Speaker 1: A whole bunch of crap that doesn't fit together. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 1: One more thing, a couple of different things to bring you first. This from the world of Monster Trucks. Is that right, Michael? Here we go. Oh my oh no, holy crap, Oh my god, no way, someone's cars got Oh my god, Oh my god. I hope no one's car.
Speaker 2: Is messed up.
Speaker 3: So what happened to? Yeah, go ahead, Michael.
Speaker 2: Monster truck is doing its thing and a wheel comes off and goes and hits the car in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Hell, the big giant monster truck wheel. Yeah, that had hit a person. Oh, they'd be dead.
Speaker 3: Holy smokes. Did it do damage to the car? Yeah? I believe So, okay, crush two cars, crushed two cars. There we go. But maybe we can edit this together so it's coherent, so.
Speaker 1: You believe it it did or it crushed two cars. I already seen the video trucks. Oh oh are you talking? It's her video?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Gatie, No, it's his clip, but I watched it, So you go. The truck hits a ramp, comes down to land and the front tire just goes flying, bounces over the wall of the stands into the parking lot and takes out two cars.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it the Thank god that didn't land on you know, a family walking to their cars, right, jeez.
Speaker 3: Oh lord. Yeah, because that that sort of thing is incredibly dangerous. That's why all the big tracks have giant fences around them.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I am that they don't for monster truck rallies.
Speaker 1: I rode in a monster truck just Friday night for so first time in my life. Joe shakes his head. Oh, oh yeah. We were at the California State Fair and for some reason, Dodge was giving monster truck rides to get you to look at their vehicle. Something minimas so cool fair. The kids climbed up the giant ladder into the monster truck and it took you around a track once, and that was.
Speaker 3: Kind of fun. How about it.
Speaker 1: You're really high? Yeah, Michael, you.
Speaker 3: Were in a demolition derby years ago. I was, uh yes, Getting back to the trucks and wrecks and stuff like that. I haven't told this story for ages. I'll give you a short version of the one time, the one and only time I've ever been to the Indy five hundred. I was sitting there with my buddy Paul at the time, and we were sitting next to some nice people, a couple, but we were We were right at the entrance to pitt Row more or less right where the track gets divided between the track and the entrance, and probably well now that I picture, probably seventy five yards past that anyway, So there were getting ready for the race and chatting about it, and it becomes clear she is very, very concerned about cars wrecking and them being in danger, and like to the point of, what are you talking about. There are like a quarter of a million people here excited about the race and you're obsessing over that. And he was teasing her a little bit about it, and we were teasing her a little bit about it too, about oh yeah, we better be ready to dodge, you never know, blah blah blah. And it was in the first five laps of the race somebody wrecked right into the dividing pylon thingy that separates the track from the off ramp thing the entrance to pitt Rope. Car explodes, oh in depart not literally a fireball, but every part of it went in a different direction. All that was left was the cockpit, the protective you know, mini cockpit that the driver's actually in that goes sliding down the track. Nobody can tell if he's alive or dead. There's debris flying everywhere, including around us. She broke down, weeping, and they left. Wow.
Speaker 2: She spoke that into reality.
Speaker 1: Wow, she spoke it into reality.
Speaker 3: She manifested. Oprah, Is that what happened?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, she did, precisely.
Speaker 3: Oh we felt pretty bad about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll bet oh, I'll bet.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: It was fine, by the way, The driver was fine. The car just disintegrated. All that was left was the cockpit. It went sliding, kind of whirling down the track for five hundred yards and it comes to her rest after about five seconds. You see a little movement. The guy was taking off his harness. He steps out of the the cockpit. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: So as not to hang you out to dry, Michael, Yes, I did drive in a demolition, deary, several years ago. Have you ever done that, Katie?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: All of this is on my bucket list, though, so I am.
Speaker 1: I got contacted by the local the Dition Mayfair, and they called up one and I found to drive on their cars to help promote the demo derby or whatever. So they built a car for me and I went and drove it and it was it was a very cool experience. But uh, the weirdest part of it for me was like I wasn't scared or anything like that. I mean, yeah, I've never heard I've never seen anybody hurting a demo derby or I've witnessed a bunch of or anything, so I had no fear whatsoever. But I know we were all going to bang into each other, and we did. We banged in each other and my car lasted quite a while because they built it really well, and then it was over. But on the way home I had some sort of lingering PTSD whereas like every car that would go by, I'd be like like flinch. It was weird. I gotten bashed so many times. I was like ah ah, And I don't usually react to stuff that way, but it was, I don't know, it's weird. They do hit you really hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember you sing at the time. It was it was pretty violent, very like sort us in your neck and back and stuff for a long time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, for trying to hold your head up and everything, like that you get bashed around pretty fun though.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you like strapped in though?
