Speaker 1: What's up. Welcome to Serial Killers. My guest today Cooper.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Andrew could not be here today. Andrew had a meeting. Andrew was very busy. I do thank Andrew for all his assistants today, but he had a split. So it's just me and Cooper. Today's Monday, April tenth, and this is Serial Killers. You're gonna say hello, Hello, that's it. So Cooper was at work here today with me because the Jonas brothers were here recording this on Friday. You know it's not live, and the Jonas brothers were here. So Cooper got to hang out with the Jonas brothers for a minute, watch them perform live their new song waffle House, right, yeah, my favorite restaurant of all time. So that was pretty cool. So this is just gonna be a quick episode. Cooper and I got to split, so I didn't want to leave you with nothing. So this is what we're gonna do today. Did you bring the milk? He did not bring the milk? All right, well we don't need milk for today's episode.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've been hanging on to these cereals for a minute, and today we're actually going to try them. So these are the what do you mean? See, I've got I think it's really weird when milk is powdered, Like as a kid. You don't remember, but as a kid they had Alba alb a. It was this powdered milk. It was in the aisle with the carnation stuff. And I never understood it was like Albu seventy seven or something like that. I never understood the powdered milk thing. But so both Kellogg's and Post came out with these cereals on the go. Post has Coco pebbles, fruity pebbles, honey bunches of oats. Kellogg's has frosted flakes, raisin bran, apple jacks, and fruit loops. So today we picked three of them. What do you want to start with?
Speaker 2: First, Cooper, We've got cocoa pebbels.
Speaker 1: Right, I said that, just oh yeah, So which one do you want to start with?
Speaker 2: None of them?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know. No, it sounds weird. If you get out of your mind that it's powdered milk, then you'll be okay, because I think it's kind of weird. Also, So let's start with Coco pebbles, all right, I know that it's not real milk. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Then what is it?
Speaker 1: It's powdered milk, So you're good. So so this is okay Go. It's Coco Pebbles. Oh, by the way, so Post had a little lawsuit thing with you. Do you know the band called okay Go? Sure they were the ones that were on the treadmills. No, no, you don't. Maybe I can wait a minute. We never started the show. It's Serial Killers seal. So I want to go into our I want to go into our little songs category here and see if you remember the song from okay Go. It was in a lot of TV commercials and they had they had two moderately big hits. Okay Go not even in the system. That's so funny, Oh, okay Go. I don't remember the name of the song. I can't believe that they're not in here whatever. And you would have pulled it up on YouTube, the whole thing, but I don't have it. So we're gonna try okay Go Coco Pebbles. It's from Post. It says just add cold water. Wow, that's really interesting looking. Okay So it's Cocoa Pebbles. Coated with powdered milk, so that almost kind of looks like the Kraft macaroni and cheese that you eat. No, yes, because it has that powder on it. It's starch. All right, you're gonna be grossed out. That's cool. Let's see is there a fill line? Well, I did.
Speaker 2: What he's doing.
Speaker 1: So it's cold milk. They want you to use cold milk. I had some room temperature milk, but I went down and I bought the big pollen spring. Don't don't look. If you don't look at it, you're gonna be fine. It smells just like cocoa pebbles. Okay, no, it does. It smells like what does it smell like? It smells like cocoa pebbles? Again, if you just get out of your mind that it's powdered milk. I could have just poured regular milk in here and you would have no idea. So you like coca pels, I know you do. I'm gonna let you try it first. Go ahead, take a spoon a little, a little less than that. If you're gonna, you know, just put it in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Seriously, dude, Okay, did chocolate tastes what are you doing.
Speaker 1: The chocolate tastes a little bit different. The consistency of the pebbles are not quite as crunchy.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like soggy.
Speaker 1: It's not soggy, but there's a different kind of crunch crunch crunch. Look, I mean this, it could might as well just be water. I can't really tell. It doesn't taste like milk. It's just coca pebbles and some sort of liquid.
Speaker 2: So zero bulls out of five bulls. Really, that was the most disgusting thing I ever ate in.
Speaker 1: You've had way more disgusting things than that.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't like like regular milk in general, and like powder milk just is not for me.
Speaker 1: I don't think that you're giving it a fair rating.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, one because it smells like cody pebbles.
Speaker 1: So one bowl because it smells like cocoa pebbles.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying that it's a good thing. That's why it gets a point.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a five bowl scale, you know how it works. Three So three balls because it tastes like coco pebbles.
Speaker 2: Two bowls.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, you're all over the road. I'm gonna give it four bowls. I love Coco Pebbles. Coca Pebbles is a five bowl cereal all day. It's a little bit different because it's not actual milk in there, and I feel like the pebbles themselves are slightly different than your regular run of the mill in the box pebbles. So I'm giving it four bowls for.
Speaker 2: My honest, freeding I'm gonna have to go.
Speaker 1: Barely even touched it with your tongue. Dude, Seriously, this is your spoon right here. I just take a little bit take it. You eat Coco pebbles, You're such a weird Oh.
Speaker 2: It's not there. The flavor is not there. That's the one.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you come on? Really, you're spitting it out. I can't, I can't. I almost want to just not do this episode because you're not being right. You're not being you're not being honest.
Speaker 2: I am. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine, I'll give you that. So okay. So if you were to pick fruit frosted flakes or fruit loops, which is your favorite of the two, because I know you eat them both, so you want to try fruit loops, so you know what fruit loops taste like. Okay, add water and stir to create real milk.
Speaker 2: So we should try it before. Okay, wait, so just a little comparison. This one does not have the white stuff as much as the other one. So I'm gonna try it first. It tastes like a free puble.
Speaker 1: No it doesn't. It tastes like a fruit loop.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 1: It's not the same thing, Come on.
