Speaker 1: The volume. The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the number eight Ohio State Buckive totally take apart the number one team in the country Oregon Ducks by the score of forty one to twenty one. And even though it was a twenty lead win, the game really wasn't that close. If you watch that game, that was total I don't know if I've seen the number one team in the country get beat this bad get beat this bad oyo in a very very, very very long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and listen, I just have to say one thing.
Speaker 4: I want you to look at all the teams that had a bye week that had to buy I talked about the Kansas City Chiefs having a buye, you know, before they play their first game and having so much time.
Speaker 3: Off and look, look having to the teams grabbing the boys.
Speaker 1: You have to understand oho the NFL, they've been granted by its college don't normally get that, so this is very unique to them. But we'll see how this thing plays out. Thank you guys for watching us again. I am your favorite, Shannon Sharp, that guy Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame, Otterie, the Pro Bowl of y'all pro that's Chad Ocho, Senko Johnson. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts, and we want to thank you for helping us matter and for counting for us. Please check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock. The new year is upon us. What better way to celebrate the New Year twenty twenty five than with a bottle of Shade by Laportier. And if you cannot find it any city or state near you. Order it and we'll ship it directly to your door, and please drink responsibly. Please check out my media company, Shay Shpe Media on all of its platforms. My clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out, just dropped our newest release, which was shirts and sweats. We had beanies, coosies, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours Wild Supplies. Last ticket for the Super Bowl show in New Orleans our first spring tour stopper on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. In February sixth in New Orleans, be there. We've been nominated for Tools Sportscasts, two Sports Podcast Awards, Best American Sports foot Podcasts, and Best Sports Comedy Podcast. Please go vote Lincolns at the top of the chat and pan on our social pages and all of our social bios. Before we get started, OHO, obviously, what has transpired the Sugar Bowl between the Georgia Bulldogs and the fighting hours to Notre Dame was postponed and senseless act of terrorism, and so before we get into the show, we want to have a moment of silence for those that were impacted in all the New Orleans, New Orleanians that was impacted, the family, friends, and loved ones of the senseless and tragic. So we wi to take a few moments to pause to heartfelt condolences to those that were impacted by this. I know sometimes it's really hard for you to try to wrap your mind around some things that's so senseless. I would encourage you to be really vigilant, but not be afraid, go about your normal life, because that's what terrorists, cowards try to do. They try to put you in fear for your normal everyday activities. But we should not. We should be vigilant, but we should not be afraid. As we know, there is something that a person that sits high or spirit or whatever. You believe that since high looks low, he's the king of kings, he's the Lord of lords. He's the alpha and the omaker, he's the omnipotent one. And I know right now it's hard to understand, but I encourage God to give us all strength and understanding that what transpired today to start twenty twenty five, someone wanted their movement and they took this. They took the cowarge way to do just that to all those that's impacted, all people that lost loved ones, that lost family, that lost friends. The Nightcap crew, along with many other sins our heartfelt thoughts and prayers. We pray that you gain comfort. We pray that you have understanding and in time and only when you're ready, hopefully you find peace and solace in this OHR, my heart breaks. I can only imagine receiving the news that some people received that this had happened. But I do understand. But I do, I do sincerely in all my heart believe there is a Hower power and a Hower being, and we don't understand everything. It's not meant for us here to understand. But I do believe sunshine follows ray. And it's really dark right now for a lot of people in New Orleans and for the city of New Orleans, because I know your morning, I know you're hurting, but just know you're strong and think about what you've already overcome from Katrina and a lot of other things that have happened in that city. You're built for this. We're built for this, and like all things will get through this. O show the game that you just watched, the Ohio State buck Gys took apart the number one team in the country, the Oregon Dubs forty one in the Rose Bowl. Oregon, excuse me, Ohio State gets their revenge. It was one of their two losses on the season. They lost earlier in the year to Oregon in Oregon, but tonight there were really no match. Jeremiah Smith set the stage early. He had seven catches, a buck eighty seven and two touchdowns, but this was really a mismatch from the word jump. I think this is what's so frustrating about Ohio State because you see what they can be. Now. This is the team that took away, took apart the number one team in the country by twenty by three touches down, and lost on their own home field by a team that they were favored by three touchdowns. That's what's frustrating about them. And I think that's what but Ryan, they give him credit. We've been very critical him, not critical, we were critical of the game that he lost, losing to Ohio, losing to Michigan year and and year out. Having that level of talent that you have. Think about the quarterbacks that they've had, think about the wide receivers, thinking about the d lineman, think about the dbs from the Denzel Wards and the Jeff Okudas and all those guys that come out of there. So you ain't got no national championship, no national championship to show for. Also receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. Jackson Smith and Jigba you got, Chris o'lovey, you got Garrett Wilson. Look at those d lineman from Chase Young to Nick Bosa. Look at those quarterbacks justin fields and you have rescued soul. What's the guy that lost his life tragically, Dwayne Haskins. You had the other quarterback. And so you can understand why people like hold on, come on, coach day. You got this level of talent. They had a top what top six, top seven pig last year, the offensive tack of position. They're like, coach, hey, you got this level of talent and you losing to Michigan and you ain't got no national championship. But all would be forgiven if he takes this thing and and and and finish it out. Would Ohio State look good today? Ojo Ben ran the ball, well, they threw the ball, well, they stopped miss I mean the high powered offensive Oregon. Yeah, it looks very It looked very pedestrian, very mundane.
Speaker 3: Today it did listen.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe maybe I could be wrong, but I think I think the week the week off, I think it did more harm than good for him to be as flat as they look today, as well as Organs Is played all season long, being the number one team in the country, and the way they showed up today, that had to be a little bit of russ And not only was it a little bit of us, but it was too late and there was no room for the rust when you're playing somebody like Ohio State, who had a point to prove a losing the first time they met early in the season, and that's what they got. Jeremiah Smith, he said ahead of time, if you're played one on one, hey, if you played one on one, you're not gonna be able to come me. He went out there and it did exactly what he was supposed to do and handle his business.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about.
Speaker 4: It, people don't people right now are talking about Jeremiah Smith and how great he is and how good he is, and he's probably right now, even as a freshman, probably number one receiver in the country right now as a freshman. I've been watching young Bull at Shamanad down there in Miami.
Speaker 3: You know, for a few years.
Speaker 1: He'd been like.
Speaker 3: That in Little League.
Speaker 1: He was like that at Ohio.
Speaker 3: He is like that when he get drafted into the NFL, He's still.
Speaker 4: Gonna be like that. He been like that for a long time. Outside of that man, Ohio State looked very very well again. Hoping coach Ryan Day can finish the task at hand and for all the great players that have come through Ohio, Ohio State they can have they can hoist that trophy at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh c J. Stroud was a quarterback.
Speaker 3: You have me a J.
