: Are they making too much of And yes, it's a fun headline to a certain degree. About cut he calling did he a super villain? Said he looked like a Marvel supervillain that got headlines. But beyond just a headline and it maybe even being clickbait, how meaningful was that description? In your opinion?
Speaker 4: Anyone that knows Puff knows what that look is, knows what that stance is, knows what that posturing is, and also anyone that doesn't know him personally.
Speaker 2: His Halloween choices have been not Marvel, yes VC about the same thing their competitors.
Speaker 4: He was out on the streets as the Joker after being the Batman and being told not to please play any of the characters within their franchise. He then took on the Joker, ran around New York and was behaving like he was terrorizing the street with that big Joker smile. He kind of lives for and embodies these these villain characters, even when it's times for dress up.
Speaker 1: Now, we didn't see it, but it was reported that by several folks there were chuckles in the courtroom. I'm not sure how exactly kid cut he delivered the line, maybe said it in a kind of a comedic way, but I was surprised. And were you to hear that people actually found that funny.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a little bit of levity in the sense that, like, up until now, we've heard about just monstrous abuse. We've heard about horrific sexual deeds all the way to like filling someone's mouth with urine until they choke. I think letting people know that he looked like a fucking marvel Ville and standing at the SOHO house is.
Speaker 2: Like a moment of levity for people because everything has been so tense.
Speaker 4: And also, like I said, anyone that knows puff understands what that stance and feeling is. Like I've always said, when I've been with you guys, all encompassing takes the air out of the room when you walk in. That's that Marvel stance, hands behind his back, waiting to see what's up. It's very much that, it's very much ditty.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, intimidating that that was what his goal was to be intimidating. It sounds like.
Speaker 4: Sure intimidating, and also like I had moments of him that were that were so scary, and then a second later he would dap me up, so like he would do something scary, and then he would be and I would be scared, and then he would dap me up and be like, but that was good, though, that was good, Keep it up, keep it up, then walk out. And I would remember feeling confusion, like did I do something good or bad?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 4: In I liked or not liked the way that he was able to switch energies within seconds. And you know, in one moment be like extremely scary and in another moment be like dapping you up is very is very confusing. You start to not understand the mission that you came in for. You start to get confused yourself.
Speaker 1: There is the relationship between Diddy and Cutty sound about right in terms of from the outside Ditties as larger than life character, but so much of what Cuddy was talking about seemed like they were. He just saw him as a contemporary, Right, we're fellows in this game. Did he from what you know and from what you saw on testimony, what was Keeddy's Cutty's level of comfort with respect for and make maybe even fear of if there was any of Diddy, even they were they were fellow rappers, if you will, Well, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know anyone that wouldn't fear someone who blew up their car allegedly, you know what I'm saying, or was even responsible for sending people over to blow up his car.
Speaker 2: It was said by Cassie that he said he was going to do it. It was done. It's been established, you know, by that police report. We saw pictures.
Speaker 4: I think that life gets pretty real when you see that things can get blown up when someone says they're going to blow it up. You can be as like cool and tough as you want to, but your car being blown up is a bit scary. You know, you could have been getting inside of it when the bomb went off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't even imagine. And Umbrey, I'm curious because we've seen other folks come up and testify literally against their will. His last assistant took the stand and took the fifth because he didn't want to incriminate himself. He did get immunity ultimately and then did testify. But my point being that people are getting up on the stand gleefully testifying against Diddy. They're not excited to go tell the world what he did or what happened to them. They're very reticent, mainly possibly because they're concerned they could be a part of this whole thing, but also it's just this thing where you don't tell on each other, you don't rat on one another. Where do you think kid CUTI fell in terms of getting up on that stand. Did it seem as though he wanted to be there, was good to be there, or this was something that he was trying not to be a part of.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I know everybody loves their dogs differently the life, the car being blown up in his life that could have been inside of it when that occurred, the home being vandalized, and mostly the dog being traumatized and locked up.
