Speaker 1: Of the law and order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies.
Speaker 3: These episodes are based on. These are our stories. Dune Done.
Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to That's Messed Up An SVU podcasts.
Speaker 2: I'm Kara Klank and I'm Lisa and we talk sview true crime and sometimes we have guests. Today we don't, which means more chit chat. And that's exciting, more chit chat for you. Listen, when I meet the listeners out in the streets, they say, we want more chit chat, and they tell me to burn Casey's flag. That's the word on the street.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of meeting listeners out in the street, come meet us out in the streets of Denver and Phoenix this week. Guys, we're gonna be in Denver tomorrow on the sixteenth. We're gonna be at Comedy Works South. If you come to see us in Denver before, that's the different comedy works, So don't go to the old place.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's gonna happen, and how often it happens, I know, but.
Speaker 3: Come see us. We love coming to Denver. Phoenix.
Speaker 1: We've always come to Tempe. Here, we are coming to Phoenix. Come see us on the seventeenth, and then yeah, this weekend, we'll be in San Diego on Sunday and then next week San fran La and Portland. So go to thats messed up live dot com for all the ticket links. It's gonna be a brand new show. You're gonna see a new Episode's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: We have merch. The merch has arrived. I'm excited. Well some of it.
Speaker 1: One piece is still missing, but we'll have it when we get there. And it's tour only merch babies. We're excited to see you guys and do live shows again. So come see us. Yeah, and that's that. The power points aren't popping. Yes, baby, new games.
Speaker 3: I met someone from an SVU episode yesterday.
Speaker 1: I met someone from an SVU episode on Sunday and I did say something and he kind of he put his hand up in like what is this a little growl and went like that.
Speaker 2: But it was Henry Winkler. I met Henry Winkler last night, so that was a thrill.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you mention his SVU episode? Yes, we want him on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I did not do that hours I was in a group, So okay, I I have a really really small part blink you'll miss it in Good Rich with Michael Keat and Milakunis. So I went to the premiere last night and it was fun. I got disrespected, like anytime I go to a premiere where I only have one line. So I'll get into that. I was asked to move and get almost kicked out and if I'm in the right place four times, four times what So I'll get into that.
Speaker 3: But I'm standing outside with the director.
Speaker 2: Hallie's like best friend from college, and my friend Jared Goldstein and Henry Winkler go to the I think they're family friends. The director's mom is Nancy Meyers. She was there as well. I saw her, but I did not, So Henry was just saying hi to.
Speaker 3: Her friend said.
Speaker 2: Hi to and then reached out to introduce himself, and so I said Hi, I'm Lisa, and then we just stood there and I go, I'm a big SVU girl.
Speaker 3: Yours is iconic. And then he went and he liked it.
Speaker 2: He said that it was nice, but you know, I went to sleep, so BoJack Horseman last night, and it was his episode where he's at a funeral and someone starts talking about Lonod to rescue to him. Oh my god, because I wanted to say I love your bo Jack, but then I thought that would be like too obscure and weird. But an icon it was exciting. Yeah, just a loose Henry Winkler. Yeah, that's amazing, that's amazing. I met Poppy loo Oo. Well, well we want to get her. I think she said no, though.
Speaker 1: She did well, she said no, but I didn't bring it up. But we also already did her episode. It was Dearly Beloved, where she plays a woman with a Jewish last name, and I should have brought it up, but I couldn't. I could remember what episode she was in, like while we were chatting. But we talked for a while and she's very sweet and has new stuff coming out too. She's in some new show for Netflix called like His and Hers or something, and she says it's dark, so I'm excited to see what that is.
Speaker 2: I like popular. I mean, I'm a Hacks girl, so yeah, I love I told her. I was like, yeah, I love you in Hacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we both saw some peeps out and about did you.
Speaker 2: See the Vulture article that is Joel Kim Booster wrote about not getting veneers and keeping your original teeth when you get famous. No, yeah, it's it's pretty good. I guess it was like teeth week because I'm watch What Happens Live. They did Charlie Booth, is this your tooth? And he had to guess if that was his tooth or not? And then there is something to chew on. It's tooth Day, My favorite teeth, Jim Carrey's the World It's Greatest teeth actor, the case of Jack Nicholson's baby teeth, like every like, there's just all this.
Speaker 3: I saw stuff.
Speaker 1: And I also saw The Cut did an article like a week or so ago about yeah, like veneers and how some people regret them because I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I'm I'm just with it. I think Kirsten Dunst has kept her teeth and Joel's keeping them, and I guess he gets shit on but he's not doing it. And then they talk to people that are like, don't fucking do it? Yeah, well you have to get them redone and you don't have real teeth anymore. Like I know, they're like little weird spikes. God forbid, I mean my parent. It's just like if you don't need medical intervention, you don't need it. And because it's also like maybe veneers will be better or some people have good ones. I'm sure Taylor has great veneers or whatever she's up to. But like most people, it's like, oh, I guess your teeth aren' thought white or they're shaped weird or do you have chicklets in your mind? You know, it's not like we can't tell. It's like we know what it is, so it's not And then it like makes you talk weird.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: And if you're an actor, hey to tell you, babe, that's your man. That's ruad and butter how you talk.
Speaker 2: No, they're saying like in period pieces and stuff, not even about the teeth, but it's like when your face is just pulled up, like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't be in this nineteen twenties show or whatever. I don't know. I'm just proud of Joel for keeping his teeth. Wait. Speaking of talking about Joel, though, I mean I must have seen. Oh not only have I seen, I have personal information that Ali will keep yours. I've been hearing.
Speaker 1: I've been hearing some personal information from other people through him as well, But just for the listeners, if you're not into the housewife world, like some of you aren't, Joel Kimbooster r Pal is hosting like a dating show with single housewives like Luanne, Shannon Badoor, Gizelle I think Gizelle, and and he went on live and was ripping Shannon Bador to shreds say that she's a was a post.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, I thought he went live.
Speaker 2: No, it was a it was written, it was it was written stories Okay, then were asked to be deleted immediately, but of course it's the Internet, so screenshots were taken and yeah, he basically just said Shannon was evil but she was apparently being really terrible to the EP of the show and humiliated her in front of the whole cat like casting crew. My favorite thing is like people in the comments of one of the Bravo accounts I followed, well because I don't think it's huge, Like I don't think it's giant news, Like you have to be a psychopath that follows fifteen Bravo meme a counts to have found this out, Like, yes, brav you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, Like, I don't think the normal my entire feed the morning, I know, I.
Speaker 1: Was sick in bed because I had a cold, and I was like, oh my god, that's just like scrolling all of the shit.
Speaker 3: It's bad.
Speaker 2: It's something that I would do. But in the comments, we were like, I can't believe it. We need more proof. We can't just go off this. I'm like, you can't believe it. I can't believe that Shannon Badour was a nightmare to crewe have we not had that's the same show.
Speaker 1: And that this comedian would like just make that up and write these stories and risk, like potentially risk a job, which I think he's fine.
Speaker 3: Like his job is safe.
Speaker 2: But like, well, at the end of the day, people are talking about this show. No one was talking.
Speaker 1: About That's what I said. Yeah, I think the internet is split people. Some people are like I can't believe it, and other people are.
Speaker 3: Like I knew it. Well, it's like the tree Huggers.
Speaker 2: It's just like, Okay, we can watch this show for entertainment. If you think Shannon or Teresa are great people who deserve like joy and happiness, you're out of your fucking mind. These are not good people and we've seen Shannon's awful behavior for years or people were like, and he brought up the do I do love that ro He's like, I don't even know what's tough to suffer means, but ha haha. But even with the daughters, they're like, I don't know, and I'm like, I don't like Orange County girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah that went to Baylor.
Speaker 2: You think they know how to behave, Like I just I just don't get the shock. Like you might like someone or not, but to be shocked at they're behaving in a way that we've seen them behave for a decade on television is like I don't understand what the viewers and you can still like her, but like there's but they're all monsters. That's the thing that's I think working with Housewives, I don't think Vicky is great Toakreue.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think the only reason this got pick up is because she's in the middle of this like sort of victim storyline that people are like rallying behind her because her ex is a nightmare. And in his post he said I feel bad for John Janssen, which was so crazy because John Jens is clearly a full scumbag, you know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this is so much housewife talk, not enough to day.
Speaker 2: We got premieres of Salt Lake, we got oc we got New New York like we got Potomac. We're back, baby, I'm dying. I'm drot watching every night. It's like so exciting. Oh so this is the premier. So it's at the grove. Okay, my friend who I'm coming with, he gets a phone call. He's running late. My anxiety does not handle that. So I go on my own and it's more fun with a friend.
Speaker 3: So I go up there. I'm just standing. I'm talking to one woman.
Speaker 2: But as I check in, they tell me I'm I'm sitting in the director's role row. I go, are you sure, and they go, yeah, you're in Halle's row. It's here, and I go okay, so I go. I sit down and immediately there's like some space, but these two women are looking at me.
Speaker 3: They're like, and I go they told.
Speaker 2: Me to sit here, and then I just was feeling uncomfortable. So then I went, I'll just go check. Would you mind saving these though, just in case? And they go for sure, So I go and I go, hey, guys, it's a little weird. Are you sure I'm in Halle's row? Like it seems like family, and like, are you Henry Wrightler's on this show? Like are you sure? And they go, yeah, you're in the director's row. Hallie she asked for it, and I go, okay, I get I guess. So I go back and then there's a new little man sitting there with these two other women and he turns around.
Speaker 3: He goes, hey, so this is like Hallie's roe. I go, no, I know.
Speaker 2: I went to double check because you're people keep making sure I belong here or not. So then he felt weird because I was like, no, I've asked. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Sit here either. You've all made it very uncomfortable for me.
Speaker 2: And he's like, oh, no, it's fine. So he's her best friend from college. Then I realized, oh, that's her sister. So I'm like, oh, this is like legit, Like I shouldn't be here, you know, I shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I feel weird. I don't know why they're telling me to sit here. Jared comes.
Speaker 2: Then Jared leaves for to get pop corner or drink. A woman from the events coming comes up to me goes, hey, we're gonna need you to move, and this is after I could see there's come and I go, are you kidding me? I go, I didn't want to sit here? I go, I went to double check. They told me twice I should sit here. She goes, we just need you to leave, like move, and I went, okay, well I'm in the movie, like I don't because.
