Speaker 1: Here we go. Let's do it again, another brand new episode today for your Second Date. Oh my god, something just so. I think it's fine. I think that this the studio is following apart, but we're still here. We're still making it happen for you. It's Brook and Jeffrey, and thank you so much for finding the Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: Ashin is stealing the copper under here.
Speaker 3: I've got to move out of my parents somehow.
Speaker 1: We don't blame you. And I didn't see anything, Ashton. But what did you see? In the comments?
Speaker 4: Alexis Muktar said, Hi from Afghanistan. I've been listening to y'all for years now, phonetops and.
Speaker 1: This and anywhere I go.
Speaker 4: My college commute is thirty minutes by bike from my house and I always have y'all on literally my favorite pod.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. I hope you keep the volume a little low so you hear the oncoming vehicles. Yeah. True, you know we can't fo up there all right. Yeah, there you go. Your brand new podcast starts right.
Speaker 4: Now, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: We frequently hear on this show that the number one turn off for men and women is if your date is rude or dismissive to the weight staff.
Speaker 1: Yay, it's bad. Yeah, how often it happens is wild?
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: And Brook knows that because she owns a chain of restaurants, so she can be rude to the weight staff because she owns them, but not as a patron. That's not okay, that's where she draws the line. And she doesn't pay overtime.
Speaker 1: No, but I don't mean I don't even pay minimum.
Speaker 3: Way we're getting away from the point here. My point is one of our listeners witnessed a rude encounter happened at a restaurant and it actually led to a date. What, Andrew, I read your email. Tell us more about the situation that you encountered. Hopefully it wasn't at one of Brook's unregistered roadside diners.
Speaker 1: But really I was hoping that his date's name wasn't Karen.
Speaker 3: What was the story?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, thanks for having me on here. First.
Speaker 1: Oh, aren't you polite?
Speaker 3: Too polite? I don't like it. Answer the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you weren't the issue at this restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where did this happen?
Speaker 5: It was in a restaurant kind of like like a Buffalo wild Wings type sports bar type thing.
Speaker 1: So place.
Speaker 3: Always the most polite people, most types of places. Okay, So I was.
Speaker 5: Sitting over at the bar and I hear these two ladies near me. They were asking the waitress. They're like, hey, do you think you're pretty?
Speaker 1: Maybe they were going to compliment her, like, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: Next, Well, the waitress says, well, I mean I think I have good days and bad days, you know, like any normal person would, right, But they kept pressing her and they were saying, no, come on, you think you're pretty, don't you.
Speaker 1: Please tell me that. They followed up with a compliment like we think you're gorgeous. Tone isn't as mean as it sound.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, well they actually didn't do that.
Speaker 1: That's coming from a place of their own self confidence issues.
Speaker 3: But okay, why what happened?
Speaker 5: She just wanded like, I mean today I feel good about myself, you know, like you obviously taken aback.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: But then she makes the drinks and she brings them back on time and everything. She's like really good to them, And then the women are like, do you think people tip you because you're pretty?
Speaker 1: What is their head?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: What is weird? I have never heard any one say anything.
Speaker 2: That's got to be an attempt at a compliment. Or you're so pretty, you're so pretty, come on, you.
Speaker 3: Know you are so bizarre. Or it's an episode of Undercover Boss and they're secretly taping this. Come on, be rude to the customers. Do you feel well this box?
Speaker 1: This is so crazy that this is happening.
Speaker 3: Weird for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So then she responds, I think most people tip me based on my service, not my luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah done.
Speaker 1: I'm also good at my job.
Speaker 5: Then she brings the check to the ladies, right, and I hear them say we're not going to tip you because you're pretty. And I'm sure you get tipped a lot because.
Speaker 1: People based the whole thing was a setup so they could get out of tipping.
Speaker 3: Brook has never been so impressed.
Speaker 1: But that is awful.
Speaker 3: I know it is pretty low.
Speaker 5: It was infuriating just to watch.
Speaker 3: It like I used to.
Speaker 2: I can see somebody writing this, but to say it to their face and then walk out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please tell me you didn't follow them into the parking lot and ask one of them out, and that's why you're.
Speaker 3: Calling I think I'm pretty. By the way, I had a double date. So no, what happens because you said it leads to a date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't with them, I assure you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I kipped her big and I told her I was like, listen, I'm not tipping you because you're pretty, even though of course you are. I'm tipping you because you're a great server and you shouldn't listen to those tags.
Speaker 3: That's right, okay?
Speaker 1: And then you asked her out?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, kind of after that, I ended up getting her number, and then we met up after her shift.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of times was about like a fake number or just be like, yeah, call me, but it's just to get you out of her hair. Actually had a date.
Speaker 1: I don't know. She was in a low place. She was ready to do anything.
Speaker 3: Those two other women actually kind of set you up for this, yer. But how did it go?
Speaker 5: I mean it was good. We went to a dive bar, so we were out pretty late, and then she ended up staying at my place.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, what was it like in the morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're skipping, okay, let's go to the morning.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't feel like I always need all the details of what happened at the night, like we understand what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was pretty. She was very pretty scene.
