Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Waken. Jake. Anthony santan Dare is a Blue Jay. I told you months ago there's receipts. I don't care, you don't care. I think the Blue Jays are a fun conversation. They've been popping up here talking baseball wherever, and then I think it's time to go back through the teams and do a quick who can be done and be satisfied. We'll wrap up with a little football as two of the final three games of the season. We'll know who's playing in the Super Bowl after Sunday. That's pretty wild. But we're gonna start with baseball because that's what the people like. And I did think about tier listing this late. Me and BBD both did a head tilt. You got tier lists coming. We're gonna go through the positions this year with our guy Jolly. Maybe some foolish, but I want to start with Santandre because it leads into the exercise of the Blue Jays sign Anthony, so I am taking credit for that one. His free agency from the start just smelled like Toronto. Because when you're signing a free agent and there's some I don't want to say risk, but risk of what how can this go bad? Anthony Santander forty four home runs last year, contract year like it almost him having a contract year. I feel almost scared teams. More like, if Anthony Santander had another thirty three home run season, I feel like he would have been a hot name for eighteen to twenty MILLI year at winter meetings. Instead, he kind of went nuts last year forty four homers, but the on base percentage went down, the batting average went down. So it's an interesting look at Anthony Santander, who has been one of the best power hitters in baseball. I think he's sixth in home run the past three years. As a switch hitting outfielder without a super weak side, he is the perfect piece to put in any lineup. I think switch hitters are underrated still. I think there's gonna be some baseball team that like figures that out. Anyways, he has been nothing but fantastic since twenty twenty two, with part of that Baltimore growth. The problem is he doesn't rack up war He is not good defensively, so you're either hiding him in the corner or you're gonna put him in the DH spot. I think Toronto's planning on hiding him in the corner. I guess they've got options as of now. What is scary? Hey, Tony Tators two thirty five three Toho eight on base that's pretty daunting. But he hit forty four homers. He hasn't eight fourteen ops. So if you're comparing him straight up ops to different players, I mean, you know, how much did he beat Luisa rise in ops last year? Let's see Luis rises ops was seven thirty nine. Obviously extremely different ballplayer. I probably should have had a more balanced example. I could go to Nathaniel Lowe, who I always bring up, who's more of an all around contributor. I think Anthony Santander the fear factor isn't there for me like it may have been for teams, because Anthony Santonder swings, and that's okay. You know. I think he had eight home runs on pitches out of the zone. I think that was the most in baseball, and second most was four or five. Like, Anthony Santander goes up swinging, but he nets results from it, so I don't think he has to be penalized necessarily for that. And he's hit home runs the last three years, one hundred twenty ops plus one twenty one ops plus one thirty four Last year, Toronto has been looking for a lefty.
Speaker 2: Hitter.
Speaker 1: Since this is a fun game. Ooh, okay, this is a fun game live the Toronto Blue Jays. If you recall, they traded for Dalton Varshow a couple of years ago because they needed a lefty impact hitter. Dalton Varshow hasn't been that guy for him, He's been great defensively. Last year's team No. Twenty twenty three, No. Twenty twenty two, No, it was Alrighty ta Oscar George Springer. Lord is Gurriel Matt Chapman. People forget Bobashett Vladimir Guerrero. That team was so righty that they traded serious assets. Remember Gabby Moreno for Varshow twenty twenty one Vlad Simeon's massive year. The set lord is Gurriel Randall Gerchick. The Oscar is George Springer. Alrighty Cavin Bigio was supposed to be one of the lefties for this team. It never really clicked in it. I mean his okay, he had a he had an eight seven ops in the shortened twenty twenty season. So hey, that's good for Cavin Bigio. I don't know how much accounts. Rowdy Tiles was great in the shortened season. Let's exclude the shortened season. Twenty nineteen. Justin Smoke was league average. Hmm, Rowdy te Les was a little under league average. I don't think Eric so Guard went nuts for seventy three games. What is baseball? How does that happen? I don't think I can count that twenty eighteen. These are during some of the Blue Jays dark years. Okay, Justin Smoke has a good twenty five homer, eight h eight ops in there is there anyone else? Hendris Morales?
Speaker 2: My goodness, I think I've got eyes on like a solid hundred games out of Curtis Granderson that year.
Speaker 1: What was this team? Is this real?
Speaker 2: Is this a pr?