Speaker 3: I go, where do you want me to sit?
Speaker 2: She goes, you could just go over here and I go, I don't know, I'm in it like i'd like, and she goes, okay, you can just sit in the cast thing. So like I got two seats. Everything was fine. I should have just sat in the cast seats immediately, but I thought everything's very planned out, that's reserved, like I just kind of did what I wanted. And there were like elderly people being like, I want thy aisle, and I was like, I'm sorry, I have pee problems. I have to sit in that like I'm like fighting with her uncles and godparents, like I don't know, so obviously I'm happy not to be in this row.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I went to check like I didn't want to be there, but I I'm embarrassed. So now I'm kicked out in front of this little college friend of hers, and you know, I just I hate it. And also this man is gay and was just like so dismissive and not nice to me. And then as soon as Jared showed up, he was like, hey, I think I know you. Everything switched suddenly you wanted to know all about us. Everyone wanted to fuck him last night, like every cater worried, like everyone. So then we go to the after party and it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, it's fine.
Speaker 2: So We're like walking around, We're and then I'm like, I'm just gonna smoke the joint real quick.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a hit. So I walk outside.
Speaker 2: Have you been to Fannies the Academy Museum restaurant?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I guess there's three premieres happening in this building. I oh, listen. Did I end then I talking to the head of catering for twenty five minutes?
Speaker 3: We did? We did. That's after I was.
Speaker 2: Rejected by everyone who we did end up just talking to the head of catering. But I'm like he was hungry. I go, I'm just gonna step outside. So there's like sections with tables and bars. I walk, of course, outside of the patio. I'm not a mine. I understand this isn't And I go behind some fen like gate and I take a few hits and then I start going inside and security goes, you should have done that out there, like on the sidewalk, And to me, I'm like, I'm not an asshole, Like I walked as far as I thought would be appropriate, Like I am doing the thing. It's not like I sat on the patio chairs, you know, oh yeah yeah. And I went, well, he goes, you should have gone all the way out, not in our grounds. And I went, oh, okay, my bad, and I'm walking. He goes, should you even be here? And I went what? And then I had to like show my little bracelet and be like, yeah, I have the bracelet. Is that okay, sir? I'm like, go fuck off. And then because at that point I was like annoyed, and I was wearing a very cute outfit, and so then I went back in and he's like it was yeah, it was just like I can't even believe it.
Speaker 1: I just don't get why those women or the gatement like, how do they know who the fuck you are? Like you could be fucking Nancy Meyer's like best friend from highol.
Speaker 3: No, I think they've all been I mean not for a decade.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like they would have now these are her sisters and best friends. Like I understand, it's like cousins, it's godparents. They all know Henry Winkler. Like I get it. But to me, I still think it's cool. She wanted you in her row.
Speaker 3: Originally she didn't.
Speaker 2: She didn't know because when I saw her at the party, she hugged me, was so excited. She goes, I didn't know you were here. I would have made an announcement when I talked about.
Speaker 3: All the actors.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that would have been crazy if you mentioned Mila Kunis, Michael Keaton, and then a girl with three lines, like, but she was so happy to see me in kind I didn't get the cur I should have gone up to Michael Keaton. I was just in such a mood for being rejected all night that I was just like in my head. But Melakunis and then I saw all these people speaking Russian, so she brought a lot of family. I love that she brings her trash Russian family all over town because.
Speaker 3: You should have gotten in there. They were not friendly. They did not look friendly. They are Russian. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if if you're Russian and watching, you know what I'm talking about. Now, Julia says, I'm like too sensitive when I see Russians out and about.
Speaker 3: It really like affects me.
Speaker 1: It affects me, oh, because like it's like, I don't know, I know they would.
Speaker 3: Be happy maybe, but yeah they are. Well.
Speaker 2: I went to this like a dyes the grocery store that's by where I'm staying, and I spoke Russian with everyone. An old lady asked me for help. But whatever. Ashton Kutcher was there. Oh okay, you know there's been a lot of yes, there's been ugh on that Hocky talk. So my I was kind of shocked because Mila hasn't done any process at all about anything. But Laura Benanti, former guest, is in it. She wasn't at the premiere, but she she's in the movie.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Oh and the little kids. There's two little kids in it and they are stars.
Speaker 3: Like it was cute.
Speaker 2: And the girl at the premiere, she had like purple tips like on her hair.
Speaker 3: It was cute, like and then were.
Speaker 1: You happy like how your part turned out and everything? Like, I mean, I know you said it's only a couple lines.
Speaker 2: No I have like I have like prom curls that I don't remember.
Speaker 3: That look insane.
Speaker 2: I also, I'm wearing my own like crop top, but I tied it and it's just it's fine. They cut almost everything because the then the little man was nicer to me because I think he wanted to have sex with my friends. So then he was like, oh I saw an earlier cut where a lot more of your stuff. He's like, didn't you have, Like, weren't you making fun of Michael? I go, yeah, I was, But you know they got it.
Speaker 3: I bet he was trying to fucking backtrack because he was being a dick. He was.
Speaker 2: He was being a dick, and it's just like I but I I get Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Everyone's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not trying to sneak into this row, right, I am happy to sit anywhere like I went. I I but maybe I should have just walked away on my own feel when I felt like I shouldn't be there but I didn't know how assigned seats they were, like I.
Speaker 3: Just do right, well you do were doing what you were told.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at least I was invited to the party this time. I mean a security guard did make sure that I was invited.
Speaker 1: But well, you know, maybe he has like the security guard has like a weird thing about weed still he's from the days of weed still being illegal or something.
Speaker 3: No, when I walked in, I go, I think he's an ex cop.
Speaker 2: Yeah I got ex cop vibes from him.
Speaker 3: But whatever.
Speaker 2: I either way, it was really fun. It is exciting, and Michael Katon is so talented. I teared up during the movie multiple times. Really what makes to see it? He is he's just really talented. There's a few scenes where he's just it's just close ups of his face like being emotional, and he's just really good.
Speaker 1: He's really good, and he has such an interesting face, and he can play so many different things.
Speaker 2: And I hope that we're getting funny parts too. Yeah, I hope we're you.
Speaker 1: Getting new generations of Michael Keaton and we're not just getting like Glenn Powell, like hot boy like cutouts, you know, Like I really hope we're gonna get like, who's glenned to Michael Keaton?
Speaker 3: What are you talking?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Glenn Powell is.
Speaker 1: The fucking hot guy in Top Gun, oh, the Sydney Sweeney movie, in all the hot guy, he's the hot guy or whatever. And it's like, fine, we can have a hot guy, but I just hope that we're also getting like Mikey.
Speaker 2: He's not my hot guy. I feel like Austin Butler's hotter Glenn Powell.
Speaker 1: That's the same, but same like hot guys, you know what I mean. They're like Michael Keaton's like interesting looking and can play all these weird parts and funny parts, but.
Speaker 3: Can also be a handwek guy. I think he was, Yeah he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like he was, you know, but I guess he's lived in Wyoming for over twenty years.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, I didn't know that. I mean, Anna de Armis just moved to Vermont. People are people are cocooning?
Speaker 2: I don't know, well, especially because people aren't filming as much in LA. I think people are going to like Toronto, Atlanta, Jerseys getting tax cuts. Someone was telling me they're filming a bunch of stuff in Ireland. Lately Vancouver. I just think you can live anywhere now as an accer and just like you're just going to these sets like it's not the same.
Speaker 3: Totally totally so true.
Speaker 1: Wait, speaking of X Cop, and then we really do have to start the episode. I somebody one of you beautiful listeners sent our account, our Instagram account, like a TikTok or an Instagram reel or something of this guy explaining how a cop in South Florida, I think it was South Florida, a cop somewhere took his wife's hair from the shower and was planting it at crime scenes because he wanted he didn't want to be with her anymore. He was planting it at crime scenes and incriminating her. And then when they found her hair and like ques her or whatever, he was like, yes, she has been acting really weird. He was trying to get her fucking incarcerated.
Speaker 3: And how do they figure it out? And did he get in trouble? Like what? I don't know? Go on, I have to like google the full story.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hopefully she had good enough alibis that they knew it wasn't her or like where the crime is different?
Speaker 1: Because if this guy's a cop. Then he knew where to place it. Okay, it's okay. When I google it, it's literally only coming up on TikTok. Hold time, a policeman was collecting his wife's hair from the shower and placing it at crime scenes because he wanted her.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's fake. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just saw it. I just saw this on TikTok and I was like, that's wild. And of course it was an ex cop and people were like, never marry a cop. But now it's like, when I look it up, it's only on TikTok and like Twitter, So maybe it's fake. But you know who knows. I wanted to shut on a cop for a sec.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only TikTok. We need another sort, we'll go into it.
Speaker 3: That's where more and more people are getting their news.
Speaker 2: Well, I have another crime thing. I watched the documentary I wish to remember the name, but it's on Netflix and it's about a woman who is a corrections officer for seventeen years. She was the assistant manager of it. She was beloved, very kind, like the employees loved her, the inmates loved her, like she gave everything up to this job. She had a heart and then she helped an inmate escape and they went on the run, and then they've had to investigate and they figured out she's been dating him and they've been having phone sex, and you get to hear their phone sex tapes, and then you see all the footage of like all the times she has helped him escape or what's going on. And then I don't want to give it away if you guys like watch, but it's interesting because all the inmates are like, that's real love. Man, they loved each other. They loved each other. He like, oh he was did you do anything? And then all the people in her life are like, this is sad.
Speaker 3: She was used.
Speaker 2: This is a dangerous man, and they wanted to find her because they're like, he's gonna turn it on her and kill her.
Speaker 3: This is a bad person.
Speaker 2: And then the inmate confessional like tapes are like, man, they really had something special. And then her friends are crying being like we didn't know she was so lonely, you know, but it was very good. Oh my god, Yes, I need to watch. I want to watch.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't know everyone's talking about how the Menendez Bryan Murphy's gonna get the Menendez Brothers out of jail.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I heard there's also not that, but there's a new doc about the abuse and detailing, and I guess they have been in jail for close to forty years. Yeah, and if there is now proof and everything about the abuse, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I would have to look more into it. But the TV show is very weird. I have it on in the background of stuff, like Ari Grainer's in it. I'm watching the Chloe seven y eight, like about the Parents right now, Like I just like watch the performances, but I'm not really into it. Yeah, I just think it's too I don't know, I want more real stuff. I gotta watch this dock. I don't know much about them, and I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the last thing I watched about the Menendez Brothers was like eight years ago when they did Law and Order American Crime Story with Edie Falco and like did the full read.
