Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to batter Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and we are here with a fan favorite herself from Joey's season.
Speaker 1: Maria is on the podcast today.
Speaker 3: Are you drinking Caesar?
Speaker 4: I am a good eye.
Speaker 5: I think it's a freaking bloody Mary. It's so much better than a bloody Mary.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for our listeners, I am currently the only American on this podcast. We have two Canadians and they don't drink bloody Mary's in Canada. They drink Caesar's. And the different is clamato juice or tomato juice.
Speaker 3: Good job, Joey, good job.
Speaker 2: I Actually, I will say I like most things American, but I do agree that the bloody Mary in Canada is better.
Speaker 4: But yes, I respect it, thank you.
Speaker 1: Caesar is better because it's spicier.
Speaker 6: Its icier, it's more flavorful. Like bloody Mary's are hit a mess if it's not properly seasoned. The bloody Mary is like genuinely gross. It's like watery tomato juice.
Speaker 4: I can't drink it. The tomato juice. I just can't do it. I just can't.
Speaker 5: But I respect clemodo juice is the way to go. But anyways, I am having one as we speak. I had one on the show and everyone was like, is she drinking a bloody Mary? And I was like, guys, put some respect on Caesar's because we were in Jasper And I was like, oh yeah, like ten of them.
Speaker 3: Oh the bad the time? Yeah, so good, so good, my favorite. How are you, Maria? Where are you right now?
Speaker 4: I'm good. I am at home. I'm in Woodbridge right now.
Speaker 3: So do you live full time in like an apartment in Woodbridge?
Speaker 4: It's a house, but yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Nice. What made you decide? I feel like that's so? How far is it rare from like market, like an hour?
Speaker 2: Like what do I?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like an hour? Probably you're like Kleinberg bolt in.
Speaker 4: Area right waiting in Plinberg.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's like an hour. And then you're what like an hour from the city.
Speaker 5: Half an hour depending on how fast you drive, but yeah, I would say forty five minutes tops.
Speaker 6: What made you decide to base yourself in Woodbridge versus like downtown Toronto.
Speaker 5: Well, I lived in Toronto for a little bit and it just wasn't for me. I mean, I'm not like, I don't know, I like being close to the family and my friends were all here, and if I ever want to go to the city, it's literally half an hour forty five minutes away. I was.
Speaker 4: It was just like a quick car ride. So I was like, I'd rather be home.
Speaker 5: And then my dad and I invested in this house, and it was just it all makes sense to just be here. But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if you're you were just you were just in New York. We saw you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was I there you are? Yeah? Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you just come in for the weekend.
Speaker 5: I was with the sisters in Philly and we were planning on doing like one night in New York, and then I spoke to Jason's manager and he was like telling me about the party that they're throwing, and so I wanted to come support Jason, and yeah, that's what I that's what.
Speaker 4: I supported the shit out of him that night and I had way too much fun.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, you are not dating Jason, that's not a thing.
Speaker 5: No. But I mean I've seen all over the internet you can't even post a photo like innocently with anyone anymore. I didn't know that that was the case. I really truly didn't.
Speaker 3: How are people speculating that you and Jason were dating.
Speaker 4: More than me and Jason. But yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Do you What do you drink?
Speaker 1: What's your drink? A choice?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Well, to make it easy, I'll do like vodka cran or I'll do a tequila soda like that's just.
Speaker 4: An easy quick drink.
Speaker 5: I don't And then sometimes I'll do like well, if whenever I can get it, I'll do a Caesar or if we're just all just hanging out, I like a beer.
Speaker 4: I'll have a beer.
Speaker 3: What kind of beer?
Speaker 5: I like?
Speaker 4: But corona hits different when you're on a beach.
Speaker 5: But so I don't usually do beer, but when I'm at airport like bars, I do beer all the time.
Speaker 2: When I have a sip of book, like, I don't really drink corona. But if I do it, what do you drink beer? It takes me to uh, back to Maxwell. I like Peroni? Hum Peroni?
Speaker 6: You never had an Italian beer? I don't know what would it be similar to.