Speaker 2: I know how much I love my dogs.
Speaker 4: I would be pretty ready to get on that stand unless somebody know how I felt. I think probably at the time he says that he understood him to be the person that did it, he kind of had to brush off, didt He's oh no, what was me?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Everything's cool?
Speaker 4: And then later on in twenty fifteen, Hey, sorry for all that stuff that went down. You know, I think that it shows how powerful and how many people to very high levels of influence. We're just not trying to cross Ditty in any type of way. It would not be to your benefit. Potentially it could be to your demise. We are covering only a period of time in this trial. You got to remember the nineties. We're at making the band era and after with dirty money. We haven't even gone all the way back, but there are reports of these things occurring by people that witness them long before this window that the trial is addressing. So you know, back then, there weren't cell phones and things like that, so you can't easily get footage, text.
Speaker 2: Messages, communications. It's a bit harder to prove things.
Speaker 4: However, there has been allegations of a lot of things, and there has been direct witnesses to a lot of things that have come forward and spoke on this exact behavior going on. There were a lot of people that understood this in the industry, and there were a lot of people who did not come forward.
Speaker 2: Even kid Cutty himself.
Speaker 4: We're just now learning all of this, and he's a very very he's your artist's favorite artist. I'm a huge fan of Kid Cutty. You know, for him to not come forward right away and let all of us know, you have to understand there's some element of I don't want to say fear because I don't want to speak for another human's emotions on something, but definitely knowledge that this wouldn't be smart for me to discuss publicly.
Speaker 1: Why did they give us some context? Cassie, in the middle of all of this relationship with Diddy ends up going in dating Kid cutting for a month. Well, can you give us any insights into what was going on at the time. To watch she ends up in a month long relationship and then is right back with Ditty.
Speaker 2: It seemed to.
Speaker 4: Happen all the time, that there would be these these breakups and makeups, there would be these pauses and not I mean, if you kind of look through everything in chronological order. He also had to pay attention to other girlfriends that were there, So maybe on a a week where another girlfriend was getting attention, Cassie was.
Speaker 2: Maybe knew about it, was pissed. There was an argument, who knows?
Speaker 4: I mean, we can only estimate, and it's you know, we can only assume what went on but they clarified that there wasn't a relationship at that time, and then she fell for another guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, all we do in this industry is live in.
Speaker 4: Studios and record music. You meet all kinds of people, producers, artists. We're all in the same rooms late at night, early in the morning, during the day whenever making music, and so we're constantly running into each other and having connections and vibes with each other.
Speaker 3: And so did he found out about the fact that Cassie during a freakoff was seeing Kid Cutty. So that's interesting they could be broken up and still be doing freakoffs.
Speaker 2: And then he finds an email where I.
Speaker 3: Believe Kid Cutty's assistant was emailing Cassie about a makeup bag, a toiletry bag. Ye, So that was all commonplace and even though they were broken up, they'd still be doing these parties yep.
Speaker 4: So there commonplace is also him always having access to her phones and knowing what's inside of them. That is a common thread that even one of Cassie's writers that worked with her for a majority of her career, a woman named Tiffany Red, she even had the music she was making with Cassie was taken out of her phone at some point, and they had written a song about the Freakoffs, and he found out and was pissed about it, and allegedly she was punished Accordingly, this being able to access her phones and understand everything that's going on with her is showing that he was always maintaining this control. And also even with Cassie's mom's testimony, she said he even made her take out a twenty thousand dollars loan because he was going to blackmail her and Cuddy and release videos of Cassie, and the mom was scared enough to go get put alone on her I believe home, against her home, and then he gave it back. I mean, we all know did He's not thirsty for twenty thousand dollars. That was a power play, and that was a game check.
Speaker 2: On someone's mother.
Speaker 4: What would you feel if someone did that to your mother. And then also the fact that everyone complied enough to even go take out alone. That's an extensive degree of putting your ass on the line. Of course you would do it for your child, but that's the type of control, power, coercion force.
