Speaker 1: Touchdowns matter even more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. How much more listen to this. Everyone has a shot to score big with the DraftKings Touchdown Parlay profit Boost. This week, all customers can get up to a one hundred percent profit boost on any NFL touchdown parlay. The more touchdown bets you add to your bet slip, the bigger the boost, and the bigger your winnings. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use the code Bobby Sports. One word that helps us, that helps you. The code is Bobby Sports for everyone to score up to a one hundred percent profit boost on any NFL touchdown parlay only on Draft Kings The Crown of Yours gambling Problem call one one hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text Ope and y for six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling called eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino and Resort, Kansas twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario, it was per day when offered NFL touchdown parlays only maximum one hundred percent boost. Other waydering restrictions apply. Max bet varies. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot COE slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast call twenty five whists stuck in fun ball and they aware whist So, yeah, it's too bad, but what did you expect?
Speaker 3: It's a podcast call twenty five Whistles.
Speaker 1: Twenty one with the show what the that's my that's my job man own the whistle. You do it most times because I'm already thinking about what to do. Oh okay, Yeah, there's a guy who was shot and killed after a dispute over a jukebox song.
Speaker 2: Which one was it?
Speaker 1: Oh? You think it's about the song. I feel like it's probably about the disrespect more than they're fighting about a song.
Speaker 2: Usually that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of didn't want to know what song that.
Speaker 1: Was, though, well, I can get it into the story. I didn't even read about the song because I figure one of them plays a song, it doesn't matter what it did, but the other one wants a song, it doesn't matter what it is. Yeah, and it's just a disrespect issue. But a guy's dead after a dispute over a jukebox start turned violent at a Mexican restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. Oh no, the argument.
Speaker 2: So they were.
Speaker 4: Drunk alcohol, yeah, and then for sure disrespect.
Speaker 1: One man insulted another over his song choice on the music machine. Quote. I heard that there were two guys and they got into the argument because one of them played a song and the other guy was pissed off. The guy got insulted, pulled his weapon and started shooting the other guy. Dang broh, they don't talk about the songs, margaritas. The altercation escalated quickly. The man who insulted this song allegedly drew his weapon first, but the other man near the jew box firebacks. They both had guns.
Speaker 2: This is the wild West.
Speaker 1: It sort of feels like like they walked in those swinging doors by balloon, because that's because again, they both happened to have guns. Right then they just pulled him out for a lot of Police confirmed the identity of the victims, fifty four year old Sikoro Camacho. He's still investigating in the shooting. No song mentioned here. It wasn't even about the song.
Speaker 4: Well, no, they did. They they got mad about the song choice, it said.
Speaker 1: But it was mostly about the disrespect. I was an assault of the song, right. I was WSVN dot com the story.
Speaker 4: I was at a bar one time and I played What did I play? It was like, uh, one of the Rocky songs?
Speaker 2: Because now not Covin had no one is that that one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, no coming?
Speaker 4: And some guy and there was so upsetts who put Rocky on?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, what did? I did not raise my hand like I was gonna be like I did. I didn't think that was so controversial. Rocky everyone loves.
Speaker 4: I feel like there was just something going on with him, and maybe or maybe people play that song all the time, because I was shocked to see it on the jukebox.
Speaker 1: First off, it also could have been done done survivor the Tiger.
Speaker 2: The Tiger. Maybe I don't remember. It was a few years back.
Speaker 6: Few is that James Brown one where Rocky three Rocky?
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe like ten.
Speaker 1: Years ago, probably longer. Huh maybe was he here in Tennessee?
Speaker 2: Now I was back in Texas, so it had to be longer. It's years.
Speaker 1: It's our thing with our age. Now everything seems three years ago. I know that's not good, and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Everything seems two thousand, no five.
Speaker 1: Everything A couple of things that I want to talk about. We can do the U and l V thing first, and I think we've had a couple of days now for it to happen. But the are you familiar with story? Quarterback quarterback decides, Hey, I'm gonna go ahead and check out. I didn't get the money I was promised one hundred thousand dollars. So and everybody has come out with their side of it, like the school's like we never promised him that that's not in writing. The collectives like we didn't, and he's like no, an assistant coach and the dad. Everybody has their side, and I don't know that I see a specific side that's proved one way or the other. Who's telling the truth. But there are a couple of things from this. It's the if the dad is this involved, this is his fault, because unless you have something in writing, nothing really exists. Unfortunately, Yeah, so as the adult as the responsible person, because that dad seems like he's involved in this now he is now, so maybe he was then I assume he would be the kid. Was he recruited holy Cross?
Speaker 2: What was he recruited or was he a freshman when he went to UNLA.
Speaker 1: No, he came from holy Cross.
Speaker 2: He is a transfer.
Speaker 1: So I would assume that something, whoever the adult was, was involved in this screwed up. You can never have any sort of monetary agreement and expect it to hold true unless it's in writing. So that's number one. Number two, this is the greatest thing to ever happened to college football because I've said forever there needs to be absolute pandemonium for there to be any rules that are made, like it has to prove that it is so broken for anybody to step in and actually form it in a way that seems to be healthier for the sport. So speaking of the Wild West, that's what it kind of feels like right now with NIL, with portal with because there are no rules and regulations. As a matter of fact, it keeps getting less and less rules in regulations.
Speaker 4: But I can't think that college football or the people behind all this didn't think that, hey, let's start paying college players' money and let's not have any real regulations, and they thought it was just going to be okay, but.
Speaker 1: You didn't hear what I just said. It slowly pilled itself back less and less rules. There was never a day or they went. All the rules are gone. The case goes to the Supreme Court. The Obanon case about a video game. Right that happens now players can't get paid, which they should have been paid all along. It's so stupid. What's the difference in paying for a scholarship of a kid or giving him money. He's getting paid.
Speaker 2: Cash money different to the school.
Speaker 1: There's no difference. So because other people have to pay their own cash money.
Speaker 2: To get that.
Speaker 1: So it's a value, right It'd be like, okay, we won't give them an I a own money, will give a gift card. Well that's a thing, but it's not. It's the same thing. So with the billions of dollars that these schools are making off of these kids, I think it is absolutely right that the people who are creating the income make some of the income. But they just didn't go one day, everybody can transfer and everybody gets paid, not at all. The portal happened like five or six years ago. It was a slow roll. All of a sudden, the transfer, and people didn't really know how to use it. The nil happens because the Supreme Court they then are married to each other, because then people would get in the portal because of the ability to be paid. So there was never a moment where a board sat around and went like, surely this won't end bad. The onion just kept getting pilled back little and little by little until because everybody takes advantage of it rightfully, So we all do. We all take advantage of everything we're given to the max that we can take advantage of it, even like at work, like how much can you get away with actually not working?
Speaker 2: Taxes due?
Speaker 7: Not me?
Speaker 2: No, no, go out of your mind.
Speaker 1: I didn't see people, do people?
Speaker 2: Hey, look at my stuff. I'm clean.
Speaker 1: Here's my point. My point is this, we need absolute disasters to happen, so rules and regulations that make sense now are kind of dictating what college athletics is. We need this, we need this happened ten times, the crazy things happening now because this story happens. I loved it. I love to see Mayhem, but.
Speaker 8: It sucks for you and LV it really does. And Coach Otem friend of the show, Coach M's awesome.
Speaker 1: Here's a forty percent passer who gets crap. They their backup quarterback almost just as good. Okay, my point is we needed this to happen. We need more of this to happen. The new thing that's happening is if you play in four games, I believe it is a rule you no longer can red shirt. So fourth, so you can play three games, but if you play your fourth you no longer can red shirt. So some of these student athletes are going, I'm three games in. I've played in three games, but I'm not really making much money, and I don't want to waste a year because I only have four years of earning potential. So I'm gonna go ahead and go I'm gonna red shirt.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: They going to do it once, so they can't. It's not like they can transfer everything. You can only read shirt once. So the Bear kid from USC is doing this. They get the kid that he went to Georgia where is like recruited to Georgia, big recruit. Now he's at USC. He's like, I played three games, I'm transferring.
Speaker 8: Four games up to four games. Yeah, and then Notre Dame kid did this too. In a corner he did same thing.
Speaker 1: Well, no, this is going to happen all over the place. It's not surprised, I'm sure since we recorded this because it's that time of the year. It's about it's the fifth game, fourth game, whatever it is. That a lot of kids and it's not a bad decision. It is within the rules. So why would you not do it? If you're an athlete that may not go to the NFL and what nine percent of them do some crazy stat where it's not that many, why would you not take advantage of the four to five years where you actually can make money off of your athletic career while you're going to school. Like, I'm not going to fault anybody for doing this because it's within the rules. Where I would fault somebody as if they were doing it and it wasn't that like they found a loophole. This is not a loophole. This is right in the rules. And I'm never gonna hate on somebody for going to get their money like people that do that and like you're just a quitter. I don't know what happened with that you and you know, yeah that's different because of I don't even think it's different I don't know what's happened. I've talked to people on both not really both sides, but I've talked to people who are in the program, and I've talked to people who are based I'll just call him reporters, And everybody kind of has a different story. And if the kid was promised one hundred thousand dollars and wasn't paid it, that sucks. And the problem was it wasn't in writing. Yeah, but let's say it was and it wasn't. But let's say it was. Anybody's promised something in writing, they don't get it. I would quit too. It's a job. So I don't hate somebody for making a business decision. Ever, Will this decision hurt him in the future if he ended up making it in a very sloppy, reckless way, Yes, but that's the risk you take whenever you make a business decision. This is a business decision where I can like the college football is romantic and you just stick with your team, but don't deal our jobs. If our job sucks, we're not getting paid what we're promised, you leave or you get fired. That's so we shouldn't attack hatch a different emotion because we romanticize college football. This is the only time this kid is not gonna play in the NFL. This is the only time he's ever gonna get paid to play football. So why would you not maximize that the best possible. Well, the reason people get mad and the people who do get mad or either people who are never gonna make money play sports or people already have their money, because if it was you in that situation, or you're a kid, you're treated completely different. So I'm not gonna villainize the kid. I'm gonna villainize the adults around him that didn't get it in writing, because nothing is real unless it's in writing. You can handshake all day long.
