Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, joke Getty arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: That all the projects, the projects, the benefits. How do you lead the world with having that best instruction?
Speaker 2: How do you lead the world having been out him in the best healthcare role?
Speaker 3: How do you lead the world without having the best education? How do you lead the world and you don't have that done?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is there a transcript?
Speaker 4: Okay, so we'll get back to our very very Catholic former president and just second, so we got some Pope stuff coming up this hour. We got a late night joke Pope off or Pope joke off, because they all make jokes about the Pope.
Speaker 2: I'm un comfortable with that phrase. Go on. Yeah, you gotta be very careful.
Speaker 4: I should say it's slower than for instance, Biden talked just a moment ago.
Speaker 2: Actually that was a Biden esque delivery.
Speaker 4: We won the Pope World Cup USA USA. So we got some stuff on that coming up a little bit later. But we brought you Mark Alpern's reporting last hour. Why is Joe Biden on the view why did he do it interview at the BBC last weekend? Why was he on the View yesterday talking about his memoirs. They are broke. The family is broke, the Biden crime family who got into government, probably for good reasons eventually and then decided, hey, we can all live like we're wealthy the.
Speaker 2: Rest of our lives.
Speaker 4: Apparently spent every set they made or had coming in and they are broke. So they're getting no speech offers.
Speaker 1: So the idea bet they had budgeted substantially. I mean, how much money did Hillary Clinton make? And Bill my god, they brought in tens of millions of Donald Well Halprin.
Speaker 4: Actually used the figure of eight hundred thousand dollars a speech.
Speaker 2: A speech offers.
Speaker 4: That's the sort of thing you get when you're an ex president.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and yes, and he's.
Speaker 1: Getting better if you're running a phony foundation. Yes, all right, right, and he's getting zero of those.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 4: So they had counted on, oh, well, you know, my my retirement, I'll you know, I'll do ten of the easy year or whatever, and we'll continue to have our lakeside homes and ocean side this and that and.
Speaker 2: Play that clip again. So listen to this. This is the guy. So you got two things.
Speaker 4: You've got the damage he's doing to himself and the party and a reputation and all.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff. But this is the This guy's gonna come give a speech.
Speaker 3: All the the project, the benefits. How do you lead the world having best instructions? How do you need the world having been out the best healthcare?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: How do you need the world without having the best education? How do you lead the world and you have that done?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they're appears to be a triumvirate of motivations here. And I use that word to sound fancy. It means three of something after number one. They are desperate for the cash. That is fascinating. Smart Calprin does not make stuff you're so excited about that. I know that is a character flaws.
Speaker 4: It is it is, And now with a new American pope, I should be more magnanimous. But I'm going to enjoy this watching this unfold.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're gonna send, get your money's worth right anyway.
Speaker 2: So that is clearly one of the motivations.
Speaker 1: The second one is to shape his legacy, because if you look around and just kind of you know, put your nose in the air and your finger in the air, and then look and listen. How's how's the old legacy taking shape of You would not like what you're hearing at all, So they've decided to go on the offensive. And to that end, I think this is the best time for that. This is long, but I don't think you get a full appreciation of how sad it is without the length. So Michael, go ahead and enroll eighty three. This is from the Unwatchable the view the other.
Speaker 2: Day, mister President.
Speaker 5: Since you left office, there have been a number of books that have come out, deeply sourced from democratic sources, that claim in your final year there was a dramatic decline in your cognitive abilities in the final year of your presidency. What is your response to these allegations? Are these sources wrong?
Speaker 3: They are wrong. There's nothing to sustain that number one. Number two, You know, think.
Speaker 2: Of what we're left with.
Speaker 3: We left for the circumstance where we had an insurrection, I started nonsense of civil war. We had a circumstance where we are in a position that well in the pandemic because of the incompetence of the last out fit end up over a million people dying, million people dying. And we're also in a situation where we found ourselves unable to deal with a lot of just basic issues. And I won't go into him in interest thoughts. And so we went to work and we got it done. And you know, one of the things that that well, I'm.
Speaker 6: Well and listen, you know, one of the things I think is that the people who wrote those books were not in the White House with us, and they didn't see how hard Joe worked every single day. I mean he'd get up, he put in a full day, and then at night he would I'd be in bed, you know, reading my book, and he was still on the phone.