Speaker 1: Stroud. No national championship, Justicin Fields no national championship. Dwayne Haskins no national championship. That's three quarterbacks. Take it in the first round, now, lave first round pick Gas Wilson, first round pick Jackson Smith and JIGBA first round pick Marvin Harrison Jr. First round pick, Chase Young, the number two pick, Nick Bosa, the number two pick, Jeff Okuda, Denzel Ward. Come on now oo, come on, o'cho I mean people, hey, they make it seem like we just making stuff up. You got that level of talent year in and year out, and you ain't won no national championship and people like, oh oh, they're being too hard brow and you lose it to Michigan. I don't think I personally don't think that's a stretch. When you got that level of talent that's coming out year in and year out and you're underachieving, there's no other there's no other way around. In Ojoe coach day, you did a phenomenal job of having this team prepared and from the word.
Speaker 4: Jump mm hmm, I have a question, huh do you still is it? Is it considered underachieving the fact that you've had all these quality players year in and you're out, is it still unachievement simply because you haven't won the national championship?
Speaker 3: But the season, the season that.
Speaker 1: You think about it, you got offensive player to your offensive player to your offensive player to you think about you got quarterbacks C. J. Stroud justin fields and you had Dwayne Haskins insect session. Yes, hir, you think about you have Jaskins, Smith and Jake, but you had Gary Well, you had a lobby, you had Marvin Harrison Jr. Insect session and a lot of those guys played together. Yeah, you had a Chase, you you had Nick Bosler, a jeff O Cooter, Denzel Ward. Come on, roll yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Bro, that's ten first round picks right there. Yeah. And when I said the same thing about Coach Saban, Coach Saban said that the fans in Ohio State are psychotic. I asked Coach Saban this, if you had consistently lost to Auburn and you got Julio and you got Calvin Ridley, and you got Judy and you got Rugs and you got Waddle, and you got DeVonta Smith, and you got a Marik Cooper, and you got those quarterbacks, you got to her you got a Bryce Young, you got what's the guy that went to New England? Uh uh Matt John John Matt Jones, Okay, you got him. Now you got and plus you got a what's the guy Derrick Henry And you got Nig Harris, you got Damien Harrick. Bro, And I ain't even talking about the defense. I ain't gonna talking about what they got over there and win the national championship. Even after a couple of years of coach Saban and the Alabama fans, y'all know this. Even after a couple of years of not winning the national championship, after he had done one four or five, they said Coach Saban had lost his fastball. That man had got four or five national championships. And they say, and that with the talent, right, you got cowenty Williams, and you got Allen and you got all those guys. See made you better? Ay? You better you ay when you have that level of talent, O joke. I mean, think about Alabama, the level of talent that they put out every single year. Ohio State ain't far behind. The only difference is Alabama has one in the last fifteen years, has won six national championships, played for another three. That's the difference between them and Ohio State.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I would love to hear, especially in the chat and then probably people that are going to watch this after the fact and hear us talk about this and saying that Ohio State is under achieved based on the level of talent that they've had in succession there without winning the national championship.
Speaker 3: I'm curious to.
Speaker 4: Hit rebubbles and with the not excuses, but the reasons behind why they having one will be and you know, always find a way they come up with something. I don't want to call them excuses, but there are valid reasons depending on what they may be for whatever reason. I'm curious to hear what they have to say.
Speaker 1: Uh And Ohio State also had Joe Burrow, he transferred Lee he transferred with Yet you had Jamison Williams. Hey.
Speaker 3: I wonder how do they how do they lest up like that happen?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: How does how does Auburn? How does Florida let let Cam Newton? How does how does Ohio State let Joe Burrow get away? Do they not see the level of talent at that time? Or is the fact that they don't have it?
Speaker 1: But you got to be able to beat the guy that's in front of you out, Oh Joe Joe?
Speaker 3: Who was it Joe Burrow couldn't beat out at Ohio State?
Speaker 1: J T. Barrett? Sometimes it happened. Who was that? Was it? Dereck? Was it David Carr that couldn't beat out Billy Bowley at Florida? At Presno State? I think it was Derek. I think David Carr couldn't beat out Billy bullet Billy Bullick was like a fifth or sixth by day. David Carr was the first pick of the try out.
Speaker 3: So I'm maybe I'm confused.
Speaker 4: Did they had to get you beating these individuals out or these players had I don't want to play politics. I don't want I want huh, seniority, That's what I yes, seniority.
Speaker 1: Because Adrian Peterson said he didn't go to Texas even though he's from I think he's from Palestine. It's because they had a guy and and Mack Brown says, you won't play. You won't play a whole lot this year because we believe that the guy that's in front of the senior he deserves to play.
Speaker 3: See what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oklaholmer said, we're gonna let you play it. Okay, that's why it worked. It worked out well. Jameson Williams he left, well a lave you got Jackson Smith and Jagobo you got Gary Wilson. Okay.
Speaker 3: Jam O Jamo was at Ohio State.
Speaker 1: Too, he absolutely was. And sometimes Ocha, sometimes.
Speaker 3: It changell to go around.
Speaker 4: So I kind of understand that sometimes, uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, a change of scenery is good. Yes, Ohio State looked good tonight. I mean they ran. I mean the guy hit us head. I mean they just like, okay, we tied the throwing that maybe they preparing for the past. Let's just hand it off. They hand the ball off of the guy goes sixty four sixty.
Speaker 3: Five yards, No, sixty six sixty six.
Speaker 1: Oh how you go sixty on a handoff? You hit the hole, you hit the sideline, and don't nobody touch you.
Speaker 4: But no, and the player that even the players in the secondary taking the angle. I don't know what kind of angle they took.
Speaker 1: Ye, I don't know what he took. The first guy that mischief because they were so the other guys were so off far out of position, they were gonna catch you. Once he hit that sideline and he it was a rap. Yeah. But Will Howard seventeen of twenty six three nineteen three touchdowns, zero interception, Ohio State running attack, thirty one rushers, one hundred and eighty one yards, two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: I hate him killers back then I hit him killers.
Speaker 1: Well, that that's outside though. I think that was the car Henderson eight carriage for ninety four yards, two touchdown, longo sixty six. Judkins seventeen carries eighty five yards. But they did whatever they wanted to do and they were all over Dylan Gabriel eight sacks Like tonight, o Cho check us out. They had twenty eight rushes for minus twenty three yards. Let me repeat that, twenty eight rushes for minus twenty three yards. Now, a lot of that Oho came on sack yards. College. They still take the sack yards. They take it from your rush, yes, sir so. Dylan Gabriel carried the ball twelve times from minus forty three yards, so they're in lives. Why the minus twenty three but he was twenty nine or forty one for two nine two touchdowns. But give Ohio State, give high steak credit. They rushed three, they got pressure, they rushed for they got pressure. It didn't matter what they did. They could do whatever they wanted to do, and they took them apart. They were they were clearly the better team. Now, all the teams that I've seen played thus far, Ohio State looked the best. The best. The best college football team that we've seen in the college football playoffs thus far was Ohio State. What Ohio State did tonight now next week might be something entirely different, though, Joe, Georgia or North not to Day might come out tomorrow. I think the game is still as scheduled for tomorrow, right, Okay, Not to Day might come out here and blow us away. Georgia might come out here and blow us away. But the best team that we've seen thus far, top to bottom is the Ohio State Buckets.
