Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, ladies, are you ready to just gab gab because apparently well listen. I love any criticism, whether good, bad, in between, positive, like all of it. Okay, right, no, boy, I don't like it. Won't tease up that way?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: People want us to talk more. They're the shorter episodes. Yeah, so they missed like the long format. I've gotten so many, so you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I might actually be the girl for this kind of criticism, but once in my.
Speaker 2: Life it's like, all right, friend, I hear you, totally agree. Let's gab longer on the wind Down ones. Oh yeahn so we can go all day long.
Speaker 3: We pers like, oh shit, we always when it pops up in the chat on our screen, we know we've gone too long.
Speaker 2: Yep. But you know what we're gonna we we hear you and we're gonna extend a bit. So I'm going to start with a long winded story. I am yes, I love these Are you guys ready to hear some news like breaking?
Speaker 1: Dun? Dun? Do either of us already know?
Speaker 2: No? Catherine and I the way we look at each other when you say saying like this.
Speaker 1: I kind of love that we both don't know though.
Speaker 3: No, don't know at all. Be sure positive, k already, I don't Okay, I am go. Okay, stay tuned.
Speaker 2: What here we go? Oh and this leads into like a bigger conversation. Okay, I'm just ready to share this news.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure, I'm racking my brain trying to think where we're going.
Speaker 2: Well, let's take some guesses to extend this.
Speaker 1: Okay, versation longer.
Speaker 2: No, we're not having a baby.
Speaker 3: No, no, No, you're saying it like you don't want to baby, not like we're not.
Speaker 2: We're not We're not having a baby.
Speaker 3: It's not that we get so many requests for this to be the whole video to be live somewhere because.
Speaker 1: Our freak out face. It's not that there's a reason that can't happen. It's not that what do you think it is?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm afraid to say. You're afraid to say. Yeah, I'm afraid you moving. I'm not going to say what I'm say it. No, I'm not going to say it. No, say I'm not saying it. Go are you getting a new manager? Because we definitely need a cut tape for a second. Well, what do you think area around it? It is work? Okay, what do you think it is? I can't say it. You can say it. I can't say it because we can edi.
Speaker 1: Because I can't say it because Catherine.
Speaker 2: Now you have to because that's the rule of how we work like this. Go ahead, you got a show. Okay, so but just because of it.
Speaker 1: If she didn't, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, if she didn't have a whole baby, that would also be sad. Oh yeah, that would be said too, maybe kind of Okay, go ahead. I mean, wow, I need my coffee. Okay, Okay, let me set the scene because I'm really excited to share this. Probably a TV show, I am, because if it was a baby, I'd be crying. I think we would just be a little uneasy. I am already tearing up. Oh I'm ready to cry to Day's this. I'm really I messed. Okay, you guys, this is going to be the biggest Yeah, I almost.
Speaker 1: That's why I wasn't gonna say it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So sorry, we really extended. Okay, they're like this, there is not the extension. This is not the extension in wish we were requesting. Okay, So Tuesday last week I get an audition that I'm so excited about because it I'm not gonna say which show it is, but it's a Taylor Sheridan show. Always good. Yeah, so I'm always like and I know the cast in director. He's known me since I was nineteen years old, always been a fan in the corner, like he's great. Love him. So Wednesday, before we leave for the lake, I go put it on tape and then I get a text from my agent being like this is excellent. And then she's like I have a really good feeling about this one, and so does she say that often? Not often? No, Okay, a couple times, and I've gotten really close. I like the ones that she says like good feeling. So and the next day I get the notification that they've availed check to me and that he like thought my tape was amazing and like perfect for the role spunky. Is this a spunky rule? This is yeah, a spunky horse trainer who I was like, I'm like, I have like less than twenty four hours to like, yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I remember talking to you you were on your way down to it. Yes, okay, was not like the best headspace. You were not in a spunky headspace. I didn't want to put you on blast, but a little bit of opposite. Day rolling into that audition and I was like, well, this is where you put your acting skilled into the test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I like did great and felt good about it. Okay, soever, all the producers are watching the tape and I get a veiled check again like she's one hundred percent. Okay, So I do this whole like everyone talks about in which I want to lead into the next conversation of like manifestation. Right. So I was like, okay, everyone talks about like visual manifestation, right, So I Am not going to say what show it is, but like I am at this location shooting the show. I am shaking Taylor Sheridan's hands like I'm visualizing like all of this I'm writing out because apparently there's like a Lions portal. I am like, I have this role like and I like feel it within my bones, like that's how it has to be. Yeah, and can you guys believe it? I got a call today?
Speaker 1: You actually got it? No you didn't, Okay, I didn't think.
Speaker 2: So, No, manifestation is shaking, like we're going somewhere that I don't like anyone. I'm saying positive about it, yeah, because I thought it'd be fun for like the whole setup of it. But my I know, but I'm like the manifestation of things, I'm like, it's shite, it's shipe, it's a shit for Alan's words, because I'm like, I did what they said to do. I was there, I was shaking Taylor Sheridan's hand, I was on a horse.