Speaker 1: She has to take over answering. Everybody says, you're senile, what's the story? Because he can't answer.
Speaker 4: It, well, he launches into some completely irrelevant things that have nothing to do with the question.
Speaker 2: And while he's talking some of the.
Speaker 1: Go to cliches. We got the job done, we got to work. We did the work, all right, We'll last outfit.
Speaker 4: So not to lean on this too much, but Mark Calpernon went on in his commentary on this on the view, Joe Biden denied that she limited access to her husband while he was president. Her denials quote are just not true on the face of it, but that's what she said. Joe Biden said if he would have won, if he'd ha stayed on the ticket. There's no evidence of that anywhere, says Mark Calprin. Did he help whatever goals he has by going on the View? I can see no discernible way in which that appearance helped him. That's the crazy part that there's nobody to tell them you're only making things worse. It made things worse on BBC than three days later you go on the View and he made things worse again. And if you're planning to do sixty minutes or I don't know what your next plan is, you're gonna make it even worse.
Speaker 1: So the third leg of this stool of delusion, as pointed out by JT and Livermore, Joe Biden has zero remaining loyalty to the Democratic Party after he is backstabbed by all his closest friends Pelusy and Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Clooney, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Backstabb I don't know if that's fair. I mean, it's it's somewhat accurate.
Speaker 4: But they would have been really bad Americans to that force him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fair point, right, And then he writes, Oh, and he sent along this headline from Radar Online. Joe Biden's thirty million dollar revenge explosive secret White House Diaries could be turned into tell all book with Joe's enemies in her sights.
Speaker 2: Dear Diary. Joe wandered off again tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even absence the enemy's list, nobody in the Biden family seems to have any limit on what they'll do for money. This embarrassing array of interviews is just a shameless Blney stunt designed to increase interest in the behind the scenes details of the Biden train wreck that was the Biden presidency. And if you need further proof, JT writes, look at Jill's first prepared statement following one of Biden's many failed utterances. Jill claimed the quote, none of the books to date were from people in the White House.
Speaker 2: I was in that clip we just played. That's a pretty odd.
Speaker 1: Thing to say, especially since some of the details have come from people like ron Klain, Biden's chief of staff. And he points out that is also something you might say if you're planning to endorse or write an insider's account saying none of these other accounts were from insiders.
Speaker 2: Even though they all were.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, so it's greed slash desperation for cash, legacy shaping, and the final vengeance from beyond the grave.
Speaker 2: I'm oh, I'm told still short of the grave? All right?
Speaker 1: Come on, vengeance from just short of the grave. That's the three legged stool of Biden delusion, vengeance grave adjacent.
Speaker 4: Exactly if I can let go of my glee for a little bit and bring out some humanity which must be in there somewhere, it is wondered. Is it is really kind of sad? I mean he worked hard every day. I'm sure he did. There are a lot of dementia ridden old people getting up and trying their hardest. They just can't function because brains don't work anymore.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: And if you take the gig of lotus, yeah, you're gonna do some work you ought to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure he was off to my neck.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he was up late reading and it made no dent in his brain because his brain no longer can hold onto this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was the clip we played? Yesterday to get into the deal. Michael, the angry Biden.
Speaker 3: Work unless you want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna get a tattoo of that on my chest.
Speaker 2: It's probably that's probably an that's probably like two years ago.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, come it.
Speaker 2: Mesh for them.
Speaker 3: Wa unless you want to.
Speaker 2: Get a get a tattoo of that with an eagle. It's probably enough of that. Let's turn to godliness. Huh that we got to talk about the Pope.
Speaker 4: And I want to tell you about whooping cough because I don't want you to get whooping off.
Speaker 1: No, and and listen there's mentioning babies die of it. Oh yeah, it's ain't good for children, infants. It's a horrifying disease from adult for adults. It's no bargain.
Speaker 4: Clearly you don't want it, and it's out there for a variety of reasons more than it has been in the past.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 4: Uh, some of the details on it are kind of interesting. And we've got pope stuff.
Speaker 2: Stay here and honor Mother's Day.
Speaker 8: KFC is offering free delivery on all digital orders, so why not give the gift that will have her saying where did I go wrong?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 2: Your chickens here, I love you, and delivery was free. So, oh boy.
