Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio and the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and Armstrong gdy Strong.
Speaker 3: Not live from studio. C Armstrong and Getty. We're off for taking a break.
Speaker 4: Come on enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay. And as long as we're off, perhaps you'd like to catch up on podcasts, Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand or one more thing we think you'll enjoy it, sir, On the.
Speaker 3: Topic of race, this is going to end up being good news you're going to be happy about. Okay, this is not a downer segment when I get to some statistics that back up what you think, what you what we think, what your neighbors think, as opposed to what you're being told every single day.
Speaker 2: But first of this, what are we about to hear? Katie?
Speaker 5: So this is from an YouTube podcast called so True, and it's Caleb Herron, who is a gay comedian and Nori Reid, who is queer, and I believe trams talking about their one of them.
Speaker 2: Is gay and one of them's queer. I don't I don't use the term queer.
Speaker 4: Refuse well, and I spank you verbally for using it. It's an all purpose term that just means I'm against the man man.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 6: My dad is white and I can't do anything about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing I can do.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I'm gonna cry because I can't do anything about that.
Speaker 2: I hate that you had to go through that.
Speaker 7: Thank you as somebody of white experience, I know how about it can.
Speaker 2: Be, but my mom is full on Asian thank you.
Speaker 7: That's when my dad died. I cheered because I said, that's one last white man. That's how progressive I am. Oh my god, I like talk about ally. I said, get him out of here, get him out of here. I said, take him away, satan.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of how it works, right.
Speaker 6: It's like if one white person dies, then you say that like a person of color comes into the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a diverse story gets elevated. It's kind of like a spiritual experience.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem with everything in modern society. You play that for me ten years ago, I know they're jerking me around, that they're just saying that to be provocative. But now everything is so crazy that could be them saying that to jerk me around, or it could be one hundred percent what they believe.
Speaker 2: And I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I suspect it's sincere. Really, yes, oh yeah, I mean they I have been insane folder of stories ready to go about the so called DEI programs and universities and various corporations in the government and how utterly racist and twisted they are. Yeah, Katie, would you like to weigh in on the authenticity or sincerity of the two gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Well, it seemed quite sincere. And that's kind of the theme.
Speaker 5: Of this podcast is mega left progressive hitting all the talking points that the media salivates over.
Speaker 4: The fact that a philosophy that insane and insanely stupid would have any currency in the modern world is frightening to me. It is so post enlightenment, it is so post to you know, racial healing. It's ugly, it's obscene, and yet it has infected so many of our institutions.
Speaker 3: Well, I remember when in California, and this is probably ten fifteen years ago, white people were going to cease being the majority. They were still going to be the biggest group, but they weren't the majority. Of California and the line got crossed. There were more people that weren't white than were white for the first time ever. And the cheering and celebration about that, it's just so weird to me. Not that I cheer having more white people than Harvey, who's cheering percentage of of race.
Speaker 2: That's nuts.
Speaker 4: Folks who have been converted to the Church of Dei of Wochism before it was it was called that.
Speaker 3: I remember when I remember, I can remember, like I just there. I won't mention the name, but our newsman, Marsha Phillips did the story and another person who was a person of color on the show cheered, all right, yeah, that's like, why is that thrilling for you? That will be now less way? I mean, what do you think is going to happen because of that? I don't think they think about that much at all. They've just been recruited again into the cult of.
Speaker 4: Racial politics and that's been super successful through the years. But if you want to see how that works, go to the Middle East, go to you know, any of your capitals of your Muslim states and announce that you're a proud Christian or an atheist. That's worse, you'll be treated to tell them you're a gay atheist. Okay, if you want to see how sectarian politics works, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So a poll that is good news.
Speaker 3: Then this is from the Manhattan Institute Serious Organization. All polls, not this one. But polls have shown we've gone backwards on race since the nineties. Things have actually gotten worse racially in this country in terms of attitudes since the nineties, with you know, being more focused on race and theory to make it better has made it worse. I think we're all pretty much aware of that. And so they ask people the question, are you're given two choices here? Actually you're given three. Not sure is always a choice, and you always have you know, a tiny percentage of people.
Speaker 2: So oh no, I just want to hang out with those people. Think about it for a minute. I'll wait. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Wait, when you look around, I mean, in your real life, it has gotten better or worse, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No opinion.
