Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's guess you.
Speaker 3: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 4: Hello everybody, we are back for another episode of Gilmore Girls Gazette's bringing you the news as we do every single week.
Speaker 5: Also, can I say the news does not disappoint like this week? In particular, the headlines are abundant.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of Lauren Graham. A.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of Lauren Graham. My favorite drum roll please is that Lauren, when she was on with Dax, talks about how she maybe sees a Christmas movie as the way to bring them back. So earlier this you know year, what's it this year? Yeah, I guess when the Walmart commercials? So maybe that was late last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, technically it was December of twenty four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when she said maybe she saw sort of a reboot where we're following the younger lore Lie, but now she's pivoted and it is maybe open to a Christmas movie and guess what, fine by me, bye bye.
Speaker 4: Me, Fine by me too. She actually there were a few takeaways. Should I just kind of rattle them out?
Speaker 5: Really good?
Speaker 4: So Dac sasked about the Walmart commercial, and she says she did it because it would be a quote unquote fun for people, and obviously the Gilmore Girls fans. On the Netflix revival Year in the Life, she thinks there seems to be a mixed reaction in terms of people being satisfied, but she feels and at the end of the day, they got what they wanted. In regards to her revival experience, she said it was it was incredibly satisfying, beautiful, and she cried every single day. It felt different. All the stuff I loved about it was the same, but it felt different. And then you mentioned the if you know, there's room from Gilmore Girls, and she says she could picture a Christmas special and that's why one of the that's one of the reasons why the Walmart commercial was so sweet. Returning to Gilmore Girls, Lauren wonders about the storylines. She said, that's why she sees it best as a holiday. Maybe Luke and Laura le got married. Now Rory's maybe having a baby, so it's not going to be necessarily the two of us circling the gazebo. It just can't be the same way.
Speaker 5: I don't see why they can't circle the gazebo. Even if they're married and Rory's having a baby, I feel like there's plenty of fodder there.
Speaker 4: You know what I see. I see Rory having a little girl, and she's taking her to dance class and Miss Patty's. She is picking up formula at Docy's market. She's go, you know, getting pancakes at Luke's before school. Xadly, just give me two things.
Speaker 5: There's two things I want, there's actually three. Number one, I really want Rory to be successful. Now, I'm sorry to say it. I know people may have like, oh, why does she have to be successful. She can just be like a hometown girl. Let's make now that people work from home. She can have any job. She could be like a huge writer. She could be a big novelist, she can be a journalist. Whatever make her successful. That's just my opinion. Number two, do not do not try to make Luke and Laurel I have drama. I don't need it.
Speaker 6: I don't need it in my life. I don't need it.
Speaker 4: You don't want them to have a separation and then find themselves back.
Speaker 6: I don't need any drama.
Speaker 5: Just let them have fun and have their bann it's fun and they can have their little funny things.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I want to see Emily Gilmore as a grand or she is a grandmother, a great grandmother, like I want, right, right, I feel like and I actually it's very I feel like that was a Freudian slip because obviously she's Rory's grandmother, but in many ways she redid having a daughter with Rory, like in a weird kind of way.
Speaker 5: True, true, right, And also just by their age alone, she's younger, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean.
Speaker 4: I feel like Rory's child, whether it's a boy or girl, would be Emily's pride and joy and I would just love to see that relationship.
Speaker 5: And also, if you believe in the Gilmore Girls universe, that kid exists because she's pregnant. Assume everything went well, so that kid is what six seven?
Speaker 4: And if that baby is a Huntsburger, Missus Gilmore.
Speaker 5: Real sadly we can bring back Missus Huntsburger and they can have all kinds of mother in law, grandmother and law.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where the drama comes in.
Speaker 6: How old is that kid? What year was the movie? So then we give it nine months.
Speaker 4: Plus twenty twelve nod did I make that?
Speaker 5: The mean feels too early thought it was twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: Eighteen, twenty sixteen, in the middle of both of us.
Speaker 6: Oh, we were right the middle of us. That feels so long ago.
Speaker 4: I think twenty twelve was the end of the series.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the thing I don't want now. I would take it, but I don't want it. I don't want the a la Friends reunion where it's the actors, you know, come in together to relive their Gilmore Girls memories.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I'm saying. You remember the Friends reunion?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not wanting that.
Speaker 5: I'll take it if it's all I can get, but I don't want it. I want it as the characters. Just saying that out loud so that everybody knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did that with Harry Potter too. They did that, Ehrio, And it was just like, I don't want real people. And also just a quick fact check to myself because I know there's people that are probably screaming in their cars. The series ended in twenty seven, two thousand and seven.
Speaker 5: Not yeah, I know that would have been that means it would have gone on like ten years, seven years or something. It's fine. We're not great at MAP and anyone who listens to this regularly.
