Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Thursday, and it's the final day that we can guarantee delivery by Christmas Day anything ordered at Danpatrick dot com except moonshine, that's not guarantee, just letting you know. Sunday night, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens take on Trevor Lawrence and the Jags. That'll be seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock And that's one of those standalone games where you're looking at Lamar Jackson if he has a really good game. Now you move up a little bit in the MVP odds because right now it appears to be a two quarterback race. It's Dak Prescott and Brock perty Bennett's Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts and Tyreek Hill. Football coming up tonight, Chargers are getting three against the Raiders. The over under is thirty four and a half. Anytime touchdowns score? Who do you have best odds to score a touchdown tonight at any time? Todd Austin Eckler, A second, Marvin, Josh Jacobs, Josh Jacobs blue plu plu plu Yes. Zamir White is in there then DeVante Adams a mere Abdullah oblom Gatta. That's that's that's it's a mirror Abdullah.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wonder if you could bet on I'm sure you can being scoreless at halftime. Oh sure, I wonder what the odds on that at what the plus on that is?
Speaker 2: You think it'll be scoreless?
Speaker 3: It have no, it would be a fun one to play with after last week with the Raiders and the Charges offense not much better.
Speaker 2: Eastern Stick.
Speaker 4: I would never be smirt.
Speaker 2: Jon jn't bet against Eastern Stick. All right, So we've talked a lot about the Pacers, We've talked about the Bucks, the game ball drama, all of that. We'll do a little deeper dive here coming up. Your phone calls are always welcome. Poll question for the final hour, the program is going to be what Seaton No, Connor.
Speaker 4: Well, damn.
Speaker 5: People still sticking with Giannis deserving that game ball over Usk or she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Yannis didn't want the ball for himself. He it's reported that he wanted it for Dame Lillard allegedly. Okay, I'm just going by what was reported.
Speaker 5: Going going by what Todd Fritz.
Speaker 2: No, it's not Todd. No, that journalists are reporting that we're going to talk to. One of those journalists is the journalist with us Todd any minute? Okay, Eric name, the senior writer for the Athletic. He covers the bus. He was there when all the drama unfolded in the bowels of the stadium, the arena there. Let's bring in Eric, who joins us on the program. Help me understand here. Uh, okay? Is it Yannis who wanted the ball for Yannis or did Yannis wanted for Dame Lillard?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think Janis wanted it for Yannis. I think when Yanas had a chance to talk about it a little bit, he also wanted it for Dame because he realized, you know, I have a Hall of Fame teammate with me. He just had a historic night as well, so we need that game ball as well. But no, I think more than anything, Giannis knew that that was a franchise record, one that he one of the few franchise records at this point that he doesn't have. He wanted that basketball, he didn't have it, and he needed to go chase it down.
Speaker 2: How much of a factor was it that it was the Pacers and the Bucks. Given what happened with the end season tournament game.
Speaker 6: I think the Bucks definitely wanted to get that game back last night. They've lost twice to the Pacers this year. The first game this year, Jannis had fifty four points and the Pacers were still able to come back from behind and grab a win there. So I don't think the Bucks enjoyed playing the Pacers all that much. I don't think they enjoyed the Pacers, you know, having some fun at the Bucks expense in the end season tournament. You know, Tyre's Halliburton is fantastic, but he did the whole you know, fake Dame time kind of thing, is my time now instead of damn time? And you could kind of see that from the start of the game, Like at the very start of this game, Jannis gets a tech, he delivers a forearm shiver to Tyreus Haliburton. Is Haliburton's going back up the floor. So you can tell there's this kind of bad blood. I don't want to call it a rivalry quite yet. They haven't played playoff games like the Bucks have like full on playoff rivalries with like a team like the Heat, so it's not quite there yet, but yeah, it definitely has some of that. They're a little bit annoyed with with the little brother here, kind of trying to, you know, start something with.
Speaker 2: The big brother. Where is the game ball?
