Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central show.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central.
Speaker 1: It's America's only sorts produced.
Speaker 2: This is the Daily Tooth with your host Michael Costa.
Speaker 1: Yes, welcome into the other show. I'm Michael Costa. We've got so much to talk about tonight. The election enters its bribery phase. Elon Musk could use a friend, and I get school at the electoral College. So let's get into the headline, shall we. All right, we are exactly two weeks from election day, in two weeks and one day from Donald Trump complaining about voter fraud. But tonight there's breaking news about one Trump henchman who probably won't be joining in this time. Breaking news.
Speaker 3: In that civil case against former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a federal judge ordered Giuliani to turn over all of his valuable possessions, including his Manhattan apartment, to former Fulton County elections workers Chay Monts and Ruby Freeman. Giuliani owes them one hundred and fifty million dollars after they want a defamation suit against him. He claimed they were involved in election fraud. After the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 4: The judge wants Giuliani to hand over more than just his Madison Avenue apartment. He's ordered to surrender watches, signed Yankees, paraphernalia, furniture, and even his TV. The only valuable he's allowed to keep is his grandfather's watch.
Speaker 1: Oh, poor Rudy, Poor poor Rudy. And I'm not expressing empathy, by the way. I'm saying, Rudy is literally poor. Now he's broke. Okay, he's got to give them his apartment, his car, his furniture, even his TV. You know how badly you have to lose a court case, that nine to eleven is the second worst thing that's ever happened to you. It really makes you realize how random justice is in this country. This man lost his entire fortune for trying to steal the election, while the man who he was trying to steal the election four has faced no repercussions at all. It's like when I get yelled at for going to the strip club, even though there were forty five other men also at the strip club, And why doesn't my wife yell at them. Let's move on to the current election. Okay, In the home stretch of the twenty twenty four campaign, Donald Trump has gained a critical new supporter, Elon Musk, a man, a man of gravitas, a man of dignity, a man with roughly a four inch vertical leap, and president of the Funny Tummy Club. But he's also the richest man in the world. I mean, he's so rich he bought Twitter just to drive it into the ground for his own personal pleasure. And now he's thinking, well, what if I did the same with America Tech Mobil.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk making a surprize pledge while stumping for Trump, launching a million dollar giveaway for voters who signed his petition in favor of free speech and the right to bear arms.
Speaker 1: Wow, Elon's giving a million dollars to his fans. Now they can afford the best anime girlfriend pillow money can buy. So how exactly does this bribe, sorry gift work?
Speaker 6: So every day between now and the election, we'll be awarding a million dollars starting tonight. Tonight's person is Jan Dreyer.
Speaker 1: Wow, how exciting for John Dreyer. But maybe less exciting once you realize that they filled in the money section with John Dreyer. Although yeah, I'm not sure it matters since Elon put his signature dead center in the check, which, as everyone knows, is exactly not where you're supposed to put it. But hey, he's a disruptor. Also just a missed opportunity put something funny in the memo section, right, I mean I suggest butt medicine. I mean, my landlord loves when I do that. But forget all that. What exactly do you have to do for that million dollars?
Speaker 6: The only thing we ask for the million dollars is that you be a spokesperson for the petition.
Speaker 1: And that's it. Really, that's the whole that's it. And uh yeah, that's it. Bye. That's how uncharismatic Elon Musk is. He can hand some of a million dollars and they're just like, so, I can just go now, because I've seen people more excited to win a dishwasher on the prices, right, And I know what you're thinking right now, how can Republicans sink so low? And also can I sink low enough to register for this? Well? Yes, but you better hurry up because it's not quite clear if this whole thing is cool with Johnny Law. Pennsylvania's Governor Josh Shapiro questioned the legality of this giveaway and said it's something law enforcement should be taking a look at. When you start flowing this kind of money into politics, I think it raises serious questions that folks may want to take a look at. Yeah, yeah, okay, this whole thing may violate election law. But good luck to the Democrats trying to stop it. Now, that'll win over voters. We're taking a million dollars from you vote, Harris Walls. But of course, billionaires and politics isn't anything new. Democrats have George Soros and Mark Cuban, Republicans have Steve Wynn, Dan Snyder and I think the monopoly Man. But Elon is also getting personally involved in a way that we've never seen before. That only has he donated seventy five million dollars to Trump's reelection effort, not only has he spoken at Trump's rallies, but his super Packed America pack is essentially running trump entire get out the vote campaign. And fun fact, he wanted to call his Pact at America on Twitter, but someone else already had that handle, so he just took it from them. He literally stole America but don't worry. In exchange, he gave them the handle at America one, two, three, Underscore twelve really rolls off the tongue, doesn't it. You couldn't have given him a cooler handle than that you give him at Henry Kissinger. He's not using that anymore, but look, any of us can funnel millions of dollars into an election. Musk's real influence is turning Twitter into Donald Trump's personal propaganda machine.
