Speaker 1: This is the OTP pre Game presented by Farm Bureau Health Plans. When it's crunch time for your health coverage, trust Farm Bureau Health Plans to implement the perfect game plan. With over seventy seven years of protecting Tennesseeans, they know how to win. With Amy Wells, I'm Mike Keith, our special guest in the Snickers hot Seat today from Titan's radio coach Dave McGinnis. Welcome.
Speaker 2: Oh you want snickers.
Speaker 1: They really satisfy, they really do. Snickers hot Seat, Snickers hot Seat. Taking all of this home because Halloween's coming up. See, I need candy to give.
Speaker 2: Out, So you're going to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the key if you give out a full candy bars. Yeah, you are the greatest house on the board.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's why Coach Mike's taking this home, not just.
Speaker 2: This the jar, the whole jar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you may get stopped at the front for that.
Speaker 2: Just take it, just run.
Speaker 1: Let's promote your show MAC Talk on one four to five The Zone every Tuesday night at sixth Central on our flagship station one O four to five The Zone. As I mentioned, you and RHTT Brian do that show. That is an incredibly you have your own show and it's an incredibly popular show.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Well thank you know it. When they came to us with the you know, I came to you about it and said they wanted Rett.
Speaker 1: And I to do it.
Speaker 3: The thing that they said, though, Mike, was look, we'll screen these calls. I said, I don't want one call screened. No kidding, I want everybody to come through because I mean, first of all, with Rhett and I doing it, we'll talk to the people and whether they're happy, which they are when you win, are there mad when you don't win? Let them talk. I love doing it. It's a lot of fun. It goes so fast.
Speaker 1: It's a really good show.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. It's yeah Tuesday at six o'clock.
Speaker 1: Tuesday's sixth Central. It's only on one oh four to five the zone. They have a good app so you can stream it on the app. If you're not in the region, you would really enjoy that, and you could you could call in. I'm sure they have a toll free number. I don't know did they charge long distance anymore?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, Now, each get a diam a call.
Speaker 2: Okay, all like a one eight hundred numbers.
Speaker 1: Well, I used to have an eight hundred number on my talk show. Did you when I got the eight hundred number, my show really took off.
Speaker 2: That's when you knew you had arrived?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Were the show blew up?
Speaker 3: We're not there yet?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Did no eight hundred number?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: No? Sorry, guess that's not a thing anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it might be.
Speaker 1: We we've passed that time.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean you don't have to pay for long distance anymore, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, or so you know. But that's the key too. In a lot of people talk about how much their phone costs them now, and I remind him, I said, remember we used to have to pay long distance.
Speaker 2: You had to pay per text message.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but I mean we just to have to pay high long distance bills in the nineteen nineties because I was living in Knoxville. My family was all here, and so my long distance bills were a couple hundred dollars a month long.
Speaker 3: Wait until after six o'clock. Six o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: I remember all of these things. I am that I'm old enough.
Speaker 1: For that trip down memory lane. Yeah, Okay, OTP pre game is about five questions. For our special guest in the Snickers hot seat, it is coach Dave McGinnis. Here is topic question, whatever you want to call it. Number one. Some teams like the Titans run a three to four base defense, meaning they have three defensive linemen. Other teams like the Indianapolis Colts run a four to three defense, and so you would take that to mean they have a base front of four defensive alignment. Here's the question. Their reality seems to be in today's world of defense, it really doesn't matter anymore. So are there any real appreciable differences between a four to three defense at a three four defense in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 3: Technically yes, Realistically no, okay, because everybody, most everybody on third down, third and seven plus is a four man front. Is a four man front. Then you take your linebackers on your extra defensive back, you'll mug up to make a five man front. If you want the true three four defenses. The people used to run where you've got somebody on the nose and you've got two tackles that are playing head up. They were playing two gaps. There's very few two there's not any two gap defenses anymore. And by two gap, I mean this with a three four defense. You played your nose and he played either the left or the right of the center, playing head up the two defensive tackles. Okay, we're on the inside shoulder of the tackles or the outside shoulders of the guards, but they were also they would play two apps and your linebackers. This is how you used to teach linebackers, your linebackers behind the line, Mike and Amy. Now, if I'm teaching you, and this is exactly the way that that I would teach it, I would tell you, if you're going to the right, I want you to hit with your hit with your right arm, but keep your left your back side arm free. You understand what I'm saying. Right flipper your right flipper and then keep your left arm free. So you're basically two gap. Yeah, So you're you're, you're, you're, you're that, and that's it right there, don't hit Mike. But now everybody, whether you're three four, four, three, everybody's mostly single gap, right, they're single there's their single gap stuff. And so there's very few that I don't know of anybody that really two gaps anymore, uh, other than when you've got a defensive tackle like the Titans have now in Big Sweat. Big Sweat is big enough and strong enough to be able to play the front side and then and then come across the face and shed a man and go the other way. Most people now are single gap defenses.
