Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock Act. We made it to a Friday, and it's a meat Friday at that King Sawaiian is in the house.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Chef Greg is here. I don't even know some of the items on the menu. Now, they're all sliders, just to let you know. We have the Carneie Asada slider, we have the Fog City Slider, and we have the Milford Man Cave Lobster Slide. No, yeah, we do, we do, but I don't know some of these words. I don't speak Spanish. Hillo, got a hero, dusted ribbi blistered something venezuel and avocado sauce, salsa creolo. And then that's on the King Hawaiian Pretzel slider, bun, the Fog City Slider, Smoked turkey, arugula, bacon, peppers, HAVARTI.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, havartes, A lovely type of cheese.
Speaker 2: Green goddess slaw. That's on the original King Sawaiian Roles, the Milford Man Cave Lobster Slider. It's uh main lobster Burne saw Crispy Potatoes.
Speaker 1: And that's on the original slider.
Speaker 4: Bun No.
Speaker 2: Has it better than we do. No Seatan couldn't find the game last night. He's flipping through, flipping through, where's this game? Flipping through?
Speaker 5: Okay, look, I understand that my brain is not always functioning at the highest level, but I was, Yeah, I turned on. I'm like, I'm scrolling through like you.
Speaker 3: Know, Hulu.
Speaker 1: I'm like, where the hell is this game?
Speaker 5: And then I look in on Fox they have a it was the Mets were on, and I was just like, is it blacked out here because the Mets around?
Speaker 1: But that's crazy. Why wouldn't it be on there? It's a game's got to be.
Speaker 5: It took me a solid, I don't know, ten minutes and then I look, I'm like, I swear there was a game tonight, and I see it's like in.
Speaker 1: The first quarter. Yeah, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: I forgot Amazon is a thing. Yes, yes, it's just not a TV destination all the time.
Speaker 1: No it's no, it's not. I'd admit yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Can we create some type of like app for a smart TV that you input your settings? Like I watch football, I watched college football, I watch NFL, and your TV just when it's kickoff, it turns on and goes to that game in whatever room you designated to. So like, if you're running late, let's say you're coming back, you're you want to pick up some wings and some beer. You walk in, You're like, oh, I gotta get it on Amazon. It's going to me two minutes. It's already on.
Speaker 2: That can't be that hard to do, Kenneth, What's kind of like websites if you go to them and then all of a sudden they remind you that, hey, we got a new sale going on, right, you know Zappos, you want new shoes, and then you'll be like, oh, okay, that's nice. They reminded me that maybe you could come up with an app that would be like we want to help you out. If you want to watch football, here you go, We'll turn the TV on for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See speaking of Amazon, I'm as well, just get all the gripes out now. Oh, somebody's got to fix the damn sound on that broadcast.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 5: Oh it is awful, Like doesn't it doesn't anybody you pay all this money for that gaming you can't hear that. It sounds like crap. Yeah, there's no atmosphere, you got no crowd sound. That mics are all over the place. It's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My wife walks by as I'm watching, and she goes, what's wrong with the TV?
Speaker 1: I go, it's not the.
Speaker 2: TV, it's those who are producing the stuff that goes on the TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauline, I can't put my figure on it.
Speaker 8: I love Herpstreet, I love al Michaels. But when I have the game on, you ever have like your stereo and your and you have it, you know, the base and the trouble set, and somehow it gets reset and everything's reset to like medium, yeah, medium, and you're like, where's where's the highs?
Speaker 3: Where's the lows?
Speaker 8: It has that feeling but seton is that what you're feeling?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's like not dynamic or something, you know, it's just like and that to me, the crowd noise is an integral part of getting the atmosphere, and there's zero there. It feels like they're a million miles away from the game.
Speaker 2: And that was my complaint last year with it, that they were missing the fullness of the broadcast. That's you know, when you tune in and it sounds like you're there or there, they want to try to, you know, invite you in. So it feels like, man, I'm right there, and the way you know these TVs are and surrounds, then.
Speaker 1: It should be great.
Speaker 2: It should you know, almost feel like you're part of you know, the fan base watching this ye And I didn't have that last year.
Speaker 5: Yes, and especially because people's home TV setups have really like gotten much more premium or something, you know what I mean, Like the whole experience is so good that you have to capture that there if lots of people have surround sound or things like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, we've created the atmosphere that is so good that you don't even have to go to a game that it's with the sound of it, the TVs, the quality that it's almost a better experience sometimes when you're sitting at home.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's also.