Speaker 7: Musk also uses X formerly Twitter, which he owns, to promote Trump to his two hundred million plus followers. According to a CBS News investigation, Musk has used X to amass three point three billion views on posts about election security so far this year. Fifty five percent of the post contained or amplified false or misleading information, including unsubstantiated conspiracies.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, three point three billion views for conspiracies and misinformation. And yes, a billion or two of those views come from sex spots that only tweet things like click here to see crypto in my past, But that's still a huge amount of propaganda. Fifty five percent of the post had misinformation, so he's wrong half the time. Well, thank god he only controls Twitter and not some sort of rocket company, you know, and if you're if you're on Twitter like me, you know that he doesn't just tweet the stuff out to his followers. He puts it in your feed, whether you follow him or not. It's gotten so bad it the other day I almost close Twitter and talk to my family. Can you imagine that? Honestly, I should just get off Twitter entirely, except I've been talking to this smoking hot Russian ship who's who's made of crypto? So Elon has formed a very close alliance with Donald Trump, so close in fact, the Trump says if he wins, he'll give Elon a job in his administration cutting government waste, and Elon already has some really dumb ideas for how to do that.
Speaker 6: So we've talked about kind of a Government Efficiency Commission or the Development of Government Efficiency, where we just take a look at all the federal agencies and say, do we really need whatever it is four hundred and twenty eight federal agencies, Like there's so many that people have never heard of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that tracks you know, if you've never heard of something, that means we don't need it, right, Seriously, the parietal Lobe. I've never heard of it. All right, don't need it? For more on Elon must cash giveaway. We go live to Tesla headquarters with Ronnie Chang running. Get into Elon's mindset. What's Elon's goal here?
Speaker 8: Don't overthink this, Michael. All Elon's trying to do is make a friend.
Speaker 1: That's it. Back to you, Nnie, Ronnie, Ronnie. Right. Ye, he's not giving people millions of dollars just to make a friend. Yes he is.
Speaker 8: That's why he makes the winner come up on stage to get the check, because that's the only way he can get anyone close enough to try to be friends with them. And then he's like, here's a million dollars, and then people run away as fast as they can because he's a loser with no friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, come on, come on, Ronnie, how could how could he have no friends? He's a man with billions of dollars.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, he's a loser with billions of dollars. Making a billion dollars is not the same skill set as making friends. Okay, I mean just look at how he jumps up and down when people clap for him.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 8: Does this look like a man you want to be friends with that looks like a kid at school with no friends, like you know how, that's like a giraffe at the zoo that was raised in isolation, so it doesn't know how to be a giraffe.
Speaker 1: That's him. Okay, okay, but there's easier way to make friends than to pay them a million dollars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he's tried them all. He bought Twitter to make friends, and what happened? We all left Twitter. He built self driving cars so the cars would be his friend, and what happened. The cars blew themselves up. He tried to make friends by having a thousand kids, and what happened?
Speaker 1: They were all like a Nick Cannon adopt us instead. Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Yeah no, no, no, no, no, I'm not done.
Speaker 8: This man is a loser, causing his chat is yo, his group chat is him and a burner phone he bought so you wouldn't be alone in the group chat.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: The only reason he wants to go to Mars is so that he can be the first human to meet aliens, because once he knows that once the aliens meet other humans, they'll be like, oh wait, this one sucks, Ronnie.
Speaker 1: This man is fifty three years old. He's got to have at least one friend.
Speaker 8: And you know how I know he has no friends because he made a cyber truck.
Speaker 1: Okay, a real friend would have.
Speaker 8: Told him, Hey, bro, that's the stupidest shit I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: You should have punch yourself in the debt.
Speaker 8: Okay, because friends don't let friends make cars that look like a batmobile.
Speaker 1: They have to repeat the first grade. So so our democracy is going to collapse unless this guy gets a friend. Exactly.
Speaker 8: We just need one sad, pathetic, pasty loser to be his friend, which is why I'm awarding you, Michael.