Speaker 1: He would have been all world.
Speaker 3: He would have been the nose tackle that everybody would have dreamed about, right because he could. He would eat up the center and then one of the guards would have to help on him, and then you'd have a free rusher from somewhere.
Speaker 1: I knew he played well against Miami when we were doing the game, but going back and watching it, I could not get over how well he played and he was playing different places than he had played in the first three games with Jeffrey Simmons out well.
Speaker 3: And the reason was because Jeffrey Simmons is normally a three technique. Jeffrey Simmons normally goes to the tight end side and it is on the outside shoulder of the guard to the tight end side, and Big T Sweat is a shade technique which is away from the three technique but between the center and the guard well with Jeff out then Big Sweat play the three technique. He moved over to the three technique and he would he would play that. And I agree with you. I had an idea that he was playing pretty well because he was showing up on the perimeter of the defense and showing up to make tackles for yards lost. I mean he was running down a chance. Tried to tried to circle him one time, and he walked him down with you know, with an angle to the outside. This is a special player.
Speaker 1: My favorite part of Sweat is that he hustles. And Jim Washburn would have liked his hustle.
Speaker 3: Oh, he'd loved him.
Speaker 1: I like that he had a defensive lineman. It's like James Lynch ninety seven, who's in there playing right now and played a good game at Miami. That guy hustles, and Coburn hustles. I mean defensive lineman who hustle. That's a big deal because their impact even five yards down the field can be massive with the way they can hit guys.
Speaker 3: You were here with Jim Washburn, absolutely and all you ever heard him talk about was was get to the ball, under the ball, get to the ball, get to the ball, and that's Tracy Rocker. That's Tracy Rocker. And when he first started with you know with with with T. Sweat, I can go back, we can go back to the summer summertime worked on his stance because he was he was playing too high and then so yes needs to keep it up. Big Jeff needs to get back in the mix too.
Speaker 2: Question about T.
Speaker 4: Sweat because we have in the first four weeks five weeks of the season, talked a lot about how well he's been playing and how well he's been showing up is a little bit of how he's playing at his hustle, his aggressiveness, his ability to just disrupt everything is part of that due to his youth and the fact that he's able to play kind of out of his mind because you see young players sometimes play.
Speaker 1: With because he's not so beat up.
Speaker 4: He's not so beat up and he hasn't had that experience yet, so there's almost you don't know what you don't know, so you just kind of play however you would play. Is there a little bit of that and do you have to worry about that? As he continues to play and as he continues to have the wear and tear of the season kind of adjusting for that as a coach because he's going to find out that you can't just play full out every minute of every play, even though you want to. You have to protect your body and you have to there's also that aspect of it.
Speaker 3: Well, you learn, you learn as a pro. But that also that's why it's important to rotate those guys inside that used and all the great defenses I've been involved with. We could rotate those big dudes because to your point, it takes a lot out of you, it really does. But the thing that if you watch Devandre and then we'll get off at to and Andre, but you watch him. That's what he did at Texas. Here's the same thing at Texas. Now he's in better physical condition now because he bought into what Ran and Anthony Robinson and those when they went down to Huntsville to talk to him. This was part of the program. You're gonna have to get into NFL condition to be able to do what you're talking about against better competition week in. And he bought into that and he's doing it. The other thing that Tracy Rocker did and he started off immediately with him was he got him lower in his stance, because when he came in here, he was playing too high in his stance, and sooner or later you can get neutralized by doing that. He's learned how to play lower in his stance, and so everything now is magnified with his power.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry that's such a big deal to your point about some of the technical things, because some of the people who are joining us for the OTP might be saying, well, why would they not teach him that in high school and college? And certainly they taught him, but remember you're getting kids in high school after school, you know, you get him at four o'clock and you got him for two hours, and then in college you only have seventeen hours a week with them in terms of preparation, and so you're just like with receivers, you're trying to get guys ready to play games, to win games in high school and games in college. Now, this is your job. How you eat, how you go to meetings, watching KeAndre Coburn do his job, watching Jeff Simmons do his job. Being called to the GM's office or the assistant GM's office to go over performance. These are things that some guys get better as pros because the detail of the job enables them to refine the technique.