Speaker 3: You know, there's oh my god, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was like that was like that was like in twenty seventeen or eighteen or something. All right, well, let's get started. We've got a great show. This episode is freaky, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: All right? Everyone?
Speaker 2: Did I sound like what's her name? Laura Love Laura Delilah? I think it was Laura ritual Baby, Season five, episode fourteen. You're thinking ritual, Wow, sounds like a expensive facial.
Speaker 3: No that's not no, not so what it's about to happen.
Speaker 2: But Casey also made a weird face that he does not think about spot treatments when you here's the word ritual, But why do I Is there like a brand?
Speaker 1: Yes, because there's like a brand called Rituals. Isn't there or are we seeing origins? Isn't there a Rituals face brand? Ritual Prenate, there's Prenatal Rituals Cosmetics. Yes, there's a Rituals cosmetics.
Speaker 2: Because the way Casey scrunches, I'm like, am I making this up? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, there's a cosmetics, Which makes sense that Casey wouldn't know about that and we would.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I'm crashy. I don't know about this either.
Speaker 2: This looks like I've never seen this bottle of my goddamn life.
Speaker 3: Well wait.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to point out that the air date of this episode is February third, two thousand and four, two three four.
Speaker 3: I thought you'd kind of liked that. I bet we had a funday.
Speaker 2: I bet I have had a fun day in high school writing the date down two three four. All right, So two people who work for the park district are in the park. They're picking everything up from condoms, dog crap, needles, be careful, but pick it up. One's a veteran and he's showing, oh, a guy that seems like he's on his first day of the ropes. The short one is like, whoa look at this and it's bowls of blood and beads, and the tall ones like, yeah, it happens animal sacrifice.
Speaker 3: Put it in the bag.
Speaker 2: And the little one's like, I don't know, it's the body, and the tall ones like, shut up, it's just a dead chicken. And then he goes, oh, it ain't no chicken. So we cut Tom Melinda Warner doing her work. The victim is black male, seven or eight years old. I don't like that they called him a male. That's a child. Do they do that for kids? They have to identify the gender they do. There's just something that I'm like, would they say seven or nine female or they be like girl.
Speaker 3: I just remember, like they wouldn't say boy. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just reminded me that black boys have to grow up faster and that they're seen as like adults. And I was wondering if this is normal or if it's yeah, that kind of prejudice.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I thought about that.
Speaker 2: But it gets worse than calling yeah, listen, had arms, legs they're missing. Stabler is there to get the rapport and scope out the scene.
Speaker 3: It could be a ritual killing.
Speaker 2: And the bones were cut in the middle, not in the joints, and Melinda's like, easier ways to do this. So to me, I'm like, a professional, didn't do this. The bones are cut in the middle, but later we find out it is very meticulous, So I'm confused already. So Benson and Stabler talked to the tall man and.
Speaker 3: He looks so sad that he saw a dead child body.
Speaker 2: And he's like, listen, I've seen some dead goats and other animals, but not a child, and then he goes, pretty freaky people in this city, yes, So Melinda calls them over. Stabler is like, animals I've heard of, but what religion sacrifices kids? And then Melinda goes, oh, yeah, the boy's throat was cut while he was still alive, and then it's a close up on Benson and Stabler and their faces are just like we're in for a doozy and we start the credits. So we're back at the Emmy's office and the child died with when his carotid artery was cut. Then he was dismembered. He died about twelve hours ago. And then she says, not a hack chob you know, it was methodical, the bone cutting and everything, like they knew exactly what they were doing. And then Melinda starts explaining how flesh around the neck and limbs were flensed, and Stabler says, what we're all thinking. What So then there's like a dummy neck, headless person and she does a presentation of like how the cutting happened and the flensing or whatever, and that the blood and the bulls do match the victim, but they'll do a DNA test too. What doesn't the blood prove the DNA? Like, what's the blood day, Like, the.
Speaker 1: Blood type is the same, so it's likely his, but they got to do the DNA to confirm.
Speaker 2: Got to cut it, and she says she's never seen anything like it and that he was bled out by hanging upside down.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm really sad.
Speaker 2: And then they asked like, can we id him and she goes, yeah, there's an old scar in his stomach and that might help id the body. But other than that, there are no signs of abuse and the kid was well fed, so it's a healthy ass kid. And we're back at the priesting ready to fill in Daddy Craigs and get directions on what's next. But there's no hits or clues on the kid, and you know, they're just chatting, brainstorming as Munch walks in with some boxes and Munch talks to a professor of the occult who says that the bowls and the blood are very commonly used in Santoria, and Finn has the scoop on Santoria from his old drug policing days. I was first practiced by enslaved Africans who are brought to America and Christianity was forced onto them, and so they switched and would call their old gods by saint names. And so that's like the candle the Saints and the Santuria a mix and match and Finn has memories of like care Caribbean or Caribbean.
Speaker 3: How do you say it? I say it both ways. I don't know. I think Caribbean if you're talking about a person, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and Fit has memories of Caribbean and South American drug dealers putting hexes on him. They threw grave dust on him and they would leave dead chickens at the precinct. So Kragan stops the chatter and is like, okay, let's go with what we have. Ritualize murder by somebody who practices Santaia and go So we go to Martinez Imports and that's where the bowl and candle is from that they found. So Benson and Stabler visit and they sell thousands every month, which is wild.
Speaker 3: I'm like thousands. It's like.
Speaker 2: Thousands of Santa Ria candles a month. And if that's so wiser store, so Dusty, get it together. But we're kind of lucky right now. It's a new Saint candle, Saint Cecilia. So there might be soup. There might be scoop and soup. You never know. It shipped to three buyers and one of the buyers is in New York and it was sold to the Center of Study of Santaia. So the man in charge there, wearing a sweater vest and holding a New York Post style paper, says, oh, Central Park voodoo slings on the cover, So it must be our religion. But our religion is peaceful and chill, and Sailor's like, this isn't about religious tradition. It's about murder my friend. And Sailor's losing it. And this guy's like the Supreme Court and religious freedoms, and Sailor's like, I don't give a shit.
Speaker 3: A candle you had here.
Speaker 2: Was placed a few feet away from a dismembered child. No one cares about your fucking religion. Get insulted, but get move on. It's so fucking annoying to me, Like, you don't respect Santaia.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 2: There's bowls of blood, there's a headless child, and you're like the Supreme Court said we can cut off a chicken's head. I'm like so annoyed with this leader, but I also get it. These people are probably rude in him all the time. But he says, fuck you, and you're big a treat. You need a cord order and you can find your way out, so they gotta go. So since they can't bully their way into a member list, they're now bullying case you know, back into breaking the law to get a court order.
Speaker 3: And you know the drill.
Speaker 2: She's like the law constitution, and Stabler's like dead child with bowls of blood. And then Stabler calls the religious store owner a hostile and it's like, yeah, it takes one to no one. And then the candle also isn't enough, Casey says, because like they were sold out of state and sent and you can't prove that the candle was from the store. And Benson's like, listen, I talked to the other churches that have the candles. They haven't like used those candles. Yet no one has those candles. And I love a spinoff called Candle Detectives. And so then Craigan points his finger and says, also, like they didn't drain the kid at the park. That's that's something to know, you know, they needed privacy. So maybe it was at the center, and you know, maybe it was a member. So Casey, why don't you say, since they do sell the candles, maybe a child was bled out in their religious home. Now it's gone too far. So she suggests they go talk to the people that live and work around the center to see if they have any leads. And we meet an old white woman and she's like, boo, I hate them, and it's like, worry less about the center and more about your roots. Two inches of outgrowth, honey, get to the salon spying on Santaia too much.
Speaker 3: But she was a tea.
Speaker 2: But this actress was a teacher in the Faculty, which I recently rewatched, and so that was exciting.
Speaker 3: Is that a blind spot for you?
Speaker 1: No? I actually think I saw the Faculty when I was really young and kind of blocked it out because it scared me a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she was the dead body in the closet that like falls out. Oh and she was also in She Devil and Sex and the City's episode four Women in a Funeral and she did pass in nine, but we are lucky to have her here. And she does not like young people exposed to this stuff on school nights. It's at ten, there's so many kids and not one more than eight years old, and she calls it a crying shame. During this time, munch in Finner at a restaurant and the restaurant workers like, oh yeah, pretty weird shit happens over there, and he goes, one time I was closing up, I heard shrieking and drums and noises and animals. And Novak is using all this info to do a walk and talk with a judge to try to get a warrant. And the judge is like, girl, get real strange behaviors, not grounds for a warrant. Kids go there for youth classes that have been well documented, and the judge understands what racism is and it's nice to see that, you know, she knows what a racist in action looks like. And she doesn't like that all these old whites don't like the Sansoria and Novak again screams there's a dead boy, and Novak uses the words cut up and bled him like a pig. So the judge approves the warrant, and then the judge hopes this doesn't turn into a witch hunt. Mike Doyle's sexy asses on the scene with Stabler and Benson and the religious leader wearing all white and beads, and he is livid, and Doyle finds some chicken leftovers and Stabler can't find a list of the members anywhere, and accuse the leader of deleting them, and he says, fuck you, I know the law, and if you know anything about a religion, you know my people would never do something like this. Benson saunters over and goes, what makes you so sure, and the man goes, well, the child is found near a lake, and the lake is ruled by a saint that is a protector of children, and it would be blasphemous in front of the saint of children to do this. And Stabler goes, what if the killer is a heretic and dude, isla, I know, I like that, And dude is like, whoa fuck. Maybe in Africa, but definitely not here. So then Benson goes, okay, let's she goes full ice. She goes, let's round up the African immigrants. Who can we harass. So Stabler says, give me the list of immigrants and that would do a human sacrifice, and I will o or I will harass everyone at every service and call the Department of Animal Control and the health Department will visit your dumb ass. And he goes, okay, okay, like this is blackmail, but I have the lists in my pocket, and here are the recent immigrants. You fucking aggressive guys. You know, one time when I was living in Williamsburg, an apartment by my coffee shop was throwing a party, and so I went and they did have a donkey, and then someone called animal control and peda on the donkey. But I have a photo with the donkey, and I was happy to meet the donkey. And then they were back at the coffee shopping like fucking someone called peta, this is bullshit, and I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to have a donkey at our party, all right.