Speaker 6: I mean that all depends who you ask, because after the game, like I'm sitting in the locker room, and Yannis is a thousand percent convinced that the ball that is in his possession, sitting next to his locker is not the game ball from last night, because every game, I mean, and I learned a lot about game balls in NBA rules last night, but before every game, there's three balls. So you have three balls out there, the captains go out, they pick one of them, and then there's a reserve game ball. But also from my understanding, there should be a reserve to the reserve game ball, so there should be three that are there. So Yannis thinks the ball that was put in front of him in the locker room after the game is the reserve game ball and not the actual game ball. And his reasoning was, I played thirty seven minutes, I felt the ball throughout the night, I shot thirty two free throws. I know what it feels like. That is not what the ball feels like. So while they are telling him this is the game ball and you can watch, you know, right after the game, the one of the Buck security guards goes straight to the ref grabs the ball and from what I can tell, gives it to someone that works for the Bucks. And then the Bucks have the ball in their possession. But twenty seconds later, Tyrus Halliburn has a ball in his hands. Yanna sees it and thinks that's the ball. So honestly, it is all about who you believe at this point, because there are a number of people that I guess can account for the ball for some portion of the night, but can't account for the ball for other portions of the night. And now it is just who you believe. And this is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever covered in my time covering the league.
Speaker 2: Worst look for the Pacers or Yannas, Oh.
Speaker 6: That's interesting. I mean, probably Yannis that he is someone that's accomplished a lot, He's been through a lot. At this point, he should probably, you know, not be allowing teams to kind of get underneath his skin, uh in this way. But at the same time, you know whether or not the Facers had the actual ball. Once they're in the tunnel, they are yelling back to Yannis and all the Bucks players that have come along with them, don't let him have the ball. You're not getting the ball. So they enjoyed that, you know, whether or not they had it, they enjoyed that Yana's thought that they had it. So again, I don't know that anyone really comes up looking great after this one, because it truly is a pretty ridiculous sitution.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you do any reporting on the Pacers with their tradition that their rookies when they score their first basket, they get the ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that is something that they do. But because this story just just keeps having more and more layers, it gets even more confusing because Oscar Sibwe technically scored before last night, right, but he did so in the N Season Tournament. So now we have to figure out is that an actual point, because we're not sure how anyone's going to keep these records going forward, because one, we don't know if the N Season Tournament's going to exist going forward, we know how long it's going to exist going forward. We don't know if it was an actual game or a not actual game or just an nd season tournament game. So what's in an official NBA point at this at this point, what's an official NBA ball at this point? Which one's the real one, which one's the fake one? None of us know anything, Dan, That's all I know at this.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm wondering. You know, now, as we move on, when a rookie scores his first points, does he ask to stop the game so he can take the ball out of the game. So he does, There's no confusion in case somebody goes for you know, seventy two points in a game.
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, let let's just go MLB style and you know, after after every time out, we'll get a new ball in there. We'll scuff it up, we'll make sure that's okay. If this is a free throw, you grab it, throw it back out, get a new ball in there. Like what, Let's just go for it. Dan.
Speaker 2: Do you think Giannis gets fined?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think so. I don't think you can have the situation where you know you're running into a tunnel and making the scene. You know, when you were talking to Rick Carla after the game, he mentioned that Pacers GM Chabbu Cannon was in the tunnel and ended up getting bumped during that. Chabby Cannon confirmed with everyone that he's fined, and I don't think it's gonna be a serious injury. But again, just the look of it all, a general manager kind of getting into It's not a scuffle, but whatever, you know, some sort of physical altercation with a player, like, yeah, there's there's probably a fine gun.
Speaker 2: Can't wait until they meet what January first in Indiana.
Speaker 6: I mean, the beauty of it is it's January first in Milwaukee and then January third in Indiana, A home and home just I mean, it's gonna be lovely forty eight hours.
Speaker 8: All the rivalry can.
Speaker 6: Be renewed and we can figure it out all over again. I can't I truly can't wait.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Eric, We appreciate your time.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I have no answers at all.