Speaker 4: I wonder what the difference is though, Uh, I wonder what I mean, look look at looking at the game. You have a week to prepare. You've already played them to beat them once. So I wonder what the difference was. What did Oregon do wrong that they didn't do the first time they played?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Didn't Oregon get a couple of special teams touchdown the first time they played? I think I think something had had to go really well. But but to their credit, Oregon did have like five hundred yards of to Lofitz the first time. But oh, Joe, you're at home. You know you played better at home than you do.
Speaker 3: On the road.
Speaker 1: Especially college kid. Now you got to realize you're dealing with eighteen, nineteen twenty year olds. These aren't professionals, well, they are somewhat some of them are professional. Well, they get paid like professionals. Yeah, let's let's do that. Let's say that. And so yeah, I mean fourteen points in the first quarter, they got twenty points in the second quarter. That was thirty four. Oregon scored right before the half went for two. Got it made it thirty four to eight. But the game really wasn't that close. Let's be let's be realistic. The game really wasn't that close if you watched it. I don't think anybody thought once that game got the twenty, got that game got the twenty one or nothing. I don't think anybody thought, man Orgon gonna come back. I don't think anybody thought that, not even Oregon fans, not even Phil Knight. And he might be the most he might be the most diehard Duck fan. He knew it was over. Yeah. Will Howard seemed to be finding its stride three hundred nineteen yards, three touchdowns, Hire a second straight game of three hundred plus passing yard and his third this season, and freshman wide receiver Jeremiah Smith had a career day seven catches, one hundred and eighty seven yards and two scores. Look, Ohio State has had some receivers. It started with Chris Carter, and you know you come on down.
Speaker 3: A lot of them, man, it's a lot of them.
Speaker 1: David Boston. You know they've had, you know, obviously this run of receivers. You had Michael Thomas, They've had some receivers. But this kid, as big as he is and the way he can move. Because most guys Michael Thomas was big, he ain't fast like this kid. Even Cec couldn't run like this kid. Listen up. The guys a little on the smallest side. Now a lobby, I think a lobby. And Gary Wilson a little bit.
Speaker 4: They fifteen pounds, they a little bit more wise, a little bit angler.
Speaker 3: I mean, no disrespect, right chat. They all stay with me.
Speaker 4: Now, I've been watching Jeremiah Smith's since I since high school. He was at Shamanad right, So my comparison even at the collegiate level, even as a freshman. Now, I know my eye, I know my eyes. My eyes ain't feeling me. I got twenty two in the vision I got. If I was in the Marines, I'd be a sniper. That's kind of vision I got to him. Jeremiah Smith comparison right now to me is no different than Julio Jones, and it was at Alabama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: That that that that's him.
Speaker 1: That is him.
Speaker 3: There's no weakness in this game.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: The man bump and runs zone carpets, going deep, in immediate short, hitch your head off the gold post or anything that everything.
Speaker 3: He's well rounded and does everything very well.
Speaker 4: Everything so us when I compare them Julio Jones with some people might be over that direspectful. Slow down a little bit. You know, he's young, He's only a freshman. I'm telling you he's.
Speaker 3: Only going to get better.
Speaker 1: He's only going to improve.
Speaker 4: He's only going to get faster, stronger, get a better understanding of the game. Dude, trust me. That's his comparison. And he will be the number one pick.
Speaker 3: In the draft.
Speaker 4: Unless it's a quarterback that comes out of nowhere and just blows us all the way. Jeremiah Smith will be the number one pick in the draft. I'm not sure what what year would that be?
Speaker 1: She got two more years. He's a freshman now. I think he's nineteen, but it all depens. See, he can't come out until he's twenty one because his class. He's a freshman now, he had been red shirted. You know, hey, he can come out next year because this class would have graduated, but you can't come out into the class that you come in graduate. That's gonna put him two more years. But guess what he good, he'd be making two three million dollars a year. It ain't right. It ain't like the old days when you stayed in school. Maybe you got a challenge or a charger, or you got some you got a free meal here and there in that bag he got. Now they making you know, they're making eight hundred million dollars a year. N I l deals when you saw what the kid, the college kid that's going to Michigan gut he.
Speaker 3: Got twelve and a half million, the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got twelve and a half million, and he got and he got something else. Oh and he gets tutored, uh, tutored by Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Hey, have you seen your footage your film on him?
Speaker 1: Is he really like that? He liked that? He liked that. Yeah, Now put it like this, he was like that in high school. There's a lot of kids that would like that in high school, like that in college. Adrian Peters would like that in high school and in college you look at him like damn. Drrick Henry was like that at every level. Adrian Peters whould like that at every level. Ed like that. Some guys. It doesn't battle Randy Jerry, even though Jared went to Mississippi battle people like, oh, he only doing that because look way doing it. Okay. They said the same thing about Walter Clayton.
Speaker 3: He do against Jack.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's an all time leader Russian. Jared's the all time leading receiver. So yeah, it was it was. That was a game Ohio State, they put it on him. Oregon got to go back to the drawing board. Ball Texus. Now, this is the type of game that I like the watch.
Speaker 4: This was a good game. Look, listen, I don't know. I don't even know what the tickets. I don't know what the ticket prices were. I don't care if they with thosebed I don't care if you were sitting at the fifty yard line. This was This is what you call a game that's worth this money. I don't care how much it costs. Yes, I don't care how much it costs. This is how football should be. Weekend and with yat.
Speaker 1: The Texas Longhorns beat the Arizona State while Sun Devils and an OT thriller, a double OT thriller. The number five Texas squander the sixteen point lead in the fourth quarter, miss two field goals in the final two minutes of regulation, and still somehow managed to escape with a thirty nine thirty one double overtime win over the number four seed Arizona State in the Peach Bowl. The chick for Late Bowl. Yeah, oh cho no, sorry, as I just texted him, congratulations. Want to try to get him on here one of these for the next couple of days, so maybe we can, uh, we can, we can get him on there. He's white. They're flying back now, so or we would have had his ass over. But man, this was a game, Oh Joe, this is how it's supposed to be. Ain't nobody trying to see No double ditch? Everybody win him by double ditch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought I thought it was Listen, the way it started out, I thought it was on the State was gonna get blown out.
Speaker 1: Now they fourteen fourteen to what was the fourteenth three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they man, they jumped out on top of them boy's head. I'm like, oh man, I'm from the turn of Channel'm from the turn of channel. And then obviously things started to change, things started to move. And I don't know what's wrong with college kickers. Hell, I don't even know what's wrong with NFL kickers. You have one job, You do one thing the entirety day of practice.
Speaker 3: You kick the ball. That's it. Texas kicker almost cost them almost They missed two Keith Field goals that could have seen the win.
Speaker 4: Now they did win the game, but ain't no telling what what could have happened?
Speaker 3: Ain't I'm telling them what could have happened?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: God damn Cam, how you got you.
Speaker 1: Say a young bull?
Speaker 3: Last name to state? Scott the boat?