Speaker 3: Well, that's also true. And the other thing is when you've got big human beings like he is, like a lot of people coming in this, they've been a big human being their whole live, right m hm, And so they're able to get away with just swatten flies however they want to do it. Now you're competing against other big human beings. So the technical aspect of it and the total buy in that you're talking about has to come into it. And when that does, then you've got something special.
Speaker 1: And you said it, well, you have to credit the organization for what their plan was with this.
Speaker 3: Player had a very had a very specific plan, and they made sure that that plan was laid out and agreed on face to face, just like we are here before they ever pulled the trigger on drafting.
Speaker 1: Internally, and then to the player one hundred percent, they you know, they told to and Andre pretty quickly, this is our level of expectation of you, and this is how we're going to do it. And it may be different than how James Williams is dealt with or Cedric Gray has dealt with But just like in an office, everybody's not dealt with the same.
Speaker 3: Everybody every on a football team, everybody is treated fairly, but they're not treated the same. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: I think it was Jeff Fisher who said at one point, we have the we have the same set of rules and they're applied differently to everyone.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 1: But that's life.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: How it is, that's the fact. World's discussion. Yeah, second topic, staying with defense. Gus Bradley is the defensive coordinator in Indianapolis. How will a Gus Bradley defense challenge the Titans offense this Sunday?
Speaker 3: Gus is always of course, I know Gus very well. Gus has always been a four down lineman defense, so it's all based on the front. But Gus has always had playmakers at the linebacker position to make us four to three work. We talked about four three and three four early in this discussion. The linebackers in a four to three, they're very specific. The middle linebacker is different than the will linebacker who lines up to the open side. The will linebacker is very different than the sam who lines up to the tight endside. They've got different skill sets, different skill sets. Take it back to when I was coaching linebackers here. Steven Tullick was our middle linebacker. His skill set was the mic. He's the mic. His skill set was completely we were a four to three defense. His skill set was completely different than Keith Bullock, who was the will or the open side backer. The weak side, yes, whose skill set is completely different than the sam or the strong side David Thornton, and they've got to work in conjunction. But those are different skill sets for those players. And so that's what Gus has always done. He's always had bigger players up front, especially on the inside three technique shade guys on the edge that can win one on one. But then he's had very specific skill sets and he's got that at Indy, especially with zay R. Franklin and especially with EJ.
Speaker 5: Speed.
Speaker 1: Those guys can play. And then you're talking about the edge guy. Quity Pay is a big guy in the edge that's hard to move. He's two hundred and seventy pounds. And then Dio Dangbo on the other side right now, I mean he's two hundred and eighty five pounds and can bring it off the edge. And he's playing very well. I mean those guys are those guys are heavy loads, much like what we saw from Green Bays edge guys in terms of their size. Yeah, they're not the two hundred and forty five pound edge guys.
Speaker 3: The other guy, the other guy that you that we all liked coming out of the draft and especially down at the Singer Bowl, was a lat too, and Layu Latu and Layou latuah Is is very special off of the edge. He's different than those other two that you just mentioned, but he was the most complete pass rusher coming out in this draft because he wasn't just a one trick pony. He's got counter moves that he had already developed. And of course, you know he was two years medically retired because of his neck and then made tremendous resurgence. Uh, we're gonna see a lot of him on Sunday.
Speaker 4: So if you're the Titans offensive line, what do you do to give yourself some sort of an advantage against a group of guys that are large and strong.
Speaker 1: We haven't even mentioned the best one. No, who's the best one? Grover Grover Stewart?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, questions still stand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but but but but but you're correct going in, going into it. You've got to secure the edges against this group because your center guard triangle. At least you've got a chance with Grover Stewart and with and with as fast as the linebackers feel but you can. You've got to secure your edges with this defense.
Speaker 1: You have to, all right, topic number three, and this is one where we're going to rely on you as a former defensive coordinator and a long time defensive coach, and we want we want the truth here the Colts, not you know, not not the usual lies.
Speaker 2: Don't lie. We'll take your snickers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We'll take your the whole jar away.