Speaker 4: I was in the like being like thanks for hiring me, and like getting my makeup done, and like in the trailer and like I genuinely believed it, felt it, And I said all the affirmations the last week.
Speaker 2: I said, every single one of them. You seem so much lighter. I thought, for sure you got it.
Speaker 3: And I was playing the part and we were talking about leveling the land outside, so I thought, oh, well, certainly we snugged some sort of deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then yeah, so no, but that brings up my manifestation thing because I've really looked into it with this whole like Lions portal stuff that's like happening. It's Leo season eight eight. So the lions Portal is opening, and you're supposed to call into the things like I mean, I was like, I am this role.
Speaker 1: I am like you were booking this role based on this scorpion stuff.
Speaker 2: No, I like, I was manifesting so hard that like what they said to do you know that, I was like in a piece of me. It was like if anybody heard you right now on your walk around the neighbor because I was like, I got it, get top of your like, hey, Taylor, great hanging with you. Yeah. No, And I like believed it. And then I'm like, this is a load of shite.
Speaker 1: I mean, well I couldn't told you. I don't know what lions Portal is.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing though, when I was talking to Alan about it, we were taking a little bath together and I'm like I struggle with manifestation because you're not supposed to be like and I'm still learning so much because I've been really like looking at Gabby stuff and then looking at this is my channel the things but like and the visual manifestation in And this is where Alan was like good with it. He's like, it's our kind of line of work, whether his goal scorers and his soccer players, Like, He's like, I can't tell my players to manifest scoring three goals because the reality of you scoring three goals, you're just going to be let down. Yeah, exactly, So like me manifesting, like, yes, I can manifesting, I guess being on us set, which eventually I'll get on us set. Yeah, but like that's where I'm just like a manifestation. It's like it's just I feel like to keep people to have hope. I do believe so, but I don't know if I get now this whole visual because I'm like, if it worked, then I'm fucking visually manifesting everything.
Speaker 3: But I don't think it doesn't not help. So I read The Secret when I was twenty. Have you ever read The Secret?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like okay back then, yes, yeah, So I re listened to it on audio kind of often just jump in little pieces of it because I think it helps.
Speaker 2: My default is kind of bracing for impact, you know, yeah, we're bottomed to fall out. Yeah, kind of like I was. Usually, I'm like I'm waiting on the email to say they you were one of three, and they, you know, went the opposite direction. That's how I usually live, right, But this time I chose myself like, no, I got it and I'm ann the life, So I don't think that doesn't go nowhere. That's my theory.
Speaker 3: I think that energy and that vibration is really good for you no matter what, and it could just not be this one, but you changing the way your energy is working is going to help for the next one because you visualized something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's where I think manifestation and all of that is just of course something's gonna happen if you keep going for it. And that's the thing I was talking to my girlfriend Taman about this or we podcast. I'm like, eventually you will get something because it's what you do and what's what you're striving for. And the people that don't are the ones that quit or that give up on that dream.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, I still think you're going to get a call. She's a different character for this, and I kind of want to be right about that. I think I will eventually be. There's You're very Taylor Sheraton, like there's something about it because it keeps coming up personally.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I just mean like he was from Sons of Anarchy, and I love that.
Speaker 3: I actually nobody looks like, but I feel like you're within a degree of separation of him kind of often.
Speaker 1: So there's something to it, well, and I think it will help. I think it obviously helped your positivity around this. I mean, even talking to you the other day, you were way more upbeat about the fact that if you didn't get it, you were going to be okay. So maybe there's something to that that helped. I'm not a big manifestation person. I don't I kind of agree with you. I'm more of a things happen the way they're supposed to happen kind of person, right, you know, And I do think there's something to it, because you want to stay positive. You want to, you know, if you're always negative, I don't know, you know that that exudes when you're you know, I don't think you're going to get a lot of opportunities if you're always negative, you know.
Speaker 2: I think you have to have positivity.
Speaker 1: But I'm not picturing yourself there that's going to make it happen kind of person, because there's just life and that might just not be where God wants you, right, And so just to like visualize it doesn't mean God wants you there.
Speaker 3: But sometimes what's planted in your heart is because it's a desire of your heart.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe and he'll put you And I think that he'll put you there if that's where you're supposed to be. I just I think not that it goes against what I believe. I'm not necessarily saying that, but there is part of me that's just like, again, if God's if it's God's going to put you there, if that's where you're supposed to be. So I guess I just don't fully understand why we're just visualizing us in these places where we want to be.
Speaker 2: Well, that's my whole thing, and then I feel like it sets up for more letdown.
Speaker 1: Well that's why I was kind of surprised where we're at, because I feel like that would That's why I was afraid to say it, because I'm like, sounds like it could be a lot more letdown. You're picturing yourself there, yeah, you know, and shaking his hand and doing all those things, and all of a sudden you're not there, you know. I mean, I feel like that would be a lot more letdown. You've been very positive around this though.
Speaker 3: But this is the closest you've been to him, to his show, to a show with him.
Speaker 2: Right now, I've gotten to I keep getting to producers shoot.