Speaker 2: Neither do we, Eric. Neither do we Eric name, the senior writer for the Athletic covering the Bucks. Yeah, nobody ever said we had answers either. I asked questions. I don't have any answers. That's a good appearance by him, all right, some phone calls here eight seven seven three DP show uh Nick in La Hi Nick, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 9: I just wanted to make a comment. See if anybody noticed about when Draymond dropped Nurkic. Nobody on the Suns moved a muscle towards that guy. I mean, we've seen a lot less and everybody makes a big, giant, pushing, shoving freak out about it. That tells me a lot about how they feel about that dude in the locker room. Because no one came to him, no one got in Draymond's face, They just stood there and looked at it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you got to be fair in retaliating. As soon as something like that happens, usually of the assistant coaches turn to their bench and make sure they hold the players back. I don't know if that was the case as far as teammates going up, but did they say or do to Draymond Green. It is a great point you bring up, but I think you're extra careful I think nowadays in going up and maybe you're inciting you know this moment here. I was kind of surprised at the reaction by the Golden State Warrior spench and even Steve Kerr is not really he's not even looking at Draymond when it happens, and then all of a sudden realizes. I don't think anybody's ever surprised where they go, oh my god, did you see what Draymond? Now it's yeah, you see what Draymond did again? And now he's suspended indefinitely, And I don't know if it matters. Sometimes when you go, okay, the suspension has to matter? Is fifteen games matter to Draymond? Green? Is the twenty games? If he suspended for fifteen games, then you're basically saying, Golden State you're not going to make the playoffs twenty games? Absolutely no chance. Does the league want to do that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Let me play conspiracy theorist here, because the league loves Golden State, because we still love watching Steph Curry play. Klay Thompson is not himself anymore. Draymond is interesting TV. Not gonna say mussy, but he's interesting. Do you want to take him off the court? Do you want to take Golden State out of the playoff picture? You know, is the punishment going to fit the crime here? Are they going to punish him even more? Is it a jah morant? Situation where it's like, Okay, enough, now we're going to sit you down. Does he need help? Did he need help before? So there's a few questions that I have with this, and I think the indefinite suspension, it's almost like the league is given a little bit of a hall pass. Now they can take in all the opinions that are going to be out there, all the writers that are going to be out there, analyst. This is what they did with John Moran. Everybody had an opinion, everybody has an knew on Draymond Green. You gather all that information and then you go fifteen games plus. Is the Players Association going to appeal this because your job is to protect the players, but you have to protect your players from Draymond Green while trying to stand up for Draymond Green's rights. Good luck with that. Let me see Mark and san Antonio. Hi Mark, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hi Dan? Thanks for taking my call. Hey, you guys were talking earlier about Brandon Aubrey as a possible Rookie of the Year and it piaud my interest as far as kickers or placekickers as rookies of the Year. And it's happened three times in the past, which I didn't realize. But the first time it happened was fifty one years ago.
Speaker 2: What year was that? Fifty one years ago? Nineteen seventy three, two, two seventy two, Rookie of the Year, A kicker, Yeah, Holy.
Speaker 3: Jan Stener Root.
Speaker 2: Anyone else Jean was kicking? I think before that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a young man out of an n A I a college from Poland.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not Chester Markle.
Speaker 10: That is the man blue blue, and damn it.
Speaker 2: Mark gets too soon. No, it's bad now. And I can't even get him a stat of the Day on that. That's that, that that hurts, That hurts, and you know that hurts, Mark, Chester Markle cost me a bet Ackers Bears Okay, the other two kickers, the other.
Speaker 10: Two kicks, Philadelphia, Paul McFadden.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have gotten that one.
Speaker 11: Nope.
Speaker 10: Nineteen ninety two from Detroit, Jason Hanson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have gotten Hansen. Okay, thank you, Mark, thank you. Stat of the Day brought to you by PENAI America, the official Trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Zach and Reno. Hi, Zach, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, Dan.
Speaker 12: I've got a gripe about NFL officiating.
Speaker 2: Get in line.
Speaker 12: We all know that playing so we all know that playing penalty free defense in the NFL is next two impossible. It's sounding more and more likely that the NFL is going to ban a tackle called the hip drop tackle. I think this is going to be met with criticism that defenders are getting flagged for simply playing football.
