Speaker 1: And broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and gettys not live from studio c Armstrong and Getty. We're off for taking a break.
Speaker 3: And as long as we're.
Speaker 2: Off, perhaps you'd like to catch up on podcasts, subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand or one more thing we think.
Speaker 4: You'll enjoy it, sir, choices we get in l those were your choices.
Speaker 2: Somebody got shot? O?
Speaker 4: How good? Hold on the dirty dead?
Speaker 3: What do I want with my da do?
Speaker 4: Shaddy?
Speaker 2: What the hell is this?
Speaker 4: Everybody that is?
Speaker 2: That is rapper too low? Who is a pairing as a kiss? A guest on a podcast? Who the gun went off in his pocket? Apparently somehow?
Speaker 5: Okay? First of all, guests on a podcast. To have a podcast, all you need to do is own a phone or a computer. So is this a podcast with any I mean anyway? So he's sitting around talking to a guy and his gun goes off. What's the most interesting to me is these people live such a lifestyle. The reaction is, Hey, who's gun went off?
Speaker 3: Somebody's gone.
Speaker 2: Who pretty, somebody's gun went off. Whereas most of the company I keep, if there were a gun shot in the room, we would all be quite flabbergasted. Who shot? Who? Oh my gosh, is that a gun in your pocket? Or you're just happy to be on my podcast. Say that again, Michael. Just the beginning of it.
Speaker 4: And choices we got in life. Those were your choices.
Speaker 2: All right. Getting back to our topic, motivating ourselves for the new year, rapper too low. If you need to stick to your diet through January, that's beautiful. So there are a couple of things I wanted to do yesterday as kind of a kicking off the year thing. But we have so much let's to get to it. We can't get to all of it. But I love this.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna hit you with part of it and then we'll move on.
Speaker 2: We got a bunch of stuff. But this is written by a guy named Jeff Goldstein, who is a writer I really like, and he has this redeclaration of independence, and you'll know what he's driving at immediately.
Speaker 3: Be it so understood. This is my vow for the new year, too. I refuse to.
Speaker 2: Unpack white violence. I reject the idea that my existence perpetuates white power structures. I will not, and in fact cannot, examine my ipplicit biases. I'm an indo. I refuse to grant determined interpretive communities authority over my being. My meaning is mine, is what makes me me. I'm not taking any journey to discover the impact of my privilege on black and brown people's I will not become anti racist or anti fascist to satisfy your demands. I reject cultural Marxism. I am an individual. I'm not defined by my color, my lrige, and my sex. I'm jeff good to meet you. I will not respect your pronouns or celebrate your queerness. I am hostile to your sexualization of children. I reject your triggers and your desire to control my speech. I know who and what you are. You are my presumptive master, or else the useful idiot who empowers him. But I will grant you and your ideology no power over me. There's more you want to hear a little more sure. I reject equity because it is collectivism disguised as virtue. I reject inclusivity because it is inorganic superficial and contrived. I reject mandated diversity. I will not surrender to the crayon box mafia, nor do the gender changelings who pretend I am construct answerable to their whims. Cultural appropriation is merely culture. It expands to include, and it makes up the very fabric of a pluralistic society. There's no such thing as digital blackface. My whiteness is not violent, my sex is not oppressive. My religion doesn't concern you, and my children are not your stam mold. Your beliefs will not be imposed on me. The state will not parent my sons.
Speaker 3: Theory. Yes, digital blackface, I'd forgotten that term.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and again if you've lost a thread, This is a re declaration of independence. Queer theory is critical. Race theory is critical. Consciousness is the Marxist rejection of the individual as individual. I have some stats on how many states queer theory is being taught in schools to little children as truth and is as shocking. Well, one more time. Queer theory is critical. Race theory is critical. Consciousness is the Marxist rejection of the individual as individual. Cultural Marxism is determined to raise norms so chaos tear families asunder and reduce being to collective conformity. I reject its premises as fully as I reject its adherents. I will not comply. I will not mouth your slogans. I will not denounce on command. I am not your tool, and you are not my minder. And he has a little more about my speech is my own. I reject each of your excuses to silence me. I don't ask for your protections. I can filter information without your interference, Mark Zuckerberg, and I despise your presumption to protect me from myself. I am your sworn enemy, and you are mine. I will not perform for you. I will not read from your script or dance in your follies. Oh my brother, we'll post this at armstrong egedi dot com. It is brilliant, and he goes on.
