Speaker 1: Sauce on the side. What's up, Diamond, Hi, Hi, just the two of us. We've been doing this a lot without Andrew, and it feels glorious, well fucked up of us, but hey, here we are. I have so many things I want to talk to you about. One, there were a bunch of really great, ask me anything questions. Some of them are a little spicy. I'm here for it. And Two, by the time this airs, you will have gone to your sister's wedding. Yes, done the speech that you were a little paranoid about, a little nervous I should say a little nervous about. Are you feeling good? Sweating now from just saying that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I finally finished the speech. Okay, took me about a year to do.
Speaker 1: Okay. Did you use Chattypete at all?
Speaker 2: I did? Okay, But she told me I could okay, because I told her I was struggling, and she was a girl like I just used chatchy Ptea and I didn't want to for a really long time, but I did.
Speaker 1: And it worked out. Okay, Yeah, okay, you could share part of it with us, but I'm not going to ask you that. Oh we'll get to this after after the wedding, so like the next episode, because again, even though we are recording this ahead of time, you're going to do this after the fact. Yep, Okay, I'm excited. Congratulations, thank you so much. I'm so happy that it's like.
Speaker 2: Done, yeah, and that I'm not writing it the night before.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy for you too. I was writing my best friends on the bus on the way to do things well, no, no, I changed things. And guess what, your girl got a standing ovation. Oh don't Okay, that's a lot of pressure. I was a good one. I was very happy.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous, you know. The thing that I'm nervous the most about what is like my family not getting the cues of like me needing them to say things, so like, oh, you tell them because.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be organ and then they're just losers.
Speaker 2: But like, here's this thing we do when we're talking about whoever our sister is, and we're like my sister, my sister.
Speaker 1: It is a long story.
Speaker 2: But then like everybody usually chants in like my sister, my sister, and I'm like if I do.
Speaker 1: That, and they don't, so you need the call and they don't repeat back. I'm gonna literally throw my phone. But that's like a really good time. And this is why I think improv classes are so important. That's a really good time for you to take a comedic break and call them out on it, like, hey, you're leaving me fucking hanging up here. Thanks a lot, family, thanks a lot. Oh god, yeah, I'm excited for you to do this. I can't wait. Oh god, I'm excited. But you know, and your hair looks really great. Nobody can say it, but your hair looks amazing. Oh, thank you. You're so welcome. So you know, we always ask for ask me anything questions and then we start to do them. We get super sidetracked by a bunch of things. But I've been saving them and some of these are really good. Okay, okay, some of them are like very spicy, like I said, and some of them are middle of the road. So the first one that I will this is kind of like a little bit of like human stuff. This is interesting. Okay, what's the first thought you have when your alarm goes off? Not the bit, the like real thought you have when your alarm goes off.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I have an alarm that goes off about forty five minutes before I'm actually supposed to get up, so do I. So that one goes off, I'm like, oh shit, I woke up because like a lot of the times, I sleep through it, I sleep through the first one, so I'm like always surprised.
Speaker 1: When I wake up to that first alarm, So I think that's it. What time is that first alarm? Three forty five? Oh? Me too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm like, oh, okay, I woke up. Maybe I did get some rest last night. That's usually and of course like already yeah like that, but like yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have the same thought. My thought is usually what time is it? Really? Like, let me look at this clock and figure out. Okay, oh okay, I have seven four minutes that I thought amazing back to sleep by going for the best dream I've ever had, only be woken up again in nine minutes.
Speaker 2: But you need it because what have you done it where you didn't have that alarm?
Speaker 1: Oh I can't. I will sleep through it because I'm so used to and condition at this point to hitting snooze so many times that I have to have multiple alarms, which is, you know, very sad for anyone who is sleeping in that bed with me. Sorry? Yeah, all right? So the next one, this was interesting. Do you ever get lonely being the person everyone feels connected to but few people actually know? Hm, not really, I think no, No, I think that, like.
Speaker 2: I just I think, well, I think the term loneliness is subjective, right, So I'm jeople feel like when they don't have people around them, or they don't have people to talk to, like, it's different types of lonely. I've had lonely moments, but not necessarily like, oh, I feel lonely.
Speaker 1: Like and not because of the job. No, or were they because of the job? Okay?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I felt lonely today. So nobody came into my studio.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know you were here. Nobody came there. I sort of got I look back, I did't even see you. And then when I walked out of the studio I saw you standing, I said, what the fuck? Hello? And I think Scotti felt bad because he came to give me a hug, and also, why didn't you come and tell us hello, I'm here? No one said hi to me? Eh, so you will not do that. You just sit there feeling lonely and I'm like, okay, I'm just gonna scroll on. I feel like I just would have kicked in the door and but like I'm here and walked away.
Speaker 2: Imagine about I would have loved it his eyes, You would have loved it. Nate would have been like, okay, And anyway.