Speaker 3: But the other two choices you have are we should focus on creating a race conscious society to repair the harms of the past by developing policies that benefit marginalized groups. That's what we have been doing since the early nineties. The other choice was, we should focus on creating a color blind society where everyone is treated equally regardless of the color of their skin. That's what we were doing more or less post Martin Luther King Junior, pre the early nineties, when things were actually getting better. Overall, it's sixty sixty eight percent. The second choice, almost seventy percent of Americans say we should focus on creating a color blind society. Sorry, the most popular book in America, at least according to all the TV hosts, was that Ibram Kennedy crap about. There's no such color blind is code for racist. There's no such thing as being I'm out kick about color.
Speaker 2: That means you're a racist.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, seventy percent of America doesn't agree with that, and you start breaking it down by different groups, and it's just astounding. First of all, it's every single group, it's majority. The smallest majority of just fifty percent is Black people said that. But even fifty percent of black people said that versus thirty seven percent who chose the other.
Speaker 2: So fifty thirty seven.
Speaker 3: You always say it's a good idea to because it's not always just doesn't always add up to one hundred, right, right, So only thirty seven percent of black people choose the we should focus on race conscious society and make everything about race for all the other groups.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: And I would like to see the Black folks divide by age in that answer. I think over forty it'd be vanishingly small.
Speaker 3: Even Democrats. It's a twenty point win for let's be color blind.
Speaker 2: And all this sort of stuff. It's a twenty point win for Democrats.
Speaker 3: For young people, which might be most susceptible to this sort of crap um, it's fifty six to thirty, twenty six point win for let's be a colorblind society.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, you are quite right when you mentioned we were going to be talking about this. This is absolutely the polar opposite of what you would be led to believe by taking in the mainstream media.
Speaker 3: Maybe you think the college crowd would be into this stuff. Nope, it's sixty five twenty eight. We should be a colorblind society for the college crowd.
Speaker 4: Yet we've all been hammered with Dei and Robin DiAngelo and Ibram Kenny and all of that garbage. There's a big study out that we touched on. We didn't really go into it. We should have that the eight billion dollars spent every year on diversity training in the US. In the US is demonstrably accomplishing the opposite of what it claims, which is not surprising because says I, and you and James Lindsay and other people have been trying to communicate DEI isn't intending to get diversity. That's not what it's there for. It's an instrument of the takeover of institutions with the excuse of racial justice.
Speaker 2: That's a dodge.
Speaker 4: It's the sheep's clothing the wolf is wearing.
Speaker 3: It also shows that it's the minority opinion by a lot that's into It's the first Hispanic quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl, or this is the first Indian American to go into space, or this is all that never ending crap. Is the minority opinion. Most people don't want that. They don't want to focus on who's what color or whatever. Just tell me Jim won the Super Bowl or Sandy became secretary or whatever or what, but leave that out of it.
Speaker 2: Amen to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah's heartening, that's some excellent news.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and this has been the message of our show for a very, very long time. The truth is what you live and what you see and what you and your friends think, and don't be talked out of the truth by the weirdos of the mainstream media. Who are you know seeing their influence decrease moment by moment. Anyway, it's easy to feel alone because we have this electronic, media driven life that in one hundred years we've gone from ninety eight percent of our interactions were in person, in the same room with a human being to most of our perception of the world comes from media that is feeding it to us, and it is perverted our sense of reality.
Speaker 3: I think, well, all of society's become Plato's cave, except it's the Internet now instead of shadows on a wall.
Speaker 4: I got my kids Plato's Cave for Christmas. They played before with it for like two days, and then it went back in the closet.
Speaker 2: Right a Plato.
Speaker 4: Cave now tell us about play I see you have to jump over Chesterton's fence to get in.
Speaker 3: Oh see, these people are in a dark cave and they're just seeing shadows from a fire, and they come up with these perceptions of what the world is, and then they finally get out of the cave and realize that they are completely wrong, I mean, completely misled by the perceptions that they were given by that. And it's got long philosophical philosophical legs and tentacles going from there.
Speaker 2: But that is what we're doing with all this stuff, I would agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the media, we've used the term funhouse mirrors or whatever, but Plato's cave is a good illustration of it too.
Speaker 3: I have had a piece of pie every single day for five straight days, and let me tell you, if you haven't tried that, it's not good for your digestive system.
Speaker 2: Wow. I can only imagine the horror, just the heads up. Yes, Michael, Hey, how you doing on the cheese cave? Oh yeah, wow? Yeah, so that.