Speaker 3: I would say it's like a light beer.
Speaker 1: It's like a it's similar to like a stella.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Like part of it.
Speaker 1: Till you know what I like.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I won't drink a lot of them, but I I like Guinness.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'm never in three years of being with you seen you drink a Guinness, So I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 2: I actually drink them. I actually drink them when I go to when I go out.
Speaker 3: Do you know the Guinness tests.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it's like if you get a Guinness and they serve with you in a Guinness glass, it says Guinness on it, and the challenge is like you and another person and like do a chug and try to land the line like in the very middle.
Speaker 3: It's either the middle or the bottom.
Speaker 4: To day, I wish she told me this. I would have loved to do that, I know. And then whoever drink it's.
Speaker 6: All it's three pm on a Tuesday in coffee.
Speaker 4: I thought that's the point, and.
Speaker 3: I knew you were drinking.
Speaker 6: I would have made myself a drink. Well, maybe next time we'll bring you back.
Speaker 2: All right, let's bring this let's let's uh, let's bring this thing back to the beginning.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how did you get on?
Speaker 6: Oh wait, can I ask a question before we get into this as So, before you go on the Bachler, what is your dating history?
Speaker 4: I was very open and ready for this experiment.
Speaker 6: But like, had you had serious boyfriends casual boyfriends?
Speaker 5: No? I hadn't dated someone seriously in a long time. I had like situationship going, like but it wasn't working out, you know, stuff like that. But as for like boyfriend and girlfriend, no, not in a long time. And that's where I was struggling. And I was like, Okay, what else can I do at this point? Okay, right, let's go on the Bachelor.
Speaker 3: So you're living in what bridge, you're working? What did you do?
Speaker 5: I'm an assistant. Well, I work with my dad's company. Like it's like a family owned business. My brothers are in there, my uncle's in there, Like it's.
Speaker 4: Just a yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: What kind of business?
Speaker 4: He it's a sprinkle company. No.
Speaker 6: Every time I say, is it cupcake sprinkles or lawn sprinkles?
Speaker 3: Like sprinklers?
Speaker 4: So no, No, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Every time I say they're like sprinklers, like like the water, I'm like, no, guys, sprinkles like the shapes and sugars that you see on like baked goods and like all that stuff. So we're a supplier and we make it in our factory and stuff like that. And yeah, I don't know why people always say it's sprinklers, but it's not.
Speaker 4: It's a candy company.
Speaker 5: My dad used to own a chocolate factory and before this with his grandfather, with my grandfather, sorry, with his dad, and so we've always been in candy.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's so fun, Like what have fun industry for your family to be working in?
Speaker 3: Say that sprinklers?
Speaker 4: Know every I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: Every time I'm like, my dad owns a sprinkle company, He's like, they're like sprinklers.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, spring, Am I saying it weird?
Speaker 3: No, you're not. I think just people.
Speaker 2: So when I get an ice cream cone, someone's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Well, would I get it?
Speaker 4: It would be my dad's Yes, they.
Speaker 1: Could be your dad. So when I get an ice cream cone, I get sprinkles, that could be your dad.
Speaker 4: Yes, because he worked, Yes, yes, yes, wow.
Speaker 6: So next time I get an ice cream cone, I'm gonna post it and I'm gonna say sprinkles by at Maria.
Speaker 4: Why not? You never know? You never know?
Speaker 3: Okay, I have to ask ask me.
Speaker 6: I heard a rumor that you were dating at one point one of Drake's best friends.
Speaker 4: Oh Lord, have mercy on me.
Speaker 3: False now comment.
Speaker 5: No, I don't mind talking like we're we're cool. So I actually have no problem talking about this. You know, he owned a restaurant with Drake in Toronto, So Drake in Toronto is a big thing, obviously, but it's not as.
Speaker 6: Like, no, I know being from Toronto. It's like everyone it's like two people away from being connected to Drake. Yeah, like it's like he's very accessible, not accessible, but you know, I know what you're saying, but.