Speaker 5: But that's the main party, and it fits in with that Wall Street Journal article I was reading from last hour. The progressive moment in global politics is over. That moment existed mostly online and with the you know, high level university set. It was a much smaller group than we all thought or feared, thank god, but it was it was misleading because it was so prevalent in you know, TV, newspapers and Twitter in places like that, but it was not near as big as we all thought. And the best thing that could happen to people that are on the right side of that, and you could be a lifelong Democrat and be to the right of all that stuff by a law shirt like Bill Maherr and lots of people. The best thing that could happen for us is if they continue to believe that they have the numbers they think they have as opposed to the tiny fraction that actually agrees with them.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm reminded of something great you brought to us, I think it was last year about how it only takes fifteen percent of a population that's dedicated to a revolution to make it successful. Because you want to give us the nickel version of.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, you have to have the fifteen percent really really active group that wants to overthrow the current regime.
Speaker 2: But you get a big enough chunk of people who mostly agree with you. They're not going to really do much, but they're not going to get in the way, and then you have the crowd that's scared of you, and you can easily.
Speaker 3: Get over fifty percent, right right, and that's how you in.
Speaker 2: And imagine if you were in that hardcore fifteen percent that wanted to, I don't know, for the sake of the argument overthrow Western society in the name of neo Marxism. Imagine if your first step was to capture media and education. I mean, that would be an enormous coupe because you could, and I'm stating the obvious here, you could project the idea that you have way way more mass than you do for your radical ideas, like radical gender theory, which I will give you a clue. It's like over a third of American states are teaching radical theory. There's no such thing as a man or a woman. You get to choose to little kids in schools. So man, these these scumbags, And I'm sorry for the for the you know, I'm a wardsmith. I can do better than that. I apologize these monsters. At least it's more adult. The fact that these monsters have gotten as far as they have is really really troubling. But you know, on we go with the fight. Trudeau resigning in Canada is a lot of what sparked. For instance, the Wall Street Journal article one on the list of Western leaders or parties that have really suffered defeats trying to ride the whole pronouns latinex you should be ashamed of yourself for being a white male.
Speaker 3: Bang right, Yeah, yeah, he was huge into that.
Speaker 2: And the what's really troubling about this, and we've had a bunch of conversations, is you got to your well, just you keep calling it fifteen percent for the sake of the argument.
Speaker 3: You get your hardcore fifteen percent activists.
Speaker 2: Well, the genius of neo Marxism developed in the intellectual salons of Europe in the forties and fifties, nineteen forties and nineteen fifties. They wrote books, they signed their name, they told us precisely what they wanted to do. The genius of it is they have crafted, and it's an evil genius, these moral sounding arguments that convince a certain sort of person that they are doing the right thing morally by becoming.
Speaker 3: An adherent to Neo Marxism.
Speaker 2: And it's particularly effective among women who want to seek agreement and groups and acceptance of that sort of thing. And it's particularly successful among your university crowd who want to be on the cutting edge of thought, that's how they gratify their egos by being the innovator, the new person, the revolutionary. It's incredibly I mean, they take practically sexual glee for being innovators in the universities, because how are you going to justify your big if you in any level of education say you know that stuff we've been doing, it's perfect. I wouldn't change it at all. True, you've wasted your PhD. So anyway, man, you have heard a lot of gun shots. If your reaction to a gun shot in a room is this.
Speaker 4: And choices we got in laye, those were your choices?
Speaker 2: Whobody been calmer than that shot?