Speaker 3: I was kind of hoping that the cheesecake would be a binding agent after I eat the pie, which is.
Speaker 2: A bit of a theory.
Speaker 3: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 4: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 8: Download it now. Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Why was I up last night late watching Jim Carrey pontificate about the meaning of life? I didn't even know actor Jim Carrey did that sort of thing. I've never been a Jim Carrey fan.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: I like Dumb and Dumber and I Peck Detective and all that, but I like to but I hated the Truman Show.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I've never been into him.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a pompous ass until last night when I clicked on a Jim Carrey short and he was talking about actually he was talking about forgiveness and Jesus and all kinds of different stuff.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was such a believer, but he is.
Speaker 3: And the reason I got sucked into that probably was stuff I was looking for.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I got divorced three and a half years ago, and I am not happy with where my life is. I don't like the fact that I'm a single dad and my kids are living up and a growing up in a split household.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 3: I hate it so much, and I haven't been able to accept it and let it go at it all since the day I found out about it, which is which is not healthy, because you got no choice with certain things that come your way in life. You got no choice. You you got to accept him and move on. And I've done that with everything in my life, everything every in my life, all kinds of bad things that happened in my life except for this one. And I haven't been able to nudge an inch on this one for some reason. And it drives me nuts.
Speaker 4: Probably because you're reminded of the effects of it all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's part of it. Yeah, it is. The effects of it are all day, every day.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so I got into this this somehow. I was fed through the algorithm this stuff about Jim Carrey, and it was it was bigger.
Speaker 2: Than even that.
Speaker 3: It was just the idea of you know, now is all we've got, and accepting life for what it is and not having expectations, and really his main thing is just getting rid of your idea of who you are, because it's all made up in your head anyway, and just living your life, you know, moment by moment best you can by your morals and visions of what you want.
Speaker 2: But just letting go of your whole vision of yourself.
Speaker 3: His belief is everybody's torment, depression and all kinds of different stuff comes from a a vision they have of who they are, who they wanted to be, and it's not meeting up with reality. And if you just let go of all of that because you created it in your own mind, it wasn't like, you know, God said, this is who you have to pretend to be the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: If you just let go of all of that.
Speaker 3: He said, he had the kind of like gift of becoming rich and successful and all these different things and realizing it didn't make him happy before he was able to let go of all that stuff. Not everybody has that opportunity, but just to really realize that didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: That didn't help me at all. Yeah. Boy, there are a million directions to go with this discussion.
Speaker 3: It's very deep and very interesting, and I had like a brief five minute period of like really understanding it while I was laying in bed last night and thinking, I think I.
Speaker 2: Can do this. This is the answer.
Speaker 3: Let going letting go of the vision of what I thought life was going to be, because it's not going to be that. It's stupid to stay nailed to that and try to force a square pagan too a round hole.
Speaker 2: It'll never work. But then I lost it when I got up at this morning. Well that's disappointed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I'll maybe I'll get it back later today, or maybe you have to work at it over time.
Speaker 2: I don't know. This is silly and trivial compared to that question.
Speaker 4: But I ran into somebody the other day who somebody said, it is what it is, and they expressed that I hate that. They said, I hate that expression. And then and I realize any expression, if it's overused, becomes very annoying. But it is what it is is the expression of an ancient, ancient piece of wisdom. It is saying yeah, it's straight out of Buddhism, it's straight of Christianity.
Speaker 2: It is saying amen, it is saying, so be it. I have accepted it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I always like this phrase of if something doesn't have a solution, it's not a problem. Dealing with everything like it's a problem doesn't make any sense. Things without a solution are a fact, they're not a problem, and so now you just go on with your life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well it does help to kind of stop and contemplate this stuff and try to figure out which is which? Right like you had your moment of clarity, then it was time to go to work. And hadn't I had it up here a second ago.
Speaker 3: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 4: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 8: Download it now Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 4: Some economists have finally woken up to the fact that human beings are not like computerized decision makers. They're also of things that enter into economics, in particular, as Nobel Prize winning economist George Akerloff and his collaborator Rachel Cranton said, I wrote years and years ago, identity may be the most important economic decision people make, and it has to do with how you see yourself, how you want to project an identity, what group of people do you consider yourself part of? And you make all sorts of economic decisions based on not rational analysis, but identity.
Speaker 3: If I had known this was part of economics when I was in college, I could have easily made it my life. I only took microeconomics, which I hated. I mean, it's obviously got its value supply to my own, etc. But if I'd have known all this other stuff that I find so fascinating about economics was part of it, I would have man, I would have eaten that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would you call it?