Speaker 1: Which will be a good thing. And she even said that the other day. She was like, at the end of the day, a stale was in front of him, you know, and all of a sudden, then it'll all be a positive in the end.
Speaker 2: It's the day that they don't see me in the tapes, the day that I don't get the opportunity right, because I do believe again, yes, you can't just sit in a well. Alan was saying this, like he's like, you're doing everything you can do. It's not like you're just sitting in your house, not auditioning, not trying, not putting forth the effort. But when it just comes to that visual aspect of things, that's where I'm like, to me, that is just a load of shite. Yeah, but I can visualize being in something one day. But I'm like, of course, one day, if I keep going, it'll happen, which I truly believe. Yeah, Like at some point, if I don't give up, I will be back on a show.
Speaker 1: So when you have to believe that, what's the point and keep what's the point in keeping going.
Speaker 2: If you don't believe that, right, well, because it's what you want. Yeah, so do you think?
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is where I get in my own way, which is it's actually really interesting to me and in alignment to me that we're having this conversation because I the last couple of days have been pretty low, a little spirally, mostly just around money, like the world's expensive. You know, listen, hashtag blest. Everyone's working, but it's just expensive. As we know, horses are fifty k we've been in it. So but like the last the last couple of days, I'm going Kristin, like you've just got to get yourself in a better like what do you need to do? So I have a vision board, so I just like sat in front of it because I thought I just need to like change.
Speaker 2: I think probably like.
Speaker 3: You know, of course, the way we're raised all of that, the default is to is for the bottom to fall out. So my question is, and maybe we don't have the answer to this as a group, but I can see things for myself.
Speaker 2: They just feel far away.
Speaker 3: So that feels kind of like what you're saying, Like I can envision myself being like Oprah. But it feels like it's at least five or ten years away, but it's felt five or ten years away for twenty years.
Speaker 2: So I keep trying to be hopeful.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, how do I bring the goal line to me instead of me keep going to the goal that keeps starting to change? Does that make sense? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if you're envisioning yourself being Oprah, what's the likelihood of you being Oprah?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, just something like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but I think that, yeah, totally. But it's like but then the.
Speaker 3: Jama's point, I'm like, well, okay, so I do this, which is great, right, great, and it fuels me, which I need. But then I'm like, are there people this is to her point, are there people that even know that I'd want to do that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Because I don't really talk about myself like that and I don't put myself out there like that.
Speaker 2: And see that's where I think the whole manifestation actually is positive and does work. You have to put forth right, putting it out there, yeah, because if not, then you're never going to do it. And that's with people, right, But if you want it to happen, you got to put it out there.
Speaker 1: You have to try right well, and then there's a lot of obviously work that goes into that, you know. And I don't know the whole manifestation thing. I'm sure it's not saying just picture yourself there and then all of a sudden you're there.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it crosses because I was talking to Amy about this in our session the other day yesterday actually, but it was she'sun sabbatical, how'd you get a session?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: No, she's done, she's back. She's back. Yeah, it was a month, but she was basically when I brought up the Lions portal thing, She's like faith and I think manifestation there could be elements in it, yeah, but a lot of times it's they don't. They're just like, no, it's God's plain and timing and ask for ask him. Not absolutely as stars or the I've I very much feel that way. I try to kind of like keep that to myself a little bit, but I very much do feel that way. But also in the sense that like you, to me, that's such a positive thing, you know, and I know it can feel like but it's like, man, you're gonna end up on that show where God wants you, and the timing that God wants you and the you know so.
Speaker 1: To me, for whatever reason, that just feels so much more like, Oh, that just makes me so happy thinking about it. It may not feel good in the moment, but but I've just never been one that. To me, they've always counteracted each other a little bit. However I've tried to do it or handled it or whatever. They just feel counterintuitive a little bit to me. But I'm not knocking anyone that does feel that way. I know a lot of very strong people of faith who also follow the stars or you know or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I think there's something to it. Sure, like the energy of things.
Speaker 3: I do too, I just also do think like this is what I have to remember. So I'm like, I want to be Oprah. What's my capacity for being Oprah?
Speaker 2: Right now? Right? I have a three year old I'm homeschooling.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of what I was going to say. I'm like, what the likelihood of you really working so hard to get to a point right your Oprah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And so I have also yeah, Oprah, I mean like that's like major, It's what I've always wanted to do.
Speaker 3: My like.
Speaker 1: Regious but I believe that my dream died with Regis. I believe that you can do it. I just also know that you have other dreams that would make that impossible hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, and listen, I'm using Oprah like loosely, like a funny, right, it's just funny to say, yeah, like a you know whatever, whatever that idea of that is.
Speaker 2: But I also just know capacity like I I don't.
Speaker 3: There's Preston's traveling. So for the things that really are important to me, like me being with my kids. Yeah, I'm not going to trade a career and God knows that too, you know, Like I'm I. We don't have much teamwork with the way our industry is set up right now, so I couldn't do that so well and be with my kids. So I'm like, maybe that's why it's delayed and I'm in a refinement season and I'm just not waiting.
