Speaker 1: Welcome to Bucks Insider Live.
Speaker 2: Casey Phillips here with senior writer and editor Scott Smith, and we are doing a very special Creamsicle version of our show. Got the memo we did, which I love. We didn't even have to send a memo. We just showed up and we were like the Spider Man met look at you, look at this. I mean, obviously we had to do this today because unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the Creamsickle jerseys were announced yesterday.
Speaker 1: We've known they were coming for a long time, but we.
Speaker 2: Just hadn't seen them. Look at this majestic video. First of all, shout out to our whole production team. This was a really long process to get this all made and done, and it took a lot of effort by a lot of people. Turned out so well, it's great and so many. I mean, you see it all all Scott Ronde, Derek, you got all the former players, you got your current stars and people helping all put this together, showing that this is something that is really the entire Bucks history and family all together to promote these jerseys.
Speaker 3: And if these current players look like they're excited about this, it's not theater. Yeah, we know from these guys from the shoots and just seeing him behind the scenes, they are excited about this. They are really thrill They've been waiting for it for a long time. Lavata David actually got to wear it once, but none of these other guys have worn it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really were excited.
Speaker 2: I remember on the Assets shoot day in particular, the reaction I remember is Carlton Davis, and I know we have it on video, so I don't know if now that the jerseys are out, we might be putting that out.
Speaker 1: We'll see. But he basically acted like he was fainting. He was so excited about it. I love all those reactions.
Speaker 2: And you know what, though, it is not just the current players that are having some reactions. We also saw there were some celebrities in this video. One is Bert Kreischer. This guy, if you don't know who he is, he is a comedian. He is very, very funny, and he is a diehard Bucks fan. The Bucks sent him a custom jersey for him, and he obviously was so excited. And this guy also very expressive man, so it's very exciting to get to have him reacting. You can see in the reveal video. He's I mean he's famous for performing without his shirt on sari. Yes, this is part of it. And so then also of course he got to meet mikeel.
Speaker 4: Stott and was in pretty good shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a tiny bit. Michael Stott looks like he could still just right up the middle. Geez I, guy's been working out a tiny bit. Bert was basically saying, and that we have a video of it that he's like, you know what, our stomachs basically are the same. They look basically, he said, I Alstot just shaves his He says that's.
Speaker 1: Yes. So we loved that.
Speaker 2: And then also right before the release, Luke Colmbs was performing in Tampa and we saw that he was also excited about the creamsicles that he rocked the hat while he was up there performing in Raymond James Stadium, which was very cool. And then he also was met by a very special guest of the Buccaneers. We had Tristan Wurf's up there with him and of course shotgutting a beard to death. Together loved this. That was you could just look Tristan's living his best life.
Speaker 4: I had some pre pre training camp training for Tristan Wrss right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've seen he can do whatever he wants. He can shot the gun the or he can jump out of a pool.
Speaker 1: He's always ready. He's always ready for football, which was so great.
Speaker 2: And then another current player that was very excited about it, Rashad White. I love this guy. He's excited about everything. He's at everything, and he.
Speaker 1: Was tweeting even like counting down the minutes to the release. He could not wait for it. Was so pumped when he was trying it on.
Speaker 2: And so we had to give him a shout out because he had been so excited in his number one creamskill, his new number, his new number, there's a good line and.
Speaker 4: His new spot in the Buccaneers backfield that is very true.
Speaker 2: And then it's a good segue into NFL network. Good Morning Football did a breakout Star second year player segment and they talked about Rashad, which I think we would all here agree with.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The good thing about this prediction is that for one thing, he's going to have the opportunity. He played at about forty nine percent of the offensive snaps last year. It'll probably get more like seventy five percent. This year, especially if he shows like he did in college that he can be a special producer in the passing game, getting the ball out in space and making guys miss.
Speaker 4: So I think that's a good pick on their partner.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree with that. And now it is time for our weekly trivia segment.
Speaker 4: Which also pays homage to our topic of the day.
Speaker 1: I would expect nothing less.
Speaker 3: The trivia question for today is only two players in Buccaneers franchise history have played in at least fifty regular season games in both the orange and white uniforms and the current red and pewter uniforms.
Speaker 4: Can you name those two guys?
Speaker 1: Ooh interesting?
Speaker 4: Have you thought about this one at all?
Speaker 2: I thought about it a little bit, but again, as you know, I'm not really great at the older books trivia. I like it to be in the previous eight seasons that I've been a part of.
Speaker 1: But we'll see if anybody.
Speaker 4: Else out there hast some names.
Speaker 2: Yep, so name even if you don't know both. If you know anything, just throw out some suggestions. If you have your answer underneath our Facebook live video, that's where we're going to pull from.
Speaker 1: So again, if you have some ideas or suggestions.
Speaker 2: Throw it underneath our Facebook Live video and we will try to show some of those later in the show. So now we know again the Cream School the big news of the day, but we are also so close to training camp. The dates have been announced. So if you haven't seen all that, head of buck dot com, where you can see the general open day for fans, you can see the women of read day, of the Military Day, there's a night practice, a lot of really cool things which is going to be great. So we thought we'd also look at a little bit of some of these battles that people are going to be excited to watch in training camp when they come out to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just about two weeks away from training camp. I think two weeks from now they'll be practicing. It's the first open practice is until the thirtieth, But when they get there, there's gonna be some battles that are going to pick up in earnest.
Speaker 4: Now, this is all not binary.