Speaker 8: Hard to tell at home whether it's how they're micing up the field and making up the crowd and the announcers, or it's the delivery of Amazon to our homes, because you know, when I listen to a game on ABC, those college football games, it's thunderous. The crowd noise almost overwhelms Fowler, sometimes in a good way, and it's hard to tell what's going on.
Speaker 2: There By the way I mentioned, it's a meat Friday and Kings Hawaiian is here. They are cooking on the Tragger grills flat rock flat top grill and stock up for game day. Tragger dot com Get unbelievable flavor With Tragger you can get all the flavors. They have everything. They got specials on right now up to fifty team percent off select accessories for military members. Also their grills on sale. Start shopping for grilling essentials at Trigger dot com. All right eight seven seven to three. DP show Tyler's standing by to take your phone calls. Email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle a DP show say good morning to those watching on Peacock, Thank you for downloading the app and also radio affiliates around the country sign up for the newsletter. Close to eighty thousand of you signed up for this newsletter and they recap the show. They do a wonderful job, Rob and Mario every single day at six Eastern they send it into your inbox Danpatrick dot com and put in your email address and they'll take care of everything after that. Play the Day, Coming up, poll question stat of the Day. Stat of the Day brought to you is always by Pennini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. I think we're close to four hundred Crappensburg State T shirts that we have sold. Of course, we've sold four hundred Crappensburg State T shirts.
Speaker 3: Let's go crap you.
Speaker 2: And I was wondering, did we make a mistake and not call it the University of Crappensburg so it'd be you crap or crap you? But it's Crappensburg State and it's the Duchies of Crampensburg.
Speaker 3: You crap, we crap all crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, works, But you can go to dan Patrick dot com all the T shirts that we have, including please redrink responsibly. That's sneaky good. I hadn't even been drinking when I said it that morning, Please redrink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 8: Why does some schools go like, is it see you Colorado? But it's not Colorado University. It's the University of Colorado, but you hear them go.
Speaker 3: Let's go see you.
Speaker 8: But if you go to the website, it's the univer it's University of Colorado.
Speaker 1: But I'd always heard it as see you.
Speaker 8: And rock chalk Jayhawk, it's always KU kay you, but it's University of Kansas.
Speaker 3: It's not Kansas University, I don't think, but.
Speaker 2: It's KU right, I'm checking, okay, yes, yes, And.
Speaker 9: What Cincinnati as you see is that what they abbreviated that.
Speaker 1: One University of Sincida.
Speaker 9: And then if you have you see, then you have you see Irvine and you see all the other California schools.
Speaker 3: There, it's University of Kansas, but we call them KU.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then University of Colorado, but we call it CU.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the little things that bother us today, and nothing should be bothering us. Suns out, guns out, buns out, Kingsawaiian.
Speaker 1: Why is it BYU? And it's peple?
Speaker 2: No no, no, Niners handled the Giants last night. Man I struggled to watch that one, like all right, three three, all right, maybe maybe something's interesting that's going to happen. And then all of a sudden, the Niners acted like the Diners and the Giants acted like the Giants. The Giants have allowed ninety eight points so far, they have generated zero turnovers takeaways. Since nineteen sixty there's only one team that's allowed more points through three games without a takeaway. That would be the nineteen ninety eight Detroit LIONSO.
Speaker 10: How stead, of the day stat of the Day Stata the day, Statuta day. This is the start of the day.
Speaker 2: Stut of to day, brought you by Penny America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. The other big news yesterday, the Cowboys lost their talented cornerback, Trayvon Diggs tore his ACL out for the rest of the season. And if you're looking at an impact player, yes we talk about Michael Parsons, and rightfully so. But since coming into the league in twenty twenty, Diggs has eighteen interceptions. That's tied for the most over that span. Also dangerous when he does pick off a pass, he as two hundred and three interception return yards, third most over that same timeframe. Also, it felt like they were throwing at him when he first got into the league, and now they don't throw at him. You know, Dion I think won Defensive Player of the Year one year and he had maybe six interceptions, but they probably threw his way ten times. Darrell Revas, when you look at his interception numbers, they stop throwing his way. So when you see somebody who has a lot of interceptions, I always wonder, why did they keep throwing your way to allow you to get fifty or sixty interceptions? With Dion was like, we're not going on that side of the field, or Jarrell Revas and tray Von Diggs not in that same category. But that's a big loss, you know, when you start to look at some of the receivers that you're going to be facing. Week five, the Niners with Debo and Brandon Ayuk and George Kittle, Chargers, Keenan Allen in week six, Mike Williams week eight, maybe Cooper cup Is back, Eagles in week nine, AJ Brown, Devonte Smith week thirteen, DK Metcalf, Tyler lot. You know, everybody has two receivers, AJ Brown, Davante Smith. With the Eagles, they play the Dolphins, Tyreek Hill, Jalen Waddle. That's a big loss because they've been leading with their defense. Their defense has been dominating and maybe the best defense so far. But now with Trayvon Diggs out, that is a huge loss for that team. All Right, which poll question? We're gonna go with today's Seaton.
