Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Colleen Witt, and today we have very special guest actor, comedian, writer, producer Johann Jones is in the building.
Speaker 2: Hello, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Why you do that?
Speaker 2: You know, give give everybody levels?
Speaker 1: You know? I like that.
Speaker 3: So I have you in the studio about to cook me a nice dish. What are we eating as a broke dish today?
Speaker 2: Okay, this this is going to change your life. You never had a dish like this? So pleasant. I'm missing my butter, though I don't see my butter.
Speaker 1: Did you put butter on the line?
Speaker 2: I did put butter on it? I crazy? Yeah, we have butter, I'm sure we do. Yeah, let's get some butter. I've just noticed that. I'm like, wow, So, yes, I'm about to make the best dish ever.
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure there's only vegan butter back then.
Speaker 2: I guess we got to deal with it because judging me on my meal without my ingredients. But it's cool.
Speaker 3: I love when people say you forgot an ingredient. That would be funny if that ingredient was on the list.
Speaker 2: Because it was. It was like four. But it's called noodles.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's that's what it's called. I was like, man, you know, you was broke wn. You don't see any meat.
Speaker 2: You're right, and I'm from the d m V. And this is a luxury. You know. This was like how we got down. I mean, it's called top ramen, but this was like the thing to eat before. You know, you saw a noodle a ramen restaurant on every corner.
Speaker 4: Now, oh yeah, yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Is that real butter or vegan butter? You didn't even look. It's the one out of the whatever. Let's let's she said, it looks the whole time when you were in there. Oh good, because he was, well, it's your still up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you're not gonna use.
Speaker 1: None of that. No, we'll use it. It was recording.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we still so yeah.
Speaker 1: Tell us about oodles and noodles and noodles and noodles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and noodles and this butter looks nice. So I guess we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna we're gonna find out if it's vegan or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure doesn't matter to taste good. So yeah, before a ramen place was hot. I feel like we were eating udles and noodles. We made ramen hot. We made everybody talk about, oh my gosh, bring it back from China and do it here in America because they heard about how we did it in the DMV.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna figure out if you're really, really were broke by answer, if you could answer this one question correctly, do you go out and buy.
Speaker 1: Ramen at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Back then? Over now?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Have you yeah? Okay? I mean yeah, yeah, you made it to the other side.
Speaker 2: You made it to the other side. I mean, but I made it to.
Speaker 1: The other side when you could literally do that.
Speaker 3: You could make this in your kitchen for a dollar, and you're gonna go to a restaurant spend twenty dollars on some wrong.
Speaker 2: But there's a difference. There's there's a difference like, oh, like you got the ramen spots now and the loose goods. We made it from scratch. It's is like we just made the ramen from the dough and everything, and you know they have how they say all this different stuff, and it's like you see a lot of Asians back there, So it makes it a little bit more official, so and they add other things to it. No, Ramen is a culture and udles and noodles was something that they put in the grocery stores for us to get to or top Ramen. Should I say, so, we can get to it. But they've been doing this stuff. Ramen's Asian connection, that's an Asian pirsuave.
Speaker 3: Well let's see, how are you gonna make this Ramen all special?
Speaker 2: Well, first and foremost, you got a boil of water. You got a slow boiler?
Speaker 1: Do you have it on low? Is that why?
Speaker 2: You? Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it on low?
Speaker 3: He said, we have a slow boiler boiler, but he didn't even put it on high.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, readings fundamental. So yeah, so first you start off boiling the water. Okay, Now you need yourself a nice onion because I'm an onion man. You know, it adds a certain level of extra spice.
Speaker 1: Where are you gonna add the onion into the water?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's good, I'm about to get to it. Baby back, you know what I'm saying. Then it adds a little bit more of a crunch to it too, you know what I'm saying. You got now, you got your your season seasons, You need black pepper. We don't need to do salt. So you got salt. You didn't forget that soy sauce. Just a look, and then you got see what's the deal with the crystals the crystal hot sauce. So see, I'm not really a hot sauce man. I really don't like to do spice because it's too spicy. It's not in my life. But Crystal's hot sauce is like, you know, it's it's like it gives you a little spicy, but it's not. It's like kool aidives of hot sauce.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad I learned that because I'm not a big spicy person. But I was like googling where do you get crystals hot sauce? And it said Walmart.
Speaker 1: I said, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like hot sauce is not even spicy. I I feel like it's the flavor of chili pepper, Like it's just not spicy. And I don't do spice at all. Yeah, it's the only one that I've let you know.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I didn't try to cheat you and just put whatever in the kitchen, because then I.
Speaker 2: Would have died. Also, we need butter. They found butter last minute, Thank you Lord and eggs. I like to boil the eggs.
Speaker 1: This is what I thought. You wanted them hard boiled already.
Speaker 2: Oh they're already hard boiled.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cool. Do you want us to get you It's fine, we boil them for you now.
Speaker 2: Now. Now here's the thing. How did you boil them? Is the yolk all super hard in the middle?
Speaker 1: You know how?
Speaker 3: I know because me and this other girl was cleaning the studio yesterday and the girl said to me, how long do you usually boil your heart boiled eggs? I said to her, I swear to god, I said, they're hard boiled. Who's counting? And she was like, girl, I got you high five. So them things was boiling for at least like ten fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: They gotta be solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well, you know, I do prefer the yolk to be nice and soft and flaky when you touch it. You know that old hard, there's a rock, it's you know, it doesn't matter. We know. Now we're going to see we have we have other eggs.
Speaker 1: I think in the back.
Speaker 2: Well we would need another part too, so we could.
Speaker 1: Do that if you want. You want to see here and boil eggs.
Speaker 2: Well we can do we can do both and see what happens, you know, Okay, we might be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just be fine because I want to hear your story too, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so uh well yeah, tell me how I want me to cut these onions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to see you cut it. Uh Johan here was talking about washing an onion. I've never heard of someone doing that, so I just want to. I want to experience the experience of washing onion.
Speaker 1: Get washed.
Speaker 2: So, okay, guys, I just want to ask you in the comments whatever section if you know there's a comment section.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I'm sure there is.
Speaker 2: Okay, so guys, just put in it. Do you you know, when you get your vegetables, do you rense them? You do?
Speaker 1: But not an onion?
Speaker 2: Well, what's the difference with an onion?
Speaker 1: It's got layers. You could literally cut it off. But go ahead, I want to watch this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Well I'll cut while you while you question there.
Speaker 3: I have never in my life, and I hope, I hope this is a real thing that all people do.
Speaker 1: Is but I've never washed an onion ever.
Speaker 2: Now, normally I wash an onion with the sink. But we're gonna make it work with this. Now we don't exactly, we don't need a whole onionod it's a nice knife job, sponsor. I'm not sure you cut the onion. Now. This is still a lot of onion. But there's two people.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I do have a rule, but I'll trust myself nor because I see you got two packs there. The rule to top Ramen is one pack per pot. There's something about quantity in quality. For some reason, most times you can't make more than one pack, and it just tastes just as good. But you know I'm trusting, So just no. Normally when you do this, use one pack.
Speaker 1: So what if you have like someone over, you gotta get another pot?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Or wait?
Speaker 1: I just so you know, I put double the water for double the packs.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Okay, it's cool, it's cool. So yeah, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna peel this onion off a little bit, you know what I'm saying, because you got all this extra stuff coming. See you see that? Look it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at that clean little layer.
Speaker 2: Is it clean? Though?
Speaker 3: But that's the thing you're pulling off, the bare minimum. I pull off that second, lady, But.
Speaker 2: That's taking off meat, meat off the.
Speaker 1: Broke brokeness right now, I'm respecting.
Speaker 2: You know, is a woman taking off her ass, cheeks and the panties, all right? You know what I'm You see a little all your stuff on it? Okay, cool, it's a little little layer. Yeah, I would prefer not to have all the extra hair, hairy skin. Yeah, that's a layer that we could take off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a little bit too much panties. That's the actually layer of panty right there, you know. All right, so we do that? Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: Let me know why you name it shows? What's your name it?
Speaker 2: Right? So now look at that. Now we're ready.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna wash it.
Speaker 2: We went through the little rints. I only looking fresh and ready to be.
Speaker 3: That was like a dip. That was like a baptism of the onion. But okay, I got it less.
Speaker 2: Now you're ready to just like you can bite this right now?
Speaker 1: No thanks, okay, cool? Would you ever eat an onion?
Speaker 2: Wrong? You pay me some money? Okay, it's probably torture. Torture, torture, all right, okay, cool, So I'm gonna cut this onion up. Are you excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm also curious what was going on at the time when you were making an onion Ramen.
Speaker 2: So at the time when I was doing it first started when we discovered it, Yeah, because you know, I was talking to some of these Asian cats and I was like, you know what, we're gonna do this for y'all. We're gonna make this hide in the streets. But I was a young tender aro only living at home when my parents Mommy and Daddy in the DMV District Heights. I think it was probably Yeah, I made top Roman all the way to the age of tender eighteen.
