Speaker 1: Can you tell me that Joe's story, why was he involved? Or at your basements by happenstance he was involved.
Speaker 2: But I go in the bathroom and the doors are closed, like locked, so I'm like they're like knocking, like can we please get in here?
Speaker 1: Please get in here? And Joe opened up the door like oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: Because I'm bawling, like you don't know what to say, so they're like, oh, she's just not proposed to doesn't.
Speaker 1: He know who you are? Or does it?
Speaker 3: Maybe you know?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, this episode is brought to you by boost Mobile. Please welcome Savannah James and April MG Daniel's Hill. Rah. Hi, guys, Hi, did you do interviews a lot? Or is this like a never the bane of my existance? You hate it? It? Tell me why talk to me about it? What is it? What is the thing? I don't know. I just would rather be quiet quiet. You know. He was so surprising to me when you guys launched this pod for that reason alone, because I feel like, you know, Savannah gets so much of like she's our unproblematic queen. You know what I'm saying, That's that's how they but you keep it that way you like it, and I'm sure you're problematic to like every other human being in private life, right, but you never really showed that. So when you guys decided to launch the pot I even saw that in some of the comments, like no, Savannah, don't don't talk. We like you Like I'm like, y'all don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm actually a little more crazy, actually are you? But it's fine, just a little bit.
Speaker 1: But what made you want to come outside and give people a little bit more of you?
Speaker 2: To be honest, I think it's that I definitely have a personality.
Speaker 3: I definitely have a voice.
Speaker 1: I use it.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little bit of a practice because to use it publicly is not what I typically like to do. So coming out of my little box a little bit more that way is a baby challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun. Whose idea was it in the first place? I think it was both couples together both. I feel like we.
Speaker 2: Always have aha moments, like you know, you're like talking to your friend, I'm like, this.
Speaker 3: Would be genius. She like yeah, girl, like she is the battery.
Speaker 1: But I was gonna say, were you surprised as her friend somebody who knows her so well and know how she's perceived that she was like down to do this. No, no, you were This is who she really is because you know her better than that. Yes, I'm like, y'ah are confused. Okay, take me to the friendship. So we have a seventeen years is that right? Yeah, that's a long time, long time, long time it started. You guys are like babies. And how I know you were working with Lebron?
Speaker 2: So I've done all the Lebron's stuff for years. Like outside of basketball.
Speaker 1: When you say stuff, what's the events, experiential, creative? How did you get that job?
Speaker 3: Worked with Maverick.
Speaker 2: I came up in the industry with MAV and Rich and I think we all just stuck together, like as we came up, we all leaned on each other. And I think being a black fean a lot, I would go to the guys like what y'all think?
Speaker 1: Should I do this? Should I do that?
Speaker 2: And they'd be like, yeah, girl, you should do that, and I'll be like, okay, great, yea. So I think just like being in the entrepreneur space and they're not being a lot of females there.
Speaker 1: They're really good those guys too. I haven't spent a lot of time around them, but I have been in rooms at dinners and they are I don't know, they share information rich Man like they share information. I've had moments while I was pivoting and I'd be like, hey, MAV sorry to bother, Can I pick your brain? He's like absolutely, here's the time. Like they're very I don't know, just supportive of women in that yes.
Speaker 2: And so they were super supportive of me, and I think I did a lot of things that had more risk and I kind of was like, I'm gonna do this and be all right, we can support whether it be Clutch, whether it be spring Hill. Over the years, so all of the businesses that are LJ adjacent and around him, I kind of helped support in some sort of way. And Savannah would be at events and I'd be like, hey, what are you doing and should be in the corner like not talking.
Speaker 1: I'm like she got a lot to say say. Were you like determined to crack her up? Like when you did?
Speaker 3: I was like what you got to say?
Speaker 1: And what was going on with you? Were you just like protective?
Speaker 3: Protective? I think coming into.
Speaker 2: The NBA, Yeah, I wasn't as welcomed as I thought I would be, So I took that as like, let me just sit back here and chill because these ladies do not care about me. It was much more hierarchy, I feel like back in the day because I was yeah, and I'm a baby, can y'all not really, I'm seventeen years old, guys.
Speaker 3: I just want I'm just like hey, They're like, you're gonna be here long.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, you were seventeen dealing with that, so you just chose to just stay to myself. So here she come on. I'm like ship. So yeah, that was the first and then I'm like, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: And then we were in the same city. We were both in Miami, and then that's when we got really close. Then she moved to Cleveland. I moved to LA and then I'm like, girl, you need to come to LA. And she's like, well, my husband place in Cleveland. I was like, we gonna just like I'm a manifested. The next thing, you know, he came to La.
Speaker 1: She was like, I'm coming to LA. I was like, what, But what was the thing? What was the thing that made you trust her? Because you clearly had been had up, you had walls up, probably protecting yourself from and rightfully, so I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I feel like it's the way people show up.
Speaker 2: You know, you can tell it's really in your corner, who really messed with you in a real way. Like I just think it was that and how she showed up for me and understanding like I was in the corner sitting quiet like and trying to get.
Speaker 1: The best out of me.
Speaker 3: So I think it was just that.
Speaker 2: And I think consistency. I think people don't realize how big consistency is in friendships and in relationships, Like, if you're not consistent, how do you really depend on somebody?
Speaker 1: It's crazy now because you're grown and we see you and le she got the good outfie on, y'all got your pots and stuff. But thinking of a seventeen year old girl seventeen is first of all, if you was a mother at eighteen is white. My mother was. My mother was a mother at eighteen, and now as an adult, when I think about that, because I got a twenty year old and a twenty three year old, I'm like, they can't have no faes absolutely, Like I don't know what what were you like at seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Just trying to figure it out. It was a lot going on. I was thankful though, to be home. I think that's that helped a lot. I was with my family still. I have my mom and dad and my sisters. My nephew was very much a foundation that I was able to lean on at that time. So it didn't bother me like not having external I guess relationships. Yeah, because my family was there. Obviously Lebron was there, so I'm like, cool, right.
Speaker 1: Here, I could be right here quiet. Yeah. My best friend too, it's from ACA, so I had her. You had her.
Speaker 2: That's good, so you kept your circle tight super yeah. Still still, I mean, you know, it's as adults.
Speaker 1: And you know, because you've been in the business a long time, it's like when you're popping, you're like a magnet for like, you know, opportunists, people want to get in the game, people who want to just be close to you because yeah, y'all pop it. Like you know. I just think as a young girl at seventeen eighteen, trying to navigate how to when to let people in must have been very challenging.
Speaker 3: It was, but I just didn't just to be honest, like I just didn't. Yeah, I just didn't.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't do a young girl that doesn't get like, I don't know, I like looking out the window, like what them girls doing out? Like what are they doing at the club? What they doing outside?
Speaker 3: This is pre social Oh okay too, Like there was no.
Speaker 2: Side in Ohio, don the street from where I grew up chilling raising my babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's like, it was fine, it was fine. And then hear this one come along.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys were gonna be friends and we're gonna be outside.
Speaker 1: Well, what was it about Savannah that you felt like?
Speaker 2: I think for me, I felt like I I saw a shell of a person because I was like, she's not that's not her real self. She's not this quiet. So I was like, see if it's true. Like and then I was just consistent, wanted the shell cracked. I was like, oh lord, this.
Speaker 1: Is doing that. She don't do that.
Speaker 3: This is a qualifier.
Speaker 1: What surprised you the most?
Speaker 2: I think, Oh my god, she's so layered. I think she just has so many facets of who she is, Like, you know, I think the world sees her as like this royal quiet like kind of you know, reserved person, and I think she is really a diamond. And I think when you shine light on it, it has a different facets to showing how people can look one way and you don't really know.
Speaker 3: And I think that is the importance.
Speaker 2: Of people keeping and making sure they're curious because I think you never know with someone's story, you know what you see is not And that's why we created Everybody's Crazy to be honest, because everybody thinks it looks like this. Like even when we walked in, you were like, where's the team?
Speaker 1: Were like, no, they came here, she's hair.
Speaker 2: I just think people believe one thing and they don't really know.
Speaker 1: But stop because y'all be having especially you you haven't Glam and Squad sometimes don't do that. I do enjoy it, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean I get my hair done and then I'm just improvised, like y'all gonna get what y'all gonna get. I'm not paying for Glam because I like the shop, like I'll I always say to her like, I was.
Speaker 3: Like that is expensive. She was like, that's not that expensive.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's a.
Speaker 3: Waste of money. We need to like there's small things I'm layered like that.
Speaker 2: I'm also layered, like I still go to pull her outside. I mean at CBS with cupons, Give me a cupons and you check out like wallet, I have the CBS.
Speaker 1: Yes, the accounts singing, and then you get yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't lie all right, I don't know, I don't care about but I do use it, Thank.
Speaker 3: You very much. CBS keybonds are the truth.
Speaker 1: Don't you understand this. I don't know if you had these, but remember with bed, Bath and Beyond you said, yes, you know the one percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said the year ine sell.
Speaker 1: To and you can also use them at home because double up yo. That is I mean like we said this. No way you know about any of this, girl, I don't know. How do you know? Come on, I mean tell.