Speaker 1: We've got a Pauli special here at NFC. Who you got poll question?
Speaker 5: Your options are forty nine Ers, Cowboys, Eagles other.
Speaker 2: If I'm picking today, I got a fact in factor in Trayvon Diggs getting hurt, or I would take the Cowboys. Rock Purty looks good. Offense, defensive line is good, they have depth. You know, they've somehow managed to be you know, still great, and they whift on Trey Lance. They have money, but they stumbled into brock Purty. Imagine if they let him go and they got him in free agency, they didn't take him with the last pick of the draft. Well, he would sign a three year deal. Now you have him for four years, and you have him for four years at less than four million dollars. This is the window of opportunity for the forty nine ers this year, next year, and probably after that. So they got a three year window because then Rock Purty is going to go, I think I need to be paid. What if you do this, if you're the Niners, Let's say you see Rock Purty play this year, play well, and maybe you now Jalen Hurts. They're not saying kind of player, but Jalen Hurts had that you know, coming of age, coming out party.
Speaker 1: You know he's gonna get paid.
Speaker 2: Brock Are you gonna pay Brock Purty fifty million dollars a year? But let's say in three years you say to him, or in two years, how about we give you five for one fifty five years one fifty. So we're going to give you instead of making a little over a million dollars in that last year, we're gonna give you thirty million dollars, and then you give him a nice signing bonus. Because your window of opportunity is usually predicated on your quarterback and how much he makes.
Speaker 1: Look at teams down through the years that a billion.
Speaker 2: You know what Seattle did with Russ, Patriots did with Brady having that ability to cash in literally on a quarterback who doesn't make money, and you can spread that out and the forty nine ers have that. I mean, that's where you can get Christian McCaffrey. You can keep Deebo Samuel, you can re sign Bosa, you know, George Kittle, and they do have money under the salary cap.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 2: You got a two or three year window if you're San Francisco. Does Dallas have that same two or three year window? Because Dak got paid, You're gonna have to pay.
Speaker 1: How much is Michael Parson's gonna get?
Speaker 2: If you know, can I restructure DAK and then what's you know, Michael Parson's gonna make thirty million dollars a year? So the window of opportunity Philadelphia had to pay Jalen Hurts. Now, can you keep some of those other players the offensive and defensive line, you know for San Francisco?
Speaker 1: You have it, You have it.
Speaker 2: You have an advantage over everybody right now, but you have to take advantage of it because that window doesn't last long.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Pauline, there talk about how little brock perty makes not compared to the average American, compared to a quarterback. He's making like just over nine hundred thousand this year he rooms with one of his linemen. Yeah, he has a roommate in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I thought that was funny when Al goes and this is how much he makes and he's got a room mate.
Speaker 8: Like Okay, Michah Parsons is making two point five million dollars this year.
Speaker 3: What a bargain.
Speaker 8: He'll make two point five next year and then the fifty year option. That's the team option. You know they could keep him through twenty twenty five. I spell hold out.
Speaker 1: They know they won't let him get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, not not with Jerry the season he's having.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, But if you're looking at most valuable, you know, if you factor in money, which you should, I mean, Mahomes is getting paid fifty million, now he's gonna maybe get you to another Super Bowl or two. But Rock Purty is making less than a million dollars and might get you to a super Bowl. Now you're asking Mahomes to do more than Rock Purty and they're not in the same category except for they play the same position.
Speaker 1: But when you factor in what Michaeh.
Speaker 2: Parsons makes and Rock Purty makes, now Michah Parsons is elite Rock Purty's not. But as far as value goes, my quarterback makes eight hundred thousand dollars and that allows us to get all these other players. Micah Parsons, the best defensive player in the game is making a little over a million dollars this year. Man, that's value having a great player who I went back. I remember I argued this point when Big Poppy was making five million dollars playing with the Red Sox and a Rod I think was making thirty million, and they were up for MVP, and I said, well, Big Poppy is more valuable because he's making five million, and if I factor that in with performance, then he's the MVP. A Rod had better numbers, but you're paying for those better numbers. I don't know what I'm trying to say. Yeah, seton what are we going to go with today? So yeah, we're gonna go with that one about the NFC. But at what point then does it get.