Speaker 2: So we get the list, but Warner has something, and I'm sure it's gonna be graphics, sad and filled with clues and information. So Warner tested the victim's hair for isotopes, like get the fuck out of here, and so it's a chemical signature of a location. And his levels are in New York and he's been in. His isotope level shows that he's been in New York City for about four weeks. The bones, though, show a strontium level that she shared with some anthropologists who said that the levels are a match for Nigeria.
Speaker 3: So legit.
Speaker 2: The bone strownium levels led them to a city in Nigeria, and he's only been in New York for a month before he was killed. So then Benson goes, fuck, he was brought here to be sacrificed. That's why nobody reported him missing. So Stabler then is like, you know, there's no immigrant, there's no recent immigrants at the center, which means he just harassed a whole religious community for no reason.
Speaker 3: They're updating the captain.
Speaker 2: They spin out of the office to go to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and see if they have this child on file. So it's a walk and talk with this worker, and all their immigrant kids are doing fine. So this kid came to this country illegally. He checked all local addresses of all their new boys and from Nigeria that are all legal. Everyone is safe, everyone is happy. But he he's not surprised that this boy came illegally because it's the third largest money maker after drugs and guns, is the sale of human beings. And fifteen thousand kids are trafficked here each year. And Stabler goes in Africa and he goes, no America, you fucking here, and he sends them to talk to a woman at the consulate came a me Buddha who is in quotes passionate about stolen children. And they're in a windy staircase. Behind the woman she is gorgeous. And this is Erica Alexandra from Living Single and she was most recently an American fiction.
Speaker 3: If anyone has seen that, yes.
Speaker 2: Kara famously told me it was a lighthearted comedy and a death, a death in the first ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I famously mischaracterized that movie a little bit. Yes, yes I did.
Speaker 2: I went and being like, this will be silly balling. I like tears, Yeah I have. I told you when I was in charge of renting a movie for my family and I was like, okay, I have to pick something that's not perverted. I don't want to watch sex scenes with my family. What am I gonna get? And then I got The Banger Sisters and that is about two aged sluts reminiscing about their slut times and like you truly saw there the found they had a polaroid collection of Dix and there were photos of I was just like their daughter's fucking in the pool. It was a tough, yeah, tough watch. I remember my dad going and getting Clementines. It was like so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: But I guess I void anything with the word bang in it with your parents. I guess, you know.
Speaker 2: I just thought there was I didn't even but I don't even know if I knew, Like when did that come out that I didn't understand what banger meant like, but it's like head banger.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't get to that.
Speaker 1: I came out in O two, So you were, what like fifteen, I was too old to not know that this was going to be perverted. But you know, we Goldie Haun, Susan Sarandon. How could we not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that house like good pal fun.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, how would I have known that it was gonna be this weird situation?
Speaker 3: But you know, a good family story, one for the books.
Speaker 2: So anyways, Erica Alexander's here and she's very passionate and she's gonna help them. So she's gorgeous. She's wearing a matching like head piece and dress. It's a maroon color gold jewelry, and she's explaining, most Nigerians are people that are super educated and like doing great, but rural places, tradition dies hard, and it's possible that they might sacrifice humans. But she's like kids disappearing like from Africa. That happens all the time to Europe in the US for slave labor. This isn't you know? This is about child labor, sexual labor, sweatshops, domestics. So they sit in her office and they learn about all this, and Benson asks if there have been any missing children reports from Bendian City and she says, no boys that age, but someone that works the switchboard at the consulate said there was a call two days ago from a girl worried about her missing brother, and then the caller hung up before she got any more info. And the name is a Johnny. And Sailor says, can we check phone records to find the info? And she says yes, no worries like have at it, but only and then, but you know, only for this investigation. So we're in Craigan's office having a meeting. They are all as shocked as we are that they just shared their phone records and much as like Americans would never help in this way, and Staybor goes much shut up. She knows we're not interested in state secrets. He does not take much seriously today. And then Benson comes in with some files. She there's been eight calls to the consulate switchboard at the time. The sister called so much in Finn go to this rich ass looking house and there's a maid that looks like one hundred one Dulmatian made, and she's like, you can't come in.
Speaker 3: But in the.
Speaker 2: Distance they see a young black girl cleaning the floors, and so then Fing goes, says a Johnny, and you see the girl make a face and the old woman goes.
Speaker 3: No bye, and no one near by that name Chris.
Speaker 2: Supposed the door, and Fin shoves his way in, and the girl is so cute. Her name is Naima, like from America's Top Model season four, and she confesses to Finn that yes, she did call and ask, and she's like, did they find a Johnny? And so they will have to tell her her brother is dead, which is sad, but there are children's services. Finn is talking to her. She says she works from six a m. To midnight and can't go out. How much housework is there to do eighteen hours, even if it's a giant house. I'm like, what what possibly needs to be done for that many.
Speaker 3: Hours a day?
Speaker 1: I never even really know what people's maids are doing from like you know, nine to five, Like every day you have eight hours of housework in your I mean, I guess these people have big houses and there's cooking and other shit to do. But Jesus multiple help too. It's wilding cause.
Speaker 3: I get six, Sam, okay, you're making breakfast for work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it's like it should be wrapped up by eight latest. I mean, this is also illegals, so none of this should be happening. She should be at the mall. So she found out about her brother because the evil rich lady was watching the news and they meant, you know, they mentioned the scar on the stomach, and so she knew it was her brother. He had a scar from falling off a tree while climbing it. And so then of course these men showed up said we're going to take you to America, to a grade school, and it's like, come on, no one's ever just trying to help you. She explains that when she got to America, she was in a giant room with tons of beds and people would come look at them, and she was hoping to be taken together, but this woman only wanted her and I hope they fucking slit this bitch's throat, but they locked her in a cellar so she couldn't run away. And Finn and Stabler they meet in the spyglassroom with the woman from the consulate and she's going to find their mother and send a Johnny's body back and help take care of everything. And I'm really excited because the woman in charge of the house is at a charity event. Oh it's so good, So there's gonna be a public arrest. So the consolent worker, like you know, goes. What she doesn't know is that charity begins at home. And it's like, all right, put that on a shirt, and a bunch of old white rich ladies and hats are clapping, and we see her in all purple and she's like, I'm not going with you and an axe all proper, and it's like you're arrested for being a slave master, so you gotta go, and Finn goes. If you haven't heard, Lincoln freed the slaves and Peter Herman is her lawyer, which makes me understand why everyone hated him at first.
Speaker 3: Like I know he did good work eventually.
Speaker 2: But like this is an example of like why they're like he defends yeah, yeah, ah, it smells.
Speaker 3: Like what do they always say? Not pigs but something.
Speaker 1: They're the I'm also like obsessed with this event, Like it's all these women that are dressed in like crazy like Chanelle suits and shit, and they're like and the flower chair is Mildred Worthington, Like it's all like that vibe, and it's so great to send someone in and be like, arrest this bitch for slave owning in the middle of that.
Speaker 3: It's so good. Well, I'm sure the rest of them were like, oh jeez, could have been me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, They're like oh, let go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they were all running to use their cell phones to call and have there.
Speaker 2: That is why the rich need to be murdered, Like you are so rich and you still need a slave, Like yeah, you could pay a couple a couplet girls, good pay I just yeah, oh my god. So this bitch is in cement room bars going she's a domestic legal worker, and the rich lady is just like whatever, I gave a poor girl a job and stabled her.
Speaker 3: Goes, oh yeah, what do you pay her?
Speaker 2: She doesn't pay her, only room and board, no money at all, but then she has the audacity to go. It's more than she would get at home, and it's like, you don't think you should make zero at home. I think she could make zero. When asked how she found her, she's being fucking cagy. You know, she doesn't know. It's none of their business. And they were like, listen, you knew she was here illegally, and you did nothing. Slavery is a federal crime. Have fun in prison for ten years. And Finn does a very convincing speech and he's like, you're not gonna like the dress code and the joint and this woman makes me sick, and fucking tell them where you bought this girl? And the cont went to a warehouse in Long Island City and bought a child and then sits at a charity event, This cold hearted bitch, and I bet she will end up in jail. She's not getting out of this, we hope. So then they're like trying to be like, where did you buy where did you get this girl? Where did you get this girl? And she is not playing ball, So Stabler runs out of focks to give, and so he gets up and dramatically to a Unicop is like Booker and then that's like Trevor's.
Speaker 3: Like, no, no, hold on, okay.
Speaker 2: And finally she confesses I paid a fee. I don't know the Oh no, she's still fucking playing games. Oh the numbers disconnected. I don't remember this. I don't remember that. And finally she screams, I went to a warehouse in Long Island City. And it's like, why didn't you just tell them?
Speaker 3: And you're not disgusted with yourself?
Speaker 2: What is in these people's I bet there are also people that would go out to dinners and be like, I'm not even racist, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yes, fucking do right would fit right in with this group.
Speaker 2: So they go to Long Island City and it's one of more of the more of the chilling moments in the show's history. They had to astoreage unit and there's like an additional lock on the door and the facility. Dude's like, that's not our lock, that's a separate lock that they brought in, and it's a ton of children. They're all chained up. It's so sad. There's such cute kids, heartbreaking kids and chains everywhere. The detectives are stunned. And I also just hate that this is a reality for so many people on the planet. And the detectives are showing the kids of Johnny's photo and one girl knows him and she says he cried when he was taken away from his sister. And a girl with a giant scar on her face is, you know, giving some scoop. And then a really cute boy tells Benson, you know, they were friends and their beds were next to each other, and his name is Quasi. And a nice man took a Johnny. He brought them all candy. He was white, and the man liked a Johnny's doll that was made for luck. So that's all the info we got, and thank god we got to free all these kids. And finn Is like, yep, the traffickers were gonna leave them there to die. So they basically the traffickers saw Johnny was the body was found, saw that the heat was on, like locked with a separate drill type lock, dead bolt lock on the outside of the door, and we're just gonna let these chained children slowly starve to death. Oh horrible, so on, Oh my god, I forgot You're gonna have to report on what happened. Okay, So once the trafficker person saw okay, But then in my head, I'm like, you can't let them loose.
Speaker 3: Let them loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now we have a fucking new theory and I'm really into this. Finn goes, since it's a white person, you know, goes, maybe it could be someone that just knows about Santoria but doesn't practice it, And Sadler goes, but why would we need a Santaia cover story?
