Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. It is Monday, January twenty ninth. The Ravens fell to the Chiefs in the AFC Championship on Sunday, and today the team had a team meeting and then they cleaned out their lockers.
Speaker 2: To head into the offseason.
Speaker 1: There's lots of questions for the Ravens as they head into this offseason. Today we heard from some of the key players, including safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 3: Kyle looked like you were kind of biting through speakers.
Speaker 4: I guess everyone does all year, but what specifically are you feeling for their physically and how'd.
Speaker 5: You come out of the game.
Speaker 6: You know, just typical AFC Championship injuries. You know everybody's heard at this point of the years. Everybody's got something. So just bumps a bruces up, all right, though.
Speaker 7: Kyle's sae like this the reality of the moment that you know the season's over despite having a year that.
Speaker 4: You guys have had.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's abrupt.
Speaker 6: You know you never planned on, especially in our case, we weren't planning on you know, having locked clean out today. But uh, things that go our way, and you know, we gotta learn from it become better for it.
Speaker 4: Uh, how do you view the future?
Speaker 9: I mean, you can stabish yourself.
Speaker 4: It's obviously one of the best players.
Speaker 3: On this team.
Speaker 10: How do you view the the future of this team?
Speaker 1: And and your role would be even a piece of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's just gonna be about consistency for me. You know, I feel like I said a good foundation this year, but uh, it's what have you done for me lately in this league? So gonna try to build on it next year and going forward. But some i'a look back on and be proud of and just hope for better next year.
Speaker 8: We start building off that question. What do you think you how do you think it change?
Speaker 11: Does maybe a leader of this team, obviously a leading play make for this team? Do you feel different this year?
Speaker 8: I I would just say with my play.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I think I try to go out there and be a energy guy and just allow guys to build off what I'm doing on the field, whether it's making him play, you know, communicating, getting guys confidence, stuff like that. And I feel like that's something that I've grown into this year terms vocally, I feel like I could build on that a little more going into you know, I'm still twenty two and trying to uh find away in that sense, but you know you got.
Speaker 8: Time for that.
Speaker 1: What's your top part?
Speaker 11: Where's going to.
Speaker 8: Golf?
Speaker 12: Probably right now?
Speaker 13: How does the the feeling that you know a lot's gonna change or the least the players of free agency, you know, just about coaching staff? Does that make today?
Speaker 2: That that reality kind of sinking yids?
Speaker 11: That make the day?
Speaker 8: You can tumber?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's it's part of this, uh, this league. You know, no, no team's the same, uh year and year out. And uh, Luckily for us we got a group of core guys. You're gonna still be here, but you know, we're losing a lot at the same time, and it's that's happening everybody around the league. So it's up to us to just lock back in no matter who's coaching, doesn't matter who's playing with us, you know, the the mission stays the same. And uh, I think we're all about it on that.
Speaker 14: Oh when you see some of the stuff that just set it on the morder in the redg of this game, and Stephen, you see stuff like that, what's your reppen?
Speaker 6: I don't really have any reaction to Honestly, it's you know, it's just talking heads at this point. You know, they got a job to do, I guess, and they gotta get views and stuff like that. But I don't think Lamark Harris, no, I, nor do ODD care what other people have to say outside of this building. So you know, they can say he's the best quarterback every one week and then next week say whatever they want to say. But I mean that just comes with the territory, you know, heavy as the head that wears the ground. So there's a lot of people out there hoping for people like with Martin Phield, but we all know that he's the best player in this league and I'm glad to have mine team.
Speaker 2: That was safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 1: We also heard from linebacker Patrick Queen, who is heading into free agency this offseason.
Speaker 15: Come to realize what happened and how close you were in just misunfortunate. You know, stuff happens, and we wanted to be on the other side and we just wasn't. So there's nothing to do. We all long, you know, now it's just a time to learn from and improved from it, and you know, just get better.
Speaker 9: Patrick, You've been a part of a few of these clean outs. Now, how does this day feel different than the ones previous?