Speaker 5: It's it's just not as crazy to think that, like there's ties to Drake in Toronto.
Speaker 6: You don't similar to like Shawn Mendes or like Justin Bieber. It's like everyone knows someone who like played hockey with Justin Bieber when he was a kid, or like went to school like dated friends of Shawn Mendes.
Speaker 4: Right exactly.
Speaker 3: So just a local celeb but still cool.
Speaker 5: He's Oh my god, Drake is the most amazing person. He's so kind, so sweet, and yeah, so my ex boyfriend did have a restaurant with Drake, and so that's where that tie came in. And yeah, I got to meet him and know him through my ex and it's because, yeah, they were running a restaurant together.
Speaker 4: It was a very popular restaurant at the time.
Speaker 3: What was the restaurant?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, why am I blanking on the restaurant?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Rings Springs, Springs Springs.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, right now, sorry, what's the name Franks?
Speaker 5: Because now my friend, my other friend owns the the new it's called Marble Now and.
Speaker 3: He oh okay, so we went on King West.
Speaker 5: Yes, my friend Peter actually worked with Caitlin Bristow and we.
Speaker 3: Were at that event. Okay, we met Peter.
Speaker 5: Peter's Peter's literally the best and he owns Marble now but before it could be friends, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And then he owns the club's right there?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Is there a club right there?
Speaker 4: And Mademoiselle ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so okay, so how did you get on The Bachelor?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I I, well, yeah, funny, sorry, but like I always wanted to be on The Bachelor.
Speaker 4: I love the show so much. I watched it all the time.
Speaker 5: And so I've had a couple of producers reach out and then so the producer that I still kept in contact with as soon as I found out, like Joey was going to be the next Bachelor. I was like, please throw my my name, my name in the mix. I was like, I need to be in on this. And then yeah, it was. I had all the interviews like right, like one after another after another. I was I was a late addition, to be honest, because I remember it was August twenty seventh, that's my birthday, and I was in LA and I had reached out. I'm like, put my name in the mix. The next day I had my interview.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you were a late edition.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I truly I was.
Speaker 5: And I think it was because they kind of got to know me a little bit from the last year and they were like, okay, let's let's put her in.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was intense because it was like one thing after another after another after another, and it was moving very quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy, because I was.
Speaker 6: I heard I applied on July twenty fifth, I think it was, and I heard back on July twenty seventh, and I remember that being a whirlwind because that was like two months before filming, So I can't even imagine, like you literally probably left like two weeks later.
Speaker 4: Oh honey, two weeks. I wish, I wish I had three days to pack. Three days.
Speaker 5: I didn't really know if I was going to be on. I wasn't getting like one hundred percent yes. I was always in the dark, and I was just waiting to get that yes so I can tell my dad. I was like, Okay, I need to like sit down and have a conversation with my family because I'm giving things very very hush hush, and until I got like I went through an extensive process, like you know, everyone knows, and so I was just waiting for that confirmation so I could sit and have a conversation with my family.
Speaker 4: But it was three days before I knew I was gonna be picking up and leaving.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. Yeah, I had such a quick turn around. And the packing is so strenuous. I can't even imagine, because you guys are traveling, so you're packing for like every season under the Sun.
Speaker 5: I was so grateful that people liked how I dressed on the show, because I had no time. I would have ordered way more things. I would have I would tried on things and like seen what worked, wouldn't. But that's why I'm grateful, you know what, maybe it was better to have little time, so I had less time to think about it and just do it and just kill it whatever.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, I three days.
Speaker 6: You did have some like iconic style moments, though, Did you have something like a favorite outfit that you wore that you're like, oh, I felt so good that well Night one, I.
Speaker 5: Mean that dressed to me was one of my favorite dresses of all time. I just never knew when and where I could ever wear that, and it was hit or miss, like I had like a bunch of people tell me they loved it, but then so many people tell me that it was the ugly, ugliest dress in bachelor history. So I was like, oof, but that was one of my favorite dresses. It was a little risque, but I loved it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was vintage designer right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was amable and I and I love her vintage stuff, so for me, that was like the perfect excuse to wear it.
