Speaker 1: Your life already hit Oh you hit it well, I don't hear myself there, it is all right. I'm back, dude. Let me tell you I got a couple of stories. Yo. Check out my melody. I want to live good. So I sall dope full, no, no, no joke, gotta know who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you this right now. Though I have a couple of stories from New York.
Speaker 1: I want you to tell all your stories and give us unabridged coverage of Beth page five days after the fact. I believe your insight will be better in the Golf channel, but you are gonna get eviscerated in the forty fifth minute of this podcast. The forty fifth Yeah, why I want you to tell all your stuff first?
Speaker 2: I mean I need to know, Like I mean, we can't get there again. I don't want to jump ahead, but I'm gonna do a tease right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you saw me on out of all the people in all of the land, how you saw me on TV?
Speaker 2: Because I didn't even tell you what hole I was sitting at. So I don't want to know. I don't want to know. I don't want to know, but I have been thinking about it since I received that text on Sunday afternoon from you saying I just saw you on TV. I am like how I told Garrett, Greg, Jacob, all the boys where I was at. I told father in law what hole I was standing at, and none of them saw me on TV.
Speaker 1: But you saw me on freaking TV. Unbelievable. Should be you know what we should do? Though I should. I need to eviscerate you real quick. How come you didn't do one Gin post from Ginbeth Page. Our account looked like a skin graveyard. Wait till the.
Speaker 2: Forty fifth minute when we get to Beth Page to eviscerate me. Please, can we start the show because I don't want to have to stop in the middle of my stories.
Speaker 1: Ray, I'm gonna piss in the microphone though I'm not gonna be in the microphone. I'm not. We're gonna do it live. Woo oh the one doo dude sore losing? What up? Everybody? I am lunchbox.
Speaker 2: I know the most about sports, so I give you the sports facts, my sports opinions because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 1: Y'all had sison from the North Alpha Male Live on the north side of Nashville with bays Or my wife. We have two point two acres, two point two kids at Vanderbilt. Justin should be checking in on them tomorrow. He's off today, and then I'll die have a heart attack when I'm most likely seventy two and a half, probably from the creatine and also the liposomal and also the uh creatine gummies. Over to you, man, okay man, New York.
Speaker 2: We were going, we were flying, we were jet setting to go to Beth Page on Sunday. We were gonna go see the Ryder Cup. And as we signed off the podcast on Friday, we said, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, say it the one issue Beth Page, Black, Beth Page Black. Commoners can't play that course.
Speaker 2: Actually it's a public course. You can go there anytime you want. Well, that really just.
Speaker 1: Took all the specialness out of this episode. People.
Speaker 2: Hey, people show up there in camp overnight to get a tea time in their cars waiting outside the gate.
Speaker 1: Sounds like us at the local union nowadays. It's so busy, it really does. It's really hard to get on ry. I've been sleeping here all night. Meet me on the first. So that was our whole plan.
Speaker 2: And when we signed off the podcast on Friday, we said, the only disaster could be if it's an absolute blowout.
Speaker 1: And Sunday's not going to matter.
Speaker 2: That was our exact quote as we were signing off the pod on freaking Friday. And here's the thing. Friday, my flight was at two twenty pm. And I don't know what in God's green earth we were doing here, but it was twelve something a clock, twelve fifteen, twelve twenty.
Speaker 1: When I got finally got out of here, quarter passed a monkey tickle to his ball.
Speaker 2: Basically, and I was like, I gotta go home. I still had to pack. I hadn't even packed yet, and I was like, I gotta hurry up. And so I got home and I walked in the door and my wife's like, are you ready to go? And I'm like, nah, I still.
Speaker 1: Got a pack. She was like, oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, we're gonna miss our plane. You need a nanny. They would have packed for you.
Speaker 2: I need something, And so I put some stuff in the bag and I'm like, let's go to Beth Page, Black n YC.
Speaker 1: Concrete John where dreams are made up. Beth Page never heard of her.
Speaker 2: We left the house at twelve fifty two pm and we arrived at that airport, got on the shuttle, got through security, get.
Speaker 1: To Beth Page, you and your damn story started. Every transportation service you took to get to the freaking airport continue.
Speaker 2: And we got to the gate just as they were starting to board. We were able to grab something to eat, and we go on the plane and we're those people that bring the food on the plane and smell up the whole freaking plane. And the captain the freaking airplane walks by and goes, oh, that's where that smell is coming from. Schlatsky's Now I got hattie bees, she got slim and huskies. Uh didn't really have much time to decide because it was the first food things we saw. And our gate was right after him. Hey man, how you doing right now? We're on our way to New York on the airplane?
Speaker 1: Nice dude. Did you guys fly Spirit Delta Southwest Frontier?
Speaker 2: I think we American American there Delta back where we flew Delta there an American back one of those two. But I'm gonna tell you what you want to know, how much those flights.
Speaker 1: Were a thousand dollars each way. No, no, sixty bucks. Sixty bucks each way. Yeah, he must have flown Spirit in our front tower. No, no, no, no, I'm gonna tell you what.
Speaker 2: Flying to New York, I think there are so many. It's the smaller planes where there's only uh one seat and then two seats on the other side, or there's two and two okay, and so it's a smaller plane. So I think they have so many of them going back and forth to New York.
Speaker 1: It was dog cheap. And tell yeah, a lot of companies moved to Nashville during the pandemic, so that makes sense. It's almost like a commuter plane. Yes, like yeah, okay, wow, that's really really cheap or JF wow, I have other things to do. I just can't give you a paper.
Speaker 2: We flew into LaGuardia. We were flying into Lagardia, and so we no no hiccups. We get straight there, get off the plane. Then you got to get on a bus to get the train into the city. So we get on the bus and I mean, I've never been on a more packed bus in my life. And I mean, you're people are cramming in the doors are closing and people can't even fit in.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, it's not Bally, it's New York.
Speaker 2: So I'm squeezing in and there's this dude sitting down and my butt is right in his face.
Speaker 1: Each side of the road do they drive on in New York? Same side as a Nashville gut We're still in a barrick and this dude's dog, come on, dog, come on, dog, and starts pushing me. Whoa, And I'm like, oh, great, we're in New York. He touched your chick.
Speaker 2: No, it was me because I was directly like, the door was straight in front of me. So I was trying to back up as far as I could because there was one guy that couldn't fit in the door. His suitcase you left him, and so I was like, and the bus is starting to drive off. I'm like, this dude's gonna fall out on the highway. So I'm trying to scoot as far into this dude as I can, and he's sitting down. He goes, dog, come on, dog, dog, Hey, come on to butt?
Speaker 1: Nuh to butt? And I was like, my bad man, and he was not happy with me, but we got him in and we go. We get on the train and we get into freaking New.
Speaker 2: York and I'm like, wow, concrete jungle. This is what they're talking.
Speaker 1: About, all right? So plane to train, no, plane to bus to train, Okay. And we get out and we are right by our hotel. Dude, half a block. You would think the train would be at the plane.
Speaker 2: Not at LaGuardia at JFK. You can take a train right to it.
Speaker 1: Got it. And so that was the cool part.
Speaker 2: So then we go we walked to our hotel and it's like six forty five, almost seven o'clock, and it is time to hit the streets in New York because we have a play we're going to at eight o'clock. Me Packing District, No in the inner I guess it's a Broadway district, is what it's called. I don't know, maybe the musical District.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was called Just in Time. I didn't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: But when you're going to a Yankees game on Saturday and Beth Page on Sunday, you have to do something the women want to do, and they wanted to go see Just in Time, a musical.
Speaker 1: Jemmy tell the arts well.
Speaker 2: Here's the crazy part. And this is what was crazy. When we got off the play and the other couple we were meeting there, they're like, dude, you'll never believe this. Our hotel is right across the street from the play, so you don't have to rush. We got plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Give me it what going to the play? Give me it what? Your man card a.
Speaker 2: Oh culture. And I was like, all right, you know, let's go to this play. I don't know anything about it. And they're like, hey, it's about Bobby Darren. And I'm like, I don't know who that is. And they're like, oh, he you know, he's singing songs. And I'm like, I've never heard of the name Bobby Darren. But this one of the women we were with, the other wife, she wanted to go see it.
