Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Jetty, and Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: There's so much insanity, and not just in politics. Chipotle announced this week they're planning to open a restaurant in Mexico. Don't they already have diarrhea in Mexico? Why are they doing that? This, to me is just breaks a sacred rule when it comes to food. You don't try to sell people their own stuff. There are no olive gardens in Italy, there's no Panda Express in China, there are no outback steakhouses in the outback, there's no red lobster in the ocean. And therefore you can't open a Chipotle in Mexico.
Speaker 3: The idea of Chipotle Mexico is really interesting. I'll bet it's in a tourist town where really lame tourists are going to Mexico on vacation and ed a Chipotle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is really sad. I'd say, please, don't do like the folks who go to a foreign land and eat at the McDonald's.
Speaker 1: You know, teach your own. But I imagine that there's some interesting aspects to that.
Speaker 3: I've done it, just they have different stuff, right, you know, Royale with cheese.
Speaker 4: Right, that's a good point. So a number of headlines worth at least touching on. We've got some big topics to get to, including Jack's review of the now famous.
Speaker 1: Book Pride Puppy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she is at the center of the Maryland School opting out of perverse indoctrination case.
Speaker 1: And some marriage therapists did a survey of like.
Speaker 3: Many, many, many, many, but many couples who didn't make it and what things most cause uh, marriage just to fall apart completely. And it's actually good. Most of this stuff is stupid and useless. This is pretty good. Actually, fan in with something Joe has said many times.
Speaker 4: Okay, and one final thing, why is Trump going after the accreditation agencies that accredit colleges in your universities as part of the war against DEI? We will explain it's actually a really good strategy, which we've been talking about for a while here on the Armstrong and Getty Show. A couple of news headlines worth touching on. A new poll is out.
Speaker 1: It's the CAP's Harris.
Speaker 4: Pole and folks are really really not liking the tariff thing. Though, the public is largely behind Trump, with about forty percent of voters saying the country is on the right track, which is an increase of eleven points since January. Trump's personal job approval has so far peaked at fifty two percent in February is still at forty eight percent, a healthy figure in a polarized country. This does differ from the Gallup poll, which came out fairly recently, but it's in the same range.
Speaker 3: That's that's wild. I mean that he is. He's hanging in there with pretty high approval ratings. In the modern sense. There aren't going to be any presidents with sixty percent approvals again, I don't think, not for.
Speaker 4: A while, not barring some huge happening, you know, a war or an attack or something like that. But his numbers have plenty of room to grow. Blah blah blah. His greatest political danger is his trade policy. Voters like mister Trump's immigration policy. Seventy four percent say they favored deporting illegal aliens who have committed crimes, and you twenty six percent, why don't you sneak into another country do crimes?
Speaker 1: And then say what you're deporting me out of your minds. I know.
Speaker 4: There was never significant support for the Biden administration's policy of open borders, which let ten million people enter the country illegally, wildly unpopular, in spite of what you'd gather in the media.
Speaker 1: One of the.
Speaker 3: Most huge, unpopular things any administration's ever done in the history of America, and historians will have to study it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say it was a miserable failure of democracy. I suppose you could point out that, well, they got voted out of office, the Democrats, But in the meantime, an enormous amount of damage had been done. An enormous number of criminals and rapists and murders and gang bangers have been let into the country. And then untangling that not is going to take many dollars, many years, and many victims.
Speaker 1: And I'll say this every time because it's extraordinary.
Speaker 3: It's the largest peacetime migration of humans and the Earth's history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe Biden was not only senile, he was evil, as was Alijndro mayorchis what an evil man? Anyway, Let me plunge on with a pole. Huge majorities also support slimming down the government seventy seven percent support quote a full examination of all government expenditures.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, that's weird.
Speaker 4: I keep hearing from David freaking Mure that Doge is evil and nice people are being laid off and it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants this.
Speaker 4: No huge majority support it eighty one percent. Eighty one percent think the US should move in the next few years to balance the budget, which has not been achieved since that shining conservative Bill Clinton was in.