Speaker 1: Awkward with brock Party.
Speaker 2: I would say after this year, if they go to the NFC title game, if they go to the Super Bowl, if he wins his Super Bowl, then then you have to, I think address it. The elephant is in the room and you have to address that. But do you want to give Brock Purty forty or fifty million dollars?
Speaker 1: Right? Rock Party could not lead, Like if I put Rock Party on.
Speaker 2: The Bears, then no, no, that's too extreme. I wouldn't do that to him. But like, Rock Purty is the right quarterback for this team.
Speaker 5: What if it's just like a three year extension or something like that, and you get a big bunch of money right up front.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say I gave him ninety million dollars guaranteed, Yeah, three years, and I did that after this season.
Speaker 5: Now, you don't have to do that. You don't have to That's the thing that's weird. The forty nine ers don't have to do anything. You don't have to do a single thing. Until he starts grumbling.
Speaker 2: Well that's when you say, hey, we don't have to do this, but we wanted do this here by the.
Speaker 5: Way, being like, uh, you know, I don't make that much money.
Speaker 1: I have a roommate.
Speaker 5: Dude, you make more money than like almost everybody on the planet.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break here. We're just getting started. I mean, I have a roommate that's on a little money. I where it's like nine hundred dollars. We'll take a break. We have our pold question.
Speaker 7: Groceries are expensive.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Todd, Bay Area. Is that cheap man? You've seen real estate prices? I'm hout. We take a break. We're going to take a break. Here we go.
Speaker 2: We have taken a break back with another week of football. DraftKings Sports Book keeping us in on all the action.
Speaker 1: You're ready to go.
Speaker 2: New customers bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus spence. Throw a fiver down this week and you walk away an instant winter All customers take advantage of two new offers every game day this September. Football is more fun when you're in on all the action. Download the app down, sign up with the promo code Patrick. New customers, throw down a fire iver, get two hundred instantly in bonus bets only on DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Make sure you use the promo code Patrick.
Speaker 9: Fritzy twenty one and over in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Y or text Hope and Y four six seven three six nine. Bonus issue is free bets one early win token issued at Opton Moneyline Bets only. Depositive wagering restrictions apply. Eligibility in terms of DraftKings dot Com slash football terms.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. YEP, It's boyband Friday. Boy band Friday. Marvin goes, give me your favorite boy band songs, and I go, oh, you make it sound like it's plural.
Speaker 1: I don't have boy band songs. I was never a boy band.
Speaker 7: Guys staying with that story, aren't you?
Speaker 1: Yes? I am Todd.
Speaker 2: I guess if there was a boy band, it would be the Beatles. Were they a boy band? No?
Speaker 8: Because boy band has to be like created by like a producer where they audition people.
Speaker 3: You know, did the Beatles kind of grew up together?
Speaker 1: How about the Monkeys? Were they a boy band?
Speaker 3: That's a TV?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: TV?
Speaker 3: That' see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tod, I think you have to.
Speaker 9: Have the cheesy dance moves involved, which those Monkeys and Beatles didn't have the cheesy dancers. They just kind of sang, you need that extra thing with these things.
Speaker 2: Well, my boy band selection, they didn't dance, but you're gonna have to wait for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, who picked this song, Todd?
Speaker 7: That would be me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a shocker. Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 11: Every time Todd says something, I'm like, man, of course, Uh, the boy band. You have to be respected as an artist, and they're not.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Jackson five boy band.
Speaker 8: No, No, here's here's my definition. Boy band has to be like, uh, it's built. It's built built together, like like some producer like Simon Cowell type guy says, I'm gonna have auditions and put a five guys who've never met each other together and we're gonna make them all look a certain way, package them a certain way.
Speaker 1: Was boys to men built that way? I don't think so. They weren't, but they were absolutely a boy band.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, I would see it.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact.
Speaker 5: They're like extremely underappreciated, slash undercredited for starting. Yes, that like next wave of obviously like New Kids on the Block was before them, but then so was a new addition in Menudo. Right, those are all boy bands, but Boys to Men started off that whole nineties craze of boy bands.
Speaker 1: Genre.
Speaker 2: Y yeah, genre. Yeah, it's a boys boy band. They're called boys de men. It's a boy band, yes, Martin and.
Speaker 11: I found out the same guy that created New Issuing created New Kids on the Block.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: He was like, if I can make money with five black kids, I can do with five white kids.