Speaker 1: I appreciate women making their presence known. I appreciate it. I want more of it. To answer that question, No, to me, I do not feel lonely being a person everybody feels connected with. I think that's actually like pretty cool. I can see where this question was going. I also think that, like it's really important with these jobs to have a real life, to have a life completely outside of what you do here, to have friends who could give half a shit what you do, that don't care, that ask you questions like wait, who is that who? Like Brandon does not even know who Paul Rudd is And that makes me laugh so hard. And I really love it, by the way he said, and I quote, sorry, I only know aless celebrities like David Spade. Okay, well, Brandon, thank you so much for your time. I'm sorry I could have accepted the like you don't know who Paul Rudd is like, no problem, okay, but then to follow it up with that diabolical statement, and then he found like three friends to agree with him. So who looks like the asshole on that me? Anyway, I appreciate that I really like having like this whole life outside of this, but this doesn't make sense to those people. I think it's important to like keep yourself one foot in and one foot out and like one it makes you really appreciate this job and like the cool parks that we get and how much fun we have getting to laugh every day with people that you like. It's awesome, but it is going to come to an end for all of us. Yeah, if we're lucky, we have a say in that. I don't think we're gonna be lucky. I think that when you sign up to be an entertainment, you sign up for a roller coaster and you don't always know when you're getting off. So I don't feel lonely in that way. And I try to explain to people that the attention that we get here. While it is so nice for people to say nice things to us and you know, leave us sweet comments, and I actually there are some dms you get every now and then that really kind of stop you in your tracks. You're like, oh my god, thank you so much. That's so kind. Also on the opposite side, but this is not it's not real life. It's not the people who are going to show up when you get a horrible phone call in the middle of the night because you lost somebody. That's the real stuff. Like, that's the stuff that I value a lot, is those people that I can pick up and call them and say, hey, I got this horrible phone call and I don't want to be by myself, and they will show up. That's real to me. So because you have that, I don't. This job doesn't make me feel lonely, like I'm not connecting with people. And I think we're pretty real as far as who we are in real life versus who we are on the air. Granted, I've been told there's a bunch of things I can't say, but catch me in the street and we'll talk about it outside of that. You know, you're a funny person. You know what I'm talking about. You all know what I'm talking about. Just have a feeling, all right, Oh, this is an interesting one. What is something you wish people understood about how the show affects your personal life. It's a solid question, so while you think of it, Yeah, I'll answer okay, because I've been trying to do this thing where like I go first so that I don't make people like I don't put people on the spot without having like some sort of guidance for them. I'm trying. I'm trying. So I would say, if I am out nine to ten pm at night on a week night, I just really want to be appreciated for that. Oh yeah, because we wake up, As Diamond previously said, the time we wake up starts with a three, so that is not glorious. And at best, if I'm out at ten pm, I might get three hours of sleep. Because by the time you go home, unwind, get yourself ready for the next morning, and actually are able to sleep, you're looking at like midnight. So that definitely like the toll on our social lives in some way. I kind of wish people to understand that because I have so many two nobody do that anymore. Like I've done it a few times, but it's not something I want to do all the time.
Speaker 2: It's not something I want special occasion fuck that invite me out I'm not going how about that.
Speaker 1: I know that about you, but I still invite you out. Yeah, thank you, You're welcome. And then the other thing is I kind of wish that our significant others, whoever they are, because I've dated multiple people while I've been on that air, would understand that not everything we say on the air needs to be taken so seriously and taken to heart. And yes, I said that man was hot, that doesn't mean I'm leaving here with him. I'm going to do something, you know, Like, I wish that, And I understand it's hard on the other side, but I'm like, do you not know me? Yeah, I've been fucking around all the time. I just say stuff to mess around. It's not like an attack on you. But I guess you know, I haven't been on the other side of that, so I don't know. But those are the things that I wish people understood.
Speaker 2: I wish that people would understand that I can't get them tickets. I'm serious, Like I can't, Like I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: You know, like you can't or you won't.
Speaker 2: I can't, girl, I can't. Okay, I've tried, and I can't. No, I can't yeah, like you know, it's just like it's not something that I could do all the time. Like I got you into a show once you want to go again.
Speaker 1: Also, well, you can't keep asking once I do it once, I'm not going to keep asking. Oh you got people, and I can't state where you sit either.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I tell people that all the time. Just because I'm getting you these tickets does not mean they're going to be good. Oh do you remember the jingle Ball fiasco from last year? Were you part of that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what happened once? I don't remember this at all. It might have only been like a fire internally, like in the studio. But I had asked for X amount of tickets for jingle Ball, and then one of the people canceled, like two days before. She said she wasn't gonna be able to go. So I had this extra pair of tickets. Apparently what I was supposed to have done was give them back. I didn't know that. Nobody told me that. I thought, once you give me these tickets and my tickets, it's like, okay, this is part of what we we get as perks for being on this show and hosting this big event. But okay. So we had a listener call in who really wanted to go, and we had zero tickets left, and I was like, oh wait, I actually have a pair that someone just gave back and I gave them to the listener. Oh my god, this shit hit the fan. I got email after email from different people you're supposed to just close that you didn't need to use them anymore, And this caused a stir and I was like, no, I'm not what if you gave them to me, why can't I then do what I please with them? However? Not the hell I'm trying to die on. So now I know going forward, if I ask for tickets I can never give a pair away on the air ever. Again, do you know how stupid that sounds?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Stupid?
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, like, oh, I'm sorry. So what if I gave the tickets to said friend whoever I was given them to, and they decided that they were going to give the tickets to someone, right, what does that matter?