Speaker 3: What's it covering up? And Finn goes, human.
Speaker 2: Trafficking, it's you know, late laborer, but for sex, Like, this is what it is. Someone killed their fucking sex slave. And this person knew about the doll, which means he knows about African folklore. So Craigan quickly TRACKFIC controls the crew. Sabler goes to the Santa Ria Center because they only asked about members, but like maybe there was a random white in there. And then Finn goes to talk to Naima, the sister, to get scoop about the doll. And the doll scoop is it's a protector. It's a little statue and it stays in a pouch for safety and the mom made the pouch herself, and since they have the same doll, Finn looks at it closely and goes, oh, it kens, and then the girl goes, yeah, my great great grandfather made them with a special mark. And they haven't found her mother yet, but she wants to go home, but for now she is happy. They're going to help find her a foster home. And she is dealing with the death of her brother quite well and sadly, I think this girl, there's a lot of tragedy, and so she but she lets them have the doll for good luck to help find her mother, and he's really touched by having this doll. And then back at the center there, our leader is like, oh, we don't sell the candles to whites. Maybe other places let white do Santoria, not.
Speaker 3: In my house.
Speaker 2: And so they're like yeah, but like could someone have like are you sure there weren't any whites, And then a light bulb. He remembers they had an art exhibit recently and a few white people did get to buy some stuff, and one of those people was Maggie Shay and she has a gallery and she says she buys lots of interesting things and uses candles at the gallery and house because she likes the way they smell. And she's like, what is this even about, and Stabler says, we're talking to tons of people. You're not special, so just answer our candle questions. And then they ask if she was at the gallery Mounder or Tuesday. She goes, no, I was actually out of town. I was in Ghana. I went on a buying trip and I found a great new artist and I was happy about it. But and so I cut my trip short, a month short. She goes, I got home Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: Must have been like a bullseye artist find like, you cut your trip a month short? Geez. Yeah, She's like, I found the guy. I'm out of here.
Speaker 2: And then, no matter how many times I've seen this, when Finn like comes out in the gallery holding the same good luck doll that matches Naimas, I get shivers like excitement, like all of a sudden, I'm like, oh, we're gonna get these motherfuckers. Yeah, and I get them. So he's like, oh, what's this doll? And she goes, oh, no, that's not for sale. That was actually a welcome home gift from my husband. Finn says, where did he get it? She goes one hundred and twenty fifth Street flea market, and so he's like, well, I would love to get one of these my life.
Speaker 3: My wife loves this dumb shit. So what's your husband's number?
Speaker 2: And so then her husband is a professor at Hudson Done Done, and he teaches art history. So let's go see Alan. And it's Michael Emerson and he, you know, I think he's a classic character actor. And the character is I'm a dork and a freak. Is that a good man to describe?
Speaker 1: Well him, I mostly know him from Evil, you know, my favorite show that I talk about all the time. I know him from Evil, and he's a conniving little devil man, you know, but like he's supposed to be kind of get on your nerves. And also I want to point out that the woman that plays the wife is Triny Alvarado, who no longer acts, but was the title character in the movie Stella starring Bette Midler, which I do bring up all the time because oh, actually.
Speaker 3: I don't think you bring it up enough because I don't even know it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's the one where nobody comes to the birthday. Oh, no, you played it in cinema Trix, Yes, yes, and nobody comes to the birthday party and I always call it, oh no, I don't want to be Stella on my birthday. I can't remember if Stella is her or the mother or Bette Midler's character. I'm pretty sure it's the daughter's character. But anyway, she was an actress in a lot of stuff in the eighties and shit, but then not much lately, and I think she's quick the biz. But anyway, she was in Little Women. She was in the original Little Women with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm I know him from Lost. I don't know her at all. I hope she's doing well. And you know, your guy was in an episode of Clause.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that when Michael Emerson was in It was in Clause.
Speaker 2: Yeah, season one, episode nine, just one episode in Brosia like this, So.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that, but that is interesting because he's married to Carrie Preston aka Elsbeth.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's someone in the nineties that was always like or early like when I was a kid. She was always nominated for an award. You know, she was like that Fifth Factor spot where you're like, who is this that was her always for me as a child. All right, So we got we got Michael Emerson, one of the best in the biz, and once you see him, you know tom foolery is afoot. And then I wrote, in the words of Alyssa Edwards, spooky ooky, So.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what I was feeling.
Speaker 2: He's like, l ol, how could I give for my wife be involved in an investigation for the police. And it's like, you know what you did? So they ask if he's a pro at African art. He goes, oh, no, that's that's my wife. My specialty is Tibetan sand paintings. These these these are rich kids. You don't specialize in Tibetan sand paintings if you're if you were raised working class. He said he'd had no idea how valuable the doll was until the wife told him. He offers to help find the doll by going next Saturday to the flea market. Identifying the man he feels very strongly about smuggling antiquities. He thinks it needs to be stopped and he could he will help. He says he's trying to get the Elgin marbles back to Greece and he's really proud of it. And then we cut to Stabler taping a photo of Michael Emerson's face onto the precinct board, going Elgin marbles my ass.
Speaker 3: He goes, this is the guy slick as they come.
Speaker 2: So basically, he got a boy a toy slave for two months, but then his wife was coming home early and he had to stash the body, so he staged the ritual to throw everyone off the track. But then it's like, why keep the doll? Why not get rid of it? And Stabler goes a trophy duh. He gets his rock soft seeing his wife have it, and Finn goes, but it should have come with a beaded pouch. So now we have to find the pouch. We get search warrants, we start looking. We're at the Shay residence on East sixty fourth Street and Mike Doyle's doing some black light action. There's tons of bleach in the tub, but no blood and Benson's piss. Stabler has nothing either. There's no evidence anywhere in the house. Sabler calls the boys and munch infin also have nothing now, so munch Invent are back at the Hudson in the office with the research assistant and she goes, hey, whatever you need, I'll help you. And Finn goes, well, we're looking for a beaded pouch and she goes, oh, why didn't you say so? And then she hands over a beaded pouch and goes, doctor Shay gave it to me as a present. They go fuck so they go fuck z Essa up, so too like public arrests. In one episode We Are Lucky. So he's teaching class. They arrest him in front of the whole class and he's stuttering. He's like, sop, I don't get it, Alan Shay, you're under arrest for the murder of a Johnny Haruna and he denies. A lawyer and he's like, I don't know why the hell I'm here, and he is really good. So Sabler is bringing up the pouch and how like there Johnny's mom made those pouches and like it's identical to the sisters. Like there's no way, and he's like, I have no idea who a Johnny is. I don't know what you're talking about. I bought it from a street vendor and he you know, it's like and then he goes, that's street vendor. Is the killer and you're letting him go, and he's just a really good actor. He just keeps being like, who's a Johnny, which reminds me of oh Mary, what?
Speaker 3: Why? The south of what? Who's Louis pees?
Speaker 2: And his eyes are so wide, But then he's still calm, so it's really yeah, he's great. Stabl Is like, so all cosmic coincidence, and I liked him saying cosmic. And he goes, so, you know, the same pouch and statue as a dead child and candles were all left at your wife, Like, come on, bro, you're connected to too much. This is not a coincidence. And then Stable goes, listen, I'm not that bright. You're the educated guy here. Would you buy this story? And he says yes, because that's what happened. So then they're like, well, why was Bleach everywhere? He goes what bleach? I was? I got the house cleans, my wife was coming home. I hired a cleaning service. What's the big deal? And Stable's like, I'll tell you what I think is going on. Your wife surprised you by coming home early, and you had to get rid of the boy in a hurry. But you can't have him finger you so you murdered him and covered it up with sacrifice?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: So does this mean he's been like buying boys and sacrificing them forever and as a serial killer, Or it's the first boys killed and has let other slave boys leave?
Speaker 3: Or what what do you think?
Speaker 1: I don't know, great question, like they got this guy on his first one, or well maybe no. I think it's possible he's gotten other boys and killed them in ways where he's been able to fully dispose of the body. He did this one really quickly because she was coming home right Like, maybe he I don't know, figured out they buried these at his like country house. I mean, who knows what he did with the other victims. That's a good point, you know. Yeah, this is so, Stabler goes. You can't hide from me behind your fancy education. I smell you.
Speaker 2: You're nothing but a skelle who gets his rock soft screwing other boys.
Speaker 3: Yes, Stabler, give him hell.
Speaker 2: So Benson is with the wife who's like, no way, my husband is not a child's molestor Benson takes out the two dollars for luck and says, who who do you think makes these?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: You gave one to your husband. The other belongs to the sister of the murdered boy, and she goes, you're wrong, there's dozens of those, and then Benson goes, really, you really mean that you're an expert? Right, Violin starts strumming, it starts hitting her. Benson takes out the pouches and the wife goes, oh, so they can carry around their protectors. She's getting wet eyes, she's breathing heavy, she's realizing. She goes Monday evening, you know, she calls him in London. From London and goes, hey, I thought she was in Ghana. What the fuck is going on? Didn't she Ghana?
Speaker 1: But maybe she had to do a layover. She was like, Oh, I'm on my layover, I'm on my way home.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, yeah, I'm so suspicious.
Speaker 2: Monday evening she called him and I'm saying, you know, i'll be home early, and she's like, yeah, I thought he'd be happy, but he was fucking pissed and I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: And he was.
Speaker 2: Just like, I need more time to get the house ready and I need more notice. And she did ask like, why are you so angry and not happy to see me, and she said that he apologized right away, covered his tracks, was like my bad, my bad, my bad. But it stayed with her and she kept thinking, oh, he's having an affair, and I interrupted them. She recognizes the photos Benson shows her of the candles and said that she asked him what was up and that the candle was missing, and he said he used it in one of the bulls. So then Benson asked for details about the bulls and the wife's had enough. She's like, I can't, I can't, And Benson is like, Maggie, you better help us before another child might die. And she's crying and swallowing hard and she's like, yeah, you know she I got called from London. He asked work, He's to our storage was where I keep all my inventory and the room is in the basement under the gallery.
Speaker 3: But she seems like a dumb bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would he need the key to your inventory? Right?
Speaker 3: Why is he kissed her? Coming home?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Why are you still like he could have never It's like he's clearly a child molester.