Speaker 4: I sent my son to the store on his bike yesterday, went and got a gallon of milk we needed, and I let him keep the change on the money I gave him, and I said I would adoor dashed it. I'd rather give the money to you. So he rode the bike over there. I had a really good time, like making a little money. It worked out just great.
Speaker 1: Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I wanted to mention this because we haven't mentioned this yet.
Speaker 4: Trump it looks like is backing off the whole Chinese tariffs thing. Exclusive story from the New York Post broke yesterday. Now there's some reporting to back it up. The Trump administration is weighing a plan to slash the one hundred and forty five percent tariff by more than half as soon as Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: So, like Joe said earlier, maybe this was the plan all along. And you know, when you're negotiating, you have to keep your cards closed. Or it wasn't and he's getting rattler who knows what. But so it doesn't look like we're gonna be doing this for long.
Speaker 1: They are making a hell of a lot of noise about a very low hanging fruit deal with the Brits another example of maybe some rethinking going on.
Speaker 2: But more on that to come.
Speaker 4: So I got whooping cough. I got diagnosed by the doctor yesterday. I have heard of whooping cough, and when my kids were little, I was really aware that it's a really bad thing for your kids to get.
Speaker 2: But I've never thought about whooping cough in my life.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever known in another adult who had whooping cough. It's got kind of an old timey I'm a gold pantered sound to it, you know, from the eighteen.
Speaker 2: Fifties, whooping cough.
Speaker 4: But I got whooping cough, and so I got some information on it from the doctor from you know, your best site, CDC, and uh, what's that the doctor up the place up there in Minnesota. I've actually been Thereo Clinic, Mayo Clinic. You're whooping cough incredibly contagious, and we got a lot more of it here in twenty two, twenty five than we do have most years. Unfortunately, it's really really contagious. I'm past the contagious part to thank God. So I'm glad Michael you didn't get it three weeks ago when I was contagious.
Speaker 2: I've had it for over a month.
Speaker 4: Most people who say it's the worst cough of their lives, well, that's fantastic. H can last for up to ten weeks, so two and a half months, so I'm over a month in, but.
Speaker 2: I might be not even halfway there. Here's the best part that I like.
Speaker 4: The cough generally gets worse and becomes more common as you go along, So my cough is going to get stronger and more prevalent as I get further.
Speaker 2: Into the two and a half months.
Speaker 4: If it ends up going that direction, y it's called whooping cough because you make a high pitched woof when you inhale after a coughing fit, and I have done that. I mentioned I was laying in bed the other day and I kept hearing this weird wi wei and I was like, where is that coming from? It was my lungs. I didn't even realize it.
Speaker 2: And many people you have.
Speaker 1: A horse who lives in your guest bedroom, sometimes he winies.
Speaker 4: Many people vomit during or after a coughing fit, so that's fun. If you're at somebody's house and you go to coughing like crazy and then vombit all over.
Speaker 2: That's a funny.
Speaker 4: Guest tech, thanks for coming by. It makes you very tired after a coughing fit. You'll have difficulty sleeping at night. I did not sleep one minute last night. People struggled to breathe. It's not uncommon at all to break a rib while you're doing this.
Speaker 2: You should. I just found this out yesterday.
Speaker 4: If you haven't had your tea DAP since you were like twelve years older the last time you got it that shot because my son just had his couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Actually, you should get another one.
Speaker 4: I'm supposed to get another one and I'll keep you from getting this freaking whooping cough.
Speaker 2: You don't want it. It's really unpleasant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my doc mentioned it to me the last time I saw him, and I just have dragged my feet just you know, it's just the right time to call up and didn't get you right.
Speaker 4: That's just I mean, it's just the way you live your life, Joe. You're not running into people all the time. We have freaking whooping cough, at least I'm not.
Speaker 2: I never have Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I dragged my feet on getting these shingles vaccine as an older fellow until a good friend of mine got an absolutely tortuous case of it. So that's that's the function my friends have for me. I use my friends like miners use canaries in colt. Let me know what terrible diseases are about, right to protect me.
Speaker 2: That's right. I almost went down the other day. I had a coughing fit and I just could not stop. But I haven't vomited yet.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what a horrible symptom that is hanging around in a backyard barbecue. Don't worry, I'm not contagious. Cough cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, some more vomit.