Speaker 4: And then that's why I was like, like some people loved it and some people were like, oh no, no, no, no, never again.
Speaker 3: So uh no, I loved it. I thought it was great.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like I said such nice things about Night One, Thank you.
Speaker 5: I I heard the podcast and and honestly, yeah, that thank you for.
Speaker 2: Saying that, of course, going being being someone that liked the show prior to going on it, Yeah, was your experience what you expected?
Speaker 4: Hmm, good question.
Speaker 5: I mean I just my thought process going into the whole thing was just make it past Night one.
Speaker 4: Like I did, didn't have an endgame.
Speaker 5: I didn't have a like perfect vision of what my time on the show would be.
Speaker 4: Like you know, I had.
Speaker 5: Someone in the past tell me that like, oh, I feel like he's been on the show before. And I remember he was like, you're going to be the villain. And I remember being like, why, why the hell am I going to be the villain?
Speaker 4: Like what would I do? And he's like, it's not going to be your fault.
Speaker 5: But I just have a feeling if you were ever to be on the show, like this is how your time would be. And I remember going against that, and I just remember just being like, I just want to get past Night one.
Speaker 3: Wait who said that?
Speaker 4: See my mind my mouth just just like a like a.
Speaker 1: Past contestant, undisclosed past.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually it's not who you guys are thinking too.
Speaker 5: I just like, yeah, no, just an old friend, uh, yeah, and I was. I just remember just being like, I just want to make it past night one, like I you know, but I to say that I had like a idea of how things were gonna go, or like feeling confident.
Speaker 4: No, I thought I was gonna go home night one.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: I was one of the last.
Speaker 5: Roses that night, and I just remember being like, oh that's it.
Speaker 4: I'm gone. I'm a goner.
Speaker 6: But yeah, the Rose order will mess with your head too, especially later.
Speaker 3: On not as much, but like early on, like that first night.
Speaker 6: I remember I was like like I think I was like Rose eight and I was like you're just waiting and you're like, yeah, what, Like, oh my god, it's going.
Speaker 3: It's going.
Speaker 6: And like you see the people get like the first Rose or two and you're like, damn it, like he's in love with them.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I And I remember the you know what's so funny like watching it back, they're so like the way that they recorded it was so funny. You see me like trying to like it looks like I'm like looking at joy to be like you know, and he like, look it is the way it looks.
Speaker 4: But I don't.
Speaker 5: It didn't actually happen this way, but where he's like looking at me and then he goes daisy like that happened like.
Speaker 4: Ten times Night one. I was dying of laughter. I'm like, no way literally looked. I was like, and he was like looking at me and then he would turn and go kelsey a Like I was like, why are they doing that to me? I look like such an idiot right now?
Speaker 5: But but yeah, no, Night one's so nerve racking, like you just never know, you just never know.
Speaker 4: It's almost a good first impression, and that's where I'm like, I feel like I had in the bag. But then when you get to the rosamer and your ceremony, you're like, yeah, you have nothing. You don't know what the hell you're doing. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I think Night one's hard too, because no one thinks that they're gonna be going home unless maybe they didn't get the chance to talk to him. But like, I feel like anyone that talks to the lead is like I feel good, but you just someone's gotta go.
Speaker 4: Well with my conversation. I didn't really feel that that good.
Speaker 3: I'm really why not.
Speaker 5: I mean, we were going against each other with movies and stuff like that. And I didn't know the movie that he mentioned, and I didn't know if that was going to be like a like a.
Speaker 4: Make or break moment for him.
Speaker 5: He was like, this bitch doesn't know what remember the Titans is Center as Packing, So like.
Speaker 3: The was that's the movie?
Speaker 4: No guy, listen?
Speaker 3: So I never seen it either, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: And I try. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: I want you don't like the movie.
Speaker 5: You don't like I watched the movie after and it just it wouldn't be on my movie list, and my movie list is so important.