Speaker 2: No, but you'll tell me about the sapphor sound like you're like, oh, it's twenty thirty. If you v I, I'm not VA, I'm VI I ps CDs. Yes, she told me, yes, she'll tell the CBS is no, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do. I use my account to get my email, get out and get out of the see that's the two of us. Hey guys. Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Being rebellious doesn't mean quitting your job and moving to an island. Sometimes being rebellious just means taking a few minutes to do exactly whatever it is you want to do. And that's where hard Rock Bet comes in, where your inner rebel plays. If you're in New Jersey or Michigan, the hard Rock Bet casino f has thousands of your favorite games from the casino floor, like slots, blackjack, roulette, whatever you like. And here's what I really appreciate from hard rock Bet. There's no nonsense. When you sign up, what you see is what you get. If you don't win in your first twenty four hours. After signing up, you get up to one thousand dollars back and casino bonus to play again. Plus you get five hundred bonus spins for cash eruption with winnings paid in cash. Now, Florida, listen up. Hard Rock Bet isn't forgetting about you guys. If you like slots, they have something for you too. Check out games powered by Pass Motor Racing. It's not a social casino. These are real money games that are thrilling, fun and exciting and You can play with as little as twenty cents, or you can try your luck at a bigger win all the way up to a million bucks. The best part again, there's no gimmicks. If you're a new customer in Florida, sign up and deposit ten dollars to get a one hundred dollars game bonus instantly. That's some extra fuel for your spins. So if you're ready to take some time for yourself today, download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit. That's the hard Rock Bet casino where your inner rebel plays. Can you go the regular stuck people? Can you walk around normal? Or do? People shouldn't? But I do?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 1: I do? I? But people like the other day we went to the Blue Note in La.
Speaker 2: To the Cashco Bain show, shout out the Cashco bank nice And I parked like I was coming from a nail appointment. And I just parked like I'm you.
Speaker 1: Went to this nail salon? No? Yeah, you so think Savannah Limbs the life of like I don't know, parting around. No, the nail girl comes to your bedroom.
Speaker 3: My nail girl hates doing in house stuff and can I enjoyed?
Speaker 1: I enjoy going to get my nails done.
Speaker 3: Also, she charged to ex yeah got it.
Speaker 1: Just give it though.
Speaker 2: But I came to the show and there's no valet at the Blue Note in La. So I'm like, damn, we're on the park. So driving around and find this little parking spot. This little man said, and I said, sir, how much is the park?
Speaker 1: He's like ten dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm like, great park. Go to the Blue Note. So I'm standing there waiting for April to get there, and I said, by yourself, Yeah, I see it's a car there, and the lady is selling cakes.
Speaker 3: She's like, I do this a lot.
Speaker 1: Hey, anybody ever tell you look like Savannah James.
Speaker 3: I'll be like I get that a lot.
Speaker 2: After the fact, I came out and another friend of ours is trying to help us, like where are you all park at? I'm gonna take you to the car, and I'm like, okay, it over here. So they're looking at me like, Savannah, you parked all the way over here, you walked over here. I'm like, yeah, Like, what's supposed to do? It's no valet? Like I drove myself.
Speaker 1: But I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just live I feel like our life is so abnormal. I try to keep it as normal as possible. That makes sometimes I go a little too far with it and be like, you know, you should have had security or somebody here with you, but try to stay nor heard you.
Speaker 1: What else does she do that's normal?
Speaker 2: I think most of our life is her life is normal. And I feel like we like direct Rightesshi, yeah we do, we do. We'd be doing what's the ratchet ship?
Speaker 1: You've done this this month?
Speaker 2: I would say the most ratchet would have been the Trap till the.
Speaker 1: Sun came Jesus, what was happening? Movie? Trap?
Speaker 3: And we came out the sun was on the rights Peo were like, so.
Speaker 1: We have the time.
Speaker 2: I think we do whatever we want to do, and I think Savannah normally is like, oh, let's try this, and we're like, let's treat it.
Speaker 1: Do you do this? Because you know, I have some friends that are like they can't go walk around, like Mary is one of my friends. So we go out. I always feel almost I almost feel like I'm jump into like security mode, like I become the friend. It's not just in like security, like is she okay? But I also am very protective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like that of like and we make sure security set up, everything set up.
Speaker 1: Like but not just that, but I mean, like, you know, when you have access or things, it's like a lot of opportunity opportunists, other friends, new friends.
Speaker 3: I think we give welcoming you knowing up on us.
Speaker 2: I'm looking like, no, it's okay, we don't give welcoming.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think we do.
Speaker 1: Who more so than the other he's.
Speaker 3: A nice one. I'd be like, ma'am no, Like I'm jet I'm not.
Speaker 2: She's like hey, hi, oh, I'm like no.
Speaker 1: Come on, Savannah, let's go see. Yeah, so you're the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's chatting and let's go. No, nobody taking no pictures of us nowhere. Let's get out of here. Like that's why no one ever sees anything. It's given dodging weave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you become then the dynamic? Make you become then like the protector?
Speaker 2: In some ways, I just feel like innately, I'm not really that welcoming.
Speaker 3: I don't give what is that?
Speaker 1: Why is that? I just don't think I'm a.
Speaker 3: Chatter like that.
Speaker 2: I'm very protective of my personal energy, so I'm not like, oh my god, hi, and I'm not fake. So if I don't like it, I'll be like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you can't do that. I'm like, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Like I'll go sit in the corner and be doing whatever, she be chatting with whatever, and I'll be like, Okay, they come over chat with me.
Speaker 1: I said, no, keep chatting with her.
Speaker 3: She's gonna chat with you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Then you start wanting to drink the alcohol said, I said, no, you get out calling.
Speaker 3: Like that is funny.
Speaker 1: It works, So it's okay. So what is the key then, to each of you? What do you think it takes to be a good good friend or to a long lasting to have a long friendship.
Speaker 2: It's a very clear level of understanding. I can sometimes disappear. I need to recharge my social batteries on e so I'll just disappear and people be looking for me and all the things you Savannah, just just not looking at my phone, not responding, not doing the things that people typically do. And I think that it comes with a level of that understanding that you know, sometimes I need my space just personally, and then the grace that your friend is able to show you, like Okay, I get where she is right now, let me give her a minute. I think very clear level of understanding for me is where a good friendship.
Speaker 1: And your best friend too, that you grew up with. You've been friends for.
Speaker 3: My whole life, your whole life for almost forty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so how have you had to I don't know what have you learned about that?
Speaker 3: With that?
Speaker 2: I think you have to be mindful of meeting people where they are and going with them on their journey and loving them through all of the things that they go through. I mean life be life in and I think that just being there to be honest as a sounding board or whatever. I live in La, she's in Ohio. So we don't speak every day, but when we do, it's really just catching up exactly where we left off.
Speaker 3: It's nothing weird, it's nothing like it's just everything is just normal.
Speaker 1: When you have a friend like that, it becomes almost like fam I have one two meter. We've been best friends since we're eight years old, so you could imagine, yeah, this big age she knows about me. I forgot. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But I think it's becomes almost like a family member, where if you don't talk for a month. It's like your cousin or your sister, You're still gonna jump right back into that, which is good. What about you? What do you got?
Speaker 2: I takes friendship very seriously, Like I'm not really plain about my friends, so there's no in between for me, Like I don't have associates none, like and you know, like sometimes when you talk to people and they're like, oh, it's tiered friends, you know, like this is my top tier. Now all my friends are on the same level, They're on the same playing field. For me, it is consistency and how you show up and how you support me and the things that I fall short on, and then how I can do the same for you is so important. I feel like as you evolve, you need different things at different times in your life, and your friend has to almost be able to meet you there. But I also think radical honesty, Like I think sometimes people are in relationships and friendships that are just not honest, Like people are like, oh, I don't really want to say that, or like that's going to hurt that person's feelings, or you say it yeah, And I also want someone to say it to me, because I think that allows you to grow, and I think a lot of people don't want to live in that space.
Speaker 1: They like, I think, well, because sometimes radical honesty requires like a level of confrontation, yes, and some people do not like that.
Speaker 2: But I mean, then what is friendship? What is relationship if you can't have real conversation? I'm like, what are we talking about? That's why I don't have any in between friends because you want me to say some shit?
Speaker 1: Are you delusional? Like that's how I feel. I'm like, are you okay? Give me an example of what that looks like? Though? Like really, like what does that mean when you say honesty with your friends? Are you're telling them they their hair looks bad? Yeah? What's something you told? What was a radical piece of honesty you gave? Savannah?
Speaker 2: I'm like, you can't be on calls not saying nothing like that's sitting there, sitting there looking like I'm like, smile, do something, engage a little bit, like you're killing me, Like all right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna work on it, you know.
Speaker 3: But but she.
Speaker 1: Takes it well.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you have to because it's only it is we're in business together. So like what I'm you know, then it looks like the partnership is lopsided when it's not, because when the door's closed, she'd be like, all right, let me tell you. And I'm like, well, why didn't you say that on the pall if you had an opinion?
Speaker 1: Why didn't What is it? What did you get to? Is it shy or is it just you're used to like I'm not letting people in or what. I don't know. I don't think it's that.
Speaker 2: I think it's just that I am not really like when I said the pod is an exercise for using my voice, I'm in that, Like I really would prefer to just be like.
Speaker 1: And then come back like that was some dumb ass shit. That's what she be doing.
Speaker 3: You thought it was dumbing You was sitting there.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm like, I thought that she was crazy and I was popping off. Also, we just did an exercise. We did it enneagram exercise. Explain I so you answer all of these questions. It's like thirty minutes worth of question to answer. Oh the god, No, we did it in private, okay, yes, and this is is one through nine. And you are this certain type of person, that's the way that you show up. Oh yes, I'm a quiet peacemaker y, So on the calls, I would prefer to say, hmm, okay, I get that, I understand, and then go back and be like, this is what I really think because I don't remember if on no feathers right, and I'm an active controller, so I'm like, the fuck is happying?
Speaker 1: Wait? Tell me about this personality.
Speaker 3: You need to take it. What It's called an enneagram test.
Speaker 2: Anyogram I've heard you like, what kind of person you are, how you see the world, what are the questions?
Speaker 3: Where are you? It's like, how do you make decisions?
Speaker 2: So a lot of people make decisions, Well, people make decisions gut, hard or head. I'm gut, Savannah is hard, right, so I'll be like, no, she's like, oh some time.
Speaker 1: Not happening. I don't make it so.
Speaker 2: And then some people are head, which means they come from like a knowledge standpoint of like head, I think you do, I do based on what that's my gut.
Speaker 1: I have gut to you don't think. I think your heart. I think the same little gut to know just like a.
Speaker 2: Like a of course, we probably all have a little bit of all things.
Speaker 1: But what do you lead with? I guess you think that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't think you haven't been able to lead like that, but I think that's what you really are.
