Speaker 1: What do you say to these people questioning your sexuality online?
Speaker 2: Calling somebody gay is not an insult. People try to people try to use it as an insult, but it's what it's. It's it's people's sexuality and whatever somebody's sexuality is, it is not an insult. So don't try to throw it out a black man to down him because you feel like that's gonna. It's not gonna that's not gonna bring me down. What bring me down is the fact that you're trying to use it as an insult while I got my son in my hand and knowing that one of these days he's gonna have to get on the internet and see this, and I don't want, I don't need nothing being misled like, oh Dad, is this wrong?
Speaker 3: Like is it? Noah, it's not wrong.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, like you got some people who like man you got some people who like man Son, and that's how it is. But we ain't finna do that with my son in my hand, like we ain't finna be cause one of these days, though, he's gonna have to get on this internet to see this. So but what was wrong with the Cowboy Outfit had a knitted vest on and a knitted and on the knitted vest you kind of could see through it a little bit. But at the end of the day you go back to these pictures. I don't seen, I don't seen everybody hupac and and like brawlers not brothers, but like the Witch McCall is like leather jeans and like yo, it's fashion. And what people don't know is like why y'are on the internet plan a lot of these people that's on top of the game.
Speaker 4: It's gay.
Speaker 5: World with me here, you know, BT's solow shout out O c T no real color what we see whole game reader be something. But you can't stand on their own SUSI I already know you can't with me because up with the squad on me, they get a little they called me.
Speaker 6: Helove.
Speaker 4: Baller Alert Baller Alert Welcome to the show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. Please continue to like, subscribe, and share YouTube page at ball Alert TV. I go by the name of Ferrari, your best solo.
Speaker 3: You know, BT, but ce T with that oh oh oh, til C is in the building.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, what's up sir? The pleasures man Man What's what's up?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Are you familiar with ball alert Sir?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What I say?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Cool son?
Speaker 4: So you got to host the show with us? Okay, and we go get your benes.
Speaker 8: We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show?
Speaker 2: Yo? What up?
Speaker 3: Whatever is your boy?
Speaker 2: Tuci the big step of the well known flexa and you're now tuned into the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 9: Tyler Perry has reportedly yet to finalize a deal to purchase b E T despite rumors.
Speaker 4: Did you guys hear about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think Tyler Perry already got it. I think he just ain't told us it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think the PaperWorks finalized.
Speaker 3: Last time I had heard, uh d T wasn't Black home.
Speaker 10: No more, no call they bringing.
Speaker 3: It back home.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely here for the black ownership. However, I'm not here for all the Tyler Perry shows.
Speaker 10: How do you think do you think he gonna do that?
Speaker 6: I know he's gonna do that. I just I'm all over BT plus. Do you have the app?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 6: Actually, you see all the Tyler Perry shows on the app.
Speaker 3: But I like all the bat they have bet Her.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you got all the channels like I do they have bet Her, they have all these BT channels, and yes where BT will be headquartered that guys in the at Georgia.
Speaker 3: You got the eight Okay.
Speaker 11: I definitely love the idea of Tyler Perry owning B E T. I love the black ownership. Like y'all said, I like you, octave you. I don't want to see a full lineup of Tyler Parry shows. I want diversity, Like I wanted to be like, give us some some young fresh bring back one on Sion Park. Like I was just about to say that I don't want to see all.
Speaker 3: The bad thing it's gonna be only Tyler Perry shows.
Speaker 1: I say that because it'll be Tyler Perry influenced. It'll be Tyler Perry directed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: The direction is going to be his.
Speaker 1: Vision, you know, for the network, and I just don't know, like when he takes over, you can kind.
Speaker 4: Of tell we have better fights because remember the remember the Tyler Perry movie fights with the little fake slaps in the baby fake fights.
Speaker 3: But you want to see better acting and fighting?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Have you?
Speaker 4: If you guys watched any of the Tyler Perry shows, they fight really bad. Like if I go like this.
Speaker 12: Like one of them type of fights, it be kind of they need better stunt double.
Speaker 11: What I think is gonna do is collaborate, Like I would love to see a collaboration with Ray to bring on some of her ideas on there.