Speaker 4: Psychoeconomics, socioeconomics or something like that. But they gave the example of an academic economist, not coincidentally, that's who we're talking about. That would be a social category, and that's the way they would see themselves or part of that group whatever. So they probably own a practical car and wear comfortable shoes, and if they showed up in a portion nine to eleven or a pair of five hundred dollars loafers, they would all not only feel like they were putting on airs, but they'd probably be mocked and scorned to buy colleagues. In traditional economics models, it's hard to rationalize why anyone would care so much about what shoes I walk in wearing right, or what car I drive, But that really affects decisions they go into.
Speaker 2: Like individual when you.
Speaker 3: Go to buy a pair of shoes or a car, practically anything, certainly anything anybody's going to observe. The options are not wide open for most people. They're limited to your identity. It has to shot into that world of your identity, which is interesting. We don't see ourselves out way. I think we most people like to see themselves as No, I could wear any kind of footwear.
Speaker 2: It's completely up to me. I'm my own person.
Speaker 3: But no, it fits into a view you heavy of yourself, where you want other people to have of you, or you think you had whatever.
Speaker 4: And then they talk about individual gains from both material outcomes and actions that conform to their identities.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, and labor markets.
Speaker 4: Workers are motivated by wages, of course, but also by how well their job aligns with their identities. They give the example of a corporate job might offer financial stability, but if it conflicts with an individual's identity is an I'm environmentalist, for instance, that's going to lead to satisfaction and underperformance in this vein, trying to train coal miners to be nurses may be feudal and Jack, I love.
Speaker 2: The idea you gave when we were talking about this. If you remember I.
Speaker 4: Don't you said trying to train farmers because the family farmers disappearing to be coders, have them sit in a cubicle ten hours a data code, they would hang themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you hear politicians through that around all the time, like you can just retrain people that have been a certain sort of person to be a completely different sort of person. And as the point of what you're saying is, it's not just about the money.
Speaker 4: So there's other research by a couple of guys you've never heard of, to provide a granular look into the mechanics of this phenomenon. There's studies based on lab experiments that prime subjects to see different parts of their identities is especially salient. Demonstrate that people may out for lower paying jobs if it means greater congruence or you know, fitting in with their social group, or might choose consumer goods that signal affiliation to a particular identity despite higher costs and no higher quality.
Speaker 2: We see that all the time in fashion Police.
Speaker 4: So they go into that at some length, and it's a very very interesting We'll post link at Armstrong and Getty dot com under hot links.
Speaker 2: But then let's see.
Speaker 4: They go more deeply into that diverges from traditional notions of comparative advantage typically applied to countries or firms. I met with several well known psychologists, writs this journalist. Across the country, many assume that heredity largely dictated the identities to which people gravitated. We investigated the academic paths chosen by students in racially and socioeconomically diverse schools. We found that students often align their academic efforts with what they perceive to be their comparative advantages. Interesting, and this is something that we and others have observed through the years, and people are extremely uncomfortable talking about.
Speaker 2: But we all ought to.
Speaker 4: Grow up and just say what's true and whether it makes us feel comfortable or not. If you want to actually solve problems, you better reckon with reality anyway. A student who sees his strength in social leadership rather than academic achievement might choose to invest more in social endeavors.
Speaker 2: This decision is based both on.
Speaker 4: Where he or she excels and where he perceives the greatest return for his efforts in both self fulfillment and importantly, social recognition. Booty or booty Yeah, in other research, who is I I haven't mentioned the name of the person writing this, Roland Fryar, who's an economist and a researcher anyway, or were we in other research? I found that black and Hispanic students with high grade point averages tended to be less popular, which was not true for white students. This was in line with previous works suggesting that high achieving black students were sometimes mocked for quote acting white. By incorporating this kind of peer pressure, the framework we've been talking about also illuminates how gender norms can influence field of study choices. Women might avoid STEM fields not because a lack of ability or interest, but due to societal norms dictating what is considered appropriate for their sex. They found a single business school.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is really interesting.
Speaker 3: That may have changed since I was in school, or maybe it depends on the neighborhood you're living, like. I live in a college town, So it would make sense that popularity and high school achievement might go together, but it didn't.
Speaker 2: At my school.
Speaker 3: The most popular people were absolutely not the people with the highest grade point averages, and would have been kind of unimaginable that it would.