Speaker 15: Feels the same. Honestly, anytime you lose, alright, you gotta go home and feel the same.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 15: Never good. Uh, it's just tough, honestly. You know, all the guys that you work around, you know all that common goal that y'all share, you know, you just didn't reach it.
Speaker 8: So it it definitely sucks.
Speaker 9: I was in the locker room yesterday. I noticed you were one of the last ones out of there last night.
Speaker 8: You talking with Lamar for a while.
Speaker 9: Any any reason to that? I mean, were you kind of taking it all in y you know, you don't obviously know what the future holes with you and the organization you you did, you know, hang around a little bit longer last night. Any reason for that?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we were just talking about like just not letting his moment get us twice. You know, my future uncertain, uh, and you know if I am playing with him again, then we just don't want let that happen to us again. I definitely wouldn't wanted it to happen if I'd do go somewhere else. So it was just basically I was just uh keeping each other his in it. Uh, just knowing that it's off season, just to get better.
Speaker 7: Patrick Gobs, like you said that you don't know what's gonna happen in the future, but do you do you wanna be here?
Speaker 15: Uh? I mean yeah, of course, you know just where I started it at, so it definitely be nice to come back. But at the same time, you know, I just I just gotta do it best for me, do it best for my family, and then they gotta do its best for them on the other side too as well. So you know wherever that leads to. I I th it's it's up to God.
Speaker 1: How how do you plan to approach that process?
Speaker 15: Just pray on it, uh, I think try to do too much myself, too much thinking myself or with other people. I think, Uh, it's it's a lot of words, starts happening and stuff. So I'm just pray on it, leave it to God, and whatever happen happens it.
Speaker 1: How pleased were you with I mean, you had a great season, you know, uh, played at such a high level. How how pleased were you to deliver that kind of season? You know obviously in a contract here?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Uh, I wish I had to did a little bit better, uh with like a turner or something yesterday. I think that's my only r only regret is not being able to get the ball at least once uh to give our office has done a chance. So you know, I feel, you know, great about the whole season up to until that point yesterday end. It's unfortunately what happened, but definitely feel great.
Speaker 11: And how yo you at you with the brooke want because it so gynastic as one Packer's the last season and a half. And what what about patting.
Speaker 12: Browonta's team changed your career?
Speaker 11: And and is it kind of hard to kind of think of out here in a certain team when he feels like you.
Speaker 8: Took down something.
Speaker 15: He definitely taught me a lot. He taught me how to lead, taught me how to you know, be who's supposed to be on the field. Uh, and the off the field as well. It's just it's so much stuff he taught me, man I it could go on for days.
Speaker 8: Bruh.
Speaker 15: The just a great dude, great guy, a great teammate, everything that you want the leader. And you know, there's definitely stuff that I'll take with me for the rest of my life, even if I'm not here, then he taught me. Cause the dude, here's a reason why he got what he got and why he's here. So just just all the respect to him.
Speaker 14: How tri had you ever one of the many free agents or have you guys talked about how this do you pick up a lot different next year?
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's w that was the whole talk. That's the why we wanted to get to where we wanted to get to. So we definitely talked about it already and everybody already knew. So that's why definitely s s things a lot.
Speaker 14: Patrick, given that, though, how long was it take for you to get over?
Speaker 12: Especially give it him a certain to you these opportunities speaks or.
Speaker 8: Is there.
Speaker 15: Takes probably the whole off season, honestly, just you don't wanna lose like that. Honestly, it's just too close to two of us grabs. Just too many opportunities that we had to be able to capitalize that we didn't. So, uh, that's what stings the most, and that's why it just takes so long to get over, cause you don't get another chance until the next sicon start, and then you gotta make your way there again. Can you you even get a chance.
Speaker 8: So that's why it hurts kW W do you guys need this? So you had a team today and what was the message? Just learn from it?
Speaker 15: You know, God doesn't make mistakes, and you know whenever you're called on by him, that's when your time will come. So there's nothing to do all long. You just gotta live with it, learn from him.
Speaker 8: Were you able to talk to your family after the game? Yeah?
Speaker 7: What did they have to stay for 'em?
Speaker 8: Yeah? They was happy, happy this could be just proud of me.