Speaker 1: In my natural state. My natural state is a little bit different than what my career has correct forced me to become. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So I would like to I would You're right, you're good. Oh my god, why I don't take that drink from that girl? My most natural state, I would probably like to be on the call and be like, yeah, I would like to do that too, but I don't have the luxury of that. And also, I'm trying to do this certain ship and you're can probably you're probably experiencing some of this too. Yeah, sure, well you're like, that's my natural state. But if I want to get from A to B, I have to show up differently. I'm gonna show up differently. I'm gonna show and so I think the training that I've had over the past whatever thirty years.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's also the conversation we have when I when she's on the call like quiet, and I'm like, hey, you gotta say somebody you know, And so this.
Speaker 1: Is like fully pushing you out of your comfort zone way.
Speaker 3: But I'm prepared and I think it's time.
Speaker 1: You think it's time, do you have to like consult with because and forgive me if I think of this wrong, like you keep saying, are you okay that has to run things by a council like they probably would like me to. They would like you to mind, I imagine, because it's not just you represent your family really yeah, you know, so it's not like you're moving through the world by yourself. So if you do, if you go wild and you go rogue, you get into some crazy ass, it doesn't just affect you, it affect your family. So you have to kind of, I don't know, navigate it, navigate that. Yeah, I think they will love me too.
Speaker 2: But I think at the end of the day, they know that I'm not going to do anything that's going to jeopardize anything that has been built today. So I think there's a certain level of trust there. I mean, so far, it's been so far with so much support. So yeah, they love How do the.
Speaker 1: Kids feel, like, does everybody do they like seeing you in this way? Like Mom's out doing potting and interviewing. Do not care? They don't care? No, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, they're supportive as well, but like as a check in, they just be like, oh, you gotta go to work, what you gotta go do? Like that, but supportive like the boys. Well, Zuri and Bryce have called into the pot, so that's nice.
Speaker 1: It's so cute. And Briannie is.
Speaker 3: Doing his own thing. Brinnie is twenty one and Thugan he's.
Speaker 1: Outside, not twenty one and Thugan he is living his best life. And Lebron won't call it or you don't want him to call it. He's called.
Speaker 2: Oh he has called, he's called, he's called, and he was on He's live, he's come on live with us, and he's super supportive. I think it's so nice. Yeah, well we're like we don't. I don't know nothing about basketball, not a thing.
Speaker 1: Shut up. So how do you work with all these guys and you don't know?
Speaker 2: It's okay. I've been to three games in my whole life, and.
Speaker 1: You got a first. You can probably get you good tickets. Yeah, she'd been writing me all the time, like girl.
Speaker 3: Lebron's like, don't bring her to the game.
Speaker 5: She talked too much because I've been over there talking game and playing like you too, are just chatting, like watch the game, So I feel like just basketball and I'm just thinking it's not where.
Speaker 3: I want to spend my time in the.
Speaker 1: So what have you What have you guys learned about I don't know, because, like you said, its out of your comfort zone and you never did a pod. I mean, you know this is not fully out of your comfort zone in terms of you know, I don't know, just but I do.
Speaker 3: I think I've always been behind the camera, That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I think for us, it's not so much about us, though I think a lot of people think that it is or we did it because of that. I think the way we see the world and the way a lot of other people see the world is just very different. And I think we want to show more of a human side of like, no one has it together, no one like, no one is exempt of hardship, no one in life like whatever your hardship may be, no one is there to judge. But I think just bringing some humanity to like how people are seeing the world and just understanding the pressure people are under and even when you have the most resources, when you're evolving is hard like, and I think when you bring conversation to it, it makes people feel like they're not alone, you know, and I think that's why we feel.
Speaker 1: Like you were born to do this, though, but you jump right into it like I don't know you.
Speaker 2: Just I feel like we're comfortable with each other. If it was someone else, I don't think I would be.
Speaker 1: But even now, you're like, you're doing interviews, you're doing press, you're.
Speaker 3: Outside, girl, let's let's let's dress. Stress.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Who stressed? You? Are you a boat?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: More than anything? Stress, because I feel like today like, why tell me, let's let's talk.
Speaker 3: I'd rather just be behind my computer making a lot of money.
Speaker 1: So then why are you doing it?
Speaker 2: Because of what I just said, I think the humanity and also to be honest, even this is curated, we could have went on a million pods.
Speaker 3: We wanted you like that's the.
Speaker 2: Reality like this because of my heart, because because of who you are, because of the story I know of you, because of the mom your story, the way you tell your story. I think we are intentional with every move we make. If people think we're not your delusion. If you think that, we don't think about it. We've never gone on anybody else's pod. So like when we started talking about doing this. We were very select on who that we want to tell our story with because I think there is a level of integrity and like how people tell stories is really important.
Speaker 3: So I think for me, I'm.
Speaker 2: Nervous because doing it is more is bigger than us. I think people look at us and like, oh my god, celebrities or whatever, talent or whatever, and I think it's so much bigger than that. I think what me and Savannah are trying to do and build is really for other people to see that they are not alone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I get that. What about you? What is this?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Does this feel normal to you yet? Nope? Still really so? I still I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think she says it a lot of like are you okay? I still think it's interesting that people even want to talk to me like really, yeah, are you okay?
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Bring you on because I got questions are you okay?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Are you okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I do think to echo April, what we're building is way bigger than us, and I think it's only the tip of the iceberg at this point.
Speaker 1: What is the goal what is the ever Like, what do you what do you want to build? What are you trying to build?
Speaker 2: So we're we are ultimately the end goal is we're going to have a holding company and all of our businesses will roll into it. So crown and conquer. Everybody's crazy, let it break. And I think what we're trying to build is just a place for people to understand that you can grow, you can laugh, you can be yourself, you can be authentic, you can put creative in the world for communities that are not represented, and you can still just be human. Like none of this matters without people, period, Like this show doesn't exist without your viewers hitting us and you know watching I think everything is bigger than just two people, you know what I mean. And I think a lot of times people don't operate from that place. So I think everything we're touching is intentional. That we want impact. We want to see women thrive and grow. We want to see people realize that they're not alone, and we want to support other women like you and other women around us doing great things because it's rare. I think we act like this is normal. This is not normal.
Speaker 1: None of it's normal.
Speaker 3: None of it's normal what we're doing.
Speaker 2: None of it is normal. And I think a lot of times a lot of women like dim themselves. But I said, I said to Savannah an other day, I'm like, this is big, and it's okay to be big, you know, And I think both of us have been not okay to be big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talk about that too here sometimes like main character energy, yeah, right, Like you know I have friends who are in they might do glam or they do your supportive roles. Yes, so you play the role and sometimes you know it's a struggle to pop out of a supportive role. Yeah, I mean you have and you have one to pop out of a supportive role and jump into main character energy. You know what I'm saying. I wonder for you guys if there's if that feels natural.
Speaker 2: The last year being in fear, what do you mean, like in fear about everything we're working on? What I'd be like, what the fuck? To men like girl, we can do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're the we could do it. I would think she would be that we could do it, So we can do it all the time. We can do that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whoa, that's always say what my body what, don't worry about it. We gonna do it, Like what this is all day? We can do it.
Speaker 3: And I'm always.
Speaker 1: Like, huh oh.
Speaker 3: It took me so long to wrap my head around it.
Speaker 1: Like you feel are you feeling? Do you feel main character? And that you feels out?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I feel ready?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I feel like, We're ready?
Speaker 1: What about you? I agree? Was there a transition for you though?
Speaker 3: Like huge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me about transition a little bit.
Speaker 3: The biggest transition came to me when my daughter says she wanted to be like me? What like why? But she said it when she was.
Speaker 1: Like six, and she's like, I'm like, why do you want to be like me?
Speaker 2: She's like, because you dance and you dressed and you do your makeup and all things that are feeling to a six year old. It just it scared me. And I'm like, I having the boys and being a mom and in that role and killing it in the way that I did, I was okay, well your mom shite period. And then when I had a daughter, I had to show up differently, like she's watching me. The boys ain't care, they like want to play basketball and whatever, but it's really somebody that's sitting there watching every move that I make, and what in my going to do to show her that she's worthy of whatever she wants to do?
Speaker 1: So is that your mova when you get uncomfortable, when you get uncomfortable hopping into main character energy.
Speaker 2: Like yes, yeah, at the end of the day, I'm like, it's not about me, even though it is about me as well, because I think it's it's therapy for me as well.
Speaker 1: But it's it's fine. What has surprised you about that transition is anything?
Speaker 3: It's actually not that bad.
Speaker 1: It's not It's really not that bad. No.
Speaker 3: I think I was more so worried.
Speaker 2: That I'm starting to see the beauty and making a mistake and learning from it as opposed to making a mistake and being judged for it. So I think that that's all that. Yeah, just to be like fuck it. If it happened and it go wrong, then okay.
Speaker 1: What did you learn? Did you learn them?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 1: Right? Keep it moving? Yeah? Yeah, because growth comes from the fuck ups? Yeah, big time. How are you gonna fuck up? If you're so worried about sucking up in front of everybody and then you're like stuck. I'm sucking up all the time. I'm like, oh, fucks up? Can I keep it moving? I fuck up regularly. Yeah, I hate it still. Yeah it's never get easy, but it never gets easy.
Speaker 2: But I feel like just embracing that is not going to be exactly how you envisioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and going with the flow. Tell me a time, each of you tell me a time were the other one when you were becoming friends and you realize this this she's a real one, Like tell me a time when you had to show up or actually, you tell me a time Savannah showed up for you in a way that was meaningful.
Speaker 2: To a lot on the phone, which people just we don't see each other a lot, like people are like, how often do y'all hang out?
Speaker 3: We were like, I like to work, I get to business.
Speaker 2: So I mean we talk FaceTime a lot and we catch up a lot.
Speaker 1: On the phone.
Speaker 2: And I think that that became like a security blanket for me that I didn't realize I needed. So like just being able to call invent or say something about my job or work or parenting. It was like I was like, oh, it's like being in like a little bootleg.