Speaker 10: But like give us, I would love to see the ball Alert show on BT.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good start.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 4: I think, I think that would be good for us. Now are you a sports guy?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, it is time for the player's ball.
Speaker 5: Fouler.
Speaker 4: Oh man, oh man, I know. We got prayers up for the first and foremost prayers up for the Denver police. They're investigating multiple shootings that sent eleven people to the hospital after thousands flocked downtown to celebrate the Denver Nuggets being in Mia, Miami.
Speaker 3: He you called it though I knew it.
Speaker 10: I told you that y'all wasn't gonna win.
Speaker 4: I told myself that too.
Speaker 10: But just remember I told.
Speaker 2: You I wanted.
Speaker 3: I wanted it for Jimmy though I want to yeah, I wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he worked his as That's what guys, that's what toucy Damian Lillard. You heard it first here. Damian Lillard will be a Miami Heat player next season.
Speaker 3: I doubt it, but he said, he said that would be his first option though, Miami Heat or the New York You just want to go down there for the weather. He not going there though, Man, you don't think so.
Speaker 10: I mean, who wants to be Portland?
Speaker 2: Don't it rain out there?
Speaker 3: What ten years? Ten years you talk about over there? Yeah, I know a little bit. At been in Portland ten years.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: I'm mad at I'm mad at Denver though, because at the end of the day, Lebron James should have won a ring Lebrons.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving nothing to nobody.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't care who you is. You gotta you gotta earn this.
Speaker 2: If the script was wrote for him to win, I promise you I'm switching the script. They're gonna have to keep.
Speaker 10: You know what I think that was, Like, I think that was like nobody cared about Denver winning.
Speaker 12: Like nobody nobody texting like, oh my god, the Nuggets won.
Speaker 3: It's like cool.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think what I think well would have been a better game was Lakers and Heat and.
Speaker 6: Nobody.
Speaker 10: I didn't really because it's so boring. It's like Denver won a champion Denver Heat.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of make you feel like it's two teams that's not supposed to be there. But I mean, in reality, when you watch basketball, you I understand, like, these are two teams that played well the whole season. People try to make it seem as if these teams just randomly got to the finals, and these teams played well the whole season.
Speaker 11: Over there, What team was Zion played for?
Speaker 4: Zion Willimson about you want to talk about y'all want to talk about?
Speaker 11: What team does he play for?
Speaker 4: Pelicans went viral for having a deactivated stripper pregnant, and it was a star he was paying a porn star, but he got an ex stripper pregnant. She got she flipped out because she saw that he did a photo shoot with the stripper who he's not in a relationship with. So he accepted the fact that, Okay, I got you pregnant, let's take some pictures with me. I'm gonna take care the baby. But the porn star Mariah, who has like almost a billion views on porn hub I'm not a person.
Speaker 3: Didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I do you know that.
Speaker 4: Who was one of the main people on porn hub.
Speaker 6: Not the main?
Speaker 11: How she becomes the main I'm trying to know that.
Speaker 6: The same thing for her.
Speaker 2: I had to.
Speaker 3: I did a deep dive. Okay, okay, guys, like, so listen, what did you find out in this deep dive?
Speaker 4: Find out that she's one of the main people on poor Hub. She has almost a billion views and she has her own like little channel. Did I go on the channel?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I thought she was gonna say, yes, Why you didn't. I'm having to be married. Man, I'm cool. I mean you have to, you said, man, Do that mean like you're not supposed to like me and.
Speaker 4: To have a really good sex life?
Speaker 2: So it's cool, Okay, all right, believe.
Speaker 4: I'm satisfied alone. Man over there, he's like twenty three or so much.
Speaker 10: This is not twenty three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he.
Speaker 10: Was like twenty one.
Speaker 11: No, he's young, twenty two. So who was he paying one hundred and seven thousand dollars to a month the porn for the extra?
Speaker 4: The poor extra exposed him? Yet, guys that that's just a picture that circulated their with the big butt.