Speaker 2: Be interesting interesting, and here as white as they come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're all white. One moment, I'm sorry. One more example, and then I want to make a point kind of disputing a little of this, but let's see this. Guy and his co authors have found that single female business school students quote reported lower desired salaries and willingness to travel and work long hours on a real stakes placement questionnaire when they expected their classmates to see their preference, a phenomenon known as acting.
Speaker 2: Wife as opposed to acting white.
Speaker 4: That is interesting, so and I misunderstood when I read it the first time. So if you ask single female business school students, what's your desired salary? What's your willingness to travel and work long hours? They will answer differently if they expect their peers to see their answers.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm not sure I understand that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm one thing, And it's funny. Tim Sanderfer and I. One of the few like significant difficult disagreements we've ever had is when we were doing a book club thingy that some of you may remember, when we were talking about Sebastian Junger's book Tribe, and I really liked it and thought it was really interesting thought provoking, and Tim didn't like it at all. He thought it was collectivist claptrap. I am paraphrasing bluntly and skilllessly. I'm sure Tim expressed his opinion much more eloquently. But the thing, and I think I may have said it to Tim, is that what Tim has to remember and what we have to remember, is that Tim is like at the the outer one percent of iconoclastic individualists the way he sees the world, and you and I are way out on that scale too, I think. And there are some very lovely people, very nice people who are like way past the midway point, and they're like good twenty five percent toward They find it really rewarding to be part of what other people are doing and go along with the crowd and to conform. They get a feeling of belonging from that that I think most real individualists.
Speaker 2: Don't experience in the same way.
Speaker 4: Right, And so you've got to remember when you're thinking about society on a whole, not everybody sees the.
Speaker 2: World like I do.
Speaker 3: Hyeah, especially if for talking economics like you said earlier, Yeah, you just do need to observe or take in what is whether it makes sense to you or not.
Speaker 4: And one of the great revolutions of revelations, not revolutions, well there's a revolution, it was a revelation revolution is that the Founding Fathers designed the Constitution to be ironclad against any takeover by monarchs or dictators or even populous. Not because most humans crave liberty, but because most humans don't.
Speaker 2: That was the danger. And when I realized that, I thought, oh, oh, yes.
Speaker 3: It works both ways though that whole want to be part of the crowd, It depends on your crowd. And that gets to the we were talking about the whole keeping it real thing earlier. If your crowd is it's not cool to really achieve, it's not a good way to keep it real. If if your crowd is, you know, achieving is the thing to be cool, then but keeping it real's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something to be said for looking at the crowd around you and assessing whether they are helping your life or hurting it.
Speaker 3: The desire for acceptance, so, I mean, it's right there in Maslow's hierarchy of needs. It's a big one belonging maslowt to shut up. I don't care what he thinks. Shut up, Maslow, get down off your Pyramid.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or Jack your Joe podcasts and our hot links The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear what's happening in this country. It's Nazism. Republicans are Nazis.
Speaker 5: You cannot separate yourselves from the bad white people.
Speaker 2: Growing up in the nineties, I never thought much about race.
Speaker 3: Sure you noticed, but never really seemed to matter that much, at least not to me, being a.
Speaker 2: White, straight, cisgender man. It's the top of the piles. I'm on the top of the bile. That's me. Am I Racist? I would really appreciate it if you left. I'm trying to learn the long this Jurney, Do you please leave?
Speaker 3: That's for Am I Racist? Which I'm going to on Saturday and I look forward to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before we talk about that, just real quickly, because I'll forget again. I watched the brand new Netflix Apollo thirteen documentary last night. It was outstanding, absolutely great, compelling, a lot of NASA footage from the archives that hadn't been seen.
Speaker 3: I read that it was even more dramatic than the movie, which, of course, you know, is scripted in such a way to make it more dramatic to make it dramatic, which sounds amazing.
Speaker 4: I was on the edge of my seat. Judy had a commitment. She got home, like with ten minutes left, and I said.
Speaker 2: All right, I gotta finish this. I gotta finish this.
Speaker 4: I got it and during without giving too much away, of course, it's a historical event. People know what happened, but just the structure of the thing. But during the moments at the very end, when it wasn't clear the astronauts were alive, I said to Judy, sitting next to me on the couch, I said, I.
Speaker 2: Know how this ends, and this is killing.
Speaker 4: It's just unbelievably beautifully done.
Speaker 2: My only it's not a criticism.