Speaker 1: Partnership, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, and she always was with the shit. I'm like, do you want to go to Paris?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, girl, let's go to Paris. Do you want to go to Bla, Yeah, come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. She do anything, like we could go anywhere.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So it was like limitless.
Speaker 2: I think that that's when I started to realize that, like all a lot was more possible than I really believe. So I think it was consistently over time, and then like two years ago. I've always felt like she knew me. But two years ago I went through a breakup and I was like at my office and I was sad, and she just came to the office and I was like, what are you?
Speaker 3: She like never leaves her house, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Can give me a huck?
Speaker 2: And I just was sappy and crying and amazing, and it felt so good to just like not say what I needed, but someone just knowing. And I feel like I slowly had that over the seventeen years we've been friends. And then in that moment, I was like, Oh, she's just showing up because she knows that this is like hard and she and I was like, you just came here now, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: What were you worried about her? Yeah? Yeah, it was a hard it was a hard time breakup suck. Yeah, And you said, I'm gonna get in the car, i'mna drive over there.
Speaker 2: I brought her lunch on my way.
Speaker 1: What about what about the time she showed up for you? You got one of those?
Speaker 2: Mmm, It's been so many times I think she shows up for me. It's not necessarily crisis mode. It's just her Like she has a way with words that is like did you like study? Like how did you come? How did you put that together? Like that, just in a way that anything is happening. And I feel like with any situation, I can go to her and she's going to get me exactly what I need at that time, just talking to me.
Speaker 3: And she doesn't get fired up. I get fired up. I'm like, and you say it, and you gonna say this, and you're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, ah, wait a minute, brother, I could record and I record and tell and say that and do that because she she's like, doesn't get upset.
Speaker 1: There's so many instances.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes you meet people in life that are like soulmates, and I think people don't realize you can have soulmate friends. I have too, and they both have come later in life, which has been surprising. And I think soul maate is so attributed to a man a lot of times, Yah, it's not attributed to friendships and like some because I feel like people a lot of times don't value friendship like they're like, oh, I could people be inclined to get rid of the man before or get rid of a friend and stay with somebody that they shouldn't be with, like and never work on the friendship. And friendships need work too, you know what I mean. So I think it is like a soul mat connection. Like people are like you, guys are so in sync. I don't think we we realize, but we're in sync. But I think we don't work on that. I think that's just natural and you can have that with people. If you allow yourself to be vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Then how do you have time either one of you? How many kids?
Speaker 4: You have?
Speaker 1: Two kids? Two kids?
Speaker 2: I make a lot of time. People make time for what they want to make time for somebody. Oh, I'm so busy. I'm like, what, No, you don't know busy.
Speaker 1: We all do be busy.
Speaker 2: Though you'll be busy. But I think you see who you want to see when you want to see it.
Speaker 1: I'll be doing the ship I wanted to do. I do because by the way I started golfing, I really wish you would go. Do you hate it because your husband golfs? Do you hate it because your husband golfs? You try?
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 1: When I saw that he started golfing, I was like, I hope Savannah golfs too. You haven't even tried it? Just crazy, is okay?
Speaker 2: I've been a top golf not the same, but I really can hit them all. Like I feel like that's part.
Speaker 1: Of it because you're athletic, right, you get you know, but no golf. But you don't see what do you mean it's the greatest port ever.
Speaker 3: For six months, I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: No, I love it. I could go so slow. People like, how do you find the time? I was like, no, I fucking find the time, Manna, I don't have it. And that's what I find.
Speaker 3: That's a crazy amount of time.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I find it early? That's what I mean. I do it from seven to ten if I have to or whatever, and I get it in you know, not all the time, but a couple of times a week I go what, No, I golf?
Speaker 6: That's crazy, I know, are you okay, I'm crazy. I'm like okay, but I love it though, like all my guy friends.
Speaker 2: And now please go try one time with your husband. And he loves it so much, like I so much. But he liked to go to seven am t times. That's not mine.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna do it because you don't. You're not even it doesn't even make you interested, Like what is this new thing that he loves so much and you don't care?
Speaker 3: You like, go ahead, No, my dad played golf my whole life growing up.
Speaker 1: I've never been with him.
Speaker 2: Oh he's taking it up. My son's played like my daughter.
Speaker 1: Your daughter's into it. Now, it's still nothing. They like, you can come drive the car. What fun is that?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 1: That's not fun. No, that's not fun. I gotta be the DJ and drive the car.
Speaker 3: Maybe one day, give it a try.
Speaker 1: So what is your thing? Because the thing for golf for me was like, I don't know, It's like I never really had a hobby. I worked so much all the time, and then I had, you know, then then I was a mom and it was like I didn't have a thing that was just because I love to do it. It's a real thing to add that to your life. I don't know. I just wonder if you guys have found anything that's that for you. Some people are some people what is your thing? What I mean?
Speaker 2: I do a lot of like mental and body work. Like I'm with all the all the all the ships.
Speaker 3: There talking about that's doing a medicine journey.
Speaker 2: I'm going on going to Hoffman doing all the like unconventional things retreats, a body retreat in Rome, Like I'm just doing all the things like that, like out of the box. I don't watch TV, I don't watch movies. Like I like a lot of quiet time with myself. So I mean, I feel like just making sure my body feels good so that my mental remains strong is really important. And I do really enjoy being around friends. So I'm always curating some a karaoke night, a night in the studio, doing this, doing that, Like I love a little something like that is out of the box, going to the museum, things that we don't traditionally do. I'm always curating something. I'm like, hey, let's go to the cash go Bain show at Blue Note, Let's go here, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Like I'm always.
Speaker 2: Doing little things and the arts is really important for me, like being in the art space, volunteering, supporting, like giving back, Like so that is important for me.
Speaker 1: What you're doing, Savannah, what you're doing for fun, Phillia Soul. I like the gone walk.
Speaker 3: Every like a poet, like a long walk around l A.
Speaker 1: I like to do pilates. You doing those like, uh, you know those walks, those hikes, those can o No, just walk four miles four miles.
Speaker 2: I like pilates. I also enjoy body work. I like all things health and wellness. But I like pottery too. If I had the space, pottery, If I had the space, I would have a pottery studio.
Speaker 1: Like what like what are you making? Though?
Speaker 2: Like I would to make everything so right now, I know how to make a bowl in a mug, but I got I could make you a bowl in a mug handle?
Speaker 1: No nice, nice, Yeah, I gotta see. I'll send it to you, all right, A bowl the bug? What do you what is the dream?
Speaker 2: What is the I just want to make that for for He was like like myself, and then what is it?
Speaker 1: What is the thing. Why do you like it?
Speaker 2: Like it's relaxing. It's very like, yeah, kind of got to lock in to do it.
Speaker 1: It's probably a similar thing because I always say with golf, it's like I'm not multi It's the one thing, the only thing I do where I'm not multitasking. You can't be golfing and on the phone or or on the whatever. It's like, this is I'm trying to hit this ball. I don't want to hear nobody talking. But it's also quiet. It's quiet your feet in the grass, you're touching. You know what I'm saying. It's nice. I'm like low key trying to recruit y'all. But you.
Speaker 3: Will comes support, you know.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to people. And then I thought maybe because Lebron was golfing. He looks like he really loves it, like he got the bug bad, right? Is in it? Yeah? In it? He just came from Scotland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy golf course in Scotland.
Speaker 1: Is he getting better any better? Yeah? It looks a little better on the the swing looks a little bits coming along. Yeah, okay, is crazy. He has like a golf like pet, like specific golf piece. Shut the Hell up, I need that. That's what I need. Yeah, I'm not need a golf The fact that I know that his swing has gotten better.
Speaker 3: How would you know that?
Speaker 1: Because I golf, so I could tell there's a thing. There's as How good are you? No, I'm not good at all, but I I mean I'm good for somebody who's only been golfing for a little less than four years, right, and so people have been golfing their whole life. Yeah, so if somebody who's been golfing three or four years, I'm pretty good. But I'm not going pro every in my life.
Speaker 3: So are people going pro?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you're never going to be that good. You're always going to be like you know, it's very interesting in men. I'm not interesting. All right, Fine, my recruiting has failed today. Fuck me? What about motherhood?
Speaker 3: You have two two two boys twenty three and sixteen?
Speaker 1: How old were How old are you when you became one? So?
Speaker 2: I was my oldest is my stepson I adopted and he was ten My youngest I had when I was twenty nine.
Speaker 1: But are you ready to grow? Grown? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then but still changes, everything changes everything. Yeah, And I just think you constantly evolve. Like, I think raising kids and giving them a life that you didn't have comes with pluses and minuses, you know, Like I'm just I think that has been the hardest thing for me at this age, like not not trying to raise entitled kids, but in a lot of ways they are entitled because of the life they live, Yeah, and struggling. Like there's something about grit that made me like who I am? Yeah, for sure, And I think it's hard to give that to kids that are not in a certain type of environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's for anybody who's like you're raising anybody who's raising children who didn't grow up there's like no blueprint for you. No, if I grew up, if my kids grew up the same way I did, I wouldn't know how my mother did it exactly. But I don't know how to do this. And it also, Yeah, you want to give them more, but you want them to work, and you want them to have accountability, and you want them to care about things. Your kids you can't even there's no blueprint for you at all, zero right through any of this. So how do you navigate that? Because you grew up out like middle class.
Speaker 3: I have a siblings, but I'm the youngest by eleven years, so it's like yours mine ours stack.
Speaker 1: The situation.
Speaker 2: Sharing, yeah, sharing, but definitely the baby treated as the baby. All boys girls, two boys, two girls, and then me. But I mean, I guess for me, I had, like I said before, I had my family as my foundation, so that helped a lot being in Ohio and having them around to give me or just to help me with raising them. Yeah, I was also very young. I ain't know what that.
Speaker 1: So, but you know now, I mean you've done.
Speaker 2: It for sure, for sure, and I do think there's a certain level of keeping things normal that worked for us.
