Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Ready for a break?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 5: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought Us, Patrick Walker, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, January twelfth, twenty twenty four, Season nineteen, Episode number one seven. Welcome to the latest edition All the Right. We are alive from the SWBC Mortgage studios at the start, and it is our job today to get you ready for Cowboys versus Packers Week one of the NFL Playoffs. We're gonna talk about some different aspects of that game, from keys to the game. In the second segment, we're going to get to a segment that Amber has for us, which I'm gonna start calling a G A F. Because Amber segment is always just about a mood. So we're just gonna call it exactly what I think it is. We're just gonna say.
Speaker 6: We shall not everybody knows.
Speaker 7: Everybody knows.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna start calling it a G A F. And who knows what we're gonna have today, but have.
Speaker 6: Perretty.
Speaker 2: If there's any person in this building, you could say A G A F. Yeah, we go, well it works all right, we'll do that in the second segment. In third segment, we got some right from you guys that we've gotten from Twitter. We'll also get to some picks. We're gonna pick all the games in the NFL playoffs this weekend, so y'all get ready for that before we uh, actually, let's go ahead and jump right in and jump right into Cowboys versus Package. Oh, I know what I was gonna do real quick before we get started on that. Happy birthday to our producer, trust mister Chris Beam.
Speaker 6: You do you like? What are you like?
Speaker 2: Forty seven? Now forty nine, fifty two thanks, forty six forty six? All right, you're getting up there, getting up there. I see the grays coming in. You're getting up there.
Speaker 7: On fire today? Just what just attacking people?
Speaker 2: That's the text line. Kill he was.
Speaker 6: He was able to find the right sweetening for his coffee.
Speaker 2: This but I got I got no problem with gray hair, because gray hair means you earned every week. Yes, I love gray. There's all my story and each one exactly.
Speaker 3: You earn those.
Speaker 2: There's a story, all right, let's jump in.
Speaker 8: And the lack of hair.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? Oh, I don't know. It's also a story that means you've been working at the Cowboys for a long means that's Brian, it'll.
Speaker 3: Do it five and eleven seasons. It'll do it three and we'll do it.
Speaker 9: By the way, Patrick is living up to the motto if it's free, I'll take three if I.
Speaker 10: Have to pay one way, So yeah, seize everything, especially if it's free.
Speaker 3: If it seize the free teacher, I can get it right.
Speaker 2: Well, they did hand these out to employees, and uh, I think they're going to be available for the general public to sure. I'm guessing at working here, they're already fans who tweeting some pictures about it, so they've already got there as ready.
Speaker 10: And then the Cowboys I confront with pr They will have the seas everything white towels on each one of the seats at a tree stadium. So Cowboys are going or hoping for the white out as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Any Yeah, so for the white out, if you're going to the game, make sure you where you're white because there will probably be some Packers fans.
Speaker 6: As we can get, so make sure it looks right.
Speaker 2: That it has to look right. So make sure you where you're white if you're coming to the game this weekend. All right, Green Bay versus Dallas. Let's start first, the most important key for the Dallas offense. Let's go around the table. Let's start with you, Brian.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's going to come down to with Dallas disability to be able to handle the edge rush from the Packers. I think the one thing the Packers do well on defense is their ability to sack you and put pressure on you, and it comes from a couple of different guys. But you know, you can't allow Gary to dictate how this game goes for the Cowboys have to be able to block the twist fronts when they move, and you have to be able to handle him off the edge. They can make plays and against the secondary if they could just handle that front, and at home they generally do a pretty.
Speaker 3: Good job of that.
Speaker 9: It's going to be about it's gonna be about your right tackle in this one. It's gonna be about your center in this one as well. I think everybody else is kind of can handle the things one on one, but those other two need to make sure that this game's taken care of in that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 11: I think as long as the line does enough for Dak and he's not constantly feeling under pressure or getting sacked, then it.
Speaker 7: Should be okay.
Speaker 11: Even if this is a game where Green Bay's defense tries to target Ceedee Lamb and take him out of the game, Dallas does have a bunch of different other weapons that I think are reliable and that Dak and fine and target and connect with. So the key in this game to me is your doc.
Speaker 10: I think that Dak Prescott obviously big key to the game in the passing attack and being able to expose a poor Packer secondary, But I think the biggest key for me is you got to contain Aaron Jones between the twenties. You got to make sure that he's not one of the reasons or the key reason that the Packers are able to move the ball and move the chains ahead of getting into the red zone, which is where they typically struggle.
Speaker 6: But if you can bottle up Aaron Jones and.
Speaker 10: Keep him from averaging five to five and a half yards per carry, contain him on those screens rout side of the backfield.
Speaker 6: Things like that.
Speaker 10: It's gonna make for a very very long day for Jordan Love And I think if that happens, then Michael Parsons, the Marcus Lawrence and those guys they can have a day.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Since you jumped ahead on me and told me youalls defende, I'm gonna now ask you give me the key for the Dallas.