Speaker 15: Uh, definitely slung, definitely slung a definitely crowd a little be in the car or at my card Lan embracement and stuff, but uh, it was definitely Uh good moments with him.
Speaker 3: Gotch's paving like mcviolens in the bigs for like aliant coaching positions, work with He's been there for you as.
Speaker 16: You kind of start.
Speaker 8: I never hope at Baltimore's he stays. But what something to you to get against? Uh?
Speaker 15: I think he is the best candidate out there right now. I don't think nobody doesn't like him, Nobody cares like him. Uh, nobody will do what he does. He will not rest until he has everything right. So whoever gets him if he leaves, uh, he probably is getting like the best candidate out there. I mean the guys all around. Just the best person I've been around, coach wise, person wise, and just you know, he really cares. He truly cares about the players, the people around the organization, and the fans.
Speaker 2: That was linebacker Patrick Queen.
Speaker 1: Another free agent who sets to hit the market this year is safety Gino Stone. Year.
Speaker 8: Work it out. It may not be that I mean, but it's a he's kind of a special situation. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Nah, you know, like I said, I'm just gonna wait and see.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 17: You know, sometime I was talking to my agent and you know, talk with teams about but you know, I'm not gonna try to think about it right now at the end of the day. Uh you know, I I know, I I wanna know what my what my value is and stuff like that. But uh, it is what it is.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 12: I appreciate, I appreciate this organization.
Speaker 17: No I I I know my role is my role here and uh, you know, whatever the opportunity I get next, whatever it is, if I'm here, b back here or somewhere else, you know, at the.
Speaker 12: End of the day, I'm just would still be me.
Speaker 13: Would you like to.
Speaker 8: Stay your Is it or is it against something You're just have to kind of wig?
Speaker 12: No, it's probably something just got away, you know.
Speaker 17: I I love this organization a lot, but at the end of the day, it's you know, I gotta wait my options, you know.
Speaker 12: Uh, you know, you just a business. You gotta do is best for you.
Speaker 8: Ha.
Speaker 2: How do you just you know, how do you look at this season?
Speaker 1: You obviously establish stuff as a playmaker kimber of his picks, How do you view the season.
Speaker 4: As a hole for you?
Speaker 12: No, I'm just, like I said, I'm appreciative of of it. You know.
Speaker 17: I never I mean, I didn't think I was gonna have this type of season, but you know, the be uh, the breakout like this and have the type of year I had and impact I had on this team and this defense. You know, I'm always grateful for uh, you know, I'm I'm I'm blessed honestly, but you know, just I'm just happy for the year we that we had as a as a team. You know, but like I said, we felt one one game short, so you know, it kind of sucks.
Speaker 8: Did y.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like with the the type of year you had, he production you had, you kind of show the entire league of what you're capable of and that you could be a you can be a starter and a play maker.
Speaker 8: In this league.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean I j I mean I always felt like that. I mean, nah, I just kind of showed it this year. So you know, no matter how the teams view me or whoever reviews me, that it is what it is and that's how that's all being free agency or whatever it or if I make it there.
Speaker 6: So what was it like playing for Mike McDonald this year and as he is interviewing for head pushing jobs.
Speaker 12: What's kind of your pitch for about that?
Speaker 8: No, Mike's a great guy.
Speaker 17: I feel like, I mean kind of show the type of guy he is and uh, the schemes he has set up and everything like that. You know, he's a guy that's always on the things, guys that must to be ahead of the offenses and stuff like that. So Mike showed what he could really be this year, and he put a bunch of guys in great positions. You know, we went out there and the executed his plan.
Speaker 1: That was safety Gino Stone veteran Kyle van Noyt, who's also scheduled to become a free agent, also talk with the media.
Speaker 10: We really like put an effort in that a lot of people could see, you know, wish we could have made the plays to change that circumstance of the game, but honestly proud of the way this team's fought and just battled every single game we were in every single game.
Speaker 9: Well, what was the kind of message as you guys all got together, presumably for one last time, one last team meeting, What was kind of the message going around from coach or you know, from the other guys, if anybody.