Speaker 4: It's the only way it pales in comparison to the brilliant movie with Tom Hanks, The Delicious, Kevin Bacon and Gary Sinez.
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 4: The documentary under dramatized the incredible creativity it took to redesign systems to do something completely different that the movie did brilliantly. As the folks back on Earth were trying to figure out how do we have them build a filter to get all the carbon dioxide out of the capsule, and they literally took a tube from this, a box from that, some cloth from that, and said, all right, plug this in. And they conducted these experiments, created this technology out of nothing in the space of like thirty six hours, working frantically around the clock. So I would suggest, you know, watch the movie and the document and then a nonspiring story.
Speaker 2: And then Tom Hanks dies of aids or is that a different movie.
Speaker 4: Different movie, another fine film, though he and Jenny get together. I will also make this point if you're done with your inanities. And this is kind of a leading It was interesting that mission control, the virtually everyone involved was a white man.
Speaker 2: Which is why against the I won't recognize the moon landing, and and we as a society of you know, I think you come a long way in involving the best and brightest, no matter what they look like.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, it was also undeniable that all of those white fellas were brilliant, hardworking, creative, responsible, compassionate.
Speaker 2: And virtually everything you could want from.
Speaker 4: A human being. So hey, here's an idea. Let's not demonize people because of the color of their skin. We used to agree on that, which brings us to Matt Walsh's hilarious and uncomfortable new m I Racist, which is very enjoyable. It's I think the number four movie around the country or sometimes is it really a top five top five box office? No kidding yet got no reviews zero And that was actually the topic of Matt's recent Twitter thread. Many of you have asked how it's possible that our new film, am I Racist hasn't been reviewed by a single mainstream critic, even with a ninety nine percent audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 3: Do you do something similar to the other direction like Bowling from Columbine that's from the Left and the Michael Moore any of the Michael Moore movies. Not only does it get endless reviews, it wins Oscars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, top five box office debut. Beginning in August, we reached out to dozens of mainstream out let's offering an early screener of the film. These outlets included Time, AP, Indie, Wier, Variety, THHR, Times New Yorker, and A bunch more all the usual suspect You know what I'm going to name some of the usual suspects. Oh, that's that's the list. Okay, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: We did not a single one responded and said they would review the movie.
Speaker 4: We did, however, that yeah, follow it up to virtual silence, So they bugged him again and said, hey, did you get our package and everything? And virtual silence. We did, however, receive a flurry of unprofessional emails from independent critics who were enraged we'd even.
Speaker 2: Ask them to review the film.
Speaker 4: One of them the wrote that he wouldn't waste any professional time on a movie opening in over fifteen hundred theaters because I was involved. R it's Matt Walsh. Let's see, here's the note. Wahaha absolutely not hardest decline. I will not waste a second of my life on Matt Walsh.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 4: Another critics said you'd have to strap me to a chair like Malcolm McDowell. Let's say clockwork orange reference to get me to watch this thing. Another wrote, you take me off this list. After it was clear that am I Racist was a hit, Variety attempted to cover for this oversight with a claim that Daily Wire did not screen the movie for critics. We've asked them to correct this, but they have not. They still haven't posted a review, but I hope they will a few other mainstream outlets have since requested screeners but have yet to publish a review. One major mainstream outlet even acknowledged we had attempted to get them at advanced screener, but said the film had slipped through the cracks. This isn't a mistake. You'd be hard pressed to find another film that opened in fifteen more than fifteen hundred theaters that was completely snubbed by mainstream critics.
Speaker 2: If Am I Racist were terrible.
Speaker 4: These outlets could have reviewed it and trashed it, But the reality is they're afraid of it. Am I Racist been so successful because we specifically because we didn't churn out another ste predictable Hollywood style film blah blah, blah blah, one last thing. Rolling Stone was one of the first outlets to request the screener for the review after the movie was announced back in July. They've yet to post a review, which is a bummer because I was looking forward to theirs. Most of all, I've said many times, there's a huge growing awareness of how the woke thing and critical race theory and radical gender theory and queer theory, the transgender thing it's all neo Marxism with different guys as different faces, but it's all intent on tearing down Western civilization and putting those people in charge. We are at the end of the beginning, not the beginning of the end. Here is a really well done, controversial, but extremely relevant movie that they're so.
Speaker 2: Afraid of they won't even review.
Speaker 4: It to trash it. They pretend it doesn't exist. We've barely begun the fight.
Speaker 1: Friends Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show m