Speaker 2: Look at his eyes and there's blood down in the room, a trail of blood that leads to a crate and Finn and Munch opened the crate and Finn says, we got to get a medical examiner in here. So back at the precinct, the villain's in the interrogation room and Craigan's like, you're going to death row, bitch, And Sabler walks in with a Moroccan tilebox that he bought from a family in Marrakesh and he's like, oh, I was trying to ship it to Tibet, so whatever. He's looking at it with his bespectacled ass, and then Novak's like, cooperate and you go to jail for life or don't and you die by lethal injection. And he goes, I'm supposed to be intimidated. New York hasn't killed a person in forty years. And Novak's like, you're right, you're extra scum and I'm sure a jury would think that you suck so bad you're dead. Novak's like, hey, Professor Shay Gamble, it's your life. And then Craigan goes towards the tile box and he's like, let's see what's inside the box. And finally Michael Emerson goes no, no, no, and then goes, I'll cooperate and they ask him, why did you do this? He goes, well, I couldn't risk body parts flowing in the East River. You're right, he's murdered before. Yeah, he spills the beans on the trafficker he worked with. His name is Bosa and he's a facilitat and he greases the wheels for international shipping. And he tries to give the number and Novak says, no, the number isn't good, not enough, And he goes, no, the number is good.
Speaker 3: I talked to him last week. So were you trying to get another boy? You sick? Fuck?
Speaker 2: So a new shipment is coming in tomorrow and it's book report time.
Speaker 3: So you know why does that mean? Okay, so wait, can I just say one thing really quick.
Speaker 1: I think I always thought that in that crate was like another boy, and now I'm realizing it's his limbs, right, m hm.
Speaker 3: I'm dumb in my mind.
Speaker 1: I was always like, oh, it was like another boy that he was like, I'm so dumb. Why did I always think that?
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're not dumb. It's a lot of body parts to keep trapped.
Speaker 3: No, I was like, I know.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, this is like where he kept them like tied up, and this is like another boy and for some reason that's always been in my head that it's another boy, but it's the limbs.
Speaker 3: Wow wow learning.
Speaker 1: Okay, book report, Well what does that even mean?
Speaker 3: So whatever?
Speaker 2: This guy both Martin Bosa I wrote Mark, but it is Martin and he's a Nigerian citizen in the US on a work visa. Interpol knows about him. He's all about slaves and drugs and we need a plan to get him. And Munch is like, Okay, this guy's a psychopath, like he left a bunch of kids to starve to death.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he knows the heat is on him. Can we even get to him?
Speaker 2: And they're like, well, the only way to get to him is to try to buy a child. So Craigan's like, well, Benson is sta able of you go. The guy's gonna smell cop on you. So they're like, well, then let's send someone from his own country. Great thinking, Benson. So they send the consolate woman and Finn to meet the trafficker and they're doing a chat about how to buy a person and this is really really fucked. So then Finn and his wife they meet up with this guy Martin Bussa Bosa and he's scary as fuck, and the Erica Alexander is like, yeah, I just want someone who can cook and clean and keep house. I don't know what keep house means, but it seems like let the husband rape you, she said. But I don't know. It could just mean keep it tidy. But why would you say, cook, clean and keep house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it kind of means like everything in between.
Speaker 3: But yeah, dry cleaning or something. Yeah, maybe laundry.
Speaker 2: She says she can't stand American servants and asks for an obedience servant, and obedience is important above all else. She's good And when the trafficker asks what business he's in, he goes my business.
Speaker 3: So then this dude.
Speaker 2: Offers them straight up a five or six year old child so they can train her to their liking. Finn goes deal, and the guy goes, oh, make arrangements, but like he was suspicious because the guy was.
Speaker 3: Like, how long have you been married?
Speaker 2: And that one little hesitation of like Finn grabbing her arm and speaking like the dude new, the dude new he's a crimin. Yeah, so and Finn go knows that he's been blown. So the guy gets up and then like they all follow him out of the diner. There's a rundown and Finn just starts beating the shit out of this motherfucker and screaming.
Speaker 3: They're kids, you sick son of a bitch. He's bloody on the ground. They you know, keeps punching.
Speaker 2: Stabler has to run out of the car and pull them off, and they arrest him for kidnapping on the first degree. We're in cement room bars and he tries to say that his bargaining chip is his bloody face and that the cops beat up a Nigerian man and he doesn't think the police commissioner wants that kind of publicity. And then the consolate woman in Finn arrive and he goes, I'm not afraid of you, and Finn goes, not me her, and he goes why what can a woman do? And she goes, de porch you, And then the worry hits his face because of the accent. That doesn't sound like mine. I think I did like a like a British guy just and so she's like, she goes, well, your passport's being revoked and I'm sending you to Nigeria where you'll be in jail, and Finn goes they do fire squads there right, tie people up to polls, shoot their ankles. You're gonna get death. And this makes his eyeballs move great eyeball acting. He's worried and he's like, oh no, so let's gets him to reveal that another shipment of kids is arriving that night. But this guy is he being up the shipment of kids so he can serve his jail time in America instead of Nigeria. I wonder, I wonder if that's the deal, because I don't want my ankles shot, because that's what Finn said. They start from the bottom and shoot you all the way up, so you're just bleeding.
Speaker 3: Oh is that a detail I shouldn't have remembered.
Speaker 1: No, I just now that i'm remember now, Yes, I guess like the ankle shooting, I was like out and now I'm like, oh no, then they'll just move up your whole body so your brain is like alive for all of it.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah, I never thought about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, when you research and watch at two three in the morning, something that sticks with you, so so then uh, yeah, whenever we're both working on the dock at the same time.
Speaker 3: I'm always like, well, care is doing it in an appropriate.
Speaker 2: Hour, and I am three hours ahead. Yes, I am in the dock as well. So this gets him to reveal, you know, when you're just on such a fun lineup and that's yeah, like I want to go home. I had a meat brick, I had a sid, I had a Jabuki, Drew Anderson, my friend Caitlyn.
Speaker 3: That's so fun. It was good people. So the cops stop the truck. So many kids in the truck. It's very sad.
Speaker 2: They're selling kids the lowest of the low and Finn is so fucked up about this case and he's just having a hard time. But hopefully the kids are going to have a better life. And Diane Neal when we interviewed her, said that this was her most haunting episode when we asked, and that is Dick Wolf Baby.
Speaker 1: This last shot of like them opening it up with like all the kids in the truck.
Speaker 3: I would say it's like a top.
Speaker 1: Iconic SVU image where you're like fuck, like, you know, because I think the idea of trafficking is like very abstract to a lot of people, and this is like look at this, They're just being like trafficked, like like, uh, you know what am I trying to say any like like furniture, you know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I don't want to hear about the crime. Let's change our owl structure of our podcast.
Speaker 1: I should also mention that in Evil, Michael Emerson is in a relationship for part of the series with Christine Latti aka So now I'm blanking Sonya Paxton.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, girl, So you remember when, okay, you had to pick up my meds for me once when I got COVID and had my earshit, and you changed the address because like obviously you wouldn't have used my Skoki address, so like it's been my LA address forever in Chicago. I forgot my meds, so I had to like reorder meds and they asked for my address, no recollection.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you could remember where you used to live? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. Could not remember that app. Like I was like looking up in Google, Matt, and then finally went to the email and found my email chain with the moving company, and that's how I found my LA address.
Speaker 3: And it's like you only moved like six months ago.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? That's crazy? But yeah, that happens. You just blank out? Why did I blank out on Sonia Packston. She's my favorite evil ada with a heart of gold that I think has a comeback.
Speaker 2: Just no, one just want to drink with her. You just want to drink with her. I know, I know, you know.
Speaker 1: I just want to have a little drinks with Sonya Paxton. All right, let's get to our crimes. Okay, this crime is there's two crimes. But the first one, the major one that this is based on, is the Adam murder case. And we love to talk about cases that were overshadowed by nine to eleven, and this is one of them.
Speaker 3: This happened. That's something we love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I think that's so interesting that like wasn't Shark Eyes guy like he was like a horrible serial killer and then like or like a horrible abuser. And then like we just oops, we were dealing with nine to eleven. We didn't notice like and yeah.
Speaker 2: A girl in the lake that was another one, but that was in an episode.
Speaker 3: That was an episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scott Peterson, weren't we talking about like Lacy Peterson when she originally no.
Speaker 2: That that was the nine to eleven of the time because of that case.
Speaker 3: The case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all these other cases didn't get attention because yes.
Speaker 1: But there are some other cases I feel like where it's like, yeah, nobody's really paying attention because like this massive, like geopolitical, huge thing has happened in the United States.
Speaker 2: I know, the imagine getting kidnapped, dragged into a basement and no one actually even notices because of nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: I know, the rebel, I know, but this happened in London, not the US.
Speaker 1: But on September twenty first, ten days after nine to eleven, two thousand and one, the torso of an unidentified male child ages four to eight years old, was found in the Thames near Tower Bridge, and he was wearing orange shorts. The police called the unidentified victim Adam, and forensic evidence, including mineral samples, much like what they did in this episode, linked to the boy to a rural area of southwestern Nigeria between ben and City, the same city that A Johnny is from. An Ebadon, which is a one hundred by fifty mile swath of land and ben And City is apparently known as the birthplace of voodoo. Authorities believed that have you seen a Skeleton Key. No, do you know what I'm talking about with Kay Hudson. Yes, I've heard of it, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: It's one of my faves. Oh, I should give it a walk. What are your thoughts on it? Casey?
Speaker 3: Do you think about it when you hear a voodoo?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that movie in a really long time, but it's I remember it being kind of silly, but I do think about it sometimes with I guess we have different views on that movie. I was not silly.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: Edge of my seat, terrified. Only think of Skeleton Key, the word of voodoo. Okay, oh yeah, and I opened and oh that's in the city. Okay, this is really like okay, interesting, it's pretty ripped.
Speaker 3: I will say.
Speaker 1: Authorities believed that Adam had originally been trafficked to the UK for a mooti or mut m uti.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm saying it wrong.
Speaker 1: A mouti ritual sacrifice which is performed by a witch doctor who uses the child's body parts to make medicinal potions called muti. According to the National Institute of Health, quote, ritual or muti murders are a form of human sacrifice practiced by some African tribes. The murder is carried out after body parts are removed while the victim is still alive end quote. So the post mortem on the Torso revealed that Adam had been poisoned and his throat had been slit to drain the blood, and his head and limbs had been expertly removed. So it's literally this episode more forensics like his stomach contents indicated that Adam had only been in the UK for a few days or weeks before his death, much like the isotopes.