Speaker 3: Who did somebody get shot?
Speaker 2: Huh? What? It would be the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life if a gun went.
Speaker 3: Off in a room. We're sitting there interviewing, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Rich Lowry from the National Review of Rich says who shot who?
Speaker 3: Who? Somebody get shot?
Speaker 4: And choices we got in lay Those were your choices?
Speaker 2: Who? It actually pretty interesting conversation before you know, the gun went on. So the other thing I wanted to squeeze in a couple more kind of wrapping up the year looking forward, to the year things, because I'll rant and rave about the previous story for the rest of my life. But Jan Crawford was on CBS's face the Nation Sunday.
Speaker 3: I saw that, and she brought the thunder.
Speaker 2: That the most uncovered and underreported topic last year was clearly she said, quote that to me, Joe Biden's obvious cognitive decline. They became undeniable in the televised debate, unquestioned that that's the most underreported story of the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely true. But we'll be lost to history. It's amazing that there isn't more introspection over that. Well, here's the really interesting part. She says, still incredibly, we read in the Washington Post that his advisers are saying that he regrets that he dropped out of the race, that he thinks he could have beaten Trump, and I think that is either delusional or the gaslighting the American people. But CBS's chief Election.
Speaker 2: And campaign correspondent Robert Costa jumped up and said, well, President Biden has repeatedly said he was sick during the debate in Atlanta, and he's always been fine, and he leaves fine.
Speaker 3: That is his position.
Speaker 2: The position of many of his top stadents as well as even though there is that reporting that Jan was talking to reduce the obvious accepted by everyone reality of Joe Biden's cogdon decline as there is that reporting, but he has now Jan he has said repeatedly had a cold.
Speaker 3: Costa's lost to me, he's lost his mind. I don't know who that's for.
Speaker 5: Eighty five percent of America before that debate thought he shouldn't serve again.
Speaker 2: So I don't know who you're serving with that, But enjoy your bubble Bob, the Armstrong and.
Speaker 6: Getty Show, Yeah, or Jack Orgoe podcasts and our Hot Lakes, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: I wonder if.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a run on those giant Schnauzer.
Speaker 2: Of course there are, of course, they're the dignified giant Schnauzer they call it. Is there like an undignified giant Schnauzer breed as well, like the clowney, you know, kind of loser giant Schnauzer that where's a wife beater around the house and woops where it once? I don't know. So this is one of my favorite moments in legislative history. A House Republican representative Earl Buddy Carter of Georgia, natch, I'm gonna move to Georgia just to vote for Earl Buddy Carter. He introduced a bill this week that would enable President Trump's efforts to purchase Greenland and rename it Red White and Blueland.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 2: The bill would also require the federal government to refer to it as such on official maps and documents. Never mind what the Denmarkians and Greenlanders say. Let's see as part of the bill, America is back and will soon be bigger than ever with the addition of Red, White and Blueland. President Trump has correctly identified the purchase of what is now Greenland is a national security priority, and we'll proudly welcome its people to join the freest nation ever exist.
Speaker 3: When our negotiator in chief inks this monumental deal.
Speaker 2: Also considered as names for the new state, Cold af Sylvania, Polar Barrington, simply Ice, Ice Baby, and my favorite North North North Dakota. Oh. Now, we're gonna have nice cooperation with Greenland. The Arctic and those passageways are going to be incredibly important in the next fifty years and it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Do you remember? I should do it again in case anybody didn't hear it. The biggest rumor in Washington, d C. According to Mark Alpern, and he talks to all the players.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the biggest rumor in the world, persistent and omnipresent, is the talk of a grand bargain between the United States and China that involves reduced tariffs, US access to Greenland, China's peaceful taking of Taiwan, all and several provisions and players to be named later.
Speaker 5: It seems implausible to many years and eyes, but the talk of this deal is everywhere, says Mark.
Speaker 3: Alper This sounds like it could be.