Speaker 1: I mean they were acting like I sold the tickets. I was like, I'm sorry, I served our listeners and gave them something that they wanted. Like it was.
Speaker 2: It was a debuckle imagine I didn't imagine listening to the.
Speaker 1: Show, like, yeah, I got in trouble for that. Oh god, so you want people to know that you can't get them tickets? Is there something else about your personal life? Does this impact like you personally with the dating game? Or oh yeah, how does that feel?
Speaker 2: Like? If you want me to be alive and live and I did, then you shouldn't be upset that I'm going to bed at eight o'clock. I think that people underestimate the I'll say guys specifically because those are the.
Speaker 1: People that I've dated.
Speaker 2: I don't know how women feel about this, but like the amount of times that guys have said, oh yeah, you really went to bed at eight o'clock?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Are done here? Because if I tell you that I wake up at four and you think that I fuck around with my.
Speaker 2: Sleep the way that you probably do, then we're just not on the same page because you just don't value your sleep.
Speaker 1: Also, you're also starting off from a place of not trusting me, and this is going to be an ongoing issue.
Speaker 2: And then also I have an issue with people thinking that I'm a liar, So I'm like, yeah, fuck you. Yeah, I think I'm scared of you, Like you are you sure you think that I'm gonna lie to you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Great bye? Yeah, so yeah that that would be a problem. Is I totally get it. And I'm just like, listen, there is just this x amount of time. I have a very cool job and I love it, and they get great perks. We can share in the great perks together. But like, I just need a little support sometimes and some of the things that might be difficult for you, because like I'll support the shit out of other people and what they do. I really try to show up and actually like be there and be a good buddy and a good girlfriend and a good family member. But every now and then, like support me back. Please.
Speaker 2: Oh you know another thing, tell me specifically about this show. Yes, I need people to understand that my vacation days.
Speaker 1: Are decided for me. Yes.
Speaker 2: So if you are planning a girls trip and you ask for my input, I'm going to ask that you book it around or plan for it to be right.
Speaker 1: That's the only time you can go.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to, Like I feel like in group chats before, I've been like, well, can we do it around my schedule? And people look at me like, oh, yeah, let's do it around diamond schedule. But seriously, because well, do you.
Speaker 1: Want dime in there to go? Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I can't just take off a random Friday and Monday like you guys can.
Speaker 1: Right, It just doesn't work that way for me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of really cool parks, and we also have some very rigid things that we have to do. My sister says she loves the fact that she knows she can turn on the radio and know where I am and what I'm doing and how I feel. That's hilarious, I know. I mean, she will text me, she can hear it in my voice if there's something wrong, if I'm a little down, she hears it our six am break when he says hi to everybody. If I don't say hi the way she thinks I should be saying hi, this bitch like, hey, are you okay? What's going on? It's the best. It's like, it's the best. Having a sister like that is the best ever, even though sometimes I'm like, back off, I don't want to talk about it at leash. Your sister listens. Oh she doesn't, Are you kidding me? Hello?
Speaker 2: No, Like listens to the show. Oh, my sister is counting cheap right now. You know what, My sister doesn't listen to this. She tries to lie about it too. I caught her so many times. She's like, I'm just a few episodes behind. I was like how many.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm up episode thirteen. I said, bitch, we're like ninety. Yeah. I even told her. I was like, just do this for me. And if anyone listening could tell their friends to do this same thing, you can just hit play and not listen to the episode. Just give me the download, give me the listen, like help a girl out. My sister not into it, you know. She said, if I want to know what's going on in your life, I'll just talk to you. Oh you can just tell me. I said, no, please, And then I do have a couple very good friends who listen and don't really say anything about it until something comes up, and then they're like, oh shit, I heard blah blah. Like when I was talking crap about my friend Solomon and his Instagram page, shout out Sally, Hello, he listens. That's a good friend. But also, yeah, watch your mouth about me. Hey, you know, talk crap. About me on there. I was like, oh, I forgot you. Listen, you do it so quietly. I love you. By the way, Solomon is single. If anyone's interested, He's one of the coolest people in the entire world. I love him so much. Solomon. I don't even know what his Instagram is or if it's activated at the moment. He goes back and forth all the time. That's what you know who he wants you. Hey, Sally, I tried. That was me trying for diamond. I told you I would.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: You're sick.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You see like your type? I told you. Yeah, he works out. He's shorter, he's like kind of cuddly, a short king you do. But he's also like strong. So I feel like that's a good yeah. And now I have given Solomon the shout out that he's been looking for forever. Buddy. Okay, oh, these are getting good? Do you think? First of all, I'm gonna start with one question. Do you think you're good at what you do? Sure? Okay, So this is the follow up question. What's the moment in your career when you realized, oh shit, I'm actually good at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, maybe that just tells me that I'm not really good at what I do. I don't really think there's anything like I'm doing a lot of clerical work.