Speaker 6: See this is what happens with him waving to the kid.
Speaker 2: Right, you're right into the beyond. The people love the kids.
Speaker 6: Okay, so now you want the key stopping.
Speaker 2: All stops Cowboys off we started? Yeah, Cowboys up.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, hold on, bring me back.
Speaker 2: You just did Cowboys defense. Yes, Now give me Cowboys offense and we'll go and get their calvioys.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, I got a right, So Cowboys offense get his key on the Cowboys offense is going to be Dak Prescott. I mean, I'm with Ambro on that one. I think that we talked about it yesterday. I think this is a game where Tony Paul and Rico DWD could have a solid, if not a big day against the Packers run defense. But I don't think you try to go into this game using the run to set up the pass. I think when you look at the coverage struggles for the Packers, you have to use the pass to set up the run. Stretch the field, open up that scoreboard, get up on you know, seven, ten to fourteen point lead. Then you know that is a quasi form of playing defense as well. That applies pressure of Jordan Love. So let Dak Prescott Cook, Let Ceedee Lamb Cook, get Ceedee Lamb involved early in this game. Don't let us question why he's not involved in the middle of the second quarter at halftime. You got to use your best weapon to try to take these guys out right.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, other side, take take a ability now on the other On the flip side to me, I think this is a great matchup everywhere for the Cowboys defense against the Packers offense.
Speaker 11: I think they match up really well on every level. But the key for this game would be playing clean football. Don't come out there and start making drawing flags and making penalties. Sam get your act together on special teams and everything. So to me, play clean football, and then I think they should be more than well dominated in this game.
Speaker 3: Make this quarterback have to throw the ball forty times.
Speaker 6: Oh that's tasty, and you.
Speaker 9: Know, because that means you've probably you probably eliminated.
Speaker 3: What they can do. Your offense has probably put up some points.
Speaker 9: I think if you find a way to speed this quarterback up, he gets a little bit anxious and sometimes he's not as securities he needs to be. The last several weeks that he's been a very an outstanding quarterback. But I my thing is, try and make this guy throw the ball forty times, because I think if you make him throw more than forty times, he'll be it won't be comfortable for him to.
Speaker 3: Have to deal this way.
Speaker 9: So that will that the play caller, you know, kind of keep him off balanced a little bit. But make this quarterback have to make those throws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And interestingly, the Cowboys have been pretty good against the run since the Buffalo game. If they can do the same thing this weekend, it does put a lot of pressure on their passing game. And by the way, it got some capable receive absolutely young, but they got some capable receivers. So just saying put it in his hands, I think that's still gonna be Calvioys is still going to have to be really good in the secondary and get pressure in order to to off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The strength of the Stallas defenses we all know all years pressure, you know, and usually if you can get Dallas, it gets into a game where it turns into pressure.
Speaker 3: They're going to have some success.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Christian Watson had what three touchdowns when the Cowboys played.
Speaker 6: He was Randy Moss with m Rodgers.
Speaker 2: They're young.
Speaker 3: He was terrible until that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, and all of a sudden just showed up.
Speaker 3: And from that point on he started making plays. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So keeping on the injury report for Green Bay today, By the.
Speaker 10: Way, Alexander he was downgraded yesterday to the d MP from limited uh right ankle, Lafloor said. On Wednesday, I went back and looked to try to find the reason why what happened there. The coach called it a quote unquote freak accident or freak injury. Basically, it was a jog through on Wednesday and Alexander rode his ankle on somebody's foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I believe that given the magnitude of the game, that he'll play. But it's hard enough to defend ceede Lamb on two good ankles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say, if you're playing and you got a bad ankle, yeah, that ain't good yea.
Speaker 10: And bad enough where he's missing practice a couple of days before, so, like Bren said, something to definitely keep an eye on there. As far as Cowboys injury report, they're trending in the right direction. Gilmore returned in a limited capacity yesterday and everybody else's on schedule.
Speaker 6: Zach. I spoke with him yesterday, Zach Martin.
Speaker 10: He said the first thirty six hours of that illness was pretty much a buck kicker, which we knew it would be, and I can attest it. But he said he's feeling a lot better. He's ready to go. Tyler Smith, he's ready to go. So the Cowboys are training in the right direction. But when you talk about aj Dillon and you talk about Alexander Packers are not training in the right direction, all right.
Speaker 2: Zach Fowler sent us a question. I thought this was interesting as a precursor to the game. He says, who's one role player on offense that we're not talking about who could make a big impact this weekend. Brian, let's start with you.
Speaker 3: It is now, do you consider where do you consider Cooks.