Speaker 2: That's her name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, Mariah is the one exposing exposed because she's upset that she felt that she that he didn't tell her about Wow, he got her pregnant. You could have got me fucked up. And she's a porn star. These artists got to stay away from these girls. Man, artists, I'm talking about artist Eteiner's got to stay away from Like, I'm just that's too much.
Speaker 2: He prob.
Speaker 3: They got to go get NDA's.
Speaker 11: I mean, maybe he didn't get no just green.
Speaker 4: He's sending ten thousand.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you understand. He a young He a young boy from the.
Speaker 11: Country who's making thirty million dollars a year.
Speaker 10: Right, No, he ain't making that much much making. He's making a lot of money.
Speaker 11: Okay, and he probably didn't get no country before this, so he's just trying to catch up, like he's you know, y'all out.
Speaker 3: Here, y'all in this business.
Speaker 2: Get in d a's. I'm telling you, get an n d A as some people might play with you, but not as many guns play with you as you think when you when you get him to sign that NDA.
Speaker 11: Okay, so how do you present an NDA at what time? Like right before you'd be like, oh, hold on, I know it's hid and heavy, but if I was, I stick it in you.
Speaker 2: If I was, you have security and basically like, all right, nine times out of ten, y'all gun link. When y'all linked, before you even come up these stairs, my security gonna go down there hand you this phone, like, hey, this is a non disclosure agreement sign is or you can't go up stairious?
Speaker 11: Is that for like a one off? Is this for somebody that you plan to engage one time?
Speaker 3: You can have your phone?
Speaker 2: You could, You could do whatever you want because I promise you if you ever post or if you ever say anything about anything that happened, I need everything you got. I don't care if you got a Honda need it. I don't care if you got a Nie Sign need it. I don't care what I.
Speaker 3: Promise you. I need everything.
Speaker 11: Not playing our NDA is that common though, because I feel like so many people get caught up.
Speaker 2: Artists don't. Artists don't think about it. People don't think about it.
Speaker 11: They're just having a good time.
Speaker 3: Man. When I first got into business, that was one of the first things I want to got.
Speaker 2: You're not playing, We ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: And the NDAs can be correct me if'm wrong, could be for parties.
Speaker 6: Protection.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is just it's just for protection because at the end of the day, like like something, I look at what we got going on as a billion dollar prize, and I never want for nobody to try to infiltrate what we got going on. So we were not to protect everything. I think like, I think of my whole I think of my whole brand at once. You know, I'm thinking about my team. So if I'm out here and out when I was out here and I was doing what I You're not finna do that. So the NDA is, y'all gotta sign them. I don't. I don't care what you're talking about. If not all right, cool, we ain't gonna link what you got some messages. Cool, you can take the messages.
Speaker 11: But you ever had someone turned out of NDA and be like, no, no mind, if I gotta sign.
Speaker 2: This, because because that's gonna make me view you different instantly. I don't even I'm and I'm being honest, I don't.
Speaker 3: Like I like regular girls.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't do the Mariahs and the strippers and porn spers.
Speaker 3: Porn stars and all that, I ain't never been in it.
Speaker 11: I like regular girls, like like not in the industry or not in the industry.
Speaker 2: I like like a regular girl who got a job working on the five. Like I like regular regular girls.
Speaker 6: Why do you like them? Do you want to just put them onto a new lifestyle or why is that?
Speaker 2: I just feel like me being with somebody that's in the entertainment business ain't gonna work. You get what I'm saying. I know how this business is for me, and to be with somebody and that's just this is just my preference. But for me to be with somebody who also was in the entertainment business, I know the light, and I know how tricky it could be and.
Speaker 3: Some things, you know, some things not all women can handle.
Speaker 2: And I don't know the pressure of the pressure of a woman being in the entertainment business while I'm in an entertainment business. And she got disc going on, and I got disc going on, and she gotta it's a certain perception you gotta have for the media. And nine times out of ten nowadays, all right, the internet is like a lot of people on the internet are coloriss. So if you not light skin or a certain color with a fat ass and nice shade and fake lives or fake titties, and they it's judgmental. So what it causes these women that look regular to want to go do is or these women that's in her entertainment business to want to go do is look like the rest of the girls. And I don't need nobody trying to look like nobody else. So I like me a regular girl working nine to five. We ain't got to worry about that. I mean, I just feel like that's the better route to go instead of getting somebody that's in the entertainment business and having them chance shift they whole perception on how they need to look, how they need.