Speaker 1: Okay whatever, this isn't clerical work. I think you're great at this. Oh well, thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I filled in for someone a few years ago, and I think I did a pretty good job and I liked doing it. And I remember leaving that day feeling like, oh, this is cool, this is what I should be doing. And apparently the people that I worked with like spoke really highly of me from that one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, oh, okay, great, So I didn't know what I was doing. Okay, great, yea, so I think, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way. Yeah, that's what a setup. I think you are way better at the stuff you don't want to do and don't think you're good at than the clerical work. I think when you do overnights, we get a lot of really positive feedback and the text messages. I'm sure you can see those people love it. I think on this podcast people love you. I think social media wise, whenever we're like playing around, you are a super stuff. Oh thank you. I think you're great at that stuff. I think the clerical work is like a I know that's what you're here to do, but that to me, if I were to describe you, none of that would play into it. Oh wow. Yeah. So I hope that when you see some of those text messages, you're like, you know, what this thing that I didn't sign up to do, but I'm doing. I am pretty good at well. Thank you, You're welcome, thank you made my day flips here. That's it, that's all it took. Oh my god, just compliment the girl.
Speaker 2: What kind of life are you leading out here? For me?
Speaker 1: I would say there hasn't been a moment where I'm like, oh shit, I'm good at this. What there really hasn't been. I think that a moment where I mean, it's so subjective, right, Like what we do is I could come in and feel like I put my all into it and it didn't get received by anybody. You know, nobody clicked with it, nobody connected. So I'm still trying to figure out what actually lands with people and what doesn't. And I think that's where then you start thinking about authenticity and I'm like, I don't need to focus so much on what lands with people. I just need to be who I am. Yeah, but just being who I am, I wouldn't say that that's a super talent, you know what I mean. I don't think that it's like a oh shit, I'm good at this. Yeah. I think this question, like.
Speaker 2: Someone thinking that you're good at something, is subjective, right, because yes, you could.
Speaker 1: Well with what we done. Yeah yeah with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone could listen and say, oh, I want more structure. There's also someone who could listen and say there's too much structure.
Speaker 1: I welcome to the research meeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're not talking enough about this or I don't want you to talk about this at all.
Speaker 1: Oh you're talking too much. Yeah, so I want more, I want less, I want this. So I don't know, like for us as personalities, I'm not really sure that there's like a oh shit, I'm really good at this. There have been moments where I've been like, damn, I can't believe I'm doing this. So maybe those are kind of like akin to that. I mean, getting this job, I was like, what you were shocked? I was stunned. Well, the way it all happened, I mean, I know we've kind of talked about this before, but I just resigned a contract in Boston. I had always been an executive producer so Nate on our show, but I always had a mic too, which I didn't realize that that wasn't kind of how it's supposed to go. For the most part, executive don't talk all the time and do stuff. So I had just resigned a contract in Boston, and it was dramatic over there. Everything about Boston was dramatic. The person I worked for the process like all of it. And then I got a call from someone here just asking, hey, can you just shoot us a demo? And like your resume were brushing up on everybody's audio. We want to keep a bank blah blah. Said okay, sure, and I sent some audio. But I also sent a very stupid version of the audio because I was like, this is just a they're just collecting stuff, so I'm not actually gonna send something incredible. So I did a news report, but I responded to myself in the news report, what so it would be like? And another suspicious package was found in downtown Boston. Can you believe that another suspicious package that was the audio that I submitted? Right, So I was like, this is I didn't think it was real. I didn't think there was anything actually behind it. And the the negotiations and the contract stuff in Boston had been so atrocious that I was like, I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna stay here. And then I got a call saying, hey, we love it if you could just come in and sit in on the show one day. And I still thought, Okay, sure, I'm totally gonna go do it. And I'm so flattered that they would even have me, but let's be real. And then I came here, and then everything changed, and then my life in Boston became horrible, and here we are.
Speaker 2: Did you know leaving that day that like, did your perception change like that specific day or did you like.
Speaker 1: The day I sat in with the shop or did you leave that day feeling like, eh, still well whatever. I left that day and I thought, what a cool experience. This has been the best. Someone is gonna love this job, Like that's genuinely what I thought when I walked out. And I remember just like standing in the street outside our Tribeca studio and looking around New York City, cause that's very like New York city, looking and thinking, Wow, this is so cool. I can't believe that they even had me come here and do this amazing. I just left it there and that was to me, that's what it was gonna be, and it wasn't gonna turn into what it turned into. But I was super happy to get this job. I remember exactly where I was when I got it, sitting on the floor in my apartment, and Elvis called me and he was like, hey, I just want you to know you're the one we're coming for, and I like fell down on the floor. I was like, well, what he's like, There's just a lot of stuff we have to work out, and there was, which is why I actually got the job. I wonder if this is too much behind the scenes, it can't be, I think. So I got the job in June. They offered me that job in June, and I did not come here until September because there was some shit going on behind the scenes and a project that I had been working on over there, and like all kinds of stuff. But it was that I would say, when it comes to like a trying time in my life, that was one of the harder, Like waking up every day and going into an environment where but he was mad at me was not fun. Now it's like a different environment where everybody's mad at me, but like this is okay. You are sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was really like how did you do that?
Speaker 2: Though? Going every day knowing that everyone's mad at you and still having to show up.
Speaker 1: I just was like, I have a job, and I had an obligation that thing in September that I had promised people I was going to see through until the end. And I was like, I will stick to my word, and this is a test, and if you can get through this, you're gonna be fine. Everything will be okay. I and I need you to process this because you know me. Yeah. Have you ever seen me walk out of a studio and cry?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Never, It happened often during those months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you're better than me. I would have said, I'm taking a sabbatical for the summer.
