Speaker 1: Second date update. It can be pretty frustrating when a first date doesn't go the way that you planned.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: When you go to the movie theater you find the tickets are all sold out. You go to the concert, the band forgot their guitar. I don't think that you go skydiving. They're out of parachutes, right, but they do have a big bundle of those helium party balloons. So you know, you give it a go, but it's just not working out the way that you hope.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're after that skydiving day.
Speaker 1: That's what happened to one of our listeners, justin, not skydiving, but just his date didn't go the way he wanted it to. So justin welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you for having me out there.
Speaker 2: Well, but you didn't say she jumped first.
Speaker 1: Well we'll get to what you did on your date in just a second, but first, tell us about the person that you were meeting up with. Who, what, where, when and why? That's a lot well just who, I guess right now? Everything.
Speaker 3: Well, her name was Robin. She's beautiful, has these really really sexy green eyes.
Speaker 2: I mean like, wow, oh that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Brook has some sexy green eyes over there, like little line of beans, like a like a mountain dew.
Speaker 4: See them, probably like an almost compliment into an insult.
Speaker 2: I get you, I get you us green eyed girls? Were you know we stick together with rare.
Speaker 3: Breed are Yeah, like real green eyes, not contacts or anything.
Speaker 2: Like what you're going on? Okay, so wait where did you meet her? Where'd you meet Robin?
Speaker 3: We met on a dating app and we decided to do like a dinner date.
Speaker 4: Okay, was were you feeling a lot of pressure going into this because it sounds like there's a lot of build up a.
Speaker 3: Little bit, but like, I try not to get too nervous because I feel like on dates we all just get nervous and we're trying to impress the other person, but the other person's probably feeling the same. So I just try to mellow out, be cool, just go there, have a good time, make sure everybody's comfortable.
Speaker 2: That is a good it's good life lesson right there?
Speaker 5: Really they always say be yourself. I feel like a lot of times if people try too hard, that's ruins.
Speaker 1: Right. So you go to the restaurant for the date, How does it go.
Speaker 3: I ended up getting there a couple of minutes early, like, because I really like this girl, and I'm always like five ten minutes late, so I made sure I was there fifteen minutes early.
Speaker 1: Nice, bro, don't set that precedent. You're gonna be late the rest.
Speaker 3: Forget this. So I'm there about fifteen minutes early, and then I get a text that she's running late. So I was like, oh, in there, of course.
Speaker 2: That's how it always wears.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, like I completely understand. So I was like, not a problem. I just ordered a drink while I was waiting. So I finished my drink and by that time, she texts me again that she's still on the way.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how long that here was a while?
Speaker 3: Like I'll tell you, Like, I saw another couple come in after I had been there, sit down, finish their meal, and leave. I think it had been like at least an hour before she got it.
Speaker 2: But she she did show up, right, and she stayed in contact.
Speaker 3: She did. She stayed in contact. She showed up. You know, people have rough days, I understand, okay.
Speaker 1: And that can be hard though, after you've been waiting like cold for like an hour for them, but.
Speaker 4: A couple of drinks, I know, But you know, the restaurant staff is like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all the other couples around are looking over like getting stood up. And as a.
Speaker 5: Server, you know, this guy wants to make money off this table, but you can't go up and go, hey, when are you gonna just call it quits and let me get another table?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't do that. So how did it go when she finally did show up to the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Well, I was happy just to like, you know, have somebody there to be with me, because I was to.
Speaker 6: Her.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to like make herself conscious. She's I don't know what kind of day she was having. She's finally here. Let's just have a good time.
Speaker 2: That's hard though, Like was she super frazzled.
Speaker 3: She seemed a bit flustered. I don't know if it was because she was late. I didn't want to like keep digging at it or digging into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just want to move forward, move on. And were you able to Well?
Speaker 3: I tried, but the vibe was just different from before, Like I could tell this is not going well, and so I was like, hey, why don't I get you like a really nice cocktail. When they brought it out, she gulped it down like a shot.
Speaker 1: She was really stressed out.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not a good look.
Speaker 1: So some people broke speak for yourself was a huge turn on. How did you feel about it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I really like her. I feel like she's like the perfect physical match for me. And on the text she was so nice, funny, playful and charming. She just seemed really distracted, like she got food, she didn't even finish her food. So I don't know what was going on. I just could tell like, oh boy, this is not how I wanted it to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how did you end this date with her?
Speaker 3: So? I asked if she wanted to just go for a walk, because I love walking when I'm stressed out, and just you know, for fair and everything.
Speaker 2: That's kind, that's suthful.
Speaker 3: He said that she just kind of felt like she has to decompressed today and wanted to go home, And I said, that's not a problem.
Speaker 4: Did she give any indication that she wanted to see you again or like retry, because if it was me, I would feel really apologetic, right, like, like, oh my god, I ruined this day. I was super late. I've been totally distracted. Can you just give me a redo?
Speaker 3: You know, she didn't even say sorry when she came in.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 1: I mean, it definitely doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. No, it sounds like there was something going on with her. But let's call her and find out and we'll try and get your second date update.