Speaker 1: How could you even possibly do that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's the way that Lebron and I show up in the house like we did have safety precautions, like we had security and things like that, just because the world is how the world is. But other than that, we moved around like we would be.
Speaker 3: We're just normal. Like I don't really know how to explain.
Speaker 2: I think you do a good job with it, Like even with Zori, like every summer she goes back to Ohio with my r grandparents, and like I feel like there is a grounding that innately they have that is a actual gift, you know, like there is a sense of normalcy and not everything is for show and not everything is like these are all the things I got and this is how it looks to the world. I think Savannah has been really good at like protecting that. And Zori is now eleven, and she has such an innocence that's so beautiful. Like I think a lot of people sometimes being in the limelight your kids can lose that, and she has that.
Speaker 3: Like every time I'll be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my gosh, she's so cute, a little.
Speaker 2: Like still a little girl, like not growing up before her time, not trying to do all the things. She has a rule we always argue, but no cell phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm tea.
Speaker 2: I'm on the line right now. Teetering a little bit with giving it to her when she's twelve, cause she's a girl, she's the baby, so she could get it a year.
Speaker 1: Thirteen solid And what is the reasoning behind that? What is the thinking?
Speaker 2: I just feel like they're a little bit more understanding of the responsibility of having a fu.
Speaker 3: I just think thirteen is a good age.
Speaker 1: Was that scary for you when you when it happened.
Speaker 2: No, because they were able to get phones at thirteen, but no social media know anything like.
Speaker 1: That until fifteen fifteen. Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 2: So when Brownie first got his social we sat there and watched the like following it was crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, see, this is.
Speaker 2: Why he was not ready for that two years ago. Yeah, no, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: How did he manage it? At fifteen? He was good? Yeah, he was good, And I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: He's kind of like me in that way, like it's like you can have it or not, Like it's just you know, one of those things.
Speaker 1: So I think personality wise, yeah yeah, yeah. Did what about like the fame part of it? How do you navigate that, like especially with the kids too, and keeping them normal because fame is a weird thing. I mean you were young coming in and it's weird. Your experience of fame, I'd imagine it's different than it's like you didn't choose that. It's not like you, like I want to go be an actress, so I want to like you just living in your your life and then fame is put on put on you. Yeah, was it ever any struggles with that or navigating that?
Speaker 2: I guess navigating it just to figure out how I wanted to like what my version of fame is.
Speaker 3: Was a process.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest. I think us starting in Ohio was a blessing because I really feel like that is what kept us super rounded in.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. I don't even know even Miami.
Speaker 2: Miami was different, like that was the first time that either one of us had left home.
Speaker 1: That was an experience I could imagine Miami, I know, going on here. But yeah, but you know how stayed in toast Does that make you closer when you're like.
Speaker 2: For sure like being able to go to I mean the markets that we are in the market that we're in now, in the market that we were in in Miami, it's like if you don't have each other and standing like together through this, like it's going.
Speaker 1: To go to shit, Like this is not gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we did come closer in that time just because we knew what it was.
Speaker 1: It's too much attention or too much.
Speaker 2: I think it was all the things, all the things so much more access. I mean, we were in Cleveland, like much going on in Cleveland. I love, I love where I'm from I'm from Accro, But you know, it's just slow and it's it's you know, manageable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not that Miami is not so much.
Speaker 2: No, so everywhere, it's everywhere, every every corner you turn. So being able to be grounded in our home and then in our relationship definitely helped. Yeah. But I think for me, Miami is there was a transition that happened to me in Miami personally, So I appreciate Miami for what it had to offer for me during that time.
Speaker 1: Do you mean like young when you say transition.
Speaker 2: Like going from I believe like a young girl to like a young like a young woman to a woman in Miami.
Speaker 1: Were you Grays friends at that point? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Already Yeah, yeah, that was I got married there, ye proposed to there in Miami. Well, I didn't get married in Miami, but like we were living in Miami when we got married, got it. So I think those those transitions like helped. So it's just always kind of a special place for me.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me because told me the story of the reader, Can you tell me the story why was he involved or at your engagement so involved in your engagement. I mean always the thing is happening by happenstance, he was involved. Tell me, tell me about this engagement and why was there.
Speaker 2: So we were at a New Year's Eve party at the Shelbourne or the Short Clubs, one of them, one of them hotels in Miami, and it was like this whole thing. I was getting dressed with Gabrielle that day and I wanted to wear this black dress and this hot pink lipstick, and Cab is like, I don't think you should wear that lipstick. And I'm like, girl, I've been looking at this lipstick.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing this liftick. So she's like, okay, knowing yes, she knew yes. So we're at the party.
Speaker 3: Countdown happened, a girl's girl, come the countdown happens.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year. We come back.
Speaker 2: I'm on my phone texting like all my people Happy New Year or whatever, and Lebron is behind me, tapping me on my shoulder, like just tapping. I'm like, hold up, So somebody on this side of me, because like now it's like a like a crowd. So somebody says, Savannah, turn around, and I turned around and he was on his be Oh my god, mind you Miami was it was.
Speaker 1: It was a time. So in that instance, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I just busted out crying and he did his speech and put the bring on and I say yes, and he like, okay, go get yourself together because.
Speaker 1: You're looking crazy.
Speaker 3: I was all.
Speaker 1: The pink. It was awful.
Speaker 3: I wish I never would have Warren that lipstick. I should have listened to Gap.
Speaker 2: But I go in the bathroom and the doors are closed, like locked. So I'm like, they're like knocking, like can we please get in here?
Speaker 1: Please get in here? And Joe opened up the door like oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: Because I'm balling like he don't know what to say, so they're like, oh, she just got proposed to.
Speaker 1: So he's like, oh, okay, you can come in. I'm sorry, congratulations. Does he know who you are or maybe you know?
Speaker 2: But he was just like because I'm like, I look like something had happened something.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, is this like a public party, like in a club like mad People? It was here. It was a curated party, public but public. He thought this was a good this was a good time. He thought, at this public function, this is where I'm gonna do it. This, this is all these years, because you have been together years at that point, right, ten years already, and he thought, right now, this club in Miami with this pink lipstick on, I'm gonna get on his knee. So you had no idea, zero, no idea. Whoa, but you know what's gonna happen. Usually when you get engaged, you kind of know it. You didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I had no idea. Really, yeah, you got.
Speaker 1: Me and then there was fed Joe in the bathroom and you were crying, balling.
Speaker 3: He looked at me, like the hell, like the going over here like she just got engaged.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh oh oh, congratulations. And you had already had two of them already, you already had two kids. So what did that? What does that transition feel like in that moment, like this marriage changed anything? Or I don't think so. Really you already committed in like a family unit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the only thing that happened is I said I wasn't having no more kids until we got married.
Speaker 1: It was it? Do you put that all down? That was it? Yeah? The milk you bought the milk already.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it to get.
Speaker 1: That that's amazing. Shout out to Joe that picture.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he does not have. That was crazy. How the Gab know in advance the whole plan.
Speaker 1: Lebron has spoken to d D Toe Gab.
Speaker 2: Gab was like my liaison for today, so I kind of hung with her all day. The guys had some kind of meeting or something practice or something, so I was basically with her shopping and doing all the things and got to the hotel to get time.
Speaker 1: It was so fun. Mimi was it seems like from the outside, you guys had like a I don't know, it was Gab and Adrian Adrian and I don't know. It feels like a good wife crew. It was a good wife girl.
Speaker 2: Very different from my experience that I had had before that, very different.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure there's a unique way and that you guys have to show up for each other that only you guys.
Speaker 2: Understand for sure. Yeah, those girls are great. That was that was a part of that transition as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you keep those friendships, the friendships.
Speaker 2: Like that not as close knit just because I mean, we didn't have a choice then, but we still definitely chat. But life at YEP and everybody's in different places now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm sure those bonds are forever, Yeah, forever. What a time? All right, we have a couple segments we gotta do. We're gonna do our little secretions of voice note and then like the bowl. And so when you guys do your podcast, do you do like a whole bunch of like prep or do you guys just get in the chair. So we're evolving. No prep. You don't have cards when you do your pod? No, no, we had we try cards.
Speaker 2: One time we tried cards on the Boyfriend episode and it didn't works.
Speaker 3: Savannah was like, you did not read your cards.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was just weird and I was nervous.
Speaker 3: No, we're we're prepping now because.
Speaker 1: We always what was the boyfriend episode?
Speaker 2: We did Phantom Kay Sinnett, Lebron and Taco. It was so great. I think again another we're gonna do another one. But I think just being able to hear from guys in their perspective around like dating and like how people see things. It's so wild, like when you really sit down and talk about it, it's just so many different perspectives.
Speaker 3: And we wanted guys from different age groups.
Speaker 2: So like Kai was on the younger side, Phantom younger side, Taco is in his thirties, Lebron obviously forty like so it was a lot of different perspectives, Like the younger guys talked more about dating, but also being in relationships. What you expect in partnership, how people view partnership like also wild.
Speaker 3: Interesting the evolution of partnership.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes pods though, too, they challenge you to talk about things that what didn't normally talk about, even with like your friends. Sometimes other people watch something and she'd be like I didn't know. Yes, Like she'll watch my pot and she'll hear me talk about something and be like, yes, I didn't know that happened. I'm like, yeah, yeah, what do you mean? Yeah? I wondered, like, if you're interviewing your husband, does he say something that you're like absolutely like running back? Yeah, I was like, you say, what did he say on the pod? That's surprised you? What's the feel? I mean, it's a clip now that's.
Speaker 2: Going here going viral about him saying where he is now at forty, he couldn't have a significant other that when he came home was on the couch and I'm like, yeah, I think that that was also news to me. Yeah, but also on the couch is not they clipped it up.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about like.
Speaker 2: He was talking about evolving and where where you are in life, but like what does that even mean if someone's a mom, No one is on the couch. But also then that's the thing, that's how they took it, like Y's not working, Yeah, not working, not doing anything. But it's so crazy, like the opinions, and I don't I'm again don't pay a lot of things in his mind.