Speaker 11: Just wanted to see if you have thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not going to be playing flag football. And you know, the commissioner did talk about this type of tackle that we saw on Tyreek Hill. You know, it's like the horse collar tackle. Now you have this they hip drop, and the commissioner has brought this up. I just I feel bad for defensive players trying to understand and what they can and can't do when they can do something when they can't. You're flying at you know, one hundred miles an hour, and while we can watch something even in real time and go oh, you should be able to adapt to the situation. It's so fast on the field and then you see slow motion and a defensive player sacking a quarterback is not thinking, man, I just want to crush him. It's I need to tackle him, not land on him. Be at the side of him. Don't hit him up top, hit him in a you know, an area the size of a mailbox. That's it. I mean imagine playing that way where you have to be instinctive, but you also have to be thinking in real time of did I lower my head? Can I lower I'm gonna make helmet to helmet contact. It happens so fast, Yes, Mark, it feels.
Speaker 13: Like holding a baby. Oh wait, wait, no, no, no, hold his head, hold his head all right, bring him down all right, right, swaddle him, take a nap, swaddle him all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, so there's a tag they're showing us the other day. I think Van Pell was showing it. There's a tackle towards the sideline where someone did a hip drop.
Speaker 4: Was it hurts?
Speaker 3: They got hurt? And so what else you're you going to do?
Speaker 4: Do you you.
Speaker 3: Can't uh, you can't uh you know, pile drive him if you got him in your hands. Instead of slamming him like they used to do. Now they do the hip drop because you can't slam him. You're running out of moves.
Speaker 2: But it's not that we're getting closer to flag football it's it's giving the defensive player at least a little bit of an advantage at some point, and they haven't done that. It's gone the opposite. And I think, to be fair, if I'm a defensive player. Now, this happened when I back in the nineties, when I was doing Sports Center, and I remember that a defensive back told me the only way that I can make Sports Center highlights is an interception, a sack, or I blow somebody up. And if you go back to the number of plays back then where defensive backs weren't trying to tackle you, they were trying to blow you up. They would just launch their body into you. Well, they've taken just about everything out of this. When we see a big hit, we immediately assume somebody's going to get flagged for it, and it's not always the case, but it's, oh my god, he had to do something illegal if it ended up like that, and sometimes it's just a great hit. I don't know how Ronnie Lott would play today, don't. I mean, there's certain players that played on the edge. You know, Jack Tatum played for the Raider. They couldn't. I don't know how they would play. I mean they'd have to learn to play differently. But Ronnie Lott was going to hit you every single time he could. He wouldn't be able to do that. Now take a break. More phone calls coming up back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show said nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 14: Polly Foosco here with Tony Fosco.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 14: Of course you know us as the host of the number one rated show in all of sports talks, the Paully and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 11: Ye.
Speaker 14: Now, the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great our show is.
Speaker 1: Why Yeah, Instead of us doing.
Speaker 6: That, let's just let our millions of fans.
Speaker 1: Do the talker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, play the tape you don't.
Speaker 4: Know, crap about four O crap, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: That's the wrong tape, wrong tape. Just forget that.
Speaker 14: Look, listen to the Paully Tony Fusco Show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I don't want to start anything while perhaps starting something we haven't heard if the Kansas City Chiefs are gonna get fined for criticizing the officials, Andy Reid also Patrick Mahomes. Now keep in mind Deontay Johnson, remember last month he was fined twenty five thousand dollars said the officials must have gotten paid well today. Usually the players are the ones who get fined if they questioned the integrity of the officials, But this time Andy Reid did and Patrick Mahomes. I'm curious. It seems like Patrick Mahomes a is going to get fined, but I would think Andy Reid would get fined. I'm not sure what the weight is. Then maybe they don't always announce it. I don't know, but I'm just curious about that with the league office, Yes, ton if.
Speaker 4: They winked at it for whatever reason.
Speaker 15: With Mahomes other than being the face of the NFL, because he's saying, you know, they're human beings. People make mistakes. But Andy Reid went all in saying that's embarrassing. He's used that word a few times. The officials embarrassed the league.
Speaker 2: By the way, everybody has Caadarius Tony's back. Here's a Patrick Mahomes talking about his wide receivers going into the game against New England, just.