Speaker 1: She picked it. I'm like, all right, so we go in.
Speaker 2: It's in the bottom of Wicked, so it's not a huge theater, but it's in the basement of Wicked. And they made a couple jokes about being the basement of Wicked, sold out crowd, standing room only. And this guy, the lead, he was really good Bobby. Well, no, it's not really Bobby. Oh it's some guy playing him. But let me tell you, Ray, they had seats down on the floor where you could sit at tables, kind.
Speaker 1: Of like a cabaret.
Speaker 2: And it looks cool to be down there until you see this guy because they start coming in the crowd and acting in the crowd and going up and down theles. And the dude that was acting, I don't know his name, Jonathan Krafitt. Maybe I donna look it up. He I've never seen someone spit so much saliva in my freaking life.
Speaker 1: So the chalome of the Basement District in New York City.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was spitting. Every time he spit, you could see it with all the lights flying out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: That's maybe how you're supposed to emphaside. And every time he would sing, fit would come. It's flying out of his mouth and you would see members of the audience. Would he'd be down in the audience, they'd be dodging the spit out of his freaking mouth. What the hawk Tua?
Speaker 2: It was hawktua all over the people. There was one point he's standing on a table. Here we go, The table is rotating and he's singing a song and there's two older ladies with their cute tip hair, sitting there so excited, and one lady's just clapping and clapping, and the other lady is wiping her.
Speaker 1: Face over and over this study spit on that thing, continuing to spin on that thing. All night long. All I could think about all night as I'm watching this guy.
Speaker 2: Is his freaking co workers, his people that are co starring with him. When they're doing these close up talking scenes, he is spitting in their face and they have to just sit there and not react.
Speaker 1: How do they not just like, ah, guit spitting in my face. Back tailures plus the pull it unbelievable. He was really good at acting, he was really good at singing. But I could not get over the spitting on everything. Spit on your chick. Now, we're too far up, let's here. We weren't down there where he could spit on it. We were up there at the top. We were up there at the top. It was great.
Speaker 2: It was a good show. Fine, I mean, it was entertaining.
Speaker 1: Whatever, And we get up, we leave. Then we go to dinner.
Speaker 2: What an appetizer for the main course, Because you know, it's New York, man, it's New York thing closes. It's already ten o'clock. But hey, get a pie. Let's go get some dinner.
Speaker 1: Hey you want a donut, a croissant, what about a cranwitch.
Speaker 2: So we went to this restaurant right by where the theater was, and we went in. We had some margaritas, had some chips in guak.
Speaker 1: We ate in New York, Italian capital. You went and got Mexican. Yeah. Man, it was right next to the theater. Man. They my wife. We're in South Beach. You're supposed to get to the local cuisine, and she wants cheese dip. Baezer. They don't really do that here.
Speaker 2: It's not really called cheese dip because then if it's cheese dip, it ain't really good.
Speaker 1: It's keso.
Speaker 2: If they call it queso, it might be decent if it's cheese dips. If it's cheese dip, don't.
Speaker 1: Even buy it. Only place you can get queso Texas.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you go somewhere and they say cheese dip, don't buy it. So then we get done with dinner and it's like twelve fifteen. We're exhausted from a long day. We're like, hey, let's let's hit the sheets turn in.
Speaker 1: Let's turn in. We go to the hotel. All right, guys, Hey, yeah, what time you guys want to meet in the morning? Continue that concert.
Speaker 2: Man All that way, I was like, I need to take a shower because I feel like his spit particles have flown up to where we were.
Speaker 1: There was spit everywhere.
Speaker 2: I can't believe those people sitting down there got so much spit on them.
Speaker 1: That's a show. It is a show.
Speaker 2: But it was so funny to watch them wipe their faces and be dodging him as he's standing there in front of them singing. They're all moving in their seats, not enjoying the music, but more like playing dodgeball, because if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge spit.
Speaker 1: That should be the slogan of the freaking play just in time. What a mouth emphasizer though, that's wild. It was very interesting. And so then we go to bed man and that was night one in New York. Wow, And we'll take a break and next I will talk about my weekend. Now, you didn't You didn't do it for more days than one?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was, because the next day when we come back, we hit Yankee Stad and my interaction with the judge, the Aaron judge get.
Speaker 1: Jahn dogs uh bear hair bear hair clots in session all rise, We'll be right back to this ray.
Speaker 2: So we wake up on Saturday morning, seven forty five am, set the alarm, take another shower, get dressed, meeting the lobby at like eight third, meeting the lobby at eight thirty because you know.
Speaker 1: What time it is, slitting a shave. Now it's time to go eat some breakfast.
Speaker 2: The other couple were with, like, oh, we made reservations at a restaurant in Central Park.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh cool, never been.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: So we go walking through New York and join the sites and walk in front, you know, about to go into Central Park.
Speaker 1: Hey, give me your money, kid. And that's when I had my first experience with the New York homeless.
Speaker 2: Oh We're walking by and I'm smiling, just enjoying the sites, and he goes, can you help a homeless man out? And I'm like, no, man, I'm just smiling.
Speaker 1: He goes, you know what, you know what, don't walk by me smiling. You know what, when you walk by me smile, it makes me want to rip your face off. Shoesh. He goes. You shouldn't be people shouldn't be walking by me smiling. That makes me want to rip their face off. Heeshh. I'm like, oh, welcome to New York man. Yeah, did you have money to give him? I did you take Zilly?
Speaker 2: So I was like oh, and I kind of picked up the pace and skimpered into Central Park.
Speaker 1: They touch your wife? No, And I was like, well, I was a little hostile. I didn't feel good.
Speaker 2: So when we go to this restaurant, it's called the Tavern, it's a little spot and we have one here.
Speaker 1: No tavern here closed. Ray, they have a place called Hattie Bees. It's a chicken spot. Uh no, no, no tavern here closed. This is a new play. This is a place.
Speaker 2: It's Old's right in the middle of Central Park, I guess. And you can sit there and see runners and bikers and all sorts of people just walking through Central Park. And we're out there and it's got nice shade umbrellas. And they put us at the table with the only one without an umbrella. So I just got baked in the sun.
Speaker 1: And that's even before the Yankees game and before Beth Page.
Speaker 2: Correct and I'm just like, really, out of all these tables, they put us at the one with no canopy.
Speaker 1: Cool man, that's that's awesome, great reservation. So we eat. I have the pizza, the breakfast pizza, and then they're like, what do you wanna do?
Speaker 2: Let's watch Rent walk around Central Park a little bit.
Speaker 1: We walk.
Speaker 2: We go to some fountain that I guess is famous in Central Park Buckingham. I see a couple get engaged.
Speaker 1: They were so excited they bought they popped a bottle of dom right there.
Speaker 2: It's a graduations and then I turn around there's another couple doing engagement photos right there at the same fountain where this other couple got engaged.
Speaker 1: Turn around, there's a homeless guy. Hey, brother got a buck.
Speaker 2: And then there's people doing their little canoe rides in the middle of the Central Park water that looks like uh slime on doubledre It was that green and gross looking. There's a lot going on on a Saturday, a lot going on on a Saturday. And then we're like, all right, well, you know the Yankees games at one, it's already eleven thirty. I guess we should get the train out to the Bronx. You know, hey, train, we should get to the Bronx. And so we get on the train and we're heading to the Bronx. And let me tell you what a great train ride. There's two Broski's headed to the Yankees game. One's got a white call in the brown bag, sitting there.
Speaker 1: He's talking and he's talking to his buddy and he's like, son, He's like, so, man, how you like how you like living in Hoboken now? He's like, dude, I love it. He's like, I freaking love it, dude, polking New Jersey. He's like, it's freaking great. He's like, he goes, I don't understand it. Still living up there. He's like, Nick is such a dumb ass, Like wicked. He's banging a girl from across the street. That apot man. He's like, Nick talks to me about how his commute's so much better.
Speaker 2: He goes, because his commute's fifteen, mine's twenty three and I have to walk three blocks from the subway. And he's like, and I mean, I don't mind the three walks because you know why, it wakes me up in the morn. Nick's like, oh, dude, you're wasting your life. It's like eight extra minutes. He's like, Nick, I just don't understand Nick's perspective. I think he's like, yeah, bro, man, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Like I love Hoboken, like I used to live and now it's a thirty minute commute for me from Hoboken.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, I like it. I like the atmosphere. There's a lot of young people. I mean, they were just talking to talk, but that's just catching up. It was great. It was like these two dudes were just getting to know each other. I'm from Nashville. How's it going. Yee ho? Boys? Uh?