Speaker 1: Scat scat boat, cat boat? Is it scatable? Because they were they were saying scatable, that's a scat boat. I'm confused.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what I'm gona call him. I'm gonna call him scat pack. I'm gonna call him scam scam cam scat pack.
Speaker 3: Okay, and he nice boy.
Speaker 1: Now he's a singer too. He coming out, Uh cam scatterboo.
Speaker 4: Okay, cam scat cam scat back scatterboo.
Speaker 3: I know you're probably gonna see this. I know you're probably watching the show.
Speaker 4: Listen, if you don't see it, I know my son gonna let you know, boy, you the real deal, boy, you and me, he will see huhuh yeah, I think so he'll see you. Well we have you know you belong you belong you. He run the ball like he belonged to. He's supposed to play for the Ravens of the Browns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna be. He's gonna be a rare. He's gonna be a white running back. We don't see. They don't come along very after. Come along WoT Joe.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, you know he he's gonna be like I mean, I'm gonna give you a good name right here.
Speaker 3: Tell me if you remember this Peyton Heillis. Yeah, yeah, little little Peyton Heillis, don't give up.
Speaker 1: Run hard.
Speaker 4: If you're getting the way, he can shake you a little bit. He got he got a little he got a little little move to him.
Speaker 1: Now, well you remember Hills was in that backfield with Darren McFadden and the other kid that went to they went to the Cowboys. What's the other guy named? I mean, they would they were doing it. You remember Fadden and uh, what's this? I can't think of the guy's name. What's what's the guy's name? Got? I know, y'all people talking about Toby Gerhart, Uh the old cardinal, Stanford Cardinal. What's uh he was uh at Arkansas? Phelix Jones. You remember Phelix.
Speaker 3: Remember Phelix Jones, McFadden.
Speaker 1: Yes, all they was in the backfield. Yeah, yes, yes, Uh, but this is what game is supposed to be. Quinn Ewers twenty of thirty three thirty three twenty two three touchdowns one of the exceptions.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They didn't run the ball particularly well. Thirty carries fifty three yards. Golden had a big cab uh say him for buck forty nine, Helm had three for fifty six and uh m hmmm Oho. Yeah. I think Arizona State's gonna be kicking himself. They kind of I think they kind of let this will go. You can't let that guy get over your head in that situation, Ojo, that that that touns down, that first s touched down in ot Yeah, Ojo, you can't let it. You can't. I mean that, you just can't.
Speaker 3: That should have been the number one rule from the coach. Keep everything in front of you.
Speaker 1: Nothing, every number rule. Oo, the number one rule. Lay the ball game. Nothing cheap, nothing deep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keeping it fronting, cheap, nothing deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care if he catches. I don't care if he catches fifty yard right in front of me. It's when you try to be the hero and get you a cheap Yeah. That gets you in trouble. Yeah, ain't no way, same thing. You the last lone of defense. If he's even with you, you're wrong. It's a rap.
Speaker 3: It's a rap.
Speaker 6: Oh Joe, it was thaw down four to thirteen. Oh Joe, you cannot give that up. You can't, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: My heels on the goal line. I'm thinking I think they throw the hellburry. Oh Joe hop on the gold line by he was on the goal line. I not get down. Not get down. You're not getting bad.
Speaker 7: Up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, Yeah, I don't want to. I don't even want to blame the coaches. I don't want to blame coaching. As a player in that situation, you've got to have some type of awareness, some type of wearness and understanding, understand the situation that you're in and know you just you can't be you can't get beat, not in that situation at all, and if you need if I am, let him make a great play, but let me be in position. Yeah, he's gonna make a play at least let me be in position. And he have to make a great play in order to catch that.
Speaker 1: Man. I was like, oh my goodness, oh, fourth and thirteen, you give up that. But I think Arizona State showed that they belonged. I was like, well, they didn't belong that week conference and they didn't do this, and this team didn't do that. They played, they gave Texas all they could hand them.
Speaker 3: They definitely belong and or oh, Joe, when you watched Quinn yours, what do you think?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: It's hard to tell. It's hard to tell at this level. Obviously to me, if you have enough, if you have enough talent around you, enough players at this kind of level, any quarterback and look good. Uh So, what kind of quarterback is huors? Is this type of quarterback to go to the NFL and elevate the talent around them? Who is the kind of quarterback where he needs the talent around them that to be able to go.
Speaker 1: I don't see him elevating anybody, don't. And the mere fact that he's thinking about coming back. Lets you know, because normally guys who come back, where he's gonna come back to Texas, He's gonna transfer. I don't even go to the league.
Speaker 3: He's not finish. See the field before and where? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, he probably if he gonna come back, he probably gonna come back somewhere else. But I doubt it's Texas because he's not gonna be arch manning out.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been reading I don't know if these reports are true, O Joe, but I've been reading that there's some some some team, some some college team got six million dollars in the NIL money for Okay, I just when I just watched him, I'm like, bro, that ball that he threw that got picked. I'm trying to figure out the love, the love that he loved. Yes, the hospital ball. Yeah, I still don't know where he was storing it because the backside safety and the front like was there. So I'm just trying to figure out saying, Okay, well, who what did you see? What did you what did you think you saw?
Speaker 4: I know what did happen on that play right there? But they ran it in practice multiple times and in practice it was open.
Speaker 1: And you know why it was open. You know why it was open to tell them people at home what they say. They tell the something the safety to do, what jump the underneath so we can throw the ball over your damn here.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what he did anyway, instead of understanding and reading your coverage, you know, and you're just letting the ball go and it's not open.
Speaker 1: Because that's the that's what happens. What happens is, hey, you go draw the thing up and then the guy circle. Okay, we want to throw the ball. Now the guy's running. The scout teams say, a safety, you dropped the crossing route and we're gonna throw the posts over your head. Boom. Well come game time, hey, can you drop this over? Can you drunk this over roupe so we can throw the post behind your head. He gonna read it, right, dug, you should read it. But you see what happens, don't yoe? When you make your mind up pre snap that you throwing the ball. Yeah, that's what happens. That's what happens. He had in mind, I'm throwing this post no matter what, bro ain't no way you hell. You read that and said, you know what, I'm throwing this and then he throws it like a punt. Yeah, that's gotta be on the line. But even if it was on the line. First of all, that was targeted too, because the backside guy left his feet and hit the guy in the chest. But then ate they didn't want to like, nah, we can't call that target and blah blah blah, because they returned the favor because by the letter of the law, the Texas got targeted, but they didn't want to impact the game in that way. That says though, no targeting, but that was absolute target Yeah, I mean they would he would help it to help it, and the other guy left his feet, he launched. They say you can't launch yourself and hit the guy in the neck of the shoulder area. He launched, and they say you can't use your help. You help with the crowd of the helpt to make a tackle. He went to help it to heaven with the guy. But it's like, man, we can't. We can't impact this game like this here. We can't.
Speaker 3: They pick and choose it, absolutely right. They gotta find some level of assistency when you're making these calls.
