Speaker 1: Welcome to Can'tfully Reckless, the production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect. Oh shit, be back on the air, Welcome back to you got another carefully reckless episode with your girl Jess. Hilarious. So we're gonna jump right in. We got some written passages, y'all. Remember I told y'all people don't be wanting nobody to catch on today voice so we don't have voice notes today. But thank god that I can read the non punctuations and shit. So we're gonna get it popping.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hey Jess, so I'm gay. Damn hold up. That is not how you start a story. God damn it. I mean I could see if it was June, but how you hey Jess, I'm gay? Like that would oh my god. Usually it's like, hey JS, I'm Chris, or Hey Jess, I'm Courtney.
Speaker 2: He'll say, hey Jess, I'm gay. Straight off the rippy. All right, that's cool.
Speaker 1: And I've been talking to this girl for about two months. This will be my first relationship with the girl, and I'm actually falling for her. Never thought I would be in a relationship with a female, but it's going now. We're both pretty popular on social media, and we're both active on social media with pretty popular platforms, so we've been trying to figure out the perfect.
Speaker 2: Time to pop out. Okay, I understand that we don't want to rush anything.
Speaker 1: We just want to make sure we're locked in before revealing each other on each other's pages. Nothing wrong with it, I can relate, But girls, tell me why. I wake up yesterday morning, Osha and I see the green circle with her name on it, which means she posted in her close friends. I was really saying, what the fuck that made? I don't know what a green circle is. I don't have no close friends or nothing. All Right, I clicked and it was a picture of us, but my back was turned. So I'm trying to figure out if I should be happy about this or should I question it? Because if this is supposed to be the pop out, why is the PopOut in your close friends?
Speaker 2: M Okay?
Speaker 1: It also got me thinking who is in her close friends and why didn't she post it publicly?
Speaker 2: And then, girl, I'm such an overthinker.
Speaker 1: Maybe she took everybody out of her close friends and had me in there by myself, so I can see it like she's looking for a reaction or something. What do you think, Jess, Hmmm, where it could be a couple of things. It could be a couple of things. If you two have well, I want to know, have you two talked about what that looks like for you guys to popping out situation? Have you guys even spoke on it, like and had a real conversation about it, Because I know with me and my man, he's not really big on social media, so he can't relate to this story, but I can. But I'm about to go back and talk about new exos and I lighted, So I'm just going to let y'all let you know this. We still did talk about it, Chris and I we talked about when we were going to post each other, and I bought it up because he wasn't really big on social he's still not big on social media and he's never really cared about it that much to have to do a debut of who his girlfriend is, you know what I mean. But I actually did go to him and sit down with him and I was like, what it looks like for me?
Speaker 2: Is this I think it's time to post you.
Speaker 1: Of course, we were well passed two months, but not that far in you know, we were just about like six months in or whatever. And the timing doesn't matter. It just it just matters if you guys are ready. But like you said earlier in your passage, you wanted to just see if y'all are locked in. Y'all, you want to be completely comfortable with the person before you just parade them to the world, before you let somebody, because the moment you let somebody into your safe space and your relationship is definitely a safe space. You know, you want to make sure this is what you want. You know, nobody can tell the future. Nobody knows that they're going to be with somebody forever, but that's what you plan for, right you know, So without being a fortune teller, you're just able to react off your feelings. And that's what I think your girlfriend might have done in this case. Also, I can see why it kind of has you thinking in your mind running because like you said, this is your first time in a gay relationship, this is your first time in a relationship with a woman, you know, shall I say, and you just want to make sure you know, and I have a stand up joke about this, but you want to be careful posting anybody, whether it's girl posing a girl, or a man posting a man, a woman on man, whatever, Like you want to be careful posting whoever you're with, because it seems like that's when everything goes to shit when you let people in your business. I guess that's the reason for the close friends. She could have been waiting to see a reaction she could have. I liked that third option that you said. You said you're such an overthinker, but I don't think that's overthinking. She could have removed everybody out of her close friends to just get a reaction out of you. What was your reaction, though? Did you hit her up about it? You leaven meet off the posadas? I mean, I mean you leaving meat off the bones. I need to know what happened. I need an update. I know you're gonna update me because this ain't my first time helping you out, so I'm gonna need an update.
Speaker 2: But I do want to say maybe she didn't go so hard with the.
Speaker 1: Because I know y'all have a thousand pictures with each other where she could have posed to want to show your face?
Speaker 2: But what that have made you upset?