Speaker 2: He would be in that category.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: I think this is because if it turns into say Alexander does find his health and is able, he's going to travel with Lamb. He's going to go with him in the slot. He's going to go with him on left and right. This could be a game where it be But he he did a great job against Alexander last year in this football game, and he's been great all year. But a guy that could could make a bunch of big plays in this game is I think if you match Cooks up with some with the safeties and that you force them to have to play with their safeties and coverage, or you have to play with their dime or their other corner as well.
Speaker 3: This could be a.
Speaker 9: Problem for them to have to deal with Cooks. He's a vertical player, as we've seen, he's a red zone player as we've seen. He's good underneath. This could be a This could be a troublesome game for the Packers having to deal with him.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, he's definitely a weapon and one that tends to more often they're not get open and be open and find his way into the end zone.
Speaker 7: But I would.
Speaker 11: Say I would like to see some of Turpin back on offense. I think that should be a very very explosive weapon that if they use him. I mean, we've seen it this season and then kind of disappear. They haven't used him a whole lot, but I think bringing him back into the mix could be something that just kind of helps them out, kind of at another spark into the office.
Speaker 9: I remember a victory at lambeau Field with Lucky Whitehead Ye Place, and it was right before half. Dallas was facing a third down and they handed him a jet sweep. They get the first and now all of a sudden, Dac and them are on the march and they throw the corner route to our guy, the golfer. Who's the golfer now it lives in Arizona. He got the twelve man on the front, Bryce Butler.
Speaker 3: I couldn't remember.
Speaker 9: I knew he was a golfer. I know he got twelve man and he was yeah Butler. He throws a touchdown the Butler in the end zone. Really nice play, by the way, So yeah, you know you're to your point. Somebody like that has shown before, maybe limited snaps, but all of a sudden, huge play in the game to kind of get the game to go in the right direction for you.
Speaker 10: I'm going to stick with and I think Cook's definitely it goes without saying Turpin. I love that one certainly because, like you said, it's kind of disappeared, which I feel like now that you mentioned it could be a setup for reappearing when it matters most, which would be in the playoffs. I'm going to stick with my X factor in Jake Ferguson, though, I think Jake Ferguson, I think he's due. I mean he's kind of ramped up, not a great pass or two games out of the last three, kind of ramped up nicely. Six reception sixty nine yards against the Commanders. I think that when you look at his skill set, what he can do to opposing defenses as compared to what the Packers struggled at as far as covering in the middle of the field linebackers who don't like the cover they prefer to blitz. I think this is a game where Jake Ferguson can possibly tap on that one hundred yard mark, maybe you know, at a touchdown to that because he's also a red zone threat. In addition, so I think when you add Yak to it as well, I think Jake Ferguson can have a really big day and that would really open things up for Ceedee Lamb and Brandon Cooks especially.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you could carry this thing a little bit further on those tight ends. And if they're going to get in twelve personnel because they can't, they want to scheme, well, not scheme, but maybe Hindershot oh yeah, yeah, maybe you know, Hendershot hadn't shown, you know, I mean he's starting to kind of work his way back into if Dallas is saying, listen, your linebackers are not good enough, your safeties aren't good enough to cover, We're going to scheme you in twelve personnel to put.
Speaker 3: You make you have to cover these guys. So those kind of matchups like that's the deep, deep, deep kind of guy that might have a have a good game.
Speaker 2: Hindershot is that guy that I would think two or that could make. And it's not it's not that it's the number. It is just their big plays, big plays in moments when you really need a play.
Speaker 6: One or two. Yeah, time, one or two time.
Speaker 2: And that's the playoffs too, Like in the playoffs, you need all hands on deck. It will be the guys that come in and make plays that people aren't really expecting to make.
Speaker 6: Those monew That song's gonna get stuck in my head. Bro, you need a hero. Yeah, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: Way back, that's up the defensive side. Give me one X factor player that we're not talking about who could make a big impact on this game.
Speaker 10: M give me Dumon Clark. I'll take the Moon Clark, especially after seeing the game he had against the Commanders. If he gives you another game like that against Green Bay and then you defeat Green Bay and then going forward, then that that would just be fantastic because what we saw against the Commanders is the version of the Moon Clark we've been waiting to see. As far as taking the year two leap in this Cowboys defense, so as far as him being able to help stop the running I talked talked a moment ago about I feel like one of the biggest keys is stopping Aaron Jones between the twenties. I think Marquise Bell will show up will and I think that Donald he's hitting his prime. Jordan is hitting his prime. But give me Dumont Clark as that that guy that is flying under the radar that might actually be a real big impact guy in this this game was Unday, I.
Speaker 7: Think I would go with someone like Curse Jaron Curse.
Speaker 11: He's he has and it's all out of me feeling a vibe.
Speaker 7: Okay, going back to my vibal the actor has.
Speaker 11: He just has this demeanor and every time after even when they win games, he's just so locked in and focused and you see him sometimes just angry or upset, like he's not content with the results that are they've gunn so far. So I think this is a game leading up to this week that he's locked in and he's gonna make a few big plays for the Cowboy Sefens.
