Speaker 1: Ring ring ring ring ring. Oh man, oh, my two guys, five rings dreams are over. My big penis hit the mic. Oh and now I can't record anymore. Well, at least the internet's gonna love you. How do you think he feels like? We're talking about Anthony Amarati, the twenty one year old French Paul Vaulter who's penis hit the bar and took the bar all the way down and dashed his own Olympic dreams.
Speaker 2: Now would you say us talking about Anthony is two guys or five rings? I feel like we're dripping rent to the five rings.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's really the way we talk about it that will dictate if it's the two guys or the five rings. You're right, And my number one thing is how do you think he feels? Because here's the thing, like, he did not get the gold medal, but he did get the eyes of the entire world on his massive member.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say number two really underused word underrated. I think he's probably embarrassed. If we're gonna be honest, if people are talking about my humongous penis getting in the way of my I mean, he's forever iconic but also right now, in this moment, he's probably like, well, the whole world is talking about my genitals.
Speaker 1: I know, and there's nothing he could do about it, you know what I mean. It's just like it's just it's it's a So for those of you who are uninformed out there. French pole vaulter Anthony Emmiati, twenty one years old, went viral on Saturday, August third after a video of one of his pole vault attempts made it look like he failed to clear the bar because of his bulge, which seemed to knock down the crossbar. The theory quickly picked up stem and spread like wildfire on social media and through headlines, but a closer look at the video shows that was not actually the case. No, I'm sorry, I disagree with the copy. There's copy in front of him.
Speaker 2: No, no, just like let me know, I'm sorry, I'm I'm gonna read other copy. During the jump, Emarati tries to clear the bar, but first hits it with his shins and then his knees. It's already a failed jump, but to add injury to insult, Emmaradi knocks the bar off fully after he hits it with his crotch.
Speaker 1: So he like there's a there's a delay.
Speaker 2: If you will go back and watch the footage, there's there is this like like the reaction where he's just like shaking his head, just looking so disappointed, downtrodden. Is from the shins in the knees. The bulge is incidental almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like when when you really realize like it wasn't necessary. But here's what I'm saying at this point, like you did not clear the bar. Everyone thinks it was your huge penis. Run with that, I think, But the thing is, like I don't know, I wonder if you have a sense of humor about that kind of thing when you train for so hard and so long and I guess it wasn't possible for him to tuck the thing right.
Speaker 2: I think there's gonna be a new Kubler Rassian stages of not grief, but acceptance for having a big penis that gets in the way of your Olympic performance. It's anger, it's denial, it's you know, like and then it ends in humor and maybe a campsite.
Speaker 1: I mean, the man is absolutely gorgeous. He like outside of the largeness of it, like.
Speaker 2: He's blessed all over?
Speaker 1: Can we say that he's blessed all over? And like, I think that so are we, to be quite honest. And I also think like this makes him one of the more famous Olympians now.
Speaker 2: Right, And you know what this is where you go a tuck or a dance belt never hurt nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really does feel like it's out there, you know what I mean. When you watch the video, it's like, yeah, there's there's no getting around that thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like this can't be the first time this has happened to him.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, like he knew the risk.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, like, if you're an athlete professionally you are, I would they this might be presumptuous. You are so aware of your own body and of the sort of like boons and the handicaps that come with it, of your specific body, and you know, like you have to watch out for your big ass, Matt Rogers, and I have to watch out for my flat square ass and my big calves. You know, we all have our things. We all have our things.
Speaker 1: We all have our things that make it hard to move about the world, you know what I mean. Some of us carry guilt others of us carry a large member and also, guys, here's the thing. We had to talk about this. We had to address this head on. I feel like some people are gonna be listening to this podcast and they're gonna be thinking, Oh, they're just gross. They're gonna say, oh, they're just this is just gross, and they're objectifying this man. No, this actually is international news. It is international news that this penis knocked off the bar, and so we have to talk about it as journalists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's also want two gold medals before, and he set a national record with his pole vaulting. In twenty twenty one, he set the under twenty record in sets and that same year he won the gold medal for a five point six four meters vault. He is accomplished. Really, I hope and pray that he does not let this define.
Speaker 1: Lots of mixed lots of his lot going on.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on with Anthony. There's a lot, you know, a lot of stories.