Speaker 2: All of these things were so present in all of these stories.
Speaker 4: Everybody felt like they had to do what this man wanted or there was going to be consequences that would be extreme.
Speaker 1: What kind of impression does it give in the courtroom to the jury. In particular, for Cutty to say that Cassie played him and Cassie played Diddy, she was very much so a victim, no matter what you think about the case. Guilty, but everybody saw her be a victim. But for him to come out and say she played him, how does that?
Speaker 4: It's likely that when they because at the Soho House, Cassie was there, it was Diddy, Cassie and Cuddy. I also found it very interesting that the Soho House was chosen. I mean, obviously, if I'm Cutty, I'm not trying to go anywhere behind closed doors with a man, like a hotel, because we all know the hotels are like low key. Need to be addressed at how irresponsible they were with their behavior.
Speaker 2: All of them that have been announced.
Speaker 4: And then also so you know, I think that he wanted to be You know, if you guys have been to the Soho House, there's agents, managers, celebrities. You can't get in there until you have the magic key, like you got to be able to be somebody to.
Speaker 2: Be there, and the fact that they're taking a meeting.
Speaker 4: That's this dicey and uncomfortable in front of everybody, that could be Definitely everybody's looking at you in the Soho House if they're not a celebrity and they've gotten there some other way, they're they're spying, they're walking by, they're overhearing things. Yes, no phones, no phones, but I've taken pictures of Soho House, and I've taken pictures of things at Soho House, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: But either way, don't admit that you're never going to be a love back Listen. I don't ever want to go there. I don't want to be around any of any type of celebrity. Again, this trial has shown enough to the world that most things that you think are really grand and great come with a lot of dark shit behind them. But but anyway, so you know the fact that they chose to be there, I think it probably went a little something like and this is all just me alleging and assuming maybe Cassie took the fall in the conversation in regards to potentially saying like, you know, she didn't tell kid Cutty, she was still doing the stuff with Ditty. Maybe she still loved Ditty.
Speaker 4: Maybe she felt scared, like she couldn't say no to these situations or else he.
Speaker 2: Would blackmail them.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't know the timeline of these things, but either way, I think maybe because we've seen her kind of like cater to these things that she doesn't want to do. But because maybe you know, she liked kid Cutty and they dated for a seg maybe she felt responsible and like she didn't want him to get in further harm of Puff and what she thought Puff was capable of. And it could have been something like, I didn't tell you I was talking to Puff.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell him I was talking to you.
Speaker 4: I was like, it could have been something like that, And I don't know that there wasn't like that force and coercion and fear at the helm of that.
Speaker 3: If that is the case, my goodness, and you mentioned the hotels. Can we talk about the hotels for a little bit.
Speaker 4: It was insane, by the way, It doesn't sound like he went and cleaned it all up himself afterward, And so far we haven't heard anyone take the stand that discussed having to clean it there. There are some people in the civil suits that had to clean up rooms. There was a guy that found I think.
Speaker 2: He said over a hundred razors.
Speaker 4: That's not a quote direct quote, but something around like hundreds of razor blades and blood and seamen on walls, on the ground everywhere. That was just the guy that rented the home out, like you know, not even AIRBNBA verbal, but a lot of times people with a lot of money go through private brokers to rent bigger homes for certain periods of time or certain events. There's been a lot of talk about how chaotic these rooms looked afterwards. I would like to know if anyone cleaning them had to make reports on that. I'm assuming that's policy.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Part of what was introduced into testimony was the notes that certain hotel rooms or certain hotels put underneath his name. It was his guest profile. Yeah, Frank Black was the profile he used.
Speaker 2: And also did you see the pills that.
Speaker 4: The guy who took the stand that did the raid, he had pictures. They showed pictures of items that they found during the raid. There was the two seed, which is pink cocaine. I only know that because the kids talk about it. My days of being a wild, free child are long over. But it actually was pink, which was kind of cool. Like I thought it was maybe given like rows or like you know when they say the pink sand beaches.
