Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Tuesday live stream. It is me Joey p joe Pisapia with me as always my co host who has a structured settlement bud he needs cash. Now it's de Bro Derek Brown, the King of Bros. And here we are taking your questions on our YouTube channel. Don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel. More to come, But we got a lot of news that is breaking right now. In fact, some of it a little prophetic. If you watched yesterday's program on the Waiver Wires show, a few things have come true that were predictions here. First, let's start with the Deontay Johnson trade the Baltimore Ravens. We were trying to find who's left in terms of trade market, like we said it, you know, the Adam's already gone, Cooper's already gone, DeAndre Hopkins already gone. Now Deontay Johnson's gone to the Ravens. So let's talk about the fallout from that d because this is I think a really good move for the Ravens, a good move for the Carolina Panthers. I bet the under on their three and a half win total just this morning, because if you look at the rest of the schedule, it is ugly. Let's talk about this because there's definitely winners and losers, and we have to understand too, it's gonna take a little bit of time probably for him to get acclimated to this offense, so it might not be an immediate thing, right, So it's gonna take a couple of weeks. So, Derek, what does the Deontay Johnson trade mean to this Ravens offense? And more importantly, what does it mean to Zay Flowers and Rashad Bateman.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Rashad Bateman stays in the role that he's been in the entire time. I think the biggest change that I think is coming from Baltimore is more eleven personnel, so less twelve personnel. So I think the one of the fallouts here that I think a lot of people are immediately gonna go to Deontay. What happens to him probably a volatile wide receiver three, much like Amari Cooper. Until he's fully ingrained in this offense, Zay Flowers probably goes from being a wide receiver two to a wide receiver three, maybe a low end two on a weekly basis until Deonta is in grain and then he falls back into wide receiver three territory. But the big guy that I want to talk about here, Joey is is really Mark Andrews. If you're gonna run a lot more eleven personnel, the Raven's got to say, okay, unless they split the snaps for the tight ends straight down the middle, you're picking and choosing. Okay, well, you're playing one tight end these eleven personnel, three wide sets. Who's that gonna be? And I think it's gonna be clearly Mark Andrews because Isaiah likely has done pretty much next to nothing since week one, so I think low ki Andrews and maybe his snapshare and route share rising is one of the key ways that I think people should go out maybe try to trade for Mark Andrews, especially if people look at this as more of a ding against Andrews. But any of the thoughts on the Ravens for I know, we want to kick this over to the Carolina cydril fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look from the all the Carolina side matters, To be honest with you, it does. It does. Yeah, because with the prolific Brice Young playing quarterback or maybe Andy Dalton for another couple of weeks. But look, here's what it means to me, Zay Flowers. I think it's a little bit of a hit here for sure. I think Rashan Bateman becomes a ghost like I think that's it. I think that drop was in corrigible in that moment, in that big individual game, and the Ravens are just not having it. The Ravens recognize that they are a team right now that is fighting for first place with a Pittsburgh Steeler team that is very confident and playing good football and exceeding a lot of expectations. And this is going to be the best chance the Ravens have to win a Super Bowl that they've had in the last five years. This is the team with Derreck Henry. You put your chips all in there. I would like to see them maybe pick up some help on the defensive side too. We'll see if they continue to make some move but especially in the secondary, maybe they can pick up somebody there. But overall, again you give it a couple of weeks. I think it's a lateral move for his fantasy value, just a tad because of the style of offense. And the game scripts they might be in. So I don't think it's like this huge win. If you can get somebody to overpay on Deontey Johnson, you do it. That's cool. Let's go other than that. I think we just kind of, you know, tread water with that. All right. On the flip side, what do you think of the situation with now looking over at the Carolina Panthers opening up some more target share, however uninspiring that might be.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's definitely we're gonna see big bumps in target volume for Jalen Cocher and Xavier Leget And depending on your league size and stuff, both of these guys could be out on the waiver wire and they need to be picked up. I mean, is Bryce Young tossing passes to you on a weekly basis inspiring? No, But if it's Andy Dalton, this offense bounces back to a certain extent with Andy Dalton under center, then yes, it's more inspiring. And I think, like, especially in deeper league formats, Coker is a guy that should be rostered. He's popping off, he's having good games and stuff, and I think he's gonna continue to send in this offense and leget I mean, come on, Joey, what do we think Like he probably sees a floor of what seven targets on a weekly basis, maybe gets into the double digits moving forward. It definitely plays that. Yeah, I mean, look a little bit, but I'm not saying exactly, but volumes volume, dude, volume is volume.
Speaker 1: But in this offense, I mean it's just bad. Like I mean, if you've got Carolina Panthers left, I mean, you're you're gonna have a bad time. Also having a bad time Stefan dis Biggs managers because he's gonna be out for the season. So here we go. I passed on every I don't have any big shares personally because I didn't like the ADP. It was way too close to Nico Collins for me, and I was an Ico guy. But here we are. So Nico's not gonna be ready this week. We'll see about next week. In the meantime, it's tanked ol and I kind of brought up John Metchi yesterday and I know Pat kind of, you know, laughed it off. But they've got a Thursday night football game and Mechi played in Alabama. Mechi is a good possession wide receiver and a guy that I think can help you in the short term if you really need, you know, a little PPR assistance. What are you looking for here in this Again, it's a short term fix for this Texans wide receiver group for maybe a week, maybe two, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: And there's rumblings out there that Houston wants to make a move for a wide receiver. And it's kind of like when you go first pass, because I'm I've got the teams and as you were talking right now, I'm rolling through the teams and I'm like, who the heck can they trade for? Like, who's even out there that like the only name that I can come up with that maybe is a trade target for Houston. Maybe Jacoby Myers, Like who outside of him? Who would Houston beginning that's gonna help them in the short term. So like, yeah, Metchi could play some snaps. I think who you're probably gonna see step up and play more snaps than I already wrote up this game for the primer for the week as probably Xavier Hutchinson had a sixty one percent route chare, but he's not earning targets. I think the bigger thing is what we're looking at for the stretch run. And there is rumblings out there that Nico Collins could be back. I mean Nico Collins rest of the season, assuming he's healthy. Like, what is he like top three wide receivers this week? I mean, but when he comes back Joey, So that's okay, would say this week though.