Speaker 1: Devin Travis? Wow? Okay, So to go back to a full season of a left handed or switch hitter giving the Blue Jays an eight hundred ops, you gotta go back to twenty eighteen. So Anthony Santander had that last year. So I like that for the Blue Jays because they're banking on Boba Schett bouncing back. They're banking on Vladimir Guerrero's full blown breakout last year continuing to be a full blown breakout. You can put together a nice lineup there if you can get something from George Springer, one of your young guys does something. Alejandro Kirk can be around league average or better. Maybe Jimenez you hope the same. But defensively you're gonna rack up war there and even Dalton varshow so like I kind of like that. You can look at the Blue Jays now and be like, Okay, Var show, Jimenez, Kirk top and framing last year. You three are out there for defense, Vladdie bo Santander, you guys are out there for offense. They need more if we're being real, in the American League and the American League East, they're still there's a much easier argument that the Blue Jays are the worst team than the second best team. So the Blue Jays have to do some more work, and it seems like they're getting in the mix. I think, would they just sign a backup catcher and a reliever?
Speaker 3: Your guy, they got Christian Beth in court, They got your guy, Richard Lovelady.
Speaker 1: Did you take Dick Lovelady in a reliever draft a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Uh, Dick Blier, I think I ended up.
Speaker 1: I mean he's also known as Anyways, the Blue Jays have to do more work if we need to actually talk about them, because the example I used on talking baseball was can the Blue Jays lineup be above average? I think so if everything goes right for the Jays next year, if Lattie's that guy, if stand or Santander boba Chet bounces back, you have three real weapons in the lineup that if you get anything out of Kirk Kamenez, Ernie Clement had a fine year. I think their offense could be above league average. That's good. Their rotation, I think could be above league average. Kevin Gossman, who had a down year, still was three war A three eight, three thirty one starts if Kevin Gossman bounces back a little bit. Okay, Barrios had a fine year. Out In Francis had a late breakout last year. Chris Bassett is solid Yari L. Rodriguez, Do I think they can be elite?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do I think that rotation in the right year could be above average. Yeah, they were fourteenth in era last year, and Gossman I think has a little more. No mention of Alec Manoa. Anyways, their bullpen was horrendous last year. That's the easiest thing to change. They were twenty ninth in era. Jeff Hoffman they signed to a free agent contract. Who knows if he's starting or if he's back there. Chad Green, Jimmy Garcia, Eric Swanson, Nick Sandlin. They just signed Dick clove Lady. Like we talked about, bullpens are volatile. Do I think the Blue Jays could have an above average bullpen? I do? Do I think all three of those things are going to happen? I don't. I think one or two. But in the Al East, you know this is a fight or flight year for the Orioles, the Yankees. You know, Yankee fans will tell you the team might be better. Don't know if I buy that yet. The Red Sox are greatly improved. They look really strong, and the Rays are gonna raise that. There's almost My favorite Rays game to play is like for them to have seventy two wins. I don't even know how that happens anymore. They just throw different arms and they play defense. That to have a horrible season doesn't happen. The Blue Jays finished last in the AL East last year. They didn't lose much. They lost Jordan Romano a couple other relievers, so again that could be a good thing. And they've added Anthony Santandre. So it really spins into the question of are the Blue Jays done? They've been in on every free agent. What else are they gonna do? Which spun me into who's done? So we'll play a quick game of could they happily be done? Brought to you by the DraftKings Sports Book. Football fans, it's playoff time. We've got some exciting games to look forward to, and you can get in on the playoff action with the DraftKings sports Book right now. All new customers two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly after betting just five dollars. When you use code Bakers, let's go Bakers. I remember, stay in on the act't use your two hundred dollars sports bet on Draftings same game parlay for a shot at an even bigger payout, or they've got the live betting man upcoming drives anything. Really, they update the numbers for your dynamic odds go check it all out at DraftKings and if sports betting isn't available yet in your state, be patient. It probably will be. And they still have their daily fantasy games that you can play for cash prizes. So why don't you download the DraftKings sports with gap now use promo code bakers. Bet just five dollars on any wager and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. The crown is yours, thanks DraftKings. All right, let's do Jaki's alphabetical burn through the Ale in the NL. My favorite game that I don't know if you people like or hate, I guess comment below because sometimes I get sucked into this. And again, I could have full tiered this, but there's so many teams that kind of don't matter, and you got tierless coming, I promise you. The Athletics are listed first now because they don't have a home reminder. They could be done. They still have to add money, right, I assume at least one more money adding move. But for all intents and purposes, I guess the game is could A's fans be satisfied with their team's offseason? It's a loaded question. Let's just say the A's could be done. Maybe that's the game. Could the A's be done? Yes, Baltimore, Could Baltimore be done? This is an interesting one for me. I think me and BBD landed on the same answer. I believe they could. They added starting pitching depth with Morton and Sugano. They added Andrew Kittridge in their bullpen, which also added Felix Bautista after missing all of last year. And dude, I forget they got both Philly guys between Sir Anthony Dominga's Gregory Soto. I haven't mentioned Yeni Cano yet. Keegan Aiken had a breakout year. That's a lot of guys in the bullpen.