Speaker 5: So the next morning when she was leaving, I thought things were good between us. Everything was awesome actually, and the mood seemed good and everything, and I was helping her gather her stuff and I even called an uber for her. Yeah, but that was it, and she's now not responding to my text at all other than like one word.
Speaker 1: Do you think that she was just thinking of it as like a one night type of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I get you know, it turned out to be like a one night standing but I really don't want it to be. I really liked her a lot, and I guess I feel like if I go back to her bar, though, I'm gonna be in stalker territory. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I would agree. I think you come across as kind of a creepy customer at that point, unless.
Speaker 3: You wear a mustache. AI.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I just haven't heard from her through texting, and I don't know what to do now. So what do you guys think, Well.
Speaker 3: It's definitely less stalker ish to reach out to a radio station and have us call her on your behalf.
Speaker 1: That's different than showing up at her work. Actually, so, I'm actually.
Speaker 3: It's just one step above the stalker move, and we're going to do it when we come back and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Couldn't start part two without playing this song. I feel that's my mom loves this song because our listener and witnessed a waitress getting basically harassed by two other female patrons at the bar who kept asking her, Hey, do you think that you're pretty?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that why you get tipped? You get tipped because you're pretty? That's more of the tone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, come on, you think you are? You think you are a regular Arlene Fox?
Speaker 1: Don't you My mom is a smoke show. Yeah, I mean, I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: And when they left the bar, they told her, we're not tipping you because you get plenty of other tips from customers who find you pretty.
Speaker 1: Dude, it was all a setup because they're cheap. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, one of those customers was Andrew, who took the opportunity to swoop in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that was kind of misleading. Yeah, people were listening to the front. He wasn't.
Speaker 3: He literally said, I'm not tipping you because you're pretty. I'm tipping you because you give great service.
Speaker 1: That's right, and you deserve extra tip because those ladies suns. Yeah he called them hags actually, And it sounds.
Speaker 3: Like you got excellent service from her. Later that night back at his place when she stayed over it.
Speaker 1: I don't need to do that.
Speaker 3: Andrew felt like it was more of a one night thing. But afterwards, she's not being super receptive to his text so maybe she didn't feel the same, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: If she didn't, maybe she thought that you wouldn't want more. What have you texted her?
Speaker 5: I'm just saying like, what's up? I mean, I didn't specifically say like, hey, let's go get something again, because she's not really responding.
Speaker 2: You know, it feels like you can't start a conversation even like you're saying, hey, what's up? By was your day kind of vibe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Are you reminding her that you're not texting her cousin pretty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe I should have.
Speaker 1: Let's not do that when we get her on the phone.
Speaker 3: I am on the women's side here.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: So let's call her. What's her name?
Speaker 1: Her name Monica, Monica. Okay, that is a pretty girl name.
Speaker 3: Don't say that, Brooke. Don't label her that way. She's more than that. Let's just give her a call and we'll see what she's really all about. Here we go. Hello, Hey, Monica, this is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How you doing.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm good.
Speaker 1: What is this about. I'm actually so glad you're awake, because if you are a waitress, then oftentimes you have late nights.
Speaker 3: Ah you know, yeah, good job waking up today. We're proud of you.
Speaker 1: Probably doesn't listen to morning radio very often.
Speaker 6: I don't know you se.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we don't really know you that much either. We've just heard about you through a listener of ours name Andrew.
Speaker 6: Oh, Andrew.
Speaker 3: I don't love how you say that, but maybe there's a reason that you say it that way, because what we're doing here is called a second date update. We're trying to help Andrew figure out if there's a reason that the two of you haven't met up a second time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely felt like the connection was strong. Enough, it should be more than just a one time hangout.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know how much you know about the whole night.
Speaker 3: He did tell us what happened at the bar before the two of you went out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with those two jerks, yeah DAGs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grilling you about being pretty.
Speaker 1: And then using that as an excuse not to tip you. I'm mad still, geez.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was that was pretty rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet wasn't it nice? Say? Andrew like, I don't know, kind of saved the moment in a way.
Speaker 6: Well, in the beginning, he did make me feel better by coming over and talking to me, and he felt like someone I could trust, so I gave him my number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he told us that. He said that, he told you that he didn't think that you were pretty, that he was tipping you because you were a good server.
Speaker 1: Again, why are we emphasizing.
Speaker 3: That cart Because he's a good person and doesn't see you for just like a beautiful face.
Speaker 1: It's hard to disagree with when you said it. I mean, the words are right and the tone is just weird. He's a good guy. Maybe we could just move on to them hanging out. Remember you got he told us, you guys got drinks at a dive bar and that was fun enough to go back to his place.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm. Also, he did tell you that I stayed over at his place.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We tried not to pry too deep into it because overall, he just felt like there was a strong connection, strong enough that you'd hang out a second time. And that hasn't happened, and he's not sure why.
Speaker 6: There was a little bit of like an issue before I left his house in the morning.
Speaker 1: See, I asked him about the next morning, and he said there was nothing awkward.