Speaker 3: That Melinda was running.
Speaker 1: Police in the UK, we're not able to find a match for Adam in missing children's databases in the UK or around Europe. They asked for the public's help, but people had their eyes on nine to eleven, Like it just wasn't getting a lot of interest. It wasn't getting people were not like calling in a lot of tips, It wasn't leading anywhere. Eventually, interest in the case in the UK did increase, like rewards were offered, but it didn't get that much publicity in Nigeria, which is where they needed it to get publicity because then hopefully somebody could have identified him.
Speaker 3: So when they had nothing.
Speaker 1: By two thousand and two, officials from London went to South Africa and they actually met with Nelson Mandela, who made a public appeal for information about Adam. This was shown all over Africa, translated into many different languages, including Yoruba, which is the local language in that area of Nigeria where they thought Adam was from. They consulted detectives and Muti experts in South Africa and some thought that the orange shorts suggested that Adam was related to his killers because in Muti red is a color of resurrection, so at least they thought maybe one of at least one of the killers was maybe trying to make his soul rise.
Speaker 3: Again, red is not orange, but maybe it's close enough. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They also went to Nigeria and launched a campaign to track down Adam's parents, going to elementary schools, checking miss some person reports for children in the area, but nothing. In two thousand and two, social workers went to investigate a woman named Joyce Ocia Guede and she was a mother of two, because they were worried about the safety of the children. And then this woman, Joyce starts talking about ritual killings and all this, and a couple of the investigators are like, oh, bells are ringing, let's call Let's like, this reminds us of this Adam case. So they call in Detective Nick Chalmers, who had been working on the Adam case, and he searched Joyce's home and found clothes with the same kids and Company label as in the same sizes as adams shorts, So kind of circumstantial but interesting. They arrested Joyce, but they were unable to charge her because she kept changing her story. They thought she had mental health issues and they had like no evidence against her. So ten years go by, in March of twenty eleven, Joyce is back in the mix, telling authorities that Adam could be a six year old boy named Ike palmwasa and she showed them a photo of this boy and she claimed that she used to take care of this child back in Germany and after his parents were deported back to Nigeria, she took care of this kid, and that she told the press, she handed this kid off to a man named Bahwa who took the child to London. Kind of sounds like Bosa, I mean, like it's like they're really taking a lot from this episode. In February twenty thirteen, she also contacted the BBC to say she wanted to spill everything she knew about the case. She said, oh, actually Adam's real name is Patrick Erhabor and not ike pamwasa and admitted that she had confused the photo that she showed them that this boy was still alive, and she got confused.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 1: The man who took him to London, who she called Bawa, was also named Kingsley Ojo, a bogus asylum seeker who first came to London in nineteen ninety seven. Ojo, who used many different ideas, was arrested in London in two thousand and two by officers investigating the Adam case, and in his home they'd found a plastic bag, a mixture of bone, sand, and flecks of gold, very similar to what they'd found in Adam's stomach. They also found a video marked Rituals, which showed a movie, but in the movie an actor.
Speaker 3: Gets its head cut off. His head cut.
Speaker 1: Off, and Ojo said that the movie and the mixture belong to other people in the house and detectives could never like definitively link him to Adam's case, but in two thousand and four he did get four and a half years for smuggling people. So he was much like the character in the episode, not directly responsible for the murder or anything, but was a child trafficker. He contacted officers during his sentence much like this guy was trying to like give out info to like save his own skin. He contacted officers during his jail time and sentencing to offer help with the Adam case, but they deported him to Nigeria. They didn't believe he really knew anything. But then another article I read said that he did help them for a couple of years, but I think that they did he eventually didn't have anything, Like he gave them information about a woman that was ended up being a dead end, and he didn't really have anything. I think he was trying to save his own skin and not get deported. But Nick Chalmers, who was this at this point, retired. He said he'd always had an eye on Ojo and knew that, but also knew that Joyce had mental health problems and was on medication. So even this article that I found says the headline is Torso case boy quote unquote identified like, so the word identified is in quotes because it's like they're kind of putting out an article releasing what this woman Joyce is saying, but it's not definitive. And he has never to this day been successfully identified, and no one has been charged with his murder. But yeah, Ojo was arrested in with twenty others in a series of immigration linked raids across London in July twenty thirteen as well. So he's done multiple stints in jail time and is not stopping his people smuggling. And he's also from ben In City and yeah, that's that's right. It's very sad. They still don't know who this kid is. Another case. Originally this was only ever listed as being about the Adam case, but since it's been linked to another case and it seems pretty similar but in different ways.
Speaker 3: The Ifioma and Prosper udag Wu case.
Speaker 1: So Ifioma is a New York City child welfare worker and Prosper is her husband, and they are arrested in nineteen ninety nine on charges that they forced a Nigerian girl to be their servant for nine years, beating her to the point that she was scarred. Prosper Amica udag Wu and Ifioma Ezianu udag Wu, who lived in Elmsford, New York, were charged in a ten count complaint in New York Federal Court. They were accused of conspiracy, smuggling illegal immigrants, involuntary servitude, witness tampering, and making balse statements. Prosecutors said that if Yoma is employed by New York's CPS, where her duties include investigating child abuse case and that she'd been employed there since nineteen eighty eight, but she was suspended without pay when she got arrested. So yeah, her job involves investigating child abuse, like placing kids in foster homes, so it's really wild that she's like mistreating a child in her own home. Jerry Tritz, who is prosperous attorney, said his client believed that the girl was his daughter from a previous relationship. They are claiming that her family, the young girl's family tricked him being like, oh, this is your daughter from another relationship, like you need to take her in, And he denied that she was held prisoner and that said she graduated from public high school and was living with them and is now going to college and job's faery and they're giving her financial help. But in nineteen eighty nine, the girl was thirteen, the couple promised her a better life in the USA, but then once she was in New York, the couple, who had four kids, made her work without pay as a maid and a babysitter in their home in the Bronx. She was told she would be responsible for all household chores, including cooking, cleaning, yard work, laundry, caring for and feeding the children, and that she would not be paid. She couldn't speak to anyone, she was not allowed to use the phone. They took away her idea in documents. They threatened to harm her family, and they beat her very severely, and she had a lot of marks from being beaten. When she was eventually went to authorities. When she disobeyed rules or made mistakes, she was beaten by hand or with belts, slippers, brooms made of sticks like There's.
Speaker 3: A lot of horrible details.
Speaker 1: The Adaguos were charged with immigration fraud and involuntary servitude. He could face up to thirty five years. She could face up to twenty five. I don't know why there's a difference in their sentencings. At the arraignment. The defense their lawyers tried to attack this girl's credibility, saying she was treated well and that like, yeah, this guy was tricked into believing that this was her daughter. The family was like, we let the girl attend Evander Child's High School in the Bronx and Mercy College, and we even took her with us to Disneyland. It's like, yeah, you could like have a slave. I guess you would take your slave to Disneyland once a year. That doesn't like kind of absorb everything that's happened. But there was an assistant US attorney, Jennifer Moore, who was like, yeah, the girl only was allowed to go to school. Once neighbors started being like, what's up. You have four kids that are living a normal life, what's up with this girl? But the dogs are both naturalized Americans and were accused of making fraudulent statements to obtain citizenship, So there's a separate crime with this family. They had brought a ten year old girl to their home from Nigeria during the eighties, and that girl said that she was sexually assaulted by the mother's brother, Gregory Izianu, so she was sent back to Nigeria after she set the basement of their house on fire. A second girl, twelve, arrived in Nigeria and moved in with mister Izianu.
Speaker 3: This is the uncle in the early nineties.
Speaker 1: He sexually assaulted her and she became pregnant, and exact dates for the assault and fire were not available, but the brother was convicted of the sexual assault in nineteen ninety two. The girl was later returned to Africa and he served a one year sentence on Riker's Island before dying.
Speaker 2: In nineteen When I go to Africa, did she want to say?
Speaker 3: In the States? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe by the time, but maybe by the time she was like impregnated and sexually assaulted, she was like, I'd rather go back to my homeland and I don't really want to make a life here, or like she'd wanted to if she was who, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There was not a lot of information.
Speaker 1: I was like, if she like, if she kept the child, maybe she needed help raising it, like I don't know. And as part of the bronx DA's investigation into that rape case, they spoke with the Adoguos and the girl in question. In nineteen ninety two, and both times the girl, then sixteen, was ordered to say that she loved living with the family and taking care of the kids, and she said what they wanted her to say. So in nineteen ninety four, mister Adogwu presented this girl as his daughter to immigration and naturalization officials and got a false screen card for her, and in ninety six he ordered her to begin working in Wendy's and Burger King restaurants, taking all her paychecks and putting the proceeds into his own bank accounts.
Speaker 3: Fucked.
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety eight, the girl, now she speaks English, approaches a stranger with her story and the person, who's not identified by officials, helps her apply for a separate passport and she was able to put away nine hundred dollars in savings like smuggle money away from these people, but the applications and money were discovered by the mother, miss A dog Wou, and the couple used records of local phone calls from their home to discover the workplace of the person who had helped her, and the girl was forced to identify this person who had helped her, and then the mother then assaulted and screamed quote unquote at this person, according to The New York Times, until a huge fight they had in August of nineteen ninety eight where neighbors called the police. Neighbors did not report any suspicions to the police or child welfare officials about this case. And there was a guy named Chris Traverzo twenty four who told The New York Times that he vividly remembers the fight, and he goes, quote, I was sitting on my porch just back from work when I heard screaming next door.
Speaker 3: It was horrible. I told my parents about it, and they said, mind your own business end quote. So sadly, we see this all the time, where like people are being abused, and like neighbors are like, even though they are like something's up, they don't call anyone. So I don't actually know what ended up happening with those people. I don't know where they're whether they served jail time or not. There was no more information, but hopefully they did.
Speaker 2: Well we live in a nightmare, yes, and anyone that believes in God's an idiot.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move it along, No guest, just I guess sadness.
Speaker 1: This episode is this is a haunting one like just Michael Emerson's so creepy that like just's he barely seems sorry when he gets caught, like he's just kind of like no, and.
