Speaker 1: Gee, I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren Kingan, y'all clap it up. We have made it.
Speaker 1: We are here at one hundred episodes of The Latest with Lauren L.
Speaker 2: Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is the podcast the daily Dig on all things entertainment, news exclusives, and all of the conversations that shake the room. Now, y'all have been tuned into y'all homegrowd that knows a bit about everything and everybody for one hundred episodes now.
Speaker 2: But I do want to do a little recap.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at the first four episodes of The Latest with Lauren L.
Speaker 2: Rosa.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are here, welcome. This is the first episode. This is the inaugural episode. I think inaugura means first. I'm supposed to know that, Yes, inaugural means first. This is the first episode of The Latest with Lauren the Rosa, which is a podcast where we are doing all the things. Okay, I want to start this off by saying, for everybody that you know reached out and called me or text me, you know, I made a lot of new support system and community, just you know, through people dming me on Instagram and you know all that stuff, just checking in, making sure I was good, making sure Jess was good, making sure you know, we understood that. Like yo, y'all, like, hey, this is a moment for y'all to really show the world with two black women on a major media platform who are going to be faced with, you know, obstacles and different things will still come after this, what y'all can do and how y'all can do it. For everybody who reached out sincerely and wasn't trying to get some information for a story or get a quote or just be.
Speaker 2: Messy, I appreciate y'all. I know that.
Speaker 1: Just appreciate you guys too, because for the first time ever in my life, I wasn't reaching out to break the story. I wasn't detailing the story. I wasn't regurgitating a story. I was a story. Nothing could have prepared me for that more than my relationship with God that I have right now. And I was raised in the church. I've always had a relationship with God. That's you know, my family and all of that, Like.
Speaker 2: That's just how I was raised.
Speaker 1: But I think when you're grown and you established that relationship yourself. It is so different and like a year ago when I decided to like get my apartment in New York and I was trying to figure everything out. One of the things that I did was I was like, you know what, I'm gonna give my life to God again.
Speaker 2: Not gonna get emotional.
Speaker 1: It's a good emotion, though, y'all got me like be Simone up her crown on this podcast about God.
Speaker 2: Like what is happening right now. But when I did.
Speaker 1: That, though, I knew that it was a conscious decision, and I told myself, I taught myself then that I was like arming myself with everything that I was going to need to go to this like next level of things and God. When I tell y'all, I had no idea everything that was going to happen. And this is not about like the j just Instagram Live. I mean like everything. I just mean, like, you know, me being blessed with the opportunity to be at like I left a job. When you get on television as a personality, you don't take yourself off of TV. I don't care how imperfect that situation is, Babe. You figure it out and you make it work. And for me, you know, being at TMZ and being in LA and La is a number one market or you know, at least I could think things change, numbers change or whatever. I know, it's at least top five market. And you're on television and you're on prime time, your daytime talk show, and.
Speaker 2: No one really knew who I was.
Speaker 1: You know, people knew, but like people were it was like, oh, the girl from TMZ to leave that and go to a platform where like I was able and you guys were able to learn me get to know who I was, and you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. I was just like, man, God is really moving in my life.
Speaker 1: When I got on the other side of that, and now the conversation that's shaking the room is about me. Following jessco on Live on Instagram, I was like, oh shit, this is crazy. My first reaction was like, what the fuck, Like, what's happening right now?
Speaker 2: Wait? What? And I just knew it was something because people just kept sending me to live, sending me live.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, either she's on there, because you know, like behind the scenes, I knew that like things weren't perfect. I knew she wasn't the most happiest person. But I think in my role, I can only speak for myself. I was trying to do as much as I could to make sure that things worked out well enough where she could at least show up and do her job comfortably.
Speaker 2: Some chears warming up in here. Hello guys, and welcome back.
Speaker 1: This is episode two of the Latest with Lauren le Rosa. So you know, since y'all don't pop my cherry already and we two, you know, I was gonna say two strokes in, but you know you can do two strokes on the first time. We two episodes in. Now we're warming up to each other. You know, it's feeling like home. I'm excited to hear all the feedback. Thank you for everybody that joined the live that I did when I went live with the Black Effect Podcast Network and told me that y'all have been watching the show or listening to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm so used to being on TV.