Speaker 1: Texas had three hundred and seventy five total yards. Arizona State had five hundred and ten total rush yard. Texas had fifty three, Arizona State had two fourteen quinn Ewers was twenty or thirty three, thirty two, three touchdowns, one an exception, Sam Levitt twenty four, forty six to twenty two, no touchdowns, won an exception. But that last interception, Muhammad made a great play. Give him credit. I mean sometimes, O Joe, we keep blaming, we keep blaming the quarterback back, you threw that, blah blah blah. But you know the defensive guy. They study film too. Yeah, he made the hell of a play. Great play. He didn't set up with just trying to break it up. He caught the ball. He caught it, and it's okay, you know, I'm you know, hey eighty four, you got to make that play. Hey, coach, he get paid too. You think you think Bronco players the only way to make money in the NFL, And they studied film and they got coaches too. Oh okay, yeah, so hey, I understand I'm supposed to make the play, but you know, it's just the NFL. Everybody can make a play. I'm gonna want to win, win, more than I lose. Yeah, but hey, that guy made a hell of a play on that interception that to seal this victory on Joe. But you can't get beat on FOURT thirteen, Oh Joe over the top for two. You cannot. You can't, Ah, you cannot at all. I was like, bro, I said, are you I said, are you serious? That? That's?
Speaker 4: That's that should have been a conversation had with the d that not just the head coach, the defense, the coordinator, the DV coach, the secondary coach, that the man up upstairs in the booth.
Speaker 3: Don't get bit beat deep.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't nothing cheating, nothing, deep. I am not you. You will not complete this ball over my head. You're not because, oh Joe, worst case scenario, I'm gonna make you line it up it again and try and run another series of downs in order to get the ball in the end zone. Right now, the only thing, the only thing you can hope is that once that guy gets over your head, either quen you were underthrosy or the guy dropped the football. But hey, now it's out of your hands. See, I want I want to play in my hands on, Joe, I want to play in my hands. I get him on the ground. That's all I got to do. Get him on the ground. Well, you get him on the ground in the end zone, it's still a touchdown. You don't get no tackle for that. You got to tax him in the field of play or put your ass out of bounds in order for you to get a tackle once he in the end zone. God it do me what Oh Joe did? Guys do me a favorite college kid. If a guy get a first down, can y'all stop celebrating? What did you do?
Speaker 4: Hey, come on, hunk, wait a minute and night, come on that you told the guy I got out a first down? You get first down. When you get that first down, you gotta no.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the defense. Oh the defense. Oh you got a big hit on somebody. He got a first down. Oh I thought I thought you made a receiver. Okay, No, I'm like, bro, I'm like, what, babe, I miss something I said. Let me rewind this because I want to see what you did. It's still a first down. Yeah. Now, look, look the college kid. They're gonna celebrate that. I don't mind him celebrating. And plus O Joe, if you make a tackle, I mean if as a defending what's your job make a tackle? Yeah, you can't celebrate every tackle. I mean if you could, if you could, a sack oho I gets tackle for a lost You get a sack o hoe or a big key third down. You know you want to do this? I get all that, bro the guy get three four yards, then you jump up celebrating. Come on now, now we we we do it way too much.
Speaker 6: For this.
Speaker 1: Da.
Speaker 3: They having a good time right there.
Speaker 1: Man. She scatterbou scatter Boat one hundred and forty three yards, two Russian tondowns, eight catches, ninety nine yards. Had that guy and I pulled his face mask. He's gonna drag his you know what into the end zone? Oh, Joe, scatter Boat was so outstanding he was named Peach Bowl Offensive Player of the Game. Yeah, you don't see that very often.
Speaker 3: His name is Skatpack, gettable cat.
Speaker 1: Pack, scat Pack. Well, scat Pack did something that you don't see very often, a guy winning defensive winning offensive player of the game from a losing team. Yeah, yeah, it's only happened, you know. Jerry West, Jerry West. The first year they gave Out Finals MVP. In nineteen sixty nine, Jerry West won the award on a losing squad. They lost the championships four to three in the final game. They lost on their home court. Again. Now you got to go back to the in this football, Chuck Howley, he won soon MVP on a losing squad. They lost sixteen thirteen to the Coat. Chuck Howley was the MVP. That's the only time that I can remember somebody from the losing squad winning an award. Yeah. Now, I'm not saying that. Maybe it's happened. I don't know if in baseball and somebody's wonder a World Series MVP from the losing squad, I don't. I have to go way back, but I don't. I don't remember it. That's what I don't think it's happened, and in the last twenty five thirty years. But it just goes to show you just how outstanding that this gentleman was from the Sun Devils running and catching the football he was.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 3: He belongs.
Speaker 4: When you're able to perform like that against a team like that, it lets you know you belonged, regardless of the conference you play in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you can you can tell guy that the talent shine above. Yeah, you can tell. I mean he okay, that's an SEC defense. And he would and got a Bok thirty. He wouldn't have got a book forty three on him. And he almost had one hundred yards rece even so he had what two hundred and what's at two hundred and forty two yards of total offens ain't man, the two touchdowns against an SEC defense look good when when you go when you go play and if you at a small school, oh joe, if you play an upper level, say you go to Division two and you play FCS, or you FCS, you play D one, right, the talent is shine through Darius Leonard when he played Clemson, he was at South Carolina State. Yeah, twenty nine tackles, Oh he could play. Yeah. I played Georgia Southern. They were they were the one double A national championship. The year we played them, I dropped two o two on them. Oh he could play. Yeah, e along with the NIA national championship the year before. I dropped two twenty one on them. Oh damn he did that. And you know what this is.
Speaker 4: This is another conversation that I always like to have where for young players coming out of high school, they're always so focused on all their offers and where they're going. And I say it again, if you really like that, if you really like that you and you feel you're as good as you think you are, it really don't matter where you go. You can put up performances like that, what you were able to do against better tea, what you were able to do better talent, or being like skat Pack and.
Speaker 3: Coming out there and performing very well against.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just you know, oh, I think a lot of times when you cut on the TV and you see that that horse you pat Well, you see one hundred and eight thousand at Texas A and M. You see one hundred thousand at Georgia, you see ninety three thousand at Alabama, you see one hundred and five thousand at Tennessee. Kids like I want to play in front of that. That's all I mean, I you know, that's that's what I want. That's what I wanted, don't Joe's what I saw on television.
Speaker 3: I live no HBCUs right, but see I understand what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: But then now we go into the issue of Okay, I want to go to these big schools where they have players that have been there before me. And then I get there and they tell me, oh, I gotta wait my turn, or I might not trust to feel as much because we have so and so, And he asked seniority over you, not about you know what, I'm coming in here to compete for the job. But you mean to tell me he asked senniority over me, So he's probably gonna play before me instead of let me have an opportunity to beat him out. Regardles of what what what is grade level is choice freshman, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: Oh, they had to play me, o joe.
Speaker 4: You think Jeremiah Smith was gonna go to o Hoyo State and have to sit behind somebody that's a senior or genie because they've been there for a two, for three, three or four years and many.