Speaker 1: Oh you stop making it?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, once you move to la and you get all helf conscious, a lot of this stuff goes out the window.
Speaker 1: So you haven't e in this in a while?
Speaker 2: Well, don't judge me. Wow, that sounds like a lot of judgment. So I haven't had top ramen. Yes, this, I haven't made this. Probably this masterpiece graduated to other things, but I probably haven't made this in about in fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Really. Oh yeah, Oh, so are you gonna like nostalgia right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little bit, you know what I'm saying I don't even eat like this. I don't even eat carbas during the week, you know, really not trying to be bully with it.
Speaker 3: It's just how you know, when people transfer over to la A start talking like any cars carrots, just.
Speaker 2: Shout out didn't work. Somebody did that trick to you a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I have siblings, didn't even flinch.
Speaker 2: I am dead over here.
Speaker 1: You got so you haven't eaten this in fifteen years.
Speaker 3: That's like a testament to like your success in la having its footprint on you.
Speaker 1: Apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Eat like a regular person, like you know, I haven't said so. The most I don't do is red meat, and that's because LA I'm allergic.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're putting the onions in the water, got.
Speaker 2: It freshly cut? You know you don't. You can cut them how you want, as big as you want, as small as you want, is how many you want. I'm an onion lover, so you know I wouldn't use this much for just myself, but I probably used about three.
Speaker 3: Quarters of this just just hey, you ain't got to put the whole thing in. Don't destroy the dish because I will judge it.
Speaker 2: You gotta eat it too. There's two people I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 3: If it comes out all onion.
Speaker 1: I like onions as long as they're cooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like to cook them nice and soft. I like to get them nice and soft and just just the juice onion, juice in the water. I'm gonna put this now in the hood. I'm not gonna say I'm not from the hood, but I'm you know, I'm you know than that. I wasn't rich, but we don't. We normally didn't do this. But since it's here, speeds of the process I heard, so we're gonna let that just warm up and do his thing. The eggs are already boiled, so.
Speaker 1: Do you peel and crack them up?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, you know, let's peel them because what I am going to do at some point I am going to put them back in the pot. So you don't do nothing on the show.
Speaker 1: You pretty much, man.
Speaker 2: It's a really hard ball. Wow, you hit that, Jane. That's crazy, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I like, literally, let them boil me. And this girl was just joking. I was like, yo, let them boils for a while. We boil them yesterday and just put them in the fridge. You could probably throw you know, look I'm helping out.
Speaker 1: Look at this. Look at her. I can do this one handed.
Speaker 2: Look at her.
Speaker 1: You know, if you boil it right, if it just like slips right off.
Speaker 2: That's good. Did you put any salt in the water or nothing? You just threw them in the water. How long you been cooking.
Speaker 1: I've been cooking. I cooked good.
Speaker 3: Okay, But let's hear your story, missus. So did acting come first or did comedy come first?
Speaker 2: So a lot of people don't know because I am known a lot more from my comedy. But I started off as a dramatic actor for sure, got an NAACP Theater Award. You know, you don't get that. I just tell them all these jokes. You feel me. Idol was Denzel Washington, So I was mimicking a lot of Denzel performances for sure. And then when I moved to LA I started to get more into you know, comedy and stand up and I met up with my boy Brandon Brody, hilarious guy.
Speaker 1: But wait, before we get into you doing comedy, what was your first like, what was that first intro to acting?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What was that first gig, like, tell me like the lead up to it, that first big break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my first.
Speaker 1: Doing this work for you?
Speaker 2: I know, right, you better get it. So my first acting gig man, I remember, actually my first acting in general was an audition in high school and they said do a cold reading for this audition and I didn't really know what that was. That was my first time auditioning. I think that was probably my first time auditioning ever. And I didn't know what the cold for people don't know what the cold reading is. You get the script and you just got to go out there and you have little time to memorize any lines. You go out there and you just perform and act it out. You can still have your script, but you just got to kind of like real time. Yeah, And for me that's always been a little hard, Like even to this day, I like to memorize my stuff because I don't want to be trying to filter my thoughts and read at the same time, because I don't want to look like I'm reading. So I didn't know, and he was. I was like when I got on stage, I was like, there's a director was like, all right, action, and I was like, well, I didn't have enough time to mimigize my lines and he's like, what the like next? Just yell next? While I was on stage. That was my first experience.
Speaker 1: You were in high school.
Speaker 2: I was in high school. That's crazy. I wish I knew who that dude was now so I'm like, yeah, it's good, fam, Yeah remember you next me. But anyway, and not holding graduatees, so as I progressed, I did TV production in high school as well, and then I didn't actually get my first speaking role or acting job until I was I went to community college for like a year PG community for like a year and a half, and it's this play called Our Town or play how We Knew the Milkman. It was I didn't have any lines.
Speaker 3: And your family knew this whole time, and you knew this whole time. That's what you wanted to do, yes, ma'am. When did you know that you wanted to do it?
Speaker 2: I think? And it was some time in high school, like eleventh grade, near senior year, and they was like you know that time when they're asking you what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: What do you want to do? What college do you want to go to?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you want to get?
Speaker 1: A nine to five go to college.
Speaker 2: The dreaming of it came like in middle school when you see movies and like, oh, I want to do that. I want to be a part of that. I want to be in that world, but you don't really know how to get into it. But around when twelfth grade came to asked that question, I was like, yeah, it was blurry, I really it was. I didn't it was very far. I didn't have anything else I wanted to do, but acting that's the only thing that stood out to me. So after I graduated, I did Howard knew some in our town, and you know, I had to be the milkman in the place. But I do remember break. Before I went on stage, I was thinking to myself, Oh, it's the first time I ever acted. You know, you had that moment. I was like, oh, wait, what what? And then I went out there and did it. And then after that I started pursuing acting. I got my first manager, Linda Townsend and Maryland Uh. The same day I got the call that I was getting signed for. You worried about these I mean I heard smoke, no, no, let me turn it down. That's you see, guys, bullet you turn it down. You got a smoke detector.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just pray it never goes off.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna turn it down a little bit, you know, turn it down, turn it down to about a three. This is a fairly fast process. So yeah, I got a manager same day I got that call. Uh, I got a call from The Wire Productions HBO the Wire, and they said, you just got booked to be a background artist, featured background, so background is extra. But this one was like.
Speaker 1: How did you audition do You had to have auditioned right for that?
Speaker 2: No, So for that, like so to rewind, I was getting my I just got my head shots. I made. It was black and white back in the day. That's how far back black and white. And I just did a submission, mailed out a bunch of bones. Two different production.
Speaker 1: Companies personally were doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was ahead.
Speaker 2: Cryme and they called me back and I said, oh snaps. So I was background on the Wire was a big deal. Why is legendary?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I remember it on set and it's like I was just like, oh snaps, Like I won set, you know, and they having a little the guy. The thing that shot up to me the most was the crafty people don't know crafty and crafty is like the snacks and stuff that they give to the actors. This lady came out with cutting board with PB and J. No, this this, this is what set it off for me because the P B and J was it was it was on potato bread, and from where I'm from, the upper echelon of bread is potato bread. You make your PEPJ with some potato bread. That's a new level of taste. And the corners the crust was cut off. I'm oh, you know. They had some tunic fish like that too, but I was like, no, the people eja. So that was a moment for me. So I said, I have to get back on this show, you know. And I got on the wire again, but it was background again, but it was way further like a football field. I was like, why y'all even need somebody back there, you know, But that's just how it worked. So as I was getting in the game with the management, I would go to different auditions with the new manager and I ran into he actually ended up being my future roommate in LA one of my roommates, Dennis Hill, and he was like, yeah, I take this workshop in Baltimore where they they filmed in Baltimore. She's the casting assistant to the head casting and on the show she said you should go. He said you should go take it, you know, take her class once a weekend or whatever. And I went to go take it. I drove all the way down. It was a forty five minute drive from where I lived, and you know, I took the class. And she always said, you know, I can get you in the door, you gotta do the rest. And she actually got me an audition. Yeah, so it was actually when I went in there, it was my boy Dnnist and my other roommate I would see on auditions running around. He actually beat me out. My boy Mitch, he beat me out for a row. This time we both were going for a drug dealer and my other homeboy, Dennists he was going for a cop a boy. Dennis, he booked the cop a detective and I booked the drug dealer drug dealer, and I beat my boy Mitch. My first speaking role that got me qualified for the Union.
Speaker 3: And who'd you call? Like, who'd you tell when that happened? Like who was the first? Like, oh my god, mommy, I married it I.
Speaker 2: Called my parents, for sure, I called my parents, and it was that was a beautiful thing because on the wire, I remember, I told you I got excited about the crafty and they had like a crafty truck. The first time, I went like, oh, you can go to the crafty truck and then you can just tell them whatever you want. I want to be reading. What make it soundich And I was like, oh the treatment that was like.