Speaker 2: But when you get there, they're not really technically pink.
Speaker 4: As much as they look and up you got a photoshop them of it. This cocaine was pink, Barbie pink in the picture. Then there was a bunch of prescription bottles of medicine and the name on them was Frank Black, one of the same names that they use. So we need to figure out who the doctors were they were prescribing medicine to Frank Black, because those people need to lose their license.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's I'm sure a lot of complicit folks all around to have supported or at least allowed Diddy to do what he did or what he's alleged to have done. The notes, the hotel notes, I want to read these for you because they're quite specific. Always spills candle wax on everything and uses excessive amounts of oil, and then the note says, place the room out of order upon departure for deep cleaning. Also, please authorize an extra one thousand dollars when guest stays with us to cover any room damages. This was something that they knew he did repeatedly. This wasn't a one off where he went to different hotels. These hotels knew when he was coming and they knew what to expect. Certainly, this was something that happened, according to Cassie, even weakly often, which is blowing to me to have all of this prop and that to hear from his assistance. We've heard from two of them now talking about how they were basically in charge of creating the environment and making sure that everything he might need was there, and if they got it wrong, they faced his wrath.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And what's interesting, I actually saw somebody in trial and the transcripts discuss one of the men, I think he was the punisher.
Speaker 2: He actually discussing electric candles.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting that you just said candle wax was everywhere, because I think probably they got sick of that thousand, extra thousand dollars deposit and switched over to the electric because then you're not going to get wax everywhere, but willing to pay.
Speaker 1: And the hotel. The hotel manager was on the stand on Thursday Lameritage in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's my favorite hotel. Don't say it.
Speaker 1: These are your folks. Lameritage was the manager's name. From your experience, does a place like this are they so happy willing to have that person in their establishment to have their money, that they're willing to put up with what they have to do every time he's there?
Speaker 2: I think maybe I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't I love the hotel, it's my favorite hotel, but it also is a convenient place to put people if you need to get to them quickly and you want them on command for whatever behavior you may want them to partake in.
Speaker 3: I'm amazed, and you can speak to this army because you lived in this world with so many people involved in making sure for it. Sounds like years decades that did he had what he needed and could use who he wanted, and could trash what he wanted and could behave. How he did, how all these people were able to stay quiet, how he was able to be discreet, even though it sounds like it was anything, but.
Speaker 4: It goes back to a few things. I believe Perception is reality is what you said the other day on the podcast and Benjamin Kaplan.
Speaker 2: He said on stand he was a god among men. He was an icon.
Speaker 4: He was somebody that he was in awe of like these are. That is the way that a lot of people have seen him. That is the perception that he has been given. I mean, listen when they did this media blitz of when did he was coming back and he was getting a he was performing at one of the awards shows, and he was getting the Icon Honor and all of these things. He literally gets Icon honors. That's telling the world he's an icon. I mean, just right flat right there.
Speaker 2: We know what it is.
Speaker 4: But during that the first headline that kind of popped up, during his many great headlines into the future of what he was about to release, Release, which was a.
Speaker 2: Show on Hulu that was following his family and so on and so forth.
Speaker 4: He had a next big phase coming, like the nineties phase, like the may in the.
Speaker 2: Banded Air phase. He was going to have a new phase. He's great at getting.
Speaker 4: Young people, in my opinions, sucking the souls out of all of these people, not paying them at least in my experience, and ones before allegedly and then utilizing them to make him cool again. In the new era, and he kind of had this little thing going on that he was moving into a new girlfriend that was this time down for this swirl and publicly open that she just loves it all. And so maybe he was moving into the territory of understanding how much in the past there's been problems with.
Speaker 2: People that maybe didn't necessarily want to behave like that.