Speaker 2: And those are the good old days, man.
Speaker 1: But see it's people that say that too. They hate on college football for all the changes.
Speaker 2: Good old days.
Speaker 4: You shake someone's hand and be like, all right, man, I will pay you tomorrow, and they pay you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm not gonna hate on the kid. We need things to go really wrong for a while before somebody steps in to fix them, because otherwise they're just mildly broken. And who cares about something mildly broken? If your car's making a noise occasionally you ain't taking it in good even the check engine, Yeah, you ain't taking it in. Ain't taking it in. If smoke starts to come out or you break down, you get it fixed. We need smoke to come out and for it to break down so that there's a bit of regulation too.
Speaker 2: It's happened.
Speaker 1: Got to hate rock Bottom, Yeah, that's what I would say. And so I need we need more of these stories. If you're gonna see a lot more people red shirting, and it's if it's your team, you're like, what a loser? Yeah, but you got to put yourself in that same exact place. They're making business decisions. They are in a business. They're a business. Their teams are businesses. The schools are businesses. So good luck to that kid. It's gonna be tough. He's like the first one to do that. Also, I feel like if UNLV really wanted to keep them, they had just paid them one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's pretty easy for them, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about what's one slot machine pool, They're right down the street. I mean, think about though, how much a Mountain West a shot at the Mountain West title or a college football playoff appearance was worth millions and millions of dollars. So if you felt like he was something that would keep you from it or allow you to get closer to it, Yeah, just paying one hundred thousand possibly a playoff, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, you just pay one hundred thousand bucks. Yeah, so the investment is well worth it. So unless you don't think the investment is worth it, which obviously they had decided it wasn't. I don't know this, but one of the rumors you pribaly saw online was like an offensive assistant coach just promised it to him. They didn't want to put it in writing because if you put it in writing, such and such rules come into play. If that's the case, well, the risk you take by not letting those rules come into play is that it's not in writing. And if they want to go now we're good, they go now we're good. But also, if that assistant coach really wanted you, it was important he'd find the money. So the collective have the money. They're paying three grand a month, so he was. He's making thirty six grand a month anyway, so they need to pay another what sixty four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna hate on the kid. That's a business. It's not elementary school. It is a business. We have to remember that. If we were there, we do the same thing.
Speaker 8: So who is a kid that wasn't there? A quarterback that went to Florida, he never started the season, didn't get his money.
Speaker 1: He comps some millions of dollars. Yep, nowver got his money. Peace out. I'll do the same thing if I'm committing somewhere because of something you're to If I'm gonna go work for a place because they're telling me you're gonna have your own office, We're gonna give you this salary, you're gonna have your parking spot. And I get there, there is no parking spot. I don't have an office, and I'm only making a fraction one. You just lied to me. Why would I work here? You're out of your mind. So we should look at that in the same way. Well, we roll a man in size college football, therefore we don't. But we shouldn't as much because it's business.
Speaker 4: It does suck for you on LV though they're coming. It's just a distraction. Now for the pretty good season going to.
Speaker 1: A historic season, Yeah, or it galvanizes you see things that way. Well, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be a complete distraction. I saw some of the players now going finally.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, this's had to be going on for Yes, that's what I was wondering, like week to week, is he telling himself, all right, you guys got one more week, one more week.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this did not come as a surprise to anybody that was in the central core of that program, And the sources that I have were not surprised at all. And I've heard different slight different versions of the story from like four different people. So there's no need to worry about who to trust orho's telling the truth. It exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are.
Speaker 1: Going to take advantage of the rules as they are it is allowed. We would all take advantage of any rule we were allowed to do extra in if it's offered. Yes, for sure. Let people make their money. Don't hate on people for making their money. That's it. People love Tell people how to spend their money, people love it, don't There's no need. So I just wanted to comment on that thing's been out for a couple of days. I'm glad it had. There's been some days to live with it where it's been in the news, and I've called some people because my initial thought was, Okay, if they promised him that money and they didn't give it to him, it doesn't matter where he works or what he's doing. I also would have left you lied to me and said I was getting this if I come to do that, regardless of what situation. But then he didn't sign anything, and I'm like, oh, it's a parent's fault unless we find out he did sign something. But they're saying, okay, so there's that uh fever did not win, So not going to the game. They came, they were down ten or eleven, they got they took the lead. I think they were up one with like four minutes left. They came back from eleven down. It was awesome. Can't le clark, but they were. They had two people on her the whole night, so low disappointing because I had courtside seats for Game three?
Speaker 2: Can you reserve those for next season?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a reserve thing. I think it's like the movies where you go on.
Speaker 2: You're like, hey man, so we're not gonna make the game.
Speaker 1: Avatar two and next week the guy know that's Joey g the executive was like, dude, we'll do it again. Okay, awesome. So yeah, that happened. I put a one hundred bucks in the Bengals won the Super Bowl because the odds have gotten real good.
Speaker 2: When'd you do that?
Speaker 1: After they lost the third game because the odds were like plus twenty four hundred or something, and I was like, they're I think they'll end up making the play. The Steelers I win in that division right now. I don't think they're gonna win that division. So when it's not a team that you expect to run away with it, there's a little room there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they are zero and three. I think if they win. I think if they go nine to eight, they get in the playoffs. And I think they're better than a nine and eight team just generally, so you get in the playoffs. It all starts over Joe Burrow. That's one of the quarterbacks I would take in my first four picks if I were having a new quarterback draft. So I put one hundred bucks to win, like sixteen hundred hundred boe nice, and I put it money on any other one three team, but I feel like the Bengals, the odds got so bad that it was worth a hundred dollars investment.
Speaker 8: I gotta say, I don't think i've ever heard you say I put one hundred bucks on it.
Speaker 2: No, good job there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good, very low.
Speaker 2: That's a low amount of money. Wow, totally, that's something I would do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You put dogs that's put one hundred dollars on anything. Super Bowl, super Bowl like flexing for no reason to flex, you don't put a hundred buck on But also I wasn't going to bet a thousand on it because they're owing three. No, I know, but still like one hundreds, Like all right, are.
Speaker 2: You saying he's maturity a little bit?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, sure, No, there's no maturation because I'm only getting richer. Let's be honest, he's got the money. Yeah, I'm saying. My business decision was I don't want to put a bunch of money in own three team because odds are they're not going to win the Super Bowl regardless of who it is. But when they do those stats like only nine percent of teams that start owing two what they're not factoring in is there are two new playoff teams now, so that that really dicks with the percentages. So we're used to be eight, it's now nine, right, No it' what is it now seven?
Speaker 2: It's seven teams.
Speaker 1: It was six, it was six, now seven, thank you. So they're two teams on each side. So and also that division with Pittsburgh leading the division, I don't think they're going to win that division. Baltimore struggled, Cleveland is terrible, and Cincinnatis on three. So with Baltimore not you know, they fight. Baltimore one beat the Cowboys, right, got their first win. They're only one game over the Bengals, and those two teams are still going to be the two teams. Probably they're fighting for the division because I don't think Pittsburgh's good enough offensively. So that's why I made that bad. You guys may put more on it now.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not saying no, I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's like I'm like, dang, he only bets on hundred bucks two that's cool.
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 2: Oh you're like him?
Speaker 1: No, I don't ever do one hundred. What is your unit? Show me your unit?
Speaker 2: Whoa, WHOAOA.
Speaker 1: Off camera? What is your unit? What do you mean by that? Like my top?
Speaker 2: Like do you bet okay?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 8: I usually do five bucks? Okay, so on a single bet, and then if I do, then I think the most like I really really will push.
Speaker 1: Unit would be a normal standard bet. If you're just bet in one unit would be what it would That's why people sometimes don't talk about money. They talk about many units they bet because everybody's money is different. It's all relative to what they bet. So if I were to bet five units, that's probably my unit is one hundred bucks. So if I'm just gonna throw a hundred bucks, that's just a normal I feel okay about it. But I'm going to bet it. Okay, I feel pretty good about it. You do a three, I'll do a ten unit bet on some that's a thousand bucks, right, okay? So a unit is like your normal. I'm just gonna bet it's my standard, and then you measure it by units.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: So yours are probably fives with your description, Yes, Eddie's is one.
Speaker 4: Well one on parlays. I'm a one dollar parlay guy, so that's not really my unit. I think if I'm going to bet one game straight up? It's five bucks okay, Oh, unless I have money in the bank, I'll go ten. So that's two units though, right, So yes, but I'm feeling good. I got to put two units on it.
Speaker 1: I feel like Casey knows a lot about gambling because I feel like he's just sitting over there, He's going, yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like he's got you know, Bookie, Well, that's just kids from New York.
Speaker 2: You forget about it.
Speaker 1: Did your dad? Did your dad gamble?