Speaker 3: That's a challenge. Though, that's a challenge.
Speaker 2: Let me get well, maybe just the dancing part of it was the challenge.
Speaker 7: He said.
Speaker 11: The guys that can hold a tune and dance a little bit, man, I can make a billion dollars instead of a million dollars.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 2: But why didn't Otown break? Why didn't Why didn't they get up into that?
Speaker 7: Weren't they making the band?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ahead of their time, Dan Town is ahead of their time? Town oh Town?
Speaker 2: All right, we got some phone calls in here eight seven seven to three DP show. There was a if you stayed up till the end of the game last night, you got to treat It was worth it because the postgame show, Captain Andrew Luck made his appearance. He had his Civil War uniform on, and uh, the Twitter feed, you know, Captain and Drew Luck is one of the best parody accounts that I've ever seen. And you know, here they have Andrew Luck coming out there. He's coaching high school football in Palo Alto, and they get him to show up on set and he had this big grin on his face and he looked really, really.
Speaker 8: Hell glad to be here late past my bedtime, my everywhere else is in bad and get a full eight hours.
Speaker 2: All right, Paul has a quiz for us. It's the how much does Daniel Jones make in comparison to Brock Purty?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: How much more does Daniel Jones of the Giants make than brock Party this year? This year, Purdy is making nine hundred thousand dollars this season total comp. Daniel Jones' total comp for the twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 2: Is I'm going to say he's making thirty two million more than Brock Purty.
Speaker 7: Marvin, I'm gonna say thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Right, Seaton Conner forty four million dollars more? All right? God thirty one point five.
Speaker 8: All Right, Seaton wins this one. He's making forty five million dollars more than.
Speaker 1: Well, you saw it last night. He was worth it.
Speaker 2: Here is Daniel Jones on what went wrong last night.
Speaker 12: Just didn't make enough plays. I think obviously it's a good defense going up against him, and credit to them, they played well, but we got to convert you know, a couple of those opportunities. You know, when you play a good team like that, you gotta be gotta be crisp, you gotta be clean, and we didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Nick Bosa could have been pulled over for speeding last night, like they should have put a speed limits sign that the lineman for the Giants, man was he going backup tackle and he was flying. He didn't care if they were going to run the football. It's like I'm coming after you. Yes, Tod, you can't say.
Speaker 9: It, but wouldn't it be nice? And if Dan Joseph said, you know what, the better team won. No matter what we were gonna do, we were gonna lose this game. We all knew that they look at their team, look at our team. Yeah, when the gay we were down sixty to nothing after the first game and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are we winning this game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be refreshing if somebody just stated the obvious, Hey, I didn't have sakwon, didn't have my life tackle. We're not that good.
Speaker 7: It just didn't make some play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't throw it and catch it, toode flailing at anything.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like there was one or two plays that that oh my god, that went.
Speaker 3: The other way at third and six in the second quarter. Once we didn't.
Speaker 1: Although they should have picked off Rock Party anula.
Speaker 9: It was thirty to twelve was the final score. So what was the few plays that made the eighteen p.
Speaker 1: Here's Rock Party the Niners quarterback.
Speaker 13: Obviously you want to win every game, but you know, we have a high standard. We have a standard that you know, we want to be the best versions of ourselves and and you know, so for us, it's sort of like, yeah, we win, we win the game, which is most important, which is great, but there's stuff out there that we can you know, clean up and be better at. So that's the standard that you know we have here, and you know, we have what fourteen more games to do that, you know, to be the best versions of ourselves. And clean things up. So we're gonna take it one day at a time. But it's huge for us to be, you know, three to nine and have them.
Speaker 1: Met them already. I'm a doubter.
Speaker 2: If Dion said do you believe, I would say no, I believe ish.
Speaker 1: In Brock Purty. But I just don't know. I don't know. Yes, Mark, do you believe? I believe ish. It's a great story.
Speaker 7: The Niners are good no matter who their quarterback is.
Speaker 11: For the past five years as a Niners fan, there's been questions about the quarterback, like we'll go to the super Bowl regardless.
Speaker 2: All I want to know is game on the line? Can you be the guy? And that's what it comes down to all of these games. How many games come down to a one possession game? Can your guy do something better than the other guy? And that's what I'm gonna want to see with Rock Purty? Can you be that guy? And maybe he's not in that situation very often because this is a really good team, but there will be a moment or two this year where you go, he did it or he didn't.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: Lucas and Texas leads us off this morning. Good morning, Luke, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Good, good morning Dan.