Speaker 1: So like she was like, did you see the e clip? I looked at it.
Speaker 2: I was like, and then the comments are crazy and it's so interesting, like we're just sitting around and doing shit, Like are you out of your fucking mind? Like that's the thing like, because somebody may be more reserved, is perceived as you're not doing anything, which is crazy to me because the people that are showing everything a lot of times we're not doing.
Speaker 1: What he MEANU, I didn't see the whole clip, but did you mean like lazy somebody who was lazy or somebody basically I mean he's up super early, like he well his work ethic is next level and I can't even unmatched.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, but again it's he.
Speaker 1: Has to be inspiring to wayes even somebody work with him or even as his wife, like watching somebody's work ethics very much so, but never get that before the sun comes up, You're not doing that. You're not that inspired me.
Speaker 2: I'm up at the crack of dawn. Like minute, I love the morning, love love. She like, I admire it. I think it's amazing. You get a lot done, you use all of your hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: She's like, don't call me, I'll be right here, Yes, right here, don't call me, but also doesn't feel bad about that, like she lives in her truth and you can live in your truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I think with this social media makes it everything perceived in a certain type of way and allows you to perceive it how you wanted to be able to make your own notion about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it's.
Speaker 3: A lot of misconceptions about stay at home mom's.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, you ever sign up for a phone plan thinking wow, what a great price, and then a few months later it's like, surprise, your bill is higher. We hate that with Boost Mobile. You pay twenty five dollars a month forever. That's unlimited talk, text, and data starting at just twenty five dollars a month. There's no price hikes, there's no contract, and this is forever. Plus. Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They invested billions building five G towers across the country. So what you need to do is visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local booths store today and get unlimited talk, text, and data for twenty five dollars a month forever. Five G speeds not available in all areas. After thirty gigabytes, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on the boost Unlimited plan. All right, are we ready for a voice note? This is our voice note section. Somebody said a question. I don't know if it's for one of you or both of you, or it's presented by boost Mobile, and let's have it.
Speaker 4: Hi, Savannah and April. My question for y'all is when do you tell your homegirl that you saw her man without her outside.
Speaker 1: She's been dating this guy for like.
Speaker 4: Over a year, and I went to dinner and I saw him on what could have been a double date. It was him, another guy and two women. I literally was walking by and saw them. Now, I don't like to give myself a mess. So do you think I should tell her or just kind of let the universe figure it out.
Speaker 1: I have this, I have an answer to this question also, But I'm curious to what you guys, what I know? I have this conversation with friends. This is a debate.
Speaker 2: Actually you're getting this a video a snap before I leave the run, and I'm liable to walk to the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, use me, sir, are you okay?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to address it because you know, I'm gonna tell my friend. You know I'm gonna tell my friend. But I'm gonna roll up on you, like, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Hey guys, are y'all okay? Good to see you?
Speaker 3: Very nice and pleasant, the smilest a little bit more annoyed. But you're in front maybe like are you serious?
Speaker 1: What's happening? Are you okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you see?
Speaker 2: That's the difference between having no associates. I got all the same.
Speaker 3: Level of friends.
Speaker 2: We rided what is you doing? Sir, this is messy. Yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 1: She You're gonna cook.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna double date.
Speaker 1: This is interesting because I've had this conversation with my little crew of girls, and most of us feel the same way. It's two or three, then there's one of us, and it drives me nuts because we get into this argument. But she's like, her experience is that nine times out of ten say they're gonna stay. And now you're the friend who done inserted yourself into a problem in your friend's situation. Or the other part of it is that sometimes the friend knows what who she's with, and so as a friend, why are you going? You know what I'm saying. So she feels like that, so she might minds her business. She doesn't say it couldn't be my friend. She couldn't be your friend. You say that she cut her off. She's really good, and many other ways.
Speaker 3: It's very nice. It's good for you, I'm very happy for you.
Speaker 1: I'm good my friend. No, I'm not seeing how to cut her off. It's good for you.
Speaker 3: It does not work for me.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: You see some stuff there it's not kosher, and you don't feel to say something and that is where her her her feeling comes from, her feeling like she's going to be excluded if she gives her honest opinion.
Speaker 3: Y'all not friends. That's how I feel, like what I saw your.
Speaker 2: Man out like, no, I'm sorry, I just I feel convicted about it because I think that's crazy that you know, and what if one.
Speaker 1: Day we're out from the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm texting, like the fuck and then I'm saying something. Then I'm walking out the restaurant like bitch. I went up to the table. I told that, like, I'm running it down. I'm the last person you want to see. So you are not confrontational though I'm not gonna roll up and make a scene. He's calling you, and.
Speaker 1: She's calling the friend the restaurant, immediate.
Speaker 2: Text whatever it is. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna we were about that life.
Speaker 1: I love that for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like that is the right way to be with friends, Like why not disclosed?
Speaker 3: I agree, well, and it's okay if you stay.
Speaker 1: No, No, I agree, But I do think I'm a little different that. I do think there are levels of friends because I have a lot of people that I know, you know, what I'm saying. I know y'all, but we're not. Yeah. No, you have either all the way friends or we're all nothing.
Speaker 3: You know everything about me, or you'll know nothing.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Like I'm good, there's no no how can you show up half yourself.
Speaker 1: It's like that you just meet people along the way and you really like them and you you have a rappoort and you see them and it's cool and you've hung out a few times. And I'm not telling that person about her business with her man and nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm not hanging out a few times with nobody. I don't really kind of know you're not hanging out of.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, what's.
Speaker 2: Happening over there? I'm not coming. I don't want to be there, Like I'm just not doing it. It's no in between for me.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you. There's no way ask.
Speaker 3: Her believe, please believe, please really believe it.
Speaker 1: No middle, no acquaintances people, just.
Speaker 2: Because it's just also like I'm not for everybody, just like you're not supposed to be for everybody. Everybody's not for everybody. Everybody doesn't have to like you. So like I'm not going to censor myself in a situation where and I see a.
Speaker 3: Lot, I'm around a lot, I'm privy to a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm a volt.
Speaker 2: So I need to be in a place where I feel like I can actually have real conversation that feeds me and I feed you, and I can be my real self. I don't want to be somewhere guessing. If I could say this, and now you talk about you don't text it, your friend, your friend coming back, girl, goodbye. I ain't got no time for me. I just I'm too busy. So like censoring myself in certain rooms, if I'm not talking, that means I don't know nobody there, and I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm not the same. I'm not that harsh.
Speaker 2: I allow, like if a connection is meant to happen, I allowed that. He was like, I've recently made really great friends, really just because I was a little more open open.
Speaker 1: She's jolly well, she also was so guarded for so long. Yes, so now you probably trust yourself a little bit more, right, a lot more. Yeah. So they're red flags for people who we need to not let in the circle. Because we talked about red flags with dating or relationships, Yes, but what about friend red flags? Are their friendship red red flags.
Speaker 2: I think you can engage with people that are like fans. Oh I can't stand it. Oh my god, I'm no, Oh my god, no, oh I.
Speaker 1: Can't even So another red flag for you would be like if they feel like they wouldn't tell you if they saw your man, that would be a flag for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's a character flag to me.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: That's like going back to transparency on radical honesty. Are you d honest or do you want to hold some of the information. The most eloquent way of lying is not saying anything when people be like, oh, I ain't say nothing, Okay, I was sitting there the whole time at the dinner table knowing this man's in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Like I just think that that is formal. Ok. It's so interesting. You made me think about myself now because I be minding my business. Sometimes I mind my business too, but don't let me hear you know with my friends, I mind my business because I'm gonna see you through this and I'll wait till you get to the other side. But it's like a level of how much I want to interject with what I think I saw, what I saw, what I feel about what I saw.
Speaker 2: When you know all that already, I feel like it just is Yeah, I don't think it's inserting yourself. You can still support your friend and be like, listen, I don't like how this made you feel, but I'm gonna support you. I feel like I can talk like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not like judge on it.
Speaker 2: But when it starts going over the line. We were talking about this yesterday. I was like, if you were walking down the street in the car last night at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: That's what I asked.
Speaker 2: Quiz Yes, she gave you a quizit, yes, yes, test my morals. I said, I'm sleepy and we're driving down the street and we saw a lady getting beat up.
Speaker 1: What would you do? Right?
Speaker 2: And so she was like what I was like, if we saw somebody beating up, what would you do?
Speaker 3: She was like, well, I would be like.
Speaker 2: Like trying to get what if he was really beating her?
Speaker 3: She like, I'm gonna call the cops. I'm like, I don't know. I think I may have to jump in, like.
Speaker 1: You know you can't and I can't help you.
Speaker 2: But then then she gave her a video. ILL say, all right, right, I'm ana call the cops. I'm a corner cops. I'm gonna stay there. I ain't gonna leave her because she's getting beaten up. But to me, I think it is a morality, cause like it's it's the this or that on how you view things, and it can be multiple opinions on how people decide to show up. It doesn't make them a bad person though, just different, just different. But I know what kind of friend that want.
Speaker 1: So what were you gonna do? You're gonna stay and fight At first, I was gonna fight. She was gonna fight down, and nobody there to help either one of us.
Speaker 2: Know, kill that man, that's why everybody need a friend.
Speaker 1: Like man, I was like, I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna kill his feeling, Well, we were gonna die, like like we.
Speaker 1: Were like, and this is somebody that you don't even know, right, It was just a what if in your mind, like this is a stranger street.
Speaker 3: So she's like, we don't even know her.
Speaker 2: I was like, I know, but it's just wrong, like that man, gonna beating both for so you because now this is where it goes, because now if she jump in and I gotta jump in, don't jump in.
Speaker 1: That you guys have a plan in the event plan don't jump in because she wants to jump in. Call the cops. Ready, We're ready. I think I would call the cops and I would try to create some type of diversion.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like, yeah, maybe I would throw said.
Speaker 1: Literally said I would throw something.