Speaker 2: He gambled on horses? O t b Hey, for sure.
Speaker 1: So did you grow up in a sports gambling house at all?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Did you bet? Because I went to the horse trike a lot as a kid, sneak in, get adults to bet the money for you. The two dollars minimal bet. So I went to the track a lot as munch kid, a bunch whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we used to do that because Belmont bell Mount Steaks is like right around the block for us a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you bet now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm like a fight dolar unit thing.
Speaker 1: I used to be a five dollars. It's all relative to where you are.
Speaker 2: When were you a five dollar?
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't really have sports like my buddy, we.
Speaker 10: Don't talk about that, buddy, read what did your unit?
Speaker 1: I stop with my units? Man, Yeah, but when I did have a unit, it was like twenty five, So that's why I stopped. Just doesn't lose like he loses, but he doesn't lose over there's no overall loss. Everybody loses a little bit inside of a series of bets. But like if Read's around, like good things just happen.
Speaker 2: That's because it's a good guy.
Speaker 1: I guess patient it's weird. H Okay, why don't we go and do the tittle Tattle? Let's got his name ever? The tittle Tattle.
Speaker 8: Following our visit the Stone Colds Ranch, if you can get in the ring with any current or former wrestler, who would it be?
Speaker 1: By the way, shout out Stone Cold see Boston on Monday, we put out the full hour episode. We put out the too Much Access, but we do the full hour interview Monday on the Bobby Cast. My favorite wrestler of all time is the blonde haired Sting. So I've tried to meet Sting. No luck, So it'd be Sting because I've never met him.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: When I wrote my first book, I wrote inside of one chapter like people I looked up to when I was a kid, and in that word Sting the wrestler, Mark Grace, the baseball player. And I think Sting just found my book or somebody told him about it and he just signed the page it was on and mailed it to me. What Ing, no note, nothing, Hey, maybe he read it, though probably not. And I think he just signed over his name and they just sent the book. And I remember just getting the book in the mail at the radio station and like, why did somebody just send me a generic book? And I was flipping through it and he just said, I don't even know where that book is. I do have a Sting autograph, but it's Sting the singer that I bought thinking it.
Speaker 2: Was that's funny. I can see how that can happen.
Speaker 1: So it would be Sting stone cold. I was in college, so he was massive and awesome, but I didn't look up to wrestlers as much then, where it was like this person's awesome. It was like man sold as legit. That makes sense. Yeah, as a little older, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That takes out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I go Stinging the Blonde not staying the dark haired Sting. I'm trying to think of sin. What another difference between Sting the blonde? Well, no, no, same guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but but the version was one, yeah, like dark.
Speaker 1: Really colorful pants. I'm thinking of a different state. You want to face paint. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of it. But the blonde Sting had bright colored face paint.
Speaker 2: Was one a villain and one a good guy.
Speaker 1: They were dark haired. Sting was mostly a good guy. He'd flip a little bit, but he was based on the crow. Yeah, this is a thing, Brandon Lee. Yeah, what are you looking at? This is the Sting I'm thinking of with the white face paint, and he was with that the longest, but when he was blonde. But it's the same stingyame guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't know he'd been around that long because I watched that Sting as a kid.
Speaker 1: Black hair, black hair, the crow Sting Yes, the crows, sorry yeah crow, Yeah, no it Beasting's my answer. Okay, thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: Do you think there's more pressure on Kirby Smart to win the Big Showdown this weekend now that Saban has gone from Bama?
Speaker 1: I did see that Bama is underdog for the first time, so it's like the Civil War at home, which is not really civil war but like the nineties or something.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, Saban was Kirby's kryptonite, but it was always like, here are all Saban's coaches, none of them can beat him. But Kirby did a bit. But Alabama is the only team to defeat Georgia since twenty twenty, and that wasn't the SEC championship, So Georgia hasn't beat in a conference game. That's why that Kentucky game was so weird. And Georgia is playing Kentucky would have been the first in season game for them to lose. I don't think so. Mostly, I think if the College Football Playoff didn't exist, the answer would be yes. But I think any pressure is met by you can lose one or two, and if you're Georgia, you lose one or two, you get in over another team that lost one or two because you're Georgia. So I think they can lose this game and be fine.
Speaker 8: Can I second that question? Then that make it less intriguing to you this game because of that than it would in years past.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think it's less intriguing. I don't like it. Whenever it is like, you lose, your season's pretty much over. That sucks.
Speaker 10: What if that was what the NFL was like, that would suck. Oh yeah, I wouldn't be out.
Speaker 1: I'd never been on the Bengals one hundred dollars. So no, I'm interested in the game. I'm super interested in the game. That's fun. But when people are like it runs how like how important the game is early in the year, I kind of hate that it all could revolve around one game in Week three or four. I think it's pretty stupid. Actually, So no, I'm into it. I like it. I don't think the pressure is on them. I think if it were, though it's met by, It's okay. We can still get to the college football Playoff with two losses. I think they can lose this one and lose the SEC championship game and still get in. Would else?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 1: Right, which NFL coach do you think will get fired first? I mean it's probably Doug Peterson, right, I mean that's it's slowly more and more and more and more. I mean that their owner con was like, it's the greatest Jaguar team I've ever had. It sucks. I really need trouble once to play well fantasy. Nah, I got a bunch of rookie cards. He should just cut his hair though. His hair is not good. Yeah, and it's bad luck now, but it's just not good. It's like stringy. It's like where I come from. That's the kind of hair everybody had.
Speaker 2: Is it because he's getting older because he used to look really good?
Speaker 1: I didn't even like it really is. It's not really good there. He has long hair. It's fine, but it's just straight, super straight. Yeah, it's it's too straight, like guys rather have a perm Yeah. Either put some put some texture into it, or cut it no wave or nothing. Yes, no way, I agree. Yeah, I've always been like, why does he cut his hair? It doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: You're coming from a fashion point, like I just.
Speaker 1: Need a little texture something. Is that too much to ask? And it's got like a like spaghetti noodles? Yeah? All right. I think Doug Peterson probably goes in season if they lose in two more games. Probably in season. You know, I was reading We're Yeah, I forget which owner it was was talking about why you don't fire a coach in season, because when you fire a coach in season, even if the team is playing horribly, if you fire them in season and the interim coach does a pretty good job, everybody screams they want the interim coach to be the new head coach. But it was just because a new jolt of energy and the play where then the owner's kind of like pressured, like Antonio Pierce has that now with the Raiders, and I don't know if he's gonna be a good head coach or not, but that's what happened.
Speaker 2: They made he was awesome when he interroomed, when you filled in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I The Kevin Stefanski thing is weird because you know, he's been Coach of the Year. The brown suck, but he's a really good coach and if he were gone, somebody would immediately grab him. Yeah yeah, like he's a great coach. Yeah, so he's the same coach that. I mean, flat goes are quarterback and they do they need Watson a goal away.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is just crazy bizarre.
Speaker 6: It's like, I guess just Watson is just not into football anymore. I think there's just so much you know, controversy going on in his life that I just feel like he's just too distracted to want to play.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's also aged, he's aged too, but I don't know that that's all of it. I think you're right. I think if you had all these charges in settlements and like, why is he going to stand in the pocket and get crushed these guys? Like but also it's like, you only have a couple more years to make your money, and if you've signed the deal and it's all been guaranteed, I get it. I'm gonna tell somebody to step away from one hundred million dollars one hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 2: Dollars to cut him. It's like the cap hit is like I think, yeah, something like that. Yeah insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But could it be like every money, all the money I make, just goes to these allegations.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. I think those settlements were not disclosed. Well, then new ones came out a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So he makes more money. He's like, well it goes to that.
Speaker 1: Well no, but what if he doesn't make any more money and he's still got to pay You're making that money, so you can pay these I.
Speaker 6: Wonder if there's like a legal loophole for the Browns, where like, if he gets in trouble for these new accusations, maybe they can have to pay him.
Speaker 2: That's what they're probably hoping.
Speaker 1: For, right They from things that I've read, they're looking. They keep saying they're looking back into the contract, which means they're trying to find a way. One line, it's it'll be the biggest dead cap hit ever. He's gone over the worst contract of all time. Yeah, I mean Russell Wilson this is the other.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Second, this will be first was an all guaranteed I guess No, I'm saying Russ's cappit. Yeah, like that's the that's the leader in the clubhouse right now for biggest ever. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 8: All right, Next question, All right, last one after an zero to three start, or your Bengals the most disappointing teams so far?
Speaker 1: Your Bangles, they're surprising. I don't know that they're disappointing because I I'm doing the Super Bowl somemer right shift up put on that talking through the games. I think the Jaguars are probably in my mind if I'm just going from the most disappointing. It's not going to be Miami because they lost their quarterback. It's not going to be San Francisco. I'm disappointed their players aren't playing. But there's a difference in being disappointed because people are injured and disappointed because you have your full arsenal and they still suck. So you have McCaffrey in Germany having to go to a European Achilles specialist, like that ain't good. So, I mean, that's real bad if he's having to fly to another country. We have good doctors here, great doctors exactly. The Bears are interesting because it looks kind of like a train wreck over there, especially with everything we heard, like it's going to be the easiest arrival for a rookie quarterback. Ever, there are still times where Caleb thinks he can out run people that he can't, like when there are these Russians are coming in and Caleb thinks, from a standstill he can get away from them. It's a different it's a different different world. Now becauesn't much faster, but he's gonna learn. What's the Bengals do? Yeah, they played the Chiefs. Chiefs in that game was Patriots games, terrible lot go ahead.