Speaker 1: Better. He competed though, and like he so he could have pulled out like Simone in Tokyo and been like, I'm so sorry, but the pressure of my huge penis looms too large, and I got the bulgies out. He got the bulgies, and he didn't have the whips, he didn't have the twist of bulgies, and he decided to stay in the fight. By the way, speaking of simone, to move on from, I guess the uh the penis talk, and I guess that kind of ends the two guys portion of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think that was too We were talking about that in two Guys tone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now do I usually mentioned here in the two guy section or later that I ran a four thirty six mile wow? Or does it matter because I just did?
Speaker 2: I think, Well, I think you just did, and you actually kind of you were right on the nice edge, which is amazing. Like in the transition between two guys and five rings that for you to choose that part the transition to mention the four was it four thirty six four four six, four thirty six?
Speaker 1: Well, you keep thinking it's different than it is, and I've said it. So this is this is a meta number, your social Security number.
Speaker 2: This is the meta narrative now. Well, first of all, lose that and this is the meta narrative now, which is that I will never remember the exact number, no matter how many times you say it.
Speaker 1: Got it? Okay, Well I'll just say it for everyone else again one more time? Four thirty six. And also, did I tell you I've committed to something I Before this podcast is over, AM gonna go to a track and I'm going to see how fast I can run a mile now, and we're going to see how close to get.
Speaker 2: I just want to emotionally prepare you. You might be it might be, you might be disappointed.
Speaker 1: Can I ask, what do you think I will get?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh my god, this is crisis right. I think you're gonna get five fifty five?
Speaker 1: Five fifty five? You think I will run a mile in five fifty five? And that's the best I can do. I ran a five twenty in seventh grade. I'm a grown man now.
Speaker 2: I don't. Oh god, this is so hard.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know your body.
Speaker 1: You're an.
Speaker 2: I'm not like you are the Anthony Ammirodi of your own body. You know it better than i'man.
Speaker 1: Clearly he didn't. You've worked out next to me in Barrie's yesterday. What'd you think of my cardio skills?
Speaker 2: Very very impressive, Matt and I recently had to run for our lives at the Rome Formachino Airport to make our connecting flight, and we ran through the entire terminal. You never broke stry, neither did you. You were fast? No, I did. I was panting. I was panting, pro v I was really really down for the count for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the end, I was definitely. By the end, I was definitely like, I still got it, and I think I can take this to the track. And here's what I'm gonna say. I'm not gonna put a wager on myself yet, but I hear your five fifty five, and I will say confidently, I think I will do better than that. Wow, I'm not gonna guess what I'm gonna run, but I think I will do a better because it's only just the one mile. And I remember, I do know how to do it intrinsically in my body from high school. It's like drilled into me. I don't think I'll run a four to thirty six. That will never happen. But I think I'll do better than five fifty five.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, stay tuned. I hope you proved me wrong, and you prove yourself right, stay tuned, We're back. Let's talk about Simone.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Simone. What do you got for us? Bowen, you update us on the medal count for Simone the Biles.
Speaker 2: Well after, I would say after women's team, she did break Shannon's record for most awarded gymnast, most medal gymnast, and she has as of this recording. I think no, she's done. She went to her fourth medal of the Olympics, silver and the floor exercise finals on Monday, her fourth medal in Paris and eleventh Olympic medal overall. Give it up after a routine that included a couple of costly steps out of bounds and no problem. It happens all the time. Let's shout out Brazil's Rebecca Andraje becoming the first gymnast to beat Biles in a floor final in a major international competition. Fourteen point one sixty six, finished just ahead of Biles, who was fourteen point one three to three. Wow, so close. And Jordan Tiles we can't forget longtime brind and teammate of files ear and the bronze. The moment of Simone and Jordan bowing to Rebecca on the pedestal, on the podium was amazing. That fills me. I will I will coast on that display of sportsmanship and kindness and humanity and beauty for decades. I get chills just thinking about that. Rebecca and Rage, she happens to be one of the best in the world, and she happens to be competing against the best ever. So therefore it's like so beautiful that she gets to have a gold and walk away from this experience of the gold medal. Yeah, we have loved watching her. She is incredible. That whole Brazilian team just amazing. But Rebecca and Rage, congrats on the gold. Sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's truly a standout. I mean she has like not only just obviously the capability that she has and the talent that she has, but you want to root for her, like you hear her personal story about what she's come from about you know what. Yeah, she's she's truly had to, like truly against all odds, she is there and so to see that happen was amazing and you have to know that. I guess that's at a certain point, it's like that's also part of being a healthy competitor, right, is you know that, like at the end of it, like there's gonna be the rankings, there's gonna be the standings, like someone's gonna win the gold, someone's gonna win this over, someone's gonna win the bronze, and everyone else is going home with nothing. But you have to, I think, in order to be a really really strong competitor, or at least someone that's like used to it in this way, like all these girls are understand that, like the results are the results, and we celebrate that person that wanted to see them do that so heartily was really amazing and had to make that girl feel incredible because those two are icons, Jordan and Simone.