Speaker 2: They and they and they sit there and they start talking. He's like, oh, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, yeah, this is gonna be a great gay. I'm really excited. But I'm like, all right, cool. So we get off the train and we go and like, oh man, we still got like an hour or till game.
Speaker 1: What should we do?
Speaker 2: Huh, Let's go over this place called I think it's called Larry's.
Speaker 1: I think I've been there too, right across from the stadium. Yes, it's a banger. It is a bang er. Went there with South Beach and the Boys.
Speaker 2: It was huge, massive TVs. The music's so freaking loud you can't talk to anybody around you.
Speaker 1: But the party was hopping Ray, massive TVs, massive energy, massive cans. If you know what I'm saying, ladies, I'll take two of what he's having. How's it going on? Lunchbox? And I mean we sit there, have a couple of drinks, bartenders wearing pinstripes. Yeah, cut in half, yep, yeah, Ray. It wasn't a lot there holding them, Yeah it was. It wasn't a lot of material keeping those things in. I'll tell you that right now. And it was a sweaty day in New York. It was got beer all over them.
Speaker 2: I mean people are drinking, I mean pounding drinks. People are having a good old time. The Yankees are trying to win the division. I mean it was fantastic. The bar was awesome, so cool. And then it's like twenty minutes so game time. We're like, man, we want to be in our seats for first pitch.
Speaker 1: We better go. If you go up the left exit, you can actually sneak up at without showing your tickets. South Beach did it when we went there? Oh really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, and I was like, Oh, this is gonna be awesome, man. And I didn't know where my tickets were. Like, I got tickets because I emailed someone in the New York office from iHeartMedia and I was like, Hey, do you guys have any connections at the Yankees to get me four tickets.
Speaker 1: Tick for tat once they come here cmafes, you can hook them.
Speaker 2: Up Dean and he was like, dude, you would never believe this, but the two people I know that are connections at the Yankees they no longer worked there.
Speaker 1: They've moved on. So let me ask someone else in the office. Pandemic.
Speaker 2: So he asked someone else in the office, who asked someone else who It ended up going all the way over to the Fox Sports TV crew. They had to ask if they could get tickets.
Speaker 1: This just in Mark, as we get to that postgame pregame show, Lunchbox needs tickets. We got them here for you back for this Fox seven New York.
Speaker 2: And he finally emails me. He's like, hey, man, or text me. He says, hey, I got your tickets. I'm sorry they're not behind home plate. I thought we were gonna be able to get you better tickets than we did. I'm really sorry, you know what I mean. I hope you can still enjoy the game. And I'm like, dude, I don't know where the tickets are, but they're in the building. That's all I care about. And all I care about is being inside a Yankee stadium. It's not like I need to be behind home plate. Being behind home plate would be cool, but it's not like the most important thing in the world. And we walk in with our tickets, you know.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you.
Speaker 2: The cattle call to get in Yankee Stadium. They have it like a machine. This line go here stop. Wait five from this line, go five from this line, go you're just a number. It took us fifteen minutes to get in the gates because they had his cattle calling all different, so we got like eight minutes still.
Speaker 1: First first pitch and we walk in and we are section one. Oh wait, what bet you got on him? First inning? Halftime, middle of the game. No, none, you went raw dog. I went raw dog. Oh what is this the seventies? And I walk in and we're a section one ten.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wow, we're right by our seats, and our seats are two sections to the right. So we go, we get drinks, and we go down to our seat. We are right at the foul pole and right field, right where it meets the wall. We're in foul territory. But you can touch the I mean our seat touch it were the front row of the wall.
Speaker 1: I'm already envisioning it. Front row of the wall, rive seats over. That's where the kid touched the ball in Baltimore Orioles Yankees game twenty years ago today. That is so funny. Jeffrey Mayor is his name? Yeah, because I texted cousin Andrew and he said Jeffrey Mayor. He goes, hey, let's get a little Jeffrey Mayor action. I mean, anybody from that time period remembers that the kid reaches over, interferes with the play they called a home run. He's a New York hero, correct, And I don't know where he is today. Hopefully he's doing well. He might have been the guy at the park that was asking for money. All right, don't smile. Do you want to rip your face off?
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, man, I won't smile. I'm in New York on vacation. I shouldn't smile, and I mean, so you know who's out there in right field?
Speaker 1: Yeh, the judge, The honorable Aaron freaking Judge, the guy that has no arm and takes forever to circle a ball and most people can get a double off of it. No, you didn't know that when I went on Saturday. He's a great hitter, horrible fielder. But we hadn't seen that when we were there.
Speaker 2: We didn't know that he was gonna lollygagget in Game one of the wild Card round until after I left.
Speaker 1: Glad your kids weren't there. He's not going to teach a masterclass on fielding your position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're we're sitting there and we're watching Aaron Judge warm up, all right, And then the lady next to me goes, oh my gosh, we were just on TV.
Speaker 1: And I'm like what all right? She goes, look and she sent a picture that her mom had taken of us on the TV. The lady like some random New York lady. I was like, oh, that's so cool. Put it on the Instagram. She never sent it to me. Okay, yeah, I should ask her something that to me. Forgot about that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, So then the top of the first starts and the roll call was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's on TV. It's fine. It's a little mucheron eron and he turns around salutes No Carlo, Carlo, he turns on salutes. I mean, then you get a bunch. You get to like this vulpy.
Speaker 3: You know, they're like whoopy, like whoy vulpy.
Speaker 1: Until the guy turns around and the salutes. The crowd will not stop. Which was your top? So fun? I bet to be a part of it. Yes, it's like get downe with this guys because they got a first You know, I'm trying to watch this crap. I able to hit her. It was so fun.
Speaker 2: And then the bottom of the first comes Aaron Judge steps up, crack home run.
Speaker 1: Aron Judge has left the building close to you now left field, fie, what are the chances he got a first inning dong? Exactly so cool. Then I saw Stanton hit a home run. And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: We have the short porch and right and there was no action to the right field corner. Baltimore Orioles had like twelve left handed batters in their lineup, and not a single one of them was putting it down in the right field corner.
Speaker 1: It was so annoying. You should have been with me at CA America. We had twelve foul balls, no less, nothing near us, no foul balls, no change. I had a ball so close I saw their rotation. When you see that, that's when the heart starts going a little bit. That's pretty freaking cool. It's cool, except for my dad was next to me and he can't move because he's stuck in his seat, and he goes, ray, I'm sorry. Next time, I'll do a better job of getting out of your way. I was blocked in. There was no way to get to the ball. I missed it by a foot.
Speaker 2: Well, and then, I mean, there was a guy behind me. And let me tell you, he just commentated the whole game, the whole entire game.
Speaker 1: What is he, Ernie Harwell. It was hilarious.
Speaker 2: He's there with his son and he's just like, I mean, first thing, he's like, oh, here comes Aaron Judge.
Speaker 1: Man. Aaron Judge man, he needs to do this. Yeah, oh that one's gone. That's gone.
Speaker 2: What does that guy think he's gonna sneak a fastball by Aaron Judge?
Speaker 1: What's he thinking? Like Aaron Like, Dad, Papa, shut up up.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just a stupid pitch by that guy, Aaron, Judge, you're not gonna get a you know you're not gonna get a pitch by him.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dad, you care about stream? This is ging boring? And He's like, why would I care about Judge? I only care about Kayson Alton, I know speed. And then Bellinger comes on and he's like, man, I really want Bellinger to hit one. I want him to hit one out. I want him to get to thirty and one hundred. He's been stuck on twenty nine and ninety seven for like two weeks now, like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Like I feel bad for the guy, this guy Historian. I mean he commentated on every single moment of the baseball game. Why don't you get me a popcorn entire thing of baseball, like every play, every bit. I'll come on Blue, like you can see the strike zone from the right field corner, you know what I'm saying, Like, Bro, you can't tell if at the striker ball when we're sitting at the foul pole and they're one hundred feet away.
