Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain, Bostik, and Scarlett.
Speaker 3: Food S and P five hundred keeping a watch on that two hundred and eighty four names gaining ground on this Thursday, two hundred and seventeen to the downside.
Speaker 1: To unchanged intel actually crossing the wire right now, so let's just jump right to that. The company, for that the most recent quarter, the third quarter, says that justin EPs came in at twenty three cents a share. Now the street was looking for one point two cents, so that does look like a beat. Revenue was up about three percent a year over a year here also looks like it coming in slightly above what the street was looking for at thirteen point sixty five billion. But here's your forecast. The company says that for the fourth quarter, revenue will be in a range of twelve point eight to thirteen point eight billion dollars. Company also saying that it continues to see some marginal improvement here on the build out of that data center ANDAI revenue business, which came in at four point one two billion in the most recent quarter.
Speaker 4: And I think notably our Ed Ludlow has been speaking with the CFO of the company. I'm really talking about how the market turned out to be stronger than they originally anticipated coming into the quarter. They're particularly thinking that areas like serve build out was better. They saw a lot of money initially, as they say, go to GPUs for AI servers, but there are a significant aunt of workload that can be handled by their own CPUs, so I think there is an area of growth. And they were saying, look, we were were cautious about tariffs or cautious about noise, but on the data center side, a bit of a surprise when it comes into how much stronger it was in terms of demand.
Speaker 5: I'm also looking for any commentary about the US government investment in Intel, and certainly we did hear from the company on that in the press release quote we took meaningful steps this quarter's strengthen our balance sheet, including accelerated funding from the US government and investments by Nvidia and SoftBank Group to increase are operational flexibility and demonstrate the critical role we play in the ecosystem, this accorded Intel's CFO David Zizner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then addressing AI, right, so important. AI is accelerating demand for compute and creating attractive opportunities across our portfolio. And they talk about including in their core at X eighty six platforms. They say new efforts in other metrics, but again addressing some of those issues. And again we're watching Intel in the aftermarket. I'm looking at that trade up about three point seven percent.
Speaker 1: Up about three point seven percent. And it gets to this idea here that what is sort of the future. We talk about a new CEO, we talk about new investments, but it's still the same old problems. And I am curious. I mean, I look at these comments Caroline coming out of here, co host ed Ludlow here, and again I mean, how do you articulate two investors what the long term story is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, about the foundry business, who are going to be the ultimate demand base for the chips that they might or might not manufacture over in Ohio. They've got to stay committed to that particular buildout. And that is why the US government had been such a signal that they are going to ensure that people come to them for their chip manufacturing. That's why we do wonder about where AMD goes for its next chips to be made when video eventually does, and why is such an important and strategic investment coming from there.
Speaker 5: We're actually seeing shares rise now in the after hours, up even more than they were earlier just minutes ago. Of course, the call has not happened yet, but investors making their way through the press release the commentary from Ed's interview with the CFO, Intel shares up six percent in the after hours in.
Speaker 3: King out with a write through and saying of course okay here. Intel giving an upbeat revenue forecast after PC demand grew, boosting optimism about a comeback attempt by the company. Companies fourth quarter sales will be twelve point eight billion to thirteen point eight with the midpoint of that range being thirteen point three, just below Wall Street's estimate of thirteen point four billion dollars, and that the CFO Dave Zinzer, saying current demand is outpacing supply, a trend we expect will persist into twenty twenty six, and the company's third quarter results exceeded its actions based on the underlying strength of our core markets. That sounds pretty upbeat, and you know, investors' expectations remain, you know, are high. This stock is up ninety percent and one big investor, the US, the number three investor in this company.
Speaker 1: And that seems to be why it's riding high. It's kind of interesting too. They also talk about the refresh cycle on PC's and that might actually be the bridge for this company. We talked about this a little bit yesterday about Tesla and it's sort of robotic autonomous future, but it still needs that money from the here and now to sort of bridge that gap. We're going to continue to break down the results coming out of Intel. The shares up six percent, BEFOD shares now moving in the opposite direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get to it. Let's get to the forecast, which is something that we certainly care about. The company, Ford saying it sees one and a half to two billion dollars adjusted EBIT hit in twenty twenty five from the Novellas fire. This is that fire that we have talked about that has certainly impact was it aluminum specifically, and certainly maybe it shut down some of their factories. Also, the company sees fiscal year adjusted ebit have six billion to six and a half billion, had seen six and a half to seven point five and you can see that stock right now down about three point three percent here in the aftermarket.
Speaker 1: Hopefully these end up being more one off types of costs here, but a lot of questions really about the longer term strategy, particularly with some of the peelback in that EV build out and the refocus in on some of those ice vehicles. We should point out the company are also coming out with the statement right now about some new models starting new model production here on that Ford F one to fifty conversation in just a few minutes time that we're going to have with the CEO, Jim.
Speaker 4: Farley, and I think that it's notable he's speaking once again directly to the administration here that Michigan based company is going to be creating jobs, a thousand of them at factories in Michigan and Kentucky. They're talking about helping boost truck production to fifty thousand units next year. More broadly, yes, they've been implicated by this fire, but they're really trying to remain committed to the fact that their plant is aiming to build forty five thousand additional trucks for remaining five thousand to be produced out of the Kentucky truck plants. So really trying to find that recovery story here out of Ford.
Speaker 5: Four chares down four percent in the after hours. Again, we're gonna hear from Jim Farley, the CEO of the company four twenty Wall Street time, sitting down with Romain and Matt Miller. The company did cut its adjusted EBIT guidance for the full year. The guidance did miss the average analyst estimates. Shares still down just about three point six percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the automaker also saying planning to boost that F one, fifty and super duty truck production. We know trucks have been so important to Ford to boost the F series production volume by fifty thousand plus and twenty twenty six, citing custom demand, recover losses from that fire. But again a lot of questions will come on that fire. We assume one time theme, but the longer it has had an impact, certainly the impact will carry over a little bit longer as well.
Speaker 1: I just want to get to some other earnings real quickly, and we'll get back to Intel and for Deckers, the maker of ugs and Hokah's shoes, out with their results in line for the fiscal second quarter on a net sales basis one point four to three billion dollars. Here's your guidance going forward. The company says for the full year, expect five point three five billion dollars in sales. That's a little bit light than what the street was looking for at about five point four to five on average. The company says gross margins, though, should come in a little bit higher than what the street was looking for at fifty six percent. Operating margin of twenty one point five percent. That's your guidance for the full year EPs, adjusted, of course, as it typically is six dollars and thirty cents to six thirty nine, the low end of that range right around what the street was looking for. Here, though you see the shares pulling back about three percent.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, we can look at one particular company that's spiking on the pack of its numbers, payments company Western Union. We're seeing revenue one point zero three billion, that's just slightly ahead of expectations. But see justin dearnings, but share they are looking strong forty seven cents. The estimate was for forty three cents, and they still see their fully operating margin of eighteen to twenty cents. We're seeing jump about what four point four percent, as it seems to be that resilience coming from this payment company amid some of the competition coming to the market.
Speaker 5: All right, you got payments, I got gold with Numont Corporation. Shares bounce in between gains and losses in the after hours. The company out with numbers were arding adjusted innings per share for the third quarter that beat the average analyst estimate. Adjusted innings per share came in above estimates at one dollar and seventy one cents, sales of five point five two billion dollars that beat estimates a five point two nine billion dollars. Shares up in the after hours just about half a percentage point.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.