Speaker 1: The White House. You know, the.
Speaker 4: Devil in the details is when you talk about what to cut, and everybody's going to take a bit of a haircut to get to a balanced budget.
Speaker 1: And that's where it gets a little more complicated.
Speaker 3: It's it's good news that we want to I mean, it would be bad if most people think, nah, this is perfectly fine. So it's you know, it's a step in the right direction. But it is like you know, many of us, we're overweight. We're nowhere overweight. You would absolutely tell Gallop, yes, I want to lose weight, but not change any of your eating habits.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, in the meaning right, that's a good metaphor. There are deep passions on both sides. They right but a majority of Americans reject woke ideology. Sixty five percent of voters favor the policy of banning males from women's in girls' sports two thirds of people and again the supporting number is less than a third. I'll dig into it, but that you got a lot of people who don't have an opinion, and you know, please don't vote.
Speaker 1: Not have an opinion on this, you bullron. Yeah, I know, I agree completely.
Speaker 4: Well, they've been cowed into silence by their neighbors. They're just seople, they're we killed. I think it's more cowards than idiots. You think women with penises should compete in men's sports? No, whoa whoa whoa whoa?
Speaker 1: What that that when phrase you threw at me? Women with penises? Wow? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sixty percent support quote eliminating all preference by race and hiring an awarding of government contracts.
Speaker 1: Folks, we have enormous majorities.
Speaker 4: We don't have the media, we don't have Hollywood, we don't have education, and that is our challenge. But we're working on it, and I'm sure you are too.
Speaker 1: Let's see, Bobby.
Speaker 4: Kennedy Junior has a forty four percent personal favorability rating second only to Trump. Wow, among the fourteen political figures included in the poll.
Speaker 1: Wow, maybe we should all get a brain worm.
Speaker 4: I uh, that's that's a terrible thing to say. Oh, I want to get into something you said recently that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: And I think Bobby Kennedy just a full disclosure. I think he's half a crank. I think he's right about a lot of stuff. I think he's completely full of beans about a lot of stuff. And by the way, eat more beans is good for you, make America healthy again and flagelent.
Speaker 1: But it's good for it.
Speaker 4: You got to ease into it. That's the key with beans. Ease into it anyway, that's the key with beans. Joe says, yes, well, I right about that. Beans are of fabulous nutritional value. But you've got to get your gut used to them. Otherwise you'll be like the Hindenburg. And there's no reason to you that's right, there's no reason to get.
Speaker 1: Wish wish childish about this.
Speaker 3: We should have a phrase that pays, like old timey radio contests. If you hear this phrase, call in, you get dollars. And the phrase today is I don't what that's the key with beginning.
Speaker 4: He's into beans, right, all right, here's the rubs. Here's the rub, the tariffs, which generally confuse people. According to this ride Up, eighty four percent of the poll's respondents say they favor free trade. Our trade is not exactly free, but they don't want less free trade. Sixty six agree that quote tariffs are important to protect jobs in our country today, So obviously there's some tension there. Again, eighty four percent say yay free trade, sixty six percent say tariffs are important to protect jobs in our country today. One way of reconciling the tension between these positions would be to use US tariff's as an incentive for other countries to reduce theirs. Obviously and quite correct. So here's where mister Trump in public opinion diverge. He gets only forty five percent approval on his tariff plans and forty one percent on his effort to curb inflation.
Speaker 1: He needs higher numbers. That's higher than I thought.
Speaker 4: That's pretty hot. Forty five for tariff. Yeah, you know, it's really well. I'm statistics. They're difficult to get to the bottom of sometimes, but I'm surprised by this number. What percentage of the goods we use in this country are imported.
Speaker 1: The Wall Street Journal wants to.
Speaker 4: Know, asking people are for real, for real eleven percent, about three trillion dollars a year and a twenty eight hundred twenty eight trillion dollar economy.
Speaker 1: Boy, I'd have missed that. Yeah, I'd have missed it completely too. I would like to know. Oh, I might have said eighty five or something.