Speaker 4: To me, and like it just wouldn't be on my movie list. But I was a movie you said, well I gave okay, so this would happened.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to go in there being like I want to like open up to you with my feelings right now.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you my family and whatever.
Speaker 5: I was like, I actually know if Geminis are really assholes, and I want to know, like what your favorite movie is, Like I want to like shoot the shit with you the way I would normally do with a guy at a bar, like that's who I am. So I was like, okay, give me your top three movie list, do you guys want to hear his top three? Yeah, Tarzam the fucking the Cars, and I love, like, like Phil Collins the song in that movie, like that is like to this day, to.
Speaker 4: This day is amazing. So okay, fine, I let him have it. Inception. I let him have it. I like Inception. It's not my movie list, but I like the movie.
Speaker 5: And then he goes remember the Titans, and I remember going like humph, and he was like, okay, give.
Speaker 4: Me you're freaking top three. And then I said, what did I say?
Speaker 5: I think I said, what the fuck did I say?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 5: I want to tell you guys the truth because I don't want to line just named three top movies now, But I said, uh, the wedding singer. I said, Happy Gilmore and then I said Goodwill Hunting. And then he was like, oh, can you name anyone else other than Adam Sandler movies?
Speaker 4: I'm like I just did.
Speaker 5: But like you're like like going back and forth and like, how do you know remember the Titans? I'm like, well, how are you not gonna appreciate the wedding singer? Like are you crazy? So we were like, you know, bantering back and forth.
Speaker 2: But then in my head.
Speaker 4: I was like, wait, was it banter or is he actually mad?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And then so I was like waiting at the Rose, I'm like, Oh, this fucker is gonna kick me off, and I'm gonna go watch this movie and fucking jump off a cliff.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it ended up working out. We laughed about it.
Speaker 5: But to be honest, my movie list is top tier, and and I realized something like moving into maybe a relationship, like I need a guy to love and appreciate the movies that I love and that's so telling to me.
Speaker 4: And yeah, but.
Speaker 2: When we go top three movies, are you going and you're going, You're not. These aren't the best movies you've ever seen. They're just your favorite correct.
Speaker 4: There's no order. I can't.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could ever like break it down to like three of my like top top top.
Speaker 4: But my movie list is what's yours?
Speaker 6: Noah, tell me, tell me, Oh gosh, that's so hard.
Speaker 1: I'll go. I'll go first. All right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Ocean's eleven Love It's on my list.
Speaker 1: Ratituey, we paid, It's not a bad movie.
Speaker 4: Would have would I put it on my list.
Speaker 7: No, and then honestly, elf, oh I love el Okay three.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want hear alf Home alone.
Speaker 3: It is complicated. You love comfortable?
Speaker 4: Really, I was gonna watch that recently. I was like, Godfather, Oh the Godfather? Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: No, it's hard, it's hard, this is hard. This is hard.
Speaker 6: Okay, But I feel like you don't need to have the same movie list as the person you're dying, because like part of the fun is like then showing them your favorite movies.
Speaker 4: No, not the.
Speaker 5: Same movie list. I never said anything but the same movie list. I would feel like that's crazy. But I would like a guy to appreciate and be like, yeah, I want to watch the movies that I love, like that's so important to me.
Speaker 4: But also like having the same interest because I love quoting movies.
Speaker 5: I love like saying lines from things and that that was actually one thing Joey and I had in comment, like he would say something funny for a movie.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, like we would get it. But wait, what's your top three?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: What I had to talk about this, But I'm actually curious, like.
Speaker 6: This is Google hunting is in there? Google hunting? What's the one movie with Alison Brien Jason. I can never remember that.
Speaker 3: The sleeping with other people. I love sleeping with other people Jason and hmmm, I do love inception.
Speaker 1: Inception is good, but I don't know if it's in the top.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Oh gosh, I don't know. I have to think.
Speaker 6: We watch a lot of movies, Like, I've seen a lot of movies, So to put me on the spot for three is so hard.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It is hard.
Speaker 5: And that's where I was like, Okay, I'm gonna give him grace in this moment, but I I hate I almost got mad at myself for like not knowing.