Speaker 3: Dante Feller is going to play twelve plays and have a sack.
Speaker 2: That's your guy, that's my guy.
Speaker 9: This this is the type of game that Dante Fowler will shine in. He's gonna get in there, He's going to find a way to win with his quickness, his ability to use his pass rush moves. He's not gonna play a lot of plays, but he's going to find a way to get a sack when they need one. So Dante Feller is going to be my guy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, We'll get a little bit of a G a F. We'll do that for a segment.
Speaker 6: I don't like you.
Speaker 7: It's sticking with it.
Speaker 2: I thought about it last night, and by the time I woke up this one, I was like, it still feels right. That feels right to me.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna take a final. We're gonna take our first break. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys that on radio.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog and the cheat of Savannah.
Speaker 13: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At.
Speaker 8: And T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 15: Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 2: Let's roll back the tapes.
Speaker 10: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys.
Speaker 6: And now he's on his phone on.
Speaker 2: His Bank of America Mobile Banking App.
Speaker 15: Staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assist in Erica.
Speaker 10: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash Can't Stop Banking.
Speaker 2: Everica is only available in the English language.
Speaker 15: You mut download the latest version of the Mobile Banking app, only available on select mobile devices.
Speaker 2: Messaging dat atesy apply a number FDIC.
Speaker 4: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 8: Would you my friend.
Speaker 2: Supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 16: But what's the right get that says thanks for being a soldier to cry out?
Speaker 4: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 16: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 3: Back to the break, Yeah, this will be the last thing you hear from you today. You know.
Speaker 9: The turtled Cowboys Nation white out at at and T Stadium this weekend show up for for our boys to say take on the Green Bay Packers in the twenty twenty three NFL Wild Card Round in an all white game outfit.
Speaker 3: Head to the pro shot near you were. Log on to shop Dallascowboys dot com a fanatics experience to find your white out gear. They tried to trick me on this thing. They put like, uh, take on the X, take on.
Speaker 2: The X, and we didn't know when we wrote that who we playing.
Speaker 3: So we'll take on the packers. Got ALEX, I'm nice almost said X. They will take on X.
Speaker 2: Good good way to death, good way to depth. All right, We're in the second segment of Break Life from the s WBC Mortgage studios. At the start, this segment brought to you by blockchain dot Com and Blockchain is so excited to bring to you a g a f amber take on. What's decision?
Speaker 6: Where are you going?
Speaker 11: All right, We're gonna play the Alpha bank game, all right, this this convey we'll go down to drain.
Speaker 7: But we have a backup game, which is the meme game game.
Speaker 6: Just let it, just let it ride, all right.
Speaker 11: So we're gonna do it first the Alpha Beeg game. I'll give you a topic and then you start naming things from the first letter A, B, C and as we go around. So we're gonna do a practice round.
Speaker 6: Okay, boys, let's do it.
Speaker 7: We're gonna start off with fruits. Okay, so Derek, you start apple banana?
Speaker 3: Come quiet? What I think that's a fruit?
Speaker 6: Come quiet?
Speaker 2: But Cherry was right, there for you, right, come quick, I was.
Speaker 7: Thinking the most difficult things you ask.
Speaker 3: I think I stole it right, Maybe I didn't. I have I how to spell that?
Speaker 6: I mean, I have no idea.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's.
Speaker 6: No, a bad this game.
Speaker 7: Move on to the memes.
Speaker 3: I'm not third. I guess we're okay.
Speaker 2: We'll start this way, so I'll be the idiot. Okay, that's fine, and then.
Speaker 3: So Cherry Okay, when you run out of I hate Cherry. No, I don't.
Speaker 7: We're gonna keep going around.
Speaker 11: And then when you run out you can say, Okay, I'm out, but then I'll switch the topic.
Speaker 7: Then, okay, so we'll keep going.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're really leaning on you.
Speaker 2: We get to me, we might be out every time.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should sit out after all.
Speaker 11: Right, Cowboys play your name and it could be first name or last name, starting with a this.
Speaker 3: This one first, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Ryan, No, you're gonna run out of this one is easy.
Speaker 11: Starting with a Cowboys player whose name starts with a first.
Speaker 3: Strong, that's good. Okay, first or last name? Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were just talking about I'm going with Brandon Brandon. Yeah, c D. That's too. Does that count for to his name credits.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm not playing.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep going good.
Speaker 17: Yeah yeah, Pastor.
Speaker 10: President, Pastor Prison, go ahead, Eric Williams, Eric, Eric, Yeah yeah Eric, he was a tackle back and then.
Speaker 2: Also no, yeah, uh that was a good one. Uh see now.
Speaker 6: Pastor President.
Speaker 7: Frank seem right now with an f he mentioned him. I see he's prosing.
Speaker 9: I'm not good our fowler a first George.