Speaker 3: And they have top back to the starters like Albert Suarez currently listed in that bullpen.
Speaker 2: They have whichever Rogers.
Speaker 3: Is the one they have that's listed in the miners at this moment they have. They have Bradish and Wells and Wells coming back at some.
Speaker 2: Point during this season. They they very well could be done with their winter editions.
Speaker 1: It could be done. We expected something last year. They had a Tyler O'Neal to the outfield to essentially replace Antandere. They still have more young guys on the way Kobe Mayo, Samuel Bissalo the number one prospect in baseball. I don't you know. You never know if an agent is doing stuff. Me and him are follow for follow on Instagram and I think he likes stuff, so again, that could be his agent. I guess, but I don't know. Shout out to my guy, big fan. The Orioles could be done and that could be okay for them. The Boston Red Sox are they done? I think it's an interesting case of things and stuff. I don't think they are, or I don't think they can be. I mean, they've obviously been the lead for Bregman for the past couple months. Their rotation can be done Crochet how Bayo, Crawford, Bueler, no mention of Giolito, who should be working his way back sand of all end of the year. They can be done in the rotation, They can be done in the bullpen. It's funny. Their lineup is good, but if they come into the lineup without another bat, I do think Red Sox fans would be disappointed. Like you've made it this far, so I guess if the column is could be done with your offseason or could not be done I think the Red Sox could not, should not be done, couldn't, shouldn't, wouldn't. What's with those.
Speaker 2: Words should, shouldn't but.
Speaker 1: Could shouldn't be done? Chicago White Sox are so irrelevant it actually made me mad today. Made me mad today with all the conversation about if the Dodgers are like illegal or bad for baseball. As long as the White Sox are rolling this out there, I don't think the other side can have an argument. The Chicago White Sox should have a two hundred and fifty million dollars payroll. You know what. Let me let me read you there a lot. Just in case you missed the White Sox offseason talkman leading off in right field, Luis Robert in centerfield, Andrew ben and Tendi and left, Andrew Vaughan at first, Josh Rojas at third, Lennon Sosa at second, Miguel Vargas listed as the DH Brooks bald when at shortstop. Not familiar with your game, my friend Corey Leott catcher, Matt Tye, Nick Mayton, Zach Deloch and all and Slater listed as their bench. Your White Sox, Ace Martin Perez, Jonathan Cannon, Davis Martin, Sean Burke, and Bryce Wilson. I'm not gonna do the bullpen. So yeah, if you're someone that's been mad about the Dodgers the past couple of days, there are some arguments, Hey, go be mad at the White Sox. Why aren't they signing a bunch of guys? Why aren't they rumored for anyone? Be better? Could Cleveland be done? Absolutely? They just signed Paul Seawall today.
Speaker 2: They always can be done.
Speaker 1: The point of this exercise is could they be done and be? Okay? Yes, for what they're doing.
Speaker 3: We're saying it's can they be done? I guess, but we're actually fine. He's like, who has to do something?
Speaker 2: Yes? And they do not have to do anything ever there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm trying. Am I phrasing it for the fan base? I think so? For the fan base to be satisfied because the next one's interesting and I'd love if there's any listeners to reach out the Detroit Tigers if they're done, is their fan base okay with that? My assumption is yes, I know they're interested in like Bragman and that's been a thing. But if they just went through this offseason, they added labor for a year. It's a bunch of young guys on the field, scooble Olsen. They signed Alex Cobb, which has been my joke throwing signing. But that's that's something Casey meies Jackson job. You know, their bullpen was strong last year. I think they could be done, and I think everyone would be like that was a fine offseason for them. They didn't hurt themselves, they didn't super help themselves. I think they'd be okay with being done. Houston, I'll tell you what, man, And this is bizarre. They signed Christian Walker. Great, they did the Kyle Tucker trade.
Speaker 2: Technically in that trade they got their Bregman replacement, right Esach, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know it. How about this. If I was an Astros fan and we came into camp next year with our outfield as Chas McCormick, Taylor Tremmell and Jake Myers, I would not be satisfied.
Speaker 2: Seems like an outfield move still has to happen in some form.
Speaker 1: It's just weird because they could not. But no, I would put them in the other bucket. If I'm putting the Red Sox in the something more has to be done. I think Houston should be in the something more has to be done bucket because that just feels incomplete.