Speaker 1: By It was tough, man, It was really rough because the guy that I was leaving did not want me to go, but he did zero things to make me want to stay. He just made me want to leave so much faster. But it was like every day was you're a trader, You're a backstabber, You're a climber on the air and off the air. He would say these things, and then I would have to just smile and nod and like try and give everybody the prep that they wanted, and keep editing things and just like huh. And there were days where I'd walk out of that studio and go around the corner into our theater and just cry and then wipe my face off, fix my makeup and go back in. It's like here we go, keep it going, Yeah, sabbatical.
Speaker 2: I would have given them something to talk about on the air. All the listeners would have been like.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: The F bomb two without the dumps? Yes? Yes, did you hear that?
Speaker 2: She's Well, that just shows you that you are good at what you do. You should have walked away from that situation feeling like I am because it's like that doesn't make me cable to do it and still at least be professional, at the very least you're good at being professional.
Speaker 1: Well, the only thing I thought during that time, every now and then, between the tears and the like high blood pressure and my hair falling out, me running like four miles a day, I used to sit there and be like, huh, the boys are fighting over me. No, No, there's all they want to be. No, But I still yeah, I think it's it's a I think with these jobs, if you ever get to the point where like, oh shit, I'm so good at this, that's sort of like the beginning of a downfall maybe, or maybe that's just me like making it normal to talk shit to myself. Oh god, Anyway, that was a long answer for that question. Oh, this is a good one. Who on the team surprises you the most when the mics are off? Who on the team surprises me the most the mics actually go on.
Speaker 2: I feel like when when Nate is on the air, like I know, he's more of like his MIC's not usually on while you got are in the room talking on air, you Elvis and Daniel, right, But when he does talk on the air, it's like, well, did you know and and on this day eight hundred years ago, this person you.
Speaker 1: Know, like your favorite history teacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then when we're.
Speaker 2: Off the air, sometimes when we're in the little bullpen after the show and he's just like pretending not to hear us. I don't think that he's actually as stuff as he is but he'll like just randomly jump into conversations and actually give his insight on like personal things that make you like, I'm like, oh, you are humans and like you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he makes a comment and you're like, girl, what, I'm like you, Hey, don't talk shit about the Midwest. There's plenty of plenty of blue areas out there. You guys scare me. But yeah, like he'll surprise you. And like a lot of the times.
Speaker 2: His advice is actually really good advice. Yes, and it's from like lived experience too, so you appreciate it more. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like that it's better than just like.
Speaker 2: And Pearl Harbor was today with like a high pitch voice even though it's really really dark.
Speaker 1: Day. Like Okay, who I'm trying to think of who would surprise me? So, like, who is different off the air than they are on the air? Nate, definitely, that's a good one. Nate's good. But I almost still your answer. I don't know. I kind of feel like everyone is pretty true to themselves on the air. You don't surprise me because I know you. Yeah, I would say, I know because you're doing this podcast. So no, I was gonna say off the air you're you have much more like firm opinions on things, and you're less like a yes ten out of ten, Like you're less like that off the air than you are on the air. But I don't know, I mean off the air, off air, I'm gonna have to go with Nate too, for the same reasons. I'm a cop out. Sorry, but that was good.
Speaker 2: I think that that is the answer, though, like nobody knows. Maybe No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: There's anyone who would really shock you no, with like things that they would say or do off the air. I would And this is probably overhyping me and overseelling me. I think I am probably more professional than people would think. I yes, yeah, but that's me again overhyping myself, like overselling myself. But I do think that that might surprise people. Yeah, I wonder if, like.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say, there are some things that Elvis has said off the air that shocked and surprised me.
Speaker 1: But it's not it's nothing like we all know he's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like say things and I'm like, huh, you knows, like there's a shock value to some of the things that he says off the air. But I think that But you're not shocked by it because of.
Speaker 1: His personality on the air. It's the same thing, yeah, just like yeah, like gosh can be shocking, yes, but that's not surprising to us. He's also just not really on the air a ton. But some of the things he says, I'm like, oh, all right, oh oh. And you know what else I think. I think this label of menace, which I came up with, by the way, for other people, and somehow it became mind. I reject that narrative. I think that a lot of the things that people think are like menacing or me just saying that's not what happened. Let's talk about what actually happened. And suddenly we're a menace. Why this is not the place to keep the ear thoughts to yourself.
Speaker 2: Literally, walk by Andrew's desk and knock shit over.
Speaker 1: That's menacing. You like love it? And I love it too. That is not untrue, you know, it's not untrue. I do do that to Andrew, but I don't do it to everyone else. The squirt bottle menacing, that's from my hair. I loved it. I love it. People need to be kept in check, and I don't know how else to do it around here. Nobody wants to implement the studio taser that I've been really asking for for a long time. And I know that every now and then that studio taser would come at me. You're a lunatic. Yeah, I just don't think I'm as troublesome as people like to paint me. But it's okay. We all have our we all have our cross to bear, and now we need to Okay. Is there a bit or a segment that you regret ever doing or being part of. I'm a start. There are not a ton of things I regret being part of. There are a ton of things I wish I would have said. Does that make sense? Uh? I guess, like around certain political events or just you know, in general, certain things when it comes to celebrity, that we don't just call someone an asshole? Who is an asshole? Because we're trying to like play both sides and be nice and you know, you never know where someone's coming from. I think sometimes people are just assholes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think to say that it's okay to call them out, and even if they didn't mean to be an asshole, maybe you saying that will make them realize that yeah, they did come off that way, but some people are really assholes, so I get it.