Speaker 1: Cost though one million dollars. All you need to do is be Elon Mott's friend.
Speaker 8: That's it, That's all you have to do. Congratulations, Michael, you won so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Is that check made out to you from me? Yeah? Yeah, don't don't overthink it. Man, just signed here. Okay, man, Ronnie showing.
Speaker 9: Everybody you know right here.
Speaker 1: We'll find out why your vote does a cow.
Speaker 9: So don't go away. I welcome back to the Other show.
Speaker 1: November fifth is election night, and we all know how we'll be spending election night watching John King's smugly point to battleground states on the election map. We get a John, you know where Pennsylvania is. All right, some of us didn't go to grad school. But a new initiative might change election night forever. Take a look with.
Speaker 10: The race for the White House at a virtual dat race in every battleground state.
Speaker 11: If there's one thing I know as an American, it's that our elections are perfect. So when I heard there was an organization trying to change our system with something called the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, I had to find out.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 12: National Popular Vote is an agreement amongst the states that when enough states join, it will move this country to a national popular vote for president. It makes every voter in every state relevant in every presidential election.
Speaker 1: But voters do elect the president.
Speaker 12: Yeah, No, battleground state voters have all of the power with the American president. And that's one out of five states. So four out of five states are totally ignored in presidential election.
Speaker 5: It's a way to deliver to this country a president every time who wins the most amount of votes across the country.
Speaker 12: And so it doesn't take every state to participate. And I will tell you that interstate compacts are not controversial things. Every states and dozens of them.
Speaker 5: And I think you've probably participated in an interstate compact before.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm going to have it.
Speaker 12: Power Ball, that's an interstate competent.
Speaker 1: So are you telling me the president of the United States is going to be determined by the Powerball winner? Misunderstood? Y? I may have misunderstood the question, but I definitely know what the electoral college is, and I certainly underst stand the national popular vote interstate compact.
Speaker 10: This creaking news just in the Daily Shows Michael Costa doesn't understand the national popular Vote interstate compact. He may not even understand how the electoral college works.
Speaker 1: But the hell you doing here? King?
Speaker 10: Well, Michael, if anyone says electoral college three times, it's like a genie. I'm cursed to appear to break it down. So let's do it. Each state has their own system of appointing electors to vote in the electoral college. Now currently almost all states have a winner take all system, where the candidate who wins the most votes in that state then wins all of that state's electors. Made in Nebraska, do it a little bit differently, but once a candidate gets two hundred and seventy electoral College votes, they win. Now with the national popular Vote Interstate Compact, States in that compact have agreed to reward all of their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote, regardless who who wins that statewide vote. That means every single vote across the country counts, and battleground states would essentially become irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Wow, as you through the year of diper election. Right, let's go back to the interview. How often has the president become president and not won the national vote?
Speaker 12: It's happened five times five the most recent President Trump and President Bush.
Speaker 1: Republicans overwhelmingly benefit from the electoral college. So why would a Republican ever be on board with a national vote initiative? How dumb would they have to be?
Speaker 12: Well, I happen to be a Republican Republican, Oh, yeah for sire, Yeah, pretty conservative one too.
Speaker 1: Sure you're a Republican.
Speaker 12: There's lots of Republicans who support a national popular vote for president.
Speaker 1: And what about you? What are you a Democrat? Are we getting this Republican and a Democrat?
Speaker 12: A nonpartisan reform with bipartisan support.
Speaker 1: Everybody's by these days.
Speaker 12: I got nothing on that.
Speaker 1: But this is just idealistic tom foolery. I mean, is anybody going to get on board with this? This isn't fairness.
Speaker 5: It's not an academic fever dream. It's a law that's been passed by seventeen states plus the District of Columbia.
Speaker 1: I have to admit, you know, when you guys sat down here, I thought there's no way these imbeciles know anything. But you've convinced to me it's pretty legit. What's next? What are we missing?
Speaker 5: All eyes on Michigan and as a battleground state, it'd be a critical domino to fall to create the momentum to get us over the finish line.
Speaker 1: Michigan, that's my home state. They're great legislatively, I bet, I bet they're working on this right now as we speak. You should weigh in with the speaker. You need to discoedule a vote.
Speaker 12: On the National Popular Vote bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at me, I'll handle it.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We Costa says, it happens, it happens. Board breaking news.
Speaker 10: Now the cocky clown Michael Costa headed to the battleground state of Michigan going there to see if they will pass the national popular vote.
Speaker 1: Currently, let's pop.