Speaker 1: If she'd posted your face and then I could see what you're saying when you said, Okay, if it's a pop out, why is any of your close friends? I could see that as well. But are you ready for that? Have you posted her yet? Have you thought about that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So it's just a couple of questions that I would like to be privy with the answer to, because I don't think it was any harm trying to be done or anything. I think that she's just trying to leave her little mark, you know what I'm saying. I think she wants people to know this is my girl without actually showing who you are until you are ready to post her too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Also, she one of those females will feel like, well is she one of those people? It is not just girls, trust me, and she one of those people who feel like, Okay, I posted you, now, when you're gonna post me?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Because and I'm not gonna say that's a tip for tad thing, but most of the time, when you show somebody off, you definitely definitely looking to be showed off eventually, not not too long after you.
Speaker 2: Showing somebody off.
Speaker 1: But I definitely like, I like, I like this story because it's a lot of that going on. It don't matter how old you are, It don't matter how young you are, how popular you are on social media.
Speaker 2: You just want to be careful. You just you just want to be careful.
Speaker 1: And whether you have a big platform or not, people will be scared to post their people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I know you don't want nobody come and see you as a woman. So and both of y'all social media's is popping. Y'all got pretty popular platforms, like you said, So, I don't know. I think you should kind of sit on and talk to her about it, because you damn sure ain't telling me whether you hold her up about her. Talk to her and just just let me know. But I'm absolutely proud of you for telling me your business like I tell everybody who sends me in a story.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all for trusting me with your information and trusting my life lists, you know, and staying anonymous as well.
Speaker 2: So check back in with me, baby, If you love me, you'll listen to this commercial and then we'll be right back moving on.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jess, please fix my mess. I've been dating a man for sixteen months and it ended last month. Okay, So that's a little over a year. Backstory. I met him through social media. What is it social media that we gonna call this this episode social media. He was not working at the time until last January, which I helped him expand his job hunt to get the job he got and still has. Okay, that's good, I know, that's right, supportive queen. He told me he had a child on the way. Wait a minute, hold up, okay, and I too told him I have kids also, So kids are no big deal to me. Yeah, yeah, if they are already here, but if they on the way, let me just finish reading. He told me he never plans on getting back with the child's mother. However, in February, the child's mother wanted to work things out. I mean, yeah, she was pregnant. That lasted until the beginning of May. During that time span, we continue to communication, but the dating stopped. However, after he tells me it ended in May, it's back to us again.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, from the beginning, we implemented the rules of we're only dating each other. Okay, so that means you're only dating him, you only dating you and having sex with each other. Okay, you only having sex with him, he only having sex with you. If someone else did pop up in our lives, we would tell each other. Okay, so you being honest with him and he being honest with you. Now fast forward to December. We're on a lunch date and I see his Apple watch. It's a selfie picture of him and this one chick uh uh okay, and that's it. Listen, I am so so let me. Let me let me vent real quick to y'all answers. I'm so sick of y'all with these open ended ass stories. Now, I'm not gonna be re in this shit no more. I'm gonna change the whole fucking trajectory of carefully reckless if y'all asses cannot send me a whole fucking story, Like why do you guys start and then you stop? This is irritating the shit out of me. This is like the fourth weekend. I'm sorry, my sister, gret my shoulder, Like no, no, no, no, no, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I'm sick of as shit.
Speaker 1: This is like the fourth week in a row that these people write these fucking stories and then they stop right there. I always make fun of it, like maybe a nigga walked in the room while you was typing.
Speaker 2: The shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure he ain't staying in the room right now. Shit, you this, if it's a two be continued. You come back and continue, motherfuck girl. Shit, I don't know what the fuck the sound you after that? After you saw the selfie of him and the one chick on the apple wash?
Speaker 2: What did you do? And was it the baby? Mom? What was it? God damn it.
Speaker 1: I want to give you some advice, but I can if y'all coming with these open ended stories.
Speaker 2: This shit is crazy. So basically, now I'm about to get in your ass because where you.
Speaker 1: Turn, where you went wrong at anyway, was getting with a nigga who had a baby on the way.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't give a fuck. I've been through them all.
Speaker 1: I've been in almost every situation that somebody that I read on these on this hip podcast like that somebody has giving me. I've either been through it or I know somebody who has.
Speaker 2: But that's a red flag right there.
Speaker 1: A guy got a woman pregnant and then he's still dating while she's pregnant. Listen, when I was pregnant with Ashton, Rome was dating. Of course, he told people that he wasn't gonna be with me. But where was he at every fucking night with his girlfriend me? You know what I'm saying, A nigga gonna say whatever the fuck he can to get what he wants. Of course, the girl was telling them he wanted to be with her, She wanted to be with him and work things out. They was probably just going through it because of hormonal changes or she must have.