Speaker 1: There are times that I wish, but I just don't want to, like fight with people in the room specifically, not that it would be a fight, because none of us are like really contentious toward each other like that, But there are times where someone will say something and I wholeheartedly disagree with it, and I wish that I would say I disagree with that, because I've let things go for a while and then said something, and then we've gotten an outpouring of like, yes, I feel the same way, Oh my gosh, thank you for saying something. And then I think, okay, well, if I feel this way, other people probably do too, so maybe I should say it. You know, Like January sixth was one hundred percent of terrorist attack. It was a terror attack on homegrown soil. It was a homegrown terror attack in America, and it was never addressed that way or talked about that way, and I wish in retrospect that the reporting would have been that way. And I don't think that that's something people can say is politically motivated in one direction or another, because it doesn't matter who those people were or what they looked like. The act was the same thing, yep, and it was terror. So I think things like that, I regret, Hm, why are you smiling like that and not saying anything, because I thought I completely agree. But I think that like.
Speaker 2: That time was such a fuzzy time for me honestly that I don't really remember.
Speaker 1: Me were you on drugs? They don't like it.
Speaker 2: I've never told you this that like at like that week that January sixth happened, I was reading a book called Small Great Things by Jody Pecolt, which I think is like one of the best books ever written, okay, and it was about like a black nurse and a white supremacist couple who needed her help delivering their baby who was about to die. And it just was really it fucked me up. And then so like as I'm reading and I look up and seeing it in a showing these people running into it was insane.
Speaker 1: So that whole attacking the police, it was horrifying to me.
Speaker 2: It was like, Okay, this is in a book and it's not real, but this is real on the TV screen. So a lot of like what was going on at least in our personal lives or like behind the scenes of the show around the town.
Speaker 1: I don't remember it. Okay, Oh wow, what a trauma response. Oh yeah, okay. I just think like we all saw the footage, we all saw what happened. I think you make those people a different color. It would have been reported differently, but it's all the same thing. And it's just little things like that. I think that I don't know if I can even say I regret it, because you know, we have like directives on how you're supposed to things. So I was doing what I was supposed to do, but in retrospect, it's like, well, that was not the right thing to do. That wasn't the right way to report it. Yeah, so that gets tough. Sometimes I will say, doing the news, I do not my jam. No, I love it. I like you know me, I'm like a big newshead. I like news. I love the news. But it is a sticky, tricky line to walk here. Yeah, it really is. I would be given opinion, Well you can't, you can't dimond no opinions. I can't do it. Okay, this one's interesting. Is there a part of yourself you intentionally hide because it doesn't fit the morning show tone? No?
Speaker 2: No part of you. No, I just don't like, you can't switch. I colde switch.
Speaker 1: But that's that's not hiding something because we're not talking to you like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and then also like I think we all colde switch depending on who were in specific conversations for sure, you know, so I do so, No, and I've always done that. That's not like that's just so.
Speaker 1: It's a sign of intelligence. Oh well things, Yeah, I mean I didn't come up with that, that's what they say.
Speaker 2: I I've always been a very secretive person about like certain personal things. So I guess maybe if I wasn't always that way, i'd say, maybe like me not talking about like who I'm dating and what I'm doing, like maybe I would.
Speaker 1: Be considered something that I would.
Speaker 2: But like I've always been that way anyway, So it doesn't really feel like it's anything to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I get that. I would say kind of the same, like, there are a lot of nuances with Brendan and my relationship that I don't talk about on the show because one I've sort of mentioned it here before. I'm not trying to answer a million questions, and I don't want one of my parents' friends to run to them and be like did you hear that? And then my parents are like completely gonna twist whatever was said and it's going to turn out to be something crazy. So well, I think that like certain again nuances of my relationship with him and his whole life. Yeah, I kind of keep that stuff a little closer to the vest, but it's nothing overwhelmingly crazy. Like I don't think if someone were to write a tell all book about me, I wouldn't be scared. I don't think there's a lot of like secrets.
Speaker 2: Well you should, no, I'm kidding, polease, but I think that you're conditioned with uh, your conditioned to live that way or speak how you do on the air because of just the way that the show is.
Speaker 1: I remember, like my first week the.
Speaker 2: Show, they're like, uh, I don't know, they were putting me on the air for something, and they were like rule number one, don't ever say anything that you don't want to be on the air, and so or like around people, even if the MIC's are all ah oh and so so from that point forward, it was just like, Okay.
Speaker 1: I can't trust these people. Tell you guys, I feel like every body does that and a lot of people are are.