Speaker 6: Well, he wouldn't have known about it because I didn't make a big deal about it and I didn't tell him anything. Oh well, so what happened in the morning was as we were getting ready, our clothes were everywhere, and I asked him to toss me to my pants because they were closer to him. And he tosses me my jeans and a pair of underwear. But the only problem was I wasn't wearing underwear that night.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 2: Oh, another women's underwear on the bed, not his underwear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just laying around.
Speaker 4: Yeah this guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so like I wanted to ask him, like, who's worthy, but I didn't want to make a big deal about it. I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could see how that would be a big mood killer, right, even though you're not in a relationship or anything, like, just to have random women's unter lying all over something guys off.
Speaker 3: Well, so what's going through your mind when you when you see that?
Speaker 6: Like, well, I was like, does he do this with other waitresses?
Speaker 1: Like it just follows those mean girls around and then trying to make people feel better after they stiff their waistuff.
Speaker 6: It didn't feel good because before that I didn't want on one night stand. But after that, I just I couldn't talk to him again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Had to have seen the women's underwear and like internally died. There's no way he didn't notice.
Speaker 3: He thought it was hers, but it was on the floor.
Speaker 1: Before that then, right, But.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: He would know if another woman's underwear happened to still be there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going through his mind. We should just ask him right now because you don't know this, Monica. But Andrew's been waiting on the other line, listening to you.
Speaker 1: He's like a surprise pair of bundies on the other.
Speaker 5: Hey, Monica, Hi, Andrew, I'm sorry about this. I'm really sorry those weren't yours. I would you believe me if I told you they were mine?
Speaker 1: Is that the road we're going to take?
Speaker 3: Is that better?
Speaker 5: Okay? Okay, so yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I have no idea who those were. But I'm really sorry that happened. I really like you a lot, and I'm sorry that made you feel like trash like I see, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: He's trying to yell over the top of the lace panties that were on his bed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I did mean what I said before that I initially didn't want this to be a one night stand. But I don't know if I can move past that.
Speaker 3: And she was saying earlier, Andrew, she's worried, maybe you do this all the time with waitresses all over the city because you just admitted yourself you don't even know who's underwear those belonged to.
Speaker 1: That was not a good confession, Andrew. It needed four for days and you don't even know.
Speaker 3: You're making yourself sound like a crazy player.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't do this with lots of waitresses. I mean, yeah, every now and then, I'll meet somebody here and there, but it's not like all the time, you know, and I hear, this is the thing I want to drive home is Monica. That night at the dive bar after be connected, it felt so good. I felt really good with you, and honestly, I was somewhat sober at that point. So I'm hoping that somehow you can forgive me for the whole underwear thing that I had no idea that was the reason. And I definitely don't plan on seeing that person again.
Speaker 3: So now suddenly you do know who they belonged to, and you just don't plan on seeing them, or he.
Speaker 1: Still doesn't know, and there's no way for him to see him again because he has no idea who he was.
Speaker 5: Probably that guys, you were supposed to be on my side, I know, but I feel.
Speaker 3: Like you're just trying to give you a Yeah, there's some landmines that you haven't cleaned up along the way, and we haven't heard how Monica's doing right now. Monica, what's running through your mind?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm I'm thinking a lot of things. You're kind of backpeddling a little bit, and I don't want to dismiss how I feel.
Speaker 5: Okay, Monica, you shouldn't have to dismiss how you feel. I just want you to hear me out like, I really really like you, and yet I've had sex with somebody before and they left.
Speaker 1: I think that's okay, that's okay first time. I mean it was a mistake that he made. He sounds sincere that he really likes you, Monica, and he wants to see you again.
Speaker 3: And if you're open to it, we'd pay for that meetup.
Speaker 1: See, we are on your side, Andrew.
Speaker 3: Just one more if you're willing to give Andrew a chance.
Speaker 6: You know what, I haven't had anyone put in the effort to even try to fix things with me, So I'll give you another chance.
Speaker 1: Whoa, I did not see that coming, just like those underwear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, congratulations Andrew. I don't know how you did it, but you dug yourself out of your own hole. You got yourself a date.
Speaker 5: I attribute it to you, guys. Thank you, and thanks Monica for giving me another chance.
Speaker 6: Okay, Andrew, not that I'm encouraging that we go back to your place, but just please clean up your room next time.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's already becoming your mom, brou.
Speaker 1: She's all turned off again.
Speaker 3: If she buys you a hamper run.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that Brooks said that she didn't see the yes coming, because I don't think I don't think any of us did. Honestly, just really goes to show persistence does pay off sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or she just realized, well, I guess just another pair of underwear. It's been worse in my dating life. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I would say to him, bring her a gift on the next date, and it should be a brand new pair of unused underwear that she could leave it his place next time. I thought it was gonna be the matching pro set. Oh why not? Yeah, the whole she bang.
Speaker 1: Have you guys were paying attention to begin I don't think she does that. It's the underwear thing. Oh yeah, that's not her.
Speaker 3: Jam Okay, well respect to her then, But whatever your underwear situation is, we can always try and step in and help you with your dating life. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go. Check out all of our second Date podcasts. They're available to listen anytime. Underwear on or off that's right. Just find us at Brook and Jeffrey