Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it is a Tuesday, which is actually a Friday. Where's our fight song? Friday? We do have a show tomorrow, but technically in the Cowboys world, it's Friday. Out on the practice field, you, Chris, why are they on the practice field? I thought this was a rejuvenation day, Mickey walk through.
Speaker 4: It's what they normally Okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, I thought, I say pants, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Helmets by choice. No, it's November. There, it's no pad November. But this is they were.
Speaker 4: They were trying out their color rush helmets. That's the only guys.
Speaker 3: That had noose on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So when you said fifty nine, you know, it came to my mind.
Speaker 3: Well wait wait, I said fifty nine before we were on the air. Yes, okay, there were numbers that were thrown out. I have no idea what they had to do anything with. But as as you all know the way we keep track of numbers is we correlate them to cowboys, right, and so number fifty nine, who's your number? Fifty nine?
Speaker 4: It was Derek Brownlow.
Speaker 3: Derek Brownlow is your number fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Don't remember?
Speaker 4: I think he was your teammate.
Speaker 5: Let me look it up.
Speaker 3: Brownlow was in the ninety one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not that farg going.
Speaker 3: So who is your fifty nine, Jesse Penn? Yeah, I need to look at it.
Speaker 2: Ernie Simms.
Speaker 3: Ernie Simms was fifty nine, Yeah, for six pick in the draft out of Florida State for one si. Yeah, and wait, I need I need to look see if I got mine right before I say it on the air, it was that fifty nine. Oh no, he wasn't fifty nine. Never mind, I won't say it. That guy Brown was fifty nine.
Speaker 5: That's correct, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: And that win.
Speaker 4: Remember when everybody made a big deal last year because they signed Tat McKinley. He wore number fifty nine and I don't think he ever played.
Speaker 2: Is that a big deal everybody?
Speaker 4: It was another name? Remember a guy that was high draft pick, high draft pick, and they brought him in and.
Speaker 2: He was a high draft. Yeah, it was just another draft bus Huh. That's why I was waiting for drafted free agency.
Speaker 3: But that's a fun game to play every now and then. Is just throw out a number and who do you remember was your cowboy player that comes to mind when you say the number.
Speaker 2: I could do that the entire podcast.
Speaker 3: We'll start with number.
Speaker 2: One right all the way down that way through.
Speaker 3: All right, So, Mickey, we have football players in football field on it. It's Friday on a Friday that is actually Tuesday on the calendar.
Speaker 4: And I think that when Mike was asked about injuries, he seemed optimistic about jay Ron curse, so that bodes well for having him.
Speaker 3: He would be number one.
Speaker 4: And rink O'Donnell who who is? Who? What number of rico O'Donnell?
Speaker 5: Whatever?
Speaker 2: We whatever?
Speaker 3: We say a players day, we have to say the.
Speaker 5: Number, just on this podcast.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and I don't think.
Speaker 3: Rinco' donald's good to go.
Speaker 4: Go Okay, Dak Prescott not on not on maternity leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was wondering we could bring that up. Yeah, how delicate that situation?
Speaker 4: He talked all about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, babies do in March.
Speaker 2: Oh that nursery had to be up then that's right, right, they gotta have that thing going.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he doesn't have to worry about it during the football season, right.
Speaker 3: So they're far enough along that they know the gender, so they do be a girl a girl dad.
Speaker 2: I had a girl first as well.
Speaker 5: They're the best.
Speaker 3: I had a girl every time, yeah, everything, you know, I was.
Speaker 5: Better than having a boy.
Speaker 4: They're the best until they hit sixteen.
Speaker 2: The boys are the worst all the time.
Speaker 6: Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 7: Just?
Speaker 4: I just I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't you were just you were just scanning the scanning anybody else we're not.
Speaker 5: My daughter was great the whole time.
Speaker 3: Which one you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the Sun's you know, because in the beginning we are the worst. Man we are just dumb, sl ippy, dirty, you know. But women, you know, my daughter, she was at twelve years old, she was mature.
Speaker 4: The emotions didn't bounce it off the wall.