Speaker 1: They'll do better right now than some of these broadcasters in ESPN because they're about to give up. The ESPN is going to be bankrupt. I think MLB's going to another network. Dude, they're giving us for these playoffs. They're giving us the worst announcers. Really, I mean, besides Carl Ravitch, the other guy, he's horrible. Book Shemby, Book Shumby, that was probably better. I mean, one of them. There's a woman. Oh it might be Doris Burg. No, it has to be Mendoza. She's so annoying. Mendoza.
Speaker 2: I watched baseball yesterday, but I had the volume low because that, you know, talking to people in the howls the kids are there.
Speaker 1: But regardless, that guy would have been good comment. He was so funny, every little comment. Oh that's the Why is he going to that? Why why is he pitching that pitch right there? Like, dude, you don't know what you don't know what pitch sequence is better than that? Hey New York, Frank, how far do you make it? Exactly? Shut up up? Aw man? Oh what lazy? I know.
Speaker 2: The second that's an easy out. That's the we got that one out right, three up, three down that we go out there, we go.
Speaker 1: Hey, Frank, they ever throw eighty in middle school. Yup, get an idiot? You ever played college ball?
Speaker 2: Then I had a moment with Judge the rise top of the fifth inning. I don't know why we went out there to talk to the picture, but we had a meeting at the mound. All rise and they tell me they said that and you guys would all rise.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't say that.
Speaker 2: What about the guy behind you? No, he didn't say that either. And so then they're up there having a talk with the picture, you know what I mean. All the infield's up there and they're blasting some kind of music.
Speaker 1: They called Jerry to deliberations. Yeah, and so Aaron Judges out there and you know, rightfield just hanging out. Hey Judge, what's the verdict? And so the music is going boom but boom, and I just start pointing at him up and down like with the beat, and he did me the glove nod. He pointed and nodded to me. Aaron Judge looked right at me and gave me the glove like the I see you or your wife in the mountain. Nope, nope, no, everybody around like, oh I saw that. They're like I saw that. What color shirt was? She wearing, uh, my wife, I don't know. Was it raining, no sunny day ry? He was looking at me, not the shelf right. I am telling you, I believe you. That's awesome. It was awesome. So he like gave you a head nod. No, he gave me a glove point glove point Boom got the the head nod like with the head nod like Boom got the same thing from Hobby Baias he threw the ball to me and missed me by like five feet, I didn't even include that in my story. Well, what do you mean you missed you by five feet? He threw it. He looked at me because I was doing this with my hat. Yeah, like I was a poor person asking for money. Oh yeah, and he threw the ball five feet over my head. But I didn't even include it in a story because I didn't really think it was cool if a player looked at you like that, because you don't really know if it's you or everybody around me goes, oh, I saw that. They're like, you got the you got the judge he pointed, he acknowledged you. Everybody said it were you recording? No, I didn't. He was organic are streaming. No is an organic moment. I believe you though. It was awesome. Cool. Yeah, and then there's more. We'll take a break and I'll tell you all about it. Right after this, At what point are you going to get to best plage? Black Well? Ray?
Speaker 2: So, then if you watch Aaron Judge warm up, he throws it back and forth with someone comes out of the It's like a bullpen. Catcher comes out of the bullpen, and that's who warms up with him. And then when he's done with warm ups, he always throws the ball into the bleachers in right field. Top of the seventh comes. This is two innings after we had the glove acknowledgment, right and Aaron Judge is warming up, warming up with that catcher. And he gets done and he turns and he's facing the right field bleachers and I stand up and I yell, yo, Joe, you want a flash, honey, get him ready, And he turns his body, he looks at me. He's about forty yards away. He takes that ball, throws it.
Speaker 1: Right to me. Ray, The ball is coming right to me. I mean the perfect accuracy that he is able to throw this ball from forty yards away. Perfect arc, and I mean it is right to me. Ray. He looked right at me, and my wife goes, the ball's coming to you. The ball's coming to you, and I and every and I'm just there in the front row and I put my hands out, Ray, and it goes right through my hands. Ray, and it hits me square in the chest, and you grabbed it from the ground. Ray.
Speaker 2: It hit me with a big boom, a thud, right in my chest.
Speaker 3: And Ray, the ball bounced back on the field. You bumbled the bag. You fumbled the bag.
Speaker 1: Once in a lifetime shot. You could have brought that to the convention, you freaking idiot dude. We would have been able to put that ball on tour. You could have sold that thing if they win the series. It hits you in the chest and landed in right as a fair ball. The bat boy went and stuck it up his butt pocket. Ray, the whole crowd boot me. Was anybody recording? Oh the otherwise? That with us? Goes, I had my phone out, and then she goes, and then I saw the ball coming to you, and I put the phone down. She goes, why didn't I record it? It knocked the air out of you. You miss out. You fumbled the bag. In the crowd boos your ass cry, I mean, boo that man, boom. Due. Those days are hard to catch. It's so hard to catch it. So the adrenaline, the excitement in the moment, like you, there's no way he's gonna throw it to me, right, There's no way. And he turns his body faces me and he just throws. I mean, he threw a perfect strike and he hit me right here in the chest and ray instantly after it hits off my chest, I try to grab it. It goes down on the it goes back on the warning in foul ground, the little foul ground right there, and it's gone. I know you ain't getting it back.
Speaker 2: Security guard comes over, picks it up, and I'm like here and he throws into the right field bleachers and the whole crowd boom.
Speaker 1: I go back to Nashville. You catched some blassos. The only two things from Kenton, Texas Steers and my wife sunk down in her seat. You catch your heads booed.
Speaker 2: And the guy that had been commentating all day, that wasn't very good friend.
Speaker 1: I've never seen a guy drop like that. No, he said, he goes like this, hey man, how the you're not catching? I was right to you, dude, choice threw you the damn ball and you dropped it. How the hell you dropped that? Man? Boom, my bad. We had some emosas at the tavern. I was son kissed. I was like, oh my god. And my wife's like, did it hurt? And I'm like, what do you mean? Did it hurts? Goes there it made a fun on your chest. I was like, I didn't hurt. It didn't hurt. And I mean, Ray, you want to see the red mark on my chest? You have that?
Speaker 2: I mean it was and I mean I was just like, oh my gosh, oh look where the ball hit me.
Speaker 1: Ray, Yeah, there's a red mark. It hits you right in the chest. And I'm sitting there and I mean, dude, I fumbled the bag. The entire crowd is booing you. You probably could have heard that on the yes now for sure.
Speaker 2: Dude, the whole entire section, anybody that was watching, like the part of the bleachers, my whole section, and the set, they all.
Speaker 1: Did, the crowd or something. I was just like, that's why I play soccer. That's why I play soccer. Man, that's why I play soccer.
Speaker 2: Go back to Odina and I mean, Aaron Judge watched.
Speaker 1: This all and I in my head, I'm thinking that when athlete meets fan. There's your example. Guys. Oh my gosh, dude, how do you recover from that? You had to leave? You had to Steve Bartman. People throw pizza at you. Dude, did you you left right? You got you had to grab the wife of kids. Get out of the Bronx. Dude, they start throwing crap at you. He gets hit with a battery, bro, Dude, there's no recovering from that. Y'all want any popcorn or kind of candy, I'll go run. I'll go run up and get it. Dude. I wanted. I was just like this is so bad. I was like, this is so bad. I just got booed in the Bronx. I just got booed in the Bronx. And Aaron Judge is out there going idiot like how I mean he goes that's why he's in the stands. I don't know what he's thinking.
Speaker 2: And then he probably jogged back in the dug out after the eating is like, oh my god, guys, you just should have seen this idiot on the right field corner. I threw in the ball smacked him right in the chest. Dude, you freaking idiot, I said, And I saw my wife, I said, right, is gonna laugh for thirty minutes about me getting hit in the chest by Aaron Judge.
Speaker 1: Dude, And I would actually be totally against you and say you're the worst athlete ever, except for when I saw the rotation on the ball when it was going to foul at Kamerica. The last two feet that ball is cooking and without a glove, and a major league pop up does a lot more than a little league, middle school, high school pop up.
Speaker 2: I mean, Aaron Judge added, like he was a quarterback and I was just wide open down the field. He threw it perfectly, perfect I saw the arc in everything.