Speaker 2: They have the more like obvious hole to fill.
Speaker 1: Is your team with your team's X. Maybe this is the exercise, is your team with your team's expectation done? Because I think Houston's fans expectation is that they are not done. Although I've heard them talking about the salary cap. I just it's hard for me to think that this is their outfield.
Speaker 3: I know the way they like do things with a lot of their free agent pursuits is shorter term deals and all that. As has been discussed with why they're even moving Kyle Tucker and he's not a free agent yet and losing for nothing all that, But you would think they can find some one or two year outfielder to add to this mix, Like I get it, and for what Santera santan Terra ended up getting, Like sure, they probably weren't going to be in in that game, even though on field he's a fit there they can. I would think they can find somebody to be a one or two year for now.
Speaker 1: Let's put them in the other bucket. They have World Series expectations and they currently have an outfield that two of them were negative war players last year that don't have incredible baseball cards. So I'm gonna say Boston and Houston still have expectations of work to be done. Kansas City Royals, they could be done, right, they could be done. Jonathan India, Michael Lorenzen, they could be done. And I think Royals fans would have their expectations. Angels, Let's be honest, we don't care. Sorry, Minnesota kind of entered that same boat pretty quickly. That's that's tough. I'm just gonna skip that. Sorry, Twins fans, they're.
Speaker 3: Kind of not done in the other way where we kind of expect them to do a subtracting movie.
Speaker 1: Get uglier, trade an outfielder to Houston. I guess. I guess this is the interesting point of this exercise. I think Yankee fans, if this is it, we're not smitten, but we'd be like, Okay, this kind of hit our expectations. You lost Soto, Wow, you got Max Freed, you got Cody Bellinger, you got Goldie like Devin Williams. Yes, if this is the Yankees offseason, they've done enough for the fan base to be satisfied, and yeah, I guess that's the point. I don't think Boston's there, and I don't think Houston's there. They trade away Kyle Tucker. He's really good Seattle, My god, how do you answer this? The fan base is expectations I think, unfortunately have been broken so much that this is what they expect. Donovan Solano is listed as their third baseman every day.
Speaker 2: Happy what this is.
Speaker 1: Let's put them in a side bucket. If this was a tearless there would be a box that was labeled Mariners, because that's fal Rays are luckily a quick skip. Their fan base expects nothing.
Speaker 2: They're always they're always done, and they're always not done.
Speaker 1: Texas Rangers, I think they could roll the ball out there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they'd feel a little thin in their bullpen, but I guess for this exercise, all things considered, they have a lineup they really like. They have a rotation that's enough to like. I think Texas they could be done and that would be fine. Your final American League team is the Toronto Blue Jays, where they started this conversation. If you're a Toronto Blue Jay fan, I think you'd need one more move, and it would have to be impactful. It would have to be Dylan Cy's from the Padres, it would have to be Pete Alonso in free agency, which I like them for. If you're trying to keep Laddie, Pete and Santander Man, you could have just added seventy homers like kind of easily. So we've talked about the Toronto tacks a little bit. If Pete is willing to sign on that line, especially if he's in one of those like Cody Bellinger Matt Chapman three year with opt out deals, if you can pump those numbers up a little bit. I mean, if Pete goes nuts for you next year and hits fifty and opts out, that could almost be a win. So I don't think so Boston, Houston, Toronto and a weird side car bucket with Seattle. I just don't know what you do with that at all. But I think there's three teams in the American League that you can expect more moves to happen, impact moves, otherwise they would have a disappointing offseason. In the National League, Arizona is really tricky because we were told that Jordan Montgomery trade would happen from their owner. Essentially, if they were done, I think they'd be fine. They have room for a DH, that's the whole thing. But if they rolled into the spring training with this team, I mean the conversations we would have about their pitching staff, Burns, Gallon, Kelly e, Rod Fott, and Monty. They've got some bullpen depth. Their lineup was like the best lineup in baseball last year and they they lost, but they retooled. I think Snakes would be okay.