Speaker 1: I mean you strapped in? You gotta have money? Yeah, okay, yeah, you got.
Speaker 3: A head like the planet Neptune. See, your poor neck was really overmatched. All right, right, my.
Speaker 1: Son was telling me about my big head the other day. Again, we're doing a bunch of things that don't fit together. Here's one. We are talking about sports betting on the Armstrong and Getty radio show. Somebody texted this, I've never heard this before, have you. There are Instagram accounts that give detailed bet info on the line of specific women in the w NBA based on their menstrual cycles. Apparently it's quite accurate and a pretty easy way to predict various ladies' points and rebounds. Does that make any sense to you, Kaeddy.
Speaker 2: You're a woman, Actually, it totally does.
Speaker 1: Really if it's your a lady, time the curse.
Speaker 2: Because some girls they get hit with cramps really bad, so they can't perform as well, or you know, certain things, some things keep you up at night when you're that's happening.
Speaker 1: You're a basketball player, so do you think your performance dropped off during LT?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Totally interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, especially if I was going through the cramping period when we had to play a game, it was not It was not comfortable at all.
Speaker 3: Oh I bet yeah, so yeah, wow, Wow, that is a hell of aar inkle on sports betting.
Speaker 1: How Come I've never heard that about the Olympics or anything like that, the springing. I mean, they never lay out, you know whatever, our great phenom female gold medal, hopeful, but unfortunately it does match up with her cycle, so it's going to be tough for her tonight. And how come I've never heard that?
Speaker 3: Well, because there's a perfectly reasonable scientific answer to that. Go ahead your thoughts first.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it's mine's not scientific, But I know from this.
Speaker 3: Whole ir present science.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, from this whole IVF thing I've been going through. They've actually used birth control and other medications to alter when my cycle takes place. So maybe there's a chance that they have, like if it's the Olympics or something like that, they could prepare a couple months early and actually change the date of the cycle so it doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, day to the event. Here are your two notes from science. Number one, the COVID came from a panglin. Mating with a bat in a wet market had absolutely nothing to do with a lab. Secondly, super elite female athletes don't often don't menstruyate it at all, or their cycle is extremely irregular because they work out like fiends and their diets and the rest of it. So okay, yeah, I want the drug route, but now that might be in play too. I would if I'm training all my life for the Olympic Trials or the Olympic Games and the timing just ends up being bad, Let's go ahead hand me those bills.
Speaker 2: That now that you say that, though, you're right, because I remember when I was on like three different basketball teams and I was training really hard. Everything was off. Yeah that makes yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Otherwise you end up the Olympic scene on your moody and.
Speaker 2: Slow, eating all the chocolate right before you run.
Speaker 1: Trying about something your best friend said, and you finished fourth. Those are bad combinations.
Speaker 3: It's a long day.
Speaker 1: It is a long day. One other thing I'm gonna end up not doing I'll do on the radio show tomorrow because we ended up talking longer than I thought, is this article about man keeping. We all like the they got to make up phrases. Do you know what man keeping is? Off the top of your head, Kato.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: As male social circles shrink, female partners say they have to meet more social and emotional needs of men. So it's having to deal with men's emotions since they don't have friends. According to this article, and as I think Jonah Goldberg pointed out in his tweet, so forever it was we we aren't emotional enough, We don't share emotions. Now we show our emotions too much, and you have to learn a skill called man keeping to deal with their emotions. What is it that you want?
Speaker 3: I hate honestly the yeah, yeah. The premise of the article is not insane, but Jonah makes an excellent point. It makes me just want to go join a what do you? What do you I'm not going to join a convent. I'm gon, dude, where do the monks go? What the monks? No? A muncatorium? What do you call that temple? A monk of poloosa. I'm gonna go have me a monk of palooza. Yeah, I'm tired of the modern world. It's just I'm just not like I'm disgusted or horrified or angered, No, just just exhausted.
Speaker 1: Just shall we never talk about our feelings then when we start, If you do start now, I've got to go.
Speaker 3: Would you plates go hang out with some friends or something.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of this man keeping job that I've been given.
Speaker 3: You guys just can't win.
Speaker 1: True, true that unlesson learned early in life, you can't win. This is a game you can't win. So give up.
Speaker 3: Geez. Well, wait for the monster truck tire of fate to come your way. It will sooner or later.
Speaker 1: Dive in front of that bouncing tire your only way out. Well, I guess that's it.