Speaker 7: Be you, men. I mean that's all you can do in life or in this league. I mean, you're gonna make mistake. I mean, soff's gonna happen in your life. How do you accept that adversity and get past it and do it the right way? And coach repreaches that and that's how our role is. I mean, you make one mistake, that's not how to define you. It's gonna be how you respond to that mistake. All the receivers know I believe in them. That's just kind of how I roll. If you're in this locker room and I see how hard you work, I'm gonna trust in you in big moments, and I'm gonna give you chances to go out there and make plays and for everything. I know, their mindset seems like it's in a good spot and they just want to go out there and and and continue to get better and better.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't want Kadarius Tony to you, Just be you? No, that's why we're in this situation. He's been being you. You want him to be better, and I'm sure he's saying all the right things. Hey, you know, I believe in my receivers and throw them the ball and they'll make plays. Okay, there's no way. I mean Tom Brady when play would come in, he would not throw it to a certain wide receiver. Later in his career with New England, it was reported that Tom wouldn't throw to this receiver he didn't trust him. So, you know, quarterbacks don't look at all receivers and say they're you know, created equal. You're like, I need a bail out, Travis, where are you? I'll find you. Kadarius Tony was open on the play. Okay, if you look at the video, he's wide open. And then that's when he gestured back at Mahomes like he didn't throw it. And then he stops and then he drops his head. He lifts his head, and then Kelsey is coming his way. He throws in the ball and he runs in for a touchdown. So he's already stopped on the play. And there's a reason why the Giants gave up on Kadarius Tony. He's either hurt making an unbelievable catch or dropping a sure touchdown. Once in a while, he can be awesome, and we all say, man, that guy's got talent. Wow, the Chiefs got a steal and then you realize, no, they didn't. There's a reason why he was made available. But Patrick Mahomes going into this game got to sail the right things. But I'm curious if the NFL finds them for what they said.
Speaker 3: Yes, Kadarius Tony reminds me of He's like a player like Jameis Winston where he's helping one of the teams in the game win the game, and he's gonna do something that helps this team or completely hurt this team. And Caadarius did this. Remember was it the Lions game Week one or two? He had three drops in one game and the Lions beat the Chiefs the season week one?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yea, mar does Tony's performance in the super Bowl give him a mulligan?
Speaker 4: Like, you know what he did right by us in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Well he got another season because of that. But is Kadarius Tony with this team next year? Oh no, That's what I'd be curious about. Oh yes, Mark, And.
Speaker 13: When Mahomes is like just be you, no, no, no, no, be something please please don't be you. We're in the situation because you were you.
Speaker 2: But Nick Wright was correct when he joined his first tower. He's like everybody's now saying, oh, you missed tyreek Hill. Yes, what team wouldn't miss tyreek Hill? But they had to make that decision because they don't want to pay twenty eight million dollars for Tyreek Hill and they won a Super Bowl without Tyreek Hill. You can't do the revision is history? Now? Are the Chiefs asking Mahomes to do more this year than in previous years? Yes? And it felt like the Patriots did that to Tom Brady a lot, like, Hey, Tom, I don't know, go out there and make something happen. Yes, Marv.
Speaker 13: Do you think the Chiefs go to Tony Real early in the game. It's like a nice, you know, five yard slant, like, oh, we believe you. Everyone's getting everyone's getting amped, all right, let's go. Andy Reid's eating a cheeseburger getting amped.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true, but I don't It's not what he does early, it's what he does late that I want to know, because when the game really matters, you know, it's on the li Travis. Yeah, And then you're like, I'm going to go to Travis because he's double teamed but I trust him. Kadarius Tony is wide open over here, and that's where Mahomes went. Brock in Atlanta, Hi, Rock, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Damn breaking news. High school quarterback Turtle Fleshman for Brownsville, Texas, has committed to Crappensburg State. The standout quarterback has exceeded all expectations this season with a strong arm heady runs to squirt past the opposition in the South Texas Bluewater League. Coach Cotton Toddy White says Turtle is known for his arm strength. He's blowing gas with accurate long throws down the pipe. He's been a streaky player with highs and lows throughout his high school career, but he splashed onto the radar of many college programs, most notably Crappensburg State.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Brock. I like that Rock spent time of his week where he's probably at the kitchen table and his wife's going, what are you doing? Just doing this crapp State thing? Is the yeah? Is there really a Crappensburg State? No, No, Dan Patrick show, they made up Crappensburg State. But I'm busy right now, honey, busy.