Speaker 3: They definitely could be done, like the all the Snakes says. I talked to Dalton, like they there's holding out some hope of like does Monty leaving and open up some payroll and make room for the for Pete getting that weird deal with them, Like they're they're holding out hope for more, but I don't think they're at all expecting more, which is what we're talking about here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think the point of this is if the Diamondbacks rolled into spring training with this team. Sure there's a tweak. I think Monty for a good DH first baseman, dinonback fans are very open to if it doesn't happen, I think Arizona's like we got Corbyn Burns, we traded for Josh Naylor, like we had an offseason that it kind of blew out their expectations. So I think Arizona for this exercise, I would half consider out the Atlanta Braves very interesting. The current current outfield platoon of Brian Day, La Cruz and Jared Kelnick doesn't have Brave fans through the roof. It's interesting. I believe in the Braves still. Remember they were supposed to be the shortstop team Willia Domis, Hassan Kim. Their rotation is currently Saale Rinaldo Lopez, Spencer Schwellenbach, Grant Holmes, and Ion Anderson Spencer Schreider. At some time, maybe next year, Iranie's gonna be back. They're interesting. I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: I think with their history of like being aggressive mid season traders with a D, I think they could be done. That's the caveat of they'll do stuff.
Speaker 1: Doesn't pass the sniff test. Man. They lost Max Free, they lost Charlie Morton. Don't know is what it is. All the position players look scary, but that's just because they were adding guys.
Speaker 2: A lot of mid season ads in that department.
Speaker 1: Braves fans, let me know. I think I might leave them in the middle area for now.
Speaker 2: Feels like they could use one more bad and I'm sure I would guess their fans are asking for another arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I mean, what what are they truly banking on? Is Ion Anderson bounced back Grant Holmes, I, I don't know. They lost some reliable pieces that I would if I had to pick, I would lean they still have to do something like the Phillies are here, the Mets are here. I don't It's just been a lot of loss for them. They still obviously have an amazing core. But yeah, I'm I'm gonna if I I guess this is where it was. If you're a Braves fan and this was your off season, I would not be satisfied. Definitely, not definitely not so okay with that hat on, I will put the Braves in that bucket. Chicago Cubs an interesting case. I think all in they would be happy or satisfied. Excuse me. They got Kyle Tucker. That was the impact move they've been waiting for for a while. Matthew Boyd for some rotation depth. Sure, if this is the team they were in the spring training with. Then you're a Cubs fan, you can talk yourself into the offseason. Kyle Tucker, we've played this game before, is probably their best player since Chris Bryant. Hobby Baya is one of his seasons. Rizzo, Yeah, I think Cubs fans would be Okay, they did just trade Michael Arius to the Yankees. Well watch out since he guys know I love my Reds. Could they be I mean they Brady Singer. The lineup's a little funky. I've talked about them, probably too much. I think if you're a Reds fan, you'd be like, Okay, our pitching looks solid, the hitting feels weird, but let's see what these young guys can do. Gavin Lux people forget Yeah. I think if you're a Reds fan, you're not like through the moon, but you're like, yeah, we had an off season.
Speaker 2: They are not sitting here saying we needed more.
Speaker 1: If we don't do another move, this offseason was a failure. They're not saying that where I think the Braves fans could kind of say that.
Speaker 3: Braves fans like expected them to do something they kind of have not.
Speaker 1: The next two teams can happen oddly quick. The Colorado Rockies who have just agreed to minor league deals with Keston Hira and Nick Martini.
Speaker 3: They took care of their Tyrostrada business early. Yeah, Kyle Farmer too, and Trev's kind of guys.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's some young ballplayers. I just wish the whole tone was different. Anyways. The other end of the spectrum is the Dodgers that they could be done. They could have been done a while ago, and their fan base would have been happy. Marlin's unfortunately irrelevant, kind of rude. What goes on with that whole franchise. And again, if you're one of the people that's been mad at the Dodgers for the past twenty four hours, days, months, years. For Padres fans, the Miami Marlins should be a cash cow. That's that's ownership. That's ownership. Go look at go look at what they are currently putting on the field. They don't have to do that. I think if Miami put a team together, I think people would go.
Speaker 2: They made the playoffs two years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty four.
Speaker 3: And a weird, weird year, weird format. But like the steps back, they've taken from that point.
Speaker 1: Not reading you their lineup. The Milwaukee Burs unfortunately in a similar boat, but for good reasons. Everyone kind of believes in what their front office does. If they are done, Bruers fans are like, Yeah, let's roll it out there, let's win the central again. Mets fans, I think they go in the bucket. Yes you got Won Soto, Yes you just signed aj Minter, you have starting pitching options right now. The bottom of their lineup is listed McNeil Sirian Batty. If I told you that four of their six current starters where their fifth starter next year, you'd be excited. If I told you that those four same starters were there three starter next year, I don't think you'd be excited. So again, I think the Mets are gonna tap into the Brewers pitching factory that they built, and I think that there's gonna be solutions there that lineup. Like they lost Pete. I know it wasn't a massive year for them for Pete, but they still lost Pete that I don't know. It feels like they have another move in them, and I don't know if that's Pete or Bragman. Both fit, but like if you're doing the Sodo part of this, you have to do a couple other parts of this in my opinion, but the Mets offseason is also just a massive win. They signed Wan Soda, kat Ma and Iah Okay. Put them in the Mariner's bucket.