Speaker 1: Wow, and then pick comes out or something. Yeah, it's interesting. It's it's combined with diphtheria and titanus, which is uh. I mean, tetanus is obviously not you know, some sort of it's a disease, I guess, but it's so different anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh, I gotta go get jabs. Thanks for the recommendation. Yeah, I who knew? And do you?
Speaker 1: CDC recommends adults get follow up doses every decade.
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't had one since I was My mom said, I got you the shot when you were a baby, which I'm glad you did. That was sixty years ago, so apparently I'm behind you said. There's more of it going on right now, though, So why is that? Yeah, the cases have doubled in the last year.
Speaker 1: Whooping cough tends to peek in the spring and fall, usually spread through respiratory droplets. Experts say the outbreaks of vaccine preventable illnesses again that word is provincial, like measles and whooping cough, could be indicative of changing attitudes toward vaccines. US kindergarten vaccination rates fell last year and the number of children with vaccine exemptions.
Speaker 2: Hitting all time high.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you got measles and pertussis, which is the real name for ooping cough.
Speaker 4: I think I'm going to call pertussis. That sounds better than whooping cough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is kind of an old timy nickname because back in the in the Prairie they didn't know exactly how to describe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the whoop or you can get coughed on by a disc jockey, that might be the way you get it.
Speaker 2: I hope. I didn't get it to anybody.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, if you ever use that term again, I'll give you something'll whoop about. Here's this doctor at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia pointing out when you fall below a ninety five percent for vaccinations, you lose herd immunity protection.
Speaker 2: Wow. Keep it in mind, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: I don't think you can have comparison to a sporting event, a concert, a political rally. There was nothing like that. And there was a moment where you found folks who were and they're dealing with a mix of emotions. You have people are still feeling Pope Francis's laws, so they're in tears and yet smiles all at the same time. It was it's difficult still to describe it.
Speaker 4: The reaction of people, and then the reaction of the media to the whole Pulpe story has got me somewhat perplexed. I just wonder if there's a longing out there for something like this, whether it's God or religion or tradition or something more solid than a tweet.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know what it is. Such an intriguing question. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess I had just been attributing the enormous amount of attention to it. Well, Catholicism is still you know, the world's just religion, and the mainstream media full of lemmings who just do what they think they're supposed to do. And and you've always covered pope choosings and the rest of it people conclaves whatever, or.
Speaker 2: Pope choosings if you prefer.
Speaker 1: But I think you strike at a really really interesting question.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I need to contemplate it perfectly.
Speaker 4: How does the rest of the world feel about an American pope? I was just watching some video up there of like kids in.
Speaker 2: Don't feel what we tell them to feel. That's the way that was belligerent. That that was belligerent and appropriate.
Speaker 4: So I was watching kids in Catholic schools across the United States just cheering like crazy and waving flags and stuff like that. And one of the reasons there's never been an American pope one we're very new country by Catholic Church standards, since.
Speaker 2: It's been around for over two thousand years, and.
Speaker 4: Just the idea of the United States dominating everything, military, economy, culture, and now you got the pope.
Speaker 2: I think just often seemed like too much, but here we are. Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 4: Of course, it was the big news of the day for the late night comics. Also an exciting day for Joe's got to make up the rules to the rules? Well right, yeah, it's a late night joke off. We've got multiple comedians doing jokes on the same topic. I joke Eddy will grade each of their efforts in the bottom grade. Getter will be banned from comedy for life, deservedly, let's hear it.
Speaker 10: An exciting day for Catholics and for America. We have a new pope, and against all odds, here is one of us Hurrican pope. The popemobile is now a Ford F two fifty truck up.
Speaker 8: The Catholic Church today elected a new Pope, a sixty nine year old American cardinal named Robert Pramos, who was born in Chicago. So that white smoke might have just been from the brats on the grill.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: An American cardinal from Chicago was chosen today to be the next Pope. You can tell he's from Chicago because he entered to this music.
Speaker 7: Oh why not?
Speaker 11: The new prope actually graduated from villan Nova University, it's it's wild that we have a pope who might have done a cake stand outside an Eagles game, and that I might have.
Speaker 7: It's not just that that Leo is an American.
Speaker 2: He was born in Chicago.
Speaker 7: This means this means officially, I couldn't no longer imitate the Pope.
Speaker 2: Using an Italian accent.