Speaker 1: The next was the first time. Oh that was the first time. Okay, you know, you just.
Speaker 2: Had to wait till they escorted you over there. But this time I came and I saw, you know, they came to set and you know, I had a trailer. Now had dealer and Johann Jones taped the trailer.
Speaker 1: All taking pictures of it too. Back then they didn't have did they have.
Speaker 2: I think we had a phone. I mean you had to be.
Speaker 3: Bawling at the cell on the right, you know we had we had it was a beepers back then, Beeples.
Speaker 2: You ain't put me back that lone. Wait wait, whoa whoa don't date me like that. She said, beepers. She said the infamous B word, wow, beepers.
Speaker 1: Even in the wire, they had beeper.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, but that was written in the show. Okay, but they had how.
Speaker 1: Was that when the wire came out? I was still pretty young.
Speaker 2: The wire was out in shoot to two thousands.
Speaker 1: It was two thousands. I was still in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: You try to get med ship bevers. So yeah, So I get there and I walk on it inside the trailer and then see they got the shoes laid out, they got the outfite the first time I brought my my own outfit. They got me clothes, got me wardrobe. They even had me socks. I got super excited about the socks.
Speaker 1: I was like, hilarious.
Speaker 2: And the shoes yeah, and I was like oh snap. And then the PA came to the truck. He was like, mister Jalon with you like anything, you're hungry, And I was like, oh yeah, no, no, it's cool because the truck, the trailer was right in front of the crafty truck. I said, no, no, no, no, I see the trailer truck. I know how to get to it, you know, so no, no, no, no, no, we'll take your order. I said, you're thinking about I don't feel that.
Speaker 3: I would totally feel that. I don't feel exactly like, yeah, that's how I feel, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, And so then I do, and it was this was another moment, you know, because I had never acted on like a show this level, like a professional, like a network show.
Speaker 1: And how many seasons in were they at that point?
Speaker 2: Season five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you was really in it? You feeling the.
Speaker 2: First episode you know? So well? I was. I wasn't necessarily feel feeling myself. I was like just like more so like, oh, all right, it's the beginning. So I remember it was like a half a circle and it's Marlow, the main character. I'm here drug dealer. I'm like this drug dealer that's you know, small and pop shop on the block, and he brings me in and I'm coming and you should probably use this clip as I'm talking about it on the show. Yeah, YouTube find it. I had long little two string twist. I was, man, I like little B two K extra member back then anyway, so able to line up all these shaved down and everything like O Mario on it was like anyway, So yeah, I walk down and it's a half a circle and I'm talking straight tomorrow in my head, I'm like, oh, snaps, because I have never been on a production this level. So this other side, if to my right, my peripheral, all I can see is like almost one hundred crew members in equipment right there, and the reality, you know, soaks into you, like, man, there's a lot of money waiting on me to get these lines right, and you're just thinking, like time is money, and they just looking like all ain't in action, and you're like, so I do my lines? I do. I do always deliver. I definitely deliver. But it's like those moments. I've had a few of those moments in my career throughout time where it's like, man, you're here, you know. So that was my first speaking role got me qualified for this, say Union, you know, and I was ready to move because before I was trying to move to l A.
Speaker 1: So that one role got you qualified, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because the way it works with the Union, you got to have three, uh set three background roles vouchers on a SAG project. I already had one. I had two or one speaking role.
Speaker 1: Or or one on AAG project on the same project.
Speaker 2: On a SAG project, and that automatically got me qualified for that. So but I was before that, I was calling l A trying to get agents and the sack was like no, and they would hang up with me straight up. Just LA agents was just brutal. They still are h But yeah, So now I was ready to save up my money and move to l A.
Speaker 1: From the wire, you were you able to do that?
Speaker 2: Well? I was able to go to LA. Now I spent a few more years saving up some money. And I'll be real because all the money's gone now. Back then, but I saved about fifty thousand dollars almost fifty thousand. Yep. That's not the norm.
Speaker 1: But how are you able to do that off acting?
Speaker 2: Well? I actually had a nice government job driving government officials around.
Speaker 1: What kind of job was that?
Speaker 2: Just driving government officials around? Like Better's top secret, They're driving to the Pentagon, driving to the White House, Andrew's Air Force base. He's making like twenty five dollars an hour, okay, and then on overtime maybe almost thirty thousands.
Speaker 1: So you were doing that in Maryland while pursuing acting. Yeah, and you had your agent? Yeah, manager, manager, I mean, and so you don't have an agent. You're doing this for a couple of years, then you finally say let's go move on to La. Yeah, and now how hard was it to quit that day job that was comfortable?
Speaker 2: It was hard, but it wasn't hard because I had already been. When you got a passion, you got a passion. Plus I was young, and really young, like fresh out of high school. So it's like I'm about to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I had been, sus you didn't have that much overhead, I would imagine too. No, I was living with my parents even when you were doing the driving.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I didn't move out of my house until I moved to California, three thousand miles away from Maryland. That was my first time living anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Wow, and your parents, you come from a two parent household?
Speaker 2: Yeah, luckily so, I mean not luckily, but fortunately. So it's like a unicorn to be, you know, raised in the house with two parents.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah that's good. They're still married still rock Yeah good good. You have a crazy good, good foundation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the pedigree.
Speaker 3: So when they so when they when you moved, what were your parents were? They all one hundred percent in where they nervous so they knew you had a nice cushion and you were.
Speaker 2: They never shot I never really told my parents how much I say that they knew I was making money. I actually got my mom in that building too, she still did making good old money. I got a few people in there making money.
Speaker 1: Actually it was a great place to be, into that office to government building.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they knew I was always pursuing it. Like I said in school, and I would take the Chinatown bus from DC to New York just to take acting classes and never been in New York, don't have any family or whatever, so they kind of knew the energy was there. It was always safer because I was still close. Yeah, you know, it's different when you move across the country. I was just talking about this today. My father, you know, had tears when he saw me off to California and stuff. He ain't really a crier. So you know my mom didn't cry all. She just ain't no cry. She just is tough from d C. She real hood, you know, still to today. I'm trying to find catch your crying. Like I'm just about to just like poker and to see if I can gotch you.
Speaker 1: Why don't you do your fake onion cut. It ain't gonna work on her, Yeah, it probably wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Probably this how much. This is how serious I was trying to catch my mama crying at my grandmother's funeral. Her mother, Oh my gosh, No ways, she had these big old glasses on, right, the big Mary j I just got a black eye glasses on. And you know, I'm crying. In the midst of my cry, I look over to try to see if she doing and and all I could see was just a white She did the white. Oh so she did cry, but the white was dry as hell, like no way, it wouldn't know. It was just a dry ass white. And I'm like, yo, is she wiping dry tears like I still? And that was the only time I think I would have caught her.
Speaker 1: Did you ever ask your dad if he ever seen her cry?
Speaker 2: I haven't asked her, and I bet he hasn't, because my mama, she's a little hardcore woman, like she's just going she loveing, never cried. It's gonna come out in aggression, her pain gonna come out.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Got her mouth on her. I love it though, I love you, mommy. When she watched this, because she's gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: Oh real.
Speaker 2: I actually talked about her on stage too.
Speaker 1: That's good, good, old mama jokes, I gotta catch you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're yeah, it's I don't know if this is this looks like it's gonna be oily water.
Speaker 2: Boy, she's a hat already. Okay, okay, so look at that. I look nice. You see that. If they had a camera, you can see a two dollion.
Speaker 1: We used to have an overhead camera. Everyone's asking to bring it back.
Speaker 2: Why would you have a cookie show up?
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead, go ahead, Let's see how.
Speaker 2: How many episodes we end overhead?
Speaker 1: Definitely at one hundred episodes.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, she looks you see So look, guys, maybe you can zoom in or whatever. You see how the onions are almost crystally clear. Hen kind of sees.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're looking for when you boil them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means they're soft, Oh my god, wealthy. So now you know you can read the instructions. They say you only keep the news in there for about and I washed my hands.
Speaker 1: They keep We have sanitizer right there just in case.
Speaker 2: Who does that? Who licks their fingers and licks off sanitizer? You do that?
Speaker 3: By the way, one of my favorite dishes on this show is a ramen dish. So you are going up against a really great Raman dish and it was another comic.
Speaker 1: Okay, they made a bomb ram.
Speaker 3: No, they made a Ramen that was top top, it was no, you know what they did it. I'm not going to tell you to after I rate your dish. So there's two Ramins that are my top favorite romans that have been on the show. We actually don't allow people to make ramen really on the show. I just didn't want to go.
Speaker 2: Back because because because they're somebody had already did it, well, we just don't.
Speaker 3: We don't add Ramin unless someone has tweaked it to a certain point. But not because I really wanted you on the show, and I didn't want to push my little envelope because when I called you, you were so busy. You were like, I'm doing this, this, this is this, and I was like, please, God, just just give me.