Speaker 1: But without a glove, and.
Speaker 2: I I just misjudged it and I put my hands and it was I mean, it got there quicker than I thought it was gonna get there, and book.
Speaker 1: My chest, Dude, onto the field. The fact that it hits you though, and then like, was there a chance that could have stayed in the stands though.
Speaker 2: Dude, I was on the front row, so it literally hit off my chest, right back onto the floor.
Speaker 1: You should have let it come to you in case you dropped it, you could have picked it up. I would have. I didn't mean for it to hit me in the chest.
Speaker 2: I planned to catch it with my hands and walk in here today and pull out an errand judge ball out of my pocket.
Speaker 1: Instead it and the people booed you. They boo oh dude. And that guy behind me when he told me, man, how the you know catch that dog? They do that right to you. Man, No damn judge doing to you. Didn't you drop the You not catch that one? I'm like, all right, yeah, I get it, man, I dropped it. Except velocity was twenty four catch velocity zero. This guy's a zero, all right, man. Crowd's booing you, oh, booing me. Not a good look for the pond. Not a good look. It was so awful.
Speaker 2: And then the Yankees win. Yankees win, and everybody's starting to clear out. You know, We've had a couple of drinks, had a couple of pork missiles, and I didn't do the.
Speaker 1: Nine and nine. I did not even attempt at guys. I did the like two and two.
Speaker 2: It was a nice relaxing day at Yankee Stadium getting booed, and everybody's standing out there hoping the players that come back out and some guy that I don't even know where he was sitting.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I've never even seen this guy. He comes to take a picture by the wall with his son and he looks at me and goes, hey man, you almost had that one, and he does a juggling motion. I'm like, okay, I'm I dude.
Speaker 1: From rows Over, from rows Over. I'm like, hey man, that was like two innings ago. Like we've moved on.
Speaker 2: The Yankees won and they're playing New York, New York and this guy's doing the he you almost had that one, like juggling it. I mean, you want to talk about I was like, can we just go? Guys like this is like, we gotta go. And I get on the train and people are like, oh, you the guy that dropped the ball.
Speaker 1: They no, they weren't.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I texted Batter's Box and he said, quote, I'm embarrassed you're my brother.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to be so against you. It's so crazy, so hard, it's so hard, bro. The game we're at a guy got hit on the head and they took him to the hospital. Really, I don't even know if he made it. He it hit him in the top of the head, same row as you, and jumped up twenty rows and Maria said muff blood was coming from his ears. Of the first day, every foul ball, not one of them was caught. Not one ball was caught. I get it. So I just want that to make you feel a little bit better. It isn't the easiest thing. Those RPMs are not what we're used to with your playing with little Timmy in the backyard. That ball is humping.
Speaker 2: I think ball is probably harder to catch because this was just a throw from Aaron Judge. But I am telling you it got there faster than I thought. And I yes, and I think as it's coming to me, I am just so excited, like I am like, holy crap, Aaron Judges throwing me a ball. Aaron Judges throwing me a ball, And I don't know what happened. I literally don't know what happened. I just remember putting my hands out and it went through your hands, yes, or over my hand.
Speaker 1: I mean I just missed it. It was right there and smack right in the chest. But I mean, you're not gonna catch it like a football, because then there'll be a space in between your fingers where the ball can fit through. Right, You got to catch it like on your shirt. You want to just corral it. It was too and the fact that you didn't catch it, and then you didn't even get to keep it because it went back on the field and the security guard comes running up. I was saying, hey, man, I'll be up here, and he literally left at me and just threw it over on the other side of the fair pole like the foul pole and threw the bleachers, And I was like, mother, Oh, dude, Aaron Judge, dude, it was awesome. How awesome is that? I wonder how badly you missed it. Did you feel it touched your hands or did you totally miss the ball and it just hits you in the chest? All I remember is it hitting my chest? So you had no bruises on your hands or anything? No, And then then you might have not even had your hands up in time and it drilled you in the chest. And then that was your reaction to close your hands. Maybe he might have thrown it forty fifty miles an hour. I mean, I'm telling you he was in right field and he threw a perfect stripe to me, perfect, so perfect that that's where the letters would go across your jersey.
Speaker 2: He hit me right in the freaking chest, in the why And that's the end of Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 1: Man. Man, we'll take a break and we come back. We don't have time for it. We're going to be No, we're not. So we went what it's forty five minutes. I know I told you this was gonna be a long banger. No you didn't. I told you I had a couple of stories from New York. No you didn't. You got did you not think that? I mean that Aaron Judge might be the best story we've ever We need to push Beth Page to Friday. No, no, I'm telling you, dude, you needed to come up with the ball. The story's funny, but we need the ball. The ball would have been huge for the convention. It'd been huge for the Instagram everything, all that. You could have gotten him to sign it, a lot of stuff. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I woke up on Sunday, I'm getting ready and then I kind of touched my chest and I'm like, oh my gosh, there's a bruise there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there's a bruise right here. I can I can feel it. I can feel the bruise. Honey, you want to grab the orange juice. I don't want to drop it. So we get up that morning and we you know, anybody like, was there any hey catch his water bowl? I just kidding, man, was anybody in your group? Yeah?
Speaker 2: My group was like, hey, man, like, we're not going to throw you anything today because we don't want you to miss it.
Speaker 1: I'll catch a cab lunch. We'll not leave that to you. I got it, guys.
Speaker 2: It was more like, hey, man, if like Scotty tosses a golf baller this way, our way, you just get out of the way.
Speaker 1: We'll catch it. I'm like, okay, all right, guys, really funny, really funny Jabby throws at your keys, your wife. I'll get it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we get up and we head to the train station going out of Penn Station heading to freaking Beth Page Black And we get there our trains at eight thirty, get a little bite to eat from the smoothie shop, get on that train and it is packed with people heading to beth Page.
Speaker 1: People are saying seven hundred dollars ubers.
Speaker 2: Well, we took a train, so we've paid thirty bucks. A lot smarter than driving on a freaking uber because the ubers leaving, I saw him just sitting there. They weren't moving, weren't moving.
Speaker 1: It was just a cluster.
Speaker 2: But we ride this train, and you want to talk about a well oiled machine. You get off that train, they have fifty buses lined up. They calig you right onto the buses and take you right to the gates.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 2: Drive through the little town a beth Page. See some of the locals. One guy had a stand set up in his front yard saying beer shots, Welcome to beth Page. Other people had signs no parking. So there's a couple of people embracing this, some that were not happy that it was there.
Speaker 1: Probably a nice community too, right, It was pretty, yeah, pretty? And so we get there and you get in the gates. First thing we do. Here's the thing. There are so many damn people.
Speaker 2: And I thought we were going to be early, getting there at nine to forty five in the morning, because they don't see off till noon on Saturday, right I thought we were going to be way early.
Speaker 1: I was wrong. I think they teed off before that, but sure, No, they teeed off at noon on Saturday Sunday. I was there. I just said Saturday, Sunday, Saturday. They were off at eight am.
Speaker 2: I met Sunday. Okay, Because I was there, I watched some tea off. Man, I watched Cam Young.
Speaker 1: I turn on the TV and I was like, what is this replace from the night before? What They're already teeing off.
Speaker 2: And we're already depressed as we're like, man, this thing's gonna last about two hours.
Speaker 1: The USA was getting house housed, and we're like.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be here for a couple hours, then we're gonna go home. This is not this is not worth the trip, not worth the money. I can't believe we did this. But let's just go have fun. First thing we do, hit the gift shop. My god, that thing is bigger than our entire building.
Speaker 1: It was huge. Trying to make money merchandising, Yes, Toby Keith, the late I made more money in merch in the president of the United States, I mean.
Speaker 2: And of course everything's way overpriced, just because this says Beth Page, Ryder Cup.
Speaker 1: They can charge you an arm and a leg. I see you're still wearing your Challenge sweatshirt, which means you didn't buy anything there. Now, I bought a polo and I bought a hat for golf. Yeah yeah, I mean, and to remind you of the time we got absolutely rinsed at our own tournament American Soil.
Speaker 2: No, just to say that I was there, Like, it's kind of like a I was there. It's kind of like a flex, you know, it feels like a big deal. And then Pitt's wanted me to get him a shirt.