Speaker 3: Then I'll tell the truth. Okay, I need this for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Well, the Colts quarterback situation, which is up in the air as we talk about it, either Anthony Richardson or Joe Flacco. With it being up in the air and being just how different this forty year old almost guy is compared to maybe the most athletic quarterback in the NFL. How much angst is really happening right now? Not knowing the Colts quarterback in the Titans defensive meeting room.
Speaker 3: You know, the structure of their offense, but the way you call it and what you emphasize will be different. Because those two quarterbacks, as you mentioned, we all know, we've watched it. They're polar opposites. Oh yeah, complete polar opposites.
Speaker 1: You've got a.
Speaker 3: Young guy that's an amazing athlete that I mean is a wild horse rider right now, but can hurt you doing a lot of different things, even doing things he doesn't know he's doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've got it crazy, but that's true.
Speaker 3: But you've got a veteran that can read it, can read out anything, is not going to get rattled, still has enough arm to reach any point of the field. So they are so polar opposite. The structure of their offense, you can surround, but the specifics, depending on which quarterback it is, you have to have specific And if they both play, let's just say they both play, okay, So you're going to have to when you're calling it. No, okay, Now, the RPO system is alive with this young quarterback. And now if you've got Flacco in there, you're going to have to be really really sharp in the back end, don't give any false looks and be late getting to where you're supposed to get or he'll find it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like coach Mack thinks there's a lot of angst in the room, just extra preparation.
Speaker 3: No, because you've got tape on both of them. Okay, you've got tape on both of them. But what you do and what you call and what you emphasize, and they're making a point of it this week. If this is the dude, this is what we've got to emphasize. If this is the dude, we may have to step on the clutch and shift gears a little bit because here's what he does.
Speaker 4: So it's more studying and it's more paperwork essentially, But once you're in the game, you're gonna still do what you're gonna do. It's just the things you're looking for change life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's a mindset. It's a mindset when you're playing defense. When your mindset, because I talk about RPOs, I mean, if the young guy plays, he's liable to go anywhere at any time, and even if he goes the wrong place, he might out athlete you. That's what you have to That's the thing you can't prepare for, but you have to mentally know that that's a possibility. The other guy, the veteran. You've got to be a point on and spot on with your placements wherever you are, because he'll find you if you're out of place.
Speaker 1: Boy, you blew my mind with some thing you said, Coach, I hadn't even considered the possibility that they might just play both guys.
Speaker 2: The ultimate plot twist.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they absolutely could, because you don't I mean, we don't know, right, we don't, and we don't know, and we don't know. We don't know how healthy Richardson really is. And let's just rewind a little bit to what we've been watching when we study tape. They've had success with Flacco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you could also let's just say the owner wanted to make sure the young quarterback played, which happens with owners sometimes. Yes, you could probably make sure that was okay. If you played them both. You could get what you need to do because Flacco's playing well, and you could make mister ear say happy because the young guy.
Speaker 3: Well, here's how you could couch it too. I mean, because we don't we don't know if if young Richardson is completely healthy yet or not.
Speaker 1: Right, So we'll just we'll.
Speaker 3: Play him to a limit, but we know that we have this safety belt ready to go in Hmmm.
Speaker 4: The more he talks, the more that seems like what we're going to see on Sunday. And that's just I mean, that's based on nothing but my brain going.
Speaker 1: That's why he's the best.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean, that's that's why.
Speaker 1: He's got a poster on the wall here in the studio. Yeah, just him.
Speaker 3: People talk about that poster. That's so good.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 3: You did me such a solid, y'all did by putting that up in here.
Speaker 1: Well we had to. Well then it's Ciavera named the studio after you.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 2: He called it the Coach Max Studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the trip we can't really do.
Speaker 3: That, you understand. Chico and I have got a real history. Oh yeah, which is as a legitimate He was a legitimate dude and a room full of legitimate dudes.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yep. All right. So final question on topic three is, as the Titans prepare for the possibility of both Richardson and Flacco playing quarterback for the Colts on Sunday, does that change personnel grouping?
Speaker 3: Yes, it does, Okay, it absolutely, it absolutely does because you know, if you've got if you've got Richardson in there, there's always the possibility. And it depends on down and distance. Sure, it's down in distance, and it's it's it's the personnel that they have. You know, are they gonna be in twelve with two tights? Are they gonna be in eleven? They've lost Michael Pittman Junior? How much eleven are they gonna feature Are they gonna feature Moley Cox Moore now that they're big combat catchers out of there. That all depends but to say yes or no to your question. The answers yes.