Speaker 2: But like, that's why it hasn't because you can't can't You're no room for it? Yeah, right, no room. And I think that's the piece of manifestation that you have to have room for it to grow. Yep.
Speaker 3: And they say that like clear half of your closet if you're wanting to have a husband and park on the side of the driveway so that there could be like visualize someone taking up space, and I know you lost that, but part of the visualization, they say. But also like I found a husband in my closet was very full, so I don't you know, I don't know. I just I think there is something too, just the divine timing of it. But I also think it keeps us hopeful enough, and that's why I like to listen to it because it makes well in full transparency. It also makes me feel little more in control of things, and that feels calmer to me. So probably going dreaming and going like what i'd want it to look like this, and like it just feels like, I don't know, it feels positive and I just need more of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it makes more sense for things to come when the action is there, So it's like I don't want you to think that it's not going to be there. Oh I don't need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I also like, you know, I'm starting my podcast back up, which I think is going to be great, but I was on this mission to get it out in September and yesterday my throat was closing and the school's starting and our house is a debacle, and I was like, okay, but what was I I'm my own boss, and I can do it in such a way. I don't have to do it in September. I could do it in January. And I have a little goal out there, but the goal for me would have to it goes calendar year. So there's an award that I would like to submit for, but it's in January to December, so doesn't mean no good to put things out in September.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so I thought, well, Kristin, why don't you just give yourself room to breathe and go slow?
Speaker 2: And so here we are, are you well? Speaking of the Lions portal though, oh gosh, we're gonna let Catherine come in on this little game of ours that she hurts. Yay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's all about letting go of something and bringing something in. Oh oh okay, she hates me with that one. But it's true though, I think, and I think this is where I've been able to stay positive in this You're so positive.
Speaker 3: I just want to really say that, like it is wild I would have never guessed we didn't get a show.
Speaker 2: Well, the funniest thing was is yesterday? What was yesterday? Yesterday was the twenty ninth. Apparently it was supposed to be the luckiest day of the year. So in my mind, I'm like, this is the day I'm getting the call. I like when you go to dude voice, and that was the day I got the call.
Speaker 1: You got that call, girl, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, damn it, like but it was like it almost made me laugh because I was like, of course, like I've been waiting for four or five days for an answer and you put it on the day day, like rude. But also, Okay, if the whole thing is then there's something else that's meant for me and I don't have to hang on to that. Yes, And I feel like that's it for everybody agreed, because it's like if not, what am I going to do sit in my room and cry or like be depressed. Okay, I have to like actually feel that this just wasn't meant for me and something will eventually come. In my timing, fuck no, but in his timing. Absolutely the timing, Yes, yeah, and you're just being seen.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I was trying to say, you you've been seen so many times by these people, they aren't knowing You're a hard worker. Like all of those things, all of this does go into the recipe you know at some point, and that you want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that you just keep on showing up. But that's something came up in therapy yesterday too, which guys, I was a little annoyed our favorite because there was something that was said that I was like, no, can we know it? Oh? I wish I could know. We're gonna know. I feel like she could say it don't And I understand it was said out of like love and care, of course, but yeah, I was expressing something that has been like ruminating in my brain and I'm having a hard time with and she mentioned She's like, that's generalized anxiety disorder and I'm like, nah, Like I don't have anxiety attacks. She goes, right, that's there's panic disorder. There's this, And I actually didn't know that there was actually from all the years that I've had therapy, I mean all the years I've had anxiety in the past, I didn't know that there was such a thing as like generalized anxiety disorder. So if you're thinking of this one thing over and over and over and over and over again, it's called generalized anxiety disorder. And she's like, maybe you should get on something to like ease that, and I'm like, no, I don't want to get back on medicine. I worked so hard to get off of medicine. But I was like, I'm here to talk it out because I'm like, I'm just having a bad day. Well, also, we live in a very there's a we live in that.
Speaker 1: She said, that's a fair that's a fair response in which one to say no, I don't want to get on something. Yeah, I mean that might be true. I mean that's obviously probably true. She's a therapist, but I think it's a very fair response to just say no, I don't want to get back on medicine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I have a question for us too inside of this, are we over diagnosing as a as a society, Because I'm starting to feel like, okay, eggs are eleven dollars. Things aren't always looking up economy wise, right, Like work is hard, things cost money. To me, what you're describing is just a normal day in the life of any mom or person like worrying about something doesn't give you a general anxiety disorder.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, but here's a thing too, And what I told her I was like, am I excessively worrying about this thing? Yes? And like sometimes it does affect my daily life, which is why people would. But at the same time, I'm like, I know, or I feel at least that I'm strong enough to say I can combat that thought with a positive thought if I do it consistently for an extending amount of time. That's where I believe that positive affirmations, I agree can work. Now. It's not knocking anybody that has to because listen, I was on medication for what eighteen something years? Yeah, like yeah, forever, you know what I mean, and I've worked hard to not but I think there's also like periods of times when you can be low and then also like I do believe in like affirming out of that and just being like, no, I'm choosing to be positive and I'm okay and I'm safe, and like having those affirmations to not let me feel what I was feeling or like ruminating on Well.