Speaker 6: Knows that we're not. We're not math petitions and it's totally fine, and.
Speaker 4: We don't do all papers just to begin.
Speaker 6: With right in general, although I can keep a budget.
Speaker 5: But anyway, let's go to was there any other revelations from the datu of you other than Lauren Graham revealing May Whitman's baby daddy, which I don't think we should reveal. I feel like I don't want to perpetuate her mistake. But tell me how that went down because I saw all the headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, there is one more thing for the On the topic of Gilmore Girls, on Dax's podcast, he asked her, would you do it again? And I actually really loved her response. She said, because she does still get asked, is it better of you leaving them wanting more? Than? She adds? Thank God, it is enough to me. But if somebody calls me to do it, I'll do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, She'll totally do it.
Speaker 5: And also we're still gonna be wanting more so no matter what, because especially if they just do it as like a movie, which is probably what they'll do.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe a couple movies again, but whatever.
Speaker 7: We're still gonna be wanting more, So it's fine.
Speaker 4: Another big headline that came from the interview was that she reveals who uh the found did.
Speaker 5: She accidentally do it? And so everybody knows. May Whitman played Lauren Graham's daughter on Parenthood. But May Whitman also had a came on a year in the life when Rory was out there trying to write that dumb story whatever that dumb article was about lines or something, just people in lines. I think May Whitman was in one of the lines.
Speaker 4: Well, we obviously don't want to reveal it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we won't say the name again, but how did she do it?
Speaker 5: And obviously it was okay because they don't air Dak's live.
Speaker 6: So I'm sure she I'm sure she said, Oops, I messed up? Is it okay? If I keep it in anyway?
Speaker 4: Tell me what she just said that May and her baby are currently living on the East Coast to support Blank's latest career endeavor. Oh okay, she just kind of revealed this, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, so that's a pretty good slip. So I'm sure she said.
Speaker 5: Ah, I said the name, unless it was so casual that they both just didn't even realize it, which is it's kind of even funnier. Now, did we end up getting a live news report from anybody who listened to Melissa McCarthy's interview with Yanique?
Speaker 4: Emma, did you.
Speaker 1: Well, Yanique?
Speaker 5: Okay, this is Emma, everybody with the headlines live a live report to detail Melissa McCarthy's interview with Yanique. Give us the Gilmore Girls stuff, maybe the it's Wall stuff.
Speaker 4: And we got a date for a twelve by the way.
Speaker 6: I know at twell, yeah, no, here too. Four. We're gonna call it it's Wall.
Speaker 4: I'll call it.
Speaker 6: I'll call it wrong, you call it right. It's Atale.
Speaker 5: We decided, Emma, okay, give us the goods from Melissa and Yanique's podcast interview.
Speaker 3: So Melissa hosted Yanique on their Happy Hour podcast from Hildy.
Speaker 4: Of I Can't see the name Daniel Hilde the bar Back in the Lake of Fire podcasts.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: He grew up in Montreal, speaking only French, and he lives with his grandmother from the age of thirteen, and he was first introduced into American television as that was something that she liked doing and she would translate the shows for Yannik.
Speaker 4: That is so wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 3: And he mentioned that he had no desire to become an actor. It was something he never really considered, but he was asked to be a screen partner while in school.
Speaker 6: What's a screen Oh, like somebody in school needed.
Speaker 1: In drama?
Speaker 4: The part I remember doing that.
Speaker 5: I've had to do that before for like celebrities that are practicing something and they need somebody, and I'm like, I'll read with you.
Speaker 6: Jamie Fox. I did it with Jamie Fox once. It was just a script casual.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, Jamie Fox, I'll do it with you. I think I played the part of Don Cheatle. To be honest, it was a script that Jamie Fox and Don Cheatle were doing and I'm like, Don Cheatle was somewhere I don't remember, and I'm like, i'll do it with you. I'll play Don's part. Or I played Jamie Fox's part with Don. I actually can't remember. They're both lovely, lovely, lovely people. Anyway, it didn't get me into acting.
Speaker 4: I wasn't great you would be a good scene partner, though.
Speaker 5: I can read the lines, that's for sure, but I can't perform the lines.
Speaker 3: So after this, he decided to go to theater school in his twenties, and when he was in acting school, someone suggested that he do Birdcage, the play.
Speaker 5: Oh, the Nathan Lane Robin Williams movie, it.
Speaker 1: Was originally a play.
Speaker 6: Ah great, okay.
Speaker 3: And so this is a funny little thing that he is still carried on into his life is when he was nineteen, he called the agent in Paris to get the rights to the play, and the agent denied him. So he came up with Bernadette, which is himself but with a French accent, and it is his assistant.
Speaker 1: And the agent agreed.