Speaker 1: What's interesting. We hadn't even brought up Pittman at this point not playing, but that is such a huge deal because Pittman and we talked about this yesterday. Yeah, Pittman is targeted so much, and in games against the Titans, eight games he's played against the Titans, he's been targeted in the average of ten point three times. Last year he was targeted almost ten times a game. I mean, there are very few receivers in the NFL who are targeted that much, who they just you know, want to get the ball to. I mean, for Richardson, that's a big deal because he's a safety blanket for Flacco. It's a big deal because if you're a veteran quarterback, you're always going to throw the ball to the dude who's going to catch it and make something happen that you can count on. That's a that's a big loss for them, not just because he's a good player, but because he's such a big part of what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was really yesterday when we were talking and you were bringing all of this up, because you, I mean, as you always do, you researched it down to the nth degree. I mean, it was it was fascinating. Really, I didn't realize, thank you, I didn't realize how much he had been But here here's here's Michael Pittman Junior. Because I had Michael Pittman senior when I was coaching at the Cardinals. He doesn't have to be open to throw it to him. That's a huge key. He's a massive combat catcher and has gotten better and better ever since he's been in the league. So if especially with a young quarterback, if you've got somebody you can spin it to that doesn't have to be open, or you can throw him throw him open, or you can throw him when he's covered and he'll still come down with it. Huge advantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six four two three.
Speaker 3: Well, and he's a lot like d Hop, different size, but d Hop doesn't have to be open to throw it to him. They'll find out a way to make the catch. And so I didn't realize the numbers that you put out. I mean, the targets are impressive. We don't have to worry about it. He's not gonna play.
Speaker 1: Hey, Titans fans celebrate each Titans when and enjoy the sweet taste of victory with a free donut at Kroger the very next day. Just download your digital coupone to score your free donut at any Kroger store.
Speaker 5: It's our way of saying thanks.
Speaker 4: Now, let's be clear, it's one free donut per transaction.
Speaker 2: While supplies last.
Speaker 4: Kroger Fresh for Everyone and official grocer of the Tennessee Titans, Tight Nut.
Speaker 5: Holm is at the forefront of all that we do.
Speaker 1: It's why we're so committed to caring for the places and spaces in which we work and live. Ashley, the official furniture provider of the Tennessee Titans. All right, as we come back, with coach Dave mcginnison the Snickers Hot Seat topic number four. We're putting you on the spot, We're narrowing you down here.
Speaker 2: I like this bringing the heat.
Speaker 1: Who is who is the Titans best player in September?
Speaker 3: The best player in September? I would have to say, h t Sweat.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, he shown up every week. He did played a lot of snaps too.
Speaker 3: He's shown up every week. And the other thing is is he's gotten better every week.
Speaker 1: Would you have said to Andre Sweat.
Speaker 4: I might have said, Nick Folk, Oh that's a good one. Yeah, he's been consistent. He's had, I mean, scored a lot of points for the team.
Speaker 3: Greatest what Mike Keith makes great calls up there, and of course you hear me laughing sometimes when he says it. But his best call, uh in the Miami game was after he kicked he started, he kicked the fifth one, he said, kick his down, it's up.
Speaker 1: You know what it is? Well, it was so good. I assume the audience is with us at that. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Well, who's yours? Mike?
Speaker 1: Nick Folk's a good one. Tom Very Sweat is a good one.
Speaker 2: Good job Mack.
Speaker 1: I probably I probably would have gone with Harold Landry and some of that is carryover from the second half of last year. For Harold to stay hot, I mean, he's on a pace for seventeen sacks this year and he is he could get there. He could get there. He could absolutely get there. And here's what he needs to get there. He needs for Big Jeff to be backing, so we start getting more slide protection, because I mean, Harold can beat most tackles one on one in this if he gets enough shots at him. You know who's had some shots but just hasn't been able to close the deal yet that I think is going to close the deal is I agree with you. Arden Key is so close to making so many big plays, and you just get this feeling that one of these weeks it's gonna be like crazy stupid and he's gonna have three or four sacks or something.
Speaker 2: He's going to be one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Really good's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: The Damn's gonna break and he's just going to have a game where he just plays out of his.
Speaker 1: Mind, kind of like the Titans defense with turnovers.
Speaker 2: Overall, Yeah, it feels like it's gonna be going to happen.