Speaker 10: Spoke, that's just how proud of being able to be together as this group, and obviously disappointed that's to be expected when you don't win the whole thing, but just proud to be around a group of men like this, the way they've worked all season, the way that we've bonded together as friends doesn't happen everywhere, and just grateful to be around a great group of guys like we have.
Speaker 9: You're the only person in here with two rings.
Speaker 5: I mean, how close.
Speaker 9: Is this team to a Super Bowl championship?
Speaker 10: I mean very close. You just saw yesterday you have three turnovers and offensive battle defensive battle and you're still in the game. It just kind of shows the grit and determination this team has, and you know, I think they'll learn a lot from it. And you know, I think when anytime you have number eight at quarterback, you got a shot hole.
Speaker 14: You were so invested in narrating those videos for not only the team but also the city.
Speaker 12: What was that experience like for you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a good question. I think the just being present is a big thing for me. I think a lot of people look at the future and the past, and for me, I like to be where my feed are and really buy into being present. And I was present for this team. I tried to give everything I had to the team, and honestly, it was a great, great time to come to work, to come into an environment with guys that are hungry and ready to work and coaches that are willing to do extra and you know, it's unfortunate we came up short, and I think they'll go back to the drawing board. But they have a really, really good core here and I'm excited for those young guys' futures. They have really bright futures.
Speaker 9: Even though you were just here for a year.
Speaker 1: Do you think that you've left a mark on this entire omnivation?
Speaker 8: I hope. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: You've talked as you're about coming off the couch and falling off the couch and all that. You know, what did this this year mean to you?
Speaker 2: And how do you view the future?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll have to talk to my people, you know, Uh, getting a little more experienced and having a family, just things might be a little different.
Speaker 8: So we'll see. Yeah, God, that's all.
Speaker 7: Veterans like you and JADAVII and join this team and kind of fit like a glove instantly. W What was it about this defense that made it so easy to kind of jump in and contribute right away?
Speaker 10: I I I'll first say, I think it's a testament to us being good football players. I think that sometimes gets overshadowed. He's been a really good football player in his career. I've been a very good football player in my career. When you team up with a good system like they have, I feel like it fits like a glove.
Speaker 8: Glove.
Speaker 10: Anytime you have an opportunity to to step on the football field like we have, we try to do our best to put it all out there, and I think we both did a really good job, and this team collectively did a good job. We just didn't do it enough yesterday.
Speaker 8: You know you're one of many.
Speaker 12: For you, Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: I know it's a breaking news for you.
Speaker 12: How different you know how this league is?
Speaker 8: How different?
Speaker 12: Could this team possibly?
Speaker 8: I mean it's gonna be different. Every year is different.
Speaker 10: Contracts you got contracts, people getting promotions, you know, players getting paid. It's gonna be very, very different. But I think anytime you have the core that they have here, with the young studs that they have and a quarterback, they always got a chance.
Speaker 2: That was Kyle Vanoy. We also talked with rookie wide receiver Zay Flowers.
Speaker 7: Was the emotions like now you guys all here cleaning out your lockers today, Just the realization of knowing that.
Speaker 5: The season is over.
Speaker 19: I mean, we more care about each other or this group probably won't be together again. So you know, we just talking to each other and just showing each other love and appreciating each other for everything we did this year.
Speaker 5: Say, where are you gonna take away from.
Speaker 2: Your rookie season?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 19: I had a great time. I had a great rookie season. So i'm'a just remember all the memories.
Speaker 10: Say when do you perfect play and start, you know, focusing on next season for pursu I already did.
Speaker 4: O'Dell wasn't telling us yesterday about it or.
Speaker 12: Something special to you when your head off.
Speaker 8: I know, it's just everything you got this year. Have you heard from other.
Speaker 3: People in the theame?
Speaker 8: I got other teams, but as.
Speaker 19: Gone, I mean, everybody text me, everybody text me that I know it's you know you gonna have it s just a moment. You know it's gonna make make a break you and I don't plan on letting in breaking.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean you did make You made a ton of plays this season. You made a ton of plays in the playoffs, like yesterday, you made it. How how does this rookie season you feel like, catapult you into your sophomore season and how well the finished motivate you going forward?