Speaker 3: You know what, I do love step brothers.
Speaker 1: I might put that the Hangover. I mean the Hangover?
Speaker 4: Ye are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Sorry, that's a good classic, Like who knows, CAUNTI shot the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk. When did you know during the season that Joey was into you?
Speaker 4: Oh? Was there?
Speaker 3: Was there a moment must have at some point when like all right, like this guy.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, you had to know, like you're most like like yeah, like was there ever? Was there any point where you're like, I'm at least gonna be top eight.
Speaker 5: Okay I want to say, I want to say earlier on.
Speaker 4: Like maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Then, when you went one on one with Sydney, Oh yeah, did you go into that confident thinking that he was going to choose you over her?
Speaker 4: I'll say this.
Speaker 5: Did I go into it confident that he wasn't gonna send me home?
Speaker 4: Yes? Did I think he might keep her too? And like like.
Speaker 5: Weirdly like this two and ones did nothing for him, He's just gonna keep us both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a possibility. In my head.
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't know what she's gonna say to him, what she's gonna do. Like in my head, I'm like, maybe he might just be like, you know what, I'm still keeping them both.
Speaker 4: I don't know. But did I say I was gonna go home in my head? No? But was I still worried? Obviously? But like, I mean, who else was he gonna dance to Aba Mariya two?
Speaker 5: Imagine Sydney one and then they're saying there dancing there to Aba Muddy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That actually would have been funny though, I would have actually been the right move.
Speaker 5: But you can never be too confident obviously going into it, Like I said to myself, like, I know who I am.
Speaker 4: I have nothing to worry about. I didn't go in there wanting.
Speaker 5: To even talk about Sydney and like, and I made that very clear to him. I was like, I'm here to further what you and I have going on. And so I just knew that like if he was there for like, and I almost kind of went in there being like, this is gonna tell me a lot about Joey too, because if he's there entertaining this kind of BS, then like then he'll either a send me home or be keep us both. And so when he just like, you know, he got to the bottom of it and like in my mind, you know, trusted me and it did the right thing, then I felt very confident with him after that. But you can never be too confident. But did I go in there being like, oh, I'm a goner. No, Because at that point I feel like we had already like established something where you know.
Speaker 4: We're very attracted to each other, We're very like into each other.
Speaker 5: Not all conversations were shown, but like we had great conversations and like we're very interested in each other.
Speaker 4: So like to me, I was like.
Speaker 5: This would be such a waste if you're gonna believe something so whatever. But in my mind, I was like, there's no way, come on like Smyrn enough and then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know on at that point in the season, you hadn't had your one on one yet, but you had had enough time with him to establish like if there was a connection there, and I think it's obvious that there was, so it'd be it would make sense for you to go and being like we have an established connection, like I know, we're into each other, so something would have to go seriously wrong for maybe living today one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And that's why I like, even in my confessional, I was like, Sidney's weirdly confident, because not to say that I don't like, we don't always know what other people are like have going on with the with the lead and whatever, but from my experience and everyone knowing that, I had way more time with him than she had, so in my mind, I was like, you're really gonna now start focusing on like other things other than building your connection. That's what you should be feeling like you need to do most importantly. So when that wasn't the case, and that wasn't like what she wanted to do. I was like, yeah, you're doing yourself a disservice at this point because you've already fallen behind by default because you're you're not even getting any time with this guy. I already knew I had so much time with him where I was like, if he it's either he must say I'm like this, like I would. I would have been shocked by left, But now would I have been shocked if he kept her too?
Speaker 4: No, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: So you have watched the show before, obviously before you went on you're a fan of the show. Were you on this too?
Speaker 6: And when like kind of shocked on how your journey as a contest on the show has unfolded, because I feel like no one ever expects that for themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like nobody ever, Nobody ever goes in in it thinking like I'm gonna be the one that's stuck, you.
Speaker 3: Know, on a two on one in drama with these other people.