Speaker 14: Two quick things for you this lovely meat day.
Speaker 15: First off, need some recommendation.
Speaker 2: I'm about you got a bad luke. You got a bad connection here, bad connection like the.
Speaker 9: Thursday night football game said, well, come on, no, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I hope you guys didn't order anything from Amazon because it's probably not showing up on.
Speaker 1: Time, not showing up at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna have like it's the box is going to be crushed there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paul, I.
Speaker 3: Think we're doing them a favor by talking about it.
Speaker 8: I think maybe they'll relook at it, maybe mike things differently or delivered differently.
Speaker 3: Who knows that because they have to know this.
Speaker 8: But sometimes people are scared to tell the boss in certain things. I'm not talking about Jeff Bezos, but you know whoever's overseeing the football coverage.
Speaker 3: It seems benign the audio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they had issues last year. Buddha in San Francisco, Hi Buddha, No.
Speaker 14: Noboddy, epic meat Friday lineup boys DP. If only Jenny Batchie could see your King Hawaiian buns today, Baby, I'm channeling my inner Fritzi here and with all the Crappensburg State talk this week, which you know have you going at moments this week? I'm just picturing you at a stoplight. You're look in front of you bumper sticker, says Crappensburg State dot dot dot.
Speaker 1: With all right, thank you, Buddha.
Speaker 2: Well, we were also thinking, could you do a bumper sticker my son goes to Crappensburg State, or my son's an honor student at a proud parent my son and her daughter goes to Crappensburg State. Blame Seaton for this. He's the one that came up with you know, oh yeah, Georgia is gonna play Crappensburg State.
Speaker 5: My child made the Dean's list at Crappensburg State. They're gonna be all over there. We're going to sell a gajillion of those stickers and people are gonna see them and be like, Crappinsburg State.
Speaker 1: That would be great bumper stickers.
Speaker 5: Because I love seeing those stickers, like where it's like damn, like you know, Cornell and then Harvard or whatever you're like, and you just start adding up the tuition and you're like, dang, dude, those people are spending some money, and then right underneath that, somebody with a sense of humor will have Crappensburg State.
Speaker 2: Andrew in Washington, Welcome back, Andrew. What's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Good morning guys, Happy kings, Hawaiian meet Friday. I just had a question and then a stat of the day. So looking up the Giants and all the moves they made in the off season in Saquon Barkley, Brian Dabol Daniel Jones. Of those three, which one is cut, released or fired first or I don't see that that's going to be a combination that lasts that long. I think the luster's already off of it. I think there's like a one year wonder where you get a new offensive coach come in and everybody doesn't know what they're going to do. Now, everybody's prepared for him, and Saquon Barkley just seems to get hurt.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't have to bring Saquon back. They're locked into Danny Dimes for probably another two years, and you know it's early. Dable's a good coach, he is, but you know they they went in on Daniel Jones and I would not have I would have brought him back absolutely, but it's too early to say. You know, somebody's got to go on this team. They might win, you know, three or four in a row at some point.
Speaker 16: What else do you have, Andrew, Well, I've got a stat of the day if I can have some music, Okay.
Speaker 4: In the Brads ten to three win over the Nationals, Ronald Lacuna Junior scored his one and fortieth run of the season, which is the first time an MLB player has scored one hundred and forty runs or more since Alex Rodriguez in two thousand and seven. That's your stat of the day.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. Matt Olsen hit his fifty third home run Ronald Acuna Junior. The third is one hundred and fortieth run and a Rod had the record one forty three. But you know, these are the grinded out days in baseball, and you know the Braves are still doing that. The fact that Olson has fifty three home runs, it's wild. I could just go, oh, yeah, they got somebody to take over for Freddy Freeman. They got him from Oakland and you immediately go, oh, okay, yeah, he's from the area.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine home runs. I think it is his high.
Speaker 2: He seems like a nice player and then all of a sudden, it's like he's a really nice player.
Speaker 11: Yes, Mark, it's crazy that we don't know who Matt Olsen is, or the majority of people don't know because he's a Brave. And when I was a kid, the Braves are on the superstation on TBS, Dinner in a movie on TBS, followed by the Braves game. Those guys were stars. Fred McGriff and Chipper.
Speaker 1: Jones, Dale Murphy and Bob Horner.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, I'm talking about the nineties, but yes, those two.
Speaker 1: Yes, but those were the first stars.
Speaker 7: Like I knew who Mark Wohlers was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ryan Klesko, Yeah, Yeah, good for you, Blue Blue Blue, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 8: He's right, those those Brave teams, you had a lot of access nationally to a team in the afternoon. They play those afternoon games. There's nothing on Cubs had that for a while with WGN that you could see the Cubs anywhere even though they stunk.