Speaker 2: K yeah h oh god h see the problem is that big one.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 7: Chris. You want to top in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for Chris Hender shot okay, And I'll go with Israel.
Speaker 11: Okay, Okay, okay, Jay okay, Jimmy Johnson okay, Jerald Curse, Curse, Curse Curse.
Speaker 10: With LOOPO Michael and and the.
Speaker 6: This is hard it is and could you get to prison? Hold on?
Speaker 7: Hold on, I can't.
Speaker 3: I got one, and.
Speaker 6: Tipping Chris right there you go.
Speaker 3: You know he's got the roster of.
Speaker 7: B jeeve. I've seen it. I've seen it of you playing games.
Speaker 2: I got oh, Orlando Scandre.
Speaker 12: Oh there you go, auh Man.
Speaker 6: Oh No, I got one. I got one.
Speaker 2: Peyton Hindershot, Yes, ready for some trauma.
Speaker 3: Quincy, Quincy that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, our.
Speaker 6: Oh, I got one. I got one too, tapping sure Orlando?
Speaker 2: What Orlando player?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Rayfield? Right s s Sam Williams.
Speaker 6: T turping doesn't count.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 3: I don't think they have it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of past players.
Speaker 10: I can think, yeah, probably a guy that like in nineteen sixty two, didn't make the final roster, but it was on like the train to get I.
Speaker 2: Bet Nick is like right now fevers trying to text me that he's got I can't think of you. We're out. I had a year, all right?
Speaker 3: Is there one? Is there one? Beamer?
Speaker 2: Can you think of you?
Speaker 3: I can't think of one right now.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Nick will probably be hitting me here in second. I'm sure, like you idiots, you forgot this person, all right? And there he is. I love how No, he didn't even have any you, I don't think.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, football equipment, okay, anything related to football equipment. This could be a band aid. This could you know anything that involves football in the sports, Bryan, do you want to start.
Speaker 3: With ace bandage?
Speaker 2: You said equipment? Just equipment in general, stuff that they have to have a game. Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 6: I just said what I know, but he's I didn't want to do that because he said bandage. But okay, band aid.
Speaker 2: Band is fine, okay.
Speaker 12: Okay, all.
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: Which is worth our resignation? Which is worth cherry?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm out of here. I'm out of here.
Speaker 11: This is.
Speaker 3: Right. I've joined. Yes, now intelligence, real quick, real quick.
Speaker 2: Nick gave us a U as I thought he would, Dimitri's underwood.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go. Wa yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, see cups for the gatorade those cups?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, away the way.
Speaker 3: Dang can me tapping? Tap it a dummy?
Speaker 9: Oh dummy, yes, dummy that works on this Come on, Brian, dummy.
Speaker 17: Equipment.
Speaker 6: It counts, it counts.
Speaker 7: Is that a thing that you.
Speaker 10: Can It's Everything's all, It's all everything. It's all the things I've learned from the best football.
Speaker 6: It's still good. Count loopholes.
Speaker 3: She's like goal.
Speaker 9: Post okay, yes, h I mean you look at me like, which is true?
Speaker 7: No, you got that one?
Speaker 3: I got one. I got one. I got one.
Speaker 6: Go for bro handwarmers, winter for a helmet.
Speaker 2: And then I'll know the opposite ice. They need ice, lots of ice. Yeh.
Speaker 7: Wait did just skip it. No, jock, there you go, okay, could.
Speaker 6: Go, no way, let me focused. I got one. No, no, you didn't try to wear my k okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Off the tracks.
Speaker 6: What you gotta be?
Speaker 3: I was like kicking kicking tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see.
Speaker 6: I would have just said t okay l l.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm.
Speaker 10: Packers on Sunday, packers, come on, come on, Texas.
Speaker 2: It's not equipment. I can't get it.
Speaker 3: No, I can't laces for the shoulder pads.
Speaker 2: They still have laces on their path.
Speaker 3: The shoes, the shoes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the shoes for sure.
Speaker 3: Go for it, mouthpiece and.
Speaker 6: God, I'm not doing great at this one.
Speaker 7: This is embarrassing for a writer. Honestly, thank you writer.
Speaker 6: I appreciate eatly, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hey, your new helman did everything for me.
Speaker 10: It's anxiety, and I know you can relate to that, right anxiety if you need it.
Speaker 2: Go for a beamer.
Speaker 3: Shoulder pads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 7: Hm hm oh come on, you got to bring something.
Speaker 10: No, you've shattered my self esteem. I'm just joking, so she so hasn't. I'll do okay, oh oxygen.
Speaker 3: Oh good call.
Speaker 2: That's actually a good one, really good enough.
Speaker 6: I see.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll say pads, pads, pads, knee pads, q Q quarterback.
Speaker 9: No quarterback communication, it's the quarterback in the helmet.
Speaker 11: I don't think that's what that's called it. The actual equipment is called that.