Speaker 2: They're kind of the Mariners bad.
Speaker 1: They hate that tier list and would both franchises be very confused while they're lumped together. The Philadelphia Phillies could be good. They've they've got their core. Max Kepler could be a sneaky When there's a sneaky signings of the offseason list, watch out for that. Uh Jesus Jesus Lozardo as there as they're five. I guess that's what I'm saying where the Mets. If the Phillies are currently the team you're keeping up with, If you're the Mets and the Braves, you can't be ecstatic? Is that a weird word to say? Why do I struggle with that?
Speaker 2: A static ecstatic?
Speaker 1: Ecstatic Phillies fans are fine. Put Pittsburgh in Seattle on the same boat and row it out to see crazy San Diego. Limiting circumstances outside of baseball that I don't know could the San Francisco Giants fans be happy enough, I think so. I know they want more, but justin Verlander culture shift, Willia domis you extended, Matt Chapman, Jung Hooley should be back. I think as a Giants fan, you always want more, but they check the boxes for you. Saint Louis Cardinals fans, they're kind of handcuffed that I guess they don't expect anything. So again, that's the whole part of this exercise that I think they'd unfortunately be okay, do they have enough pitching? Kind of?
Speaker 2: I think they're nervous. I think their fans would probably be nervous if they were to do something. How about this is going to direction They don't want to.
Speaker 1: Go, that's fine, but they still have to do it. Like for how much they've heard about Aaron Otto and Hellsley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the Aeronauta thing, and dude, how long are they gonna hear Brendan Donovan and Nolan Gorman.
Speaker 1: Like Trader like in theory whatever this list would look like. Maybe the Cardinals and the Mariners and Pirates deserve each other do something.
Speaker 2: Kind of need to do something.
Speaker 1: Do something. The Mets in Red Sox would be together as like good off season, finish it, Yeah, that would be okay, and then these guys are do something. Cardinals talking about you know, Donovan Burlson in there said somebody else like you're guys that like it sounded like a early guy sound. It sounded like their arbitration process is going not the most smooth, which seem like they're heading towards extensions with those guys or just that would have counted as doing something right like lock those up and there's time for that, But usually the precursor for that is like, well the yard process went well a lot of times, that's a sign of the extensions coming. And oh they're not doing that.
Speaker 2: They're not seeming like they're gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, them, them, and so they kind of need to do something. Them Pittsburgh and the Mariners are literally just like.
Speaker 2: Figure out what you do.
Speaker 1: It's like a mystery box that you're shaking, like what's in here? What's the fine?
Speaker 2: What is you guys should be doing something.
Speaker 1: The final team a team that leaves me oddly smitten from time to time. The Washington Nationals. I like Nathaniel Lowe, Josh Bell a little low, low risk, low reward for me, would have liked some of the little juice here there Soroca Trevor Williams. Okay, okay, again, their expectation this year still hasn't happened, so they could be done. Do my hands look massive right now?
Speaker 2: A big hand thing?
Speaker 1: Though? Should I start holding my hands like this? Just do that? Looks like they're the size of my whole body. Maybe it's just a little body thing. Now I'll go little hands. That's not comment which kind of hands you like? Such on YouTube subscribe at the end of that exercise. In the American League, Boston, Houston, Seattle's in the shakem Bucket, Toronto. Th I think those are the three. If we're doing stuff, which we are clearly doing, we have to do even one more thing, just one more thing, and that loop feels closed. In the National League, Atlanta, but they kind of don't. They've proven though they can address their needs during the season if they need to. But Atlanta is the one I feel the least confident in, and I just kind of had a presidential thumb come out. The Mets are very much Boston Houston, and they kind of shouldn't be listed with Toronto, but in this exercise they kind of are. And then yeah, and then there's just the junk pile of Pittsburgh, Saint Louis and Seattle.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Lanta in a weird spot with like who has to do something kind of Dodgers have also just kind of sent everyone running.
Speaker 1: Is Pete Alonso gonna sign with one of the teams in the need to do something bucket? Probably right or in the weird bucket that's Blue Jays. I mean, people are making up Mariners rumors because they should do that. There's no actual Mariners rumors, And anytime you talk to a baseball person, they're like, what about Pete and the Mariners? Yeah, they just have to do it, So okay, okay, the full bucket. Then I'll even bring in the odd ducts. If you gave me DraftKings lines on will pe Alonzo signed with one of those teams? I would say yes. Alex Bragman also yes, Jerkson Profar. There's just a San Diego outlier effect that I don't know what to do with. But if Jerkson Profar ends up on Toronto, I won't be shocked.