Speaker 3: Arden Key is and both of you are right. He's he's around the ball a lot, just like just like the lateral that he picked up, you know, in Miami. He's around the ball a lot. So I agree with both of you.
Speaker 1: It's coming all right. Topic five, Who is the player who will bust out in October?
Speaker 3: I think Tony Pollard?
Speaker 2: Mmm, I like that one, Tony Pollard.
Speaker 3: I think I think Tony Pollard. I mean he and ty J. Spears are a really nice, really nice combo punch, you know. But but Tony Pollard has been Tony Pollard's had a couple of runs called back for holding calls, but he's been he's been hitting it pretty solid this whole year. I mean, he's he's coming downhill this whole time. There's not a whole lot if you watch them, if you watch their individual drills, they I mean they they legitimately work on drills of jump cutting and of one step hitting it. I mean he's he's doing a nice job of that. And when you've got to back to student that. Plus, I think our center guard triangle is getting really solid, and the left side of our offensive line there's some creases. I think Tony Pollard.
Speaker 2: I think Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 4: I think he he feels like a horse that just wants to like just take off, you know, a dog maybe or something that runs fast, but you have to hold him back until they can actually take off. And I feel like he's had enough times now to understand the system, understand the rhythm with Will Levice, understand kind of what the vibe is, and now he can really just explode and do what he does really well. And Coach Callahan even said, it's on me, It's on me to find ways to get this guy the ball because we need to use more of that, that skill set, that power, that all the things that he can do. And so I think that I think that this next month could kind of be the month of Calvin to hope we're both right too.
Speaker 1: I think it's Taj Spears Whiche's statistics don't show how well he's been playing. I mean, he's made some good plays. Tony has much better stats right now. I think Taja is on the verge of a really, really big statistical game.
Speaker 3: The thing about Taij Spears is Taij Spears with the ball in his hand is a tough out he's a tough one.
Speaker 1: He's a tough out to somebody on defense you think's ready to break out, ready to bust out, I've got one. Can I go first?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: A money hooker, money hooker, and he and Quandre Diggs have this thing going. I got to interview Quandre Diggs yesterday. Wow. I just blown away by Quandre Diggs. What a what a pro. And he was talking about Amani and how they are really coming together and what fans of Amani that he and Jamal Adams were even last year in Seattle. They as as players, they look at a player on another team who plays their position, says, man, this guy can go, this guy can really really go. And uh, I think he's playing well. I think both those safeties are playing well. And I think you're getting ready to see something big happen for Amani.
Speaker 3: I think a money money hooker is one of those safeties that does everything so well that sometimes you forget that he's back there right And the other thing about him is coming out of Iowa. When you remember when we go back and watch his Iowa film before we drafted him, he did everything.
Speaker 1: He did everything, and that's and that's and that's.
Speaker 3: That that that that's huge. And I agree with you. I think I think the addition back there, I think it helps a money but money hooker is a pretty stabilizing force. Oh yeah, right now, with what's going on back there.
Speaker 1: Good football player, you got one on defense. I do.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at his stats right now. But you came to No, I'm looking at his stats, but you.
Speaker 1: Came did the show last night with Keith Bullock and he was watching the mess. He's a New York guy.
Speaker 3: He's a New York guy. Now, now you know what I put up with with him sitting next to me for seven years. For seven years.
Speaker 1: At one point we're having a discussion and I look over and uh, was it Lindor that hit the Grand Slam?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's going crazy. Oh yeah, he's going Lindor. He's going crazy.
Speaker 3: It's so great.
Speaker 1: And it's like we're doing a show that you don't care, now, you know. But the whole thing with Keith, I don't care. I'm just happy he's here. I love being around him. It doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 3: For all the years that I coached him, I sat like this and Keith set like where Amy was, except right here next to me the whole time. And every now and then, you know, we'd be watching tabe and I'd look over at him and he'd be doing something else nothing, you know what. But guess what. He's always paying.
Speaker 1: Attens, always taking it in. Yep, he's a smart guy. All right, who's your defensive guy that's gonna bust out?
Speaker 3: I think one of the inside linebackers.
Speaker 1: Okay, pick one.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, Kenneth Murray or maybe both. I was gonna say Kenneth Burray. That's whose stats I have.
Speaker 1: That's who you were texting.
Speaker 2: No, that's not who I was texting. I was just looking up because.