Speaker 1: It's interesting coming from a person who I guess technically does not have anxiety. Do I feel anxious about certain things at times?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't really know. But it's so interesting you say that, because coming from someone who doesn't have anxiety, I hate to admit this because this sounds bad, but that's how we can feel when people are anxious about things, like, hey, can you not just like have a positive thought and like pop out whatever? So where I'm going with that is is I think sometimes you can learn those coping mechanisms and be able to get out of that. But if you're prone to overthinking and having anxious thoughts or whatever, you have to learn those, right, I mean, you have to learn how to get out of that, right. But Dad, don't think that that means you necessarily always need medicine. If you've learned the tools to work with that, I would think, Again, I don't have anxiety, but and if that works for you, and if you're able to go positive and get yourself out of that, then I don't see why there.
Speaker 2: Would be a need for me, do you okay?
Speaker 3: Is that is there a way to know kind of the general of what you're worrying about. Well, so the whole thing is, like I don't want waiting to find therapy, but you're inn thirty thousand feet up right.
Speaker 2: It's like the like I think the whole thing is like feeling unsafe and like the bottom falling out right, So it's like kind of living in that. So then it go to like a a health anxiety or so I like ruminate on like things and I can't. I have a hard time sometimes getting out of it, you know, And I just keep thinking that thought over and over and over again. I don't have anxiety, like I'm not having a panic attack over it, right, but like I get anxiety or anxious thoughts around like a specific thing that can like coming up.
Speaker 1: I just feel like everyone does great. And again I would still classify myself as not getting anxiety, and I will find or not being anxious necessarily, but I will find myself at least i'd say every couple of weeks asking myself, I'll go, what am I anxious about? Yeah, because I'll feel that anxious feeling like I do get that. I understand that feeling now I didn't used to. And I'll be like, what am I anxious about? And I'll like if I can pinpoint it, I'm like, Okay, and then I'll address it and then I'll be like okay, and I'll move on, or I don't know what it is, and I just have to say I don't know what I'm anxious about and move on. So I again, I think, you know, I think we all have an element of that, right, doesn't everyone have a little bit of anxiety?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I think that is what I'm trying to say too, Like I do have a fear. I'm on the highway a ton, right, And if you know my grief past, then of course death is kind of like always in my brain, kind of probably more than like a normal healthy person should be. So Amy and I have talked through that, like I don't want to manifest it to your point, like I don't want to think about it so much that I attract it to myself, not saying that that would happen, but.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, interesting. Yeah, I just want to say that piece too, because I asked her a question. I said, Okay, she's like one of the things I said, I think because everything is good right now, like me and my husband are happy and we are good, Like everything's good, My kids are healthy and happy. So I start to figure like I'm going to die, I'm going to get cancer or whatever. And so then I said, also, people always say what you think becomes so I've been fearing myself like, oh, I've been giving it so much power that I'm like, oh my god, I'm going to give myself cancer. But but yes, I think that you can your body like when you stress. Yes, I do think your body can create aches or pains or got I do believe in that when you stress so much. But is it going to give me cancer because I'm having these thoughts?
Speaker 1: No, No, Yeah, that's the other part of the manifestation that I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, that's That's also the piece I was like, once I heard that, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, you know what I mean, Like, I mean, yes, stress, you can stress here out. So you mean stress is a big, you know, cause of ailments. But just seeing it again, I just can't believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No.
Speaker 3: But also I think when you're on the roads that we're on and it's so trafficky all the time, Like, for sure, that's in my brain because I'm looking at I'm just tending to trying to get us where we're going. And I've seen a lot on those highways with my travels. So yeah, I mean I'm anxious about I default anxious. I default to the bottom, falling out when things do feel good. I'm extra anxious because I am preparing for whatever it.
Speaker 2: Is well and so and if that was stopping you from living and taking up most of your day, that would be generalized anxiety disorder because you're thinking about it all the time. So I don't think you think about things that much? Do you? Like, are you it comes in like it comes? Does it come in cycles? Maybe because you know what I mean, and my anxiety is definitely worse.
Speaker 1: And are you not able to to really function that?
Speaker 2: Ida am? I just have to shut it up. But the thing that has helped so much, And I wish I had my phone because I wrote it in the notes and it was so good. But it was like when you shut up the voice in your head, it actually makes it worse, it makes it louder. So instead you say, like I feel like I'm gonna die, be like what is the reality to that? I'm eating healthy, I take care of myself. Like, thank you anxiety for trying to protect me right now, but like I'm good, I'm safe. I don't need you I don't need you, like, and I think, like that's where even just like what we're talking about, like losing jobs and it's like, Okay, I feel disappointment, but like I know that one day I will get something, Like I can believe that and know that. And it's like and when it comes into like the anxiety of things, it's like, right now, I don't have to worry about discovering something or finding something, Like I have a man that is showing up and he's doing his work and I'm doing my work, and we are you are happy and like and like to feel that, you know, because like we can't predict and that's all about the future. That's what the fears of anxiety what it is. But like if you tell yourself that, then you just keep quieting that. I'm like, can we just try that for a minute before trying to get a pill? Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: And again I don't want to sound insensitive to now, so I'm trying to be very careful. I just I also have to believe to an extent, we have to be able to learn how to cope with these things, Sam, and we have to have faith out of them, and we have to be able to get ourselves out of them. I don't want to believe. And I know there's a lot of things that go wrong in brains, and there's a lot of medicine that has to be had in all of those things. But I do think that when.