Speaker 3: People knew the Cubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why you have fan bases all over the country with Braves and the Cubs, certainly with the Braves, because you could watch all their games. And it's interesting that you bring that up. I was talking about Ted Turner and Ted Turner was so far ahead of his time. I mean, he was a unique guy, and he won the America's Cup. You know, he was captain courageous. I think they have all of the America's Cups at the headquarters in New York except for Ted's. Like, I don't think they wanted Ted Turner's America's Cup win there that you know, he went against form. You know he wasn't you know James Lipper the third Yeah, he was Ted Turner and I might have a pop while I'm out there with my yacht. Unique guy. I remember him telling me one time he always he taked him. Oh oh, he didn't know my name, but he was like, oh, when I worked at CNN, he goes everything I got on I didn't pay for. And I was going to say, yeah, I wouldn't pay for that either. But you know, he'd show up in his bathrobe late at night while we were I was doing headline sports. He'd be giving it a tour at one in the morning with his bathrobe on and his slippers and be like, oh, and he didn't know my name, but he'd just like, you know, they're doing Megan TV awe in there, Hi, Ted, how are you now?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Did he have companionship though? He always he always had friends. He had a gorgeous helicopter pilot like that. I mean that's when you're like, WHOA all right? Like I got I got girlfriends. How old is Ted Pauline?
Speaker 8: I got him an eighty four years old? Yeah, he's from He born in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I don't remember his dad started a billboard business.
Speaker 1: Did you guys know each other? No, he didn't because he's eighty four.
Speaker 7: OK.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did know one of his girlfriends.
Speaker 3: His dad was a billboard magnets. Yes, great, though.
Speaker 1: Made his money. Yeah. I did know one of his girlfriends, lovely woman.
Speaker 2: But when I saw the helicopter pilot, this blonde gets out, I think she's a passenger.
Speaker 1: She was the pilot. I went, damn good for you, Ted.
Speaker 2: And he bought like thousands and thousands of acres of land out west Buffalo, I mean really unique man.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I once read a thing about him buying all of that land out west and his dream, like what he was trying to accomplish was to be able to ride his horse from the Canadian border to the Mexican border without ever leaving his property.
Speaker 1: His net worth is at two and a half billion.
Speaker 3: But it' that's an old estimate. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: Oh is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, I'm gonna check.
Speaker 1: Okay, man Ted Turner.
Speaker 2: And I think he managed for game or he tried to the fact that he had a picture Andy Messersmith that he got in free agency, I think, and he had him put Channel as his last name and channel seventeen, so his number was seventeen and he had his picture his put his name Channel I think on the back and it was Channel seventeen, which was TBS. Man, all right, let's take a break. Phone calls coming up, and uh, our play of the day is up.
Speaker 7: Next.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite childhood memory? And was it caught on film, videotape pictures? Hopefully it was, but hopefully you'll listen to me to make sure that your kids are able to watch your favorite childhood memories. Legacy box dot com slash Patrick go there now and enjoy forty percent off when you get started. The process is really easy. You send in your legacy box. It's filled with the VHS tapes, Camquarder tapes, pictures. They will professionally digitize everything by hand here in the United States. Then you're gonna get it back on the cloud or a thumb drive along with the originals. And they can digitize over fifteen different types of analog media, so VHS tapes, the eight millimeter film reels, photo negatives. They've been in business for a decade. They've helped over one million families relive those great days, childhood memories, wedding days, first steps.
Speaker 1: For a child.
Speaker 2: Legacy box dot com, slash Patrick. Go there and say forty percent you buy today, send in the box when you're ready Legacy box dot com slash Patrick, and remember get forty percent off. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's up everybody?
Speaker 17: It's me three time pro bowler LeVar Arrington and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 7: What is up on Game?
Speaker 17: You add along with my fellow pro bowler Peach Huschman Zada and Super Bowl champion Yup, that's right, Plexico Burris.
Speaker 1: You can only name a show with that type of talent on it.
Speaker 17: Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with me lebar Arrington, TJ. Hutschman, Zada, and Plexico Burrs on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 1: A couple of phone calls. Moe in Arizona, Hi, Moe, welcome back.
Speaker 18: Thanks Dan, one of the guys.
Speaker 4: Man whole question.