Speaker 3: To be because everybody in their ears it does.
Speaker 6: It give you a sense of normalcy, like.
Speaker 2: And it makes me and it keep me humble, you get what I'm saying, to keep me grounded because they let me know, like like when I go home my son, mom, like I've been knowing you since high school? Like what did you talking about? You think I've been hou since high school? You're not sure?
Speaker 11: Like I know you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me take that that that rap head off.
Speaker 11: Real quick, right Obviously, Like regular women feel the pressure too, right, like women that do have regular nine to five giants. But I think what I'm hearing from you is you just want someone that's grounded. I don't necessarily know if it means you care what career she's in, but as long as she just has a ground, you gotta be grounded.
Speaker 2: But I just know, I know it all right, Like, think about this industry, right the women that's on top of the game, half from either God have them. And I don't even want to put it like this because it's a tricky topic. You feel me, you don't want the internet takes stuff and flipp it. I'm not saying that I got anything against any of the women that's in the game right now. It's just, first off, I've never even been with a girl that's in the industry, no type of industry.
Speaker 3: I ain't never even linked with one, been with one, they been in the room with one, like none of that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I think it's because I'm just not into the whole, Like it's just too much that it's hard to explain.
Speaker 11: You are who you are and the industry isn't changing you, so you're not attracted life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like what I like I like, but you do you feel like that's why the Internet like flips a lot of the things that you say, because yeah, man.
Speaker 3: It's it's the world we live in. You know what I'm saying. It's the world we live in.
Speaker 2: We live in. We live in, uh a world where it's a lot of cloud chasers and cloud is a hot commodity. That's that's the thing nowadays. See back in the day is the day it used to be about the Internet and trying to get cloud and all.
Speaker 3: You had to really know a person to know if they was doing something.
Speaker 2: I mean, nowadays, it's like you could have a following and be the lamest person in real life. Man. And it's a lot of people that's like that. I know, it's a lot of people that's like that. So it's like they they way of staying relevant is to stay negative because negativity sells. And it's like, at the end of the day, that's not what I'm here for, that's not what I'm into, that's not what I like to do. So I don't really care for the negativity. But at the end of the day, I know that's what's sailing and that's how you get your dollars. That's how you get your dollars. But it ain't gonna work for long. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: It's not where you are.
Speaker 10: No, that's dope.
Speaker 8: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: Yo. What up?
Speaker 3: Whatever is your boy?
Speaker 10: Tusy?
Speaker 2: The big step of the well known flexa And you're now tuned in to the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 4: And we're back with the Baller the Show podcast. Our friend Tousy is in the building. What's up, sir?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Where's Tusy from?
Speaker 3: I'm originally from Syracuse, New.
Speaker 4: York, Syracuse, New York, Upstate New York, New York Trenches, treacherous.
Speaker 6: Why did you say that? How was it growing up there?
Speaker 2: Man? Listen, if I wur lie, if I took you out through Syracuse, I could take you through the whole Syracuse in probably like fifteen minutes. How does it look gray? It's like a great town. It's like a ghost town. Everything boarded up.
Speaker 10: So like you, if you spit off, you're gonna you're gonna spit over the whole time.
Speaker 2: Okay, mo stuff Yeah, you know, it's it's one of them. It's one of them towns because it's a small town. It's one of them small towns. Where see when people think about Upstate New York, Yeah, upstate, that's like upstate ups you know. That's like when people think of Syracuse, they think of the university college. The university is right outside the pH. So if you go to Syracuse University, you know, like stay on campus. Don't don't roam outside of campus being the hood in the pH. Don't don't try going to the Carmelo Anthony basketball court and playing at the basketball court, Like.
Speaker 1: Don't try to go for what is it like a lot of people hanging outside not not as much, no more.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's it's just not dangerous.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just not safe, Like it's dangerous. So being that it's so dangerous like if you if you're a tourist or you or you're not from there, like they don't need for you to be in these people hood, Like what is the pH? The pH is pibbing their homes and that's it's like it's a project. It's the projects outside of outside Cyca.