Speaker 1: You better get a little out of it there because he you know who coming. Hey, hey, they had to play me, o jo yo? What you thought? Oh mm hmmm. I was one of the future freshmen that travel, right, I ain't just traveling. Oh you could travel this week man, travel to do what stand on the sideline of my uniform? Oh hell nah, right, hm, and and and and in the first game, the first game we played, on our first home game. Yeah, man, I was so embarrassed with you. I caught a go ball, Ojo, fifty six yards got tacked on the war huh my first catch in college.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, what's your embarrassed for?
Speaker 1: Man? That supposed me a fifty self yard touchdown, not a fifty six yard catch.
Speaker 4: But which Wayine, Steve's got to stiff you man, you gotta catch that thing, and you know, get that get that stiff arm back behind him, o Jo.
Speaker 1: It felt like, I mean, it felt like I was running a felt to me like I was running a slow booster. I was like, damn, is somebody pulling the gins on away from me? Damn? Whoa shit?
Speaker 3: Hold on, man, they got the ac only here?
Speaker 1: You mean they you?
Speaker 4: I mean, no, listen, un if it's when you come to a hotel that right, and the hotel know you in the cold city, they should have all the rooms already set to put the heat on.
Speaker 1: No. Well, see, if you had an assistant, this sister would tell them, mister Johnson like his temperature set at a certain timp So when I get to my hotel room. The hotel is already at temperature of sixty eight degrees.
Speaker 4: Well, how about if my assistant didn't decide to leave me, that's been my assistant for the past five years, didn't decide the mother fucking up and leave, then maybe my goddamn heater that would have been on when I gotten this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll notice that, she say. She say, First of all, as long as you cursing, she ain't coming back. Second the ball, she says, she ain't no more for a sistant. Listen what you said you were looking for an assistem Yeah, because I had to get into what I don't. Well, this gonna be your assistant and she got her stuff to do.
Speaker 4: O Joe, you knew what you signed up when I when you try to holler that you didn't tell her that I did, I gave it. Listen, I gave it a paperwork. Again, I got I gave it a paperwork. This is what this is what I come with, like, are you are you able to abide by these obligations that I need now? I need help in my life for that?
Speaker 3: How about you paying for that?
Speaker 1: Huh? Because I know what I paid my assistant.
Speaker 3: Oh I she may make back maybe aout one fifty one eighty a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's good money. Yeah, that's a good Yuy. Yeah, thats exactly what I paid my sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, good money.
Speaker 1: But then everything you have to worry about nothing. He Hey, you get into the you get into the car, the seats already pulled all the way forward. You don't have to do none of that. Hey, mister sharp like his bag, this bag, your dumple back like you're sitting next to them. Yes, all that, Oh.
Speaker 4: Joe, Yeah, you got to understand I ain't had I ain't had that for two months now, so now I didn't.
Speaker 1: I got to feel it.
Speaker 4: I got to feel I got I got to feel a position. I don't got time to wait. No long it's a new year, it's twenty twenty five. I ain't got time to play a real probably well, I mean with her business schedule. She got a Netflix show coming out, she got another show coming out. Before all that came along, you knew what the obligations were when you signed up for this.
Speaker 1: No, did you did you relay that information to her? I did?
Speaker 3: It was in the goddamn contract.
Speaker 4: Oh Okay, ain't nobody tell you to sign the motherfucker dot line if you want to finish the goddamn job.
Speaker 1: Shit all right. Queen Ewers has received a six million dollar offer to enter the transfer portal rather than heading to the NFL Draft this spring. According on three, multiple Power for schools are working to get Yours in the portal ahead of the final of his final year of college eligibility. Six million for one year. Ojo, yeah, he got got You got to come back.
Speaker 4: He has to come back and continue to work on his game because when you watch court, when you watch yours, I need your play to pop out on the screen. Yes, I needed to pop out when you watch it Joe Burrow in college, you watch a seat next Driud in college. When you watch other quarterbacks like the cam Wards, they pop out on screen. There's something special about those individuals. Special.
Speaker 3: So if he needs to come back another year, no matter, no matter where it is, and you know.
Speaker 1: Pop out, I agree with you. I agree with you. Ojo. I don't see special. I see a good college quarterback, but I don't see special. I don't see I don't see man a musk out a guide that say, like boy, they get him, he gonna great, he's gonna he's gonna drastically change their fortunes. I don't see that. Let's see, let's see. I mean he might come back and get better, because nobody saw that. If you the ass teams that were gonna look at Joe Burrow before he came back for senior year, Joe Burrow didn't see it. It seemed special. But he came back for that year. He was special. Mac Jones. Hell, if Mac Jones don't come to get that one year, Mac Jones ain't no first ain't no first round pick right right some time. Look, hey, I don't blame people like, well look what, yes, okay, now can't he make it happen? You're throwing at Davonte. You got Nahja, you got waddle, you know you got a you got a very very talented team. It just goes to show you just how good he was because he kept Bryce Young on the bitch. If we see Bryce Young the next year won the Heisman.
Speaker 4: Hey, and also look at the talent this this would have like about Bryce too. Now we saw him, we saw Bryce whin the Heisman. But you look at the talent that Bryce had around him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Thought he got got to Carolina, you thought something was wrong with him. Then he gets bench, he come back out to getting mentioned. I don't know what the hell happened. I don't know what type of prayer he said. Now he's back to playing great football. Looked like the Bryce shown we saw in college.
Speaker 3: Even in losing.
Speaker 4: He's in even in losing efforts at the team and as a quarterback. He looks completely totally different than he did when he first started.
Speaker 1: He did he does. They just need to give Hi from talent. If you look at the quarterbacks that perform well, look at CJ. Stroud, Look at what he was throwing the tang Dale and Nico Collins. Look at what he was throwing to. Okay, look at Caleb Williams. He got wrong with dudeslay first round pick, he got DJ Moore, who just signed a contract extension. He got Keenan Allen. Look at look at what uh uh Daniels? Yeah, Jayden, look at what he's throwing to. Damn. I mean, y'all want the man to come back? Hey, I don't care. Even Peyton Man, Peyton Manny had Marvin Harrison when he got there. He had Marvin Harrison. He had Ken Dilger, I mean, and he had Marshall fall Crazy. Yes, as a rookie, he had two first batlet Hall of famers as a rookie have been the Pro Bowls. There's another I.
Speaker 3: Forget the guy named, oh my goodness, the other tight end.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, the Calls had two tight ends to make the Pro Bowl. Mark what's his name?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Go back a look at ninety Teddy stop scratching the couch.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I can't think of the other. The other brother, he was a what's that dude's name? Because I traded I traded helmets with Ken dial Get one year. I'm trying to think what year was that shell? I don't even remember. Yeah. Uh, pro bow tight end death no, no, no, in like in the nineties. Yeah, Marcus Pollard, thank you, chat Marcus Pollard.
Speaker 3: Marcus Pollard, I remember, I remember Marcus Pollard. Hey, I ain't heard that name in a minute, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, y'all want these guys to come out here and you spectracing the thing, But go back and look at your favorite quarterback and see what they were throwing to. Y'all do realize that when Mahomes became the start. Y'all know who he throwing to, right, He had Tyreek, he had Sammy Watkins, he had Travis Kelsey. Yeah, could I interest you in any of those guys? Two of those guys are go into the Hall of Fame, Tyrek and Kelsey gonna go to the Hall of Fame. That's what he was throwing to. Look at what Big Ben had to throw too.