Speaker 6: You've lost me completely on this. But what what happened?
Speaker 3: So he came up with this character called Bernadette, which is his assistant but it's really him with a French accent.
Speaker 1: In a girl voice.
Speaker 6: Okay, well we don't get that, Emma. What else was in the what eld.
Speaker 4: Keep going? Can get us back on the Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 6: Yeah, get us back on some Gilmore stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, they then do Gilmore Girls trivia? Yes?
Speaker 6: Was there trivia better than our trivia? Which also I forgot my cards?
Speaker 4: Should we answer them?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Do you have any of the trivia questions?
Speaker 1: I do. They're very specific.
Speaker 6: Okay, give it, give it. Give it.
Speaker 3: First one, what is the date that Gilmore Girls premiered?
Speaker 4: Oh, two thousand, it's two thousand. I know it's two thou.
Speaker 5: September two thousand, September two thousand, what date, Danielle, September tenth?
Speaker 6: Oh, who cares?
Speaker 1: October fifth, two thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, two thousand, two thousand, We got it.
Speaker 3: Next one, Michelle was on price is right?
Speaker 1: How much did he win?
Speaker 6: He won a motor home.
Speaker 1: Yes, Winnebago.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you. Oh that's right, that's right, Thank you so much. Keep going.
Speaker 3: They were both asked Melissa and Yannie what their first lines of the show were.
Speaker 6: Oh god, I'm not gonna know that. I'm going to need you to give us that.
Speaker 3: Michelle's was independence in Michelle speaking nice, and Melissa's was after she slipped while cooking.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, okay, okay, good give us another anymore?
Speaker 4: Not anymore, there's a few.
Speaker 3: The next were questions if these pets on the show are a.
Speaker 1: Cat or a dog?
Speaker 8: Go go go go Chin Chin dog correct, Papaya don cat, oh, princess cat cat, yeah dog, oh dog, Cinnamon is a.
Speaker 6: Cat cat obviously, Cinnamon's wake.
Speaker 3: Caught dog cat, Paupau dog dog correct, Paul Anka dog yes, and special guest Pedal Umber pedal.
Speaker 4: That tig a pig.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, of course it was Kirk's pig.
Speaker 3: Next part of the trivia is, were any of these guest stars on the show?
Speaker 6: Okay, great, I love this okay?
Speaker 3: John Hamm yes correct, Norman Mayler yes, yes correct, Rommie Mallick, yes, yes correct, Ryan Gosling, No.
Speaker 6: He tried out. He auditioned but didn't get it correct.
Speaker 1: His performance was flat apparently.
Speaker 6: Not possible, but.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't.
Speaker 4: He wasn't, And there was a pop culture reference for him, for sure.
Speaker 6: For sure, for sure, for sure. Neil Sedeika Yes, no, Oh, it was paul Anka.
Speaker 4: The next one is paul Anka Paul Anka's yes.
Speaker 9: Yes, Madeline Albright yes correct, John McEnroe no correct, Ben Falcone yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 6: I think it's Falcone.
Speaker 4: But that's okay.
Speaker 1: Carol King yes correct.
Speaker 6: Hmm, it's her record store. Come on, that's music store. It's her instrument. They like stell instruments.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: The next question is a little raunchy.
Speaker 5: Raunchy is fine. That's our middle name. That's our middle name, Emma, our middle name is raunchy.
Speaker 1: Was there a born parody of Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 3: Yes, there was, there's not, but they were saying Fillmore Girls or just stars hollow.
Speaker 5: Okay, that that's funny, funny, funny, respect respect.
Speaker 1: How many books were referenced in Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 4: Oh, four thousand?
Speaker 6: I don't know, No.
Speaker 4: One thousand, four hundred, three hundred and thirty nine.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got I knew I was going too high. I was being so aggressive about it.
Speaker 4: I demand a recount.
Speaker 5: When I said thousands, I was like, that's crazy anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh. The point from the episode would be that Yannique highlights season five, season five episode where Emily and Richard unite.
Speaker 1: It was his favorite episode.
Speaker 6: Oh me too, I agree.
Speaker 1: Wedding Bell Blues.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a great one. That was a great one.
Speaker 4: Did you keep going with Melissa McCarthy's stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've still got a few more minutes before okay.
Speaker 4: Jonthany Ramsey series showing McCarthy.
Speaker 5: I know she's playing missus Ramsey Is that right. She's playing missus Ramsey.
Speaker 4: Uh, she's Patty. That's the mom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, John Ben's mom.
Speaker 4: That is intriguing to me.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely gonna watch it.
Speaker 6: What's the title of it going to be?
Speaker 4: The title is going to be Unspeakable the murder of John Benet Ramsey.
Speaker 6: Juicy.