Speaker 8: Patriots and then they just lost, and then they shouldn't have lost to Patriots.
Speaker 1: The Patriots the Commander's game was weird because nobody ever punted on both sides. All they did was score all It's so it's like the Bengals offense is doing what they need to do. The defense just didn't make a couple stops. So in the Chiefs game, they were in it. Yeah, And I'm not making excuses for the future Super Bowl champion, but that's why I'm not completely distraught about the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Division matches yet. So they have all those.
Speaker 1: They've been in it. Yeah, so I'm going I'm going to Jags. If Miami doesn't get a quarterback, what are they gonna do? Yeah, they have nothing. They lost Tua now they lost because he's out right this week too, Tua. No? Oh, Skyler Guyler pretty sure?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So is Boyer the starting quarterback Boyle Boyle whatever.
Speaker 2: His name is Boyer and Boyle combined, yes, or because they.
Speaker 1: Did end up signing snoop.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it says uncertain about Skyler Thompson Boyle or Tyler Huntley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, start it's Huntley, right, and Hunty played well when Lamar was out. That's tillte thank you stupid? His name ever the tone? All right, want a streak? You guys want to do the parlay? Yeah, okay, Uh take Arkansas plus four? Are you getting it out?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I would take Arkansas plus four. I would take Oklahoma money line. I should take Arkansas off this. Why I just make two?
Speaker 2: It's too you hit the last one.
Speaker 1: I know it's two. Auburn sucked. That's why Texas A and M not great. Not a great team, but they're fine. Pull Arkansas into this. Okay, Oklahoma is going to beat Auburn. I can't believe Oklahoma is only a two point favorite even though they're at Auburn because we played at Auburn. Auburn sucks. Hugh Freeze is a dirt bag too. By the way his he went on, it was like we played them nine more times. We beat them nine times. Who says that after a loss? Even if you feel that way, that's a loser talk.
Speaker 2: You want the money line in Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: I take Oklahoma money line. I take Kansas state money line over Oklahoma State. And I would take Georgia money line at Bama.
Speaker 2: Could just pass that one. We go back Georgia money line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna do all three money lines like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna say anything.
Speaker 4: Looking for that Oklahoma game, not the Oklahoma State game.
Speaker 1: They're at Kansas State, Oklahoma State at Kansas, Kansas State.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: If you want to take the twenty five whistles parlay, checkout DraftKings Sports Book. New users use the code Bobby Sports when you download the app. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and why And you want an Oklahoma state on that right money line Kansas? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh hold up, hold up, we can just change that real.
Speaker 1: Quick, Kansas State money line.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, now, let me finish reading the yeah.
Speaker 1: Go ahead in Connecticut helps available let me get back in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text ope and y four six seven three six nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling called eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visits CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly. I'll be have a bootook seene on Resort Kansas twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction void Ontario one boost per day when offer at NFL touchdown parlays only maximum one hundred percent boost. Other wagering restrictions apply max bet various for additional terms and responsible gaming and resources se DKNG, dot CO, slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: What are gonna say with our parlay? If you bet one unit you will No, not one.
Speaker 1: You can't do that, No, no, no, I'm gonna have to do the dollar amount on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, one dollar?
Speaker 1: What would you have said? One unit?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say one unit?
Speaker 1: Then you who who's unit?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Whoever's listening to your unit? Whatever your unit is? For a three game parlay?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, finished sertatement.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'll just take you joe dollar.
Speaker 1: No, no, do what you would have said?
Speaker 2: Okay, curious you.
Speaker 4: Put one unit on it, you will win three point eight four units.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's pretty solid, weird way, but I like it. Okay, it does make sense. So it's plus three four. Yeah you could have just said that. Yeah, okay, cool, I like that. All right, let's do this. Touchdowns matter even more at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. How much more. Listen to this. Everyone has a shot to score big with DraftKings Touchdown Parlay profit Boost. This week, all customers can get up to one hundred percent profit boost on any NFL touchdown parlay. The more touchdown bets you add to your bet slip, the bigger the boost and the bigger your winnings. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use the code Bobby Sports. One word that helps us, that helps you. The code is Bobby Sports for everyone to score up to a one hundred percent profit boost on any NFL touchdown parlay only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem called one one hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text ope and y for six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling called eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boot Heell Casino and Resort Kansas twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one boost per day when offered NFL touchdown parlays only. Maximum one hundred percent boost other way during restrictions apply max bet varies for additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot COE slash ft ball. Right now, we're going to talk with head football coach Eli drink Witz. Eli became the head coach of the Tigers in twenty twenty. They're ranked eleven in the country. He was the SEC Coach of the Year last year and really turned the program around. I'm a big drink fan. Shouldn't because Missouri and Arkansas rivals. I love him. He's from Arkansas, like coach at Arkansas Day, went to high school in Arkansas, like big Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Seems like a cool dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we liked him. Huh yeah, I like him a lot. Yeah, so here he is coach drink Witz. Let me ask about bye weeks because I know what why players like bye weeks? Why do coaches like bye weeks? What will you do differently?
Speaker 3: First off, you get to just take a deep breath.
Speaker 7: You don't have this constant churning in your stomach like you know you got something on Saturday. It's going to determine the happiness of about six and a half million people, including yourself, and you get to kind of be normal, like My daughter had a volleyball game last night, and so I got to go pick her up from the game.
Speaker 3: When the bus got back.
Speaker 7: I'll get to go watch my daughter's T ball games on Thursday night. Saturday, another daughter's got two volleyball games in the morning, so you got you just kind of get a sense of normalcy, and it's just a little bit of a time to take a deep breath. I think from a football standpoint, you can actually work on things.
Speaker 3: You know, it's easy to say.
Speaker 7: Hey, we got to get better this week, but when there's a game coming and you have all this game planning stuff you have to do, there's not a whole lot of just moments where you can focus on fundamentals and improvement because you've got to get the schemes in for that week.
Speaker 3: You've got to get the preparation in.
Speaker 7: But in a bye week, again, you don't have an opponent on Saturday, that opponent yourself, so there's really more time to focus in on Hey, this twenty minutes of practice is going to be specific to getting better. Five minutes on third downs, five minutes on team run, five minutes on motion adjustments.
Speaker 3: So that's probably the best thing about it.
Speaker 1: Do you double scout the teams? Like, will you spend a good two weeks? I know you guys have A and M coming up, will yeah? Do you like coming off a bye week because you have put an extra time or is it just still Are you spending more time doing fundamentals and you're doing the same amount for every team?
Speaker 7: It's really both. So like today is Tuesday, and so we will work just on ourselfs. Tomorrow we'll spend some time on a future opponent that's not named Texas A and M, who's in this next four week segment. And then on Thursday we'll turn our full attention to Texas A and M. So we will get maybe a day and a half ahead of our opponent, you know, but we will also get a day ahead on another opponent too. I don't like to practice too much for one team. It's like you ever sharpen a pencil too much and that edge is a little too fine and you push it on the paper breaks. I think you can get that way with practice for one opponent. I think you can. You can overdo it, so to speak, because no matter how much you're going to practice, they're going to have a new wrinkle, and so you've got to be prepared to adjust.
Speaker 1: Are you the bell of the ball in Columbia? Can you grocery shop?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can grocery shop. You find it funny?
Speaker 7: The other day I was I was driving my car to stop light and there were two college aged students who had their phone up next to the window taking a picture. And I just looked at him and was like, if you'll just tell me, I'll smile for the picture. I'm always worried that they're going to catch me picking my nose or something while I'm driving or singing to myself.
Speaker 3: In the car.
Speaker 7: But I'll say this, I don't let it affect me one way or the other. I just know I got to wear a hat when I go to the grocery store instead of going all wild and free.
Speaker 1: Talk about Brady Cook for a second, because he's been on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I don't think there's a you know, I've been around some really good quarterbacks, have been privileged to coach several that have gone on to play in the NFL. But Brady might be my favorite, just from the standpoint of he's got everything. He's got leadership, he's got accountability, he's got toughness, he's.
Speaker 3: Got playmaking ability.
Speaker 7: But there's something about a kid who just works really hard to be the best that he can be.
Speaker 3: And that's really Brady Cook. I mean, he works. Nothing was given to him.
Speaker 7: He's not just the most gifted player. He's really had to work to become who he is. And I mean, I hate to say it like this, but he's like the American dream man. He's like Rocky Balboa to an extent, where you know, he just keeps betting on himself and keeps delivering.
Speaker 1: I had a caller call the show and they were doing a paper on grit and she was like, she got through the phone lines and she said, Hey, would you talk about what you think grit is? And I think my career has been more based off perseverance, right, like not doing a very good job and getting up again and doing it a little better and a little better, because I've naturally not been that gifted at anything. How would you define grit? And who are a couple of your grittiest players?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 7: I love that you asked this question. Gritz the stubborn refusal to quit. I mean, that's all it is. It's just you refuse to give up, and it's passion plus perseverance over time, Like what are you willing to endure to accomplish what you want to accomplish. I think Brady obviously is a great example of grit. I think Cody Schrader last year was an extreme example of grid. I think when you look at this year's running backs, Marcus Carroll, Naatean Nowell, those two guys are really gritty players who had to overcome a lot and bet on themselves, refuse to give in to the outside noise to achieve what they want to achieve. I think Johnny Walker, defensive end for me, came in at one hundred and ninety seven pounds, had four wisdom teeth taken out within the first week of him being here. Now he weighs two hundred and fifty six pounds. Was the MVP of the Cotton Bowl. It took him four years to really earn significant playing time. But instead of pouting, instead of trying to go into a different situation, he just said, I'm going to sustain excellence every day and that's.