Speaker 10: It up and show you on the map here, you currently have a right now, these states right here on the map, you see them calling it in blue. They have officially passed the compact. That means they're in their bills have passed into law. Now, if you add them up, that would be two hundred and nine electoral votes right there. These states like Michigan currently have bills introduced in one or more legislative chambers.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: Passing it in Michigan is a long shot, especially for someone as aft as Michael Costa.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I get it. You know, you're just worried the ones I do. Get this thing passed, you and your precious magic wall will be out of a job for good.
Speaker 10: Hey hey, hey, you can insult me, but you leave the magic Wall out of this. Besides, even if it did reach the two hundred and seventy thresholds, there's always the potential for litigation for the lawyers to get involved, lawyers from any of these states or from the candidates themselves. Plus, you still need forty six more electoral votes.
Speaker 1: Jesus, are you always as much of a bummer king. Yes, watch job, Michigan. You're about to be constant. I'll wait. Come back, Jennifer Grand, how have you join it on the show. He'll go away. Welcome back to the Burner Show. My guest tonight runs the Department of Energy under President Biden. Please welcome Secretary Jennifer Grand. Home. Here, here's Department of Energy fans here, I'm here right. What is the Department of Energy.
Speaker 13: We have seventeen national laboratories, forty thousand scientists, all trying to solve the biggest problems of our time. It is the solutions Department, and now we are deploying, deploying the playing clean energy.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you what you have. You've got a nice energy. Hey, whoa saving it?
Speaker 1: You know? Doing this piece that was on in the second act. I went to the state Capitol in Michigan and I noticed your portrait. And I'm a Michigander. I wasn't necessarily living in Michigan when you were the governor, but I love your portrait and it's here, and there's so many cool things here. There's a wind turbine, your hand is on a globe. Many Michiganers didn't even know that there's other countries in the globe, in the world, I think there's an electrical car.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's electric vehicles. Yeah, it was the Chevy Vault, the first electric.
Speaker 1: I was struck. I was struck that that might have been a little bit ahead of its time.
Speaker 13: Oh, you know, you are so smart.
Speaker 1: You see why they put me at this obvious But this is Michigan. This is gas guzzling Michigan. Did that ruffle some feathers, Well.
Speaker 13: Let me just say that when the you know, you remember when the auto industry went bankrupt, and that was in a two thousand and eight great recession, right, So it was the same time.
Speaker 1: That Obama and Biden were elected.
Speaker 13: They said, we're going to help to save the American auto industry, but we also want it to move into vehicle two point zero, which is the electric vehicle. And so they provided a bunch of incentives for battery companies to come to Michigan. And it's true, we were a little bit ahead of our time. We put the cart of supply before the horse of.
Speaker 1: Demand, if you will.
Speaker 13: And but it's all smoothed out now and electric vehicles are now.
Speaker 1: Ten percent of the vehicle market. Is it perfect? Well, yeah, it feels like electric. Sorry to be the bomber. It feels like EV has slowed down a little bit, well a little bit. What are some of the challenges.
Speaker 13: We've sold four million evs since the start of this administration, because more than all EV's.
Speaker 1: Ever sold before, and the hiccup.
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, I think there's been a lot of talking down of electric vehicles.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately.
Speaker 13: I think once we get pasted November, we'll see I think more positivity because.
Speaker 1: JD Powers they do.
Speaker 13: A survey of like who wants to buy I mean, people who have electric vehicles, they will never go back. And people who don't have electric vehicles, if they're thinking about switching and they want to save money on gasoline, they are looking at it. And because of the Inflation Reduction Act, you know, one of the laws that was passed that provides incentives for consumers to buy electric vehicles, so you can get seventy five hundred dollars off the dealer to purchase ones. So there's so we're seeing you know, year over year, quarter over quarter increases, you know, and that's good. And we you know, we've got electric vehicle charging stations as of today, here's news two hundred thousand public charging.
Speaker 10: Stations across the country saved different the Valley Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's you know, that's one thing that fascinates about EV. I mean, as an American who drives a car, we just are so used to I'll drive till it's empty and then I'll fill up somewhere. That's not what it's like necessarily with EV. Do we have to rethink our mindset a little bit? Well, I think first of all, that is that something that Department of Energy focuses on. Where's that transportation? Well, we actually departments mixed up.