Speaker 2: I had the emotions, but you know, she was articular, you know, right away at twelve years old. We put her on the answer machine, you know we do that, Yeah, and she sounded like everybody like, who's that grown woman? That's my daughter. She was twelve years old at the time. My son, I would not dip at twelve years old, and what.
Speaker 5: Are we doing? You know it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: So yes, March is the new date.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and he was pretty happy about it.
Speaker 3: Excellent, So that was good. What else did Dak have to say yesterday? Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, you know he's got to here's what's happening here everybody you know about what turned back around? Right now he's on this high and he is right. He is now has the second rank quarterback rating in the NFL. It's at one oh seven. If you think back about around maybe the San Francisco game, his quarterback rating was like eighty seven. Yeah right, so slow start.
Speaker 2: Well that was after a three yeah, come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three of his now six so half of them in one game. Uh. And then now it's all about Pollard. What's turned power? Are you healthy?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Dotta dot and you know it feels more comfortable. Well, here's the bottom line. The offensive line finally is playing well correct, right, It helps the quarterback, it helps the running back. If it helps the quarterback, it helps the wide receivers. And I think that's what everybody's missing. It's the offensive line is finally playing to the level we figured they would be playing to.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're there yet and not quite.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right, there's another factor. Yes, Giants, Panthers, well, Commanders, but.
Speaker 2: Even so now and here's the thing about that, because in previous years we would really stink up well not previous years, even go back to the Cardinals game. We used to stink it up against bad teams at times, and so far we've been consistent enough to just win the way we're supposed to win. There are times last year and even like we mentioned Cardinals, well we didn't even do well against that particular team. So what we're doing, we're doing what we're supposed to do.
Speaker 5: To me, that shows maturity.
Speaker 3: And I don't think it's necessarily the defenses of the Giants, Panthers and Commanders. It's what they are able to do offensively. Where the reason that dak through three interceptions against the forty nine Ers was the Cowboys fell behind to the forty nine Ers and cress and so you're playing ketchup the entire game. You can when you're ahead or in a close game, you can have a mix of a run and pass and keep a defense off balance.
Speaker 4: And when you're ahead, it accentuates your defensive talent because now they've got to play ketchup right now, and now they got to throw right And I think that's been one of the keys along the way, is get out to a quick lead and make them play ketchup.
Speaker 2: Any team that cannot stop our passing game at this point, they're going to be in trouble playing the Dallas Cowboys. That's just the way they is. They can't stop the dbs, can't stop as that started with Philly Giants, you know, all that Philly being the best team that we played in that stretch, their DB's were just as you know, just as fragile as any other dvs that we that we all went up against. And that's what gives us the confidence is when we can go up and down the field the way we have.
Speaker 4: Been and these other teams aren't beating other teams this badly, and they're playing some of the same teams too.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 4: And to accentuate the defense of you know, getting the lead. So they've got six defensive returns for touchdowns, which ties the record that they set in twenty twenty one, right, but no other Cowboys team has had that many defensive returns for touchdowns. They and they didn't have down win. Yeah, but yeah, and you know, their first team in NFL history to win each of their first five home games by twenty points or more. So somebody else has beaten these other teams too, right, So I think that's.
Speaker 2: That's why we look so forward to, you know, the stretch coming.
Speaker 4: Up, well, this next game. Yeah, I mean Seattle's six and five, is that right.
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: They've lost their arrows pointed down.
Speaker 2: I know they've lost three of the right.
Speaker 3: And it's getting worse for them with Dallas, San Francisco and Philadelphia ahead on their schedule.
Speaker 2: And we have to be careful with what's on our schedule, yeah, because we're coming into the most Yeah, the scariest part.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: And they tied their they tied their ship to Gino Smith and his quarterback rating right now is eighty eight, So twelve touchdowns, eighty interceptions, and he's only completing sixty five percent of his passes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been getting some pressure on him as well.
Speaker 4: Drew Locks coming in soon for Seattle.
Speaker 2: As long as you got that offensive line in Seattle. They're still going to have the same problems, and we're going to expose that offensive line that's just that's that's geno and that old line. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Do you like that Monday night game last night? Oh? God?