Speaker 18: Man, the Niners look really good.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 18: It seems that didn't matter who you put in there, even without our youth last night, it looked good. And that's so good in the beginning. But man, pretty is the truth. You guys better start believing. Yeah, okay, as far as the craftws Bird state, I don't know if anybody's brought this one up, but the Deuces.
Speaker 1: Yeah we brought that up. But thank you, Moe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna hear from Niner fans that you didn't believe, all right, Yeah, I believe ish it's a great story. I was thinking about this last night when I'm watching the game. Andy Staples, great college football reporter, was with us yesterday and he brought up something really interesting, and he was talking about Justin Fields at Ohio State, where you don't have to throw your receivers open.
Speaker 1: At Ohio State, they're open.
Speaker 2: And then in the Pros, certainly with the team like the Bears, you have to throw your receivers open and rock perty with the Niners, with McCaffrey and Deebo and Ayuk and George Kittle, he has more of a luxury. But when he was at Iowa State, he didn't have the luxury that Justin Fields had at Ohio State. With those great wide receivers. He had to make those great throws. And I think you're seeing the difference of when I'm at Ohio State and I got these receivers, just like Alabama, I can just put it wherever I want to, they'll grab it. With Iowa State, you didn't have that luxury. You really had to be able to pinpoint your passes. And I think that you're seeing Brock Purdy make that transition a lot easier than Justin Fields.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Poem, I'm looking back at some reviews of Tua before he went in the draft, and that was the same, not criticism, but question mark. How many easy games did he have? How many times did he throw to a receiver? Was ten yards wide of a defensive back? A. J.
Speaker 2: Mccherrn, former Alabama quarterback, will join us on Monday now talk to him about that. That was the knock with Alabama quarterbacks. Anybody can quarterback, and then all of a sudden they started to get really good passers to go along with really good receivers. Darren in California, Good morning, Darren.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind?
Speaker 7: How you know?
Speaker 19: Damn love your show.
Speaker 1: And turned down your radio?
Speaker 19: I got me, sorry, I got it off.
Speaker 18: Here we go.
Speaker 19: I got your name for your crap Brook State, Okay, and I don't think it's been taken by any the other school, so kind of unique. Okay, And could call him the Prairie Dogs anyway.
Speaker 1: I see where he's going with that. All right?
Speaker 2: I got you all right there, seatings on your wavelength, the Prairie Dogs of Crappensburg.
Speaker 1: State any where you're going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, or do your T shirt now? I mean, I don't know how long the supply lasts. Yeah, the duke Dukes Ofsburg State, Yes, absolutely, uh, Jesse and Kansas Hi, Jess.
Speaker 6: Right, First Time, Long Time six three, two oh five, and a Young twenty six, Old School twenty seven on Sunday, Happy Birthday, McLevin. I know it's your least favorite traditions. I'm gonna keep that going real quick. Well, I'm just calling about is the boy band thing? You know, Polly is pretty.
Speaker 15: Right about the whole producer kind of like finding boy band and putting them all together. That's really a eighties and nineties thing. But the Beatles my favorite band of all time. Death definitely early boy band, really boy band. You know, pop music that's sung by young males, really catered to the young female generation, you know, with songs I Can't Buy Me Love and I Wanted to Hold Your Hand.
Speaker 14: Those are definitely definitely boy band songs.
Speaker 15: Jackson five is definitely boy band two. The only thing is so great about the Beatles only band of all time to be a boy band and then become the greatest boy band.
Speaker 6: Of all time.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Jess.
Speaker 5: I mean, is there anything the Beatles didn't create?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I mean, well, the Beatles really did it first?
Speaker 2: Mmm one hour in the books on this meat Friday. WHOA, No, don't even do that, Todd, take that back? No one more I do w we close that hour one. Tire Rack is here to help you when you need help. Maybe not now, maybe not next week, maybe not next month, but when you have an issue with tires, always remember tire rack dot com slash dad. Tell them once you and if you're not sure where to begin, they have the easy to use Tired Decision God. You get a personalized tire recommendation in about two minutes, the right tires for hound one and where you drive. They sell only the best tires, full lineup of Beef good Rich tires right now. You go to the website. They will ship it fast and free to you, or they have over ten thousand recommended installers. Also, mobile tire installation is available in a lot of areas.
Speaker 1: What a convenience.
Speaker 2: That means they bring the tires to you at your home or office and install them on site. Usually takes about forty five minutes. Go to tire rack dot com slash dam you'll see the entire lineup of BF good Rich tires.
Speaker 1: The test results special offers that they have for you.
Speaker 2: Tire rack dot com slash dam and remember tire rack dot Com is the way tire buying should be