Speaker 2: He's the victim now, Oh my god. You know I'm not gonna give them if I changed the meal, turn tweet, y'all see these guys. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So back to your story. You come to l A. Your mom's not a crier, and what's the first play.
Speaker 2: In LA You know, it's funny because I could have used this other meal, but I felt like it wasn't. It wasn't. It was it's just too easy. But I do remember, because you know, when you live with your parents and your parents cooking for you and stuff, you don't realize that that's a luxury until you get out on your own. So I remember like getting to my apartment, which now my boy Mitchell, he's the one who told me, but I told you about it was beat. I beat an audition he had already.
Speaker 3: I'm going to like make a snippet and just make sure that we find Mitchell and just would just have it on replay like a record.
Speaker 1: You know, Mitch, the one that I passed, the one that I beat on the audition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he know what it is anyway. So but privately to me moving out to LA, he was already out there, so he was like, yo, we got another bit. We had a full bed room apartment. You want to come out here. I'm not ready yet. I need to save up some more money. But he saved that room. So I finally got to LA.
Speaker 1: You didn't think forty five thousand was enough. You had to hit the fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Man, okay, I respect it.
Speaker 1: I respect it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all gone down.
Speaker 1: You and me likes that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah you. So I got there and I was like, man, that's crazy. It's my first meal. I had a can of ravioli, so lasagna came. I like that.
Speaker 1: I used to love.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. I still love raviol until I had it on eating while broke, and I was like, I can't believe I used to like this. I used to love that stuff.
Speaker 2: How'd you make it? Did you put anything in it? I don't something.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he did anything.
Speaker 3: But it just if you tried some of those can First of all, I'm the I'm the person getting cooked for Okay, I'm over here peeling eggs for you.
Speaker 1: Look at your egg. Your egg looked like someone attacked it from the side.
Speaker 2: Hey. Well anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I get to la and it's that realization moment, like, oh, I'm cooking for myself. Well, welcome to adulthood. So yeah, I made that. You know, it was a good meal. But it was like, oh man, I'm here. I just officially made my first meal for myself.
Speaker 1: Wow, your mom really took care of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, but I made meals for myself at home too, but it was like your first official on your own. Yeah, it's like that feeling like if you don't cook tonight, you ain't gonna eat and what you got, you know, that was that moment, you know, and then from there we went up. So that was so as I got to LA, I got the grind on, I got more head shots. I had cut my hair off to a low cut, and I submitted all these head shots and mass meling.
Speaker 1: Had help that you have roommates that were like pursuing the same industry.
Speaker 2: Yes, to know as far as knowledge of what we should be doing, but you know, they can't help us get in the room. Yeah. I remember my first experience. I would literally go to some of these casts and offices and drop it off just so I can know that it made it. William Shagner Shackner, you know, Captain Kirk star Trek. Yeah, yeah, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like yeah, so yeah he I remember I saw him in an office. He was on the phone having a little business and I'm thinking it had almost a similar address as the casting office. I think it was just connected. It was like one of those double addresses. So I go on there and I opened the door while he's on the phone, and I'm being respectful because I'm not going to talk, so I signed language everything. I'm like, hit shots. I'm basically saying hit shots here, and he was like, I was like, oh okay. So I'm like, okay, the dropbox is probably you know, on the side. So I'm walking walking and walking outside and I walked to the ventur Boulevard and I look around back and forth, and I was like, oh this mother. He pointed me to the highway. I hit Captain Kirk. Now, hold up my first, that's hilarious experience, Captain Kirk. Let me check these.
Speaker 1: I thought you really.
Speaker 3: I thought he really pointed you in the right direction the way you told it. Those are gonna be some salt noodles.
Speaker 2: Boy, you like him hard or so?
Speaker 1: I like them kind of hard. When I was younger, I like them soft.
Speaker 2: Was you gonna leave it in for like a minute longer? Okay, just to kind of I just wanted to break it up a little bit. But it's actually still a little hard in there for you. Okay, Okay, As a matter of fact, let me just want these eggs while we're in here, because you got these cold eggs. They supposed to be fresh. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Boom, that's how you put them in there?
Speaker 2: Well, just I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to expect and where do you put the butter? Okay, I'm gonna stay out the kitchen. I want to hear this story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So, so you're taking your you're taking control of the wheel. You're over here pitching yourself to all these casting agencies. What's the next big play?
Speaker 2: So I started getting a couple of plays. Uh, screenwriter don Bie Welch. He was really, you know, really hot in the city, like long lines of auditions for actors trying to get in this place. And I ended up getting in an audition and booking a play. And I started doing a couple of plays with him and building up my name in the city and his productions, and you know, I got me an agent as well out here in La started auditioning and stuff. So I was in the game, in the mix of everything.
Speaker 1: Did you need a day job during this whole thing or were you just like doing savings?
Speaker 2: Well no, actually I got my first job out here at Ikea.
Speaker 1: Oh, the way you let it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I got fired from IKEA. I think I was late or something whatever, but I ended up claiming unemployment.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. So then you were able to like pursue your dreams for at least another year, right.
Speaker 2: I ended up claiming in California and Virginia because I was fresh. So and then the raid around Obama time too, so he was passing all those nice checks. I was getting like every other week now fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I like.
Speaker 2: I love you, Obama, we miss you. And rent was only because it was cheaper than so rent. Rent was only four hundred and sixty five each for us, and my car was already paid off. I shipped it out here. Okay.
Speaker 3: So you were doing okay, and you're just pursuing your dreams, going staying focused. At what point do you decide you want to get behind the wheel in production and writing or does comedy come before that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to skip a milestone.
Speaker 2: So comedy always came natural to me. It was in my family. You know, a lot of my friends growing up. I feel like any of my friends, if they got serious about it, they could have been in this business as well. But I remember I think I got called to do something. When digital platforms start becoming any thing I'm a lower is just little. It started to become a thing. Well, I am had started a digital company, and this young lady was like, hey, how about you right four characters up like in living color style, and we can try to figure out how to shoot them. They never happened. So I ended up saying, look, I'm gonna shoot my own thing. And right around the time when YouTube is becoming a thing and I'm gonna go. And when I went home, I shot about two episodes, two characters of it getting in Lester and I think mister and missus s is something and I shot them and that was the beginning of the Jahan jones Is Show, which is kind of like Dave Chappelle meets him living color type energy. And then I came back out here and I shot all of the episodes. Grand Master Sugar like.
Speaker 1: That, why do you say you came back out here? Where'd you shoot it?
Speaker 2: Because I was okay, I went back home. So one of the times when I went home for the holidays, I said, I'm gonnaknock this out because I had more resources to my homeboy Adam. He shot ok, so you know, I had just had more resources, and I think I didn't even shoot at him. I think somebody else was always facebooking me and like you shoot you know, you shoot us. So somehow I got my hands with some cameras and I shot those two episodes the beginning, and then I came back to LA and finished about another eight or six episodes. Grandmaster Sugar. He's a funny character. I think I need to bring back, and a few other characters, Juicy Larry to Jerry Carroll, a lot of stuff. And I created that show and I put it out and I ain't getting no views. That was my first time, but I felt like it was crazy because it was before like viral shit. So I would like Facebook everybody and DM everybody on Twitter, and I got like a thousand views. Oh my god, a thousand people saw my video and that was a win for me. Yeah you ready for me to for you up?
Speaker 1: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: She hungry, y'all? Yeah him, get your bowl over there, because she hung.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, are you gonna put the butter in it?
Speaker 2: She's hungry? Forget this project. I just I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see it. Yeah, I'm just trying to see when you put them all in there, can I stand? Yeah, go ahead do it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna starve to death. It's gonna be mush noodles. We don't need teeth for Jahan's noodles.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't.
Speaker 1: I assure you this.
Speaker 3: They look like straight barely noodles. Could be mashed potatoes, like eat.
Speaker 2: Paper for noodles. It's cool. Yeah, that's her.
Speaker 1: I went to Japan and I had their ramen. By the way, how hard was it? It was pretty good. Yeah, I just don't like noodles. I'm probably saying it wrong. Let's just forget it because I'm probably saying it wrong.
Speaker 2: What's it tastes like? Why didn't you like it?
Speaker 1: It's just like that thicker noodle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah it was a softer heart.
Speaker 1: Probably hard, but I like the ramen. I like the ramen in Japan.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna get you some onions because you know I talked very horridly about these onions. Look at the ice crystal in them onions? This crystally Yeah, yes, she's about to love this.
Speaker 1: So when does your your YouTube start taking off?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Like, how many years did it take.
Speaker 2: So the YouTube actually it started, it didn't really start off on its own. I had left YouTube for a while and did more of the stuff on social media because what had happened was I had did the Johann jones Is Show and had it, and now Marlon wins was creating something called what the Funny was another digital company, and he was like, you know, I felt like I wanted to give you little juice juice. Need to keep the juice.
Speaker 1: Buy you put no seasoning package. I'm trying. I'm trying to focus, all right, your focus.