Speaker 2: My serotonin needed the lexapro right for me to function and live a normal life, I could not leave my house without having a panic attack, right, like right, absolute medicine. Absolutely, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just think we've gotten to a point where maybe we are over prescribing. For sure, I have no doubt it's about overprescribing. But also, you know, maybe let's let's go first to how do we how do we help cope with this, and then if we can't, if we get to a point where we just can't and we're not functioning, then maybe we need to to do something about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like and to her point, like she was just like, it can just be until you start to settle out and really feel you're safe and all those things. And I'm like, but I think that's a practice within me that I have to like do, that's my work to go I am safe. I'm just like trying to pull up stuff because I that's what I know, right, right.
Speaker 1: Right, right, So things are good. You're pulling out that. Yeah, So I'm like that's also yeah, a.
Speaker 3: Little yeah, but like knowing where you are at a personal level with I think you're doing great. I just and I'm not blaming on hormones. I'm really not, but there is, like there is scientific proof our levels change and those certain levels, certain hormones help us stay safe, right, Like it's animalistic, it's like a real biological thing. Certain hormones heighten our awareness and our hypervigilance. But that was to keep us safe when we needed to, you know. So it does go in a cycle a bit too. So those times like I already know the next couple of days. I I'm not projecting it on myself, but I am a little more anxious. But I also know a level back out in about five days, you know, I just don't. I just don't think you're in a medicine place. That's just my two cents, my non degree toting two.
Speaker 1: So you see very confident that you were able to talk yourself out of that, like to try it. Yeah, So I think that, yeah, I think that. Yeah, it feels like a healthy practice let's try.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I took both of those post chats went very long in that does anybody have a whine about it?
Speaker 1: Oh my, oh my update?
Speaker 2: But well it's not really a whine about it. I mean, we can certainly turn it into one cat.
Speaker 1: I am, well, I am just dead, and like senior year, like the to do list for senior year is just wild, and then new high school and then I know this is not a whine about it. But I know we've talked about this before, but like, at what age do you let like your girls shave?
Speaker 2: You know, like that, oh we've had that, you've shaved. Okay, Well, so what happened was we were talking about Ramsey. Huh Okay, yeah, I love is also asking. Okay, so fourth grade, she came to me and said we were in the shower. We took a shower together, and she's just like, Mommy, like, can I shave my legs? Not to like cut you off, by the way, but just like yeah. And I called Mike and was like this is what she said, and he goes, I feel like it's too young, and I was like, I agree with you. He's like, let's revisit in fifth grade. Okay, so I think we talked about it.
Speaker 1: That's what we did. I think we talked.
Speaker 2: We talked a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then at the lake this summer, you know, we were in the shower and she's like, Mommy, look how dark my hair is? She has dark hair. She's like, can I please shave? And I said in that moment and I ended up, I'll say so in that moment, I was like, make does it make you feel a certain way? She's like yeah, she's like. I was like, she's like on the dock. She I was like trying to like hide it, and I'm like, okay, so it's not just now it's starting to make her feel uncomfortable. So I said, sure, I can show you how to do it. So, you know, I showed her, you know, just like how my mom showed me how to do it when I was in sixth grade, and you know, she she loved it, right, And then I was like, I gotta call your daddy, you know what I mean. But it was just that moment where I was like I don't want it to get out of the shower call. I was like, this is this is a mom moment where I was like I want I'm going to make the call. Yeah, So I called them after. I was like, hey, please just hear me out on this one. And he's like, I'm not mad at all. He's like, you did what you thought you got to do in that moment. And he's like totally fine. And I said, and listen, at the end of the day, she's not gonna want to do this every couple of days because she's going to see that it's work to keep your life shaved, right. Yeah, And she's only done it once since then. You know, she asked for a razor in her shower. I haven't gotten her one yet, but because it's gotten like long again, you know, and she's like, mom, you know, school's coming up or whatever, she's going to have it in my shower. But I am going to let her do it, like it's something that like, if it's making her feel uncomfortable, I think she'll realize it's a chore and it's not fun. But if she wants to do it, I'm now. I'm like, she's in fifth grade and you know I did it in six and it's something that has made her feel self conscious, and so I've said, okay, yeah, oh we shaved Jamesey's like yesterday. Okay, well that's where I was going.
Speaker 1: But my whole point is is why does it matter how old they are? I'll turn that into a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of a whine.
Speaker 2: I will say this. I feel like.
Speaker 1: Like it's not hurting anyone else. It actually affects no one.