Speaker 7: From now on, the Pope's gonna sound like this, Hey, Air, is your buddy Leo the deep dish popa just talk to God and not even he can help the White Sox. Sorry, first order of business, I will be canonizing Michael Jordan. Now let's end by saying, duh prayers.
Speaker 2: You know what this is.
Speaker 1: This is tough Fallon with a B minuses in the bottom and he's a likable chap, but he has to be banned for life. Kimmel with an A minus, Myers with a solid bee, Colbert with a B plus. He saved it at the end as a native Chicago in his Chicago accent.
Speaker 2: Was slightly annoying, but he saved it at the end. He's from Chicago, Colbert, is I think? Yeah? He's also he's also a devout Catholic. Oh is that right? Yeah? Which is prayers. That's pretty funny. It is canonizing Michael Jordan. Well done, sir.
Speaker 4: So how did this guy end up being pope? An American and everything like that? I thought this from ABC News last night, from people that have known him, whether classmates or family.
Speaker 2: I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 12: The youngest of three boys, Robert Prevost, knew early on he would be a priest.
Speaker 2: Some people play school or some people play army. He played priest and we had to go to mass.
Speaker 12: Woman down the street said he would be the first American pope in first grade.
Speaker 2: They said that first grade. Huh. Lou says. They used to tease him about it. We used to, you know, tease him, You're going to be the pope one day? Haha? Is that? You know? It just had it about him.
Speaker 12: Pope Leo graduated from Villanova University. Jim Priestley went to high school and college with the new Pope. Back then, they called him Bob.
Speaker 3: Bob is the one guy that if you were going to pick a person in your class who was going to become the Pope, Bob would be the person.
Speaker 2: His buddy's name is Priestley.
Speaker 4: I just find that's interesting that he knew people throughout his life, who thought, Oh yeah, I mean, if and he's gonna be anybody I know is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a pope, it's gonna be him. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean there's lots of stories of you know, us presidents we've had that had similar uh backgrounds, where people's all, he's gonna be president someday.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I've known somebody like that, but it must be something, hope.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's that's Uh, I want to use the term weird.
Speaker 2: It's uh, that'd be a good idea to use the term weird. Well, no, it makes you wonder.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you, what did he have? Was it the spark of the divine? And that's what I'm mean telling Yeah, I do believe it's a calling. I mean, it's a vocation, a calling of some sort, clearly, uh, and he felt it young. The fact that he was the sort of guy that not.
Speaker 4: Only people thought, you know, of course you're going to be a priest, you're gonna be the pope is really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no kidding, m he does.
Speaker 4: So I brought this up ler in the week. I'm still surprised that as secular as we've become and cynical as the media is, and as much as the media hates mainstream religion and the sort of people who are religious in general, that there hasn't been more talk about the Catholic Church sex scandal during this whole couple of weeks of one pope, guys, and we get another pope. But this new pope has like all, like everybody at a high level in the Catholic Church pretty much it's almost impossible to not be tainted at some point by the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I was going through his Wikipedia page yesterday.
Speaker 4: He's got some stuff in his background where he kept the guy around. It looks like and just kind of hit a person and you know, swept it under the rug, because that's what every big did for so long. There's really nobody over the age of probably fifty in the Catholic Church it's not tainted by the scandal somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to a little extents or a lot. Yeah, that's interesting, just the whole view that well, it's it's a sin and a weakness. But let's not let's not get all criminal justice ses to me about let's not get hysterical about pressions.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly. Anyway, what do you think this?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of predictions yesterday about how the whole thing will go down between the Pope and Trump, that there might be a lot more direct uh conversation through the media with each other because it is the American Pope. Although the American Pope I don't think he said a word of English yesterday. He spoke Italian, he spoke Latin and something else. Oh, Spanish, Spanish app but he did not Spanish.
Speaker 2: Spent much of his career in the U in Central and South America. I guess. Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the over under for miracles is. It probably won't be on Prize Picks. They stick with sports. But the Prize Picks app is the best place to get in on the action of the NBA playoffs, for instance, whether it's points rebounds are a sin. You just choose more or less on two to six player projections for your shot to.
Speaker 2: Win up to two thousand times your cash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're more or less on whether or not the Warriors can win without Steph Curry is a little rough after last night, but you should.
Speaker 2: Download the Price Pick app today.
Speaker 4: Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That code armstrong gets you fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: So you get started today, and.