Speaker 3: I think it's called the quarterback communication. Yeah, yes, I got a ding.
Speaker 12: Did you hear the Okay?
Speaker 3: The official referee referee of cheat?
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 7: Here? Okay?
Speaker 10: Are are referees? Is an equipment?
Speaker 8: Is you guys?
Speaker 6: Referee? Is he's not equipment?
Speaker 7: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Referees whistle?
Speaker 3: Uh that's good. That's a good that's good.
Speaker 10: But no, let's see are I'm going through pre game and everything in my head practice are resistance band?
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Rule book, rule book like that.
Speaker 2: I actually have two. We can do shoes or we can do seats either one.
Speaker 6: No, you're just showing off.
Speaker 2: When I got something I gotta I always have them.
Speaker 3: It's time up yet on the show towels?
Speaker 10: Yes, you you because you can give me the hard ones.
Speaker 2: That's what I usually have you. But we gip that other one, so now you gotta do it.
Speaker 3: I know underwear, underwear, that's what I was gonna say, underwear.
Speaker 6: I call that a strap though, but okay.
Speaker 3: Pikes, I mean that could be another underwear, underwear. I mean it's different.
Speaker 11: Yeah, look, you didn't have one, so just take it.
Speaker 6: I don't want it like that.
Speaker 7: With the handle.
Speaker 6: I want it like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, this was gonna come kind of out of let feel. But I know for one specific player, past player, it was a part of the equipment of making sure he had this every game. Vasiline Michael Irvin. He's talk about how he needed it on slips after the game. So vasiline, vaciline.
Speaker 17: Water.
Speaker 6: Sure like it?
Speaker 2: Okay, x X ray machine?
Speaker 7: Yes, why.
Speaker 2: Yellow gatory? Where's my ding where's my where's my dingy?
Speaker 6: Yellowish green?
Speaker 2: Well in this this yellow.
Speaker 7: You guys are think ze.
Speaker 3: Zipper on the jacket.
Speaker 2: I thought you gotta say zebras. But yeah, sure that works there.
Speaker 7: It is all right. We got all the way through, we did that cheating and everything.
Speaker 9: But today then you envisioned this game. Was it just how it went?
Speaker 7: No, he thought it was. I think it was all right.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be entertaining at least.
Speaker 7: I mean I had a few good laughs.
Speaker 2: Anything that shows how dumb works for works for the listening audience because they get to say, y'all, I don't it was funny. We're gonna take our final break. We will come back. It's time to get into some picks. We'll talk about a little bit about these these games are coming up. I'll have a question for these guys about the players. If the Cowboys get past this round, who they most or would not want to see in the second round. We'll do that and we'll make our picks in the final segment of the break. In just a moment, we'll be back.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah.
Speaker 13: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G Fast, reliable and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast, reliable, secure. It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five g for you for details.
Speaker 2: Don't put off getting your oil change. Dallas.
Speaker 18: Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. There's no appointment needed and no waiting room.
Speaker 3: Yep, you hurt that correctly.
Speaker 18: Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember, at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free the shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 16: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial moweres, compact construction equipment, gator utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 3: Back to the Break, Hey, we got the right team here.
Speaker 9: Your Dallas Cowboys return home to take on the Green Bay Packers and the Wildcard round of the twenty twenty three Playoffs.
Speaker 3: Get ready to white.
Speaker 9: Out at and T Stadium on Sunday, January fourteenth, the three point thirty pm on Fox. It's time to Seize Everything. For playoff updates, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Playoffs Welcome back.
Speaker 2: It is the final segment of the Break Life from the SWBC Mortgage Studios at the Star. Let's talk a little bit about the games coming up this weekend. I want to start first with if the Cowboys you happen to get past this game against the Green Bay Packers, I want you to put in order. There are three teams they could possibly play in the second round. I want you to put an order from the one you think is a best matchup for the Cowboys all the way to the one you think is the worst matchup. You're talking about Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, and Detroit. Let's put them in order.
Speaker 6: Let's start with you, Patrick, Tampa Bay, Philidelpia.
Speaker 3: That's the worst right you can put them in.
Speaker 2: You put them in order, the one you want to play the best matchup versus worst matchup. Yeah, the three of them, Tampa Bay, Philly, Detroit. Those are three you could possibly play in second round.
Speaker 6: Best matchup Tampa Bay and Philly Detroit. I'm gonna go with Philly as the best matchup. And I say that.
Speaker 10: Because I think Philly cooked and their secondary is just ridiculously horrible. Cowboys offense is very very good. And of course second round, if the Cowboys advance gets where, that's played here at at and T Stadium, where the Cowboys offense is explosive.
Speaker 6: So I don't think the.