Speaker 2: He's never nervous, like that's you know, versus voice. He's very much like what But I wonder inside is you're heart beating when you're a socio or you still don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's how they like beat Lie detectors because they could just stay so chill and calm and not like an unaffected But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ritual is one of the saddest and like to me, I just it breaks my soul.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's sad. These are people's lives. These are kids.
Speaker 2: Kids are chained up, they're in trucks, they're being used, they're like doing labor.
Speaker 3: It sucks. This is like so sad to be a little boy.
Speaker 2: Like oh and you know, you guys, I know it's tough in other countries sometimes, but like no one's taking you to America for free.
Speaker 3: We gotta we gotta get that. Like I do not trust anybody, trust no one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they the story of Adam is so sad too. I mean, like again, another story that kind of got brushed aside a little bit because of the magnitude of nine to eleven and its presence in the press, but like I wish, I mean, it did sound like in the end the detectives pushed really hard and got Nelson Mandela to talk about it, and they tried to identify this kid. It's just so sad that like a family never got closure and this like poor child was never like I mean, I guess they tried to like lay him to rest in a respectful way, but he was.
Speaker 3: Like never identified. It's so terrible. But yeah, I don't know post mortem lessons, Uh, don't go out.
Speaker 1: If you go out of town for two months and you call your husband after a month and Sam coming home and he gets pissed at you, something is fucking up for sure, and hopefully it's just an affair.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, because was he not going to kill the kid if she didn't come home early?
Speaker 3: Or is he always killing the kids?
Speaker 2: Or is this because its not the first time we've done this, Like it's kids, go, does he sell them?
Speaker 1: Like I just I don't want to, Yeah, I mean you would, I don't know, like maybe he has Yeah, that's a great question. Like, but he was in a hurry, like maybe he's killed other kids where he's gotten rid of them in a way where like they won't be found, you know, But this time he was like it had to be quick, so I may, like I mean to have the wherewithal to like chop up the body, plant part of it here, like and make it look like Santa Ria. Like it was like he actually had a pretty thought through plan considering his wife was coming home from I don't know what a six hour flight or something, but yeah.
Speaker 2: And gave the pouch. Yeah, and it shows everyone's a suspect.
Speaker 1: And it's like a disgusting look at like these rich people because like if anybody could afford to pay like above minimum wage, like good hours benefits two people. It's like the women like this woman who lives on Park Avenue or whatever and it is part of like a flower club, but instead she's like hiring some thirteen year old child that she bought to like work for no money as a slave.
Speaker 2: Like it's so wild, it's wild. Yeah, the rich are so cheap, and she thought she did nothing wrong. She was like annoyed to have to cooperate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because she doesn't see that little girl as a person or you know, any of those children as people. But yeah, that scene at the end with all the kids like chained into the thing is really like burned in my brain forever.
Speaker 3: And I know I've like been.
Speaker 1: Vocal on this podcast about like, well, child trafficking is not like the numbers are inflated, Like I would say that from what I've learned and read about, Like the numbers are not as inflated. It's just like a lot of times they're being forced into servitude. It's not necessarily you know, sex slave and abasement, boogeyman type of stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, all the time.
Speaker 2: And I think what your point is and what people are trying to say is like it's families selling their kid. It's an uncle, it's an aunt. It's not stranger danger.
Speaker 1: It's not vans picking up your kid on their don't have to like tie your.
Speaker 2: Baby's ankle to the target, you know, shopping bart But if that makes you feel better, that's fine, But it's not like you care more about your kid.
Speaker 3: Just listen. It's some.
Speaker 2: It's like wellness, mother, like something happens. It's like quan on adjacent to me, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the episode of You're Wrong About That I always talk about starts with that like Wayfair thing, which was very cute adjacent and like that's where they get into all the child trafficking talk.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I gave that one. Yeah, I believe in the Wayfair one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember. Yeah, I remember talking to you and Julie about it and being like okay, and then I just like I didn't know until I listened to that You're Wrong about like how it really like went down. But uh now I own stuff from Wayfair, so yeah, I think it was. Yeah, it's okay. I don't think Wayfair is trafficking anybody, so you're good. I think everyone's trafficking. I think the whole government simpol I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see who what this p didty shit shows and if he will be murdered like an Epstein because he's got names. But I know there's like the woman I follow. I'm sure you know, she goes viral a lot. She's a really she's just like really articulate, like she just is so smooth in her communication, and she has a feminist podcast. And then like a dude speaks for the male perspective and she's really just like good at Gotcha's, but in a sweet, not aggressive way. But she was talking about the p did anything to this man? And we talk about this all the time, but it was like all these dudes were around him, all these friends, like all of you saw all of you saw that and none of you no man, like twenty plus thirty years and maybe they thought he was gonna kill them, but it's just like for money, for what you all had his back. You all knew he was abusing women. I think he killed kim Porter. Like you all sat there, you didn't know he beat Cassie? Fuck all of you?
Speaker 3: Do you know? Was there ever?
Speaker 1: Like you know how like for years there was gossip about Ellen being a bitch, and like for years there was like Louis c k whispers before that came out, and like so were there whispers about Diddy? Like I'm trying to remember if I've like heard about that minus like oh did he throws the white party?
Speaker 3: And did he has big parties?
Speaker 1: Like were there like people talking, well, I wore the Cassie stuff, and I think it was I think when I started finding out was Kim Porter his wife.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, he killed her, Like that's when.
Speaker 2: I started becoming like, oh he's something's up. And then it was Dannity Kane's stuff. I feel like that's when I became in the know. But I do think black culture is not as mainstream, like I think the black community knew. I think people that are no hip hop knew, but like I don't think it mixes as much, like I don't think we know a lot. So now I'm getting all these like black conspiracy theories in my feed, and I am you know, because they also think if you don't, there's have you heard this Beyonce one?
Speaker 3: Like jay Z. I've heard that jay Z is next or something.
Speaker 2: Well, so I guess if you win an award where Beyonce was nominated, you have to think Beyonce and the people that haven't have all been murdered or all been killed left eye Aliyah Michael Jackson Like, if you don't like think Beyonce, there's just like I don't.
Speaker 3: Believe, oh my god.
Speaker 2: But and then they're like, that's why Kanye interrupted Taylor. It was like to save her life because she But I was like, I don't buy that. I'm sorry, no, no, no God, but this like feminist girl is just making a good point where it's like you all don't think you're the bad guy. And it's back to that French woman where the whole neighborhood was like raping her while she was drugged by her husband, where it's like, oh, you guys keep saying all these good guys, but like you sat around because even I just saw an interview where like a musician or producer, like someone I don't know, showed up to the studio and went out to smoke weed or whatever, but pet did. He was into his girl whatever, and then when he came back from outside, she's like, why would you leave me in there with him? He's such a creep, And that's when he figured out, like they've known for decades. It's crazy, you know, like and I think they've been a.
Speaker 3: Part of it.
Speaker 2: I think they've been to the parties and I think ash shit, and I mean and all the clips resurfacing about like poor Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: I know, the.
Speaker 1: Bieber clip made me really uncomfortable. There's like a few like it, truly, like it's really sad, like Justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: You see the fear, You see the fear in him, Paddy like yeah, but now there's Salma Hayak. But they also a lot of this stuff is coming out from people that like think Hollywood is like the most depraved of it all, and it's like, honey, I don't know, like the Catholic Church, the government, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: I mean it's everything. Bad things are happening in our backyards at all times.
Speaker 3: I mean Hollywood is not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they love like it's all these Hollywood liberals like because now they're saying like Salma Hayek's married to this billionaire whose family owns like h like what.
Speaker 3: Is it mesh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's part of Balenciaga, and Balenciaga does child right Because then they were.
Speaker 3: On a like Graham Norton's cout what's his name?
Speaker 2: Not Graham gram Norton, It is the one that the British cutie like kay cuty okay, yeah yeah, and so and then it was like someone talking about Diddy and like Samahayak's eyes opened, like you know, but we're reading into all these things. But I think people knew about Diddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can dots like you can connect a lot of different dots if you want.
Speaker 3: I also, maybe this was just a few years ago.
Speaker 2: But I was under the impression or I believe that he killed Biggie to get ownership of the music.
Speaker 3: WHOA wow, because.
Speaker 2: There's a meme where you know, Biggie has like one loose eye and they're like he knew he had to keep one eye on Ditty at all times. Oh, there's also like I don't know if it's changed. There's also another interview left it so Hard. There's also another interview where like P Diddy. Oh, it's with Mike Tyson and P Diddy tries to like touch him, and Mike Tyson like moves over, moves his hand and like stares him down.
Speaker 1: There's all this stuff's coming out. Everyone knew, yeah, And I mean, like whatever, there's power. People don't think they can do anything. People think if they speak up, they're gonna get killed. Like I know, there's a lot of different things involved, but it's fucked up that they that that it was allowed to happen, because it's like people like Ashton Kutcher, it's like you have power, you know.
Speaker 2: Well for him, it would be the most sinister if it came out, because it's like with the organization and like I save people for you know, it wouldn't be the first time. Yeah, Hank Hank Abraham's view, Yeah yeah episode Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also like but also the way he was like kind of weirdly standing by Danny Masterson and then was like, oh, just kidding what you know, Like I don't know, I don't know. It's wild. But let's get into what would sister Peg do? Because we could talk conspiracy theories all day. This is our weekly segment where we point you guys towards an organization, an article, a book, something to give you more info about what we talked about. And I was just think about all of those children in the truck that they found and how they're going to integrate into society. So I wanted to point you to the No Me Network. Their mission is to end human trafficking by creating safe pathways to employment and to empower women and girls to break cycles of exploitation in their families and communities. Their process for creating employment opportunities for trafficked women includes addressing barriers to work, like life and technical skills training, and facilitating job placement and retention. So for more information, head over to no menetwork dot org and that will be shared in a story the day that this episode comes out, and then that story gets saved forever on our Instagram stories highlights the one called WWSPD. We've got all of the organizations we've ever recommended in books and resources all saved there. If you guys want to check it out, follow That's Messed Up Pod for all information about our podcast if you're not.
Speaker 2: And next week we'll be doing an episode called Goliath from season six, episode twenty three, please watch, please see us live. Watch yea, watch that episode, listen to our pod again, comes us live, come see us live, review and yeah.
Speaker 1: And we'll see you guys next week or on the road or both.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and.
Speaker 1: To our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: And to Henry Kaperski for our theme song, and Carly Geen Andrews for our artwork.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 3: Dun dunh