Speaker 2: Toronto Houston.
Speaker 1: Houston would be a fit like those are the two teams I like the most for him that aren't San Diego. Boston was supposedly ruined for him, and so was Atlanta. So if I was betting money, I know I'd be willing to lose that one. But yes, Hassan Kim, maybe that that whole thing's gotten a little weird, hasn't it. Jack Flaherty, I don't know, Jackson an interesting spot. Yeah, go to the Braves, Yeah they might. There was some rumors about that.
Speaker 3: I remember if there was some flurry around around a month ago.
Speaker 1: I feel like Favetta, I don't know, we're starting to get into a different area of free agents that with Pete and Bregman, and I guess, Profar, I guess if those teams don't fall in that bucket, there's gonna be some different hmm, not different. I don't know, teams feeling in a weird spot. Bregman and Pete are Mets Toronto and Boston. Pete not Boston.
Speaker 2: Almost certainly not. Yeah, I feel like there's just a one percent psycho factor of.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, pirates get Pete.
Speaker 2: It seems.
Speaker 1: Not a rumor, not a single goddamn rumor.
Speaker 2: Give him an actual deal.
Speaker 1: Hey, I hope you guys kind of like that exercise because I do. And we're in the final steps. Is as relievers are starting to sign, there's like three impact hitters three and a half Hassan Kim, what's happened.
Speaker 2: That we are?
Speaker 1: We're kind of towards the end line. So let's see how that plays out and the rest of these days. Who gets it figured out before spring training? Who's gonna have the weird answering questions at spring training? I hope it's not my guy, Pete Pete to meat. Until then, there are three more football games, and two of them are this weekend. Let's talk about them semi high and tight. If you made it this far, thank you so much. Please subscribe. Appreciate it. You guys are the best. This Sunday, January twenty sixth, the Washington Commanders, as everyone had are playing the Philadelphia Phillies in the ihladelph Philadelphia opens as six and a half point favorites. Buffalo is going to Kansas City. Kansas City is a two point favorite in arrowhead. The first game we talked about. Saw these teams play recently, and the Washingtonton Commanders came back in the fourth quarter with twenty two points to win the game. There was some jade and Daniels magic five touchdowns. On the other side of it, the Eagles had three turnovers, but so did the Commanders. Or no, the Commanders had five turnovers and the Eagles still didn't win that game. So I think both teams are looking at this like, Hey, the Eagles are saying, we didn't play our best game. Let's go get this. Canny Pickett had twenty four passes in this game, so that is something significantly different on their side. The Commanders, they're saying, let's not lose three fumbles and have two interceptions and we won that game. It's going to be fun. It's a pure test of the rise of Jaden Daniels and how special you think he is. And the Commanders have some things breaking out. They've had defensive pieces come back in their secondary. It seems like there's always a different guy in their front seven making play dan Quinn, depending which glasses you have on on a given day. We went through it a little bit. It's a pretty nice coaching history, except one game that somehow he gets blamed for more than the offensive coordinator who gets called a genius a lot. Anyways, buckle up. I I've been on the Eagles for a while now. You guys listening to the football portion of Wake and Jake know that. I just think they could hand it off to saquon every play and they'd win the game. I legitimately think that, and I don't think it's crazy, and I think that's the wild part. I think it opens up big plays for Jalen Hurts. I think twenty is the amount of passes they want in a game, and they've been living in that area. You saw Hurts run for a forty yarder the other day. That. I just think when the Eagles want and they lock in and they focus, they can get every first down, they can score on every possession, and they just sometimes have these moments of laps not a great word, and everyone kind of looks at Sirianni and may that's a part of it, but also maybe it's part of this. We're gonna jam it down your throat and beat you with physicality. That has fueled him to be one of the winningest coaches in NFL history. And man, Saquan is that guy, and that offensive line are those guys and Jalen Hurts as a running quarterback. Is that guy I'm not gonna pick against the Eagles. I think I think them having knowing in their head that this Commander's team can literally steal a game from them like they did last time. I don't want to say, you know you're gonna get ultimate focus in a championship game anyways, but them having that to look back at knowing Jalen wasn't there. I'm on the Eagles and there's a reason that they're almost a touchdown favorite. I think America will be rooting Jaden just because rookie quarterback actually carrying the team. There are some fun stats that the the other rookie quarterbacks to make it this far. I think their teams were both top five and special teams and