Speaker 5: It just teach you up and downs, Like you get high a.
Speaker 19: You can have a lot of ups and then at all of a sudden, then you have a down. So it's just how you go about it. You gotta go about it. And I feel like the way i'm'a go about it is, i'm'a come back better.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you came in and confident ever, but I think the first three season game or first freular season games, then.
Speaker 2: If you had to play this level long like that.
Speaker 4: For about another double over, you feel like you've seen and what that what it takes to kind of go on the top like that, then you're just that next level of a good rookie season too, and some of the top receivers in the league.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I feel like I got a another step. I feel like I could be one of the best receivers in this league. And I'm not gonna let it one moment define me. So i'm'a just use that and use it as a slang shot.
Speaker 14: How should hear you what they that they moved It looks like you were very shocked when they moved out a whole How shocked were you?
Speaker 8: What you heard? That's?
Speaker 19: Uh, you know, I don't even I can't even okay, that's what they ruled it though, they like, would you do after you help state?
Speaker 8: Or you see what we was shot?
Speaker 5: If they were next year with the healthy houses? Uh, I can't hear you I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Houp site.
Speaker 8: There you see what we're shot.
Speaker 5: They see something in the healthy house on bait. Yeah, oh yeah, I already know.
Speaker 19: If Bay he stay healthy, he got a chance to be one of the best ex receivers in his league. His speed, his rod running, he could do everything every receiver could do.
Speaker 5: As long as he stay healthy, he'll be good.
Speaker 8: And then it wasn't New York Tim you wanted to now would you describe him? Then you're playing with footmore.
Speaker 19: Probably the best year I have playing football in my life. So I should tell.
Speaker 18: You with w with when you know obviously there's always a lot focused with Lamar, what would you like to you know, for him to know how the team kind of used him.
Speaker 19: Coming off that Delphos He know we wouldn't be here without him, so he know he know like the love for him in here and everything like we are got his back, and you know we're gonna be right back at it next year, cause he ain't going nowhere. I ain't going nowhere, so let's get it.
Speaker 2: That was why receivers flowers.
Speaker 1: We also heard from veteran pass rusher Davion Clowney, who was also scheduled to become a free agent.
Speaker 15: That special group, you know, the group. You won't get it back again next year. But uh, I felt like we had a squad to win it, and uh I really did. And uh it kind of hurt more than anything that didn't happened to me all my career to lose that game yesterday. And but you know, we're back to the drawing board though life continues to keep grinding, keep playing and you know move forward.
Speaker 1: Is that part of why this one stings so much?
Speaker 8: Because it felt like we had a team.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's why it hurts so the worse because you're getting this locker and you build a bomb with this group of man all yet loan that you know that's giving it an all and we're gonna go to war with you, and when you fall short like that, it kind of hurt the worst.
Speaker 11: We know how you played on this team obviously, how to had a great season for yourself, But how did how did this team kind of pull you back into football a little bit? Did do you feel like by being miser you felt maybe a a new desire in the game.
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 15: Nah, I always loved a game football man. I always gave all, no matter where I played at and just I fell in the right situation with a group of man that was out there competing with me the exact same way. I was giving be all, not just in the games, but throughout the week. Uh, even in the locker room. It's like, uh a special group you uh, we all got along.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 15: It was a fun environment to come into the locker room. I was looking for it to come to work every day. It was like no pressure. It was just have fun and play out there with a group of man that's gonna give you they' all and uh, I made my life a lot easier when you go out there knowing that got beside you giving it awesome. I was out there doing the same.
Speaker 5: We was that be home in your like for dings very well.
Speaker 8: That's how you can keep your head up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 15: You know that's our only one team that went at the end of the year. But you know we uh we follow all your loans. The bed season had a good run, but we fall short. You know, continue go move forward and our on our journeys in and our life because we got a lot of other things to do.
Speaker 8: You got people, got families and stuff.
Speaker 15: So can't hold your head down for long, but uh, it's part of the game, sh D.
Speaker 14: And you're you're, you're probably one of the few guys in here we can really understand the spotlight that's on the mar You know what it's like to be under that much scrutiny. You know, given that understanding, what would you tell him about how to sort of come out of all this stuff that's kind of swirling about him after last night?