Speaker 3: Really what you have to do.
Speaker 7: You know, we have We had a group of Navy seals come in and they said, winning is reserved for those who are willing to pay the price. And that's kind of our thought process this year, like what price are we willing to pay to win? And you've got to be willing to outlast people. You've got to be willing to to sustain it even when it's not going your way.
Speaker 4: Coach, at the end of the game, you know, I see the two coaches go and they meet each other. What can you possibly tell each other, especially if you've lost the game?
Speaker 2: Like what's that conversation like? Or do you are you thinking? Like what am I going to tell him? As I walk up there.
Speaker 7: You know, I've had some awkward conversations with the head coaches across the deal. Honestly, you know, when you're the winning coach and you're going across the field to the guy who's lost, you realize and know how much pain they're in right then, And really, all I'm trying to do is give them some some sort of like comfort or something, because man, the hardest thing to do is to swallow all your emotions and then go in there and address your team.
Speaker 3: So that's really what I'm doing.
Speaker 7: When whenever they're they're saying something to me after they're whipping my butt. It's usually as quick as I can just shake their hand and try to gather my thoughts and emotions before I address the team. But you know, I have such a tremendous amount of respect for the head coaches in this league. You know, it's a it's a fraternity of really good men, and you know, we don't always get along, we don't always agree with each other, but there is a level of respect there. And so you know, when you get a chance to visit with another SEC head coach, you always treat it with a little bit of respect.
Speaker 1: I think a bit. The pre game would be awkward if you're expected to talk and you don't really like them or know them. Like we have guests in studio and there are you know, celebrities that either I don't like or I don't know them. We have to like do small talk for like six minutes before this, and that's torture for me. And I got to imagine just the human nature of it there. That's probably the same situation. So the pre more than the post. The post you can get out over, but do you have to go talk to the other head coach before the game.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently you don't have to edit.
Speaker 7: Ordron didn't come shake my hand before the first time we played them, and that was really the first time and only time I've ever had that happen.
Speaker 1: So I guess you don't have to, but you're supposed like that's the thing you're supposed to like, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Mean it's kind of a you know, it's kind of a sportsmanship deal. I tell you when I come into that the most is when you have to do the Friday pre game media because there are some media that you know have been taking shots at you or you know, shots at your team, and then you got to go sit there and act like you're going to be buddy buddy and give them all the information that they want to ask. So that one's always the one that you're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah, what if it's like, uh, I'll use me for an example I've had, and I make no everybody knows I'm a massive Arkansas supporter and booster and involved in everyone, and so I've been a little underwhelmed at our coaching decision, especially the Oclhoma State game, the u AB game, and I've been the Sunshine pumper for years. I believe I believe. And this is the first year that I've publicly been like, man like, I don't feel like our coaching really got us to a good place to win. And I've said that, but I've been like loyal, loyal, oil. If you were to see somebody like me that said that, like, would you know? Would you do? You think Piman knows that I've said such things.
Speaker 7: He's probably cognizantly aware because of the influence that you have over the state of Arkansas and the fans. And I would just say this, man, Bobby, Look, it's natural to say, yeah, there's like for me, I screwed up right before half. I went forward on fourth down. Should have never done and that end up call three points. I think if the coaches make the attempt to acknowledge the accountability, like hey, I screwed it up, I think that should with the fans make sure that they understand, like.
Speaker 3: Okay, he gets it now.
Speaker 7: If they don't get it, if they're being stubborn about it, if they're saying like they got their head in the sky, then obviously people can say what they want. But I think coach Pipman's doing a really good job in a very difficult circumstance. And I think obviously the Travis Williams at defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: I was a GA with him at Auburn. I think he's a tremendous coach.
Speaker 7: Obviously, coach Patreno's a really good football coach, and they did an excellent job in the portal, So they're going to be a really good football team this year.
Speaker 3: I'll just say this.
Speaker 7: As fans, it's easy to criticize and critique, but everybody's growing into being the best version of themselves as a team. I think you got to give them grace and positive momentum as long as possible.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to the point that you can't, you can't.
Speaker 7: Everybody individually has to make that own decision. But whatever happened last year or the previous year, the previous momentum, and that's totally different. It's about this year's team and this year's journey and the opportunity for them to develop their own identity. And you know, I saw that Oklahoma State game. There obviously were some things that people could be critical of, but the thing that I saw was a team that kept competing, the team that made mistakes but found a way to be in the game for all the way up until, you know, until the last play, and that's the sign of a team that's getting better. So I would just encourage you. Man, they ain't that far off. They're They're a tough, gritty team, which is why they were able to beat Auburn.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know if they'd do it nine out of nine times or anything. I don't have an.
Speaker 7: Opinion on that, but I thought they were a really good football team in that game.
Speaker 3: I watched that game yesterday.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm being guilted now. I've just been guilty. I've been guilty. That's okay. What's that like, not being under the radar, Because now you guys have an expectation to win if you have that big number by your name and people are watching.
Speaker 7: I think it's been a justing for us. I think obviously that's something that we needed to address. Specifically after the game Saturday, I just felt like there was hesitation both within the coaches and the players playing afraid, afraid to fail, afraid to lose. And you're never going to be the best version of yourself being afraid to fail. You got to go for it, you got to cut it loose, and whatever happens happens. You got to believe in yourself that you're tough enough to handle whatever adversity or success is going to come your way. But you can't try to guide the ball into the strike zone. You can't try to guide the ball into a player. You got to just go cut it loose. And so, whether it's me, whether it's coaches, whether it's players, we got to not worry about the rankings.
Speaker 3: They are what they are. We got to just go out there and do the very best that we can.
Speaker 1: Final three questions, are you superstitious? If so, what do you do? What are they?
Speaker 7: I like the answer. I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious. So I absolutely keep the same pregame meal routine. I absolutely keep the same Friday clothing routine. We have a thing called Boots Thursday where we wear boots and jeans on Thursdays. Very much adamant that I got to do that.
Speaker 3: So I'm not, like I said, not super but there's a little bit of the right. It goes along the way.
Speaker 4: Coach, you said that you watched the Arkansas game two days after you guys played. What is your routine like, are there like five games that you would have watched on Saturday, but you were playing and then you'll watch them later.
Speaker 2: Is that what you do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like to watch future opponents. I like to watch high output offenses. I like to watch defenses. I get a cut up of all the explosive passes from the week.
Speaker 3: Before in college football.
Speaker 7: So you just try to stay on top of trends, or you try to stay on top of issues, you know, just listening to all the stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, Auburn talked about their ability to really move the ball but had a lot of turno. So I wanted just to see if that was my.
Speaker 7: Sense of it from watching it, And wanted to see what t Will was doing defensively because we're going to play him later. But then I wanted to see, you know, I think coach Matrino is one of the best offensive mines in college football. To just see what he's doing and have seen the way he's developing a game plan around his quarterback, to see if there's just anything that we could borrow. You know, football is a game of borrowing other people's ideas to see if they can apply to what you do. And so, you know, I do that with a lot of different people, but it gives you kind of a trend of what's going on in the game.
Speaker 1: Final question, coach, if you're struggling emotionally mentally, who professionally can you call? Who's your mentor.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, there's there's a couple of different people that I can reach out to.
Speaker 3: From a spiritual standpoint.
Speaker 7: There's a guy in Boone, North Carolina named doctor Dick Furman who's been a really a person of great character and integrity for me for the last six years, and the highest of highs I can expect to get a text from him that says t y L which stands for thank you Lord or the lowest to lows I can get a text from that. It's going to say thank you Lord, because you just realize that you're blessed to get the opportunity to do this and you realize that your future is in his hands and not to get caught up in the anxiety of it. From a coaching standpoint, you know, Coach Malson's obviously a guy that I can reach out to that we exchange ideas back and forth from.
Speaker 3: So there's just different people like that.
Speaker 7: But in the but in those two situations, those would probably be the first two phone calls. You know, sometimes I'm not quite as quick to call Gus because you know, he's still the guy that I ga for it, so he'll tell me that that's pretty dumb.
Speaker 3: You know, that's pretty what is your problem here?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: But that's good to keep me humble.
Speaker 1: Coach, congratulations on on and whatever happens to year, happens this year, but really fundamentally turning the image of a program around. You've done a fantastic job, fan, and good luck the rest of the year, except for one game. I'm really rooting for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: I appreciate all the opportunity to be on this show because I'm being from the state of Arkansas and watching your success has been really awesome, and so to have an opportunity to be on the show, you know, and if y'all could ever figure out that fifty to fifty raffle deal on t.
Speaker 1: Start his coach, don't even get it going went another half hour, Coach, All right, well let him go, Coach, good to see you. This is much out with Texas A and m head coach Mike Elko coach in his first year as head coach of the Aggie, spent two years at Duke, turned that program around. Aggi's are three on one in the season. They face off against my Arkansas team this week. But uh really happy coach all co desided to come on here. He is coach Mike Elko from Texas A and M Hey, coach, Hey, how are you pretty good? Hey? Do you often wear like a jersey because that's how I coach. He's got like a jersey show. Yeah, it was like a jersey shirt with a hood, like, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's that's my That's kind of what I go with most of the days.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have a question about when you went back to A and M like, did you already know what part of town you wanted to live? Because we live in a like an industry sports and also like media where there's a bit of moving, and I think there was an advantage to having lived in a college station before. Did you know the part of town you wanted to go back to?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it certainly made it a lot easier. It was also nice the first day I came to the office because I actually knew where I was going.