defense. The Commanders are not. So what Jaden has been doing is very special. It'll be fun to watch because with that target, with the Eagles d line, with the way they can run the ball, if Jayden and the Commanders and Cliff Kingsbury, if they can control it and get first downs and wait for them to make the mistake, very exciting. I'm still Iggles and the team that has been lurking there all year that nobody's known truly what to do with. Is the Kansas City Chiefs hosting the Buffalo Bills, and this is beautiful, man, the Bills who have been waiting for their shot at the Chiefs. This is the Bills at the peak of their powers that we've seen. Josh Allen is head to head with Lamar, who they just beat for the MVP Trophy. He has been on god mode all year competing with Lamar to be the and Joe Burrow, which everyone got in on late of playing the best quarterback in the NFL this year. Mahomes wasn't in that conversation. Statistically, they are heading to Kansas City and the Chiefs who keep winning these close games and it feels like every game is the same game and it's deja vu. And are the refs on their side? There's some statistics that say the refs aren't on their side. But last game had a couple tough moments. Mahomes trying to draw the flop that was really tough to see. It's like, come on, Pat, you can't be doing that. I'm okay, We're kind of okay with the refs half protecting you, you can't lean into it. If there's a year to do it. For the Buffalo Bills, it's this year. If I didn't know, if you erased my memory and didn't tell me the Chiefs won the last two Super Bowls, I'd be picking the Bills. I think the way they've played this year, how beautiful their offense has been. Josh Allen can throw on the Superman Cape whenever they need otherwise, He's got options to go to. Cook's been really good. Their other running backs have been good. Kincaid knocks a Marii Cooper. They Mary Cooper hasn't even been a part of it. Khalil Shakir Really, they just have a ton of different options that Alan can get it to whoever he needs to win to. For me, it's a game of can the Bills. Can the Chiefs keep up scoring with the Bills? Like the Bills are a high powered offense, I'll go down with the ship though. I love Andy Reid, I love Patrick Mahomes, I love Travis Kelce, I love Chris Jones. Spagnolo is going into the Hall of Fame as a defensive coordinator. Andy Reid's going in as a head coach. Pat's going in as a QB, Travis Kelsey going in as a tight end. They've gotten some reinforcements in their secondary Chris Jones and how devastating he is on the D line. And I just think going back to the Bills Ravens game last week, if that game was played in Baltimore, the Bills do not win. The Ravens would have won that game. If that game was in Baltimore. Arrowhead's a nasty place to play. It's some of the worst weather like in the world, A little dramatic, sure, in the livable world. Arrowhead this time of year is a brutal game and a lot of those guys have played in that. That being said, the team in Buffalo has also dealt with elements. But how loud that place is going to be. And something that's stuck with me just a little bit was Tony Romo calling the Bills game, and he kept pointing out moments where the Bills audibled to different plays that they could do at home that they wouldn't be able to do on the road because of how loud and rowdy it is. Kansas City's got a huge home field advantage with the best quarterback to ever play, and a guy a head coach that's going to enter the realm of one of the best head coaches to ever coach. I've been walking around the office all week saying, I don't know who I want because I wanted to get convinced to the Buffalo Bills. I'm worried for them that they're playing the same guys. I won't go against them. I will go with the Kansas City Chiefs Eagles, which I've I'm not gonna take credit for the Chiefs because I flip flopped in the AFC a chunk this year. You guys know, I like the Ravens a little bit. But the whole time, the Chiefs have been lurking, and they've lurked themselves to the spot where they lost one game where they were trying. It was to the Buffalo Bills though, so that obviously has such appeal to it. Alan Mahomes doing it again and we'll see whatever Super Bowl matchup is going to be great and the storylines are going to be the Just a reminder, Chiefs are going for a three peat and no NFL team's ever done that, So maybe that should be in the back of our heads just a little more. That's insane. And it's been a quiet Chief season kind of.
Speaker 2: Last year, like sneaky little too, a little bit outside of Kelsey Taylor Swift stuff. Last year's year. They're supposed to not not do it, and they did it.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl proposal, people are talking. Enjoy the football this weekend. We'll always see what baseball has to offer us, and we'll see it's almost that time. I feel like I watched a little NBA last night. College basketball is in a really weird spot. Not ready to talk about that. Hey, we appreciate you guys. Make sure you subscribed. Like comment and BBD's Uncle Dan we can Jak's
Speaker 2: Production of Dan Patrick Production, Shamboy Media and Workhouse Media