Speaker 2: A moral horror to me, but I'm trying to understand it. We won't fight you on Taiwan. We concede, sorry, Vladimer. You get the rights to the Northern Passage through the Arctic and the rest of it as a zone of influence and security. And let's get it on and we call it a deal. Yeah, yeah, and a couple of players to be named later.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got a question.
Speaker 5: So yesterday was Lincoln's birthday, Yes, sir, and Lincoln is on the penny. The penny was the most my whole life on the present piece of currency that existed. It is since lost its usefulness. Yes, we all agree with that. But if Lincoln isn't the greatest president of all time, he's number two. So I mean, you know, everybody agrees on that pretty much. Right, he's either him or Washington. They're in the top two. And do we move him to another? Doesn't it seem I mean, we're eliminating the most dominant currency that existed for my whole life with him on it.
Speaker 2: So that's a lot of less Lincoln bouncing around. And they're talking about putting you know, Harriet Tubman on the twenty or whatever. I've been talking about that for a long time. Lincoln still got there. He's got the five dollar bill. Yeah, that's a fine. You know, he's the currency, the finn the five.
Speaker 3: It ain't like the penny.
Speaker 5: Though everybody had a penny in their pocket my whole life, Lincoln was in their pocket, your whole life.
Speaker 3: No more. You got to move on. I just feel like he's getting downgraded.
Speaker 2: Not only I don't know what to tell you, you know how, I'm always predicting a planet of the beavers, because human beings are going to die off because we're not reproducing a fascinating story. The Czech Republic was trying to build a damn project for years and years and years, and while they were arguing about it, beavers actually damned off the river and accomplished what the government couldn't.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty funny story. They're ready to take over.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong Heyetty.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Keetty Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Jet Kid, he Armstrong and Getty Strong.
Speaker 3: Not live from Studio C Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: And We're off. We're just men nut machines. We need a little break. But while we're off, enjoy a carefully cultivated A and G replay. While you're at it, why not hit Armstrong Egeddy dot com. Dropis not if there's something you ought to be talking about when we get back to work, and while you're there, pick up some ang swag Armstrong Egeddy dot com. So ourfka junior hearing I do not have a strong position on a lot of these issues, as they are so freaking complicated. And then you add in politics and money and then try to figure out what's true and what's not. It's really really difficult, but I do know this, Practically everybody in the country seems like they got a kid who's got something wrong with him that didn't exist decades ago. How many times have we said on this show, how is this not biggest story in America?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And RFK Junior spends a lot of time talking about it. Whether he's right about all of that stuff. I haven't got the slightest idea. I would say this, it matters more to me than anything else in my life. I spent the entire day yesterday, like I've spent many of my entire days over the last thirteen years, dealing with this situation with one child. Psychiatrists start this medicine, stop that medicine.
Speaker 3: Do I call the police right now? What?
Speaker 2: How do I handle this whole situation? And it's all because of something that my kid doesn't deserve, that happened to him, because of the environment, or something that happens with vaccines around Who freaking knows. I have no idea, but I know a lot of you are in the same boat, and I would love to be able to figure this out.
Speaker 5: Love to be able to figure this out. It's the most challenging thing that's ever happened in my life. It'll be the most challenging thing in my son's life the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: And I love it if we could have serious conversations about these things.
Speaker 3: But can we? Is it possible to get it beyond what is Trump for? Is he for it that I'm for it? Is he for it that I'm against it? Can we get past that or not?
Speaker 2: If we can't get past that, then I guess we're all just doomed to try to figure this all out on our own.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Getting back more specifically at RFK Junior, I think you could teach a college class, maybe two of them, back to back an entire year on his nomination and the controversies around it, because there are I mean, there's the scientific part of it, certainly, the question of you know, how to approach scientific studies and meta studies and that sort of thing. Correlation and causation could be a few cases, a few classes, and then you could get into a situation where somebody and I'm glad that sen It's in charge of getting to the bottom of this and not me, but somebody says a whole lot of things that are true, and a whole lot of the people that are attacking him are greed heads and liars, and he's a greed head and a crack pot and says things that aren't true for attention and money. All of those things can simultaneously be true. And that's why this is so interesting to me and troubling and confusing. And you know, I have no idea, no desire rather to offend anybody who thinks that Bobby Kennedy would be a real force for good given some of his stances, because I get that, I actually get it. I'm just troubled by the guy in a lot of the things he believes.