Speaker 4: Well, you get into the complexity of Okay, you've got a car assembled in America. It's got twelve hundred and forty parts. Each one of those parts has a different ratio foreign to domestic manufacturer and assembly.
Speaker 1: So is that car.
Speaker 3: You know, domestic are not all right? But yeah, but you buy one car every three to five years. Everything on the Walmart shelf is from China.
Speaker 1: So you know.
Speaker 4: I'd intended on touching on a number of other headlines in the segment, but got stuck on the poll, which is fine.
Speaker 1: It was pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: I will just throw in one more note that we'll take a break because Jack's got some good stuff for us. But a new study out of a couple of universities have joined up several French universities and research institutions, and they think that a combination of the food additives in our diets, the modern hyper refined diet, might raise the risk of diabetes.
Speaker 1: They add to the risk of each other.
Speaker 4: They snowball in other words, And we don't have time to get into this now. But you know, if you were a scientist studying whatever elephants, and all of a sudden elephants were getting much much fatter and dying younger and having more cancer at all. And somebody said, well, they're eating a diet unlike they've ever eaten in the history of elephants, and you said, no, that's not it. Let's keep looking. I mean, you'd be an idiot, right right, No kidding, all right, more to come on that topic.
Speaker 3: I'm sure how to keep your marriage together are man signs to look out for that are going to doom your marriage. And remember the big takeaway from this segment, ease into your new all bean diet.
Speaker 1: According to you, indeed hard primary, stay tuned. You've said this many times.
Speaker 3: After your years of trying a number of different kinds of therapy for me and my family, kids, marriage, all kinds of different stuff. I think it's mostly worthless. I really do, I really do. I think it's mostly a waste of money, unfortunately, but this was pretty good from a marriage psychologist who reveals the number one sign of a future separation. And this stuff is almost always crap, especially if it's in the New York Post, which is where I got this.
Speaker 1: But I thought this was really good.
Speaker 3: If you want to know if your marriage is heading to splitsville, don't check your partner's phone, check their face.
Speaker 1: Like any of that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's so many stupid things out there, you know, the one sign that he's gonna cheat or whatever the hell I mean, they're just all dumb but click bait. The one sided mouth rays the subtle smirk of superiority is the number one red flag for divorce, according to this psychologist.
Speaker 1: And they get into why.
Speaker 3: Research blah blah blah blah found that four nasty little habits, criticism, contempt, defensiveness, and stonewalling are the four horsemen of the apocalypse when it comes to dooming relationships.
Speaker 1: I'll read those four again.
Speaker 3: Criticism, contempt, defensiveness, and stonewalling. But contempt is the kiss of death. That's the one. And you've said that for years. That's the one you can't get past done, the largest marriage experiment ever done. They think of couples that you know, survive and don't survive body language experts, which we've mocked for years and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Because they're usually stupid.
Speaker 6: Also well on cable TV they are, Yeah, brought couples into a lab and if one member of the couple shows a one sided mouth raise, which I had never heard before as like a physical contempt thing.
Speaker 1: But I guess we're just programmed. When we're feeling that feeling of contempt.
Speaker 3: For something or you know, the old pleaser get out of here with that BS or whatever feeling, you raise.
Speaker 1: One side of your mouth.
Speaker 3: It's funny if one member of the couple shows a one sided mouth raise towards the other, he can tell you if they're going to get divorced, because it's contempt. He could predict divorce with an astonishing ninety four percent accurate Fear. Now this is part I think. I thought that was really interesting. Fear comes in a burst, and then you calm down. Happiness comes and then you go back to normal. Anger comes and then you calm down, but not contempt. If you feel scorn or disdain for someone else, and if it's not addressed, it just festers and grows and stays at the same level. All that is true, doesn't it fear anger and then obviously happiness you get back to a normal level. Contempt, it does not go away, you know.
Speaker 4: In a definition of contempt, the feeling that a person or a thing is beneath consideration, worthless or deserving scorn.