Speaker 1: Listening to the show and you know, giving me some feedback. Today, I'm actually here. I have family here in my apartment as we are recording this. I have friends, My mom is here, y'all. See, my makeup is done. My makeup always be done. My makeup is done. My makeup is always done. Okay, the girls always giving. But today this is like special beat, special hair, because we are actually getting ready to head to the launch party for the podcast. It's a private launch party event that we're doing in New York, and I'm getting excited as the time goes on. It actually starts at eight o'clock, and it's about eight o'clock right now, but we still hear you gonna do this. Work comes first. But that's kind of like what the setting is. Episode three? All right, all right, hold on, I gotta cut in real quick. I know we recapping, but I gotta cut in and just let y'all know where my state of mind was within these like throwback episodes. By episode three of the Latest with Lauren La Rosa, I was literally running on fumes. I was not used to this daily regimen of you know, the daily podcast, trying to figure out the video, doing the audio. I'm up late doing all the edits, doing a rundown for the breakfast club stuff. My family start tripping, like my mother, my grandmother, They like, yo, what's going on? We ain't hearing from you. Everything was moving so fast. Everything was exploding and I'm I mean, I'm grateful to God that it did, but oh my god, I couldn't talk about it then because I was like, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but even listening to my voice and listening to myself in these first probably the first five episodes of the podcast, and that's why I'm so happy that all this is like dot minute you can just hear, you know, the wear and tear of all the things, like you know, Breakfast Club was happening and people were excited to see me there and the podcast had just been announced and we were running with the first episodes. I don't think people talk about enough about how, you know, when elevation happens, Like we pray for good things to happen, we pray to elevate. You work hards, you're consistent. You know, I'm learning in real time, so I'm doing well, I'm failing in real time. Shoot, I sell them sometimes. But people don't talk about enough how just learning to adjust and unlearning what you knew on one level, to relearn and learn for the first time things on this you know, elevated level.
Speaker 2: How that like takes a toll on you.
Speaker 1: Mentally and physically while having to stay together in front of you know all everybody. So you know, as I'm I'm listening with y'all reflecting back on these episodes, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, man, you could literally.
Speaker 1: Hear and feel it. Wow, episode three? What is today? Today's too?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yes, this is episode three? Okay, Yes, I'm tired, y'all, So let me know how y'all feel on Twitter on Instagram as you're listening to this and you tag me. But I feel like at this point, we are so exhausted by these Diddy civil lawsuits and all of the things in the sensational like the sensationalize of information that are putting these lawsuits to make them go, to make them pick up, to make them spread that now people don't even care as much. It's like, I mean it. And again, there may be people who were actually victimized in these ways by Diddy. There may be that is alleged. We don't know until it plays out in court on both the criminal and the civil side, whatever makes it the court, right, But it's just kind of crazy because I feel like it's like it literally feels like it like came and went.
Speaker 2: Like at one point in time.
Speaker 1: I know, for me as on a journale side, like you know, as I'm choosing stories to do on the Breakfast Club or choosing stories to like you know, actively get new angles and report on and things of that nature. I'm always like you know, looking for like, Okay, what's new, what's happening, what's happening? But the Diddy stop to me. Now, I'm just like, oh another one, bro, another one. Can we just skip to the point where he go to court so we can see what's true what's not? Hold up, I'm back again to pop on in I'm popping in the flashbacks. This was so funny to me when I relistened to this episode because I'm like, girl, if only you had known you was gonna be in court every day right with Diddy? And that was a big moment for us here on the podcast as well, because we covered every day that I was in court, what happened in court, on the latest with Along the Roads and all those episodes are there in full for you guys to go back and listen to if you need to catch up as well. But I listened to this and I literally laughed, like, girl, you was you couldn't wait for court. Come you were in court every day tied to tale sleet walking again. Okay, y'all, this is the latest with Laurya l Rosa. I am Laura la Rosa. This is episode four, So let's get on into some things. We're taking y'all to court. We were doing a little.
Speaker 2: Court you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If there's a Dun Dunn Taylor put that on in here, I need that. Okay, it's given litigation right now. So the first thing I wanted to talk about wash Drake. You guys know that Drake has been going back and forth with Universal Music Group over the song not Like Us, even though he's positioning it and claiming that it's not specifically about the song, that it's more so about the fact that his label did not protect him and that they allowed another artist on the label, speaking of Kendrick Lamar to drop out like Us, which Drake and team say is a very defamatory song. It's dangerous and there's no way that this should have been supported. So now he is suing. Okay, the lassit. There's been a lot of back and forth, but more recently the Universal Music Group side of things said, you know what, Judge this all is bs, Drake, don't really he doesn't honestly think that we did half of.
Speaker 2: The stuff that he's claiming.
Speaker 1: He's claiming that they work with bots to make not Like Us a bigger songs than it was. He's claiming that they you know, paid third party bloggers to talk about it, that they paid radio, like just a ton of different things right that he has claimed over some time.
Speaker 2: He's claiming everything. But the song is a bop, and baby, the song is a bop.
Speaker 1: So this next episode that you guys are about to hear from like the first couple weeks of the podcast, is really really special to me because my mom was one of the guests on the episodes, and I've always said I wanted to do like a sit down, like some sort of content with me, my mom, and my grandmom just because I feel like the generational conversations are good and there's you know, there's some things that aren't so good, but I think that, you know, it could help people to see us talk through it. So getting her on the podcast was fired. My mom loves to talk, she loves people, so she was more than excited to do it. But it was also special for me because you know when my mom, my mom is a stage four cancer survivor. If you guys have listened to my early episodes here on The Latest with Lona Rosa, I've talked about that.
Speaker 2: I believe, but my mom.
Speaker 1: I remember one time we had a conversation just about you know, my mom was just basically trying to comfort me.
Speaker 2: Early.