Speaker 4: No, look what he's always always had to throw to you. Hey, the Pittsburgh Stalers are just like Cincinnati when it comes to receivers. You know that, you have you noticed that they always have to always have good receivers come through that channel, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati and Pittsburgh always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had plaques, they had Hines. What you got that won the Super Bowl? MVP, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Homes. I mean, bro, y'all make it seem like that. I mean, I mean, yeah, give give up Bryce Young those type of weapons and let's see, let's see. You gotta give a guy something to work with. Marino. I think Marina what I think Duper and Clayton got there with Marino mm hmm. In eighty three they might have came in eighty It might have been eighty three. They might have got there together. But you gotta get a guy something to work with. They a ben State says resolved. It says it uh. They wanted to do everything they possibly could make the lost door short on Joe. Penn State did not want Genty to get that record on their watch. Genty entered the game needed one hundred and thirty one yards of breaking the record, of tying the record to break it, Barry had twenty six twenty nine said in nineteen eighty eight. Penn State defense stifled Genty, holding him to a season low one hundred and four yards rushing. It's his first time not rushing for at least one hundred and twenty five yards in a game. This season. He finished twenty eight yards shy of breaking Barry Sanders record.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, they were, they were, They would they would, they were. They were popping young Bud like that man. Yes, they were. They would let him have it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I thought, honestly, I'm just gonna be honest, honest with you. I didn't think he was gonna do well against Penn State because the level of competition he was playing, playing at or with or against for that matter, in his conference. But he looked he looked pretty pretty, pretty goddamn good. Yeah, he was breaking tackles.
Speaker 1: He ran hard.
Speaker 3: O Joe ran very hard after contact.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure how many yards he had.
Speaker 4: After contact, but most of them. Hey, he was hard to bring down. First, the first guy never made the tackle. The first guy never bought him down. But like I said, oh Joe, you look, you don't want that record. And my thing was that I said this on first take. I said, look, I know what asking gent is. Let me tell you what I'm gonna do. If that quarterback goes out there and prow for three to fifty or three touchdowns, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go to the building field shaking his head and say congratulations, young man, good luck moving forward. But I refused to let genty run their ass to a victory. That's not gonna happen. And they felt the quarterback couldn't beat them throwing the football, and he couldn't because you know, when you when you take that running game away, because they wanted to give him the ball, but I thought, and the problem is they fell behind. Yeah, you fall behind, Oh Joe. That game was about to get really out of hand. Had the quarterback aller. He's doing the right thing by coming back because he's not very good. I don't think in my eyes watching him play for the three or four games that I seen him play, he is average. He's an average He's an average college quarterback. There's nothing special about him. But if he doesn't fumber that ball and they're about to go up twenty one to nothing, it's just they about to get out of head and now you really can And that's what happened. When you get ahead like that, guess what you take him out of the running game? You yet, but genty he ran hard. But that give him stay credit. They say, we don't want you to break that record on us. Uh and uh. They did a great job of neutralizing him. Look, they need to go back and everybody that played in the bowl game, they need to put add those yards to the total. You could do it right, add just add Barry what he did in the Holiday Bowl. Just go look it up. Bard had like two twenty five in the Holiday Bowl. Barre's record is really like twelve games, twenty eight hundred yards and like forty plus touchdowns. They didn't count the bowl. See, they didn't count the bowl games back then Ocho like they do now. Barren had like twenty care and it took him out. Bard could have had another three hundred yard games. They talking about what they were letting taking Genty out. Go look at some of a bad game, and they when they took him out, Barren was having three hundred yard games.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Look at what he did to Oklahoma, Look at what he did to Debraska, what he did to Missouri. Go back and look at baristats. Even if Genty had a broken record, the greatest college Russian season is Barry Sanders. I think it's one of the two best seasons in the history. Again, go Burrow that five thousand, sixty touchdown season and then barrs Sanders twenty eight hundred yards forty plus touchdown. Y'all, if y'all just go back and look at the numbers that Barry put up, and you're like, you'll get a better appreciation of ja Barry say, in his college career, Yeah, and his sophomore year he backed up Thurman Thomas. Yeah, Barry didn't start. Thurman started. Barry ran back punts and kickoffs. Yeah, let that sink let that sink in. Many of you believe Barry is the greatest running back in the NFL history and.
Speaker 3: He had to sit.
Speaker 1: Started one year. That's crazy. It was what Joe Burrow did that season there. You're probably not gonna see it again because you're probably not gonna be able to find two receivers like Chase and Jefferson. And then when you combined Marshall and then you had to tight end or random Son Thaddeus or you had Clyde Edwards, hi Layer. You had Joe Burrow throwing the ball. You had an offensive line that was the best in college football. You got the perfect storm. Yeah, and you get the perfect storm. You saw it. I mean the guy threw for sixty s touchdowns. That's sixty And look at and look at something. Look at some of the stats. What he did to Georgia, what he did to Clemson, what he did to Alabama. Yes, oh man, this is some straight up bull diggity.
Speaker 3: What you was gonna do?
Speaker 1: Sat Kwan Barkley will sit out and final regular season game against the Giants, putting an end to his chase of single season rushing record with Silly. With Philly's postseason seating security. Nick Sirianni will be resting his starters, say Quanto Philly reported, Uh, Devon Katy at ninety four whip, he's at peace with the decision. What what did I say?
Speaker 5: Coach asked me, Uh, you know what I like to do with that conversation, and you know, called me back, let me know that we're probably gonna be wrestling. And my reaction was kind of like I told my family, I woul see my family you know, probably wanted a little bit more than me. But at the end of the day, the most important thing is winning football games and winning the playoffs.
Speaker 1: So I got a big goal on my name.
Speaker 3: Even even listen, that was all PC was.
Speaker 1: That was all PC.
Speaker 3: I told you believe we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Listen, you have a player in Saquon Barkley that is on a historic season, on the history historic run.
Speaker 3: Not understand the bigger picture, Ougust. He is getting getting to the getting getting the Lombardi Trophy.
Speaker 1: You know, you can do both.
Speaker 3: You can do both.
Speaker 4: You can do there's a milestone that he had the chance of reaching. And we said, oh, we rested our starters. I told you they were gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I knew they were gonna do him like that.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew it, Oh Yoe, And I'm not I'm speaking from experience. We had a very similar situation with Terrel Davis. Yeah, Terrell Davis need one hundred and seventy, one hundred and seventy one yards, Yes, sir, one hundred and seventy. Hey, we got once he needed. The last game of the season. We had home field sold up. Right, We're thirteeny two, the worst we could be. With thirteen and three. The Jets couldn't catch us because they were twelve and four the best they could be. With twelve and four, we had home fields sold up. The offensive line said, we want that record. Well, hell we will, TD say they wanted, let's go get it. Weint got one seventy eight my final game. And guess what happened in ninety eight, Oh Joe too, And he went ran for one ninety nine against Miami the first game blew to him out, he was out in the third quarter, ran for about buck fifty against the Jets in that game, and then went over one hundred again against Atlanta. Right, so it could be that make it seem like, well, if he play in the final game. He might get bro he might get ding in the first player the other regular seat to get the playoffs. You can't look at it like that. You'll run it back. You play football. I'm getting that. I'll tell you what it cost y'all five million dollars for me to sit out or I'm a raise holy and give me five mil I shut it that and I give something out of bits.