Speaker 1: Ye, he's coming back from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why at the end of a marriage you often have two people who can't even look at each other. You only need what contempt on one end obviously for the whole thing to work. I I've not felt contempt, but I have been on the wrong end of contempt, I think. And having read this, I thought, yeah, that's what was insurmountable. I mean, because once you have contempt for someone you don't agree, you don't think they are worth listening to on anything.
Speaker 4: Right, this is how I feel. This is my priority. I don't care right. Yeah, that's a tough one to get past. So look out for contempt and whatever started to bring it on. The point is you start to deal with it right away, otherwise it does just grow and fester. And then it gets into a situation where it might might not be reversible. They also believe that many couples get stuck in an endless loop of the same three arguments throughout the relationship.
Speaker 1: They just don't realize it. And if you can nail down.
Speaker 3: What your three most common arguments are you and your partner, you can solve a lot of problems. Like you get into something, you say, okay, here we're in argument number two again. We always argue about this, and you can you know, realize that you know, you don't see eye to eye on this particular thing and how you've dealt with it.
Speaker 1: In the past, which is a pretty good kid.
Speaker 4: Actually distracted by the details or the trivia, you realize, oh, this is argument B.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and that interesting back to the contempt thing. Disgust and contempt are to a relationship with gasoline, and matches are to a fire. The telltale signs are eye rolling, somebody's rolling their eyes at you. That's not good, eye rolling, mouth crimping, and then subtle fidgeting like picking it closed or cleaning fingers mid conversation as signals of disdain. This person said that they dubbed this move the lint picker, a behavior that he says, screams contempt.
Speaker 1: Louder than words ever could.
Speaker 3: If somebody is, you know, explaining something very important and you're like picking lint off your shirt or.
Speaker 4: Something, oh my god, interesting, you know, it's probably worth presenting the other side of the coin at some point. We don't have time now, but how do you prevent that sort of thing if it in the bud having lint on your shirt, No contempt in your marriage, no heart, Strong and geddy. Rosie o'donald told CNN it's heartbreaking to watch Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Destroy the country from her new home of Ireland.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, Ireland told CNN it's heartbreaking that there's not enough guinness to make Rosie o'donnald look pretty.
Speaker 4: No, no, Michael, I don't approve of that joke. That's just she's not an attractive woman. Yeah, it's a matter of genetics, and I just know. No, she's cruel cruel See you.
Speaker 3: Don't find old women hot unless she's totally irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, that is just cruelty for cruelty's sake. I don't approve. We need a woman to stand it, Yes, yes, Katie as the woman on the program, Michael, I approve of that joke. No, no, no, you're overruled.
Speaker 4: That helps, does it? You know it just occurred to me Jack on air meeting. We've got that Martha McCallum talking to the evil Randy Winegarten audio about the nature of education. Maybe we go big on that hour four of the hour four. My goodness, you fellas work hard, Yes we do. If you don't get our four, you can subscribe to our podcast Armstrong you get on demand.
Speaker 1: It's available later on the day. If I had to describe us in two words, it would be put upon yes, oh please please. They forced us to sign the contract. Anyway. Perhaps you've heard that Donald J.
Speaker 4: Recently issued an executive order yesterday as a matter of fact, to shake up the world of college accreditation, which Trump called his secret weapon in a bid to remake higher education and somehow drag our colleges in universities away from the neo Marxist woke thing, which we have identified as maybe the biggest challenge this country has churning out generation after generation of kids who are trained to hate their own country and hate the very foundations of Western civilization. It is a bizarre experiment in suicide, you know, cultural suicide, and it needs to end like the day before yesterday. But it's going to be a hell of a fight anyway. The order aims to use the accrediting system to combat with Trump used as a discriminator, as discriminatory practices and ideological overreach on college campuses, The White House said, And it's interesting that this piece in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: Which is written by a couple of gals.