Speaker 1: He's already a wide receiver. It's top ten wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Anyway, No, but like which is what I was five, top three possibly rest of season tree, but but definitely top top man. He's gonna get a thirty percent a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: On I know, a wide receiver on a two and sixteen that maybe you know could be available. Why don't you call it the Jets? If DeVante Adams isn't busy, if he wants to go to the Houston, one more thing to get to and then we're gonna get to your questions here on the live stream, because we know we're here to get your questions answered. We'll talk about that in a second. But another big piece of news, Anthony Richardson is not the starter at least this week. It's gonna be Joe Flacco. And I'm not surprised This is the business of football. So I know everyone hates it and all the dynasty nerves out there crying into their you know, sleeper app right now, But I don't care, Like this is what you do to try to stay relevant and win some football games, because I think you're looking at the AFC and looking at the landscape. So the teams you thought were going to be in that mix, you know, they might not be, you know, And and Houston continues to have these injuries right before them. So, yeah, did you make the investment in Richardson? Is he still your long term plan? I think so. But for the next three or four weeks, for the next month of football, you gott to see if you can get some wins. And I gotta say, from a fantasy perspective, at least in a redraft, I'm excited about this. I'm excited for all my Michael Pittman cheers to have life again and this offense overall to start moving the football because Joe Flacco won games and I hate to break it to you, Richardson looks terrible and also unfortunately, Richardson looks defeated, and that is something you cannot have. That combination is bad. So I know we disagree on this, which is gonna be fun. So I want to hear your point of view. Tell everybody what you think about this move the cults have made.
Speaker 2: I think this is Jim Orsay oft has Jim Rsay written all over it, and I think this is a terrible move for a franchise for now and in for the future. Like I understand that Joe Flacco has looked better, I'm not telling anybody that Anthony Richardson has looked amazing. But what did you think about this as a franchise when you drafted the kid. You knew he didn't have a lot of starts, you knew that he needed to play. You knew he was raw coming in, and you knew it was going to take time and there were going to be a lot of bumps along the way. And if that's not what all the coaching staff and Jim Mersay were expecting when they were lying to themselves. So making this move, this is to me, this is the playbook of how you mid to me. This is the playbook of how you crush a young quarterback's confidence, like benching him when arguably like, look, I know he's got a lot of bad film this this year. I get that. You go back and you look at last week's film. His wide receivers did him no like service last year. I mean last week they dropped a lot of catchuble balls. They had bad game in their own right. I'm not saying that Richardson's played good, but to me, this is how you capsize a young quarterback. Take away his conference himself.
Speaker 1: He was crushed already on the sideline. He was crush at the press conference already. All this is is to see, this is business, This is impersonal right now. And if you and it's bad, you can't handle this. I mean, if you can't handle this, then you wink it not for long. It's Scott Bogwin likes said, that's an NFL stands for right. You're not gonna last in this league. This is a business decision, and you know what, I think it's a good one. And you and I we're in a lot of things. I completely disagree on this terrible NFC East is a home on AFC East is a wasteland six and two bills me, somebody else stinks. Hold on, I'm getting there. So everybody thought that. Everybody thought the Jets, and everybody thought the Dolphins were going to be in the playoffs. They playoff teams. Okay, the Chiefs are seven and l fine, the Broncos are five to three. Are you that worse of a team than the Broncos? Maybe? Offensively? No, you can outscore the Broncos. I'm looking at the Chargers again there four and three. If you're the Colt, you're sitting at four and four and you're looking at the AFC North and the Bengals have a worse record than you and sort of the Browns. You are very much in this thing. You are very much in the playoff mix, and if you play well for the next four weeks, you are going to be in that wildcard conversation because the AFC is underwhelmed this year. I totally get this. I understand it.
Speaker 2: And that doesn't know what for you in the next two years though, like Joe Flacco, does what for you next year? The year after that?
Speaker 1: Like, so what didn't you get a wildcard? So what? That's exactly what you have a You have a head coach here who went to the playoffs in his first year last year with Gardner Minshew's quarterback, and you know what, you went back to Richardson this year, and maybe Richardson isn't is just raw tools and he's just a glorified version of Trey Lance at the end of the day. And I know nobody wants to hear that. No, maybe he is. Maybe he is. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Derek Brown. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids, Happy hunting on the waiver wire.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best free way to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash review, or on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Follow us on x.
Speaker 3: Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros.
Speaker 1: Joe Flacco is going to take the Cults to the playoffs and they'll second. And Shane he made the playoffs with Minshew and Flaco.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Darnold or Twining yourr's time in Indy. I'm sorry, Colts fans,