Speaker 3: That's too close though, huh, that's too close even.
Speaker 1: I'm like what demzel say, I'm leaving with something. Yeah, I'm leaving with something. God say quiet.
Speaker 4: I would have said, listen, you can rest have started, but I'm not. I'm not resting. I'm gonna play. Hey, I'm a backup.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pay yeah for Oh Joe. Do you understand how close that he's a one hundred and one yard Jonathan Taylor just ran for one twenty five to Either's one twenty five against the Giants, and plus I want to stick it to 'em. I won't to Morrows, I won't show them or whatever his name is. The general manager I wanted to see.
Speaker 4: That would have been perfect. Can you imagine NFL Russian record against the team that let you go against the team that gave up on you, against the team that said.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't really value not only you, but the position you play in what you can do for us. Yes, I would love that. I would love that.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, and I think, you know, honestly, I think that call is coming up from from somewhere else.
Speaker 1: And look at Tom Brady somewhere else. When Tom Brady broke that record, they have nothing to play for against the Giants. Jo didn't. Tom Brady went out there and got the record. Randy Moss went out there and got the record. They had nothing to play for. Okay, they lost the Super Bowl, But do you think them playing in that game had anything? One doesn't that y'all trying to make it exclusive. What if we do this? We can't do that? Nah man, I hey be better than me, cause I'm like, bro one hundred and one yards.
Speaker 4: As soon as the first offense the series would have happened, I would have been out doing my helmlet on.
Speaker 1: Hey hey. I was like, hey, guys, I got I got a hundred thousand. If we get this record by a half, each offensive line to get a hundred thighs. As a matter of fact, everybody on the offense, I got a hundred five for you because guess what, O yoe when you said, when you when you go to the autograph signing, now you're the single season Russian League, and you right twenty one oh six or you write twenty you make that back in one signing.
Speaker 3: You go understand your life, your life? Can you listen?
Speaker 4: Si Kuon is already that boy anyway, Yes, happened through his life. If he gets that rush your record.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, I'm listen. I'm telling you because I don't, like I said, I don't sign that much. Guys, I only signed about once every five years. I'm good. But when you put that in signal, now you can just get the names. Okay, say Kwon Barkley twenty six now single season Russian leader.
Speaker 7: Oh that extra, that extra, that extra, Yeah, every inscription is extra, O p O y extra.
Speaker 1: If he's fortunate enough to make it in the Hall of Fame, ain't Joe f that's an extra excellent yeah? Oh man.
Speaker 3: And then I have a question.
Speaker 4: In the history of the NFL when it comes to running backs, has there been any to go back to back two thousand yard seasons?
Speaker 1: No, There's never been a two thousand yard. No Deck Henry had the best chance. Deck Henry had about eleven hundred yards and nine games, and he got hurt. He went two thousand. He was on another history, he was ahead of the page in which you rushed for two thousand.
Speaker 4: But he got this and missed a whole point of why when you have the opportunity to do it, to make a change, to make a difference, to make.
Speaker 3: History, you take it.
Speaker 4: Yes, take it, because you're not gonna get the opportunity again. The chances of doing this again are slim to none, slimmed enough, but it.
Speaker 1: Is what it is. I think about that the NFL is over one hundred years old. I would have had the greatest single season rushing in NFL history. Be greatest. Okay, somebody break that record, but you know who record they broke. Mine, that's who record they broke. That's just I'm just being honest. I'm just being honest. I'm just too close. I honestly, I'm just too close. One hundred and one yard and he played his tail off.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: He probably looking back like man man, some of those games that I would let the other guys I could have it might have been a situation I've been on in like fifty yards and then fifty they might have let me get it.
Speaker 3: But I just hope, I just hope they make a run in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I hope they make a run in the playoffs, especially taking this route obviously wrestling the starters.
Speaker 3: I want, I want, I want, I want the Eagle stipp to make a run because they act to me.
Speaker 4: Or as as for Saquon to say the rest and have the chances of getting an individual accomplishment of that magnitude. Were he the leading rush of all time? Right and the first crowd you need to tell me, God, damn, we going home and I set out and I've rested for this shit. Mm hm oh hell noah.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm old enough. I'm old enough to remember when Edie broke the record in nineteen eighty four. Yeah, so like to see a record and to see somebody break it again. I'm over them. When when when Danny Marino? Because those two records happened in the same year. Dandy threw for five thousand, Edie ran for twenty one hundred. That happened the same year in eighteen eighty four. I'm old enough to remember when Peyton broke the record, broke the touchdown record. He threw forty nine, Marino had forty eight, and then Tom Brady in two thousand and seven through through fifty and to see like to see the records, you know happened. You know, I remember when Gastono, when Gaston broke the exact record. I mean the site there like not just like a while, was a lot, but I saw it. I remember it. Man damn saying, kuh, you don't ruin my week they I started hearing with, but I don't know. We're gonna talk to brass.
Speaker 3: That's why I said what I said last week. I know, I know the game. I know how they gonna play. They gonna play and they gonna play.
Speaker 1: Well, he already got it. He already got he got the money he got. You know, he had five hundred thousand if his first team All bro he had another what two fifty for the Pro Bowl? He had if they if another fact he's at, he's made one point two or one point two fifty.
Speaker 3: But even forget the money, forget that incentive that he's already reached.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the milestone of being the All time leading rusher in NFL history. They don't cass up that opportunity. It's it's not going to come again unless you're playing fucking Madden.
Speaker 3: You can't miss that.
Speaker 1: So many things have to go right you and you were running back. Oh Joe, think about it. That man got three hundred plus carries. Okay, that's running the football. How many passes had he called? Okay, hitting the ground getting times? I understand the ones that he did, But what about it? I ain't talking about the just the one tackle. What about they hit him? He hit the dirt and then another two three guys fall on top of his ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell no, give me that record.
Speaker 1: Damn y'all. I'm sorry, Chad, but I really wanted to get it. I mean, I ain't got Look, I'm a fan of the game. I'm a fan of history, and I just like I like to see records broken. I really do, Sorry, Ed, I was cheering for him too.
Speaker 3: Is the right person A good dude, real good, thorough dude.
Speaker 1: Who that he's the right person? I don't. I don't really know that. Well, you know, go to the Super Bowl and you see a lot of these young guys. But he seemed like a stand up dude. To me, I want to break the record real thorough and I was gonna be the first when he broke the record. I'll be waiting. And as soon as he broke the record, I was gonna hit die on Edie's number, Uh bad