Speaker 4: I believe they're both gals, you know, has this sort of cliched phrase that you're used to some or Trump and other Republicans have long criticized the accreditation problem, says, calling it a cartel that stifles competition and doesn't help police colleges and universities with poor student outcomes. And indeed, some conservatives claim it reinforces the woke ideology. I'm paraphrasing what they say in the article, and I'm reading this and thinking, you're a reporter, why don't you look into whether those claims are true or not. Joe Getty claimed that his business partner Jack Armstrong, is a murderer in other news. Wait a minute, this is the pivotal question before us and your journalists allegedly.
Speaker 1: Well, I says to myself, I says, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: Didn't the journal itself have a really interesting piece not long ago about these accreditation agencies and how they operate. And it took jack God, Oh was it three weeks or no, it was about two and a half minutes to find a great piece by Henry Stone. How colleges and universities get around eight DEI bands. They hide behind vague demands from accreditors, and Congress should deprive them of this excuse.
Speaker 1: You know, a brief tangent here. Yeah, Congress has got to pass laws. Executive orders are good. Laws are great.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this gentleman is writing about how incredibly woke these accreditation agencies are, and they are. Here's here's an example, des Moines, Iowa. Someone's lying, he writes, that's what I discovered after trying to free my state's higher education system from DEI. Instead of complying with a DEI band we passed into law earlier this year, the University of Iowa, the College of Medicine, says it's forced to maintain these programs or it will lose its accreditation, essentially killing the institution. Yet a creditor say that's not the case, even as they give quiet cover to universities. If federal reforms don't stop these shenanigans, virtually every part of higher education may soon wriggle.
Speaker 1: Free of state DEI bands.
Speaker 4: So the states are trying to do the right thing because they understand that this is perverse, neomarxist, it's racist, it's anti Title nine, it's all sorts of evil. But the accreditation agencies are saying, let me find this specific here, okay. So they had legislation in Iowa that banned public institutions, including i with three public universities, from having DEI offices, programs, and staff. And he thought that the law would soon strive DEI from the campuses in state government.
Speaker 1: He writes, I was wrong.
Speaker 4: In early November, the Iowa Board of Regents, which oversees the state's public universities, issued a report on compliance with the law. It laid out in detail how DEI initiatives hadn't been shut down statewide, But in fine print, on page seventy eight, I learned that Carver College, that's the big medical school, is keeping its Office of Health Parody open. The office proudly declares on its home page that it quote strives to achieve excellence through the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Board of Regents says its hand was forced by accreditors. These are private institutions that decide whether universities and graduate schools can grant degrees or not.
Speaker 1: And they are woke af pardon me, as the kids say these days. Wow.
Speaker 3: So they keep open that office, and the people that made that decision might not believe in it at all, but they got to have that to keep their accreditation. And then the people that work in what was the name of that Office of Health Equity or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, it's such an Orwellian office of health parody, Jack right, the Office.
Speaker 1: Of Health Parity.
Speaker 3: The people that work in that office toiling away probably don't know Your only here is like a token to the accreditation people.
Speaker 1: Be successful or don't. I don't care. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the accreditors deny pushing the DEI agenda. Last week last year, rather as The Wall Street Journal reported, the alleas On Committee on Medical Education, which accredits to US medical schools, told federal lawmakers, we don't require DEI, but their charter does demand that all medical schools that get accredited engage quote in ongoing systematic and focused recruitment and retention activities to achieve mission appropriate diversity outcomes, or.
Speaker 1: We yank your accreditation and you're not educating anybody.
Speaker 3: Diverse outcome meaning you have to have a certain percentage of different people graduating.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you've got to toe the line on health equity, education programs and just all of this this garbage.
Speaker 3: And it's mostly by the way, because it always I'm always worried to sound like, you know, a white male standing up for more what it's the Asian kids that are getting screwed.
Speaker 1: In that thing the most.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, yeah, yeah. I mean there are a hundred problems with that, with this, but that's one of them. And you know, for what it's worth, I've learned, you know, thirty five times more after graduating from college than I did in college. But my educational background is political science and comparing the political systems and how they function. And I've got to admit, when I step aside from my disgust in horror at this unholy experiment in turning our kids against their own country and Western civilisation in general, I've got to admire the insidious effectiveness of these people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 4: They said to themselves, all right, what do we really need to rot this society from the inside out? You know, the media was a fairly easy play. But we need education. We've got to get the kids. We've got to indoctrinate the kids to hate their country so we can tear it down.