Speaker 2: But I think it's like a morality. It doesn't you know how you how would you deal with certain things?
Speaker 1: That's a good one. What else?
Speaker 3: I was like, girl, what she was like around the house talking about we rid in the card? But I saw somebody walk out.
Speaker 1: Said what is She's the one that made you do this other quiz too that you did at the house, right, Yes, yeah, because I want to know.
Speaker 3: I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys. Support for this podcast is brought to you by Walden University. Have you ever thought to yourself, what if I could go after what I actually want and I could really make a difference. Well, you are not alone, and this is exactly why I want to tell you about Walden University. For over fifty years, Walden has helped working adults like you get the w with the knowledge, the skills and everything you need to build the future that you want and you can make a difference where it matters most. If you've been waiting for the right moment, this is it. Head to WALDENU dot e edu and take that first step. Walden University set a course for change. Certified to operate by SHIV. All right, this is our bowl irl questions presented by Walden University. Big a question each one of you. The best kind of friend is someone who is patient with you. Mm hmmm, So is this bold for them? Specifically? Oh?
Speaker 3: Can I know another one?
Speaker 1: Yes? All right? Oh no, No, she didn't like that. I feel like we talked about that a lot.
Speaker 2: Anyway, lately, I've been reminding myself that it's okay to be big m.
Speaker 1: Did you not feel like I feel like your personality lends to that answered you started that whole podcast here.
Speaker 3: No, I think I came up in it.
Speaker 2: I came up in an industry where being behind the scenes was rewarded, especially as a female, and just like making it all happen was how I was celebrated. And I think being in front of the camera and thinking about all the things that we're building and like owning that has been a real pivot for me personally. And I think even though going back to what people see and what they believe. Like, I am very confident in who I am, like innately, I've always been like that since I was small, But I think being big has another type of responsibility that I've kind of like like for Up until this point, we were saying the pod was like a high, it's a hobby.
Speaker 1: Like you didn't want to claim it like.
Speaker 2: No, because I think when you work hard and you've been raised to work hard, I think more responsibility feels like like it doesn't have to feel like that if you have the right team around you and the right people around you. And I think we're finally at a point where we feel like we're supported in that way.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you feel like that too. You that's probably why you guys connect so much in business aside from friendship. Yes, you both kind of like blossoming into this elevated version of it.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're growing into something that we have not yet imagined.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that too. I don't. I don't think that. I don't know. I feel like at every stage or every age, like always trying to push ourselves to Yeah, there's always another level, right, there's always a level that But.
Speaker 2: I think as a young girl, you think you get married, you have a family, you pick a career, and it's like WHOA, I made it, and then you're like, on a second, this shit's about to change again and again and again. And I think that that is something young women should know, Like if you learn how to pivot early, it won't feel so debilitating. M Like, if you could pivot quicker and not be so stuck on like I'm gonna have this career, I'm gonna marry this man. I'm gonna be married by this time. I'm gonna have a baby here. Like it doesn't work like that, Like, but I think when we were coming up, it was like that was what you did, you know, And now young women are doing things differently and really embracing that and it doesn't have to look how you imagine?
Speaker 1: H Do you still have those thoughts? So yoursel like, I don't want to get too much in your business. You're single or yes? Single? Mmm? Are you in the are you out here looking around? I'm not looking around?
Speaker 3: No, I would like to I'm trying.
Speaker 1: She don't try to be a matchmaker over here. You probably had no friends. That would be a good no.
Speaker 2: No, no, No, I think I think we all run in a very small circle.
Speaker 3: Ye, like and it have been I think, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm open to it, but I think it is a level of like, you know, that protection factor that I operate in and trying to be open in one area but also being mindful of letting people in and the right people.
Speaker 3: So are we supposed to pick it out?
Speaker 1: She wanted to picked you pick? Did you did it? All right? Go to another one? Fine? One?
Speaker 2: We both answering this, all right, I love that. Don't be scared, trust me, Okay, all right? First one value you think we're losing as a society.
Speaker 1: What you have to say? Yeah, say it? I feel like I do. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Honesty mm hmm. I really think we are missing honesty.
Speaker 2: Like I think a lot of times people are fearful of being honest about what they're fearful of. And I just think people are shy away a lot of times from honesty of like hurting people's feelings or being true to themselves or doing what the world wants them to do and not being their real self, and like, just do you and just be honest. And I wish people would get it together and Instagram is not real. People be swearing. I'm like, are you people okay? This is like a sham.
Speaker 1: It's one piece of It's like one sliver of a narrative.
Speaker 2: And it's the most inflated narrative, Like you know what I mean. And then when you show your real self, the world wants to judge. But like if people would just vaccine instead of worrying about somebody priding on that Internet or whatever, and focus on yourself.
Speaker 1: Wishing one word, come on, give it to mine.
Speaker 2: Was gonna be authenticity, Like even as a business owner now and understanding the importance of like doing what is authentically like solid to you, I don't. I think a lot of people do things cause they feel like they have to, and I think that goes right back to honesty.
Speaker 3: But I think authenticity is a value that be you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm curious. This is one of my IRL questions to hear. I like this for you because you know, we always ask like what are you most proud of, like in your career or as a mom, what are you most proud of about yourself and what you've been able to doing.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the biggest compliment that I get is when people come to me and tell me how great my kids are, Like, I'm so proud of the people that they are and who they've become and the way that they've been able to handle.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 2: Like we've been through some things, and I just think that they have. I mean, they've done an amazing job with all of it given the circumstance.
Speaker 3: So I'm most proud of who I've.
Speaker 1: Been able to.
Speaker 2: Support in their growth and just becoming who they are as young men and now a little lady.
Speaker 1: So you're very, very proud of that. You're a good mom, great, killing it the best, the best mom. What about as a wife, especially such a high profile wife, Like what are you most proud of in that space?
Speaker 2: Just being able to and I know this might sound crazy, but being able to understand the situation for what it is as far as how I showed up being a support system to him, Like I was totally okay with the way that things have panned out up until this point, being sportive to him, being able to be there for him, being able to pick him up when he's not feeling good, Like I was okay with being in the background and doing those things. So that he was able to do exactly what he wanted to do in that space. So there, I'm most proud of that, as far as being a wife and his wife.
Speaker 1: And support system. What about this pod and what you're creating? What are you guys most proud of about this, this business? This?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm most proud of stepping into what we have been shying away from, you know, and really owning it, and I think also being authentically ourselves. Like I think there is a lot of misconceptions about being an entrepreneur, building something, being in friendship with each other. So I think I'm most proud of just being able to own it for once, and also proud to put a team around us that is helping us to do it, which allows us to be more visionary in building it, which is exciting, and also commit to the pod and commit to using our voices and commit to being comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I just want to go through my last cards and then we're done, and maybe I'm going to ask you my one favorite question in the ball for both. Okay, you probably have probably know that one. Okay, we've been talking a lot about the like the inner workings of your friendship and this like space that you created, but you also both live in a very big space.
Speaker 3: Yes, very big.
Speaker 1: You didn't you do? You did Drake's thirtieth birthday party? You plan that for him? Yes, that's a big that's a big, high profile, lots of a lot of moments. Yeah, how does that even happen? Or did you work for Drake or you know, I don't work for Jake.
Speaker 3: I never worked for Drake.
Speaker 1: You never worked for Drake? And you do the thirtieth Well.
Speaker 3: He hired my agency, got it?
Speaker 1: So I think, how does I go to see call? No, he doesn't call.
Speaker 3: Future calls, Future calls, Future is grace, Future is the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Future Drake and I've been doing a couple of things with them. A lot of people don't know context, But I own a creative agency. It does experiential and creative campaigns for brands. So it started because we did it was called two Kings.
Speaker 3: It was Drake and Lebron at.
Speaker 2: All Star in Toronto and we did something called the House of Tings with beats.
Speaker 1: It was oh my God. And we transformed all.
Speaker 3: Of these rooms into like little immersive rooms.
Speaker 2: So we had trapped karaoke We had a room with an owl that opened up like a live owl.
Speaker 3: We had David Blaine in a room we.
Speaker 1: Got we had enough of them money.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was like all these little rooms and you went into this like house of tings and it was crazy.
Speaker 3: It was freezing cold in Toronto.
Speaker 2: So it started there and then over time I just built a relationship with future and team and they were amazing. They were amazing and I just did his thirty if. They called and was like can you do it? It's going to be in l A.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I got it, And.
Speaker 2: I mean it feels like years ago, I mean thirty nine something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, but it was awesome. What about your big wow moments? First of all, the mean gala is a wow moments for you? What is that? What is that experience? Like stressful?
Speaker 2: It was so much prep and just like it was my first time, so it was making sure I got it right.
Speaker 1: It was a pressure a little bit. That's a big carpet. That's a big carpet, A big carpet. What is the prep? What is the what is what goes into this?
Speaker 2: Just a just a look the look it's the most like, yeah, the look it came together.
Speaker 1: Body of look though, you have a couple of like iconic look moments, we should flash those as we're mentioning that right now. Just let the people do that do that. But yeah, it was great.
Speaker 3: The theme with being I can't Taylor, I can't think of the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh the theme, Yeah, it was like.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And then it was tailor to Perfection or something like that. So the process of trying to find a designer for that was kind of like like what do I do? And then I wanted to make sure I had a black designer. So I'm like, well, I wonder if Pidneva would do it.
Speaker 1: And she did it. She killed it.
Speaker 3: We had a great time. It was so much fun working with her and her team.
Speaker 1: Or events like that. Fun though you always think like is it really fun when you get there?
Speaker 3: So I was actually so I was okay.
Speaker 2: I was there because I was supposed to be there, but I was a plus one because Lebron was a chair. He was a co chair for that particular Matt and he couldn't make it because they were in the postseason. So I still went in support to be there for him.
Speaker 1: But also because she was supposed to because I was supposed to.
Speaker 2: But it is a room and like I said, like I don't typically like deal in like.
Speaker 3: I guess rooms like that, Like that's just not my comfort zone.