Speaker 10: Philadelphia Eagles secondary has anything for Dak Prescott cited Lamb and those guys. So that's the best matchup. From there, I'm gonna go with. I want to go with Tampa as the second. I think Baker Mayfield is capable. I know Mike Evans is capable, but I don't think that Tampa would give the Cowboys as much of a challenge as the Detroit as a rematch with the Detroit Lions would. I think the Detroit Lions they would be out for revenge. Obviously good news, they still have to come back to AT and T Stadium to get that revenge. But offensively, I think they could put up more points than those other two teams against the Cowboys. So yeah, so best matchup for the Cowboys would be the Eagles and then Tampa Bay. Most challenging one for me would be Detroit.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I agree.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty good for writer. Yeah yeah, OK.
Speaker 7: No, for this way, I.
Speaker 11: Have the same exact opinion. I think number one, and that's if the Eagles get through if but I think, yeah, the Cowboys tend to match up really well against the Eagles.
Speaker 7: I mean it's.
Speaker 11: Always even when they lose It's always a very competitive game, and they can compete against that team, and I think they've they're going downhill on their team and just everything since the last time the Cowboys even face them. So I would agree Philly then Tampa, mainly because Detroit. I still think they are a challenge. They still have a lot of very powerful weapons, and I think after the end of that game here at at in D Stadium, a rematch, they would come out with everything that they possibly can to kind of get that revenge in that game.
Speaker 3: Tampa, Philly, Detroit.
Speaker 2: For me, I think exactly like you. I mean, factor matters. You can say whatever you want about Philly. Is still a division game. Yeah, Tampa, let's not very lead here. They're coming out of NFC South. That was a horrible division. I'll take anybody out of NFC South before anybody else, So I'll take them first, then Philadelphia, then Detroit. All right, Next question half for you guys, is I want you to define for me what success would look like for the Cowboys for this season. They are four options. One they've already achieved success because they've been twelve and five for three consecutive seasons. Two, going to a Championship Game, three going to the Super Bowl, or four winning a super Bowl, and obviously winning Super Bowl is the ultimate success. But what point do you feel like, Hey, they've accomplished enough in my mind for what I expected from this team. For this to be a successful.
Speaker 10: Season for me, it has to be excuse me, winning the Super Bowl. And I say that also in the context of you have no clue what your defensive coaching staff looks like next year. You have no clue as far as attrition goes, what players you can get back in free agency during Somstrong some of these other guys who will come in back, well, coming up for a contract negotiations. You have no clue. Your window is right now. It's not now plus next year, it's right now. So I understand there could be an argument for a semblance of success if they make it to the NFC Championship Game, if they get past that game and make it at least to the Super Bowl, even if they don't win the Super Bowl, that I can't view it like that, like it has to be right now, because you may not get another team like this that's coached this will in all three phases with as much talent on the roster in all three phases.
Speaker 6: It's got to be right now.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: I like what you're saying there, I really really do, because I feel like that there's you probably got the best quarterback in the NFC playing for you right now, and you got to take advantage of that. And I kind of thought getting past San Francisco and getting to the super Bowl would be a really good thing because I think playing, say, the Ravens is going to be difficult for anybody to have to deal with. But if you got to go now, Patrick's absolutely right this this team.
Speaker 3: Is not going to be the same. We don't know about all the contracts that they have to deal with. The coaching.
Speaker 9: You know, the coaching thing could be way way up in the air too. You know, there's just you gotta you gotta make hay while you can right now. You've got you've got the best players in position to get this done. You just got to find a way to go do it. That's that would be the success for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Same, And that's not to say enough to give credit for everything like Mike McCarthy has done. I think he's done an excellent job since he got here, and it has been a successful year given everything that they've done this year and all the changes that they've done in recent like even.
Speaker 7: Since last year.
Speaker 11: But it has to be it has to be the super Bowl because again, the Cowboys have gone.
Speaker 7: To playoffs, to the playoffs.
Speaker 11: A bunch of times before, never to the championship. But but even then that wouldn't be enough just because everything that Patrick just said and Brian like, there's no guarantee whatsoever, Well, it just isn't. Every year the team looks completely different than the year before, So that's just gonna be hard, very hard to kind of replicate what what's currently what they currently have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear what you're saying. At the end of the day. For me, though, if they get to a championship game, I feel like this is a successful season because guess what, they ain't been there. As you said, you mentioned you said it kind of like they've never been there. I know what you were trying to say, but there are literally people that are listening to our show right now that were not alive the last time the Cowboys were at a championship game, in a championship gap, So I think getting to that next level just marks that off the thing the list. I heard somebody saying the other day. It was a coach that's been in Super Bowl and said, you know, the great thing about winning a Super Bowl is it's the relief people can't say anymore. It was on Dall's there, you had it, it's baseball, you had the John Blake and he was like, immediately after we won the championship, it was relief. They can no longer say you're one of the teams that hasn't won it, right, And so I think part of this is Cowboys need to mark off some of those things, like you can't say they didn't get to the champions they can't get to the champ Ship game. You can't say they can't get to the Super Bowl. So, yes, it'd be great for them to get to a Super Bowl, be great for them to win another Super Bowl. But right now, just getting to the championship game for me is a success. I've never been to one since I've worked for the Cowboys, and so I think that for me would be a success. All Right, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna go through these games. I want to pick all the games they got coming up this weekend playoff games, we got a total of six. Let's run through them. Cleveland at Houston, who.