Speaker 3: And the conservative analogy to that would be the decades long effort to overturn Roe versus Wade and getting various judges at various levels of federal courts building up to the Supreme Court. I mean, it's no very long planned out decades, Yeah, a very strategic effort to do that.
Speaker 1: The liberal end of it is this what you're just talking about.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's amazing to get all of these policies and place at so many different levels of our education system, right, and the cleverness to say, well, what if the colleges resist, what if they still want a diversity of opinions on their faculty, then we yank their accreditation.
Speaker 1: We need to control the accreditation agencies. How do we do that?
Speaker 4: Through DEI And I'll give you the nickel version of this, as James Lindsay put it so brilliantly critical. Race theory is calling something racist until you control it. So you go to the accreditation agency and you say, are you an anti racist? I'm against racism. No, you've got to be an anti racist first of all, read this book by Robin DiAngelo ibramex Kindy and declare that all white people are racist and white supremacists, including you. And you're like, no, I'm not a racist, and they get you fired because you're not an anti racist. A lot of you perhaps saw people run out of their careers for not towing the post George Floyd Black Lives Matter line, and they terrify people into leaving, or they run them out, or they force them to their knees like a struggle session in Mao's China, to decline, to declare that, yes, I'm evil. Yes the United States was founded on a bigotry in slavery, and yes all of Western civilization is white supremacy. Don't hurt me, let me keep my job. And then you're under their control and they take over the accreditation agencies.
Speaker 1: That's how they did it. It's evil, but it's clever.
Speaker 4: We've got to be every bit as aggressive and clever fighting back. So anyway, you see that Donald Jay's going after college accreditation agencies, why that's why.
Speaker 3: So I don't think Trump knew this stuff. No either, certainly back in twenty fifteen when he ran. I wonder who convinced him of all this?
Speaker 1: And I think JD. Vance has a terrific grasp of this stuff.
Speaker 4: I disagree with JD on a handful of things pretty vehemently, but I think he's really really good on this stuff.
Speaker 1: Hmm, that'd be interesting. I'd like to know more about that. Like, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I disagree with him one hundred percent today on his Ukraine stuff, and we got more of that later. But if he's driving the bus on this, that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And like I say, this is so critical a fight.
Speaker 4: I mean, I really really believe it is that when I see them do stuff like the whips on on the tariffs and some of the trades stuff, and it's not like, all right, don't mess up the economy because if you do that, Republicans are going to get booted out of office and we're not going to get a chance to fight this fight. So proceed at least Semikar. Of course that's not exactly. You know, the Donald J. Trump boy are doing things which is fun.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: Uh right, So we got we got to get into the book Pride Puppy an hour three, a variety of things. I would definitely want to get to that whole Ukraine conversation. We know no more about that Maryland man, Uh, the MS thirteen guy.
Speaker 1: The Little League coach Dad, Marylynd father.
Speaker 3: Right, we got that, and uh and j Lo and Ben Affleck are having a hard time selling their house. That's a oh sorry to hear that their house is worth mentioning. Wow, but a lot of stuff on the way to stay.
Speaker 5: Here, Armstrong Eddie, we saw a mail truck driving in the wrong direction in the same lane that we were in. He proceeded to drive in zigzags all the way down the road until she got to the stop sign, where she proceeded to kick a solo cup out of the side of the mail truck. She was literally off roading in the mail truck.
Speaker 1: We have a drunk mail truck driver.
Speaker 4: I like the kicking the solo cup out gez Yeah, And they'll never notice this.
Speaker 1: Hey, here's a mail truck worker.
Speaker 4: A female Maleman who was rolling along doing her thing thirty three years old, came across.
Speaker 1: There are a female Maleman. They're probably by them. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this thoroughly woman Maleman saw a house party and evidently somebody said, hey, come on in for a proper two.