Speaker 6: I turned it off in the third quarter.
Speaker 4: I think if the Bears weren't playing. And I wasn't a big Bear fan growing.
Speaker 3: Up, but I wore a Packer fan, right yeah, but I watched like every Chicago.
Speaker 4: Should have been at that time. The end of the game, did you stay to the end?
Speaker 3: I stayed to the end.
Speaker 4: What did Joe Buck say at the end?
Speaker 2: Something to the.
Speaker 3: Effect and this one's finally over? And Troy said, thank god.
Speaker 4: Somebody had a stat this morning that the Bears were the first team to road team to not score a touchdown, not throw for however a few yards they ended up throwing for and turned the ball over as many times that they did and still won.
Speaker 5: What does that say?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 5: Really? What does that say?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 4: The quarterback playing that game was, oh my goodness, Dobbs, this makes you feel even worse that you lost to the guy?
Speaker 3: Right, well, Forrest, give let's give Dobbs a break. He was in Cleveland, but he beat boys. Then he goes to he's been with Minnesota for less than.
Speaker 2: A month against can do better.
Speaker 5: That's what we would say. You beat us, but you go up there and you can't do better.
Speaker 4: Come on, four interceptions and they dropped two others.
Speaker 2: By the way. Well, you know, it showed it.
Speaker 4: And I told him it showed why He text me and I said, I said, Minnesota is going to win this ten to nine. And they were going to until Justin feels completes like a thirty yard pass when a few times they allow him to throw the ball downfield.
Speaker 3: Their only receiver on the team was wide open in the middle of the field. That the third does that happen? DJ Moore?
Speaker 4: Who else was he gonna throw to? They kept throwing sideways the whole game, trying to get the ball out of that was.
Speaker 3: The element of surprise. He was thrown to the sideline, and why would he throw the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: Don't don't talk about it for winning the game, you know, praise them for winning the game.
Speaker 5: That was good stuff.
Speaker 3: And Mickey, yeah, okay, you've always said that the more you kick field goals, Yes, losing the game when they were.
Speaker 4: They won with all field goals and even missed one yep, and missed another opportunity to kick one when he fumbled the ball away at about the twenty thirty yard line.
Speaker 2: And here we are in week what eleven twelve? I think twelve twelve. I'm still playing ball like that. That's that's really What does that say about coach?
Speaker 4: What was that saying about the quarterbacks in this league? Yeah, but they don't want to practice.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 3: No, it's against the rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think we're seeing it. I mean, do you have the list of the scores this week? There was a bunch of teams to teens.
Speaker 6: Let's see twelve to ten last night, Steelers Bengals, Steelers sixteen to ten. How about the Giants, Patriots, Titans seventeen, Panthers ten quarterbacks? You know, Giants ten, Patriots seven quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: Offensive line? Say that about my guy, tommyto.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Tommy DeVito's on a two gay winnings.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at scores from Sunday.
Speaker 5: I told the story right there. That's all ten seven.
Speaker 6: Those were my standout ones. Yeah, very low scoring.
Speaker 3: The Rams got to thirty points. They beat the Cardinals thirty seven to fourteen. The Chiefs got thirty one against the Raiders seventeen and then the Bill's Eagles game. We had two quality teams going up against each other in thirty seven thirty four.
Speaker 2: So what's Kingsbury doing right now?
Speaker 3: He was at USC on the staff at with Lincoln Riley at USC, who, by the way, is now number one on the list of most likely to get fired coaches. Crazy it is, how crazy it is, by the way, on that topic, with a coach getting let go yesterday in Carolina. Let's talk a little Mike McCarthy when we come back here on mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 3: Snapped the Presscott, who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rub thish in shelf, run it up the middle.
Speaker 8: Any stores, whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping.
Speaker 3: Of cool pepsi.
Speaker 9: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at Mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 2: What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff?
Speaker 11: Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 7: Monday mornings Swager Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Cool America's team playing America's Greatest School. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas, Demit.