Speaker 2: And these are people who have really row together. I mean if they've seen each other for years and years and years competing at all these different events. It's really beautiful. Because Simon doesn't speak Portuguese, Rebecca doesn't speak English, that you watch these people communicate just in like universal gestures and nonverbal things and this, and there's something about I'm sorry I sound so silly, but there's something really amazing about that too. It's like you can.
Speaker 1: Try to communicate in spins and somersaults. Yes, I'm just like we sometimes do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I use somersaulted in front of me the other day and I went, yes, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: You knew emotionally where I was at in that moment.
Speaker 2: You really did, I really did. Other stories lots going on. This is this is I gotta say, Yeah, maybe this is because we're paying more attention than we usually do because we're hosting two guys five rings. I'm really enjoying all of the stories coming out of Paris. Talk about Noah Lyles.
Speaker 1: Noeh Liles has won the gold and the one hundred meter sprint. On Sunday, three US sprinters reached the finals of the one hundred meters. In one of the closest finals in Olympic history, the leader of the pack, Noah Isles, pulled out a victory with nothing left to spare. It took a near perfect race and a dip at the end, but the twenty seven year old Lyles edged out Jamaica's Kishane Thompson with a personal best time of this is insane, nine point seven to eight four seconds. That's an unheard of time. Tom Well, I mean people have done it, but you know what I'm saying, Thompson also ran a nine point seventy nine, but Lyles finished point zero zero five of a second faster. Lyle's teammate Fred Curley won the bronze. The race was so close that Lyles in real time said he thought Thompson had won. We were waiting for the names to pop up, and I'll be honest, I came over and I was like, I think you got the Olympics dog. That's what he said.
Speaker 2: That was not just me quoting thousandths of a second. That is what we call a photo finish.
Speaker 1: And have you actually seen the picture of the finish, because it's it's it's insane that something can come down to this the photo.
Speaker 2: But yeah, wow, I mean yeah, it's pretty incredible. This like overhead shot is this is why you watch racing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that there's been because it is like some controversy over the photo. Some people are like, oh, it's this one one, oh that one. One. The rule is it's not the foot crossing over, it's the head crossing over. And guys, can we can we just like confirm that that's true. It's whoever's head crosses and not the foot. Yeah, but I just want to go to my producers to make sure because this is part of the controversy. It's the tors torso. Thank you, it's the torso everyone, Okay, So looking at the photo again? Yeah, yeah, wow, it's it really is. It is the definition of a photo finish.
Speaker 2: Now, what if you have a very long torso versus someone like me who was a very short one, I'd say I'm at a disadvantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that you are gonna beat these guys in one hundred meters.
Speaker 2: I mean compared to my girl over here, she's giving slender Man while I'm giving Danny DeVito.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. I don't like when you talk about yourself and Danny Davito that way, and I never have.
Speaker 2: I am not putting any connotation on this. I love slender Man and I love Danny de Vito equally. I want to see them do a buddy comedy together. Yeah, I mean Danny DeVito did it with Arnold Schwarzenegger, did he not? He did?
Speaker 1: What was that movie again? Oh twins? Ain't that hilarious?