Speaker 1: She thought why not, and indeed got somewhat.
Speaker 4: Well unsober and has been charged with a variety of crimes which are no joke. But I've got to admit it's somewhat amusing. The idea of hey, you know, you get your route is long and life is hard, come on in for a drink.
Speaker 1: And she says, yeah, I know. Some point old lady didn't get her TV guide. What are they going to get.
Speaker 3: Their safeway flyers fifteen minutes late? Come on in and have a drink.
Speaker 1: Good lord, exactly.
Speaker 4: Evidently she could not hold her liqueur though, and was swerving in and out of her lane, et cetera, including into the oncoming traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, yeah, terrible. Oh yeah yeah. Start with the least important stupidest thing first.
Speaker 3: J Lo and ben Aflack, who got divorced again after getting married for the second time. Their divorce is being held up by they're trying to figure out how to deal with their home it hasn't been selling, and then split in the money. Sixty eight million dollar Beverly Hills home that's expensive even by you know, rich people standards. Sixty eight million dollar home, Beverly Hills, calip It is a thirty eight thousand square foot man, you just get done with dusting and you'd have to start over on the other end again, that'd be oh yeah, yeah, thirty thousand square foot home.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at this compound.
Speaker 3: It looks like it's a community college or something, but it's their home in Beverly Hills. And I just.
Speaker 1: You know, most of us will never know but that that's beyond buying a home. I don't even I don't even know what.
Speaker 3: It really is when you look at a place like that, And how do you compare one to another? If when you're looking at something.
Speaker 1: That large, and what do you play? I think you do there?
Speaker 4: A compound is a much better way to look at it. Yeah, you own, Why would you restrict yourself to your home? You have like one or two guest homes of significant size that are bigger than most Americans homes. For you know, friends and relatives and partiers and the rest of it. You have a bar with the dance floor used twice a year, but who came to the theater in a basketball court right exactly, a big gym as well equipped as your local gym.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 4: The enormous dining room that you probably used again three four times a year. Otherwise you're eating in the kitchen like normal people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And some some incredible beautiful outdoor pool with the patio.
Speaker 3: Set, and obviously you're not cleaning it yourself. I wish somebody would put out the side costs on a home like that one time. Oh you never hear those. I'd like to hear what what's your property tax? Is easy to figure out because it's roughly ten percent in California. So that's what you got to pay in property tax every single year. That's a lot. So you'd pay six point eight million dollars in property tax every year.
Speaker 4: No, no, ten percent a year. I think somebody's stealing from you. It's like and the county I lived one in a quarter. I think you may have moved a decimal point, but anyway, it's exhausted and big houses equal big bills.
Speaker 1: I learned that early on in life. Somebody told me that, and it's it's quite true.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm sure, But like I'd love to know what's their energy bill, what's it cost to clean it?
Speaker 1: How much did they spend on gardeners?
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean it would be no you if, obviously, if somebody gave you that home, even without property tax, you couldn't afford to live there.
Speaker 4: It'd be impossible unless you're gonna get tax it. It's completely out of the question. Yeah, it'd be funny just to present the idea that j Lo finally got tired of cleaning. She just she would vacuum and vacuum and vacuum and dust and dust and clean the toilets, and then you know, there's Ben sitting on table watching football, and then it was time to start cleaning again, right.
Speaker 3: Let Jenny from the block trying to get the cobwebs down in bedroom number forty.
Speaker 4: Seven, and she had it hasn't been in it in six months, and look at these cobwebs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't get to the fact that Trump speaking to homes. He's putting up flagpoles on the White House grounds. He's paying for him himself. Two one hundred foot flagpoles on each side of the White House will have big American flags, and he's paying for it. And he's a you know, he's a builder. So he had contractors out there yesterday. You could see pictures of him like pointing up in the sky and at trees.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that. Wow, Okay, I'm in favor of that.
Speaker 3: He's footing the bill because he didn't want it to become a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh, good for him. The book Tried Puppy in the News will tell you about it.