Speaker 5: I appreciated the delivery there as a stringer calling yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You're all done. Yeah, got a reporter calling it.
Speaker 15: And that's why you didn't takeup the garbage or take the stuff out of the dishwater.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. By the way, with the basketball controversy, I'm sorry which one the Dame one and joannest one? If if if the ball was really important to Dame Lillard when the clock is ticking down three to Dame takes a three missus and then uh, the official grabs the ball. Somebody from the Bucks comes by to get the ball. Another person comes by to get the ball. If Dame, if it was that important where you're the fifth all time leader and three pointers made, wouldn't you just hold onto the ball like just right and just gonna hold on to it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, didn't care about it.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I you could look at it this way too, Hey, I'm the hole on the ball and give it to Janni's But he he takes a shot and then it, you know, goes to the official, to a Bucks official, to another Bucks official.
Speaker 5: It's not about individual awards for Dame hmmm, It's about rings.
Speaker 2: Okay, But did Yannis want the ball for Dame or did he want it for himself, because it seems like Jannis is saying the same thing both of those things.
Speaker 5: It's right, he probably is, much like Draymond didn't mean to meant to punch somebody. Yeah, Janie, I think wanted the ball for himself.
Speaker 2: And then he was like, oh and.
Speaker 5: By the way, there was another guy who could have gotten the ball too, and not just me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 13: My favorite part was Giannis's brother. I can't pronounce his name. He's going to earn his keep somehow. You run in the locker room too, He run it too, Yiannis told him to run.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't cut it.
Speaker 4: That's a good brother right there.
Speaker 2: Like you can't cut your brother. You can't the bucks can't go, you know what.
Speaker 4: He and I mean like brother like actual brothers, yeah, actual brother Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh here comes a little brother.
Speaker 13: When when you said Nurkin said I think the brother needs help, I was like, man, that guy's been in NBA locker room's a long time.
Speaker 2: Ben in Milwaukee, Hi, Ben, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey? Dan and Dan, that's a very healthy and happy holiday season. See you guys, shaking my head at the story talk about the Bucks. It's ridiculous. They just need to win. But I'm calling because I've got an idea to make the end season tournament matter. I think you've got to give it gravitas besides making a couple hundred thousand dollars. The person team that wins the end season gets to bump up a spot in the playoffs. So if you're seven, you go to six. If you're the last in the league, you're probably not winning the tournament. If you're the number one team and you win, then you get to host the finals. Even if you don't have the best record. It's got to mean something other than this. I don't know why they play hard.
Speaker 2: I think it means I think that's too much, Ben, But I do like the path you're on there of And that's what I said. Okay, there's some financial benefits if you win the Ncason Tournament or go far in the n season tournament, But can there be something that matters later in the season and in the postseason. Can it help in any way with that? And you know, maybe Ben's onto something there, but it feels like that might be I get you know, when the American League of the National League, and whoever won the All Star Game, then that the American League representative got to host the World Series. And I went, no, no, no, no, we don't need to do that. But Fox wanted people to care about the All Star Game and convinced baseball to well give home field advantage to whoever represents, you know, the winning team in the World Series.
Speaker 3: Yes, going back to thanas Thaniso. He averages two point six points per game over the past five years on the bench for the Milwaukee Bucks. He plays about seven minutes a game.
Speaker 2: Did they stop the game or did they get the game ball when he scored his first points? Checking Now I'm obsessed with every NBA guy that we have on I have to ask, did you get the game ball in the game that you scored your first points in? I've never heard that. Now, I've never heard that. But we did have a former NBA player, Sam Dekker, played at Wisconsin and he was listening and he said, no, he got he has his basketball. Does Lebron have his basketball from the game against Sacramento his first game, his first points? I don't know. I never heard that.
Speaker 4: Maybe Doug Christy has that.
Speaker 2: Doug Christie has it Okay, I don't know, Rick and Ohio? Hi? Rick, what's on your mind? Hello? Dan Hirick.