Speaker 1: She's like, look, we don't know how this is going to all work out, you know, with this cancer battle. We don't know what's going to happen. I'm not giving up. God has the last say so, but I just want you to know that, you know, everything I've been able to see you and your brother accomplished in life has fulfilled me. If I don't ever get to see anything else, I am fulfilled as a parent and that I know she was trying to comfort me, but it broke my heart because I'm like, man, it's so much to do still and this was years ago, so having her here on the podcast, and when I listened to this back to figure out whether I was going to put it here in this recap episode, I cried because I'm like, man, like everything she's gotten a witness from that moment, like two almost three years ago now two now. My mom was in New York for the launch of the podcast, and I got her to sit down with me on the podcast literally the day after launch.
Speaker 2: So take a listen. Okay, all you gotta clap it up.
Speaker 1: That's right, clap it up, clap it up, and the energy going up. What's up, y'all. It's Laura l Rosa. This is the Latest with Lauren la Rosa. Now this is your daily dig, your daily dish on everything in all conversations, pop culture and just you know, those conversations that shake the room. Now, I want to first of all, thank you guys for coming right on back here with me. Y'all know, I'm the homegrowd. It know. It's a little bit about everything and everybody. And today in the room, we been having a special guest a week, another special guest. I got the og who knows a little bit about every thing and everybody. My mom really is like complete opposite to me, though she's not her business.
Speaker 2: I don't. But my mom is here, Hey, mom, Yes, right, my mom lois is here.
Speaker 1: My family was in town because we did like a media kind of like meet and greet type of situation for the podcast in episode previous to this one. If you have not listened to that, please go and listen to it. It's a live conversation with me and Charlemagne just about you know, like where everything started from for me, where you know I'm at now and where I'm going and where I'm headed.
Speaker 2: So my family was in town for that.
Speaker 1: So my mom is still here and she came to film the podcast with me today. The way that we do it here, Mom, when we start off the podcast is we do a check in, So this is a grinding you know, behind the scenes of the grind check in where we just asked, how are you feeling good?
Speaker 3: Good? I'm feeling great. That was a good opening last night, really was really it's therapeic for me.
Speaker 2: Oh to hear me talk about everything. Yes, how do you feel when you like when.
Speaker 1: You're sitting in the audience and like you're hearing me talk about things that like you know, I mean, you're my mom and brought also too, you lived them a real life with me.
Speaker 3: That's right. That's what I was about to say, is it just is the real life. And I appreciate you. Keep keeping it real, girl, yeh, keep it real. That's the way to do it. I congratulate you on that. No, go ahead, no, keep it real for you about you, and now let's get real about everything.
Speaker 1: About everything she said, were ready to get on into some topics now here is one of my absolute favorite podcast moments. So I got something really really special for all of my lowriders today. If you've ever seen the show Girlfriends. And I kind of feel like a little like a dug when I say that, because who hasn't seen the show Girlfriends? But if you e or have not seen the show Girlfriends, We're going to talk a lot about it today in this episode because we have a icon joining us, MS Golden Brooks, who played Maya on the show.
Speaker 2: A right, all right, good morning morning. Y'all are glowed up for learning and want a Sunday.
Speaker 1: All of y'all are given and all of y'all are glowing. I'm I'm really excited to be here.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, hi you guys. I'm Golden Brooks aka my Denise Wilks.
Speaker 2: Golden.
Speaker 1: This is kind of like another full circle woman for you, because you guys are the African American Museum in d C.
Speaker 4: We We were, We absolutely were. It's just it's you know, I think because Girlfriends was so iconic. I feel so old when I say that, I'm like iconic, But I think because it was one of the first shows that actually celebrated or you know, maur Buck to kill, you know, hats off to her showing black women doing yoga and eating sushi and wearing fly closed designer. I think that was the first time I ever heard about, you know, the well, not really the broken back because Sex and the City did it, but you had women of women of color wearing designer. You know.
Speaker 2: We talked about it, and.
Speaker 4: I just think that on so many levels it showcased us in a way that we hadn't seen ourselves and all of our flaws, you know, And I think that that's something that I think women of color it was. It opened up a whole new conversation piece on the black woman in TV and what that looks like.
Speaker 1: Make sure you go check out the full interview audio in full everywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted a talk show, and I've always said that when I had a talk show, I wanted my audience to come along with me, to grow along with me, because y'all got to realize I'm doing this all in real time.
Speaker 2: I'm learning, I'm figuring it out. I am.
Speaker 1: You know, everything that you're seeing is happening in real time, y'all. It has been a journey. Oh my god, it has been such a journey. I appreciate all of my Lowriders, which are my podcast community. So whether you're watching or you're listening, you a Lowrider. Okay, yeah, I'm excited for us, so appreciative of you, guys. I really am. The Latest with Lorna Rosa. Like I said, it's a journey. It is a daily dig on all things pop culture to keep you guys updated, But it's a labor of love and a passion for me.
Speaker 2: I love to talk, as 'all can tell.
Speaker 1: I love to talk, but I also love just being able to come in here and figure it out with all of you guys, all of my low Rider community.
Speaker 2: So thank y'all for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Make sure you continue to tune in weekdays everywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Latest with Laura La Rosa.
Speaker 1: Tell a friend to tell a friend if they're not listening to me, I don't know what they even doing. I'm Laura the Rosa everywhere. I will see you guys in my next episode.