Speaker 3: Wins Houston Browns.
Speaker 7: I go with Cleveland.
Speaker 2: I go with Houston as well. So we got two and two on that one.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Miami at Kansas City is supposed to be pretty cold weather. They're I think it's in the negative negative negative thirty.
Speaker 6: Negative thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, might be the coldest game in NFL history.
Speaker 2: Jeeves, and look, and Miami has to go there. If you've never been to Miami, it is the most humid place on the face of the planet year round, and they're going to play a negative thirty degree.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Miami. Miami lost their opportunity by losing the Buffalo last week. Give me Chiefs.
Speaker 7: How is that even.
Speaker 3: It's it's can.
Speaker 11: Go somewhere else, neutral field, neutral.
Speaker 3: Will be.
Speaker 7: I don't be them.
Speaker 6: Just have to take that much.
Speaker 7: I don't know how cold those boogers are gonna get. Frozens.
Speaker 6: Miami fans ain't traveling for that game.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just gonna go pick Kansas Kansas City.
Speaker 2: I say Kansas City as well, all right. Pittsburgh at Buffalo, And by the way, this one has winter weather. Christ just sent me a picture, can't It's like the snow everywhere. That's gonna be a snow game. So what do you think. Pittsburgh versus Buffalo, Both those teams are are from those types of environments.
Speaker 3: So give me Buffalo there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's gonna be a close one.
Speaker 3: Quarterback is going to be the difference to that point.
Speaker 2: Buffalo. Yeah, same, Yeah, me too, Buffalo.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: If we go to the NFC Rams versus Detroit at Detroit.
Speaker 6: Rams, m hmm.
Speaker 10: Because Porter is also dealing with it, he hasn't practicedly stint so Rams as we talk about them, they're showing ye. I think Matthew Stafford cooks. It's a home game for Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 11: I actually I think it will be a close one, but I think the Rams pull off the win.
Speaker 2: Give me the Rams, me Rams too. I think all of us on the board there, Philadelphia at Tampa Bay, I.
Speaker 10: Think Philly's cooked man Tampa. I think Mike Evans and Baker Mayfield just towards their secondary.
Speaker 7: Tampa.
Speaker 11: Every time I said, oh, they'll get away now, they end up losing again. In reference to Philly.
Speaker 3: I'm talking Philly will run the ball in this game, Philly will win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I think Philly's gonna win his game. I think they'll get it right at least for a week, and then we'll see what.
Speaker 3: Has smashed him pretty good in week three. I know it's a totally different team now from what you're talking about, Patrick, but yeah, Philly will go back to that game.
Speaker 2: Playing NFC South is still the NFC South. All right, Let's get to the game of the week, Cowboys Packers at Dallas. Who do you think is gonna win this game? Give me a score, Garcia, what are we even thinking?
Speaker 11: Like, do you know the answer? It's obvious. I mean, if we don't pick it obvious, I'm saying there's no way. Even if you thought they were gonna lose, you wouldn't pick the Packers, would you?
Speaker 10: If I thought they were gonna lose, yeah I would. But I don't think they're gonna lose. Would you like for me to go ahead and get money?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 6: All right, Cowboys?
Speaker 10: If the Cowboys execute as they can, and if they eliminate self inflicted wounds, this is a game where the Packers are capable, solid team, but they're not equals to the Cowboys. I think the Cowboys can walk away in this one forty two seventeen.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirty four to twenty four.
Speaker 11: Dallas thirty five fourteen Cowboys. I think, like I've said before, this is a great matchup, and I think, uh, the Cowboys just have everything that they need currently to be the one that comes out with the windows.
Speaker 6: So they gotta do is be focused and play clean.
Speaker 2: What I know about this team is when they've played teams like this at home this season, they've vote raced them. I don't think this is gonna be very different. I think Cowboys win thirty seven to twenty. I do think it'll be a close game at halftime, but I think as the Cowboys tend to do, I think by the second half, late in the second half, I think they go in the fourth quarter, day through two or three touchdowns and they pull away thirty seven to twenty. All Right, we'll be back on Monday. I'm sorry, no, we will be back on Tuesday for a wrap up of this game. On Monday, we're gonna have some special shows that will do. We do a couple of special shows, but tay, stay tuned to the website. Will give you a schedule to let you know what all is gonna happen, But until then for Patrick Walker, Brian brought us Ambergard sing Iam Derek Eagleton. This has been the Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 9: Yeah.