Speaker 2: So I knew that, hey Marlon got like ten every every every comic, and you know.
Speaker 1: There's other utensils along the side right over here struggling with Now.
Speaker 2: That's how you get in the hood. You ain't got other you ain't got when you broke. You don't have all this used what you got.
Speaker 1: You know that egg look tore up. You could. You're gonna know you were the one that.
Speaker 2: That ap peeled it. Now you cooked that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, continue you continue. Wait, you weren't hypeding you end up working with Marlon Wayne's.
Speaker 2: I was a super hype So I was like, okay, let's add some butter for her, since you want to be buttered in cholesteroled out. So I was like, man, how I'm much stand out because every black comic in la is gonna be trying to get in this and also he has like thirty siblings that's going he's gonna put on, So how do I stand out? So it was like, okay, Vine, Remember.
Speaker 1: I remember Vine. Vine helped a lot of people's careers the first TikTok.
Speaker 2: So basically I was like, man, there's an app called Vine, and nobody is like paying attention, used a little bit more better paying attention to this app, Like we're really focused on these longer vert videos and this is the fastest meaning of growing a meaning, means of growing a following, and nobody's doing it. So I said, let me put together a Vine group just for What the Funny, not even taking care of myself, and we brought them from like one hundred thousand to No. No. A thousand to one hundred thousand in less than six months.
Speaker 1: A thousand to one hundred thousand on What the Funny, on What the Funny's account, which was the Marlon Wayne's account, which.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, which was his company. Now vine ended up going down because all the big guys you know, said they didn't want to do it anymore because they weren't getting paid. So it's blackadd in black pepper guys. And I knew all these guys too, you know. I remember I did my first stand up show with uh Andrew Bachelor aka King Batch, and I remember him hit calling me up for his first million followers, like he would invite me all the time to do vines. You're like, yeah, I got my first million followers. Come to my bowling party. I got like fifty million followers now. But I was like, man, I'm doing plays and I got awards and stuff in movies, like you know, I had did a couple of crash I was in this movie called Starving Games that was in theaters that was a spooful on Hunger Games. So I'm like, you know, there's this six second app this. Yeah. Then I realized, like a year go by, I'm driving party bus. It's part time only on the weekends. I'm like, man, all my peers is quite a few people have gotten famous in all these brand deals and almost millionaires in a year, and here I am a year round and I'm still on this party bus. And I was like, man, it ain't because like, these cats are more talented than me, talented than me. They were just outworking me a lot. Yeah. I was doing spoof and posted on YouTube once a week, and these dudes were doing new videos, new content.
Speaker 3: Yea, they were so I know that squad and they are they were beasts. They would meet up on the weekends, they would you know, figure out their whole strategy and they would all get together and just tape every freaking day.
Speaker 2: And back then, we couldn't save to a camera roll until like maybe six months later, so you literally had to shoot your video six second video, edit it, and post it. So there was no like, oh, we're going to have a day like. So they were really working. Yeah, So I decided, hey, I'm about to get into it. But by that time I had start working with Russell Simmons his company All Deaf Digital, And because the same young lady Ashley who got me at What the Funny, she started working with All def Dish and she said, hey, we're looking for creators over here, YadA YadA, And I almost made the same decision because I neglected my Vine account and only focused on what the Funny account, I'm adding this to a packet. Some people say you shouldn't this too, mussodium, don't add the whole packet, But you broke. You want all the season you can get, so you just add what's in the pack So just sticking to what it is I can get this guts you on your crystal.
Speaker 3: So you end up you almost make the same mistake that you did with what the Funny with Russell? But what what was the thing that said now, I'm not about to do this a second time.
Speaker 2: So they finally add more seconds fifteen seconds to Instagram. Oh yeah, and they will pull Instagram with smart because they were pulling all of the creators over from Instagram, I mean from Vine to Instagram. Oh we're gonna come over here, guys, and we're gonna get you more.
Speaker 1: And they needed it, they really, I mean the the the influencers needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they needed And it was the beginning of you know, it was the beginning of Instagram and you know Vine in the vine and vine Vine created what we call the influencer. Yeah, you had a couple of cats on YouTube doing their thing like the storm is doing his thing. Tim de La Ghetto was doing his thing a couple of guys.
Speaker 1: But who's wrong and you're going up against by the way.
Speaker 2: Tim, Yeah, that's so cheat. He's Asian. Yeah that's all they ate growing up, is that racis. But oh yeah, you can't you cool with my boy? So yeah, that was the situation with that. But I said, you know what, now, I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna focus on myself. So I was about to put together an Instagram group for all that digital. I said, nah, I had did a few videos. I said, na, I'm gonna focus more. So I said, a video every day until I get a million followers. In less than a year, I got a million follows on Instagram. Yeah, and that's the way the history is made. That's when I my realm of social media came. I was like, I consider myself the second wave, you know what I mean of influencer. But I'm also you know, I started off as an actor, so I have that background of that as well.
Speaker 1: And how are you handling putting out that much content?
Speaker 2: Man? Because at this point I just treated everything like a work system. I was able to you know, we could have camero save stuff. So I'll just have shooting days. So my day typically was every Thursday, I would get together, call some actors up and you know, meeting my boy Terrence aka Terrence Green aka Ross Swagger, meet up his apartment and we knock out three four videos a day and eventually we went up ended up going into my other boy house, Kenny. He had a whole house, and we just start shooting there. They start calling the sketch house. And man, these things will get big too. Man, you have like you know, because it's becoming thing, like people know we were shooting like, uh, soy sauce, don't add too much because this is very soft.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because watching you make this, like you look like you really know what you're doing, Like you you don't perfected this ramen.
Speaker 2: You don't want to add too much because you you know, you already got the SODI minutes. You just get a few dads. You know, we don't like salty food around here. You feel me family, So yeah, I started, Uh what was I saying?
Speaker 3: You start you end up at the house where you're starting banging out. I'm guessing a kazillion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then people was coming, man, people coming in like a party, Like I remember one time it would get so crazy because you had all the people, Like I started bringing all my cats that actually shot what they were comedians, you know what I mean, Because a lot of influencers were just like influencers that picked up people that picked up the phone and started getting consistent. But I wanted to bring in some like real like people that been in the game, so I you know, I like, I know I was with me doing the stand up. I'm bringing like Tony Baker, Clayton Thomas, bt Kens, League Ron g like these all my guys I'm bringing into my world because I you know, I'm looking out because I got my stuff going because I when I got into the game, my boy King Keron, he looked out for me a lot, just kind of like I never was a person that felt like, oh I gotta be worried about somebody taking my shine, like I'm always going to share. So I had to dad On beg Clayton to shoot the videos. Clayton Thomas, he was like, man, ain't doing it. Ain't doing it. Ain't doing it. And I had for like almost a year. I'm like, oh man, it's his wave is the way when he finally came through and he's killing now, he's my boy, big job. You know, he's killing in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try that, Try the way you do it, make that sound, she said, I can't, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it's the time. Sure this in a while. Hold on, we get everything. Not normally like to ask a little bit of garlic powder too. But you know I forgot you did not put it.
Speaker 1: You did not put want because he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did forget that good and I had the list of butter.
Speaker 1: Gonna double check that.
Speaker 2: Okay, make sure you're getting more nice and deep in the in the in the juices though, you know, go down in the juices though, you know, yeah, you try to get some onion on it too, and get you some crystal onions.
Speaker 1: The story is sounding like it's about to get good. All right, try it.
Speaker 2: Chairs gonna say your blessing little bit, thank for this male price is healthy and blessing and blows them ound away and beat tams a little punk little dish, you know what I'm saying. The rud noodles, and it's hot and tasty. She got choked. She got chokes.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something. And there was like all the Ramins on the show.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you the order Tims, then Bone Thugs, then Ashley Everett. Yours would be like the absolute last Ramen of all time. It's because you overcook the noodles. You put way too many onions.
Speaker 2: She worried about these these go to the box.
Speaker 1: You won't even see me to watch me small.
Speaker 2: Go to the bottle. You don't need it. Chew, you don't need a chew. Them soft the better.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, he's a salty. Give me the soy sauce. Maybe it'll help you.
Speaker 2: You want some more sauce.
Speaker 1: He put so much uh rawm and seasoning in it, so.
Speaker 2: You're saying it salty.
Speaker 1: This is like mush.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm telling you you master egg in it. Oh, I ain't even try to take to try the egg.
Speaker 4: Try.
Speaker 1: But now, let me just tell you something. You wouldn't compete against nobody's drama.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me see, let me try to old. Let me try this little egg that you try to cook. Not your head, No, that's your head.
Speaker 1: I think it's just too much onion. It's been boiled too long.
Speaker 2: Onions are the key guys. Onions a key life.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why you ain't had this dish in a long time. Hold on, my goodness, you have like a stroke from this dish.
Speaker 2: Stroke. You just added more soy sauce.
Speaker 1: You're adding more salt and so salty. I think I'm only going.