Speaker 3: All right, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: All right, man, hold on second date update. Let's take this from the woman's perspective. Okay, she shows up an hour light, She's in a sour mood, she's gulping down cocktails, barely eating, hardly even talking to the sweet man sitting across the table from her. Man, and after all of that, the guy still wants to see her again. Bro That's how powerful it is to have a pair of sexy green eyes. I bet Brooke wishes that she had a real pair and they weren't hiding behind those giant four and thick lenses that you got.
Speaker 2: Kay, Listen, my eyes don't work well, but they are green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, according to photoshop they are. But look, that's why one of our listeners, justin wants to call Robin after he waited an hour at the restaurant for her to show up, and the date never really even got off the ground once she did. But those darn gorgeous asparagus green eyes they just had him wanting one more change?
Speaker 2: Do you hit lima beans and now you're going to asparagus?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like a sexy Diesel gas pupp Right, you should say like an emerald or like a that's class, that's what everybody does. What what do you think they looks like? Justin how would you describe those green eyes?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like magical little kiwi.
Speaker 1: The outside, Yeah, kind of they're exotic.
Speaker 4: O. Justin the thing For me with this girl, she didn't apologize after she was so late. That doesn't rub you wrong.
Speaker 3: It does, But you know, just taking all the history in the consideration, I thought like, maybe she's just something personal happened, Like Okay, I wouldn't mind giving it one more shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 5: The way you've been describing her. A lot of times, really hot girls aren't apologetic.
Speaker 1: They're used to people waiting on them.
Speaker 5: Are you worried maybe this girl has like a ton of options and doesn't really care about you that much?
Speaker 1: Trying to project onto him.
Speaker 4: I waited on a positive note on you try one more time, so.
Speaker 2: I just did not have experience with Let's let Jose sit in the corner and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a lot of theories justin but we're really hoping for the best year. I'm gonna dial Robin's phone number right now. We'll see what's going on. You ready, all right, just picture those beautiful key we eyes. There we go. All right, let's do this.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi is this Robin?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, my name is Jeff work on the morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and this is Jose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks Jeff.
Speaker 3: This is weird.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is Brook. It sounds like you're busy, Robin.
Speaker 1: And it is.
Speaker 2: Hi, am Alexis.
Speaker 1: That is Alexis.
Speaker 2: I don't think she was asking for a round table introduction.
Speaker 1: And you are now part of this thing called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Welcome, so bad.
Speaker 6: Okay, what's going on? Did I win something or what's up?
Speaker 2: Possibly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're doing a segment called a second date update.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The way that works is one of our listeners reaches out to us and we call the person who they went out on a date with and has been ghosting them, and we're trying to help him figure out the reason why. So the guy you went out with recently, his name's Justin.
Speaker 3: Oh Justin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you can just tell him I'm not interested anymore.
Speaker 2: You're not interesting.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not interested in Justin. He sounded like a really nice guy.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, I've got my reasons.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, look that's okay, Like you're allowed to choose who you want a date and who you don't. But for Justin's sanity, he's trying to figure out what went wrong because he told us it took you a while to show up to the restaurant even I.
Speaker 6: Mean, yeah I did, and I do feel bad about.
Speaker 1: That, Like that seems like it's more on you and it's less of what Justin did or are we are we wrong about that?
Speaker 6: No, it's totally what he did.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, do So, like I had some stuff to get done and so I was like running late. But also like sometimes I do this with guys I meet online, just kind of to see how they're going to react.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait, the one hour late thing was a test? Is that what you're saying yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean I didn't like planet ahead of time, but once I started being late, I was like, okay, well, how's he going to react to this? You know, and dude like sat there for an hour and waited for me, Like what is that?
Speaker 4: It's a gentleman called patience and kindness and forgiveness.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you were texting him the whole time. You kept telling him you were going to be there. You were leading him on. It's not like he sat there for an hour and hadn't heard from you.
Speaker 7: I only texted him twice and kept saying like I'm head of there, and all we had to do. He kept many options here, right, he could have rescheduled, he could have left, I mean something that should he had a backbone.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you're are you seriously saying that you're mad at Justin because he waited an hour for you to show up.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not mad at him. I just he's not the guy for me. I'm looking for somebody who's confident, who's going to stand up for himself. Like I didn't even say I'm sorry when I got.
Speaker 2: There, and he's too nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just kind of pathetic and it's just like a little puppy dog waiting.
Speaker 6: For like his master to show up.
Speaker 7: Love puppies, I mean, yeah, I like an actual puppy, not a man who's a puppy.
Speaker 4: I okay, I understand that you want somebody who's confident. But to me, it's not that he wasn't confident, it's just that he was forgiving. Those are two separate things, and I think, like god, the world needs more of that type of attitude right now more than anything.
Speaker 6: I mean, no, spare me.
Speaker 7: I think the world needs more men who like have a backbone and are a little waiting for somebody to show up who well out.