Speaker 2: No. When that Ax and I were talking about it, it just feels so old and like.
Speaker 1: It it's like a oh, I don't think it's a sexualized thing at all. But having said that, Ramsey's hair was awful. Yeah, I mean she has my dark long Oh my gosh, God bless her. Like it's bad.
Speaker 2: I think that's what's time because it's blonde.
Speaker 1: But it does well, that's where I was also kind of going with it. It does feel old. My youngest just shaved your legs, so it's like I have a senior, I have a girl going into high school and have a girl now shaving her legs. But the confidence when she got out of that bath, I don't care. I don't care if everyone in this town has something to say about that girl shaving her legs.
Speaker 2: Does it affect them?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not if someone's looking at them sexualizing them because their legs are smooth and not hairy, then that's on them. That's not on my kid.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree with you. I'm just like I think that's where, like fourth grade, for some reason, shave legs just felt too young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I remember we had talked about it before. So then when you know, I had looked back at Ramsey the other day and she was sitting there and I was like, literally in my head thinking.
Speaker 2: Her legs are going.
Speaker 1: You got to be a good friend to know. And then she find she said something about it. She's like, oh, my leg hares have gotten worse, like a lot hairrier.
Speaker 2: And I was like, let's shave them.
Speaker 1: I mean why not? Yeah, you know, and like it just again, they won't do it that often. Emmy did it this same time, just because she wanted to, and I was like, if you want to, I don't care. Like I that I don't care when something like that, Like, I'm just like, you're not gonna want to do it. I still look at her. I mean, she goes to cheering shorts every day and I'm like, are we going with hair? Yeah, nobody cares. And she's a flyer and they're all touch and they're like they don't care. She doesn't care, but hers are like blonde. I can only tell what I'm like. The sun is like on them. Yeah, if they feel uncomfortable, uncomfortable about it, it's not affecting anyone else in my opinion, So I'm like, you know, if it makes them feel good. But it was that moment of my youngest just shaved her legs.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine, like like I am actually really.
Speaker 1: Ready for him to go to college in this sense that I know he's ready for college and like he's mature and stuff like that. Like I again, I don't ruminate on things very long, so I don't think much about like when he's gone. I just try not to think about that. I just think of like the positive parts of it. Like he's applying on Saturday, like August first applications open up. I know, it's it's looking far away, not anymore really right now, he's looking at two Alabama schools, BAMA and then a smaller one we haven't visited yet, North Alabama, which is a smaller option. He doesn't really have a huge preference on where he goes, and it's kind of started to stress him out a little bit. Like he's like, I don't have like the school. I'm just like I got to go to or what I got to do. I don't know what I want to do. Then I'm like pick a big option and a small option and then you know, take the time and pick whenever.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so my.
Speaker 1: Youngest is shaving her legs. I know it's the first for you though, So that's like a whole different. It's like first and the last are just like a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't even imagine. I'm saving all my fifth grade chat for when school starts, but yeah, it's gonna be. I've got a couple of things pinned. So it was kind of a whine, kind of not what's the line? There wasn't really a whine. That's all I had. My son's going to college.
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 2: You can whine about the bill of that, and you can whine about the subparation. Got uh I do.
Speaker 3: It's actually kind of along these lines, so all unpinned because I've had this in my little where are we with makeup and these children kind of goes along the same lines, like and I know, Kat, you forged the territory before us, but I struggle because love is so stunning. I'm like, you are your eyebrowsier lash, Like she're just a special little human, you know, like you need nothing. None of our girls need anything. No ten year old needs makeup. But I also know it's like I So she went to a performing arts camp last week, and she the second to last day, she was like, can I wear a masskara? And I said, ah, not today, you know, like I just was okay. But then the last day they had their performance, so she's like, can I wear a masscarat is? Of course, like you know, we do that for cheer, yeap whatever. And then I get to the school where they're hosting this little camp and every little girl is like in semi semi full glam, like we are eyeshadow, We've got some and listen, all well tastefully done, but like still they're just all such little girls and like what are we doing? And then I ran into a friend yesterday and they're little girls and again, so she has all girls and their youngest is but her youngest is with the other two big girls also wearing makeup, and I'm like, what is am I I'm gonna be the.
Speaker 2: Person that's and I'm not against it. I want to say that, hey, but I just am strugg young, but I'm I'm not. We don't have girls in dance or cheer, so like, yeah, I'm not putting. I think the last time Jolie had makeup on was when we did a fun little mommy day out and we went for nott Cracker tea for Christmas and we did like a like we had a I had someone do our makeup for this one thing and it was that was in Christmas. But like, I don't ask if she wants it on. She doesn't ask to put it on, and I'm just like, if she did, I'd be like, throw some lip gloss on, but that's it, Like I'm not fitting you. Like I just think that's way too young personally for me. But then I watched Lion already grabbing a blushbrush because she the younger sister, So I'm like, is this gonna be like are we like? I just I don't know. I just think it's if she If Jolie was gonna do like a makeup routine fifth grade, I just think it's too young. I really do.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm struggling because I so reformed again you have a get a younger that probably started and again, you guys have been cheer.