Speaker 5: I am going to be watching it, and I still am just a fuddled by the whole thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: It's very mysterious. I know, I can't even begin to guess. I'm gonna just that's a different episode. That's our Gilmer Girl's true crime. We don't have that yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I have a theory, but I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 5: Is it as good as our theory we had about Gene Hackman.
Speaker 6: I got that wrong?
Speaker 4: Uh No, but it is as good as my theory that Walton Gowkins character on uh on, this is seeking revenge for his dead father and I that from episode one.
Speaker 5: Okay, you did, but I'm one episode behind, so please don't spoil yet.
Speaker 6: Okay. Also, Walton Goggins is hot.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna just say any here, I'm gonna say it loud. Walton Goggins is hot. This is not something I've just discovered. I've known this for a while.
Speaker 4: This is one thing I'm gonna say. It's not with Walton Goggins. It's not with Patrick Schwarzenegger. There is a full frontal prosthetic. I am assuming on the episode you haven't watched yet.
Speaker 6: Okay, well that's something to look forward to. Also, Walton Dogs is hot.
Speaker 5: Walton Goggins is hot, And if you want to see how hot he is, go watch the sitcom he did that I called Unicorn and he That was where I discovered how hot he was. Yep, and I knew of him before, but that was where I was really like, you're hot.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, on that show he did before White Lotus that got Emmy nominations, where it's kind of like a futuristic apocalyptic he's not hot in it because his whole face is basically not there.
Speaker 6: That being said, I can still see the hotness underneath.
Speaker 4: You're so weird.
Speaker 5: Waldon Goggins is doing all these weird commercials and he's hot and every single one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, this isn't a news episode If we don't talk about Waldon Goggins for five seconds.
Speaker 6: This is true. I wish he was on Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 4: Speaking of hot, Jared Patalaki has a little bit of news.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, yes he does.
Speaker 4: He teases an on screen reunion with Supernatural co star Jensen apples on the final season of The Boys.
Speaker 5: I want to get into The Boys because everyone likes it and I tried and I couldn't do it, so I might give it another go.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well they're sharing scenes together. So if you like those two boys, which who doesn't give it a go?
Speaker 6: It's all great. And this was quite a news episode we've had today. This is quite an episode.
Speaker 5: And I feel really proud of us and those that are wondering. Adam Brody is back at work on Nobody Wants This.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've said that the last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've said it every week because they are back at work. So we're going to just always work Adam Brody into this show somehow.
Speaker 4: Oh for all of you that have not checked it out yet, we posted something on Instagram and it's like a plane seating each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're stuck on a fifteen hour plane ride. Who are you sitting next.
Speaker 6: To Lauren Graham and Adam Brody Lauren Graham and.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing that's not an option. So well, I guess it is an option. But I from what I remember with Lauren Graham, if you're going to sit next to Lauren Graham, you're sitting next to somebody people don't like. And let me pull it up Christopher K. Stiffer, No, that is it. Luke is in the same roads as Eg Stiffer. So that yeah, No, it's Laura lion Kirk, which is obviously a good one.
Speaker 6: But it's great.
Speaker 5: But I really want to rearrange the seats and get myself right next to Adam Brody and Lauren Graham.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that Adam and I'm torn in between two rows, which is in the middle of Milo and Jared Patlacky or in a row next to Adam Brody, which who is then next to Lane Keiko.
Speaker 5: So can also can I be inappropriate and just hit the back with Zukri.
Speaker 6: I'll just be in the back of the plane with Zukri. It's fine. I'm totally fine.
Speaker 4: Would you be okay sitting in the middle of Zukri and Mitchem Hunsburger, Greg Henry.
Speaker 6: Nope, that's the well.
Speaker 5: I want to be in first class with Zukri or back of the plane. You know, I'm just me and Zukrie hanging out watching a movie.
Speaker 4: Maybe cuddling brother up for me would be Richard. I would enjoy. You know, you'd be ordering some scotch on the rocks, you'd be having a nice little drink on that fourteen hour fly iconic.
Speaker 5: But I want Zukri or Brody or Lauren Graham. And I don't care if it's Logan Ragalski and Lorlai.
Speaker 6: I'm fine for it to be the characters or the actors. Do not care.
Speaker 4: We are non discriminatory.
Speaker 5: I am trying with whatever version they want to come as that day. Also, I don't fly, so this is going to be difficult for me to ever participate in.
Speaker 6: If you could change it to like on.
Speaker 4: A bus, well, if you haven't done that yet, please go to our Instagram. I mean we have like two thousand comments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and give us a follow because we're inching so close.
Speaker 6: We might be at one hundred thousand by the time you hear this.
Speaker 4: Oh that'd be exciting.
Speaker 6: Very exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the news, and that's the news.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 5: Don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.