Speaker 5: I am back to the general back away from RFK Junior, to the general question of so he says, on a regular basis, we have the sickest kids in the world. Is that documentable? Is that true? I know we've got more anxiety and depression and suicide than we've ever had.
Speaker 3: Do we have more than other ways? I don't look into this stuff.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should, because I'm so busy dealing with my own individual situation.
Speaker 3: I don't really have.
Speaker 2: Time to look into the meta problem and compare it to you know, Norway, because I'm trying to figure out you yesterday, yesterday, I'm on the phone with multiple doctors trying to figure out various this and that as things aren't working well at all, and so I don't know, do we have the sickest kids in the world. Is that a statement that's true?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know that would be helpful.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's enough to know that our kids are sick in ways that they weren't thirty years ago. On the other hand, you know, for a unique then you can start nailing down what is unique about the United States that would tend to cause what we're seeing. I doubt that's true. I'm reeling through my memory banks. I know a lot of the negative trends in terms of mental health that we're seeing are practically universal, if not universal in the developed world, they.
Speaker 3: Ought to be worth here and by degrees and various topics.
Speaker 2: A number of people on the autism spectrum and anxiety and medication and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Is that true? Other I would develop.
Speaker 2: I hope, you know, I hope somebody has and that comes up in the hearing today. If we have the sickest kids in the world, that's a big story. And another problem is a lot of the big studies that People's site have been utterly discredited. Sure, some of these topics, Sure, Charlottean's on all sides. Whenever you have a severe need, you will have fraud.
Speaker 5: It's it's tough. I mean to be perfectly fair on all sides. It's really tough because you've got ideology, you've got money, and then you got Trump derangement syndrome, and you put all of those together and it's really hard to figure something out. The money thing. I was asking this all the way through COVID.
Speaker 2: Remember when they would try to decide whether or not to UH to to approve another booster, make another mandatory booster, And I would say, and it's still true, how many billions of dollars depend on that?
Speaker 3: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: And are you gonna tell me everybody involved, and yes we should mandate another booster, or no is doing it for health reasons and not for the billions and billions and billions of dollars that are on the line.
Speaker 3: It's impossible to think that that's true.
Speaker 2: And even if it doesn't motivate them to do the opposite of what they would have done otherwise, it can definitely, you know, I'm forty percent sure this is a good idea. Wait, wait, you're gonna donate enough money that I can get elected for as many terms as I want for the rest of my life. Yeah, I'm fifty one percent sure.
Speaker 5: Are a lot mostly non elected officials involved in all that stuff, all these different committees and agencies and stuff like that. I don't know anything about their motivations. But again, when you got that much money slashing around, I mean, the various pharmaceutical companies wouldn't be doing their jobs if they weren't trying to influence these people with you know, we'll give you a gazillion dollar grant to study this if you vote yes. The other weird thing around the vaccine, You're going to see a whole bunch of Democrats today beaten up RFK Junior for his stance on vaccines. All of that flipped during COVID. My whole life, our whole lives have been talking about all these moms in Marin County, in the Bay Area who wouldn't get their kids vaccinated.
Speaker 2: Super hippie lefty liberals. Remember the old the saying used to be people that don't vaccinate their kids are all within a certain radius of a Whole Foods.
Speaker 3: That was always because it was true.
Speaker 2: I live in a town like that full of lefty moms who didn't want to vaccinate their kids. Now it's a maga, crazy right wing nut job thing. How did that happen?
Speaker 3: How did y'all switch teams so fast?
Speaker 2: I think if you can answer that question, you understand human beings, and please at that point share it with the rest of us.