Speaker 6: Shuts Kpost Roofine and Waterproofine, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, make you anything else that we need to get to? Is there been a Shack sighting here today?
Speaker 4: You know, I walked around. I didn't see him.
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 3: I did? You got scooped? He sitting on this gets scooped on his own show.
Speaker 4: She gets to go places I can. No.
Speaker 6: We were sitting at the lunch Realm, just eating pretty early today before the show, and he walked through with the big and we're not.
Speaker 3: Talking, and we're not talking. Shaquille O'Neill, even though he does.
Speaker 6: Yes and reports are he is supposedly having lunch with Jerry Jones.
Speaker 4: Jerry said that he was having lunch with him after he went and took his physical, and that he said, let me see where I can find it. Basically, it was a physical, and then the question is where he is with his health, and then the next step would be if we can work something out with him. But he also pointed out that the Cowboys aren't the only team interested in.
Speaker 3: Shack Leonard. So if everything checks out, fine, do you let him out of the building and let him go to Philadelphia?
Speaker 4: He was asked that, and he says, I can't make decisions on what somebody else wants to do. So he's hoping it's not a matter of money, because.
Speaker 2: Indy owes him a.
Speaker 4: Million dollars a week for the next six weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh that must be nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lee, that is really cool.
Speaker 4: I think ever since we're running out of times in our lives to be let go and get paid let go. It seems to be catchy these days.
Speaker 3: In this like these coaches getting let go and it's so much first year of the contract, and in the case of Carolina with Frank Wright yesterday, at least for the head coach who has all that money owed to him. It's it's not an altogether horrible day.
Speaker 4: I don't think Jimbo Fisher's crying. But anyway, so obviously the Eagles are interested. I think we talked about yesterday because they not only lost in the Kobe Dean, but Zach Cunningham got hurt in the game. But as I started reading around Buffalo, the Steelers in Denver also seemed to have some interest in being able to bring him aboard. Now, some of those teams, yeah, they're kind of in the same boat the Cowboys. They need help now, but you know, if somebody offers him a long term deal.
Speaker 3: I mean, and Buffalo is another team that lost their linebacker, Matt Mullano.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at Philadelphia and Dallas, Buffalo.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what the Steelers in Denver, you know what they're looking at.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Denver's looking at a five game winning streak and all of a sudden, they're they're in the hunt, so that they're looking to add. And when Pittsburgh looks around the landscape in their own division, Cincinnati lost their starting quarterback, Cleveland lost their starting quarterback, and things are Pittsburgh just just doing what they're doing. Is uh, they're looking up, they're in the hunt. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Jerry said, the question is where he is in his career, as where he is health wise, and he's out now, the next thing is how do you get something worked out?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: If all the other uh, all the other two things fit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: He said, it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't surprise them at all that the Eagles would be interested, you know, and he said the thing probably doesn't have a financial aspect to it, meaning he's getting paid. So that's what he I think he was hoping for. So anyway, till you don't have their lunch and then see what happens.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is okay, even from Shaquille Leonard's standpoint, how much is he looking at they maybe take care of me for next year too. I mean, remember when Odell came through here and at the end of the season and everyone's wondering about his health, Well he was it was more it was a more about next year when Odell came through.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So and then there's the factor of again when we talked about last week, was you got to find a spot on the roster for him because I would imagine he's not settling for a practice squad signing and then elevate as needed. Right, although I did see a curious one. Uh Tyrus Sweet showed up on the injury port with a concussion and Peyton Hendershot is probably ready to get back.
Speaker 3: Now, see is this his last week? Who's that on Peyton Hendershot on his twenty one day window? I think he's done too. He's done too, so this would be there, so next week would be the week that they had to make a decision on him.
Speaker 5: What was his injury?
Speaker 4: It was an ankle, right, I believe, I believe Sana. Savannah's right. Yeah, it was an angle.
Speaker 3: Right again, Savannah him again.
Speaker 4: That's why she's on the shutter.
Speaker 5: Straight.
Speaker 4: But Tom, she carried her weight.