Speaker 5: That's the first time I've been doing that in my life too.
Speaker 1: Did you have a bunch of A and M stuff that you had it unloaded yet as far as that close.
Speaker 5: No, you know, so I've never doubled back before.
Speaker 9: So we've always had this method of taking everything we have and giving it away on our way out of town. And so I kind of maybe regret a little bit of some of the stuff I gave away. I had some good stuff I wish I.
Speaker 1: Had back whenever you're making that decision, because you took that Duke program and turned it into a real player, and that'd something to be proud of. I mean, I think a Duke is a basketball school, but I didn't think of them just as a basketball school. You know, in your years there, How hard was that decision to leave a program that you had built in a power for Power five conferen the time and go back to A and M.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's really difficult, And I think when you get to the top of it all, it's even harder because your your decision affects the lives of so many people. And so, you know, you got your own family, which obviously matters a lot, but then you've got the families of everybody who came to the Duke to work with you and for you. You got the players, and so it's not just you know, surface level, Hey, do I want to be the coach at A and M Or do I want to be the coach at Duke?
Speaker 5: There's a lot more that goes into it, for sure.
Speaker 1: Whenever you left, was it you know, possibly I like to come back here one day? Or do you not think about that because who knows how anybody's contract is going to shake out anywhere?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you don't really think about it from that perspective. You know, you just honestly, anything I've ever done in my.
Speaker 5: Whole career, you just you kind of go to work. You do the best job you can.
Speaker 9: You don't really think about what's coming next, And as opportunities come along and present themselves, you just kind of go through it and figure out what you think is right for you and your family, and you know, try to stay true to that as best you can. In this wild profession that we're in.
Speaker 1: Who's been the craziest freak athlete that you've coached? Where I know you're looking at me now and you're like, you're a freak athlete. Bobby because'm about to go work out, Im about to get in the gym, coach right now, and so who has it been that you have had where you've been like, Man, this guy is a monster.
Speaker 9: I think if you go back in the past, it's probably the Marvin Leal who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers right now.
Speaker 5: We signed him here. When I was a defensive.
Speaker 9: Coordinator, he was the number three ranked player in the country, and he had some crazy things he could do, you know, high jumping and flipping up off the ground, and he was a six ' five, two hundred and ninety five pound kid, and so he was freaky athletic. Our defensive end right now, Shamar Stewart is pretty freaky athletic when it comes to those types of things too. He's a good first off the bus guy and he plays like it.
Speaker 1: My high school coach, because I was only a moderate to average mid level high school athlete, he would say, man, you get the most out of athletic ability, And in a way that was a bit of an insult, meaning I wasn't that athletic, but I was a pretty smart player. But he'd like, you really get the most out of that? What player did you have where that was like they were a good athlete, but they really utilized every part of their brain and studying and doing everything right and got the most out of it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I had a safety when I was the defensive coordinator at wait far As, the kid named Ryan Janvion, and he wound up starting probably forty six forty seven games in the ACC, started all four years as an ACC safety and never really got a chance to go on to the next level because I think he maybe didn't have that height, weight speed.
Speaker 5: That the NFL requires or was looking for.
Speaker 9: But he had a phenomenal college career at a really high level, maximizing I think everything he could possibly do.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Texas being in the same conference with you again, coach?
Speaker 5: I think it's great. I think you have this huge rivalry in state.
Speaker 9: I think you've got two schools that are so close and are obviously the huge programs in the best football state in the country. I think bringing them in and playing them again at the end of the year and having it mean an awful lot. I think those things are really good. I think that's what we got to make sure we don't lose that part of college football, I think you have. In this day and age of conference realignment and people shifting all over the place, there's there's still something really cool about two teams that really don't like each other playing a meaningful game at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Coach, I hate Texas and I'm I'm gonna tell you, I hate their guts. I hate everything about it. I hate their color. Hate And I lived in Austin for twelve years and love individual people from Austin and that work at the University of Texas. But I'm from Arkansas and I hate the University of Texas.
Speaker 9: It kind of comes with the territory when you're in Arkansas. Yes, sir, you don't have a tremendous, you know, affinity for Texas, Oklahoma and to some degree, Texas A and M too.
Speaker 1: I would imagine we don't mind Texas A and M. I mean, we hate Texas. And my wife's from Oklahoma and we've I've become very close with to Oklahoma's But it's like, and I say it when we're on the air all over Texas, including in Austin, where a show does very well and that orange just makes me vomit. Now, do you hate it more once you come into Texas A and M or did you already go that's a pretty ugly.
Speaker 5: So it's really interesting.
Speaker 9: So I was at Bowling Green for five years in my life, and when I was there, their colors are orange and brown, and our head coach was adamant that any time we went out to clinics or meet people or anything, that we should wear orange because it would make us stand out. I think we loved and hated the orange all at the same time when we were together at Bowling Green, and so I have that in my past, and then obviously you come here and yeah, orange just doesn't exist in college station Texas, and so it kind of turns up the heat on it a little bit.
Speaker 1: What's a rivalry game feel like in the locker room? Because a lot of these kids, maybe they didn't grow up with as an A and M super fan their whole life hating Texas. But is it palpable, Like is there an understanding once they get there they're supposed to not like Texas or not like Oklahoma.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I really experienced it for the first time in the last two years at Duke with the Duke North Carolina game and before that, I probably would have told you, you know, I don't know how different they really are games or games, but through that Duke North Carolina like it was different, Like that week was different. The way that players responded acted, the feel in pregame meetings meals all of that stuff. There's just a different energy about the room. And then you know, you watch the game unfold and everyone plays their best, you know, across the board, and you just see a whole bunch of kids making a whole bunch of plays, right, And.
Speaker 5: Obviously that that rivalry centered.
Speaker 9: Around basketball, but certainly kind of expands to every other sport that gets played. And now you're going to take that same type of hatred between schools in a rivalry that's centered around football that hasn't been played in you know, twelve thirteen years, bring it back Thanksgiving weekend, and then you know, hopefully have two really highly ranked teams playing each other.
Speaker 5: And it'll be weird. It'll be something different, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have MRI machines there on campus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 9: We're actually fortunate in our university has them, and so we're able to utilize what we have at the university and you get our kids in on a drop of a dime whenever we need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to get one tomorrow, but it took like a week to get in. That's wonder if I was going to school there. I got an ankle. As your coach, you know, athlete, you know what it's like. And so I get this ankle.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what after, you can put me on your radio show like this. We'll as you come, use ours whenever you need it.
Speaker 1: The way there you go, and that's a long trip. Coach Eddie has a question for.
Speaker 2: You, Hey, coach, what do you know about the twelfth Man?
Speaker 4: Because I went to school at Samuston State, right down the road from it from College Station. And I was there at College Station one night and a drunk guy was telling me the story the legend of the twelfth Man. Where back in the day this you know, the team didn't have enough players to play, so they pulled a guy out of the crowds and I'll.
Speaker 2: Play and they played. They won the game. Is that even true?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, that's that's the real story. Yeah it was.
Speaker 9: It was back in the nineteen thirties and the team had gotten riddled with injuries, and you know, someone from the student body stepped up to volunteer and be ready, and ever since that they stand for the entire game at every football game, the entire student section, and it's it's kind of homage to that man.
Speaker 5: Being ready at all times.
Speaker 9: And so now you know, the idea is that the student section is the twelfth man for our football team and they stand ready at all times to help in whatever way they can. Now, in modern football, we have one hundred and forty players on our roster, needing one of the students to hop down out of the stand for us. But now it's it's a really cool thing. It's a huge piece of Texas A and M. It's a huge piece of art history and what we stand for. And if you haven't been to a game in Kyle Field or got to see it firsthand, it really is unique.
Speaker 5: It's really special.
Speaker 1: Coach, we got to talk about this Arkansas series in Dallas. I don't like it. It does not feel I like Jerry Jones liked the Cowboys. The stadiums, it's pretty, but it does not feel unique or college football. Lee like, what are we going to do to change this?
Speaker 9: I think this is the last year, So I think maybe you just saying it right there, we can say that's the reason why it's changed.
Speaker 5: I think this is.
Speaker 9: I think we're in Fayetteville next year, and I think we're back to playing on home campuses. And I was actually during the COVID year, we weren't able to play in in Cowboys Stadium and so they actually came to Kyle Field that year, so.
Speaker 5: I was part of one of those games. But now I think it's interesting.
Speaker 9: I think we've always we've always kind of joked as coaches, like the reason why we're playing this game is because no one could figure out who's going to tell Jerry we're not playing there and kind of keep doing it because that's just kind of how things go. But but no, I think I think it's both ways. I think obviously there's something about playing a college game on a college campus in a college stadium.
Speaker 5: Those environments are really.
Speaker 9: Special for your whole community, not just for the football team but just everybody who comes out to a college town for a Saturday in the fall. But at the same time, there's so many Texas kids involved in this game, and so many of them either grew up loving or hating the Cowboys because you have to do one or the other.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 9: You can't just kind of be neutral in the Cowboys. And so, you know, I do think there was always it was a cool idea. There's a lot of excitement when you play game in Cowboys Stadium. It's a great field, it's a great venue, and it is it is a little bit unique. It feels almost like one of those conference championship games where you have the split stands and every time there's a good play made, no matter who makes it, you know, the crowd kind of erupts, and so there is a little bit of unique cool part of it. But getting back on college CAMPUSS soon, I think we'll be good.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, I just want to voice I don't want to renew it. I don't want to renew it for any reason whatsoever. Also, because you guys have just been whooping Arkansas, I don't know it's a bad or it's been a bad run.