Speaker 1: So I hit him up. I was like, did you really want me to buy you a shirt? Brother? That wouldn't mind penning ninety dollars or something, says Beth Page.
Speaker 2: And so he said, yeah, brother, just something, you know, it doesn't have to be a shirt, just something to you know, kind of from there'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, So I got him a shirt. Would you get him a vape?
Speaker 2: I got him a red shirt says you know, Ryder Coven has the New York Skyline. It's a pretty dope shirt if you're asking me. So I do all that check out and then the other couple were with there in their shopping forever forever, and I'm like, guys, we've got to get moving if we're going to get a spot on the course.
Speaker 1: That's when groups separate, when we go on trips with couples if they're slow. My name's Ben, and I'm out, my name's go, my name is Joe. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: And so I'm just sitting there, sitting there, me and the wife, and I'm like, you know what, I gotta go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go. And so I walk in the bathroom was like a mile, felt like a mile.
Speaker 2: So I walk find the bathroom, go to the bathroom, Like, well, I'm not gonna walk all the way back over there, because they're gonna have to walk this way. So I went to the putting green and I saw Cam Young coming off the pudding Green. He played well and he came up over the bridge and everybody's cheering for him, and then he goes over the chipping green. I sat there and watched him Chip. I watched Justin Thomas Chip, I watched Justin Rose Chip. And that's when the news came out that Victor Hovelin slept on his neck wrong and they get a free half point because he can't play.
Speaker 1: Absolute bull crap. It should have been a point to the US, right, if you can't play, you don't get credit for a tie.
Speaker 2: That would have put a lot more pressure on the Europeans because we're that much closer to squirreling their ass on a Sunday and the biggest comeback and Ryder Cup history.
Speaker 1: So if you want to be petty, why not just five of their players sit out and they're all have and they all win and they win. Yeah, I mean, why would you not do that? Dumbest rule? They go, it's been there since nineteen seventy two. Change it. Yeah, guess what speed? Let it use to be fifty five and seventy two? We changed it. Yeah, there's been a secret envelope drop where the captain says the player that'll sit out and it's a tie a half point. Damn it. Victor Hovelin is sick and dead and it's a tie. What well? I thought I thought we had no chance on Saturday. Wake up Sunday morning. We really have no chance in hell coming back from this, and we're.
Speaker 2: Just giving free point half points away but anyway, so then they finally meet up with me and we watch it. We go and walking around and we see Scotti Scheffler on the putting green.
Speaker 1: Ooh, he was a corpse all weekend and he was missing putt after putt after putt.
Speaker 2: But I knew Cam Young was gonna be on because I watched him chip and every chip was within three feet of the hole, every single one.
Speaker 1: And he won.
Speaker 2: And I was like, this, dude's gonna be on fire today. And I all right, then we're gonna go get something to eat. So we ballygag over to the food tent get somebody to eat, and it's eleven fifty eight. I'm like, guys, they're about to tee off on number one. So we get to number one, thirty people deep, you ain't gonna see crap.
Speaker 1: It was like twenty I was there. I saw it on TV.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, I'm gonna tell you twenty thirty in person, it looks like fifty. Okay, you gotta stand way back if you're going to see something. So I stand way back to watch Cam Young te off.
Speaker 1: Then I watched Justin Rose t off and they're like, We're like, we gotta go, that's not where you want to be where they tea off. W you went over that you want to be where they finished. I understand that we just got food.
Speaker 2: It was just starting. We didn't and so we were walking and we're like, we gotta go. We gotta get to the end of one, get to end of the one thousands of people around the green already eight hundred, okay, so let's go to whole number two, thousands of people on whole number two. Okay, let's go to whole number three, thousands of people on whole number three. All right, well we got we gotta start moving, guys, Let's get to four thousands of people on number four.
Speaker 1: Are the chicks cool with this right now? Are they getting kind of irked? You guys are pushing them along?
Speaker 2: Uh, they're okay, We're like, hey, sorry, they're practically running because the dude I was with, he's taller than me. He's like six', Four so we're both huffing it and these women are got their short little.
Speaker 1: Legs. Yeah, See baser would have already been. Annoyed they were kind of. Annoyed i'll be honest with. You the next hole will be a lot. Funner so we get to number five and it's like so many, people the women can't. See it's, like, gosh all, right let's. Go let's go to number. Six they doing the math that they're gonna have to go about sixteen. Holes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we get to number six and number six the green is down in like a, bowl and we find a perfect hill because we're early, enough so you can see the drives come in and land about one hundred yards eighty yards out and then you can see him chip onto the green and see him. Putt so we's parked it right there on this hill forty five minutes befo a player even got. There so for forty five, minutes you're just standing there at a, rope, yes talking to a god ball.
Speaker 1: Marker how's? Going how'd you get this? Job oh you're a. Volunteer no, no, no there's not even volunteers on that whole game because there's no one. There you're out here for. Free, no they're tired in best. Page. Huh no parking on your front.
Speaker 2: Lawn no, no, no there's no one even on the hole because there's no, Players so there's not even volunteers on the whole.
Speaker 1: Game they're just standing there in the middle of a golf, course not even, playing just watching. Nothing, yeah that's. Funny in The judge, story.
Speaker 2: We're watching the big screen over there and watching watching A tv at the golf.
Speaker 1: Tournament THEN i was watching on my. Couch, Yeah i've never been to a golf. Tournament nobody's convinced me that they're fun old On, okay let me convince. You, okay the energy was.
Speaker 2: Awesome as you're walking around in all the chants and the screaming and the.
Speaker 1: Yelling, dude, sorry he isn't a. Library, yeah this isn't a, library like miss, it.
Speaker 2: Miss, it you, know just like funny it. Was the energy was elect.
Speaker 1: Hilarious so that chance they had At, rory the one that started with AN f and the A, t that was. Cool, no that wasn't WHEN i was a really classy move on The. AMERICA i didn't hear that. PART i wasn't. THERE i wasn't. There possible another chance we can do that doesn't start with AN. F i wasn't. THERE i wasn't there when that.
Speaker 2: Happened what about the cup throwed that was the day, Before because when we're on number, six then the players start, coming so then start. More people started to come up, more but the drink tent was right.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: Perfect we got to see the shot of the day, though BECAUSE i mean it was already an ass kicking by the time they got to our.
Speaker 1: Hole everything one was, red, red, red. Red, Right oh my, gosh we're losing like every. Match, wait we were, red idiot or? Blue whatever the hell we? Went you were what he thought you were root For europe freaking. Idiot, NO i mean D.
Speaker 2: Chambeau by the time he got to our hole was already down.
Speaker 1: Four you go To iceland once and think You're. European, Sorry i'm. OOLOGIZE i got it. Backwards it was all red and then it was all. Blue what DID i? Say it Was europe winning whatever it was the color we didn't. Want you obviously didn't watch it ON. Tv, NO i didn't watch it ON tv because it was obvious the blue the entire. Weekend it was the whole.
Speaker 2: WEEKEND i didn't see the tournament UNTIL i got. THERE i had no idea what the holes looked.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: NOTHING i didn't see any of the. Coverage, DUDE i was In New. YORK i was hanging out With Aaron. Judge it was a sea of.
Speaker 1: Blue and we needed to turn. Red thank. You and.
Speaker 2: We got to See Justin thomas chipping. In that was the HOLE i was.
Speaker 1: On, okay that was bad. Ass. Sure and then D chambeau has a chance to win the. Hole.
Speaker 2: Missus his putt saw that And i'm, like go back to live and, everybody yeah.
Speaker 1: Blue you again the same. Crowd and then that's the guy from The yankees. Game.
Speaker 2: Boooo then there was a these four or five. Broskies they were good, friends they were they were they were so.
Speaker 1: Fun Jay jay T.
Speaker 2: Jay they had all these chance they had cooked, up didn't, help and everybody joined in. It, yeah here Comes scotty he couldn't win the, Hole here comes. Whatever the six was, great great.
Speaker 1: Spot it was so. Fun got to See.
Speaker 2: Rory rory had like seven cops with him on A sunday because of all the stuff that went Down.
Speaker 1: Saturday, yeah they said increased security on THE tv. Broadcast he was. Surrounded his wife was kind of walking around with him.