Speaker 17: It's great to talk to the greatest shooter out of the Midwest. How's that for buttering out?
Speaker 2: I like it, Rick, You're not that far off. You're not that far off.
Speaker 17: They Giannie's basketball. Being a memorabilia collector yourself, if you had the choice me between having the non game ball and the game ball that he set the one game scoring record, which would you rather have? Well, do you think would sell for more money?
Speaker 2: So the mistaken ball as opposed to the real one, Yeah, I want the real one. I do because I know that's going to be worth something. The mistaken ball you kind of have to explain the story, and then you know, you have to tell people who Oscar schwee bay his and that he scored his point. But he'd already scored a point against the Lakers, but that was the end. He's in tournaments, so it's not really his first official point. So guys first point, they give him a basketball. It got heated in the hallway after that game over a basketball. I want that ball. It would have been great if Jannis calls out, Oscar, Oscar, get out here, bring that ball. You know what, Let's play one on one.
Speaker 13: Yes, Marvin, I can't wait until my man Oscar goes off. The next game, He's the headline is going to be Oscar the Grouch going crazy.
Speaker 2: He's averaging one again, he gets one more point of game than I do. He's not going off, He's not, but it sounds good. I mean, the next time they play, Oscar is going off.
Speaker 4: He's starting. I can't believe this is a thing. This is so wild.
Speaker 2: When we come back, the NFL is adding more games in New country. Does that mean the NFL is no longer looking at putting a permanent team in London? I'll have that for you coming up next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Has the NFL moved on from maybe trying to put a team permanently in London? Feels like adding more games in more countries is going to accomplish something better than just having a team in London. But this was a decade in the making where we're like Okay, London, Okay, Jacksonville going to London. London's waiting for a team. Hey, they have a stadium, they're ready for an NFL team. And now it feels like it's Germany. I think they're going to be in Brazil, Spain, maybe Australia for a game. They're trying to do a global reach here. And if you look at that, now you teams saying we'll give up a home game so we can have That's what the Chiefs wanted when they played in Germany. They were like, we want that territory, we want to own that market, we want to be that team for that country. And now you're finding teams almost planting that flag to say that's our city, that's our country. And it feels like and Peter King had a lot of this information in Good Morning Football, but it feels like more countries are getting games, and we're going to go to an eighteenth game eventually, so that extra game might be teams playing in other countries and maybe you know, in Canada they do something, maybe in Mexico City they do more of that. But it feels like you could probably have eight to ten countries that you would rotate Now, I don't think we're going to export a Super Bowl, at least I hope not. You don't need to, but it feels like maybe a permanent home for a team is not going to be on the agenda.
Speaker 13: Yes, Mark, do you think they do something where the closest team in America might go to you know, the Cardinals might go to Mexico or to La Chargers or Rams, or the Buffalo Bills play in Toronto or something like that, where it's like, all right, let's get a built in fan base since they're relatively close to those certain teams.
Speaker 2: Well, you could put the Cowboys in Mexico City, but they're going to draw wherever they go. But the proximity of that, you know, these owners don't want to give up a home game with the revenue. But if you can, if you can expand your brand and you go into another country and you know, the merchandising, you know, the the de facto fan base that's in another country. I understand it and the importance of that, But I think what I would be interested in watching is what teams are going to try to claim which country or city in a country.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is maybe apples and Oranges. But like soccer teams in different countries, they have to have a certain amount of international players versus local players. What if NFL someday had a rule where you had to have an international player on your roster, either on the practice squad or the roster itself to encourage I think there's a punter from Ireland on the Packers or something more of that, because then it plays big in that home country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been rugby players, punters, a lot of punters and some kickers from other countries. I don't know if you could mandate that unless you said we're going to put an extra player it's a fifty four player roster instead of fifty three. That player is going to be designated from another country. By the way, we have this day in sports History, we will close up shop with our poll results. Gambling podcast will be taped right after the show bad Larry Dylan, the graphics guy, and Shan Irving, and we'll have that for you later on this afternoon at dan Patrick dot com. All right, this day in sports history, Paulink.