Speaker 5: So so when it comes up again, I'll put Jerry in touch with you. Yeah, both guys.
Speaker 9: You guys are both Arkansas guys, you're both big time people. Will let you guys kind of get together and you guys can figure out what the right thing to do is.
Speaker 1: Don't need to figure it already, got it, already, got it. I hate it. It's the worst. I was thinking, Coach, you said, you made a little comment that a little bit, I'm not supposed to like Texas A and M. And I'm just thinking I have no issue with Texas A and M. And maybe because I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, and I was thinking about this. I think I like Texas AM now because they hate Texas is how it's your Yeah, it's your enemy's enemy is your friend. And I think that's why I just had a therapy breakthrough right now as to why I've always had like this positive feeling about Texas A and M. And it's because you guys also want to beat the crap out of Texas. So it took you to get me there today.
Speaker 5: Coach, there you go. I appreciate it. So we've closed the loop.
Speaker 1: In your life for a while.
Speaker 2: We have fun.
Speaker 5: It's a good therapy session.
Speaker 1: Final three questions. Now, do you script any offensive plays going into any game?
Speaker 5: Do I personally know our offensive coordinator? Does?
Speaker 9: I probably get if he scripts fifteen to twenty, I probably get one to two. That are kind of my preferenceer liking, and I get to review it. That's probably the role that I play. But yeah, I think going into games, you want to have a plan of how.
Speaker 5: You wanted to go.
Speaker 9: You want your kids to feel real comfortable with what you know. The first part of the game is going to go. Like, there's so many emotions that go into the beginning of a college football game that the more comfortable they are with what's going to happen, I think the better they perform.
Speaker 1: So what do we think the first few players will be? Itsmara that Saturday.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's what we're going to do. The first one is going to be a double reverse flee flicker pass.
Speaker 9: Let me text this radio running down the sideline, So make sure you call Sam double let him know the secret scoop that's played one in the game Saturday.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Got that? What about defensively? Like, and again this is about any game specific, but there's no way to script defensive plays because you don't know what the offense is going to come out with. How do you get your defensive players ready for what they're probably about to see when you don't really know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably a little bit more of a challenge.
Speaker 9: I think, you know, the best thing you can do is try to be a predictor of how an offense is going to try to attack you or what they're going to try to do. And you know, over my I think I spent sixteen years as a defensive coordinator, and you try.
Speaker 5: To get it right more than you get it wrong.
Speaker 9: But it's it's it's not easy to try to be, you know, guessing what someone's going to do against you. So you do the best you can. Get your kids ready for everything, and then it's similar. You're just trying to get them into comfortable, comfortable situations that they know how to manage until you get a better feel or beat on what exactly is going to happen as the game plays out.
Speaker 2: Coach, did you go to the George Strait concert?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 9: I did my life and I went. We got a we got a box. It was, uh, you know, my daughter was with us. So my daughter was there for Parker McCollum because he's a huge Parker McCollum fan, so that was an added plus. And then we got to see George that night, and what a scene that was in Kyle.
Speaker 1: Coach, if you ever any tickets anything. I'm your boy now, like we're we're bros. Just let me know you.
Speaker 4: Think coaches, you think coach has a hard time getting tickets.
Speaker 1: No, but you never know if it's like his daughter needs tickets to go to something and he's like, I don't want to make the car. Like I'm here as a resource to you. Coach, you're my second favorite team playing this weekend.
Speaker 9: Well, so I will take that, and I will certainly take you up on that too, because you never you can never have too many people willing to help you get tickets to a venue. And so I'll flip it around and say, you guys ever want to come down to College Station for a game, I'm your guy. I can't help you many other places, but I good help with that here.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Coach.
Speaker 1: Last question, as far as this season goes, what do you tell your guys? The goal is obviously it's to win the conference. But do you talk college football playoff? Do you talk se championship, do you talk national championship?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I honestly this is going to sound like such coach speak, and I hate that I'm even saying this, but it's really the truth, like you just talk about the process of getting better every day, and it really is. And you know, kids nowadays, between social media and fans and message boards and all of the white noise that's really out there, they can get focused on so many things that aren't real and can drive them up and down and every which way but sideways, and so you really just try to give them something really palpable that they can focus on.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 9: We talk about things we need to improve on daily. We kind of make individual goals, team goals, and just try to keep it really really narrow and try to stay focused on it's right in front of your face, because in this day and age, you start picking your head up looking around and reading things or trying to talk about big picture things like that, and you can drive yourself crazy.
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to ask this question. There's no need to answer it. But what I'm not going to ask as a favor is anything in IIL related look at me gifting coach a non question. He thanks you, yeah, because I know coach is the last thing you want to talk about today with all that crap going on.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 9: Now I will say this though, because I do I do want to get my feelings on the record on this because I truly believe this and I was a good thing for the players.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 9: I think when you talk about how much money and how much revenue there is in major college football nowadays, it certainly is right that the players are getting a piece of it. Like a lot of my colleagues, it's just the system, Like it's just the fact that there isn't the system in place to manage it with any type of ability whatsoever for the players or for the coaches. It's just crazy, and that part of it is what needs fixed as fast as humanly possible.
Speaker 1: And even asked the question that's perfect a perfect answer. As we conclude this interview, I like say, thanks for your time. And we had drink on a little bit ago from Missouri, and when they finished their interviews they go, M I Z. And it scared me because I didn't know what he was doing. And Sam coach Patman will go, you know whoopig or everyone has what do you say gig them at the end of every interview or do you do one of those at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So so I try not to be as corny as coach fringlew. You do go who's a good who's a really good friend of mine to So I hope that gets on air in the years. Yeah, well but but no, we're we're a thanks and give them, gig them crowd. But I try not to overdo. I try not to overdo those types of things. I think when they're natural, to throw them out there, and when they're unnatural, you know, you just kind of let them go.
Speaker 1: Then I'll say, uh, this is how it'll play out. I'll say, coach, love having you, good luck every rest of the game except this weekend, and then you say your thing, and let's see how it feels. All right, here we go, coach. Yeah, I really appreciate the time. I like A and M good luck every game except this weekend.
Speaker 5: Thanks and gig them.
Speaker 1: Yeah so good good.
Speaker 2: That was not good of coach.
Speaker 1: All right, coach, I have to help everybody's healthy. Have a great weekend, and hopefully I'll see you again soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Guys, we think Travis Kelsey sucks because he party with Taylor Swift all year.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it's got to be. What else he's getting older?
Speaker 1: Yeah, to shape that age yeah, he isn't getting older, but.
Speaker 2: I mean the distractions, man, the distract I.
Speaker 1: Hate to jump on the bandwagon. It'd be like, I agree, but I think about me. If I'm distracted doing eight things, there's no way I can pour in the normal effort into the main thing if I'm doing all the eight things.
Speaker 2: And don't underestimate the power of love.
Speaker 1: I will not.
Speaker 4: When you're in love, man, like you don't even know what's going around going on around you.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelsey has face criticism for a slow start this football season. Is the Kansas City Chiefs although they are three and oh.
Speaker 6: I gotta say they're three and oh, and he's probably just saving himself for the postseason.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it. I hear you, And I think when you get older you do that. But I do think you can travel all around Europe all off season and you drink and your girlfriends, Taylor Swift, things are probably treated differently.
Speaker 4: He's been drinking for a while though, Yeah, but not like this traveling and drinking.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not working out as hard.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what.
Speaker 4: We don't know what he's been doing before, Taylor, Like we didn't there weren't cameras, but.
Speaker 1: He wasn't all over Europe. He's got one hundred million dollar podcasts. Now NFL analyst Rodney Harrison said Kelsey's performance is affected by distractions from his off field commitments like acting and podcasting. Chiefs colledback. Patrick Mahomes defended Kelsey. What you should have think it's focused on winning.
Speaker 2: Is he acting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's in the Adam Sandler I think.
Speaker 10: Commercials, Happy Go More too, commercials, commercials.
Speaker 1: I think he's in another movie too that let's say a serious I think you he's a host of a game show. Oh wow, you date Taylor Swift, you get a bunch of opportunities you don't get unless you date Taylor Swift. I'm sure it's a great thing to ever happen to him. Aside from the love like that, Travis Kelsey wants to be famous, like he's extremely thirsty for fame. But take that from somebody who also is. But I'm not saying that Taylor Swift thing isn't love. It probably is. I don't believe it's fake, but I'm saying that's the reward you get for that, and that's what he is reaping it because nobody really cared. What they cared about is Patrick Mahomes' tight end, Travis Kelsey, who also is really good, but it wasn't like he's at now he's Taylor Sw's boyfriend, so they got a lot of opportunities they canna get married probably. Wow, it's crazy. Out of all the dudes she's dated, she's like the one that you would never share.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Good for them though, but I do feel like if something's different that has been consistent over the past amount of years, which he's not hurt, which last year he was hurt the Lions game Game one, he didn't even play, but he's not hurt. But if something's different, that means something's different. So what's been different. Well, he's dating Taylor Swift, the most famous person in the world, and he's been all over Europe on tour.