Speaker 5: Well, what I can say is like, you know, usually Okay, Well here's the thing. I never watched the show thinking that, like it's a play by play of like how you need to act or do or like everything happens in the past from like each previous season, it's gonna happen on this seat, and like I didn't think of it like that. I was just like, oh shit, like the two on one, Yeah, I know, the two on one, Like this is where two people don't get along and usually they don't make it far because they're.
Speaker 4: Both problematic and it's gonna be a mess.
Speaker 5: So when it didn't turn out that way, and like I actually moved forward, and not only that, but like we built something way stronger than that one moment and it was like so good, Like my one on one was like.
Speaker 4: Crazy good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But I think it came into play when I started self sabotaging because in my head, I'm like, oh, like I was on a two on one, everyone said I was this, that and the other thing, Like I'm this, he has all these things, like all these things in the back of his head where I'm like, there's no way I'm going to make it to the end, Like I brew my my like script has been written for me before this, Like I can't, like, even how good it's been, I still think that, like because of my journey up until this point has been so like this that's going to take its toll on me one way or another, and so I started sabotaging and being like, oh I'm going home, Like I yes, it's a good moment that we've had, but like we had to remember where I came, like where everything like or remember things that has happened up into this moment, and it became overwhelming because in my head, I'm like shit, like he still might think in the back of his head that I can potentially be this kind of person that they're they kind of like made me up to be, and like I just it was a lot because I was still it was like one battle I would be and then it's like another battle. Then I had to overcome that battle, and it was like another thing. It was one thing after the other after the other, where I was like, Okay, it's my time, Yeah, say my goodbyes.
Speaker 6: Did you feel like like that self sabotaging came from you being like he's never fully gonna be able to look past everything we went through in the first half of this journey, So like, why am I going to open myself up and be vulnerable just when I feel like so confident I'm gonna end up getting hurt in the end when like you had had kind of more of an up and down journey than the rest of the girls in Final four.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, one hundred percent, that was what the big problem was, And I think people failed to realize that because they're watching each each episode as it is, right, and so they it's like last week's up the episode was like all the drama, but then next week's episode wasn't, and so they forget that I actually went through that and I was actually living that in the moment.
Speaker 4: So for me, it was a build up of like insecurities because.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I I've gone over one thing, Okay, here's another, Okay, here's another, and now we're at a good place. But now I'm like, how do you know he's truly over all those things? Like he still did question it enough to put me on a two on one, So I'm like, my chances here are ruined.
Speaker 4: Like we're hard.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I was gonna say it was it hard to not compare yourself to the other girls as well, being like they've had such a smooth, like no drama journey.
Speaker 5: Yes, one hundred percent, like you see them like like how can you how could you not? You know, like, you know, I'm proud of myself and I'm out of like our you know, whatever you want to call it, that we were able to overcome because in reality, in real life, that's what you kind of do with your partner. You kind of learned how to navigate through stuff like this, like your ups and downs. And it was nice that we got to like experience that and actually like get through it together. And trust is a big thing, and I felt like he trusted me. But at the same time, like, yeah, like while I was falling behind because of all the drama, everyone else was having the like the best time, like no drama free, like there was no issues. So it was like, Okay, where do I even stand in all of this? Like little moments, one or two moments that could be great, fine, but then there's still so many things that kind of ruined. Not I want to say ruined, because I think everything happens for a reason, But at the same time, it's still kind of.
Speaker 4: Took its toll on.
Speaker 5: Our relationship, and I think our relationship ran its course and we were kind of grasping it stru us to try to like make things work, and I think I saw that, he saw that, and I was always that's where you saw myself self sabotage in Jasper when I tried to leave, because I was like, oh, it won't even matter if I leave, because he's already built something so much better with other girls, where I'm like, I'll easily slip.
Speaker 4: Out, And that's how in my head it felt.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think this right now is a perfect place to stop the podcast because we will be coming out with a part two very soon.
Speaker 6: Yep, So make sure to subscribe to Bachelor Happy Hour and stay tuned for Part two of our interview with Maria and many Marxists of interviews to come.
Speaker 1: Bye. I