Speaker 15: Or well, let me just tell him keep God first and continue to do what he do and uh beat him. You're a different guy, but he practice all here. He a leader regards with anybody. Think he have fun, good personality.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 15: I love to be around him, man about in the locker room professional that we love to be around the guy. Man, he's just fun. Man.
Speaker 8: You know it ain't all all this at all the time. Man.
Speaker 15: People h are regular people at the end of the day. And Lamar great dude to hang out with.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 15: I I love him regardless of how they game shook out. Man, it's just like my brother forever. I'm glad I got to play with him, I Jordan, Uh, Uh enjoy him like I enjoy everybody else in the locker room. But keep your head on me, and I dealt with that scrutiny throughout my career and uh just kept my head or keep the people around me that loved me more, keep them closer and uh you know, build from there and just ki continue to move forward.
Speaker 10: What's next?
Speaker 12: Ye, what's next for you?
Speaker 8: Under standing? But what if you want listen to me, what's next for me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Uh I don't know. Man, I'm going home and kick with the kids for a while. House full of kids. Uh they uh already on me now when uh yesterday and it was like you get to come back home?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 15: I'm like, I didn't wanna come home. It's earlier, but uh yeah, I'll be back home. And I just don't back to back to the ground. Uh, I can't start working out. I still feel good, feel still feel I can play this game at a high level, and uh.
Speaker 8: Like I still got a lot of proved of myself.
Speaker 15: And uh I don't wanna win the Super Bowl, So I'm just gonna continue to push towards that through my career.
Speaker 11: You said the right situation for for here is Baltimore, place where if things shake out right, you would consider coming back.
Speaker 8: Sure, I hope So ma'am. Like I said, man, I enjoyed coming to work.
Speaker 15: Man. It made my life a lot easier this year. Probably why I played at a high level because I wouldn't had no pressure. It was just coming and have fun and be yourself and uh just play ball. It was never no person throughout the week on anybody. But uh, yeah, I would love to come back here.
Speaker 14: But do you think you'll take your time deciding again this time or do you not have a feel for that yet?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I don't know what's gonna happen, I might not play. Who knows.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna go home and talk to the family and put it together and see what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Great, thank you today, I thank you.
Speaker 1: That was Jadevion Klanna. We also heard from veteran offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
Speaker 18: Feels unfinished, feels like we should be practicing this week, keeping her going with this group, and obviously that's not the case. So a little numb to everything. And you know it'll fait eventually and we'll get back to work. But hurts right now.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of veteran players who had career years just seems like a lot of things are coming together.
Speaker 8: For this team.
Speaker 1: Is that part of why there's this unfinished feeling that you guys have felt like you had a special group?
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, a special group everyone playing well. You know, things regained done and you know, just a spider like that just it hurts, you know, when you have the opportunity you could have, would have, should have? You know, stee telly you a bit.
Speaker 1: What do you think was the as you look back on the game, What was the the reason that you know, you guys had so many big offensive showings this year? Why not yesterday?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 18: You know, we're just playing a great team and there are a top five defense for a reason. There's a reason they're always in the championship like they are. And they came out with a great game plan, and we also missed our opportunities a couple of times. And when that all adds up this land in the season, you can't. It's hard to get a victory.
Speaker 5: Okay, then what what what comes next for you?
Speaker 8: Next months? Next six months? Oh? I mean I'm right to roll. You know.
Speaker 18: Obviously I want to be back as a Baltimore Raven. There's no doubt about that. I loved my time here, I love the people here, love my teammates here, and I wanna keep playing with them. And you know, hopefully that business side football can get figured out nice and quick and we can get that I ain't care of.
Speaker 8: But you know, what ever happens, I'm right to roll. Is is that kind of the top course?
Speaker 16: The part of this is that you know, this this group, oh you know, as in tact it will there will be changed next year?
Speaker 8: Is that time?
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, I think it was kind of o. You know, it's within many of that, you know, contracts and people and things that need to get done, and it's definitely gonna be a change. But you know, as great as the team was, change can be good no matter how it happens, and you know, good things are happening here.