Speaker 4: He kind of started moving closer toward being open in that way. But also in all of that movement, I think that this headline came out that said he was giving all of these artists they're publishing back.
Speaker 2: I am one of the artists that is part of building a legacy over at Bad Boy. We have platinum albums.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of money, and it was before streaming. It was when you had to go into the store and pay seventeen ninety nine for the VIP album or fourteen ninety nine for the regular one. It's a lot of money that was generated and a lot of money that came in. And so that in all of that saying, I watched every single person release the headline that he's a benevolent soul. He's changed his ways. He has a reputation for not paying his artists. He's changed his ways. He's now giving back to all of the artists that built and propped up bad Boy, and he's going to now be pro artist. Everything is going back to all the people, even people during the Love album specifically, there's somebody that has a lawsuit against him that was not paid and that was that era. So even all the way up until that era, we're seeing the same behavior from him repositioned. Like you said, Amy, perception is reality. The new perception was this. The new perception was love.
Speaker 2: That was the new name.
Speaker 4: The new perception was dating a girl that likes the freaky stuff. So I don't have to have any problems with anything on the other side, potentially, like I've seen in the past, you know, allegedly, there was this whole kind of new era that he was walking into, and the start of it was he's giving all of his artists they're publishing back and that just was not true according to the contract that I received.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask, do you think that he changed his ways at all? From the time that you worked with him and knew him to the time that he was actually arrested. Was did you hear of anyone who was still in his circle or know of anyone who genuinely said he had evolved or at least amended his ways.
Speaker 2: So two things.
Speaker 4: When I got the giving the US are publishing back. You know, he put all of our publishing in his mother's name, so all the artists publishing is under Janis Combs.
Speaker 2: What beats me, TJ. So then when we get these the email from.
Speaker 4: Janis Comb's published associate, whatever it is, the emails are saying we're giving you your publishing back, doesn't say the amount, doesn't talk about the details, but does say that you're signing a full release on the man, everyone in his family, anyone that's ever managed, been their agent or label or representative, anyone that's ever represented them, them, them, and them, basically the entire.
Speaker 2: Industry a full release. And you can never disparage puff in public ever.
Speaker 4: Again, you can't talk about anything, you can't have a lawsuit, and you can't disparage in that contract. When I had my lawyer look into it, it was about like three hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: And thirteen cents. It was for when a new label took over our catalog for streaming in the past certain period of time that they've had our catalog, which, as you know, like a million streams is a penny. So and this isn't back in you know, two thousand and four, five.
Speaker 4: Six, when Danny Kane was having platinum sales, where we would have had, you know, ridiculous numbers on the streaming side, and so it was.
Speaker 2: It was a ruse.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even what it said it was.
Speaker 4: And when I learned that, my instinct was to feel, there's no way that he's reformed.
Speaker 2: Something's got to be up. That was just the instinct. And then when I looked into.
Speaker 4: It, I confirmed it based off of what it was asking from me versus what it was giving me. And there was, you know, the new label was attached to those ideas as well.
Speaker 2: That's troublesome for me.
Speaker 4: And then like I think I've said this to you guys before, but since he was arrested, we started to receive money.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, in more significant amounts than three hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 2: Dollars, much more.
Speaker 3: I was curious your reaction, Aubrey when we heard from one of his assistants who said that he was threatened to be fired at least once a month he worked for did He for fifteen months, worked a ninety hour to one hundred hour weeks and did everything in anything that did he wanted him to. And yet still at least once a month he was threatened to be fired.
Speaker 2: I thought of you, Aubrey, Oh yeah, oh my god, people, are you hear him threaten to fire someone? At least? Like you know, this is satiri, This.
Speaker 4: Is like satire kinda at least like thirty times a day. I mean I heard that so frequently. If you didn't want to do anything that he said, and not even if you didn't want to do it, if you tried your best and just weren't able to, there was a consequence.