Speaker 2: Just so willing to offer a personal shit because we're going to talk about it amongst each other.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I think a lot of people offer a personal shit that might not even be true just to get people to talk about it. I am doing the opposite. Yeah, I'm like, I don't know who you're talking about. What's the kind of humor you love that doesn't make it to the air. I can't even talk about it my Instagram, you know, because I send stuff to you. My Instagram algorithm has fucked me. You laugh at one thing one time, you send it to one person, and then all of a sudden you're getting the worst things ever and still chuckling.
Speaker 2: Well, also, I could talk about this, yeah, just the state of politics that we're in right now, I think is something that is to me, like I've removed my a lot of my emotion from it and can laugh, right, But we can't laugh about it on the air.
Speaker 1: But it's Donald Trump falling asleep while doctor Oz was talking about people using losing billions of pounds or however much it was, and then the guy passing out whilst RFK fled. It's the funniest shit, like and Donald Trump's like slowly coming to.
Speaker 2: People are like why is he just standing there? Because he was literally in seconds before.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Listen? Politics aside? Right, like take out any if Joe Biden did that, I would have died laughing. He did plenty of weird stuff, for sure. The meme of him turning around and smiling as he's walking off the stage like diabolically. That shit's hilarious. I don't you have to laugh at these things? But everyone just actually it didn't happen. You know which one I'm talking about, right, No, I do, But it made me think.
Speaker 2: This clip of the woman who ran for governor of Virginia she lost when some is it whin some newsome or something like that, she's name. She was given a speech and she decided that she was gonna mock Kamala Harris's I am speaking, I am speaking, and she did it in such a tone that was like just fucking hilarious, to the point where like I sent it to Andrew and I was like, this is my new meme. If I say I am speaking, I want you to know that I'm saying in this tone. But I wish that we could like laugh about shit like that on the air because it's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 1: Whin some earl sears, Okay, yeah, it is hilarious. Like we all just need to be able to laugh about stuff without someone calling you something crazy, Like there's just shit that's really fucking funny right now, huh Hilary, Yes, yes, and I appreciate it. It'll laugh to keep yourself from crying. So it's like, hey, you know, what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: My favorite meme right now that I will be sending people is when I send you this, No, I'm saying it like this, I'm turned nice. I'm turnnice, ma'am. If you didn't say love is blind the last season you have, no I know what we're talking about. Edmund was insane.
Speaker 2: They should be se for having that man on the on that show.
Speaker 1: No, okay, No, I don't like that one. Okay, I think I think maybe I'll ask like one or two more because time look at that. We could just talk forever. Hmmmm. No, I don't like that one. Don't like that one. I don't like that one. I split these up into spicier Oh, I don't think you're gonna answer this. I don't even know if we have answers. But who's the guest everyone pretends to love but you secretly cannot stand. I can't stand. Yeah, I don't know. Why are you living? I think of like ten people, but I yeah, I mean because here's while you think I'll say this. I've worked at other stations before I came here, so I saw certain celebrities in a smaller market and how they acted toward the people in the smaller market. And they're not all sunshines and rainbows and unicorns and shit that they are when they walk in here because it's Elvis and you have this massive platform with ten million people who are listening. So now all of a sudden, they're like the nicest person ever. And the whole show is like, oh my god, I love that. There's not nice And I just sit there and I'm like, the fuck they are? Oh I know? Yeah, yeah, yeah. J Lo j Loo was in fact very mean to our man, Andrew was She was rude to him and saw a couple of things she wasn't very nice about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to There are probably one hundred more. There are so many who I absolutely fucking love Lee.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Lee Lee Straker is awesome. I think he needs to call in at least once a week. I know he can't do it on the phone, you know how much what.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but just seeing the way that he like shits on Elvis, who is so funny to me because.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's mutual, yes, shitting.
Speaker 2: And it's like but like I feel like a lot of the times, like Elvis will say something to someone and like they don't really have a response.
Speaker 1: He always has a response. I live for its hilarious, my queen, I do. I love the like snarky people that we kind of are like friends of the show. Like Bobby Flay makes me laugh too. He makes me chuckle when he comes in. Who else? I mean, I just all of a sudden this turned into who we love? I would say j Lo is the one. Yeah, but also and to be fair, maybe she was just having a couple off days on the times that we've encountered her. I'm gonna livesty just a few. I'm gonna leave space for that because you never know. But yeah, I'm trying to I The thing is, even though I said, ask me anything, I'm gonna try to answer. I cannot say some of the people that I want to say because I know that they're friends of the show and they will be coming back. Oh, I can't say those say it. I'll bleep it. I hate him down, hate him down. I think you can say that. I don't. They'll be coming back. Okay, I will say, and I'm gonna believe this one too. Is very nice to Elvis, Danielle and me and no one else. Oh, she barely speaks when apparently just ignores everybody, doesn't talk to them. I can't say her because I haven't witnessed it, but I know what everybody else says when she's in, So I mean, you gotta you gotta take that with some sort of credibility if everybody says it. But she's always been so kind to me, Elvis and Danielle that I'm like, well, is that true? I will leave Spaceport again.
Speaker 2: I think this is I think this is a very I can't answer the way that I would want someone listening to the like if I was a listener, I will want more of like a hardcore answer from Diamond. But I don't. I don't hear a lot of the interviews going on that's number one and number too. I'm not like camping out to meet them in front of the dressing room. I'm honestly thinking of like, Okay, well, when are you guys going to leave? So I could go back in there and take a nap, or like don't leave it a fucking mess because I sleep there, like you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, like okay, can you say this? Who's left?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: The biggest mess that after they exited, you were like, damn it, now I gotta clean all this up because I want to take anap in here.