Speaker 13: And it's this is so smart because we have a joint office with the Department of Transportation on yeah, on this. So but the bottom line is the batteries for electric vehicles are making the vehicles go a lot longer. So you can get you can go three hundred three hundred plus miles on a charge, and to fill up your average sedan it costs about forty eight bucks is average, right to dollars, you know, three seventeen per gallon. If you charge, you may charge at home, if you have if you have grig garage, it costs you about sixteen bucks. So the difference between forty and sixteen, and if you're filling up every week, that's a good amount of money that you're saving. And yet you have to plan to find an electric charging station. But now that there's two hundred thousand of them with a goal of gifting to five hundred thousand by twenty thirty, okay, And you know it's that most people charge at home.
Speaker 1: I hate to bring this up because it's petty, but I have this desk and it's a responsibility. My electric toothbrush needs to be charged more frequently, more often. But let's get into batteries. You know, are we Americans love cheap shit? So all these batteries are being made in China. No, no, well let's talk about it.
Speaker 13: Not we are bringing this is the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh guys, this is such a well, this stupid audience has no clue what we're talking about. I know, explain to that.
Speaker 13: So, yes, batteries for electric vehicles and the stuff that goes into the batteries all has been.
Speaker 15: Like battery juice, the battery juice, the catho, the separator material, all of that has been built in China, much of it right, they cornered the market on a data strategic plan.
Speaker 1: To do it. We just we'd allowed it to happen.
Speaker 13: We just watched until this isministration came in and they said, no, we're going to bring manufacturing back to this country. We're going to make it irresistible to invest in America. As a result, since the start of this administration, four hundred and fifty EV assembly and battery companies have announced they're opening up in America.
Speaker 1: Okay, four that's amaz. Yeah, I love that you're supposed to be There're supposed to be like wow, No, I mean I drive gas and you know what, I'm a bad person. No, you're not. But I do want to ask you when I am ordering a bunch of stuff from Amazon and then it says, hey do you want to get this a day later and just use one box? I click? Yes? Am I a hero? You are clearly a hero renewable energy? I mean some of the pushback is, hey, a wind turbine is cool when it's windy. Hey, solar panels are great when it's sunny out, but that's not always the case. Are those that is that a dumb pushback onble Let's just.
Speaker 13: Say they may not be aware that you can combine that kind of energy with these big utility scale batteries that have ten hours sometimes much longer storage, so that it basically makes renewable energy like baseload power, clean power, and these batteries give the opportunity for everybody to use energy all the time. And that's why we're seeing so much deployment of clean energy across the country. Can I just give you a quick stat on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Please, I love selts So and you should feel really great about this America. Because of the incentives in these laws that the President passed, developers of clean energy have been going gangbusters this year. Just in twenty twenty four, we will add thirty Hoover Damsworth of clean power to our electric grid.
Speaker 1: Thirty Hoover Damp. That's a record or not? That's I want. She came with numbers. She came. Can I plug my electronic toothbrush into one of those huge in dustin? No, Winter's coming. You are a Michigander, I'm a Michigander. We both know winter's coming to kill us. Heating a home, you know, maybe, and it's not always the first thing everyone talks about on television. But it's something to be taken very seriously. I'm hearing heat pumps. I'm hearing heat pumps don't work when it's actually freezing. What is a heat pump? I don't get to talk with the Secretary of Energy you very often. What is a heat pump? Should more Americans be doing heat pumps? Is there a tax credit for heat pumps? Yes? Tell me everything about heat pumps. God, damn it finished with some numbers. Okay, I'll just kidding. You don't have to do numbers.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 13: The first of all, the heat pump basically transfers warm or cold energy to where you want it to be, right, and so it not just heats your home in the winter, It cools your home in the summer. So it's both a heater and a cooler name I know, right, And yes it is so true.
Speaker 1: We can let on that.
Speaker 13: But they are out selling your basic HVAC system in America now for a couple of years going because people are understanding how great heat pumps are. And yes they do work in the cold, and yes there are tax rebates. Right now, we're talking in New York. Many states like New York have developed a rebate system. You can get a rebate for the heat pump that you purchase, or if you're not in one of those states, you can get a thirty percent tax credit for a heat pump.
Speaker 1: This would be the time to do it.
Speaker 13: These incentives are for not just heat pumps, but honestly, for insulation, for solar panels, for stuff that makes your house buttoned down and running on clean energy.
Speaker 1: Well, this is something that I'm afraid to ask. But if administrations change, and when they do change, does everything you've been working on go bye bye too? Is it like the energy in my electronic toothbrush? It just doesn't seem to make it to do things stick around.