Speaker 3: This was a good signing for the Dodgers. In nineteen fifty two, they signed pitchers Sandy kofexn eighty four, Howard Cosell retired from NFL's Monday at Football and Dan Marine was always on it. This time of your nineteen eighty six, Damn Reno set the NFL record with his seventh four hundred yard game.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it. Joe Burrow won the Heisman on this date, Desmond Howard won the Heisman on this date, and Steph Curry in twenty twenty one passed Ray Allen for the most made three pointers in NBA history. Interesting though, that Oscar Schweebe got the ball from that night and Steph Curry did not. You know, I call back, no, thank you, thank you. Let me see Brian in Minneapolis. Hi, Brian, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 11: Damn?
Speaker 8: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 17: Good?
Speaker 8: And upon Brook Carlisle, I am trolling Yannis all the way. I'm putting Oscars Weeblay into the jump ball and I'm having him talk all kinds of mess. I.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes we're shocked that a story has legs that all of a sudden it's like, all right, there's more to this, and then more to It's so silly. But I think because Yiannis reacted I mean it was so visceral and you're like, whoa, it's just basketball. But if it's not the Pacers, if that was a game against Cleveland and Cleveland did that for a rookie you scored his first points? Does he react that way because he got a technical earlier when he you know, gave a forearm to Tyrese Heliburton. So it was on, and it was on because the Pacers celebrated like they had won the title when they beat the Bucks in the Ncason Tournament. And You'll have to understand, the Pacers haven't had reasons to celebrate, so it was a big moment. You're beating up your big brother and you got a chance to play the Lakers in the Ncason Tournament championship. I get it. Are they are they biting off more than they're able to handle?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: But still fun fun for us. I mean, who's caring about a you know, a game on Wednesday in Milwaukee in December.
Speaker 4: Nobody great and grind, let's go Pacers.
Speaker 2: But it's it was fun and I watched it, but you know, Yannis going for sixty four and it probably bothered the Pacers that Yannis continued to try to score. You know, he wanted to put up a big number there and then it got chippy afterwards. I think Yannis is gonna get fined for going after the Pacers. You imagine you have to pay and you don't get the basketball, like he should say, all right, I'm gonna pay the fine, but I need the basketball, the real basketball, none of this fake stuff here. Let's see final results of the poll.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 2: See oke we put up there.
Speaker 5: This one's from the toddler who's acted more out of character in the past few days, Jannie or Patrick? Right now, seventy percent have Patrick Mahomes Okay, more out of character.
Speaker 2: Well, we haven't seen an outburst like this from Mahomes. Yeah, and I think you know, there's always been decorum.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know about Giannis. I don't know if there's been a standalone moment or you know, singular moment where you go, man, what's up with him? I think he gets passionate. But this is that was above and beyond the call of duty, and that's where somebody else can do this for you, because you don't need to be in the hallway calling out the pacers. We need you long haul. We don't need you suspended. We don't need you engaging with somebody. All right, go around the room. What we learned on the program. By the way, Chad from Trigger is coming in tomorrow for Meat Friday. Now it gets real, all right, Todd? What'd you learn today? Nick Wright?
Speaker 15: Says Canaris Tony lined up offside several times in that game, and it wasn't called. The chief's anger was that it was called on that play, costing them quite possibly the game.
Speaker 4: Whin he touchdown? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But did the NFL do it on purpose? Like did the officials go, man, We're gonna wait until it's a big moment and then throw a flag. See no, Connor, what did you learn to?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 2: Reid isn't sure why they call that? Marvin? What about you?
Speaker 4: Buckspacers, best ribery and sports PAULI?
Speaker 3: After three hours, I know less about where the game ball is from last night?
Speaker 2: Vin Todd? What do I learn today?
Speaker 15: Nick Right once again agrees with you that Draymond Green is cowardly tough. It's never a fair fight.
Speaker 4: When he loses his cool.
Speaker 2: Discover wants everybody to feel special. That's why they have the discovered card. We have access to twenty four to seven customer service, as well as zero dollar fraud liability, which means you're never held responsible for unauthorized purchases. Learn more, discover dot com, slash credit card limitations, apply fun Day today, have a great day yourself. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Meet Friday, Dan Patrick's show