Speaker 1: I think it takes a lot of backbone, Robin, to be on the other line listening to this conversation the whole time and not freak out. Yeah, the patience. That takes strength and courage because Justin's actually been there the whole time wanted to talk to you. Isn't that right, Justin?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true My point.
Speaker 1: Okay, point, come on, mister, confidences show it, Robin.
Speaker 3: The reason I was waiting for you for so long was because you were late. You confirmed, and you said you were coming. I didn't want to be rude. If you want a guy who's mean to you, who's route to you. Good, Look, I just hope you guys don't have any kids, because all they're going to create is more havoc and monsters in the world's mind.
Speaker 7: Now you're just kind of like lashing out.
Speaker 2: So no, it's kind of put that now, slashing out. I thought that that's what you wanted him to do.
Speaker 7: No, I wanted him to be confident and to like stand up for himself, but like not just saying stuff to piss me off or to look strong.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: No, okay, you wanted to be confident without being told to be confident.
Speaker 6: There's like a happy balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: But there is something mean not mean nice. Is there any way Justin can win right now? Robin?
Speaker 6: No, I mean no, it's done.
Speaker 7: I mean I hope I hope that just like teaches him a lesson though, because girls really do want a little more confidence.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing. I'm not trying to go out with the girl. I'm trying to find a woman who's matured, spoken with confidence.
Speaker 1: Right there, Let's go Justin.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Robin, I never got not confident from Justin this whole time we were talking about him.
Speaker 7: I did, really.
Speaker 1: I mean, you should hear the way that he talks about your green eyes.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I've looked at Robin's green eyes in the flesh, and you know, now, I'm starting to think maybe they are contact.
Speaker 1: You think she's a phony green eyed girl?
Speaker 3: Did you hear that? That was a thick burn on you? Robin?
Speaker 1: Older?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 2: I mean, do we ask this?
Speaker 1: I mean there's definitely some sort of fiery passion going.
Speaker 5: I have to ask by saying you don't want to send him on a date, then she'll.
Speaker 1: Say, yes, do it? So, Robin, this is the time where I'm supposed to ask if you would like to go out on another date, but we don't want you to go on it. I don't think he even wants to show up to it. He wants to leave you hanging there. That's the type of guy, confident person that yes, and if you're willing to show up to that, then we'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: Thanks for the reverse psychology. I'm still good. I will find my own day.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard, all this testosterone in the room. It's really strong. Actually, Jeffrey Jose.
Speaker 1: And I screwed up. You know what, Robin, he should be the one that asks you, as the strong, independent man that he is. Go ahead, go ahead, justin.
Speaker 3: Hey, Robin, I'd like to officially ask you out on a date to a restaurant that's not even open. It's been closed by the health department.
Speaker 2: But the health is that another bird?
Speaker 1: Yeah you want some food poison.
Speaker 7: Rob, You know, I don't know what the hell is happening here. I'm like back in elementary school, like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Because you're failing again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you're creating a monster.
Speaker 4: Here's at this point, this is getting very unsexy. I finally agree with thank you told you.
Speaker 3: You can say what you want. But that's another sick burn.
Speaker 5: Comedy you want to open anytime you want.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I'll take you up on that comedy. I just need a clown like Robin to you know, and fire me.
Speaker 6: Why am I still on this phone call?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think you're done now right.
Speaker 1: I feel like you would have left if you really wanted to leave, But you want to stick around.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just like he wants grave.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 1: Well, he's stuck around for you and you're doing the same thing. I don't know anybody agree. I guess that wasn't really great comparisons. I just sick burned myself. It's working, Jeffrey in the morning. You know, it's kind of interesting. We taped this a few weeks ago, and when we were done with the phone call, Robin hung up and we went back into the office to do our work. We came back in studio a while later and Justin was still on the line waiting for us. He just wanted to wait to say thank you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I call it kindness. Some call it weakness.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My goal was to like defend him, like I wanted to be on his side the whole time. And it's just like the last even thirty seconds of the call, I was like.
Speaker 1: He's just too sweet.
Speaker 5: He has no bad or mean bone in his body. Even know what he was trying to be mean, it didn't come out.
Speaker 2: And I still don't like the girl. Like I hate tests.
Speaker 4: I think tests sucks, you know, especially tests that make people wait for an hour.
Speaker 5: Of the.
Speaker 1: I know it's already like dating is already a hard enough game as it is. Now she's playing games on top of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, clearly women just don't want to have a nice, respectful guy anymore.
Speaker 4: That's not true, exactly, not a jerk. You can be confident and also be kind. Those two things really truly can't live together.
Speaker 1: Like, Brook, I love you, but shut up for now, because I gotta.
Speaker 4: Tell everybody if that was aggressive, you are so with makeup.
Speaker 2: Take it. Those are like backhanded compliments, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, look, if you want to get a second date update, you can always email the show and we'll try to call the person who wasn't calling you back. I'm sure it's going to be disappointing a brook In somewhere Brook and Jeffrey in the morning