Speaker 6: Oh it's coming, don't you worry?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: I tease this more than I can ask from YouTube. Yeah, Frank, right, Yes, it's let go yesterday. And this is a coach who has had success at previous stops in his career. Okay, veteran coach and first year at Carolina, things go haywire, you know, right off the bat. I don't think expectations were anywhere near what they are annually. Well, certainly they aren't where they are annually for the Cowboys here, but for a veteran coach coming into a new place. Look at Mike McCarthy since he was let go by Green Bay and how McCarthy has been able to to not be set in his ways. To that year that he was out of football, he you know, that was much talked about. He would get together with the other guys who had previous NFL experience, had you know, coaching experience in the league, and they get together and they'd study the game and spent that whole year studying the game. And then him coming here and then just evolving with the times, evolving himself, his evolution himself, as far as his keeping up with the game, it really says a lot about what he has done during his four years here.
Speaker 2: Well, two twelve win seasons.
Speaker 3: You know, you have working on a third.
Speaker 4: Here working on a third and if you think back to even the beginning of the year where he was catching hell, oh, offense is old, doesn't know what he's doing, he's calling plays, and then now it's like, oh, look at Mike McCartney.
Speaker 3: But it's like standing by your foundation as a coach, your principles as a coach, but also evolving with the changing landscape of the game.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it's tough to do.
Speaker 4: Whole coaches, did you ask did you hear the question? He got asked about Pete Carroll and himself, and you know these older coaches are you know, still you know, being you know successful, And he kind of put his fist up in the air. He goes, yeah, let's hear it for old coaches.
Speaker 3: And by the way, he turned sixty this month, that's right, just a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: And I think the pres no, but the question was prefaced with Carol's seventy two and you just had a significant birthday and he started laughing, right, and it's like, yeah, let's hear it for old coaches.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one too. Tom Landry had a problem with it, and many of us were victims of that as players, because it affects the entire organization. I could even go back to Grambling. You know, Coach Robinson was old when I got there, and he still coached many more years after I left, and it's hard for them to really take that step, you know, as far as philosophy is concerned into the next you know, on to the next level, you know, to the next you know generation, so to speak, because you talk talk can buy generations of coaches that are coming through, and you're still doing the same thing over and over again. Tom never wanted to get rid of the flex. Yeah, the flex was our downfall. That's just the way it was. He never wanted to get rid of it. And once it was time to get rid of it, we didn't have the talent to be able to handle whatever came in. So it's hard for old coaches to do what McCarthy and Carol are doing.
Speaker 3: And I'll throw dan Quinn in there too. Yeah, you used to look at what dan Quinn has done with this defense and going back to his days with the Seahawks, what they used to do there, and how in just ten years time, how things have changed in the league and being able to adapt.
Speaker 5: To that back to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Even so, it's you know, like I said, kudos to him and for both of those coaches for being able to you know, make that move and still be relevant, you know, instead of just living on your laws. And that's I was with two coaches that ended up doing that same thing and you know, they're the ones that when they retire, you know, they got nothing else going on, you know, bab Bryant, same thing. As soon as they retire, next thing, you know, they get sick, next thing.
Speaker 3: You know. The other thing. It's interesting, Glad you brought up Pete Carroll. Just the comparison with Carol and McCarthy as coaches. They are both from I would think from a player's standpoint, they seem to both be very approachable. Yes, you know where players. Their relationship that they have with the players, that's that's huge to their success.
Speaker 2: I think Cherry hopefully it keeps them more in tune to the upcoming.
Speaker 3: They think about how things have changed even since McCarthy became a head coach, just in terms of social media and the players. I mean, the social media really didn't start taking off until two thousand and nine, twenty ten something like that, and McCarthy was, you know, four years as a head coach, and so he had to evolve even as far as that goes.
Speaker 4: And not only as a head coach, but he started coaching in the league in ninety three, was it with Pittsburgh, I mean Kansas City after he left University of Pittsburgh. So yeah, now dan Quinn's young, he's only fifty three. He's not an old coach, but he's coached already. He's already twenty first year in the NFL.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's been But look at his success. Yeah, as a defensive coordinator ten years ago with Seattle and then you know, he takes Atlanta to a Super Bowl and then the league changes over the course of this decade, and he's ahead of the curve on it.