Speaker 13: The administration will change, and so it will depend on who's elective. Right, But let me just say this that the incentives that were embedded in Biden Harris industrial strategy, I'll just say those incentives are working all across America, in every pocket, in red communities, in blue communities. Honestly, sixty percent of the funding all those factories I talked about, just in the clean energy space, there's been nine hundred factories that includes wind and solar as well as batteries, et cetera. Nine hundred factories. About sixty or even more percent of the investments have gone to red states and red districts. It would be, you know, political malpractice really to undo that when your community, especially a community that previously had had a factory and the factory was gone and now you're getting a whole new opportunity, that would be a bad move.
Speaker 1: I'm undo it. I'm sure Trump would take care of the liberal cities and states at this country. AI. Yes, you know, I'm not sure where I stand with Actually I know where I stand. I don't think we or want it. I think it's here to stay. A lot of people I work with love making Mount Rushmore have boobs on it through AI. But it uses a shitload of energy. What is our energy strategy with AI? Is this where nuclear is coming in? Yeah? Yeah it is.
Speaker 13: I mean, first of all, many of the companies that are building these data centers, like Google and Metal, it's.
Speaker 1: A data center that that's what it's called, that's the AI data set.
Speaker 13: Well, there's data centers that are specifically directed toward AI training, the AI models. Those companies are largely have promised to their shareholders that they want to operate on one clean electricity So our message to them is, if you get a data center coming in which uses a lot of power, don't make everyday citizens pay for that power. Bring your power with you biop is what we're calling. And so, but make it clean and so.
Speaker 1: One like bringing your own charge over to a friend's house. There you go. So we think we can do.
Speaker 13: Continued Sorry, no, no, we think we can. They it's anticipated that it will. You'll see an uptick obviously in demand.
Speaker 1: They want, We want them.
Speaker 13: Actually, we want these data centers built in the United States for economic reasons, but also because of national security reasons. So we would like them to be built in the United States. We can provide the powers I mentioned. We're putting so much power on the grid right now. If they are willing to do these small modular nuclear reactors or create additional nuclear power provides clean baseload power.
Speaker 1: Why you give me that? Look, nuclear is only you know, there's a phrase going nuclear. It's not a positive phrase. Is this really? Are we moving towards nuclear?
Speaker 13: Well, we have nuclear now. We have ninety four reactors in the United States. Nuclear provides twenty percent of our clean power of our you know, I mean we we it's a clean baseload power. So nuclear is good if we can figure out the waste issue, because it does provide waste, right, and so we have a whole process going on in this administration called consent based sighting. There are some communities who are willing to raise their hand and say we will take on that waste for you know, for some sort of compensation, right, be able to do that. So but once but that that issue, which is an important issue, is solvable, and nuclear helps to solve the bigger issue, which is energy creation as just as.
Speaker 1: A regular Joe can we can. I just encourage everyone to take the nuclear stuff very carefully. Yeah, well that's a good thing.
Speaker 13: And just to give you some comfort, in the United States, our Nuclear Regulatory Commission, we have we are the gold standard of nuclear safety in this country. And it takes a while to get something licensed as a result, and it should so we are doing it very.
Speaker 1: Care Double check check again. Hey did we check that. Let's check it again. Last thing. You've been very generous with your time with us. I know you're very busy. What can the average American do to improve their carbon footprint use less energy? Is there something that you would advise us.
Speaker 13: We take advantage of all of these rebates and tax credits.
Speaker 1: Put solar panels on your roof.
Speaker 13: If you've got get a heat pump, if you have a you know, if you have a home. If you are thinking about switching out your car, think about trying out an electric vehicle.
Speaker 1: There's so many.
Speaker 13: Technologies that are available now at a discount to be able to you know, become more energy efficient and improve your carbon footprint.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming here today. We appreciate it very much. Energy Secretary Jennifer going home? Where take a click back? We're right back after this. Let me so that's our show up with tonight now here it is your momentum.
Speaker 4: Zama An Airport in New Zealand is now putting a three minute time limit on goodbye hugs.
Speaker 1: In the drop off zones. You know what I do?
Speaker 13: I do this bye?
Speaker 1: What a record that? No, you are one of the best huggers on the planet. There's no way you're doing to see me not coming back. She actually is leaving. He's gone for real. Thank you so much for joking.
Speaker 8: I guess this has been CNA New Central Sarah's gone news from Moods.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching the Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 1: Paramount Podcasts