Speaker 1: Maybe like me, you're a big bazy Bowl fan and you got a theory on Aaron Judge and the Yankees, for instance, who's hitting like Babe Ruth. Go ahead and combine different sports with your lineup. That's fine. Again, it's just two players or more withdrawals fast saving to scare some hitting your account as little as fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 1: Use that code armstrong to get fifty bucks to instantly after you play just a five dollars lineup. That's the code armstrong to get fifty bucks instantly after you play a five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks run your game.
Speaker 4: One more thing in the Pope for me is there's a great need in the mainstream media for Francis and any new pope to be really liberal, you know, socially liberal sort of people and change the church. And they always act like that's happening or hope that that's happening. But here's a little background on the new American Pope.
Speaker 13: The new Pope does not believe in the ordainment of women. He supported a declaration by the late Pope Francis to permit blessings for same sex couples, although he says it needs to act in unison with local contacts and cultures. He has called on the Church to take greater action against climate change, and his stance on communion for the divorce and on restricting the traditional Latin mass remain unclear at this point.
Speaker 4: Touch so hardcore life begins at conception. I'm probably not going to budge on that, So I wouldn't if I'm a certain sort of person, I wouldn't get too excited that he's about to like really redo the way Catholics look at some of the big issues.
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, nor should he in my opinion. But yeah, interesting, a lot of those other doctrinal things, you know, sacraments for the divorced and all just serious, could not care less but for the fundamental issues of what is life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's go ahead and hang with the traditional let's serve us pretty well in my opinion.
Speaker 4: But Yeah, he's not a fan of what's the thing they're doing up in Canada?
Speaker 2: You subsisted suicide suicide, which may be the greatest.
Speaker 1: Example of unintended consequences I've ever witnessed, and I've witnessed a few how that tends to creep and become perverse and it's it reminds me of like the decriminalization of hard drugs that from a strictly libertarian point of view, sounds promising or at least worth, you know, exploring in practice, it's a miserable failure, miserable with repercussions and an infection that spreads throughout society.
Speaker 4: I'm glad our fifty first state Canada was able to be a laboratory of democracy there on the whole assistant suicide and we can see how it's playing.
Speaker 2: Out not well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but nobody's paying attention. You don't think, No, it's growing in the United States. There are more states considering it really assistant SUICIDEA absolutely wow. I don't have the list in front of me, but yeah. That's the thing about a progressive policies in particular, is the facts, the history, the precedents, the experiences of other folks who've tried it are they're not even entering. They don't even enter into the picture. It's merely a question of does this sound good and does it make me feel enlightened. That's one of the things that makes me insane about progressivism.
Speaker 4: So if I can throw out one annoying thing for you, if you're too not annoyed enough about the whole Pope deal. The Pope, the new Pope did have some tweet apparently in the last couple of years, unhappy with Trump's America first cutting back on a sort of thing, so he might get into that battle with Trump, which I will find highly annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not everything in world is Trump versus not Trump.
Speaker 4: I left out my point, my point being I sure hope he wasn't elected to be a counterbalance to Trump. That that was I hope it's because everybody has ever known him thought, man, you ought to be the Pope. You're a good guy, and not because we need somehow to battle Trump.
Speaker 1: And it's like TDS got into the Vatican right right, final and we probably don't need all of this. But I got to here at Michael thirty five.
Speaker 14: Please, Terry, you know something you said struck me that he was a Cubs fan from the South side of Chicago, and yet you hear him the Vatican described for his quiet, humble way. That's that's perhaps how you survived being a Cubs fan from the south side.
Speaker 2: That's a great point, David. And another thing to it, No, because he's.
Speaker 1: A coup killed acquit. And then thirty six this is his damn brother.
Speaker 2: The one oppressing question people here in Chicago want to know seven sorry, thirty seven.
Speaker 3: The Cubs and White Sox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was never ever a Cubs fan, So I don't know where that came from.
Speaker 1: ABC News continues to cover itself with glory.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait to be there on the ground at the Vatican for an entire week with Waald Wall coverage and then just jump the conclusions and.
Speaker 2: Be really wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find that hilarious. It's interesting though. He did come from a mixed race household. His mother was a Cubs fan and his father was a White Sox fan. If you're a Chicago and you get that, h yeah, it's it's amazing they kept the marriage together.