Speaker 2: Ain't that hilarious? Noah, Lyle's really inspiring. It came down to five remember five thousandths of a second. I just think it's an amazing moment of athleticism between Jamaica and the US. But for Noah, this is someone who, immediately after he won, tweeted, I have asthma, allergies, dyslexia, eighty anxiety and depression. But I will tell you that what you have does not define what you can become. Why not you?
Speaker 1: Wow? Why not you?
Speaker 2: Why not you? Beautiful?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Can I say the Olympics are so amazing?
Speaker 2: I will shout it from the rooftops. I'll go on the damn podcast and say it.
Speaker 1: We have an update to the metal race Bowen and I have to say it's pretty good news for the USFA so in third place overall, fittingly at propos we have with forty eight total medals France they've also garnered thirteen gold medals. In second place is China with fifty three total medals and twenty one gold medals, and the United States has amassed seventy nine medals in total and also won twenty one gold medals. So if you're a gold medal girly, it's the US and China kind of up there together, but indisputably the US is really raking them in overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it usually comes down. It's really fun to see it get shaken up with Russia not being in the mix because they're not participating this year, so they're usually it's usually like this toss up between the US, China and Russia. We love seeing France up there, and even with Anthony's penis hitting the bar, it's still doesn't matter. France is still seeing some big metal glory. I think Bowen, we have to keep calling it a member a member.
Speaker 1: Now that we've like said member, we can't go back to penis.
Speaker 2: We can never go back to.
Speaker 1: That's from Ragtime. It's a Broadway musical. But that's kind of the thing we discussed on our other podcast, last Culture Is Thus not this one. Two Guys, five Rings. On this one, Two Guys, five Rings. We give medals at the end of every episode.
Speaker 2: Before we give the medals out, and I don't know that these will be metal winning stories. I do want to say and out that Carlos Yulo made history, is the country's first ever male Olympic gold medalist, you Wan for his Florbertine very cool, and then we have to shout out Georgia Villa, the Italian legend who is an ambassador for Parmegiano Reggiano.
Speaker 1: When you have wow, when you are sponsored.
Speaker 2: By one of the most iconic cheeses. Yeah, the world over, and you're an Olympic gymnast, I mean Georgia for your first of all, for your name to be Georgia Villa.
Speaker 1: Georgia Villa, repping the world's cheese on the world stage. Congratulations doing the splits on big old wheels of cheese. There's nothing more to say than congratulations. You are graduation despirational Georgia.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to give out the medals.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have to say, I think the bronze is going to go to Noah Lyles, not just for like persevering so but for keeping cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would not have kept it together. I would have been an anxious Annie.
Speaker 1: I would have been an anxious Annie to say the least.
Speaker 2: But Noah kept us cool. Overcame all of these things that you know, do not define him. We love to see it. Congrats, Noah, congrats, what do you did that?
Speaker 1: What's your silver? My silver is gonna be.
Speaker 2: Because I think we have a clear gold. Because it was such a big story that we went right into at the top of this episode. So my silver is going to be Simone winning her silver for the floor exercise. I mean, there's a lot wrapped up there. It is like it is, it should be gold, but we can't give it to I mean, we could also give the silver to them being happy for Rebecca, but I think like there's I think it's a gold worthy story like that. I will never forget the two of them bowing to Rebecca.
Speaker 1: Okay, so do you want to give the Penis the silver and them the gold?
Speaker 2: No, I think Penis has to get the gold.
Speaker 1: I would have. I mean, let's give him something. Yeah, he's already got a lot.
Speaker 2: Simone and Rebecca they both have golds already, you know what I mean, they have real golds, and the two guys five ring golds is more sort of I don't know, it's more decorative, decorative and sort of ceremonial, and that's you know what we mean.
Speaker 1: You know what women mean.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give silver to the women gymnasts because there's already metals involved we need to give not as a consolation, but as this is a big Olympic story. Is Anthony's member hitting the bar. What a long way we've come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where we can just openly talk about this and I will say if he does want any consolation, my phone number is anyways, I'm not gonna get my phone number out on Two Guys Five Rings, so it'll been blowing up. Follow Two Guys five Rings on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or your favorite podcast platform, and watch and listen to every moment of the twenty twenty four paras Olympic Games now through August eleven on NBC and Peacock, and for the first time ever, on the iHeartRadio Appooo. I don't know why I'm giving it so much like