Speaker 4: Well, if you look at a lot of the other teams now they've kind of gone to his an extra safety defense and one less linebacker. I see other teams starting to do.
Speaker 2: Let's finally we worry about them being old. You have to be before your time, right, and then time has to catch up with you, right. So when you get really old and you pass those two stages, then.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 3: And a big part of it, too, is the energy level. And you see a lot of times I remember when the Texas coaching staff when Mac Brown was there and his assistant coaches, they got older, and so of course it's different in college where you're recruiting, but and you really got to have a high energy level to do that. Uh, young coaches, But as guys get older that you really know you're whether you still have a love for the profession if you can keep your energy level. And Pete Carroll is at the head of the class as far as that's concerned.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the coaches that that, you know, they stick. I'm going to stick to what I do. Man, you're bringing the league down, you know, because you're just being a dinosaur. And those are the those they can bring the team down and bring the league down.
Speaker 3: All right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 5: What a pairing can.
Speaker 11: Cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest spool. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: Prescott quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 3: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run full French style.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, running up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: You know that sound anywhere?
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio. Sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: To shots.
Speaker 6: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by Infizil Line. Don't miss your chance learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and former NFL players at AT and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Registered today at dallascowboys dot Com Slash Camps.
Speaker 3: All right, final segment here of mixed shots. Mickey, do you want to go Canton, Ohio News or your other.
Speaker 2: Let me do the other one.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna do the other one for Okay, I understand I heard this. Mickey is about to rant. We're going to figure this out.
Speaker 4: That's It's like, is it okay if we just have some fun? Because I heard severe criticism on talk radio of Dolly Parton, what did you hear how she dressed? And it was like it it should have brought a smile the people's face that she put on a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader uniform under her bodysuit, her glitzy bodysuit. And it was like, why you're seventy seven years old and you go out on stage and look like that. It was disgusting And I'm going seriously, it brought a smile, I think to a lot of people's faces that she had the nerve to go out and do that right and sing. And I just heard all this criticism and it's like she wasn't trying to make a sexual statement or anything. She just was having fun. And we got to find something negative all the time about something, and it's like, God, just enjoy life and stop the criticism. This woman got out there and she did so much to raise money for the Salvation Army, to the point of donating a million dollars on her own money. Didn't bring that up. What brought up the fact that she put on a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader outfit.
Speaker 6: And I'll be the first to say I worked with several people that had helped set up the halftime show for Dolly, and for a lot of those people that met her, they had nothing but great things to say. From security, from people that were golf carting her everywhere, how just nice she was and professional and saying thank you, and just how great of a person that she was to be out there and you know, show up for this halftime show. It was incredible. So that's disappointing to hear.
Speaker 4: And there was more that she did than just go out there and sing. She did all that stuff that led up to it, right, She did a promo for television, she did the thing sitting at the desk, and it was I just thought it was It was kind of a joyous moment, right, and it fit right in with what happened on Thanksgiving here at at and T Stadium. And you know, Jerry was asked about home field advantage or whatever and he goes, well and he you know, he gives the normal thing, Yeah, the fans are great and whatever he said. But you also got a factor in that in others it compared to other stadiums, we get ten to fifteen more thousand people in our stadium, right, and it makes more noise than in other places. And he said, it's just a coup to have, you know, the things that we have here at at and T Stadium, and the fact that they brought more recognition the whole day to the Salvation Army and about how you know whatever they raised, uh and even Dolly's million dollars. He said, that will feed two point five million dollars of Salvation Army people.
Speaker 5: And they didn't heard that.
Speaker 2: We scored a few touchdowns and we weave a jumping get into the kettle to the kettle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, people are watching at home and they're not a hand.
Speaker 2: I had people calling me and cracking up, right, and they were just giddy with with them jumping in there and they got the turkey legs and all of that. Because I was I couldn't see a lot of it. I was on the plane as soon as I landed, So they were just telling me, laughing, telling me about you know, how they were treating each other as they got into the kettle. That was all part of the fun.