Speaker 2: You know, girl, if you've never oh yeah, you have had babies.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say, if you've never been pregnant, you don't understand you got kids.
Speaker 2: You ain't got one.
Speaker 1: You got kids talking about You told them in what no big deal? Yeah, damn right, it's a big deal. It has to be a big deal if his kid's not here yet. But I like how you said you stopped talking to him and that was that, and then you fans forward a little bit. So when he told you that it ended in May, and then you said it was back to y'all again, all right, cool? And so then you lay down some rules because giving how it was going before, I know, when you know he spent the block or you spent the block. You know, y'all had to lay down some ground rules, because there was certainly some groundwork that that should have been done, you know, because you didn't want the same thing that happened before to happen again. Cool, but obviously he broke that rule because when you all at lunch, a selfie pop up on your phone and I don't know what else so you need to do.
Speaker 2: I'm not even gonna milk this shit.
Speaker 1: Try to stretch it or whatever you need to let me know what else happened.
Speaker 2: And if you don't, oh fucking well, pissing me off of this shit. God damn it. Fuck girl, I'm shit.
Speaker 1: They off my sister in here, like just like a calm down. How I hate when they do that. Lord, hold up, hold up, I know this shit getting good. But listen to just a couple seconds of a commercial. If you love me, you'll listen. Okay, got another story for you. First off, Happy New Year is just listen. I'm gonna tell y'all one more time, it's happy New Year.
Speaker 2: How it's gonna be more than one year?
Speaker 1: Is? It's happy new Year. We go, we go a year at a time, but Happy New Year to YouTube boom. I'm just a woman who feels alone. Yes, I'm married, I'm a mother, I'm an auntie, I'm a daughter, and I only had one friend, my best friend of forty five years. Okay, even with this, I feel alone. The first man in your life is your father, who teaches you how a man should love you. My dad was a great dad. However, in eighty nine, my father started using crack and drinking up a storm.
Speaker 2: Our world has been turned upside down. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: He started to physically abuse my mother. I loved my mother, but she was weak. Many years go by, she found her strength to leave my father and later passed in ninety seven.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I then took care of my father with his addiction because my older brother and younger sister didn't want to deal with him.
Speaker 2: I understand that as well.
Speaker 1: Fast forward, my father passed in twenty fifteen. He lived a long time after that though, So that's that's something to be grateful to God for. By ninety seven, I met the man of my dreams. We had two children, one boy and one girl. After fourteen years together, we were married. Biggest mistake of my life. Damn, after fourteen years somethingwha wasn't a mistake. He was so kind and loving. Then things changed. He's so disrespectful, y'all. Naya hold on, Wade, it stopped. I don't know if this is an error or what the fuck this is. I maybe it's something going on with this shit, because that that story stopped like that too. But then how is somebody how some of them getting through and some of them not unless all of y'all just not finishing.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is going on? Y'all?
Speaker 1: I can't even give full advice. I don't know what she wants. I mean, I know she feels alone. I'm sorry about hearing the story about your parents, both your mom and your dad. You lost them, and you know you definitely was a blessed daughter to have taken care of your father after seeing him struggle with such an addiction and you know, be physically abusive and mentally abusive to your mom. I don't like how you called her week though. You know, you just don't know what she was going through in that time. She could have been battling depression, she could have been you know. And again, I'm not trying to change how you feel. You because you know your mother. You knew your mother more than I did or any of us listening. You know what I'm saying, But I'm sure if there was something that she could have done to not be in that situation, I'm sure she would have done it for you and your sibling's sake. You also went on to tell me, after fourteen years off you and your children's father being together, that was a big mistake you married him. Things changed. He was disrespectful and mentally and emotionally.
Speaker 2: And verbally abusive.
Speaker 1: So if you can say that your mom was weak for taking that abuse from your father, and the same breath as you taking the abuse, then what does that make you. You wouldn't call yourself a weak woman, right right? And you know how they say the apple don't fall far from the tree.
Speaker 2: I'm not insulting you.