Speaker 2: Too and you know who we saw walking, UH i don't know who if he, was if he was With, rory if he was WITH i don't remember who was With, no he was With John. Rong who the hell was, It Paul. Gasol, yeah he's A.
Speaker 1: European, yeah well.
Speaker 2: Yo Paul, Gasol, paul and he waved to us, like yeah a tall hey here the guy from The yankees. Game and so after we watched most of the group come through on six we're, like, well we got to get somewhere on the back now, night.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna convince the chicks to go to. Twelve so we go to. Twelve can't see? Anything eight? Deep all, right eight rose eight rose. DEEP i let's go to.
Speaker 2: Thirteen same, thing, fourteen same, thing, fifteen same, thing.
Speaker 1: Sixteen there's no one on. Sixteen, yeah we can get. There SO i got my spot on.
Speaker 2: Sixteen dead even with a freaking, hole and we could watch them from the fairway a fly in and watch the. Putts only problem is we didn't realize is that's where everyone in their damn mom was gonna. Stand why they're putting on that. HOLE i had to yell At Kegan, Browly, Hey, kegan.
Speaker 1: Move out of the. WAY i can't see the. Putt. Oh the, team, yes it was so. Annoying out of their, earpieces they're all talking secretive the whole.
Speaker 2: Time, Yes i'm, like look look At kegan blogging my view of the. Hole i'm, like king and get out of the way to open your. Legs what are you really yelling at?
Speaker 1: Him? YEAH i really yelled at. Him don't know what our guys couldn't focus worth? Crap might.
Speaker 2: Go down the whole, key go a little down the, hill taking down the hill place.
Speaker 1: Thanks, coaching or spread your legs a little water kicking AS i can see the whole, through we're chatting in our own.
Speaker 2: Players That's, rory That's god, right.
Speaker 1: It Goes. BRYSON i love you cheering For keegan, Though God's. God bright out Whoa and you're also you're cheering For. Keegan the dude's not even, playing you, KNOW i, KNOW i. Know that's right after he chipped it, in.
Speaker 2: Dude and so we're on sixteen and we're watching and, dude when D chambeau, here here's the. Problem and once they you could watch them t off on seventeen on that part, three but you couldn't see where it.
Speaker 1: Landed and also did you know what shot they were? On did you know if they were going for the. Wind did you know if they were going for park on the. Screen it would show you, them it would show you.
Speaker 2: Okay and when they're hitting into our, GREEN i could see Because i'd watched their drive and then you could see them hit their second shot and you, knew, okay when they got to the, green they're on the they're putting For. Birdie every time the women were they able to fall along at. All, uh the women kind of lost interest back at seven. Ray once we got to, sixteen they went to the drink tend to get his drinks AND i don't know. Where they disappeared for like an, hour and then they came back and then they were just kind of, her you want to get up, here and they're, like now we're. Okay and they were watching people t off on, seventeen but they weren't really that. Concerned but the, like when The americans started winning some of these, matches the energy was going. Crazy and when D chambeau completed his comeback to get half a point.
Speaker 1: On, eighteen beers were flying in the.
Speaker 2: Air that's when everybody started, thinking oh my, god The americans can win this.
Speaker 1: Crap did he? Tire did he? Win he, tied but he got that half. Point that was. Huge because he was down by five four or five by. Fie he would have known that if you were watching ON tv and it was. Unbelievable it. Was and Then henley crapped the. Bet. Yeah so it was a Blowout, friday Blowout. Saturday we were absolutely. Screwed but WHAT i realized with This Ryder, cup as long as your singles play, good you can Suck friday And saturday and still win the whole. Thing so we could have gone nine and, two nine and one with a tie and we would have been able to. Win and there was a lot of reds on THE. Tv there was times when they'd be six lit, up five lit, up couple. Ties there was always a. Blue A berg was always ahead by two. Yeh and yes that was huge When bryson did what he did and Then henley and also he's top, three, eh, eh what is? He? Hurley who is this? Guy he had a four foot? Putt oh my, god he left it short any? SHIT i mean just down his? Leg, yeah no he. Did NOW i want to, know how did you see me ON? Tv SO i was flipping back and forth between the football AND Usa europe Because I'm, american proud of my, Company country And. Company iHeart baby all the, way same. Color it all worked, together and SO i just flipped it. Over and it was a huge point in the golf thing where all the other ones we were kind of. Red but what was important is that we didn't tie that, one, yeah and That bryson won. His so they were like there was like a ten minute window where it was important. Golf. Yeah i'm watching as a PROUD Us. AMERICAN i, said this is our. Chance after just getting absolutely sodomized all weekend By, EUROPE i was tired of. IT i, SAID i would actually Like europe to make this. Comeback AND i knew you were, there AND i wanted people to start going. Crazy ALL i saw was people freaking out it The europeans AND us getting our names put all over there That americans are. Rude, well let's win and be rude instead of. Losing be. Rude and there was that small point WHERE i turned on THE tv and it was a big shot AND i see a dude in a red shirt and it looked just like, you except for you look way. Fatter ON. Tv it looked like a bigger.
Speaker 2: Dude CAN i tell You Scotti scheffler doesn't look that fat in, Person LIKE i think he looks fat ON.
Speaker 1: Tv he doesn't look. Fat, okay he looks fat ON. Tv he does not look. Fat and when they panned, you you look fat THAT i almost didn't even recognize. Y'all go is That? Lunchbox And boomer's on the phone with me talking about his. Concert then he went To Zach. BRYAN i, Go, BOOMER i gotta call you. BACK i got a record ON. Tv i'm pretty SURE i just Saw lunchbox ON. Tv hung up On. Boomer rewind it and it was. You but thirty pound sounds. Heavier that camera is adding a lot of weight on.
Speaker 2: People because WHEN i Saw Scotty, SCHEFFLER i was, like that dude, SKINNY i did he is not fat like it looks ON.
Speaker 1: Tv and then you went to clean off your, phone lifted up your, shirt your gut looked huge and you're.
Speaker 2: Skinny, yeah THAT tv. WAS i was amazed BECAUSE i had taken a picture AND i looked at the. PICTURE i was, like, oh that's. BLURRY i need to clean off MY i had no idea THE tv camera was on.
Speaker 1: Me didn't even see it. Anywhere, yeah it was able to show probably like fifteen people in the. Crowd second row couldn't have been. Seen you were the first. Row, Yeah and so it just panned over to you because you were kind of Behind Henley, hurley AND i, go that's gotta be. Lunchbox but good, gosh as you put on forty, POUNDS i thought it was maybe a guy that looked like, you heavy set, fella just as that good old lunchbox beard. Going AND i was, like that's, him, Though but he doesn't own a red. Shirt AND i was, like maybe he went shopping at Beth page and got him a red. Shirt. NO i had a red shirt BECAUSE i had ordered A usa, shirt like with all these DIFFERENT usa, stuff And amazon brought me the wrong. Size they brought me An excel and THEN i LOOKED i had a.
Speaker 2: HOODIE i had to have a red shirt because they said wear red On, sunday And i'm, like all, Right i'll wear. RED i got a red, shirt and SO i brought that shirt, just you, know BECAUSE i didn't have the FREAKING usa one that was an extra. LARGE i didn't want to be wearing a freaking trash bag extra large. Shirt so that's WHAT i, had AND i wasn't. GONNA i didn't go buy A Beth paced shirt and then just put it on that. Day it's like wearing a shirt at a.
Speaker 1: Concert can't do. IT a lot of people did, it not, me ben, It i'm not in, it AND i was, like That's lunchbox with a little bit of a fat suit. ON i wasn't even gonna record it BECAUSE i didn't think it was. YOU i just thought it was a heavy set fella that you have a similar looking face to a lot of. People there was a ref in the sec that looks like. You we posted, him SO i, thought maybe lunch just has a really familiar looking. Face what are the chances in one of the final holes he has a front row spot right there on the Green not. LIKELY i wasn't even gonna record. IT i go, boomer hold, on this might Be lunchbox in a fat. SUIT i go record, it play it, back AND i was, like oh'll be damn to. HIM i. Posted we got one hundred and thirty thousand. Views it's our most Popular instagram. Video, DUDE i can't BUT i thought you had a fat brother In New york or. Something, man holy, hell didn't even think it was. You what happened to, you? Man how many pies did you put? Down did you go for a run when you got? Back look? Fatterned, Crap oh, guys and the camera is not five, pounds it's.