Speaker 9: Kevin kind of building off that. Is it a little tougher as well? Knowing not only the change is coming, probably, but how complete this team was this year? I mean, was this the best team, best shot that you've had?
Speaker 8: And does that make it that much tougher? Oh?
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, as me, you know, being up in years, you know you only have so many more shots to do this, and this was a great team executing a high level and it was really fun to be a part of and like I said, feels really unfinished.
Speaker 1: That was Kevin Zeitler. Here's what Morgan Moses, veteran right tackle, had to.
Speaker 16: Say, continue this thing, you know, continue this assess continued coming back and having that iron chop and iro is mentality because at the end of the day, you know, we go out there every day and practice and play a great defense, play against our our defense every day, and that gets us better. They play against our office, that gets them better, and that's the opportunity that.
Speaker 12: You you look for.
Speaker 16: So I'm excited about what comes in the future. Obviously we gotta take care of some things and I look forward to it.
Speaker 18: It's great good less than twenty four hours a How have you digested this lost last night this morning?
Speaker 8: Ha, how however you have you taken this loss?
Speaker 16: I I don't know if I really digested it yet. I didn't really have it in my mind to come clean my locker out the day.
Speaker 8: But obviously things happen.
Speaker 16: But you just you know, you you look at it and and and you don't you don't look back.
Speaker 8: You know, you don't look back and.
Speaker 16: Say I wish I woulda did this, and wish I woulda did that. You know, you left everything you had on the field, and that's all you can ask for from anybody, from coaches, athletes, training staff, from anything. You know, as long as you give your all, you know, sometimes you fall short and it's a lesson into that of falling short. So I think we'll we'll do great job of learning from those mistakes and right and getting back to where we need to.
Speaker 8: Be about how it could be.
Speaker 2: There's like twenty some years, see how different cuase people there.
Speaker 16: You know, Thank god, I don't have to worry about those situations.
Speaker 8: Those are my situations that.
Speaker 16: I right that I need to figure out. That's where upstairs will lead that up to them. But you know, like just like they did this year, you know, bringing in guys like Clowny and Fanoy and in guys to contribute Darby, you know, guys midway through training camp and and going out there and like the Colunty has one of his anvie No Panoid have one of their best seasons, you know, and they're in your ten. So that just shows you that they still have the the the grit and the you know, the to play this game. So I'm pretty sure whatever may happen, you know, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 8: A Morgan.
Speaker 1: You know, Uh, a lot of guys talk about happens.
Speaker 9: It was a special team in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: How to check point, there are better players coming late and have to is that part of what makes you know yesterday at the end of this season kind of staying beating a little bit more?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 16: I think the hard said it said it the best of they it meetings, and it's you know.
Speaker 8: Whether you losed yesterday, whether you lose in.
Speaker 16: The super Bowl, it's all the same feeling, right, Only one per only one team can take the title home. And uh, you know we fell short yesterday, and so obviously we got a lot of betteran guys. We got a lot of guys, key guys that are in you know, in free agents and stuff like that, and that's for them to to figure it out upstairs. But I know it's something special here. You know, it's something special that's that's in the making. And any time you have a quarterback like Lamar, you have that opportunity to play in games like this, and I think guys know that. I think guys feel that, you know what we did in year one with you know, new office coordinator and things like that. On the offensive side, it can only go up. So I think gods looked themselves in the mirror and getting into the off season and say, what can I do better? Tompare myself for this next run, this long run, Cause a lot of these guys haven't played, meaning from football into January, you know myself. So having that opportunity only makes you want more, uh more of it. So I'm pretty sure the guys are I'll be be you know, ready to get back into it and in the swing of things.
Speaker 2: That was Morgan Moses. We also heard from running back Justice Hill.
Speaker 12: There was I think there was only eleven design runs in the game yesterday? Was that flow of the game was there?
Speaker 8: Do you feel like maybe it was not enough? I mean, what are you feeling about that? Uh?
Speaker 12: That's the players that were called.