Speaker 3: And that's where you were from Yeah, No, I ain't.
Speaker 2: I'm not from the pH I'm from from South Carolina, Miland and Medson in that area. But you're a.
Speaker 10: Correct rr.
Speaker 4: Wasn't for you growing up? And how early did you get into the music?
Speaker 3: It was cool though, you know, just to just to be able to make it out of there.
Speaker 2: Though. It's a testimony. It's a great story and I'm happy to be where I'm at. I moved to North Carolina when I was like thirteen. Yeah, because I live in North Carolina now. I moved to North Carolina when I was like thirteen. I was back and forth in my early years living in North Carolina.
Speaker 4: But why did you move to North Carolina?
Speaker 2: My mom moved me for a better life. Okay, man, it was like it was just a lot going on. Like my sister and my brother was in and out of prison. My mom and my dad had separated. My brother. One of my brothers wanted to stay in New York while we moved to North Carolina, so he stayed in New York. It was me, my mom, my sister, and my sister three kids. My other sister three kids that was locked up because she did three years locked up and while she was locked up. It was me, my mom, and my sister and her three kids in a motel in North Carolina.
Speaker 10: In North Carolina, why was your sister locked up?
Speaker 2: Man? She was my sisters. I don't want lie my sister like the most thugged out of here.
Speaker 10: I want no smoke.
Speaker 3: Here physically.
Speaker 6: Your mom didn't want that influence on you.
Speaker 2: So she she moved me for a better life, you know what I mean. So, uh, she moved up. She moved me to North Carolina. She want that influence. I mean, I mean, that was the best thing she could have did for me. Like my brother always kept me out the streets, my mom kept me out the streets. I mean, I appreciate them for that, you know what I mean. But at the end of the day, the.
Speaker 3: Trenches, the trenches.
Speaker 2: When we were from the trenches.
Speaker 6: You did you see a lot of music around you? What made you want to get into that?
Speaker 11: I was definitely curious, is like what your inspiration was while you were in the trenches.
Speaker 2: My brother, my dad, man, shout out to my shout out to my my big brother Jarell too, my big brother Darell. He fight he uh fighted like thirty five of life right now. But my music scene growing up was my brother and my dad. They used to make music, and I wanted to be whatever they wanted to be, whatever they was.
Speaker 3: So did your dad rap? Yeah?
Speaker 2: My dad rapped? Yeah, my dad rapped. I don't know how good he is today, but everybody he used to do it.
Speaker 4: Because I know Twocy the hot Spinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were you know.
Speaker 4: A little minute and then you took the name away and just went to Tucie.
Speaker 3: But can we go? Can we start? How did your name?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 4: Where did Tussie come from?
Speaker 2: Tucy Tuessie came from? Honestly, it was so my brother, I mean now, my brother and my sister used to call me to the buck growing up, and everybody in my family used to call me two, so like I had. It's just a little football players on my team used to pick on me and called me like they.
Speaker 3: Used to be like two sis, it's so cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, TOUTSI bro, and you played football.
Speaker 2: Yeah I played for college like that. It's like that, you know, they used to they used to pick up my name, but it was a kid on my team. He couldn't say he's he was like I forgot where it's from. But he used to always call me Tucsy. He used to try to say Tutsi, like Tutsi, but he used to say Tutsi and I kind of just took the name and ran with it because like that's where everybody started to call me from there, like we just kept it, kept it rolling.
Speaker 6: So did you start rapping in high school?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: When was the point that you started taking it serious?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: Listen, shout out to my sister ex boyfriend, Joe.
Speaker 4: Your sister's ex boyfriend, My.
Speaker 2: Sister ex boyfriend. He took me to the studio in two thousand and sixteen for the first.
Speaker 6: Time in North Carolina.
Speaker 11: Was a long ago at all, in two thousand and six.
Speaker 6: The first how was that time? Can you take us to that moment when you decided this is.
Speaker 3: What I want to do?