Speaker 1: Looking at your daycare camera.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have those anymore.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: My brain for Shepford that he has been really disruptive so far this season, and I was looking to see if the numbers verified what was in my brain, which is Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 3: And he give me this for your brain.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: My brain was right and the numbers back it up, and here we go, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, Titans fans, see Geek makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 4: Whether you're buying or selling football tickets, seat Geek is the place to do it. Seat Geek is the official primary ticketing partner of the Tennessee Titan.
Speaker 1: The most disruptive idea in ticketing ticket that works.
Speaker 5: Expect the expected.
Speaker 2: See geek.
Speaker 5: Set Geek.
Speaker 1: Made a rookie mistake this football season, Maybe you should have had snickers, because.
Speaker 4: Now you can enter for the chance to turn those rookie mistakes into prizes, including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Visit snickers dot com slash Rookie Mistakes for details. Time for the key ingredients of the game, delivered by Little Caesars Whenever you're ready go. The Titans have seen some good quarterbacks so far in twenty twenty four, but they've not seen one like the Colts. Anthony Richardson, who we think we're gonna see. He's big, and he's fast, and he has a big time arm. So key number one for the Titans. Make Anthony Richardson work on every play. Give him nothing easy. Speaking of big plays waiting to happen, the Colts have several big play guys on offense. They have them everywhere. They can take a play the distance at any time. The Titans have got to tackle well this Sunday. Good tackling. Key number two. Key number three, continuing to improve protection. The Colts don't have one pass rusher whose numbers blow you away, but they have several players who can rush the passer. The Titans must identify the pass rushers wherever they're coming from and block them. Tennessee must continue to improve their PA protection.
Speaker 4: Did we say you had to do this in sixty seconds or thirty sixty? Okay, you did it in fifty one.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 4: Little Caesars is the official pizza partner of your Tennessee Titans. Download the Little Caesars app and get your favorites delivered today. Delivery fees do apply, Matt, can we get you assigned to Pia Pizza Pezza?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Hang on, prop change.
Speaker 1: This is the OTP pre game.
Speaker 2: Thank you were.
Speaker 1: Every section of the show is sponsored. It's time for a mayotivation from Hellman's Mayo.
Speaker 4: Titans Cheers, be loud, and your Buffalo chicken dip make your mama proud. Helman's the official mayo of the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: Mayo Game Day, Be delicious.
Speaker 3: Mayo, Mayo, Mayo, Mayo, Helmans Mayo, Mayo.
Speaker 1: I think it's really time to end. This was really good, all right, So we're geared up for Sunday. Remember, Titans Game Day is on the air on Channel four in Nashville.
Speaker 3: And uh, by the way, that's a lot of fun doing.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of fun with our friend Chris Harris, Yes, and the great team there we're on this Sunday at ten thirty Central. Legend of the game this week is Kyle Vandenboch.
Speaker 3: Job one of my favorites. I had to fight so hard to get ca that's another story. Okay, you had to get Kyle Vandenbosch twice, didn't you. I fought so hard to get him drafted. I mean I can't even say the.
Speaker 1: Words you fight to get him here as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Jim Warshburn really fought hard to get him here, but we got That's a great story within itself. We'll tell that some other time.
Speaker 1: I'd we tell it Sunday morning. Well before Mayo Mayo Mayo Mayo. Just remind you Titans countdown is at eleven and then kickoff is set for twelve O to the Titans and the Colts from Nissan Stadium, the first division game for the Titans, actually the third one for the cold This is big. It's just really big because the Titans don't play another division game until November twenty fourth. Big. And then in the season with three division games, you win this one. If you're the Titans, you're two and three, one and oh in the division and you've dropped the Colts to oh and three in the division. That's huge. You move into second in the division. And granted, I mean you don't get anything for that right now, but you know, maybe you get a little momentum going to Buffalo, who has to play on Monday night football against the Jets.
Speaker 3: Everything you said in that little spiel, there is a.
Speaker 1: Fact to spiel. It doesn't sound positive. It is. For coach Dave McGinnis, thanks for being in the Snickers hot seat.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me here.
Speaker 1: Don't put any helmets on a side.
Speaker 3: I get pizza, I get mayonnaise, and I get Snickers that I want to hand out. Come to Coach Max's house please, you're gonna get a bunch of these boosted candy.
Speaker 1: Nice for coach Dave Forginnis and am Wells. I'm Mike Keith. Thanks for joining guys for this whatever it is, the edition of the OTP Pre Game