Speaker 4: Well, he told a story about Al Harris that he and Bland had this conversation and and he said something to Bland about, well, if you get one, you got to go in the kettle. And he and then he thought, well, now wait a minute, I better and he said, so he saw Mike and Jerry talking about it, and he went up to him and said, well, you know, we had this conversation with Bland and Jerry said, you know, he asked, he is okay if he does that, and he said. McCarthy turned to him and said, if he gets an interception and he turns it for a touchdown and dumps in the kettle, you better jump in there with us. Now they get fine for that, right, I haven't heard any fines.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: He did the first time, and then they donated the money to the Salvation, and then the next time the next time they.
Speaker 2: Said it's okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So from the difference between that or jumping in the set, right, and we're raising money and attention, so don't you know there's gonna be people they're going to go shopping this weekend and they're gonna go, okay, here's a doll.
Speaker 2: I saw the guys jumping in. Yeah, good stuff. That is all right, Mickey.
Speaker 3: I have a suggestion you need to quit listening to those shows.
Speaker 5: I know I was gonna So that is that is the that is the minority. That's the minority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the majority of its plenty of other options. Reddit, you gave him too much credit already.
Speaker 5: They got too much novity already in.
Speaker 3: This podcast world we live in now, there's a whole lot of other options.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't have.
Speaker 3: To listen to that.
Speaker 2: And it's always the minority music that makes all the noise. So no, you're good man.
Speaker 3: Okay, now here's good oother Mickey Rant coming your way in three two?
Speaker 8: What was the other one?
Speaker 2: We were going the other one?
Speaker 3: Twenty five modern era players semi finalists for the Whole Football Hall of Fame's Class of twenty twenty four announced this morning, and Darren Woodson is yes among those twenty.
Speaker 4: Five for how many times?
Speaker 3: Eighth time as a semifinalist twenty fifteen, twenty seventeen, and now six straight years from twenty nineteen through twenty twenty four times he was a semi eight times as semi finalists.
Speaker 2: Now, wow, is that ridiculous?
Speaker 4: Almoch as ridiculous as your case.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Almost, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 4: I don't know what else to say. I've written it so many times. How he deserves this, and it's like what I like.
Speaker 2: I like to make comparisons and all I saw. I went there for the black Cottage Hall of Fame game a couple of times, and I saw a couple of names up there and they we went to the pro shop or whatever, the Hall of Fame shop in Canton, and I just got more and more pissed off as I looked at some of the names, and not just for myself.
Speaker 5: But for him. And this is his position.
Speaker 2: This is Dearren with safety safety Learroy Butler, Yes Atwater, Steve Atwater.
Speaker 4: There's another one in there.
Speaker 2: Let's just once again give them all credit, right, because they're all damn good play.
Speaker 5: But if they're in, then where's the justice.
Speaker 2: John Lynch is in John Lynch. That's another one, that one that was the first one that pissed me off. And I'm not Woody, I'm not Woody Woody. This is his position here. Yeah, And you look at just those three names right there and tell me how their accomplishments are better than Darren Woodson's. I can't see it. You can go numbers all you want. You can go number of Super Bowl wins, you can go number of tackles and that's what safeties are known for. Brian Dawkins. Brian Dawkins is another one. The number of Super Bowl wins that Darren Woodson has, and not just that, it's the sacrifice that he made later on in his career. See, these are the things they don't know about him. They don't know about the sacrifice he made moving from safety down to the slot. And when he's a he's really a linebacker by nature, you know, but you got him playing the Brandon Cook of the world and he's down there doing the doing the job he was at one of his job.
Speaker 3: You know, these defenses that the league is running down. Yeah, Darren Woodson, can you imagine years ago Taylor made for this.