Speaker 4: Good for him and the work, like, I mean, yeah, let's not free. Oh that's a lot of work TV shows hosting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Todd mcshade thinks Travis Kelsey is having a rough off season because he's party with Taylor Swift at it too on Riscilla. Yeah, yeah, it's so good. Yeah, it's funny, funny, Okay, let's look to a couple of big games. Real quick n CUAA preview Miami almost a twenty point favorite of Vision Attack. They're gonna kill Himo, cares Ole miss gonna kill Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Who cares Old miss undefeated? Right, they're really goody killing people.
Speaker 1: They really played anybody though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but so has a lot of other teams. But they're not killing like I mean, they're covering every spread. That's the only reason I know. Yeah, yeah, Old Missus maybe some killing.
Speaker 1: They're killing people, but they haven't played anybody yet.
Speaker 4: Like when I look at the parlay of the weekend, I always hit Old miss on there, I put Ole miss on there, and they like just they cover this man by so much.
Speaker 1: That's a famous lost words. Everybody, do not bet on All miss You just heard them saying since Kansas State, Okloma State, Notre Dame in Louisville. That's I can't believe Loibal is fifteen. Yeah, quietly huh uh huh. If you would have asked, just asked, hey, is Louisbell ranked, I don't. I don't think so. Texas a forty point favorite of Misissippi State. That's wild and that's his forty point favorite.
Speaker 2: I did watch Missippi State who they.
Speaker 5: Played this week?
Speaker 1: The quarterbacks out now, Yeah they're terrible. Ohio State is a twenty four point favorite at Michigan State, Georgia and Alabama Georgia two point favorite. Penn State nineteen point favorite over Illinois. The hilarious thing is Coach Bilama.
Speaker 10: He was like, white out what like like he didn't know, no, like they're doing a whiteout.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't know, I don't care, I don't care.
Speaker 2: What what does that do for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 1: He was going to come on this week. I had to cancel the I had a dog issue, but Uh, coach Bilom was gonna come on. Sucks. I couldn't get him on Utah eleven point favorite over Arizona. A Utah is that Zach Wilson's little brother. I don't know who's playing quarterback after uh Cam Cam Rising went down?
Speaker 2: No clue?
Speaker 1: Yeah Isaac Wilson. Yeah, I thought so played really well. Zack Wilson's brother Zach will now with the Broncos, but most famous from the Jets. Yes, I have a Zach Wilson signed Jets helmet behind me.
Speaker 2: Look at that He's.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't you could sell that for help much? And then Oregon is almost a twenty five point favorite at U C l A. So do we believe in Oregon again?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: I had a couple, had a couple little hiccups, but didn't lose twenty five units on it? You have twenty five or five units on it? Twenty five?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I got five units on it. Twenty five dollars, yeah, getting unit dollars.
Speaker 2: The units are confusing, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's look at the NFL Real Quick Falcons and Saints. That's an interesting game.
Speaker 2: That's a good game. I would have never thought that would be a good game.
Speaker 1: I never thought I would even care about it. That's an interesting game. Who are you picking in that one? I'm gonna go at the Saints.
Speaker 2: I think the Saints are rolling, dude.
Speaker 1: And even when they lost to the Eagles last week, like the Eagles had to like pull one out of their butthole for that one. Rams at Bears? The Rams are they have a partial team?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: They don't they have receivers?
Speaker 1: They have a partial team. No, they don't have their one or two and the I don't know, are the Bears getting better.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't either.
Speaker 1: It's hard to watch. They're in Chicago, so they're two and a half point favorite. Vikings of Packers. Packers. Is Jordan Love coming back this week?
Speaker 2: I think he's hopeful to Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't heard the latest.
Speaker 2: Not sure, but it's trending.
Speaker 1: Packers are two and a half point favorite over the three and o Vikings. They are in Green Bay. That tells me he loves playing. It tells me they think Love is probably playing. Yeah, because they're not going to do that with milk willis no Steelers. Two point favorites are the Colts, Jets, and Broncos. The Jets over a touchdown favorite.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: Oh, it sounds like a good game. Casey, let's go. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Eagles and Bucks. Eagles favorite, Bengals at Panthers. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Dalton coming back?
Speaker 1: And don't I want the Bengals women and yeah, man, Jags of Texans. Texas need that win. Jags need that win. If the Jags lose, it's it's not quick match.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On four, they're done. Peterson may get fired. Yeah, Oh that's tough. Commanders of Cardinals Patriots at forty nine Ers. The Niners are still a ten point.
Speaker 2: Favorite, even though they have no one.
Speaker 1: They're playing seven man football.
Speaker 2: Is Kittle still out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Browns and Raiders the game that nobody cares about. The Raiders are point a half favorite. Chiefs at Chargers. Chargers don't have a quarterback, right, don't know he's safety?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he suspended a game for like being an idiot, They breaking the rules.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: He got suspended for like constant neglect of safety rules or whatever. It was something like that. Art hits and yeah. And then Bills at Ravens. I think that's a Monday night game. That would be a good one.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that are good. Ravens kind of need that though, still so they don't go one in three, But the Bills probably.
Speaker 2: You think the Bills are the best team in football right now.
Speaker 1: I'd still take the Chiefs because they're the Chiefs. But if it were just if I didn't know anything about the histories of any team, I'd probably picked the Bills. Even that Bill's Cardinals game that was Week one, and you're like, dang, the Cardinals are but the Bills were just scoring now realized the Cardinals actually aren't that bad.
Speaker 2: They're sneaky good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that that's like an addition to the strength to schedule for the Bills now where it was do the Bills suck because the Cardinals are scoring so much? But now Kyler's back and Harrison's actually really good and all right cool. I think that's it. Thank you everybody, Thanks to the coaches for coming on today. Any eddie.
Speaker 4: I got a buddy of mine asked me like, hey, do you grill out when the Cowboys play?
Speaker 2: And I said no because I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be doing so, like what if like the meat still needs to be done and the games starting out like that?
Speaker 2: So we just ordered pizza.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to ask you guys, like, what do you what's your ideal game day to watch your team?
Speaker 2: Like no one at the house?
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate silence. I don't want anybody around me. I don't want to be text me. No, I don't want to be around me. I pace. I do push ups during commercials?
Speaker 2: Oh is that just for fitness or because.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to do something to remove the nervous energy. So what I will do is add fitness to that and I'll do push ups. I'm cool. I used to keep weights and do curls and shoulder lifts. Dang, dude, dude, I just have it. It's a nightmare.
Speaker 2: By the end of the game, it was jacked.
Speaker 1: There's a good pump. Yeah, there's a good pump. That's what I do. And I usually eat before unless it's a ten o'clock game, and then I'll probably wait till after. That's my day. No one, nobody. I want anybody around.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want anyone. I was like, hey, do you want somebody to come over for the Cowboys? We can invite something.
Speaker 1: No, my wife will win in the room. No, I'm by myself.
Speaker 2: She doesn't watch the games with you.
Speaker 1: She knows better. What about Oklahoma? You watch games with there sometimes, but she knows better that it will wreck my mood and I will not be good. So she just knows better for her, Like, why does she want to be around me? If I'm a nightmare and she knows it for winning that, I'm still like, I bet we're gonna blow this. So it's never positive because when it's good, I'm still like, I bet it's gonna be bad. And what's bad. It's just bad. That's the history of being a Razorback fan. I feel like a Jets fans what that feels like. I just always the next play is the next play is like the stick. That's like the stick when you that Marble's game where they all fall. Yeah, sticks out the next the next stick that's pulled. Yeah, that's my day. Kevin, What what were you saying? Yeah, I'm just excited for the Alabama Georgia game.
Speaker 8: I feel like it's given a little bit of a dud this year in USC in Michigan was pretty good last weekend. But I'm excited that an early game like that, early in the season that is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: It's weird that Saban's not involved in it because that's such a Saban Kirby Smart type situation. And de Boz really hasn't done anything yet. He hasn't really had He's only had three games, so it's not like he's had the ability to have a signature win of any kind yet. But this could be that for him, right for sure? You mean coach Debor Yeah, I'm thinking a mite, Yes, thank you. I have a little bit of brain free brain brain fog this morning.
Speaker 2: What what's his first name?
Speaker 1: You tell me.
Speaker 2: Think? Oh Kaylin Kaylen, Klen DeVore, hell of a coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I call him a bo's vois h read.
Speaker 2: I'm catching up with my fantasy here.
Speaker 1: So I got two guys that are questionable, so I'm gonna make sure that take them out.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So Reid is up scoring a bunch of points in law to me, like by nine points last week. But he had a player that was out and I went and looked at his bench to see if he would have put anybody and he still want to have lost.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but still I got to keep it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bad move. Come on, man, it's just a bad fantasy player. Bad fantasy player.
Speaker 6: Yes, so yeah, uh yeah, I gotta win this game this weekend against the Broncos. So we go play Sam Darnold in London next week three and one, three in a row, and uh yeah, playoff baseball around the corner. Got my Yankee Jersey on number one seed as of this recording. Let's go, this is our gotta keep on soda. Yeah, but we don't want a game against the Orioles.
Speaker 2: Uh not yet, not this series. But I still wrap, I still wrap. I see how it is that.
Speaker 1: Guys next week have fun about that parlay. I feel pretty good about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Feel pretty good.
Speaker 2: About it, all right? Make it here we go.
Speaker 1: Theme song written by Bobby Bones That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, video producer at Redrbary, and executive producer at Mike Diestro, but most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time. Here on twenty five whistles