Speaker 1: And if you do, you're usually with your husband.
Speaker 2: With my husband, or with a friend or just somebody as an ally. You know, they don't play that like nobody you're taking yourself. So it was just interesting. I actually sat with Debbie Allen, and I had met her in La my daughter went to her dance academy, and so I just found an ally in her and her.
Speaker 1: Husband and I sat there and talked to them. So it was great.
Speaker 2: And Tyler Perry was my seat mate, yeah.
Speaker 1: And chatted with him.
Speaker 2: I was cool, told him how much I love all of his movies, And it was a great experience. My dress was so heavy, though, my hips were so sorely because I don't know if people know, but when you walk, the carpet is long, and there're stairs on the carpet, so you gotta get up those stairs. But once you get in the museum, there's like four more flights of stairs and a country mile to get to where the actual.
Speaker 1: And this dress is like forty pounds. I was.
Speaker 3: I was done.
Speaker 1: I was good, but I did it, and you look gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Those moments must feel like because you don't do that a lot, right, you know, do the stuff like that. What does that feel like for you? Because I don't know, it almost feels like from the outside looking at like watching you, it's like, look so bad. Yeah, old light. You don't know really like in your own light and your own moment. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was excited to be there, but just like kind of a little bit in shock, like, damn, I'm actually on the med carpet and by myself. This is crazy. This exactly is crazy. Shot Like, yeah, this is crazy. The whole time I was there, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Looking at Anna went to table, like what you at Anna's table? Yes? Yeah, did she comment? Did she compliment your dress? Yes? Oh she did? I did right, Like, I don't feel like she's the type said anything.
Speaker 3: That joint She didn't time.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, We're gonna see more of that. I feel like you're like, do you feel like you're blossoming into another kind of phase of your life? So it's scary exciting.
Speaker 2: It's exciting, But I think I would like to handle the amount of it because I know sometimes any situations that goes from zero to one hundred and I would like to like just pace myself a little bit, but definitely excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, slow progression, right, yeah, well yeah, yeah, you got her on your side. So she's gonna she's gonna fight the lady in the street field. She's gonna she's gonna tell you the truth. She's gonna not talk to anybody who don't. It's a little friend. We didn't talk about spirituality much or anything like that in this conversation. But my final question, which is in the bult is my favorite question is a little bit so connected to you know, what our higher purposes and our higher connection is. So the question of the ball that's my favorite is if God would have text you right now, what would it say.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't really like text, so you will tell God not to text, Like God can keep short.
Speaker 1: I don't have to respond to that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll have to respond to God's text.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like that, You're a terrible text. I like text.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, be on my own time. But the response with God, get me done, you're fired. But what would it say if you've got a text from him today.
Speaker 1: What would it say? I think mine today would say you need some rest? Mm hmmm, I think today that's what mine would say.
Speaker 3: I think mine would say, you're exactly where you're supposed to be. That's good, I think mine would say, and you with a ride?
Speaker 1: I mean that's pretty good that Angie. Oh, we didn't do the game?
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, you want to do it?
Speaker 1: Okay? So the pot is called Everybody's crazy? This is the who is crazier of the two of you? You love this already? Who is crazier? Just in general? You are the crazier? Who is crazier when it comes to being protective of the people they love me? Really? Why do I feel like you're gonna be the crazier in all of these circumstances? Oh? For god? Who is crazier when it comes to holding a grudge? Huh? Dead to me? Forever? Cooked? How much does it take to be in that box? A minute? Yeah? I don't have a time. You get there, but when you go, you ain't coming back forever? Who is crazier when it comes to being competitive? Do you really think I'm not competitive? I? Thank you? Maybe? Neck and neck? Do you play games or do anything. No, she don't play no games. You don't just like game night or nothing? Or no she does not really or even like karaoke. That's a good answer. Who is crazier when it comes to being stubborn? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I would say me, yeah, you take Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna think me.
Speaker 1: You are who you are? Mm hmmm. Crazier during an argument.
Speaker 2: Me, oh know that this tongue is lethal, slicing you to pieces. That's why I want to go there. I just say, God bless because if I go there, We're going to hell?
Speaker 1: What's crazier when it comes to online shopping or shopping? Her? Shopping?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 3: Online shopping her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: I like I r L. I like an I r L.
Speaker 1: You got boxes? What on boxes and delivery?
Speaker 3: What ship I'm never going to use?
Speaker 1: What's something crazy that you just that you've bought recently online?
Speaker 2: A desk that I could put on top of my desk so I could stand up while I'm at my desk. What it's like a desk, Like an adjustable desk that goes on the top of the desk.
Speaker 1: I don't have to sit at my desk. You have to put it together? Does it require together? Oh? It came together, delivered and have you used it? You did? It? Be half love that for you. I've been really good lately, but there was a period I was ordering just wild sh like or so. Instagram gets me to.
Speaker 2: Buy Instagram shot by buy stuff on Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's so easy. What is this? Because it's all line of looks cute and then it comes.
Speaker 2: And it's like, I'm not playing instead, No more bathing suits, I will.
Speaker 1: Amazon. What. No, that's craziness. I have one from Instagram. It's worse the like butt pads in it. You didn't expect those to be there? What the fuck is this? Okay? Who's crazy when it comes to protecting their peace?
Speaker 2: I think that's both of us, both of us. But Savannah is better at boundaries. We both can kind of disappear in our own way, but she's better at what. Yes, a lot of quiet time for both of us.
Speaker 1: Who's giving the best gifts? Me? Hm? I didn't. Oh? I didn't. Oh what? Oh?
Speaker 2: Because she used to talk about me so bad because I didn't give. I didn't give gifts. I love gifts, you do, Yes, you didn't give gifts at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: She even know gifts. It was crazy. Now she's redeeming herself because I couldn't gift.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's probably because you have a lot of things and so you're like things. Yeah, I love a gift, like, love it to me too. I will stay I love it. I will stay at the you know in the parties when they give gift bags. I don't want that ship, but I still want it. Oh, what was the redeeming gift? Yes, you said she'd been redeeming herself. Like, what's a lot of good gifts? What's a good it's your favorite gift that I got you? Oh?
Speaker 3: She bought me this Judith Lieberman bag?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite? That's one of my favorite? What is it in a bag? Is it it's a special because it was my shortcake? Right? That was? I got you to shortcake? No, Marnie got me. Okay, you got me the French fries. Oh got you the French fries. The French fries. She's really happy, she really loves it. I do. Is she a good gift giver? Yoh? No, for my was it thirty five? Not thirty fIF?
Speaker 3: So we go we like to go to the ms when we go shopping.
Speaker 2: Around the world and I have been wanting these plates and I'm like, I'm get the plates. I buy one by two okay whatever, she finished my collection?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who's knowing the most tea? Who's crazy when it comes to knowing the most tea?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Hm, you know the tea, all of it, This is all of it. That's why I said, don't be out No.
Speaker 1: And the last one who is crazier about protecting this friendship?
Speaker 2: Both of us, both of us, I think we don't, you know. I think you see a lot of like whether it's female business partners, female groups, female duos.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot you know.
Speaker 2: And I think a lot of people allow emotion, ego, money, success to get in the way of like who they are. And I think for us, we want to be the ones that someone's like, oh they did it, and we want young women to see that, and we want Zori to see that and see my kids see it, and you know, and also continuing to support women like I think it's a lot of like I'll be honest, like fake black girl magic and fake like girl tribe. The shit is fake. Like you go places and people are like, you know, so like really.
Speaker 1: Being thoughtful format.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, so I think really being thoughtful around that and continuing to like be amongst women like yourself, like other women that we admire, And it's okay to admire somebody like right, that's a difference, Like you can admire somebody and not be a fan and not be weird, like that's where you lose me. But you can admire somebody but also admire somebody and want to be you. Like a lot of people admire people and want to be them.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be me. Well, anybody who wants to be you is not going to be a good friend, correct.
Speaker 2: And I think just like you can admire somebody and admire the essence of them, Like me and Savannah are not the same type of mom.
Speaker 3: Really, No, she's a way better mom.
Speaker 2: She's a better mom in a different type of way. I feel like, oh, I'm militant.
Speaker 1: She is a good mom.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I'm a good mom, but it's only me. It's different when someone has a dad, you know what I mean. Like my boys haven't had their dad around since they were like three and ten. So I have to be the nurturer, but I also have to be the discipline area. So it's a level of grace that's given in that that I've come to terms with. So there's something that she can give that. Like my son is quick to call her when I say no, my youngest, what ask Savannah. She's more lenient, Like she'd like, girl, just la him stay out extra hours?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll be like, how did you get in our house?
Speaker 2: Like there's always a more, you know, because there is no ying and yang yeah, and that's yeah, And I think that is a different that's a different dynamic.
Speaker 3: So it is a little bit more. And I'm raising boys.
Speaker 1: It's different. I don't know that better though.
Speaker 2: Better for I think in the way you are able to show up, you know. And I would desire that for my kids too.
Speaker 1: They love me.
Speaker 2: But my son is like, my wife is not gonna work because I work a lot. My son is very honest about he's sixteen. He's like, my wife's not gonna work. Yeah, wow, because I think I work hard, you know what I mean. But they also benefited, you know, So I think that there are certain things and I don't I'm not upset by that, Like I'm like, that's honest.
Speaker 3: I hope she don't work.
Speaker 2: As long as y'all not using my money, we're good, you know, I think just like being honest with it.
Speaker 1: But yes, it's obvious why you guys are friends. It's like compliment each other's lives. So for sure friends. We should end with the podcast. Everybody should check out the way do they? How do they? How do people support her? We don't even know who you don't even know?
Speaker 7: Subscribe, subscribe, subscribe, subscribe, subscribbe that's how.
Speaker 1: You really support me. What I'm talking about, what has been nice? I don't known in real life ma.
Speaker 2: Hi and Savannah James and April McDaniel and real life.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, thanks for watching. Make sure you subscribe, like comments, and check out all of the other episodes we have on Edge. Martinez I R O Podcast