Speaker 4: Thirty years ago he was doing this and it's just it's just so frustrating. And so I'm guessing his last year would have been two thousand and four, three.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 4: I think it was four because he there was three. Three was the last he played, but he was here. Oh four. Bill wanted him to stay and that's when he had his back problem and then he ended up retiring because he couldn't play. So next year, it's twenty years and he's eligible now to be a senior candidate twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I thought it was twenty five. I didn't know this well.
Speaker 5: After while, it just goes a blur. It's just a blur after a while.
Speaker 4: But it's like now, he shouldn't have to wait that long, is my point.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think when it comes to the process, of course, I've always been against the media being the first line of defense. I've always been against that. It makes no sense to me. But when it's all said and done, no matter how you do it, there's no excuse for not having it being done another way. But no matter how you do it, there's going to be some type of discrimination or you know, loopholes, right.
Speaker 5: That's gonna come with it. That's just the way it goes.
Speaker 2: I don't care if the players vote first or not, because then you're gonna have players getting together, you know, for their guy, you know, because he played the same school, same team, conference, all that kind of craft.
Speaker 4: You know what they should do this time when they make the argument for him, they should bring in Roy Williams.
Speaker 2: Who's making the argument. That's my thing.
Speaker 5: Who's in his corner. You're gonna have somebody in your corner.
Speaker 2: I know what I have in my corner.
Speaker 4: They have people locally that are have the vote.
Speaker 2: They make the steps they need to.
Speaker 4: Bring in Roy Williams exhibit A. When Darren Woodson was playing with Roy Williams, Roy Williams was a Pro Bowl safety. When Darren Woodson retired, Roy Williams career kind of went down hill. And he made the difference.
Speaker 3: He was the heart and soul he was keeping away from the biscuits. Roy Williams a biscuit away from.
Speaker 4: And and it's like he was the heart and soul of these defenses. His ability to be versatile and you know what, and he played special teams till the last time he played in this league because Joe Avazano would not take him off special teams. It was one of those Hey Joe, what do you think And it's like, now I need and so you know, he did it. If they needed a captain for the defense, it would have been Woody. And if you just look, and even he's had a TV career that people should have noticed how well he knows the game, how well he analyzed the game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think when they're just when it comes to guys, older, then the media gets younger. Then there's just no interest by them to do the research.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: That has to be part of it, because if you do the research instead of going by you know, like I said, I have my guy and he's got his people that are going to be voting for me, you know, regardless, and so you know everybody's got their guys.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you don't.
Speaker 5: They're not going to research. They're just going by who they asked.
Speaker 4: Right, Or they look at numbers and say, well, look this he's only had this many interceptions. But you don't understand that you got to use your eyes sometime to tell you what's right.
Speaker 5: And what is well.
Speaker 2: There there's so much research behind the numbers and the and the seasons that they just don't want to take that time. To me, if you're going to be a Hall of Fame voter, the responsibility that comes with that, do your freaking work, do the job, do your research.
Speaker 4: Don't just show up the Saturday before the Super Bowl and say, well let me listen to this present right exactly.
Speaker 3: So, there are three dbs in this semifinals class. Eric Allen, Rodney Harrison, and Darren Woodson are the three DB's. So of the twenty five Sara finalist, Eric Allen.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's good. Eagles, Yeah, he was good. He's got about fifty plus, right, fifty plus picks at least, I think.
Speaker 4: And I'm not trying to diminish guys that are already in, like you said, the people, but if they're in, then he should be in. Yeah, point blank. I wonder if we can get them on the show here soon.
Speaker 2: Man, I wouldn't if I wasn't my wedding man. He needs to do like Harry Carson. Look, just take my name off of it, don't even mention my name, and then all of a sudden everyone's offended. Oh man, Harry's mad at us, and then they both have me in.
Speaker 3: We'll see. Eric Allen is another one that all right. He's been a semifinalist four times the last four years. He retired in two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: So I mean he first, so it must maybe it is twenty five.
Speaker 3: For years and years he didn't even get considered. So all right, we'll have more time to talk about that, and tomorrow we get you ready for Cowboys Seahawks. It will be our fight song Friday Wednesday tomorrow here on mix Shots.
Speaker 4: And some keys to the game.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Okay, see you tomorrow, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.