Speaker 5: And then one more thing before it starts to show. Officially, we had the breaking Kennedy news at the end of the show yesterday we read part of the Caroline Kennedy letter about her own brother. It didn't mean that to be any endorsement of Caroline Kennedy. If you've listened to the show for a long time, I don't hold the Kennedy's in high regard In any way.
Speaker 2: They ought to be banned. I think that we ought to offer them the following bargain. You can be jailed or exiled permanently, or you can change your name. I never want to hear the damn name Kennedy again, No, except for that nice gal from MTV is now on Fox News. But worth keeping in mind the blast from Carroll, Sweet Carol, from Caroline Kennedy about her brother. She was up until like a couple of months ago saying Joe Biden is fit for office for another term.
Speaker 3: So keep that in mind in terms of her judgment or how honest she is.
Speaker 8: I the armstrong and getting show.
Speaker 5: I wanted Joe to make an argument for why I should be worried about the billionaires and being at the inauguration and being too close to Trump and whatever. This oligarchy that Biden warned us about the other night. Bernie talked about this lest yesterday with the Treasury Secretary some one.
Speaker 3: Of your confirmation hearings. Here's Bernie Sanders. We don't talk about this enough.
Speaker 7: And that is when you got three people on top well more wealth than the bottom half of American society, one hundred and seventy million people. You know what, that's oligauchy. When you have massive concentration of ownership in our economy, fewer and fewer corporations owning and controlling the economy, that's oligauchy. When you have more and more billionaires, whether it's Musk owning Twitter or Murdoch owning a Fox, or other billionaires owning newspapers.
Speaker 3: That's oligarchy.
Speaker 5: She didn't want to say bezos in the Washington Post because they're on your side, right Ryan, Yeah, who's another conservative Murdoch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it? So well in what way? Well, what's the argument for there shouldn't be billionaires? They've got too much money? This is an oligarchy. I will tell you this a couple of things.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Number one, if you are if you hope to be a serious person, a person who of you it is said, I don't always agree with him or her, but their point of view is always worth taking in. You need to be able to steal man the other side's argument, the opposite of a straw man, where you construct the ridiculous parody of their argument that knock it down and feel all manly you see.
Speaker 3: It all the time. It works. You've got to he dismissed.
Speaker 2: Like, I'll tell you what, after a rough day, nothing I like better than beating the hell out of a straw man. But you know, you've got to construct a very strong argument, as they would make it I've got to admit I'm finding this argument, this assignment very, very difficult, because I find the argument's weak. What I would say is similar to Bernie. You have that much concentrated wealth and power in a few people with a direct connection line to the Presidency and the entire executive branch, they will become a star chamber of the ultra wealthy, directing US policy to their whims.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I did a good job. Evidently you know my argument. How would you stop?
Speaker 5: How would you first of all, how would you stop the possibility of that? How would you limit the possibility of that anyway within the bill of right?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, no, it can't be done. There are a couple of like really good counter arguments against that, even if you admit.
Speaker 3: That it's true. One, what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: If your net worth is more than fifty million dollars? You don't get to a petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Speaker 5: Right, or you're not allowed to talk to your senator or the president.
Speaker 2: And speaking of visiting Washington, DC, if you ever strode along Ky Street and seen all the beautiful, shiny buildings that are full of lobbyists. That sort of thing is already happening in spades every single day.
Speaker 5: Obviously because of our bent, it's just so much easier to take the other side of this.
Speaker 2: Statistically. First of all, just start here. There are more billionaires that donate to Democrats than there are donate to Republicans. That's just an unknown fact. So and Bernie's against that. In his defense, he is utterly misguided. But Bernie Sanders is sincere true.
Speaker 5: Bernie is as a socialist, he doesn't think billionaires should exist. That is a nut job attitude. But Biden is fine with the Democrat billionaires. He isn't like conservative billionaires. Oh yeah, complete four one billionaires switch teams because a lot of times billionaires are just going with whichever direction see Zuckerberg, maybe whichever direction. Okay, they're in power, let's make them happy, which you know is not a bad business model.