Speaker 1: I just want you to realize you called your mother weak, and you would be upset if I were to call you weak. I don't know what your mental stability is like. I don't know what your mental health is like. I don't know the status of your mental health. I don't know what you're going through. I do know that you're a mom and you have to live for your children. You know you have to raise your children. You have to be mentally stable enough to raise your children. You have to be Okay, it sounds as if you need therapy because you started off saying that you're alone. You're a forty five year woman and you're alone. You have one best friend, you have one friend. This is not going to make you feel any better, I suppose. But there are people with no friends, no family, no siblings, know nothing. You know, so let's look around and see what you do have and get some therapy. That's all I can tell you right now, because I don't know what else your story is. I'm gonna look further into what the hell may be going on with Instagram because I know all of y'all can't be this like dense to keep stopping a goddamn story. And I'm sorry, I'm just like, what the fuck is going on? But okay, last story and then we are going to end this episode, y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I think I read this one last last week, but this guy came back. He said, I have a question. Is it bad for a guy my age to still be a virgin without choice? I never smoked, dranked, or slept with anyone, and I feel embarrassed. I'm twenty seven I think I'm gonna be forever a virgin. Sadly, I'm an in cell. You are fucking what I don't even know what that means. And I'm not choosing this because I want to. Beautiful women don't want me. You're twenty seven, You're a virgin. You're never taking a drug in your life. And by that, I mean you said you never smoked, you never dranked or anything. You feel embarrassed, Well, what else do you tell me more about yourself? This is also opening it as well. I mean you you finished it. It's just that most guys don't really leave a lot of meat on the bone as well. I do want to, first and foremost say thank you for even exposing this little part for me.
Speaker 2: You know, of your life. I definitely can understand why you feel embarrassed.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be. I mean, twenty seven. That just means when you do get some, it's going to be a magical moment for you, honey. Like you know, make sure because you have held your virginity up to par for so long, that you don't just give it away to any fucking body.
Speaker 2: I mean, because you have not come this far just to go grab some chlamydia, all right, so just make sure that it's you know, my sister is like nigger.
Speaker 1: But seriously, shit, you know, it's a lot of men out here who got bodies on bodies on bodies, you know what I'm saying. And I'm pretty sure there is a woman out there who could appreciate meeting a twenty seven year old virgin because she would be at first, you know, and hopefully you meet somebody like Yvonne Orgy. You know, she as sexual as her last name. Maybe she is or was recently, you know, a virgin up until like I think she's in like her mid thirties. So it's not unheard of. It's not like it's like something that you have to be embarrassed about. But I would I would definitely tell me more about yourself. You know, what are some things that are fun to you? What do you do? You know, I'm going through your page. You're you're certainly handsome. I don't understand what do you mean by beautiful women don't want me? What the hell do you do? That's gonna be hard to say, but it's like, are you weird? What the fuck would you classify yourself as a I don't know what you mean by an inceell does that mean an introvert?
Speaker 2: I mean I could.
Speaker 1: Certainly google it, because only a super duper smart ass genius as Nigga who ain't hand section we use a word like that.
Speaker 2: If it's a word, maybe it was a mistake.
Speaker 1: Okay, So in cell means members of an online subculture who defines themselves as unable to find romantic Oh okay, yeah, you read books and shit, all right.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: You're smart obviously you know just by the word that you use. I would never be like, hey, I'm an insol but that's you're smart. So you need to find you another little smarty pants. What do you like to do for fun? Please don't tell me you read books.
Speaker 2: In the house.
Speaker 1: I want I need to know more. I need I need for you to uh lighten up a little bit. I throw some little humor in there for you.
Speaker 2: Do you laugh?
Speaker 1: Do you like comedy? Do you like to do you want to take a damn shot? I mean, I know you don't smoke. I'm not encouraging anybody to do anything that they don't want to do. I mean, because you certainly have a choice. You're twenty seven, You're of age. You can do any and everything you fucking want. I mean, do you travel? Do you what are some of your favorite shows? Do you watch TV?
Speaker 2: What do you do? What excites you? You know?
Speaker 1: You know what excites you down there too, you know what I mean? Like, I don't have you ever watched porn?
Speaker 2: Like? What's up? I don't. I don't know what the fuck?
Speaker 1: But I am here for you, and I as hard as that may sound, you know, I think I may have feel a little bit too many jokes that cause I don't know what you like. I don't know what you do. I don't know if you're like allergic to laughing or some shit. But listen, we need to get you some But we need to get you a great woman, a good woman, because, like I said, don't waste the virginity on nobody that don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you've saved yourself, like you said, not by choice, but it don't matter by choice or not. You have saved yourself obviously, and so a woman that's worthy of that is the only woman deserving of it.
Speaker 2: So just put some more meat on the bones for me.
Speaker 1: Let me know what you like, what you don't like and let's see, let's see do you even know what you don't like?
Speaker 2: You know, I can ask you questions all day because you don't know shit.
Speaker 1: But just like that, we've come to the end of yet another Carefully Reckless episode with your Girl just hilarious. Make sure you tune into Carefully Reckless every Wednesday on iHeart under the Black Effect umbrella and in my deepest Pam voice.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 1: The name and can't. Fully Reckless is a production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.