Speaker 1: Even something as when we're talking about here Kaplin. He said he was sent to Whole Foods to get a gallon of water. They didn't have the gallon, but they had two half gallons. He brought that two half gallons, and did he threaten to fire It seems so ridiculous. But to me, but to you, does that story is on about right?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: I mean, Dave Chappelle has like done a famous git on making the band and it's outrageous and ridiculous and that's kind of how everybody knows the behavior to be to for people to think he's a god among men.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a god, a king. I can do anything I want.
Speaker 4: I remember one time, like in I believe Miami, he went on a rant when we were all running.
Speaker 2: Around for some basketball event. I believe we were all with him in.
Speaker 4: An suv or something, some kind of car, and he was going off on these tangents about being a king and riding on the backs of of of average men, and he.
Speaker 2: Can this, and he can that, and like these these like these.
Speaker 4: These big fascinations of being this king among men, this god among.
Speaker 2: Men, was very much the daily conversation.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just here and there or during a freak off or during threatening somebody.
Speaker 2: It was just daily for no reason. I don't know that I've asked you this.
Speaker 3: We've heard obviously, Cassie, and we've heard from other people saying that they were afraid, that they were afraid of Ditty. Were you ever afraid of him?
Speaker 2: A few times?
Speaker 4: I was never afraid of him to the point where I would have done anything sexual. If something happened to me, I wouldn't have been I wouldn't have. I would have been drugged if something happened to me. Never would I consensually have done something with him in any situation that I was put in.
Speaker 2: I got the fuck out.
Speaker 3: What situation did you get put in where you had to get the fuck out?
Speaker 2: It'll layer on Netflix. You know. In the beginning, it was hard for me because I kind of looked at people that.
Speaker 4: Did, like, all right, we're different. But along the way in my life, I've seen myself take less and I know I am.
Speaker 2: Behave less.
Speaker 4: And I know I am because I loved somebody a lot and I wanted them to be happy with me. And the grooming and the messaging and the understanding from someone much older, was.
Speaker 2: I need this now? This wasn't what Diddy was asking of. This was something different.
Speaker 4: This was something that was more along the lines of something that wasn't out of my wheelhouse and wasn't something I would never do. But I do understand the psychology behind the thinking that people had in regards to this person, and if they happened to love him or happen to be, you know, trying to advance their career or themselves. You know, there's a lot of victims, and every victim is not the same, and what their intentions are is not the same. It could be anything of many options, and I've seen many options amongst the people that I know. But I never felt scared enough to do anything sexually. But did I feel scared?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Was he able to take it to the degree in which he claims multiple times all the time to people, which.
Speaker 2: Is fire me? Yeah? And it wasn't because I got the gallon of water wrong.
Speaker 1: I know we're just two weeks and just wrapped two full weeks of testimony. I should say, just your assessment now of which way it might be leaning. I know it's a long way to go, and that's the reason we do a full trial and defense still has to go. But how things are going? Is it leaning one way or another for you?
Speaker 4: After two weeks leaning toward prosecution? I think we're getting into rico now. I believe that possessing, possessing people across state lines, that's I think that's been that's cooked, that's in those those charges are done. I think that forcing coercion has really been established in these past couple of days with many other people, even though some people were in A person was inconsistent on the stand. Everyone else has been seeming to be pretty consistent.
Speaker 2: And I think that as you hear.
Speaker 4: Names like Mia, Capricorn, KK, a whole lot of people coming up. If those names are in there and these stories are taken all the way full circle, We've we've touched down on rico, We've touched down on trafficking. We have definitely accomplished possessing people and transporting them.
Speaker 2: So prosecutes doing a really strong job.
Speaker 4: Now, I do want to say the big question kind of looming in the air right now is does did he testify?
Speaker 2: Does he take the stand?
Speaker 4: As a child of a lawyer, and being around lawyers, my whole life, defense lawyer at this high of a level would absolutely tell you no.
Speaker 2: Buyn, no, don't do it.
Speaker 4: However, I thought it was interesting that they decided to respectfully.