Speaker 8: Did you get a chance to talk to your family after the game last night?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we hung out and didn't keep it better? Oh yeah, Alifly, Alifly, Just.
Speaker 1: How do you you know, kind of process the disappointment of the abruptness of a season coming.
Speaker 13: To an end.
Speaker 7: It happens, you know, uh, I mean, it ain't really at me yet, but it was a good year.
Speaker 12: It was a funny year, and we'll come back better.
Speaker 2: Well what was it yesterday that.
Speaker 1: Made a difficult kind of tough sledding, you know, the office to put up so many big games?
Speaker 2: Why was that not the case yesterday?
Speaker 12: Oh, we just didn't play our best game, you know.
Speaker 8: That was that?
Speaker 1: That was running back Justice Hill. And last but not least, we also talked with kicker.
Speaker 3: Justin Tucker thought it was all just some gamesmanship, you know, all in good fun, but they seem to be taking a little bit more seriously.
Speaker 8: And I'm I'm.
Speaker 12: Totally willing to let it all go.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just wanted to explain that that's just you know, what I've done for twelve years, and it's it's not like I'm out there trying to be problematic. I'm just trying to get ready.
Speaker 8: For the football game just like they are.
Speaker 3: Say that's and that's that's all I really got to say about it.
Speaker 9: But just to be clear, have you ever had it like either's twelve years off doing that.
Speaker 8: Have you ever had an issue like that before?
Speaker 3: No, Like I just said, never, never had an issue with anybody. You know, we're all at the end of the day, we're all professionals, just trying to get ready for the football game.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: Those are two of the best players that have ever played the game at their respective positions. They're just trying to get ready for the football game. Obviously it's an intense environment. So it's it's really whatever to me. Man, I'm just you.
Speaker 8: I'm just trying to get ready for the football game.
Speaker 12: You said nothing, You just let it go right, Yeah, Well.
Speaker 14: I was just getting ready for the football again, justin You've had a close view of Lamar's entire career. What would you want him to know about sort of how you guys think of him coming out of that game when he's getting a lot of, you know, scrutiny from from the outside world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for asking about stuff that I actually wanna talk about. And I wanna talk about the Baltimore Ravens and our bright future. Uh behind our elite quarterback. You know, you're asking about Lamar and I I can't speak highly enough about him as a football player, as a person, his character, his leadership, he is He has a raven through and through, and I I couldn't be more proud to.
Speaker 8: Be his teammate and to.
Speaker 3: To help him along the way in his journey to bring the Lombardy Trophy back to Baltimore again.
Speaker 8: Justin you know, obviously, you know.
Speaker 14: There's a lot of change every here's to a year. I mean, how how different do you think this team could look next year?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you set right there. Each and every off season presents its whole, uh, a whole new set of challenges, and one of those could be you know, roster turnover. And that's that that's something pretty much every team in the league deals with year in and year out, you know, And that's not necessarily for me to speculate on or to weigh in on.
Speaker 8: But what I what I.
Speaker 3: Can say confidently is uh, our front office, our coaching staff, you know, the the core of the team that will will continue to to just stick around. We tend to do a really good job around here of establishing culture early, uh, getting guys on the same page, getting guys that are meant to be Baltimore Ravens, and then just go into work. And that's something I expect to see from you know, everybody around here this offseason.
Speaker 11: Justin what was it like working with Tyler off this year.
Speaker 8: It was great.
Speaker 3: Tyler came in uh and didn't skip a beat. It was uh, you know for for all of us that are involved in that operation, uh, you know, from Chris, Randy, TJ. You know, and then uh, you know, Tyler Ebsley coming in, you know, plugging and playing and the way that he did, he did a He did an excellent job of you know, making whatever minor adjustments we were asking him to make, probably more selfishly.
Speaker 12: Than anything that I was asking him to make.
Speaker 3: He did a great job of, uh coming in and really being a technician on the field, and then uh, just you know, fitting in with everything that we do on and off the field. I can't speak highly enough of Tyler, and you know, I know his future is is bright.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, that was kicker justin talker. You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Make sure you leave a rating and a review and hit that subscribe button as well. Thanks for listening and we'll be back with you later.