Speaker 3: But first of all, it's a lot like we mock.
Speaker 5: If it's going to be one hundred degrees, everybody gets all excited as opposed to ninety eight.
Speaker 2: It's just a round number. I don't know why somebody who is whose net worth is nine hundred million dollars is eh, do what you want to do. But once you hit a billion, you're all of a sudden suspect I got to kill you. You've got a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: I mean that just seems like so if you got five.
Speaker 2: Guys in the front row that each have three hundred million dollars, don't need to think about them.
Speaker 3: It's the two billionaires over there. Just it's just silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, I think this is this is my final on this, and it's a very handy thing to keep in your intellectual back pocket to bust out in case of emergency. And that is Jefferson's famous declaration, not of independence, but that he would rather attend to the problems of too much liberty than too little. And there are so many things like the billionaire argument, because it's you know, it's reasonable to say, look, you got people with incredible wealth and power. They can direct the government in ways not foreseen by the Constitution. It's absolutely true. But the cure would be worse than the disease. It's it's a you know, to unfortunately bring up christin home. Agin. My dog Baxter, God bless him, still hanging on. He's a fabulous dog. He's very bright. He's very willful. He is like a disobedient child. He will get away with what he can. And you know, when I'm in the room, he's good. But at the minute I walk out of the room, he's like eight. The bus is gone. Anyway, I could certainly eliminate a lot of those problems by shooting my dog like I'm Christino. It would absolutely, one hundred percent cure those problems. Billionaire follow you, No, no, no, what am I Luigi the psychopathic lunatic? No I am not. No. What I'm saying is gosh, it would be nice to not have those problems. But if the cure violates your fundamental beliefs, then you've got to find another way. You've either got to live with it or be more clever about curing it. And one of the great sick tendencies of the left, especially but not exclusively the left, especially if you want to look at history, but one of their sick tendencies is to say, this is a problem, and this is a solution to that problem. Therefore we must do it. And the idea that we don't get to do that we need to just put up with it or help a little bit. We don't to give ourselves the power to cure that quote unquote problem would make us monsters.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure a lot of the media even has an argument. They just think that because I've seen a fair amount of news coverage where it's just Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg. Will all three be attending the inauguration on Monday. There are the three richest men in the world.
Speaker 2: And they plan to sit together, and they kind of look at you like, huh, isn't that scary?
Speaker 3: But with no follow up is why it would be in any way?
Speaker 2: I don't right, it's just appealing to like not spelled out prejudices. It's like if you're in a group of racists and somebody brings up a black man, for instance, and somebody says something disparaging about them. Nobody says, all right, now, let's have a discussion of the positive and negative aspects of that person's character and whether that.
Speaker 3: Was deserved or not.
Speaker 2: No, they'll just snicker because they're racists, and that's the way it is. It's just a tribal signaling thing. I think they're way wrong on this. I think most people admire billionaires, wish they could be a billionaire.
Speaker 3: Think it's cool. Imagine what it'd be like to be a billionaire.
Speaker 5: I know there is a crowd college students or whatever college professors who are just the term billionaire.
Speaker 2: The idea of a billionaire makes them sick. But I think that's like a tiny percentage of the country, don't you.
Speaker 3: I would agree. I do think most people are bothered by it.
Speaker 2: The politics of envy is incredibly powerful too. But yeah, I think, and this is crazy. Maybe you want to jot this down. If a billionaire does something good, why don't you say that's good? And if they do something bad, say that's bad. And I don't like it. We'll go from there, all right. They are elon trying to rein in the shocking, sprawling, idiotic growth of the federal bureaucracies. That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care what his net worth is.
Speaker 5: I think it should be pointed out more than the one, two and three richest people in the world are all Americans who made their goal of it from scratch in the United States of America. Because you can wow.
Speaker 2: Great point.
Speaker 6: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show