Speaker 2: Not counter Cassie's mom. A lot of people are writing me like, Oh, Cassie's mom knew it, she said, and they had no defense.
Speaker 4: We all know that he's got the best lawyers in the game, and the defense a defense lawyer at this high of a level gets a whole lot of money. They are not here because they don't know how to counter any and everything, even the truth. They did that likely because they feel like there's some openings for them and they they can make it that something like that appear as respect for a mother, and as a jury member.
Speaker 2: You can see, Wow, they're not even going to go against a mother.
Speaker 4: And his mom is behind him, and they even look, his kids are behind him. This is a man that cares for people and has a respect level for somebody. Because we've kind of established it. He's a god among men in his head and he's made other people believe it as well. But I think possibly if he takes the stand, he's got to do a better job than he did in his first apology video. He's going to have to directly name Cassie and directly discuss kind of where he was at. He's going to have to establish this was a long time ago, he was a drug addict, this is not behavior that he currently.
Speaker 2: Exists in right now, etc. But if you look at.
Speaker 4: Any of the civil suits and you see the enormous destruction in the path of this man and also the whole team around him, that was a allowing all of the criminal criminal behavior behavior alleged criminal behavior to occur.
Speaker 2: And also.
Speaker 4: Everybody on the stand that's now basically aligning and coroborating force, coercion, people that were there and helping and brought places against their will, et cetera. It's all lining up pretty well for the prosecution putting him on the stand. I don't know that it will do anything except correct potentially one or two jurs fascination and belief that, like Amy said, perceptionist reality and maybe this guy is an icon to some of them deep down.
Speaker 2: We don't know. Put money on it, yeah, I mean right, Yeah, I think we would. We would both bet that he won't testify.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think they'll testify either if they.
Speaker 2: Feel that they're winning a tiny bit or that they've left some places open up, and we've seen a lot of character assassination, right, if they can correct that and they think that the prosecution leaned on that too much, there's a possibility.
Speaker 4: However, I obviously, like we discussed, it's never no lawyer would tell you to do it. He has gone against his lawyers in some of the bonds. When he was trying to get bailed out. He wanted videos posted up with the kids, etc.
Speaker 2: On his birthday. He did defy his lawyer's orders.
Speaker 4: You see his kids saying, hey, Dad, they told us not to do this, and him saying, fuck that, it's my birthday.
Speaker 2: So I don't know exactly what will happen, but one.
Speaker 4: Thing I did learn is at any point if the prosecution feels like they're very strong on let's say one, three, and four, but two and five are a bit weak. You know, they didn't expect to lose two people a Friday before Monday's trials start date. I don't think they expected witness too was going to come off so not credible. I think a lot of people have corrected it since then. But if they feel like they haven't necessarily driven home any one point, which I'm not thinking they're going to at this point, because I think they're going to come forward with the people that I've discussed, could close up all these gaps. But if they do feel weak, they can give him a plea deal at any point prior to the jury coming back in, and the trier will be done and what the jury feels won't matter. So I've never seen anything like that at this high of a level, with this big of a person, with this highest stakes on the line. But learning that made me realize politics mirror entertainment a good amount, and we've seen some stuff politically lately that was mind blowing.
Speaker 2: So maybe over in entertainment.
Speaker 4: It's a possibility because he's the mind blowing things as well. That's a very rare chance, but it is a possibility they can do that if they decide to.
Speaker 3: Well, there are we've already had a lot of mind blowing testimony. We still have a few weeks left on the prosecution's case, so there's a lot more that we will be anticipating and certainly dissecting. But Aubrey O'Day the perfect person to lend the most incredible perspective to what we're seeing there in the courtroom here with us, and we will all be together for the next several weeks. What we got maybe five six weeks left. The prosecution says it's running on time, if anything, a little bit ahead of schedule. So Aubrey, thank you as always for being with us as we go over everything that's happening with the ditty trial.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys,