Speaker 1: Yo, Part two of the Most Toxic Relationship.
Speaker 2: Dog This one Toxic relationship again Anthony Blinkin just getting back from a meeting with China, and there's four big takeaways, And basically the four big takeaways is it could have been worse.
Speaker 1: That's the four biggest takeaways. It could have went much worse.
Speaker 2: But we was in the middle of walking through some history of the Sino American relations and I looked up and was like, Dannus, mother law, let me split this into two. So we're gonna pick up the conversation at about nineteen seventy one, and I'm gonna carry the conversation from nineteen seventy one into now. All right, So I'm gonna jump in the past me recording, connecting it to future me, which is also past you, because they're because I recorded this.
Speaker 1: Three weeks before you heard it.
Speaker 2: Now fast forward to nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Remember I told you it's a person that you looking at them and you like, I mean, respect do. I don't like you, but I get it, and I kind of need you around because I mean, you're kind of a person you got to know out this mug. So in nineteen seventy one, there was the first step in maybe possibly like somebody trying to like, you know, if you was like, you know what, suld we should go have lunch. When you try to tell somebody like you know what, let me just let me just let's you want to catch a cocktail something like, you're just like listen, man, like, okay, it don't have to always be weird.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm tripping. Let's see what's up right.
Speaker 2: So the first sign of that was China's ping pong team. They invite members of the US team to China in April of nineteen seventy one, and then journalists come the accompanying players and it was like, so listen, that's them being like.
Speaker 1: Hey, bro, you want to I could get a beer or something like let's just fresh start, fresh start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seen the other guys fresh start or just call this the Fabreeze Brothers.
Speaker 1: New fresh Start.
Speaker 2: So they're the first Americans allowed to come to China since nineteen forty nine. This is in July of nineteen seventy one. Henry Kissinger at the time was the Secretary of State. He makes this secret trip to China. But then shortly after the United Nations recognized the People's Republic of China with its permanent Security Council seat that had been held by Shang Kai Chek's Republic of China since nineteen forty five. Now confusing, let me remind you what happened. Maling them defeated Shang Kai Shek and Shang Kai Shek, the national public are the ones that left and made Taiwan.
Speaker 1: You got me, okay.
Speaker 2: The UN finally puts some respect on China's name. China's like, thank you. Then it gets real weird when Nixon goes in nineteen seventy two. He spends eight days in China. Nixon at the time, it's one of those things where you like, you know, at the time, this felt like a good idea.
Speaker 1: So he meets with Chairman Mao. Right, this communist, communist dude.
Speaker 2: Now, remember he could at this moment in Nixon's career, he can afford to, you know, make some gambles. So he signs the Shanghai Communique right with the premiere over there, and it sets the stage to try to improve our relations. So it's like, it don't always got to be weird when we see each other. Right, let's discuss the difficulties, particularly Taiwan, but normalization of those relations between the two countries, it just never really work out. Now, y'all remember when we was talking about Israel and Palestine what normalization means. Remember we talk about like basically saying like I see you, right, And that was most of the Arab nations were trying to tell the world, like, don't do this with Israel, Like if you do this, it's gonna be a problem with everybody. Don't recognize them, meaning you treat them just like a nation would treat any other nation. Obviously, we have a position, as you saw from day one. We like the Taiwanese. We liked them as a country. We think yo, like Doc, if they want to bounce, let them bounce like they doing anything Like, I don't understand what your problem is. But like I said, when you looking at two sides having an argument that are related, you can't just be taking no position if you don't know the history, you ain't been around here long enough. You just decided. Because of this, I'm speaking from China's perspective. Now, I know you may feel like because of the way that I'm speaking of this, that I'm on China's side. Nothing can be further from the truth. I listen, I'm a square. Would come to this like when it come to like think of it like this, when it comes to cribs, bloods, I'm a Filipino. Like there's like nigga, that's y'all's thing. If we're talking Mexican and Southadorian, I'm a black dude, Like that's y'all. Like, I'm not in it. I'm just trying to trying to give y'all some personifications out this book. So anyway, Nixon, like, Yo, we at some point we got to talk about this because fast forward to now. You know, Taiwan makes all of the chips inside of all of our smart devices, all the way down to your door. Nigga, your dishwasher because the thermostat, cho phone, nigga, did every your vacuum, Nigga, anything that's got an LED screen got a chip in it, and it's made in Taiwan. So you know, in some senses, we were pretty smart to try to stay nice to them. Anyway, So now formal ties are made. You fast forward to nineteen seventy nine with President Carter, he grats China full diplomatic recognition while acknowledging that mainlands China one China principle and serving normal ties to Chaiwan. So basically what Jimmy Carter tries to do is basically have his cake and eat it too. He tried to do both. He trying to have his main and his side, and he wants them to both get along. So by saying, Okay, I'm gonna grant China full diplomatic, I'm gonna recognize you, you full diplomat.
Speaker 1: You good over here, everybody good.
Speaker 2: But China itself is like, okay, cool, So then you understand what we mean by one China, which basically one China's, One China policy is basically saying, Taiwan's China, You're not your own thing, You're just you're us. But before that, while we never really wanted to like officially jump in with China, was because we don't agree that that's not true if you're telling me it's all or nothing, like we trying to be like in the eighties. My name is Bennett and I ain't in it, but at the same time I kind of need both of y'all. Right. So then shortly after in April, the Congress approves the Taiwan Relations Act right, allowing continued commercial and cultural relations with the United States and Taiwan. So basically like, I don't want that beef. I don't want the smoke, but I do want I do want the products. I want to keep making this money. Like we ain't got to get along. I'm not gonna look that beef you got in mind, nigga, Like I'm not finna. You know when your ops come, nigga, those are your ops. But we can make this money. And then Taiwan like, well, I mean what you mean my ops, nigga? My ops are China and you just said you're cool with them. So I don't.
Speaker 1: I really don't. I mean, what's really good, bro? Like what we really talking about?
Speaker 2: Right? And America like, man, shut up and cast this check I'm giving you, you know, shut up and take these tanks, nigga, Like I don't understand what your problem is.
Speaker 1: Now. Fast forward to the Reagan era.
Speaker 2: Reagan administration gives these things called the Six Assurances to Taiwan. Reagan is like, this is the shut up and take take your money thing, right, And they said we're including that we will always honor the Taiwan Relations Act. Right, we not go on mediate between that again. We're not gonna get in between us. That shit you got between you and China. That's between y'all. I promise to never do that. And we're gonna set a date right to terminate our sales of weapons to Taiwan, and then they so then he signs it in nineteen eighty two with the People's Republic of China, which officially normalizes the relations. Right. Basically, we trying to date sisters, you understand what I'm saying, and we just want every sister to be cool with each other right now. Throughout this whole thing, Reagan keeps voicing support and stronger ties with Taiwan, right, and his administration is also building or hoping to improve relationships with Beijing, which is China at the height of the US concerns with the Soviet expansionism, because you got to remember, all that President Reagan was worried about was fuck Russia.
Speaker 1: He's his fear is like, I can't have Russia having friends.
Speaker 2: So if you China, you know that, I think you only being cool with us because you don't like our big homie, So you just trying to keep us on your side.
Speaker 1: But little do you know, won't really like our big homie either. This is just this shit is functional.
Speaker 2: And then in June, the US government permits Beijing to make purchases of military equipment. Now, if you Taiwan, you like nigga, did you just promise to stop selling me weapons and then now promising to sell them weapons? This shit is weird. Fast forward to the TMN Square. All this shit blows up again in nineteen eighty nine, thousands of students hold this demonstration in Beijing and the TMN spare demanding democratic reforms and the end of the corruption.
Speaker 1: Right, and what does China do? Well? Now, if you America, you like nigga? Are you serious? Nigga?
Speaker 2: What the.
Speaker 1: Everything? Everything was cool just then? Were it was? It was going so good? Just now bro, all right, digg are y'all serious?
Speaker 2: Did you just what the I just agreed to sell you tanks and you just shot your own nigga?
Speaker 1: China looking at them like what do you care? We're like, what do we care?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Fast forward March nineteen ninety six, Taiwan's first free presidential vote right the Nationalist Party, Lee ting Yui.
Speaker 1: I said his name wrong.
Speaker 2: He wins Taiwan's first presidential election by a super large margin in nineteen ninety six, despite Chinese missile tests meant to sway Taiwanese voters. Right. Basically, they were like, Okay, listen, I don't care what y'all want. We're gonna ask the Taiwanese what do y'all want? Y'all want on an independent state or you want to stay just kind of like China's little homie. China was like, yeah, okay, it's up to y'all. Why don't y'all decide? Chick chick pow wow. Oh, we just testing weapons. We just want to see what y'all want. Right, Well, they still decided. Now we're trying to roll solo dolo. Right, get look look this how messy the shit gets because this election happens after a year. They come a year after China brings back their ambassador. China had an ambassador in America. China sends him home because President Clinton allows a visit by Lee, right, reversing this fifteen year old US policy against granting visas to Taiwanese leaders.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety six, Washington and Beijing agreed to exchange officials again.
Speaker 1: So you got to remember listen, China was like, I'll mess with y'all.
Speaker 2: You can mess with Taiwan, but you can't get a leader's visas because remember they not a country, and America was like, well shit, okay, that's why when you fast forward to Nancy Pelosi going, that's why that was such a big middle finger to China. But Nancy Pelosi, of that T and M N Square generation, she like, I don't give a fuck what y'all think.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I'm going to visit the homies. Let me slide by their player. What's up? Cuh here go over there?
Speaker 2: Tapped up his armies in Taiwan because he's like, Nigga, this is what I remember. You out here telling us who we can and can't have come to our house, and you fuck y'all, you can't tell us who we can have in our house. If I'm a demand just got elected, I'm gonna invite him over all. Look that shit you got between you two, that's that shit is weird. I don't wanna be a part of it. The man won, I'm gonna invite him over got weird again. Then it gets really ugly in nineteen ninety nine when the Belgrade embassy bombing, and so NATO gets this accidentally bombs the Chinese embassy in Belgrade during his campaign against the Serbian forces who are occupying Kosovo in nineteen ninety nine. Right, the US and NATO are like, oh shit, my bad, bro, dog we Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 1: I am so sorry, bro.
Speaker 2: I know it's so weird, but like nigga, I swear to God on Mama's on hood, on set, on everything on turf, that was an accident.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to God.
Speaker 2: I know it's already weird, betwet us, but I swear to God, nigga, I wasn't trying to like bomb your spot, trying to like say you keep it, HELI keep your apology. Fuck yr accident right and demonstrated all over the world was like, okay, you know what, man, I knew, I knew, I knew I didn't like them. Now President Clinton now man. October two thousand and President Clinton signs the US China Relations Act right in October, granting Beijing permanent normal trade relations between the US and China, paving away for China to join the World Trade Organization In two thousand and one. Right between nineteen eighty and two thousand and four, the US and China trade rises from five billion, get this, to two hundred and thirty one billion.
Speaker 1: Now we're making money.
Speaker 2: And then China surpasses Mexico as United States second biggest trader after Canada.
Speaker 1: Oh man, now there's bread to be made. Right.
Speaker 2: Then there's this weird two thousand and one spy plane standoff right where a reconnaissance plane collides with the Chinese fighter and it's making emergency landing in Chinese territory.
Speaker 1: You see, this shit just keeps getting.
Speaker 2: Worse, right, and then it gets super tense, right, and after twelve days of an intense standoff, the authorities released the crew and President George W. Bush expresses regret over the death of the Chinese pilot and the landing of the US plane. It just things just got kept getting weird. Right while all this is happening, you got to remember North Korea is still going crazy. Right. So in two thousand and five, are Secretary of State. He has this idea to where he's like, listen, like it or not, Man, China on the come up. We need to start talking to them, as what he was calling a responsible stakeholder because because since they on the come up, we could start using a influence maybe to help peace everywhere else. Right, so help us get in good like basically plug us with people like Sudan and like North Korea. You feel me in like Iran to get into this like international system. Man, like stop being weirdos like, man, let's all make this money together.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 2: North Korea is like man, fuck yo system. I don't care about nobody, none of this shit. I'm making nukes.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be nobody little brother. Right, which is the door of Korea? We know now?
Speaker 2: So that's when they run their first no nuclear tests and China was supposed to serve as a as a mediator to try to bring North Korea back to the table. I remember, like I said, you got to think of these as people North Korea like man, fuck y'all. Man, I ain't nobody's love homy. You're gonna put respect on mine? I want, I don't want. I don't want to be China's love homie that they responsible for. I'm trying to be bigger than China. You need to respect me the way you respect China. How to China, get that respect. We got to go back to the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: In they mind. They're like, well, that's cause they got newts. Nigga, you respect the nigga with newts.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and seven, right, China starts saying, Oh, I see the game. I see the difference between how I get from the varsity team to the NBA, how I go from the D League, G League to the NBA. I need to start spending money on this, on this army. Them niggas raise they budget by eighteen percent.
Speaker 1: In the defense.
Speaker 2: It's two thousand and seven, they spending more than forty five billion dollars, increasing their military expenditure on an average of fifteen percent. And at the same time they telling everybody like, look dog like man, We're just trying to be another peaceful member of this global community. Nigga whatever. And I wish the motherfucker would That's what you know what I'm saying, That's that's what China doing right now, right listen. And then in two thousand and eight, really the table's turn, China surpasses Japan as the largest holder of US debt. Now you remember in the messing with my money is messing my emotions. I told you all about other countries holding people's debt. It goes to about six hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Now the power.
Speaker 2: Dynamics shifts because we kind of need China. Now how China getting all this stuff together? This puts you in a rare position. If you got a relative that always got money and you know how they get their money.
Speaker 1: You know exactly how they get their money, but are from you really need that money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you in a quandree ancient. Oh we know what China do today, workers, we know what they do, we know how to go, but we really really like our stuff. Twenty ten, China becomes the second largest economy. They surpassed Japan, and according to Golden Sacks, they gonna be the biggest world economy. They're gonna surpass us by twenty twenty seven. Now we're getting in closer to modernized. Now we're in twenty eleven because we finally get it. That's where the bread at. So US says, Okay, we need to start really thinking about Asia much more than Secretary of State Hillary Clinton outlines what she's calling pivot to Asia right, which is called increased investment diplomatic economic, strategic, and otherwise Asia Pacific region. And it's the reason we're doing that is it seems like America's just haters. We was over here creeping on a cut again from China's perspective, we just allway here creeping on a come up, and you just salting the game. You just being a hater, like only you're only investing in here so that we don't be on top.
Speaker 1: And it's like this shit is weird at this point. Now.
Speaker 2: So one of those things is President Obama announces this sort of free trade agreement and plans to send twenty five hundred marines into Australia, right because Yo, we're about to do a Transpacific partnership, right, multinational free trade agreement.
Speaker 1: Man, let's all make this money.
Speaker 2: And that was that pivot right in Beijing, Like nigga, you think I don't know what you're doing. Twenty twelve, it gets real weird. US has a trade deficit with China. Rights it goes up to two hundred and seventy three point one billion dollars in twenty ten and all time increase right since twenty eleven. At this point, the United States, the EU, and Japan file a request for consultations with China at the World Trade Organization over its restricting on exporting of rare earth medals. What was China doing, Nigga getting ready for this chip shit? The United States and its allies contend that China's quota violates international trade norms, en forcing multinational firms that use these medals to relocate to China. China calls the move rash and unfair, while vowing to defend its rights in trade disputes.
Speaker 1: Now, I just obviously that sounds like I was reading because I was. Now, let me tell you what that means.
Speaker 2: China was like, oh shit, we have something that the future absolutely needs in the stage rare metals. What if we don't send them to you? You see that long pause that if you want to participate in the future, like I don't know, iPhones, electric cars, solar panels, you just gonna have to move your factory here because we're not sending it. America and everybody else was like, hey, you can't do that. You see how we never agree on shit, and China like, Nigga is our earth. It did come out the ground here, we can we can decide what we're gonna export or not export. They like, that's not fair, Fan, you creating an unfair thing. And China was like, China could be like, well, you know, neither was slavery.
Speaker 1: Uh. So there's that.
Speaker 2: Now fast forward to twenty twelve, China got this new leadership. This is the eighteenth National Party of Congress. Includes the most significant leadership turnover in decades, which meant that seventy percent of the members of the country's mavored leadership bodies right are replaced. Xijingping becomes the president. Now we're coming into a landing onto modern.
Speaker 1: Names and people. We understand.
Speaker 2: Now. May twenty fourteen, the US Supreme Court indicts five Chinese hackers with alleged ties to the Chinese People's Liberation Army on charges of stealing trade technology from US companies. In response, Beijing suspends cooperation and the US China Cybersecurity Working Group. Now what am I talking about? This was all over the news. I think there's a Uh, there's a New York Times episode about this. Uh listen, listen, listen to what China was doing.
Speaker 1: Nigga and shit is crazy. China was finding.
Speaker 2: People who were first gen, second gen whatever it was, who was working at high tech companies. Usually what people do is this, you get a tech you try to reverse engineer. You find this, you know, you find an iPhone on the ground, you know what I'm saying. Whatever it is, you take it to your office, you take it to your factory, you take it apart. And what you're trying to do is figure out the technology. You're trying to figure out what y'all did. And that's called reverse engineering. Right. What China was doing was this less work, smarter, not harder. China was like, nigga, everybody that's there in America making the shit are Chinese because their schools suck. Now there's another side story about this about Taiwan, right, because why Taiwan became which is a whole other story which is super dope white. Taiwan became a place where like all these engineers that invented the computer chip in the way that we understand it as now, they were homie that did that was from the States, moved back to Taiwan, saw what Taiwan was going through, called all the hommies and was like, nigga, why don't you just come here?
Speaker 1: You could just build your own factory. So he just farmed.
Speaker 2: Everybody told him to come home created what they got did difference here in China. China was China slick. China would hit fools up and would be like, who still got relly here?
Speaker 1: Nigga, this shit is brilliant. Who still got really here? Okay?
Speaker 2: They would call homeboy. I mean this, it is a true story. They would call him and be like, yo, hey, I heard you worked on the tech that made I don't know, I'm making this part of that made, you know, the AI for all of the you know, chatbots that are in the customers service thing. You know, when you go to like a website like your bank or whatever, and it says like if you need you know, assistance, there's a little text window that pops up. That's an AI. You know that's not to bot. You know what I'm saying. You've been working with bots forever. But anyway, let's just say he was like, Yo, I heard you as the head software designer for that.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 2: Hey, would you come give a lecture back home in China where your family live. Where they at they up near wuhan Oh. Okay, word, hey, look, fly everybody out. You know what I'm saying, fly everybody out, just go visit, you know, go visit Grandma on them and then when you ready. You know what I'm saying, We'll send a plane, we'll send a car. Whatever, you come down to Beijing. I don't know if that's far. I don't know if you need a plane for Beijing. I'm not looking at a map, but you could whatever. They say, like, Yo, we'll send for you. You know what I'm saying, you come, do this thing, make a little presentation right now. You the polo Chinese tech here is like, damn, that's dope. How much you're gonna pay? And they like, yo, whatever you want geez right. They're like hell yeah, and they're like, you know, a matter of fact, like I said, we'll cover you, cover you come with your family. We just look, we just want to learn. And they're like all right, bet well this is what we want to learn. We want to know, Like, Yo, how did you write this script? Because little dude, little does that pole guy know this company in China been trying to reverse engineer his tech this whole time.
Speaker 1: So basically he's just like, why don't you just bring it your tech? Right?
Speaker 2: But you can't just ask a dude that so you're like, yeah, just come do a lesson for us. It's like okay, cool, well this is what we need to know. And most of the time people are smart enough to be like, well, uh, I'm not gonna I can't just like.
Speaker 1: Print out a PDF of what we build. They're like, oh no, no, no, that's not what I'm asking you to do.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you to just like just talk about like your parts, Like oh word, okay, damn, all right, well I can tell you about my parts, but I can't tell you all day. Okay, yeah, cool, no problem, And then they keep just wearing Homie down until eventually and even the kids, the class that they're talking to is not class. They're not college students. Their engineers from this company, this Chinese company. And then they're asking questions, Yo, but when you did this, then how did it come up with this? And the only way to answer the question from them kids air quote kids is to just tell you the trade secrets. The reason I noticed is because the FBI did this or the CIA did a sting on it. They sent to fake they set up a whole fake call to see how that basically ran the game that China ran because they was trying to catch somebody selling these trade secrets and to figure out if this is really how Chining to do it, that's how chrying to do it. And then eventually, you know, they fly you out for ten g's, then they fly your wife out. Then they say, hey, just come kick it. You know what I'm saying. We'll just go get a beer. And then you know what I'm saying, you want to do a vacation, you feel me? And at the beer, it's like, yo, actually, man, I was reading through that.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: You left your flash drive last week. And when you left your flash drive, oh shit, if you built that little PowerPoint presentation on your work computer, your work computer connected to your it T servers at work, your boss knows exactly what you downloaded. Nigga, you just gave China trade secrets. Now China got the tech and you got to remember we racing against China as a crime, but you got baited.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 2: So what we would do in the United States, like Foreign Relations, is we would be like, okay, look, you can go to jail for fifteen years or you can you know, be an informant for us.
Speaker 1: We need to catch the guy that baited you and showed up. That was some of the steps we would do.
Speaker 2: This all happening, nigga, like while we're alive, Like this this real spot shit.
Speaker 1: Going on right now.
Speaker 2: So excuse the US for feeling weird about a balloon flying over you know what I'm saying, because like it's always been weird with us, you feel me now while all that is happening behind closed doors. Of twenty fourteen, the joint Climbate announcement happens. Because remember, we're killing the planet, right, both of us race it to the top. We're killing the planet. So during the Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit, President Obama and President she issued his joint statement about climate change, pledging to reduce emissions, and Obama sets a more ambitious target right for US emissions and cutbacks, and she makes China's first promise to curb their carbon emissions growth by twenty thirty. And these commitments are very special. Was because we two of the world's top polluters, right, and it was supposed to boost momentum.
Speaker 1: You see how weird our relationship is.
Speaker 2: Because we on top, but we kind of it's always at any moment it could go up. And China's attitude even about this climate shit is like, well, nigga, y'all had one hundred year head start of polluting the land that made y'all rich. I want them a hundred years. Why I gotta stop doing that. Nigga, You've been polluting the world one hundred years longer than us. I gotta I gotta meet the same level you gotta meet. Like, nigga, let me get up, Let me get some of that bread. You just mad because I'm about to I'm second in line. You just mad because I'm finnna take your throne. But there's still a chance, like I said, where things could go up. Right. In twenty fifteen, at the fourteenth Annual Shangri La Dialogue on Aging Security and You, US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter calls on China to hot all this controversial land reclamation efforts in the South China Sea, man saying like, yo, y'all just can't be like creating all this like militarization of this disputed territory. Nigga, that's place ain't yours. You gotta just be building a base over there. And then ahead of this conference, the U officials say that we know what we're talking about because we got surveillance images over this spot seeing you building some shit China.
Speaker 1: Like, what the hell you doing over our chain of islands?
Speaker 2: Nigga, What we build over here, first of all is none of y'all goddamn business.
Speaker 1: But what we did build is just for It's just civilian stuff. Nigga. You and I both know it ain't civilian stuff.
Speaker 2: But America. Like yo, again, things was going cool for a little bit there. You ain't gotta be like that. Then all of the sudden, Donald J. Trump Trey talking out. Listen, I'm honor to one China policy, Right, I like G because again G moved like Trump in a lot of ways. Right Trump, dude, break all the rules. He was like, listen, I speak to the tie when he's president if I feel like it, he questioned in the US Commitment to One China policy. Watching this policy for four decades has recognized that there is but one China under the policy of the United States, and has maintained formal proplities for people's public of China, while also maintaining some unofficial kind of on the low tides with Taiwan.
Speaker 1: Including the Provision of Defense AID right.
Speaker 2: Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, visiting Beijing in March, describes US China relationships as built on non confrontation, no conflict, no rich or respect. You know, no conflict, no reach respect. So basically, I'll stay out of that shit. Don't tell me who to kick it with. I won't tell you who to kick it with.
Speaker 1: I get it. You believe in one China. I get it.
Speaker 2: I ain't fin art. I ain't going back and forth with you over that. But Taiwan's the hommies. But if that's gonna salt the game with y'all, like listen, then just you know, we will keep it off the books.
Speaker 1: It's whatever.
Speaker 2: But like nigga, I'm gonna talk to whoever I want to talk to. Trump in twenty seventeen brings jijingping over to mar A Lago. Right. They have a little two day stummit in Florida, right where they talking about trading in North Korea and all that stuff, and Trump talking about we made tremendous progress, right, and a deepened understanding of trust and building. In mid May, the US Commerce Secretary William wilbur Ross unveils a ten part agreement between Beijing and Washington, explaining trades through stuff like like like beef and like poultry and all this good stuff. He was like, Yo, look we hit in a new high man. This thing't gonna be all good on trip because again, Trump like, look, I'm a business man. You feel me like we're gonna we're gonna be all right. Now, they didn't talk about aluminum in car parts and steal because remember China like, oh, nigga, I'm not that's fucking with the bag. I ain't gonna mess with our bag. Right, But remember you can't never trust Trump because after that happens, Trump announces sweeping tariffs on Chinese imports right worth at least fifteen billion dollars in response to what the White House alleges is Chinese theft of US technology and intellectually property. Now here's where, if I'm gonna keep it real, I respect Trump's moves right there, because Trump was like, nigga, you think I don't know you steal in trade secrets, so you gonna steal our tech, sell us the shit back at a premium on some shit that you only know how to do because we built it. Damn that nigga, So what tariff is essentially a tacks like I'm gonna charge you this much to be able to sell to us. You want to sell over here, nigga, you gotta pay up fifty billion. I want fifty billion dollars on top of whatever you go if you want to sell here, a nigga, I need fifty billion up front.
Speaker 1: I need my money. Gj in ping, Like what I thought we was cool? I thought everything was okay. I thought, finally, baby, we was gonna make some money.
Speaker 2: Trump like, I don't give a fuck about your money cuz you don't think I know what you're.
Speaker 1: Doing, homeboy, And I'll be honest with you. I fussed with that. I think Trump's moving.
Speaker 2: That moment was kind of all right, cause it's like, nigga, you gonna play me, I'm gonna play you. Then you know, uh Mike Pence old, uh, you know mayonnaise is too spicy?
Speaker 1: Head ass jumps up and.
Speaker 2: He delivers his speech, trying to be very clear, like let me let y'all understand how we feel about China. We using this tariffs to stop this economic aggression. Like nigga, y'all feeling too froggy, I don't like how y'all moving, y'all building this yap, y'all building this military, y'all doing all this shit, which like, if we're gonna be mask off the same stuff we do, that's all. They doing the same thing we do, you know what I'm saying. But they're like, man, I'm super cool. I don't like all this shit that you're doing, right, and we don't like how you're treating people right now, Chinese Ministry of Foreign Relations says, basically, what the fuck? Man? Like you just this is you making these groundless at you? Just why are you talking like this? Why your chestall puff? You ain't gotta be like this again? From day one, I just don't like how y'all move. You ain't gotta you don't have to be like this. Well, but that's how we be. And in December twenty eighteen, we ask Canada to arrest this guy Ming Wanzhau, the chief financial officer of Chinese tele Electronics Company, and he's arrested in Canada because we asked him to. Right, we believe this these fools violated those trade sanctions against Iran and committed fraud and requests her extradition. Right, again, please forgive my American tongue in pronouncing y'all's names. So China, what seems like what China does is they retaliate. So they detained two Canadian citizens, who officials accused of undermining Chinese security, saying, Nigga, y'all arrested. Maing is just this is just a serious political incident.
Speaker 1: You need to let her go.
Speaker 2: What the fuck like and why is you ask in Canada to do some like again China, Like, I just I just don't like y'all. Like I be trying to like you, I just don't like you. The US is like nigga, we trying to be cool. I'm trying my best to be cool, but I just I just don't like y'all. Eventually, in March twenty nineteen, that that that that company that that got.
Speaker 1: Arrested, they suit the United States.
Speaker 2: They was like, y'all are horrible, and remember like we still trying our best to maintain technological supremity over China. So the administration launches like this super aggressive campaign warning that any countries whoever use day five G, that that Chinese five G network, I'm gonna consider you a spot.
Speaker 1: Then the Trade wars, get get get horrible.
Speaker 2: Now that's the stuff that we just lived through that twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, I got to go through over that. Right, US called China a currency manipulator. Now that's mainly symbolic. They basically saying, man, you just moving the you you move in the bar man like you like money is supposed to be worth a certain amount, and what what the moves y'all doing are? And this shit is not fair. Will like what you're doing, but it don't really do anything. And then right after that, Trump announces even higher tariffs. He talked about on three hundred million, three hundred billion dollars worth of goods. Right, this means that everything in the United States imports from China is now facing taxes, and Beijing is like, nigga, you fucking up your own bag, You messing up your own people. Everybody's goods are made in China, all the factories are here. So you saying this, you saying you punishing them, dumb ass, You punishing your own people. Which is while I say in the beginning, I like Trump's energy, but he ended up punishing the rest of us. Because you know what that meant all of our prices went up. That meant that everything costs too much. You an't remember that then, because we just don't like them. Mother. Trump signs an act supporting the Hong Kong protesters. You remember, remember Hong Kong went crazy and they was demonstrated to get China. Remember they were crazy.
Speaker 1: Trump was like, oh, yeah, no, man, I'm with it. I'm with y'all's freedom.
Speaker 2: Trump ain't with they freedom, but he understood that that like that throws salt in the game on China, right, But again, China is like, nigga, this is just like nineteen forty eight, y'all always choosing somebody else, like I don't you say you are friend? Like this shit does not work. Then January twenty twenty, phase one of a trade deal. Right then it gets even worse when the tensions sore over COVID nineteen. Now the pandemic hits. You go all the way back to March. Remember during the pandemic that we ain't like how they was moving like I was doing it. Now China expels these American journalists in March of twenty twenty. They kick our journalists out in the middle of a pandemic. Were like Listen, nigga, this is god.
Speaker 1: I hate this shit.
Speaker 2: Right in July fourth to twenty twenty, Trump ends Hong Kong's special status. Right two weeks after Beijing passes a new national security law for Hong Kong, President Trump signs in executive order ending the city's preferential trade status with the United States. Then, just to be petty, just cause the coronavirus to China virus. It sparks the whole age of that thing out this book, fam, we just He also signs legislation to sanction officials and businesses that undermine Hong Kong's freedom and autonomy. Chinese officials threatened to impose retaliatory sanctions on the US individuals and entities. China is like, if you don't stay the fuck out of our business, why are you always here?
Speaker 1: And America is like, nigga, because you.
Speaker 2: Because you're everywhere, Like you messing up our game too. Then in twenty twenty, China closes a consulate, makes it even worse twenty twenty. Also in twenty twenty, in July, right, Pompeo says, listen, I'm trying to talk to y'all.
Speaker 1: This shit is falling apart. Nigga, we just don't like each other.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. Now. Fast forward to twenty twenty one, US designates because again it China, they're a repressive government like you. I can't I don't know what else to say. They designate China's abuse of the Weiger people is as a genocide because it was right. The Wiger is like is this is a Muslim ethnic group, right, primarily from China's Xijang region, right, And the United States was the first to be like, nigga, you're committing you're committing a genocide against them. We can't just I don't care how good your products is, Nigga, that's a genocide.
Speaker 1: I can't just be cool with this.
Speaker 2: China again is like stay the fuck out of our business. Then you remember the Olympics in twenty twenty two, how we was there but kind of not there. We didn't send no diplomats because we was kind of being like, Okay, we're cool, but we not cool.
Speaker 1: All the way to now.
Speaker 2: Each February fourth, twenty twenty three, we shoot down a bullet. So excuse us for being a little extra over Anthony Blinkin going.
Speaker 1: To China. Damn that was long but.
Speaker 2: So important. Now I'm not sure to make of what the last report was. Do we still what's our stance on Taiwan? It's basically the same. Do we need to make money these people? Yes, we basically need to make money with these people. Are we ever gonna be cool with them? I have no idea, but I tell you what, We're gonna have to deal with them because they're not going nowhere, and we better figure out how to figure this shit out.
Speaker 1: If not were looking at another Cold War? What do I know? Po politics, y'all? You know, I don't know why I thought of this for but you know you could.
Speaker 2: Use promo code hood for fifteen percent off on terraform coolbrew dot com.
Speaker 1: Like I forgot I own that company and this is my pod. Y'all, go ahead and punch it.
Speaker 2: Promo cod hood if you in the cold brew gets you some cold brew, gonna get you some coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I can't believe, I ain't think of it. This still right now, y'oll y'all.
Speaker 2: This thing right here was recorded by ME Propaganda and East Lows, boil Heights, Los Angeles, California. This thing was mixed, edited, mastered, and scored by the one and only Matt Awsowski.
Speaker 1: Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for cool Zone Media. Man, thank you for everybody who continue to tap in with us. Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the homies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm and listen. I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics, We'll see you next week.