Speaker 3: In for more. Why'd you add soy saut the salty because I was hoping it would drawing out the salt.
Speaker 1: I didn't know soy sauce was that salty on its own.
Speaker 2: So guys, you try to just and y'all tell us in the comments. Is it is it? Is it not? Or is it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest. It would have been great if you added less of that seasoning packet.
Speaker 2: Really, there's so much noodle though? Does it does?
Speaker 1: Does it bring you back? Do you feel like you're reminiscent now?
Speaker 2: Kind of? Is it? M hm? I ain't gonna hold you. It's not that bad. Had a little bit more, God, but it's all preference. She likes your noodles like paper noodles.
Speaker 3: And it didn't have to be this soft like do you guys see me? Like I literally just put my tongue to the roof and just mashed it. I could have swallowed it.
Speaker 2: I don't like hard noodles because it feels like, oh am, I just eating cereal. If I eating it straight from the pack, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, if I went to your house for ramen, we were cooking two different parts.
Speaker 2: I would have to cook her as longer. See that's why. That's why you have to cook it single. I like Loki just because everybody has a different way of cooking their noodles. Though. Everybody has a different taste. Some like hard, some like sauce, some like the whole pack, some like half the pack. Somebody, you know, hot dogs in this stuff.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you how Tim did his He got this thing called Mama Ramen. So that's how he cheated. He had a different season. It was like a tie seasoning. He had a peanut butter to a ship, and that shit sounds disgusting when I say it was the best ramen of all.
Speaker 2: Time peanut butter, I promise you.
Speaker 1: With the tie with the tie ramen, I was like, hell, no, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, because he's making seat that's peanuts songs.
Speaker 1: And they had it like corn and hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Do it what?
Speaker 1: And then he had like I think top chops scallions. It was down.
Speaker 2: You cannot compete with somebody that's Asian, I know. I was like, that's like saying, oh, you call me black person, make fried chicken and a bunch of a bunch of uh, you know.
Speaker 3: But I will say bone thugs in harmony. They added cheese to theirs, and I thought that was all of them.
Speaker 2: That's a cheat too, all four of the game, Army.
Speaker 1: Coming in lazy it was lazy bone, but it was like a spread ramen. It was delicious, all right, but.
Speaker 2: All of them it was you know what.
Speaker 3: It was just the fact that they added cheese that was different from me. I was like, damn, I never thought about that. It was pretty impressive. Have you ever added cheese to your ramen?
Speaker 2: Never too much, that's too much.
Speaker 1: It was pretty good, but yours is like, yo, you broke. You ain't got nothing in the account. You got like just ramen. You got a half onion in your fridge, you got some eggs. Yeah that was George.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, if you add more crystals hot sauce to probably help it. Let's try, all right.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I'm glad you're here and you're spending time with me. And I've now discovered one of the worst ramins.
Speaker 2: Ain't the worst. I'm I'm Bruce. Spruce it up again out there.
Speaker 1: You know what it is? You just over cooked it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna do that for her next time and.
Speaker 1: See what happens if I put a lot of hot sauce on it.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna change it because it's still soft noodles. But it's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I could smell that house. That may have been too much.
Speaker 2: Made a whole new dish. It's not even my recipe anymore, so go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So back to your story when you hit that one point five, just to take it back, were you like low key like, what was that experience? Because I know I would have been hyped. I would have been hyped off like two hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it was. It was a ground. It was in a journey to get there.
Speaker 1: It was one of the videos. Did it really take off?
Speaker 2: Is that? What? I did have one video that went crazy that a lot of people was like, and it was before people were like going viral on Instagram. I think it's just up like a glitch because I but I gained like fifteen thousand and twenty thousand. No, I came like almost fifty thousand followers from that one video, and it was like, I don't know, it just went crazy, then it stopped, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, and then you had to just keep working until you got another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, just grinding and posting and doing shoutouts. Shoutouts back then like me and Haha Davis and Tonio Skins. We had like groups of cats. I remember Desi. We would do shoutouts banks like been in the game for so long to be some on everybody. We all are a party. But they were oh you they came a little bit after they came, like maybe they were probably as.
Speaker 1: They're also a different market because they're Atlanta market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's still all the Internet. It's influencers Instagram, I would say, Instagram.
Speaker 3: I know Simone taps in with like day Storm Squad a little bit by. I don't never see Desi and.
Speaker 2: Uh no not not Desi, but no, no, yeah, because usually what.
Speaker 1: I noticed with those clicks is like you have your DC's crew DC Young fly that hole, but.
Speaker 2: They all PC bas. You gotta think about it. Back then, it was all like just kind of only a few of us. You got Batch and everybody who was the godfathers, and then then that's a tight circle. Then they started expanding more so you had probably about ten of us as far as urban influencers that kind of all were the known guys.
Speaker 1: And you guys didn't hey, y'all just kind of collod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, collab, but boom boom, we're doing our thing now, DC, Young Fly, B Simone and everybody started to come to LA and jump in these videos. Especially all of them would want to do at some point and the levels of career, I want to do something with Batch, so they would all come out, like Country Wayne, he came out a couple of times. He shot some videos with me, Like they all start to come but then it just became, you know, an expansion of influencers and it got bigger and bigger. But I remember, yeah, I was excited my first million followers because it was a thing like everybody had hit a million followers, they would do like a celebration video, a big video, and I, you know, I like to think big like my I like look up to Michael Jackson. So I was like, man, I'm gonna do this. So I was like, all right, I'm gonna get all like the top guys like Bad State Storm, you know my boy fondso Melville, Greg Spoken Reasons and like a bunch of Tonio, a bunch of influences that you were familiar with and putting in one video just you know. I'm like, I'm having a celebration. I always had in my head Eddie Murphy's song or the ending of coming to America when he got his wife. You kind of favored a little bit of that thing about this little you know what I'm saying. But you know what, the celebrations we just got married. So I said, I want to use that. So I said, man, I don't know why I get these ideas. I'm gonna get a band. So I went to all this. I went to u a high school, the Hollywood High School on Highland, and I went up in there. I was like, look, man, I got a million follows and I'm gonna do celebration now. This one used the band and I wanted to play this song and he was like, yeah, well we won't get to everyone there. That's cool and it's supposed for us. So I had a band and I had everybody show up. Then I was I'm gonna take it to the next level because I was doing a lot of stuff with Heartbeat Productions. So I'm like, man, and they's talking about we talking about Kevin Hart at the peak, like the hottest, hottest of his career, and I was like, man, I had told Kevin right before, like I was hearing. I was like, man, when I do my million follows celebration, you're gonna be in it. He's like, yeah, okay, sure, he jokes about it. Let me get your vote, you know, whatever you want to vote. And I was like yeah, you know. So that time comes and I was like, yeah, can I get cared? You know, I'm talking to his people and don't get cave and we was going to the What Now premiere and they was like yeah, all right. So cav said he'll do it for you, but you gotta be quick, and I just fect rewind back to one of those moments I had. This is a I had with Kevin, but I was more prepared. But back then, when I shoot with Marlon Wains and he was doing promotion for his movie, A Scary Movie, he was like all right. He comes in, He's like, all I want to do a vine Now normally you got the vine groups. Everybody got something to say. You know, I was the leader, but everybody always got ideas that they want to do, and I just feel like the boss. But as soon as like Marlon comes in, imagine this is the hotel, this is the door, and that's the room, like literally everybody on the couch sitting where the cameras are. And I'm at I let Marlin in and he goes straight past me and sits on the couch and it's like, all right, so what we don't what do you want me do? And for a split second, I'm like you grow up and color and all I can hear in my head was like, oh my gosh, I'm about to give direction to be the director for Marlon freaking waans like he's asking me, just use me, tell me what you want me to do. But it felt like ten minutes, but it was a half seconds. I went straight yeah, all right, we're gonna do that, you know. So fast forward back to this time with Kevin and I'm shooting. I'm used to shooting and everything, and I know how to cheat around to get stuff done would limited amount of time, So keVs like they was like yeah, so cav won't come in after the thing after you talked to y'all and you got a little because you gotta get ready to back on the road, so you got to go ahead shoot it. So I said, all right, me and my boy Tonio s kiss on life. So look, keV, I just want you to go in and uh talk smack about me being excited about having a million files. I should play this during the interview too. You talk smack about me.
Speaker 1: I love how you're also like your director and editing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So he up there talking smack about me, and I'm like, look, I'm just gonna get your reactions, do all your thing. We get one take it at, gonna light it up, and then you can go ahead and leave. Okay, I'll just get my reactions. Just camera on me, and we knocked it out, and I had this video and I got put everything together. I had the band, I had all I even had, like to shoot all my influence, like batching everything separately because I couldn't get him all on the same schedule. So I shot a book tight and it made it look like they was all together. And I got a horse. I said, I need a horse. I need a white horse. I've never ridden a horse.