Speaker 1: And so well honestly cheer. Like Emmy doesn't wear a lot of makeup, Like even in cheer I'm like, hey, I think you need to do more, and she's like no, Like she will not wear eyeshadow.
Speaker 2: That's like put this red will be well they have to do that because you have to be like I.
Speaker 1: Want her to have eyeshadow on so it stands out more.
Speaker 2: And she she had to do in the eventy like I had to put the whole things on.
Speaker 1: But I think that that's kind of maybe helped in a way. Like she just likes very minimal makeup. I mean, like she's got beautiful eyelashes. She will always put mascara on and she will curl them, you know. Sometimes she she doesn't ever do like face like full face stuff ever, so she doesn't do a whole lot. Ramsey sees the older girls plays around with it at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Jolie's got makeup and a big thing, but like she doesn't. The only thing she'll put on is like some yeah, some lip gloss, and like I think she put like a little glowstick on one.
Speaker 1: I mean, Ramsey can do the whole thing. She actually came down. She goes after she shaved, she goes, I feel like putting on makeup. It's like, oh, you go, but we're not going anywhere. You can go put on some makeup. She came down. I was like, heang, girl, actually pretty good because like I suck at makeup. That's the other funny part, Like I have to ask immy. I'm like, how do I even do this? Yeah, And I've been trying to teach you for it's.
Speaker 2: Just awful at it.
Speaker 1: But we are spoiled because you just do it for us. Like I don't even like to wear makeup. And maybe that's helped too because I don't really hardly even wear makeup, so maybe you know, so.
Speaker 2: I think that I'm not like, yeah, I don't wear a lot of mating and I know people who wear a lot that then, right, And I think who you're referring to, like where's always has a face on? Yes? Yes, yes, that is a definitely lens than the child to be, you know, want to be like mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that too, Like I'm a tinted SPF and rule girls you know. But I also was like, I want I don't want to make.
Speaker 2: It like I think Jolie told me I didn't look pretty the other day when I had a full face on. She's like, whoa mom?
Speaker 3: And I was like and She's like no, she was so honest, right, Yeah, I just I feel like, and this will lead me to the pinned. We will definitely pin my other one because I have to.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm going to pray a little bout how I phrase it, but I think it's probably relatable. But there's just this like there is certain pockets of friends that when we plug into, just have this very grown up like air about them. And I we just are very ten years old still in our house, like I've just done my best to keep them little, you know, And so we plug into this other group of friends where it's all about the crushes.
Speaker 2: And the marriage and like some of that I get it's totally age appropriate. So I don't neednyone coming at me. Because I played mash and I had.
Speaker 3: I thought I was gonna be I thought I married Joey from because on the Block because we both had asthma. We were both capricorns, like I was positive. Yeah, yeah, how many kids?
Speaker 2: I always got the shack five kids with Danny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, but I just am I'm just being a little bit more because I think they are at that age. Like the difference between ten and eleven is between fourth and fifth grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's big. It's a big it's big. It's when it all starts, fifth grade, it all starts. And the reality is is depending on who they're around. Emmy was always more grown up and it wasn't in a makeup way that she was around older cheerleaders, you know, so it's she just is, you know. And then Ramsey not as much. Ramsey seems a lot younger at ten than Emmy did, you know. So I just think it depends on the kids. They're all very different. And you know, even Emmy and I were having this conversation the other day because her kind of new group of friends at the new school, they're very different, very different, which I will well, I want to talk about that all.
Speaker 2: List as perfect as it's going to go perfectly with my pen for next week.
Speaker 1: But just explaining to her how even at your age, like everybody's very different, and how you know there are already girls at that age they're not going out not looking like Prestine put together, you know, activewear, but like put together.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going into high school, oh yeah, which is normal. But at the same time, there's a lot of they're like, uh, I'm a hot mess. Let's be a hot mess together. We're going to the Starbucks, you know, right. So there's just varying a lot of different in the different areas and different It's just it's been very interesting.
Speaker 2: All of that, all very different. Well, I can't wait to chat school and all the different ages of school that we're going into. I've got some major changes happening that Kat knows about on the young side of things. I can't know. Stay tuned to your listeners. But let's just go out and just be positive because we're still in the Lions portal, guys, I'll go back to it all right, Let's just be positive.
Speaker 3: All I know for sure is that we will not have this much as we as we age on. All I know for sure is I can't talk and get baby neither, guys. All I know for sure is this is the youngest we will be yes moving forward, do you know what I mean? So, like we should just I'm trying to just move into a different headspace altogether. And ten years from now, I'm gonna wish I was wearing and doing and living and appreciating all the season exactly.
Speaker 2: And remember, for those my little anxiety fear people, what is today? What do we know to be true? Today? We are good. I am safe for the moment I've been now it's a big question mark. And if you see you're walking around the neighborhood, I am safe. It's nice to meet you. To save her. I love you, Taylor. Don't call the cop. She's fine. She's just manifesting. It's shite, okay, shape Bye guys, byee