Speaker 4: Hey, Pop Bias, quick, first miracle, get rid of my whooping cough. That'd be cool. Did you do that, just like lay your hand on my shoulders or anything. Whatever it takes exactly, maybe punching the jar.
Speaker 12: Today's agreement with the UK is the first and a series of agreements on trade that my administration has been.
Speaker 3: Negotiating over the past four weeks.
Speaker 2: With this deal, the UK joins the United.
Speaker 12: States and affirming that reciprocity and fairness is an essential and vital principle of internet trade.
Speaker 2: I would not make too much of the UK deal.
Speaker 1: It was extremely low hanging fruit with a country that's a longtime friend and ally we have a trade surplus with them.
Speaker 4: They have very very low tariffs for much I was worried about my figgy putting doubling in price.
Speaker 1: Well, now you don't have to worry about it, so markets chairs.
Speaker 2: The US strikes a deal with the UK. Interesting.
Speaker 1: The Wall Street Journal editorial board headline was Trump stages a trade war retreat, walking back his trade war by degrees, getting together with China to lower the heat, cut the tariffs on China, maybe as early as Monday.
Speaker 2: You know, if all of this is what.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking, it is for a long time, a maybe unnecessarily chaotic way to hammer out more equitable trading deals around the globe. I think it could come out to be a very good thing and the cast will be forgotten.
Speaker 4: I ordered ten pounds of spotted dick and it was going to be four quid more per pound.
Speaker 2: How frustrating for you. So it's interesting.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see this going forward, endless speculation. You're not going to get that out of us, generally speaking, we'll all find out together.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 1: Britain does have non tariff barriers to American beef and chicken. They will not allow imports of American chicken that's been disinfected in chlorine washed despite.
Speaker 2: The lack of any health risk. There's no evidence that it's any trouble whatsoever. So I don't know if I've followed this.
Speaker 4: So are we more strict with our chickens in Great Britain or they're more strict than us.
Speaker 1: Oh, they won't take American chickens if they've been disinfected in the chlorine wash, so they bear strict there. Yeah, they put up barriers to protect their farmers.
Speaker 2: It's fine, we're working that stuff out, but they care about a delicious chicken.
Speaker 1: I eat chicken all the time, and it's plenty delicious chlorin so.
Speaker 2: Much.
Speaker 1: My criticism of Trump is that I'm afraid it's motivated. In part well, number one, we called him as we sees him around here. That's just what we do. Secondly, there are things that are going on right now in the Trump administration that are so unbelievably great. I lie awake at night worrying that somehow the excesses are mistakes of Trump will end the progress. And I hate that idea because so much good stuff is happening. This is an example you probably won't hear anywhere else, but I found it really interesting. Kim Strassel, the fabulous writer again for the Journal, is talking about what Doug Bergham is doing as the Secretary of the Interior. And let me see if I can explain this briefly. He is he's a businessman, as.
Speaker 2: I think you know, with an unbelievable head of hair. Oh my god, this hair, so we all wish we could have his head of hair.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he is refocusing the Department of the Interior to look at a America's assets in a way that's really interesting. He's pitching Washington voters on a better way to look at the country's financial picture via America's balance sheet. Federal scribes minutely document everything the country owes, kim wrights, entitlements, debt payments, employee pensions, tax credits. Everyone knows the liability side, the national debt, the trillions of dollars, blah blah blah. But what about the value of what we the people own? Enormous stores of oil, coal, minerals, timber, geothermal power, all held within a vast property portfolio. Washington pretends it's only means of generating revenue is taxation. Yet if the Interior Department were a going concern, mister Burgham noted at a big conference last week, it would have the largest balance sheet in the world.
Speaker 2: Wow, our holdings. No Democrat would ever look at it that way.
Speaker 1: I know our holdings in compass four hundred and eighty million surface acres, more than two billion offshore acres, seven hundred fifty million acres of subsurface minerals. Saudi Princes, eat your hearts out, she writes, And she goes on to describe the project to unleash American energy, and it goes well beyond drill, Baby, drill, Birgham's Mantra's Map, Baby Map. He's working to get the US Geological Survey refocused on pinpointing and estimating resources rather than obsessing.
Speaker 2: Over climate change.
Speaker 1: It's a great change, it's good innovative leadership.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 9: Armstrong and Getty