Speaker 1: Find this video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can't find it, I'll send it. So I had a d horse and I was like, I'm a ride in on this horse with this little white suit. Looked like a monkey suit. I found it in downtown and looked like a little Mexican. Not racist, but you look like a little Mexican, like one of those band suits, just to be funny. And I'm on this horse, and I remember that the training was still holding that horse. I remember like, whoo that thing because we had to drone out there, and I think the nurse the horse was a little nervous from all this stuff, like it's always it's as good a hint to them. I'm like, no, it's not. I think that drone was throwing him at the sound. He joed it one time and I felt like in between my thighs, I said, oh, this is a lot of power. I could die on. This is all It's pure muscle under my legs right now. If he decides to go crazy, I'm done. But he didn't. We got it. We got the video. It was out. It was magical, and I remember in the comments that everybody was like, dang, that's crazy. How'd you get that horse? I'm like, I got one of the biggest comedians in the world to talk smack in my celebration video and all you guys can worry about is the horse, all right? You know? So yeah, that's how I celebrated it was it was a great mind. I do things big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. I like that. So what was that big next big milestone for you?
Speaker 2: Shoot the big next milestone?
Speaker 3: Just so at this point, are you you're still acquiring like a huge YouTube following too, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh then I okay, So I said I wanted to do longer content, so I went over and created a show called You Hitting That on YouTube. That's when I returned back to I did a few videos before to kind of get the rhythm. So I never really put my old viral videos, which I've seen a lot of people posting my videos over the over the years because of music. I used a lot of music, and YouTube was always tripping about music and you can't monetize it. But I finally came back start doing more original content and I did the show and you know, me and my boy Dame Pierre, we created the show together and it went crazy. It went crazy. Fans love it. They still love it, and it's still a brand from it. It's called you hitting that. And I mean I think like, especially the first season, every episode man minimum had a million.
Speaker 3: Views, and what was those YouTube checks looking like? What was that first experience with that first check?
Speaker 2: That was great, that was actually marvelous, But it still wasn't as impactful as it could have been because YouTube had all these rules. Sometimes they got me for music. Sometimes it was like just a little bit too sexual energy for you, so it would not get the full glow of like monetizing if normally, if it's green, it means you're gonna get the maximum amount of money. If it's yellow, it's gonna be a little shaky. If it's red, you ain't getting nothing, you know. So I had a lot of yellows I had to learn. The second season got you know, I kind of could control a little bit more. But at that point I wasn't really worried about that. And then I start adding like more familiar faces and comics like Michael Collier. I even managed to get Lisa Ray the Great and a couple of episodes of the second season. Then I end up shooting a movie for it called You Married That that just got on All Black Streaming network. And I'm gonna do some more things with the movie. It's a fan base for it. Then another show and just building from that. And that is leading me now to getting ready to launch my own network. It's called the Judi Network. What. Yeah, It's time to take my power back and you know, go to the next time. Now, this is not an extended YouTube. This is actually I'm not going to be in everything. This is.
Speaker 1: What you're saying network. When I think of networking Zeus.
Speaker 2: And yeah, well Zeus is great, love them making money, but not as aggressive yet. But the same people that built those platforms like Zeus built minds, oh built yours?
Speaker 1: Yes, So what is the headache for that next milestone?
Speaker 2: Money? I need money? So if any investors looking out.
Speaker 1: There, are you doing it currently with your own money or have you raised some capital.
Speaker 2: I'm going for broke, Robert Townson style, going for broke, just trusting myself, investing in myself and getting ready. I'm shooting already shot at third season of you Hitting That because that's a brand that.
Speaker 1: I know what I called you the other day, you were shooting a bunch. Where were you work on the drama? Well, I think I just got back from New York.
Speaker 2: I shot a Christmas movie for BT, so that's what I did, kind of like around the time you hit me. But I'm getting in production for the drama and and all this stuff with the stand up going. I just came from Arizona did to show off there, so it's a lot. But I'm back now back. I got a production call after this talking about that drama. So when you say that drama, it's a drama series. Is a drama series for for you? Or is it for the Juda Network? But it's again, it's not like something I'm starting in. It's just something else and then be acquiring more content and just building up and put new series on there too.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the network, the Judah the Judah Network jud H j u d a j u d ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Get ready. As a matter of fact, you're looking.
Speaker 1: For a home, you know what I'm saying. You know, I was already thinking, you know, got a lot of.
Speaker 2: Why not. You know you can break bread or noodle harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, as long as it's not Joe noodles.
Speaker 2: You want.
Speaker 3: Okay, So with everything you've experienced, what was like one of the like, what do you think is one of the secret ingredients for like your life?
Speaker 2: Distrusting in God man and you know, just sticking to it. Uh. And the number one thing I say uh to anybody getting into the business is consistency. It's just really that's the magic sauce, the magic ingredient, you know, to all this stuff. This is consistency. Even the lesser talented are able to make a name for themselves if they're consistent. That's why I see a lot of TikTokers or even back then winers that they are the biggest tons of people, but they were posting. So after a while people just kind of like buy into what they're doing. And even in that consistency, they get better because they're practicing. Yeah, so they are actually getting stronger because of the work that they put in.
Speaker 3: Now there's some people that feel like they are consistent. Would you say that there's like a milestone metric. I know in podcasting we talk all the time at the black effect and I heeart, iHeart is a super Consistency is everything they give me. The talk of Colleen, you know, our top number one show has been around.
Speaker 1: For thirty years.
Speaker 3: But I know, like in podcasting, they'll say, like the magic numbers around the three hundred marks, three hundred episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, three hundred episodes, Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's it. Podcasting is a different beast, though it's a lane of its kind of. I've come to realize that world is a numbers game. You've got to really put in the time and an episode. Like I feel like everybody I see that's been doing it for like, you know, hundredth episodes like these an hour long episodes. That's your life, you know. But it's doable. It's definitely doable, and it's like it feels like when it hits man, the following fan base you get is just they're so loyal. Like you see podcasters doing podcasting on the road, like even the eighty five South, Like of course they got the wild'n out and everything, But I've seen podcasters that didn't have that following or name, but they have a huge podcast now and all the numbers go up. Yeah, and people just want to come out and experience you live. And that's that real money, that real loyalty, you know that I feel like every entertainer should want or have.
Speaker 1: Ye I was saying, like, so for some people that are like I've been consistently at it.
Speaker 3: For a year, do you think that even quantifies in this age of the digital world or do you or should it just be like you don't stop until you you actually win.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, if you really love it, you ain't really doing it for a time. You know you're doing it because you love it, You're not. You know, we used to joke about actors coming out in the beginning when we first got out in the game. I mean, you have these friends. Oh man, I'm just gonna come out and I'm gonna move to LA for a year and just see how it works. And if I don't make it within a year, then it wasn't for me. And we just laughed, like, boy, you think you're about to move to LA and just pop off and be the next Denzil or Holly Berry in one year? Okay, gonna take you six months to pronounce kawanga Losiana. You're gonna be the lachianga kawonga Like you're gonna be saying that for eight months, you think, like it really is true? Like this business they say ten years whatever, but sometimes it is, you know, it's a relationship base. It definitely is a lot of relationships. And even when I first moved out here, the first wave of strikes that were happening with the writers and everything. You know, a lot of people could say, man, I wish I came out at a different time, But I built up a lot of relationships and I wouldn't take anything from that, because you know, I know a lot of people in California, in Hollywood, you know, and it's the beauty of social media that I know even more people in the industry and they know my name if they haven't met me directly. You know, it's crazy what I was thinking about that before because my boy, uh Keron, he cracked jokes about me because I was shooting a lot with him. I had the iPhone like four or something, and I think the iPhone six was out at the time, and they'd be like, man, why you you got like one hundreds of thousand people looking at your little iPhone for quality? Like, you know, but if the irony of it is like it's crazy that we could be like, man, I built a career that superseds a lot of careers all on the phone, I phone four you know what I mean. Like, you got your actors that are consistent and not taking away anything from traditional Hollywood, but it's just the game. Like you can see a TV show that you like right now, and it could be an actor that's on there pretty frequently but not as much, but you would like you see them out and you be like, I think I know I recognize them somewhere. I think you know. But because the way Instagram and Vine was like they literally, you know, everybody has the phone everywhere, everybody's on their phone, and they looking at these videos and it's consistently like seven seconds, fifteen seconds is playing over and over. It's like our faces and voices are being embedded in your head, you know what I mean. And people connect more. So you got people on these big Fox TV shows or whatever network, and here you are like, what is really the level of success that we're talking about here? Like what is it Hollywood or is it? Like all right, I'm known, I don't have to work it. I haven't worked a job outside of entertainment in ten plus years.