Speaker 2: Andrew, Okay, tell me why it's not.
Speaker 1: Because it's a different brand and it's a different flavor. Right, So I'm gonna fill it with water up to see. This one has the fill line on the inside.
Speaker 2: But I just don't understand if there's not any powdered milk. Hows you can turn it in.
Speaker 1: The bottom here? Can you just clean that off with your mouth? Thanks? Talcout you right? No, oh, there's the powder there it is. Look, it's coming up from the bottom. It's bubbling.
Speaker 2: I do not recommend why.
Speaker 1: Just because of the way. Look, I get it. It's a little bit of a turn off. I totally understand it. But it is making milk right now.
Speaker 2: Just a disclaimer if you're gonna try this, just like, beware of what there's like chunks of condensed milk of picky kid syndrome? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that? What is that what you're warning people of?
Speaker 2: So if you are a picky eater, then don't eat this.
Speaker 1: Well, see it's all in your head. If you just get a regular cup like this of frosted of fruit loops and put regularly, what are you doing, dude? Please stop messing around? All right, fruit loops instaball from Kellogg's. Just want to taste a little bit more like milk. Go ahead, all right, dude, you were the biggest drama queen. I don't even know why I'm doing this with you. I should call somebody else in here. You really are a drama queen. It's fruit loops, dude.
Speaker 2: So I do taste that milk in there, and I definitely taste more milky than the of them. But honestly, this one's actually a bit better than the other one. So I would rate this three bowls because the only reason is because it tastes like fruit loops, and I like the milk flavor is there.
Speaker 1: You know, the milk in this one is a little bit creamier than in the cocoa pebbles, So I think Kelloggs did a little better job with the powdered milk. I'm going to give this four bawls. It's good. It's still uh, kind of weird, but it's good. I don't know, I don't know. I guess who's taking these on the road.
Speaker 2: With water, because when you're in a car, your water's not gonna be freezing cold. It's just gonna be like room temperature because you don't have a fridge.
Speaker 1: Far And I think that that's one major component of these cereals is the milk has to be very The water that you put in here has to be really cold. It even says, add cold milk. I wouldn't try it with the room temperature water because that's kind of like.
Speaker 2: Warm milk, which is like spoiled milk.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, you know what, coops, why don't we take a break and we'll be back right after this. Dun dunt, dunt, dunt, dunt dunt. Oh vay, what are you doing? You don't want to give an eleven year old controls of a radio station. So just yeah, oh, what's going on over here? Okay, no, no, no, don't don't do that. Don't do that, don't do that, and we're back. So back with Kellogg's instables. This is the frosted flakes one. Is Tony even on there? Yeah, where's Tony? Tony's on the lid. Wow, that's kinda weird that Tony's not on the actual bowl, but he's on the lid. You want to peel the top of all.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, because I haven't been able to do the last two. So this one we actually did shake it. It smells not too great, but we actually shook it.
Speaker 1: It's it smells like spoiled milk. It's weird exactly. So all right, I added the water to the fill line. Where's my spoon? These are available in your targets and walmarts and some supermarkets have them as well. It's just weird because it appears like as you're mixing it, it just looks like curdled milk, which is not all that appetizing. But it's the taste really that matters. So this is frosted Flakes. The milk is there now, the water's all mixed in, no more chunks. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Let's give you a close up. Is what it looks like. So you guys, don't all I mean, so you know, what's your ratings? Of this, Sir birls going in for a second spoon.
Speaker 1: Here's like frosted flakes. This one actually tastes like it's cream It's very it's creamy almost. I don't want I think it's it's more my brain just kind of messing with me because I'm knowing that it's powdered milk in here. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I don't really love it. I'm gonna give it two bowls in a spoon. Are you gonna You're gonna even try it? So, but you didn't even try it. You know you have to try the cereal. This is a cereal podcast. You didn't eat it. You're a giant liar and a huge faker. Just have a flake. Come on, gang, it's a frosted flake. You eat frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: So now, knowing that it's like powdered milk, it's not my thing. So onuebowle, Okay, cool, We're back to the napkin.
Speaker 1: Great. So she's spitting everything out this, I mean, this is a drama queen that's sitting right next to me. So everything is just a bit exaggerated, but overall it's an interesting concept, but I don't believe that they're going to be around for a long time because I don't think people are going to kind of grasp the concept of pouring water in and making milk because it's just kind of a inconvenience. No, it's not an it's actually very convenient. It's just kind of gross.
Speaker 2: So so sorry that we do not have a bonus cereal for this episode. He's not very.
Speaker 1: Much in shut like you literally just spit cereal on my arm.
Speaker 2: He's not very much in that mindset right now. So that's why we do not have a bonus cereal for y'all today, but an upcoming episode we will.
Speaker 1: So this is not TikTok. Thank you very much for listening to Cereal Ki. I can't. I really don't even want to put this episode up, but I don't want you to have nothing, so here we go. Thank you for joining me today. Cooper, very much appreciate it. Love your purple pink hair. It's pink, it's pink. Looks good.
Speaker 2: Do not listen to him, he does not know what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Serial.
Speaker 2: Killers Wednesday's Kids. Am I right?
Speaker 1: Andrew will be back I'm not really a seventies kid. I'm an eighties kid.
Speaker 2: You were born in nineteen seventy six. Five, Yeah, that's so you.
Speaker 1: Were five, right, But you know a five year old, I'm more of an eighties kid. That's my generation, just like a two thousand teens were yours.
Speaker 2: Ye, he is an eighties kid. So sometimes you had some swings on.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platforms Cereal serial Killers PC. Check out our website serial KILLERSPC dot com. I must get out of here right now. See Crunch, Cooper Crunch. Okay, this ain't your thing, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm so good at this. Everyone's gonna love me.