Speaker 2: There was someone I can't remember though they left, and it was someone I liked.
Speaker 1: I'll say this post jingle ball like two years ago. Oh dough chich oh oh you heard this? Did you see it? Oh my god? It was a fucking mess. Yeah, and all it looks like a partial murder scenes ridiculous because there was like hair all over the place, like pieces of hair, but also you could tell that she had just dyed it because there was also like this bright red stain places, and it looked like someone came in through a party and then killed another person yeah and left, And we walked in there.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, wow, Yeah, I didn't appreciate that. I just felt like it was nasty.
Speaker 1: It was very nasty. I don't know if it was her or her team, but whatever happened in that room was atrocious. Yeah. It was so bad. Yeah yeah yeah. So have you felt about these asking anythings? There's so many more that I've logged. Oh, pretty great? Okay. Do you think that we've talked long enough? Should we do more? We can? Like, we have time, right, we do? Okay? Who is a coworker that you would trust to bury a body? And who would immediately fold under questioning? Scotty would immediately fold under questioning, immediately immediately. I think Garrett would immediately fold under questioning. Huh, Okay, I don't know. Or I think Garrett would like inadvertently out himself trying to like cover it up with something. I don't think he.
Speaker 2: I think he would try to take it to the grave. But he'd given five minutes after someone asked him a question. It would be like he walked away thinking that he got away with it. He would turn back, give like a gotcha moment.
Speaker 1: To the person and they'd be like, I feel like he's the person, Like if he stole a wallet and they were like there was eight hundred dollars in there, and he'd be like, I didn't steal a wallet. Also, there were only thirty dollars in there, right, dude? Yes, I think Elvis would fold under questioning.
Speaker 2: Maybe, But yeah, he's the person I would want to bury the body with because he had the funds to clean it all up. If somebody clean it up and pay the person who cleaned it up to never tell.
Speaker 1: He might have a fixer. What do we know, I wouldn't be shocked. Okay, take finances out of it, damn I know, even though I guess that is pretty significant. Yeah, I kinda not to like completely play into the stereotype. Maybe Nate. Yes, I might think Nate would bury the body and then shut up about it and just do what he needs to do. You know who? You know who?
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm thinking who. I'm leaving you out of it, Okay, scary because I feel like he's so disassociated.
Speaker 1: They forget immediately. Yeah, if it didn't have to do with him and he didn't take a picture, you know, it wasn't on Instagram, but I don't remembered, like and people even if he was lying, people will believe him, because that's literally who he is. So maybe scary and Nate, yeah, I think scary and Nate, I would I would trust I think I would trust you. I am I'm leaving you out of this. I think I would trust you therein it ends. Maybe not even that. I think everyone else would dine you out on purpose. I just think some people are like so innocent that it would accidentally come out.
Speaker 2: Like Daniel would be I remember what, oh yeah, oh yeah, and remember when what like or like the next day You're just trying to be be normal, and Elvis w'd be like, what did you guys do last night?
Speaker 1: And she'd be like, gandhi, we can't talk about it, but you know what we did last night? Like shut up, shut up. She's too innocent, she's so nice. I don't know if we have any of these. But what's the Oh no, I have one. What's what's the wildest rumor you've heard about yourself that was so wrong it was almost flattering. I haven't heard of any. I was told repeatedly that I am the reason that people here got fired, which is hilarious because one, I wish I had that power, and two, none of the people got fired, So it was like, oh, what an interesting concoction you guys have created here of like pieces of information, but also like why why would I be the person who would one do that or had anything to benefit from doing something like that? And again I don't have that power and I wouldn't play that game.
Speaker 2: No, thank you uninterested kind of think, No, I haven't heard anything, thankfully.
Speaker 1: I stay out of the places where the rumors are really swirling, so there could be something more atrocious out there. Do you ever visit the places where the rumors swirl?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? Yeah? Do you ever comment? Never to comment? That is some low down shit? Well, I will say that is how you know that I don't hang out in these places, because I really think I would say something like I don't think I'd be able to not say something if it was so far off bas like, where did you hear this information? What else did I do? This is amazing. I hope people were in their commenting as themselves or maybe it's a.
Speaker 2: Different place you're thinking another place, Oh okay, because I.
Speaker 1: Had people are in there commenting as themselves. Yeah, sure, and it's just like it's just like okay, was it like a nice place. I don't know. Tell me no more. I don't want to know anything else. Okay, what a cliffhanger to end this episode. Well, so when it comes to us like follow, subscribe, you can follow at Sauce on the side on Instagram. Now you can leave us comments. Please raise our engagement. I think at last check we had like two thousand followers. Oh wow, I know. I love that. Us just blowing up soon soon, it's coming Diamond. If people want to find you online, where would it be at Diamond? Sincere and I am at Baby Hot Sauce and uh yeah, leave us a talk back if you want to, or you can hit us with the ask Me any Things These are really good. Yeah, hit us with ask Me any Things anywhere you can reach us. And that's it, right, yep, okay, so say bye bye