Speaker 1: That's you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: By the way you know you can I've been I can go all around the United States and people know my work, Oh, we love you work, and were fans. I don't like calling people fans supporters, but like, you know, that's there. So you got that. I went out the country. I was in Antigua, and you know, they were like, oh, we love you videos. Oh man, y'all watching videos over? Yeah? Yeah, and he hit me with the little movie more than you know, bro, more than you know you know what I mean. So you got people all over the world that you got celebrities this year. I heard people at studios be like, oh, yeah, we'll be watching you guys, you know, legs like Robert Townsend and Keene Like you'd be like, man, what's a funny man like me? And Keene was just looking at y'all videos like what like these are like the guys that we look at like modeling our stuff after them, you know? So what is really success at that point? Like do we let us believe that? Are we supposed to believe that success is what Hollywood says it is or you just really look at what life is now. Of course we want to be every artist, well most from where I come from, you want to get that. Okay. I was in Transformers and I was recovered. So that is the goal for sure. But sometimes you got to not be so hard on yourself and really sit back and analyze all that you have done and be like, man, it's kind of you did more than some of the actors that just got chosen, you know what I mean, And you have a brand and it's nothing more beautiful to see that outside of the phone. I remember I did my first show in DC and I recorded like I did it like in November, right around my birthday. It's freezing out there and there's a long line and you know, I'm recording the line and you're like, all these people, it's beyond now my family and friends, Like this is all these people betting outside waiting for you, meaning that at some point they had to say I like you, I'll follow you. Now. I need to get up, get dressed, pick an outfit, drive to you, and wait in the cold to see you. That is gratifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can only imagine that is a.
Speaker 2: Super feeling, you know what I mean. I feel like anybody that's really working hard in this to get to that level.
Speaker 1: Is that would be like a hole. That would be the time at the.
Speaker 2: Moment because you work, I'm all corny and stuff. I feel like, hey, we'll get in here so we can watch you, like you know what I'm saying. But that's like, man, it's crazy, Like I'm like, look this line along this line is to see me Like it's like, Okay, all the hardwork that you and the validation you've been trying to get from the industry, it is like people really support you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well I respect it. I know the show I mentioned this. I hope I mentioned it, but we only interview like self made. Everyone has to be self made and they had to start from this terrible ass ramen. I'm gonna say you know what, I'm gonna give you grace you know why, and respect because you have not eaten this dish in ten years, so this is probably you know, you forgot how long ram is supposed to cook, right, you know I have not It could have.
Speaker 2: Beenshed it because I don't eat it anymore. But I got some dishes for you. Okay, don't don't think this is a judgment of being a cook. Okay, this is a joke. So you got some real dishes for hey, Hey, I make a banging a banging salmon pasta.
Speaker 1: Oh for real, good salmon pasta too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I could compete, though, compete it all. I'm also over the years have been the turkey champ. I have some of the softest, juiciest turkeys.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yes, I make my infamous Barbie honey cute chicken thighs. Yeah, I make some dishes.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you make your turkey not dry?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a secret.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: You know, it's good when someone says that they don't want to share the recipe.
Speaker 2: Because then you're gonna be going and then well, I will say, is is love and care? Okay, you got to continue continuously check on your turkey, check on your bird, and you got to love on that bird.
Speaker 3: Anything are you talking about? Like you only make it during Thanksgiving and you make a juicy during Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Were making turkey all time?
Speaker 1: I just I was just curious because you was like, I'm a turkey juicy turkey person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm a juty toy. I don't like I'm sorry, I'm not very raciust, but I don't like white meat. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't like white meat eating. I agree, I got to have.
Speaker 2: So I want people to be saying, like, your whole turkey taste like dark meat.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Try this turkey.
Speaker 1: Do you cook turkey for your family for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Yeah? My mom be mad. She'd be trying to hate because you know, you're putting all the extra stuff in it, Like you know my turkey better. It is what it is, Like Mom, you know.
Speaker 1: I want to try this turkey. Okay, I want to try it for real. I'm I'm gonna hold you to it.
Speaker 2: Bring your turkey.
Speaker 1: I've never no, not a turkey. First of all, turkey is naturally dry, so why would I in a turkey.
Speaker 2: I just had a homegirl come to our spot a couple of weeks ago. We had like a friend's kickback, and we all brought food and stuff. And she came to years ago when I first moved out here. Thanksgiving friend friends Giving, Yeah, and she said, I never eat turkey. I never have in my life. I'm not gonna do it. She brought the story up probably like eight years later, in the house in front of everybody. She's like, you know what, your turkey was the first turkey I ever had and liked because I never liked turkey my whole life, and then I had your and you know, lie, it was juicy, and oh I think I can mouth cookie now, she said, she got out. Yeah, because people have been holding this in. I didn't bless them, and now all of a sudden years later they wanted to step up to the master. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I want to try this turkey. I want to try the turkey.
Speaker 2: I got people never in the life like turkey, and I changed and I converted them. You know what.
Speaker 1: You know what someone made for me the other day that I never had was fried salmon.
Speaker 2: There's interesting. People don't really do fris wonder. I guess Sam just looked at it as like a healthy fish.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no one's ever done it.
Speaker 3: But you want to know something, what was also impressive that you would think when you fry salmon would be really dry.
Speaker 1: This cat did it and it wasn't dry.
Speaker 3: I was thoroughly like sitting there like you know, you know, when it's so good, you'd be like, hey, come over here, so what what what breading.
Speaker 2: Did you use?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and how how long did you.
Speaker 2: Do that for? Okay? You must have baked it again or something I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he did it, but I'll probably text. But it was fried and he used the Louisiana you know, the the breading the season, and they used it.
Speaker 2: The reason probably why I haven't tried f like that.
Speaker 3: I don't fry, but I promise you that fried salmon. I was like at the freak out and it went so quick you couldn't even get more we had with it. I mean they had everything. They always have a big spread.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I was thoroughly like, okay, So what I'm saying is more the story is, don't judge me by my ten year old come back to the tongue ramen.
Speaker 3: No, we respect you for for We respect and appreciate you for taking the time to make this classic dish that was.
Speaker 2: Did you eat all of Tim's Let me tell you, I like Sim's.
Speaker 1: Ramen so much.
Speaker 3: First of all, little backstory is that I couldn't find the Mama ramen that he had, so I texted, I said.
Speaker 2: Another reason why this is the cheat code that nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody could get their hands on it, and he had some at the house, so he brought it in. We had all the ingredients, but his dish was so good that I went home and tried to create it at least four different times.
Speaker 2: Somebody tagged Tim in here, tagging him in the comments. Oh my gosh, it was good.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna do it I want to do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell my team to do a Ramen like best Ramen and it will be I'm already do that.
Speaker 1: Do that because yours, yours, yours won't even make the list.
Speaker 3: But we give you mad respect because you know what, Tim and all those guys, they still eat Ramen to this day.
Speaker 1: You have not ten years he had it in his house. It was bombed. Don't hate, don't hate, don't hate, don't hate.
Speaker 2: Me making money? Man, Come on, it was good.
Speaker 1: But he had the Ramen packets in his house that day.
Speaker 2: So you know he's still is id him in here, Okay, I don't hate.
Speaker 1: That's that l a in him watching his figure. I don't eat cards. He carrieds and celery sticks. Johan, Where can people keep up with you? I'm sorry? Was I was that doing so many extras?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you can follow me everywhere, Johan Jones. You know you're gonna put my name at the bottom.
Speaker 3: Jay while he is a natural born director and editor Katie get out the box.
Speaker 1: Johann's gonna go back there.
Speaker 2: I needed nice colors, like nice red letther Soorking pop please, Oh my god, link a little bit too.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, they're probably gonna do all of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, point to it too, like oh my gosh, and John.
Speaker 3: Jones in the building, thank you so much for your time, and thank you for cause she was gonna kill me if I didn't.
Speaker 2: She was like, oh my gosh. Really, I told her a whole situation of how busy that was.
Speaker 3: And I will I still go for the kill every time cut off. It was like, yeah, I just need an hour.
Speaker 2: Sorry to hear that, just an hour. Hate to be that girl, But.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you a secret to closing people is you always have to create a sense of urgency. Don't think about what I did to create that sense an urgency for you. But that's the secret. Because he said that busy ass schedule like he was about to play me for a year.
Speaker 2: I was gonna let that said a whole year, Like yeah you was.
Speaker 1: He was like, according to my schedule, But when do I need to do this?
Speaker 2: But was it gonna keep up with me. Four yees. I want to find somebody else real quick, like, oh yeah, but now you got to go.
Speaker 1: For the kill shot. When you really want somebody, you go for the kill shot.
Speaker 2: Create I'm honored that you really wanted me.
Speaker 1: I did want you.
Speaker 2: Who referred me my boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He must have sold me. She ain't know who I was before this anyways.
Speaker 1: Shout out Johans Jones for coming out on eating wild broke. Definitely don't go home and try to make his ramen unless you time it perfectly.
Speaker 2: Or if you just like harder noodles. If you don't, you might actually love this and add some garlic powder okay, but yeah, I'm a great.
Speaker 3: Cook, and add less of the seasoning packet because you may die of a stroke if you eat like that.
Speaker 2: You guys love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Peace out.
Speaker 2: Flit blick split flit sick one poun