Speaker 2: Fifty holy, crap, Dude, DUE i couldn't believe. IT i don't understand how my, my my people didn't see me AND i told him WHERE i sent them a picture of WHERE i was.
Speaker 1: Standing it was just fortunate that you were positioned where you were in the most important position of the. Match is all that it. Was it was. Awesome that Was that was really. Funny you didn't really know in your head that that putt was as crucial as it. Was, NO i was just, going let's go, inland, Right but it could have been another golfer in a different. Hole it had a big, shot, right but yours was near it. Narrowing could it could have been on the, eighteenth could have been, okay and.
Speaker 2: The eighteen LIKE i would have had to go to the. EIGHTEENTH i feel like right after the they teed off on number one to get a good.
Speaker 1: Spot but why did they finish on? Sixteen they. Didn't that was The that was just where they were in that point in the. Time. Okay then they went to seventeen and, eighteen but he couldn't catch. Up after, that he was still. Leading he blew it on seventeen and eighteen and gave. Up oh, yes he gave it. Up. Okay if he would have got that, putt he would have won. It maybe been up three or something closed the. Mat, okay all, right and he didn't get, it AND i was, like come on, in, yeah so it was, OKAY i got. It oh, dude it was. Crazy and then just so you, know, guys you go to A Ryder cup, six, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen those are your whole right, there because that's really crunch. Time unless it's a, blowout it'll end, earlier, Right but most likely you picked one of the three holes where it's going to be super, competitive and that's where THE tv broadcast is going to. Be it was just luck luck of the.
Speaker 2: Draw LIKE i, MEAN i went to six and THEN i went to, sixteen so in between all THAT i had to watch it on a screen like you did at.
Speaker 1: Home the energy was, amazing it was, fun it was. Electric BUT i turned it off after, That SO i don't think eighteen would have been the spot because most of the people turned it off because at that Point europe won because they were so far. Ahead, yeah, yeah BUT i, Did like so then we like once we were, like oh it's, over you know WHAT i, Mean we're, LIKE i might as well walk get out of, here you. Know and so we started walking back AND i did get to See Sam burns And bobby mack tee off on number. Eighteen that was pretty, Cool, LIKE i MEAN i was really close to. Them, LOOK i mean this is WHERE i was on eighteen tea. Box you don't really care to see him tee. Off but they, WERE i, mean because everybody started clearing out once it was, Over, yeah once it was. Over and also we if we would have gotten that, point that full point From, hove we would have still Needed hurley to have made his shot and then we would have, won, right but.
Speaker 2: The pressure that The europeans would have felt us closing in would have been so much. More they knew they had still room for.
Speaker 1: Error you had a chance for that crowd to be absolute. Bedlam, yeah and Then hurley down his leg he did and can you bleep? That? Yeah, MAN i got. It and so THEN i we did go to the grand.
Speaker 2: Stand and watch the team, handshake like we watched them finish out and then we're, like.
Speaker 1: All, right let's. GO tv was. OFF i turned that.
Speaker 2: Off, YEAH i didn't watch the trophy, Presentation LIKE i was, like, no women need to charge their.
Speaker 1: Phone so we went to a phone charging.
Speaker 2: Station then we had to go pick up our stuff that we bought from the Pro shot because you could leave it there in storage for twenty dollars so much the best twenty dollars ever.
Speaker 1: Spent so you don't have to carry it around all. DAY i heard it The. Masters you got to carry it around all day and it's so. Annoying, yeah and.
Speaker 2: Then the greatest thing happened to, me And i'll tell you right after. This so we're walking back to the pro, shop me and my, buddy and the women are charging their phones and there's this, drunk older dude and he has twenty, jackets all these, shirts he has all sorts of.
Speaker 1: Memorabilia and he walks up to this cop and he's, like, HERE i want you to have this for working this. Weekend you think he's on a. List, NO i don't think he's on the.
Speaker 2: List and she's like What he's, like it's two hundred and fifty dollars to the gift Shop.
Speaker 1: Ray one of those websites you can see if they're near.
Speaker 2: You and she's, LIKE i can't take gifts and he's, like, no, no, no thank you for what you do and thank you for your hard work out here this.
Speaker 1: WEEKEND i want you to have this gift. Card ladies being all honorable and there's just been complete debauchery at the golf, Course, lady you can break a couple of. Rules we threw a beer At rory's, wife For god's, sakes and she's, like, NO i can't take.
Speaker 2: It and he's like, okay and he starts walking, away heading to the, exit And i'm, like wait a. Minute did he just offer that lady two hundred and fifty dollars gift card that he's not going to use to The Beth Page Ryder cup gift. Shop, huh, well let me go tap him on the shoulder.
Speaker 1: HERE i, said, hey, man if you want to give me that two hundred and fifty dollars gift, Card i'll take. It and he looks at me and, goes h, okay hand me a two hundred fifty dollars gift. Card shesh AND i was, like thank you. Man he was, like have a good.
Speaker 2: One AND i mean he had so much merch he couldn't even carry it.
Speaker 1: All pretty. Much what do you think he? Was he rich and it had to be. Rich he had to have like a suite or. Something they gave him all these gift cards and he didn't use it all that it had to. Be AND i was, like there's no way this thing's going to. Work SO i go back in there and buy me get a bunch of. Stuff, well brother's got a free. Shirt AND i go up to the counter And i'm, like, oh that's probably ain't gonna. Work and she, goes, well if they have the gift, card ours are one time use, only so they can't you, know got a use at. All so he, goes if they have a gift, card it's valid and she scanned. It, Boom got me a, jacket got me a, shirt got me a towel for my, bag got me two t. SHIRTS i, mean, damn that'll help. You forget about The Aaron judge ball. Smart it was.
Speaker 2: Great and that Was New york. Man that was ALL i did In New. York but my summary of the whole Experience Beth. Page the energy was, exciting but the atmosphere was.
Speaker 1: Folding it was slow to start because we were down by so. Much it was very slow to. Start the energy was. Fun you don't get to see a lot of the golf when you're. There that's the. Problem WOULD i go. BACK i don't know if i'd go.
Speaker 2: BACK i don't know if golf tournaments are for, Me like golf tournaments in person may not be for me unless you HAVE vip access where you have the premium seats in the grandstand and you don't have to fight for, seats then. Maybe but trying to plod your way across the golf course and get front row every, hole my name is.
Speaker 1: It i'm not in.
Speaker 2: It SO i would rate it at three out of.
Speaker 1: Five. Experience the energy, cool seeing.
Speaker 2: The top, golfers but having to go all the way to number six and wait forty five minutes before seeing the first.
Speaker 1: Golfer not that, great. Right the chicks weren't that. Attractive New york not full of a lot of. Lookers my question is, this, so say you live to, eighty there's only going to be forty of these tournaments in your. Lifetime twenty of them In, america you've already missed ten of. Them ten of, them so there's ten left that you can go. To you went to that, one so there's nine left that you can go. To and you're saying right now that you will say pass to something you only have a chance of going to nine more times in your.
Speaker 2: Life LIKE i, said IF i HAVE, vip great, seats guaranteed grand stand every HOLE i go, TO i can just get in the grand.
Speaker 1: Stands i'd go. Back if you die in your, sixties there's about four more that you could go.
Speaker 2: TO i.
Speaker 1: Understand and you're saying. Pass, yeah if you die in your, fifties you've got a chance to go to one, more two, more two, more and you're gonna pass probably all. RIGHT i mean it was cool and the experience was, awesome so. Fun i'll be it next year's there won't be one next, Year that's What i'm. SAYING i ain't going to that. S i'll watch it ON. Tv, YEAH i want to go to the Europe one's. Good The european woman got some wrong. Ones it's gonna be An ireland. Man get your playing ticket, now drink with The dublin. People, sorry it's such a long Pod. Man that Was New York, Man New, York New. York you want me to play. It The yankees won that. GAME i got a video of. IT i Know yanks, go, DUDE i used. To you're. RIGHT i didn't post any on THE i don't know WHY i. Didn't i'm. SORRY i THOUGHT i was posting the st