Speaker 3: Not all these things really are as black and white in this It's not necessarily one versus two. There could be other people in the mix, but obviously the big one is Baker Mayfield and Kyle trast battling to be the starting quarterback. Another one everybody's going to be looking at is with Rashad White moving into the number one role. You generally in the NFL don't use one guy as a bell ky back anymore, So there's surely going to be a second guy that's going to have the next biggest role. Is going to be keisha On Vaughn in his fourth year, the last year of his contract. Or Chase Edmonds, the veteran who's had some good seasons and can catch passes really well.
Speaker 4: So that's one wide.
Speaker 3: Receiver for If you consider Russell Gage the three, presuming he's healthy heading into camp. Is it Trey Palmer as a guy that can stretch defenses. Is it Devin Tompkins, who kind of is a versaal guy and also might help you on kick returns, which Trey Palmer might too. Might Beyond that, it's a lot of really young guys cornerback three. This is the one that's a little bit hazy because Zion.
Speaker 1: Mccallums, I see what you did there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't even do it on po get that you're just already in the joke mode.
Speaker 4: I will admit that but I got Yeah, I guess I generated them with not even trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: You know, Josh Hey, Zion McCollum may or may not be in the mix for that nickel role. But third cornerback could also mean who's your third guy in if one of your two outside guys isn't playing. You know, d Delaney might be in the role for running for the slot job too. But who's the guy that would you would consider third on your depth charge? Is it the rookie who's kind of versatile might play in the slot. Is it Zion McCollum who has a little bit of experience and it's a bigger guy that could play on the outside.
Speaker 4: And then that fourth guy in.
Speaker 3: The rotation if you consider it to be Joe try and sh Shayanka Shaq Barrett and Anthony Nelson.
Speaker 4: Is the first three?
Speaker 3: You got two draft choices, the third round pick yah Yadiyabi or the sixth round pick Jose Ramirez. Both of them have a lot of traits. Both of them you need to get a little bit more polished. Which one will show up the most training camp to be that guy who's fourth in their rotation?
Speaker 2: And one position that we know is not a battle is your top wide receiver response, and Mike Evans is a guy that we know. It's not like we're wondering what he's necessarily going to be, but we are still watching for some things in terms of some numbers that he could hit, which everyone is used to. Every year, there's always been some milestone that Mike Evans has been going.
Speaker 4: And he's already passed most and he's.
Speaker 2: Already passed most of them, but that does not mean we're without any this year.
Speaker 1: So what if something Fans can stay on the look out there.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you found a good segue for that, because I'm like, this one doesn't really fail.
Speaker 4: With the rest, but I swear I just did my job.
Speaker 3: I just ran across this note in the NFL's New Record in fact book. I didn't know this one before a couple of days ago, so I like, I gotta throw this one out there, because everybody knows that Mike Evans has already set an NFL record by getting at least a thousand receiving yards in the first nine seasons of his career, and if he gets another one, he'll be a ten, which is one short of Jerry Rice's overall record, but I did not realize that he actually already has a record for the most consecutive seasons to start a career with at least sixty catches. And if you think of all the great receivers that have been out there, Jerry Rice, all the others, everybody, none of them other than Mike have gotten nine straight season to start their career with at least sixty catches, which was shocking to me.
Speaker 4: Well, and here's the.
Speaker 2: Other guys in the list, when Mike is not the guy that necessarily is just your little slot guy that's getting a lot of quick little hits that he's you know, a lot of times running deeper routes or more challenging routes or things that are not as high of a percentage as some other guys that maybe are getting some slightly easier catches, maybe not as.
Speaker 4: Many yards like a Jarvis Slandry type.
Speaker 2: Right, And so that I think makes it even more impressive that to me, probably going for harder catches, he is still one of the only people to have that many.
Speaker 3: Well, part of that is is he really quietly and I don't think people give him enough credit for this. Has a lot of versatility to do it game. He could really do just about anything. I know that he doesn't play a ton in the slot, but he could do it. And he can win at all three levels of the field. And you know, I've been talking to some people that think this could be not a breakout year for him obviously, or even rebound year, because he has nothing to rebound for him from. But if you look at his stats in the Tom Brady era, when the Buccaneers had a million weapons and Tom Brady was getting rid of the ball really quickly, Mike Evans was still usually your first or second leading receiver, but his numbers were a little bit down from the previous years. With this new offense, and these new quarterbacks will probably have some more longer developing plays, which should lead to more opportunities for Mike Evanson kitdomfield.
Speaker 2: That would be really exciting for sure. And all right, so now it's time for our trivia answer.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell us.
Speaker 3: What we have for Well, if you had to think about this, you had to think of a guy who maybe started in the mid I mean the early nineties and then crossed over. But actually the number one answer is David Moore because he came back after a couple of years in Buffalo and played until about two thousand and seven. So David Moore is one of them with sixty six games played in the original uniforms and one hundred and twenty four in the Pewter. And then John Lynch was drafted in ninety three, so we had four years I think with the original uniforms and then played for quite a long time after that. He had fifty six in the original and one hundred and eight. And I was surprised when I looked this up that those were the only two, because my immediate thought was Tony Mayberry and Paul Gruber, who basically their career straddled the entire nineteen nineties. But the Pewter, the PUERI uniforms began in ninety seven and went to ninety nine, and that's only three seasons, which back then was a maximum of forty eight games. Yeah, so they both had forty eight games played. They didn't make fifth. Oh that's so regular.
Speaker 1: Season only, yes, regular season, because.
Speaker 4: They did get a couple play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. I like that tribute question, but that was good. All right, Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: So much for joining us on our creamsicle edition of Bucks Insader Live. We'll be back here next week again, getting you ready for everything you need to know in training camp.