Speaker 2: That was twenty seventeen, okay, two thousand and said. I was already writing music since I was thirteen, but I never had the means to go to the studio, like I couldn't. My mom ain't had no money, like and then she ever. I never I was that kid. I never asked my mom for nothing, like I was probably the only kid that ain't asked for nothing. And my mom just you know, she ain't have it. But when it came time and I wanted to invest in my dreams and I wanted to go to the studio, like she had scrape up money for me to go to the studio.
Speaker 3: That was dope.
Speaker 10: Shout out to mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nah, shout out to her, that's my baby.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: But you know, for the most part, like yeah, I remember going to the studio twenty sixteen for the first time, and then after that, I was just in there and in there, in there, and I was finding the hustle, like anywhere to make money to be able to pay for studio time. And then I remember seven twenty seventeen. It was either twenty seventeen or yeah, twenty seventeen, No, twenty eighteen. Twenty seventeen was when I dropped out of school, and I was like, I'm not doing them. I'm not doing like school no more. I gotta have a tunnel vision on my goals. What your mom said when you dropped up, She didn't want me to drop out.
Speaker 6: This is high school.
Speaker 3: High school.
Speaker 11: Of course, I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 2: You want to know the bad thing, Tuto, Well, no, I ain't even gonna tell you'll, but Manna, the bad thing is yo, I was in twelfth grade, Like I.
Speaker 10: Was almost done there, you was almost done.
Speaker 3: I was almost done. I probably had like three credits left.
Speaker 6: So what made you? What prompted that decision?
Speaker 2: I made a drastic decision, and it worked out for the better, though. I feel like everything happened for a reason. I'm gonna tell you all a crazy story real quick. So I remember twenty seventeen, I dropped out. I lied to my mom, well I had I was going to Roseville High School. I was going to Sanderson High School, got into a fight. They switched me to Roseville High School. That's where I met my son. Mom met my son mom. She graduated because she was a great ahead of me twenty seventeen. I'm like, you know, you got that one crush in school. It's like you don't got no motivation to go to school, no more like that ship she don't even know. Like she used to be my motivation to go to school every day, like outside of what I had going up, Like she was my motivation in football.
Speaker 6: Look forward to seeing her.
Speaker 3: I look forward to seeing her most death. You out of school? Who I'm looking for?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's getting fresh to go to school.
Speaker 2: So lite what so boom, so boom, all right, cool twenty seventeen. Now I switch schools and I'm doing online schooling. Because I was telling my mom like it was taking up with the time, like I was investing in my music, like because I was dedicated. I was doing my music like every day, like my music was That's what I was doing every day, every day, every day. So Boom, I told my mom, I'm like, I'm trying to go to La my homeboy Speaker Bangers he was. He was a producer or whatever I mean. He a producer. He produced hard on ice for a rod Wave. So boom, right, yeah, yeah, I'm not tripping, Okay, I want to make sure.
Speaker 3: So Boom.
Speaker 2: I told my mom, I'm like, listen, I got I'm trying to go to La with him. I don't got no money with the wood. My mom scripped up some money. I had, like five hundred dollars, flew to La. Lied to my teacher, my principal. Shout out to my principal because he knew I was lying, but he still gave me an opportunity. I was doing online schooling at the time, but I was doing online schooling where you had to go in the building. I was going to a like like a witchimal color school whatever, the online schooling anyway, So boom, flu to La. I'm trying to break it down because it's a long story, but flu to La. Five hundred dollars to my name. Met a guy named Jeffrey Von Jeffrey Vivon was the head A and R at Atlantic Records. We was in the studio, like I can remember, like trying to It wasn't even for me. It was for speaker bangers, trying to put my music on them, like put them out with what I had going on. I you know, he liked it. Three years later Love, like two years later Love, so I could come out and it's going, it's everywhere, Like now you got all these labels calling. We'd done met with thirteen fourteen different labels, you know, and finally we go to meet with one last label. It's Capitol Records, and you know, my CEO like I want to introduce you to the to the CEO of Capital Records.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't want it.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to do no interviews with no like I'm not trying to meet nobody, and I already know who I want to sign to. I was finna sign the RCA. Yeah, So I'm like he like like, nah, trust me, I want you to meet this one last person. Like I'm like all right, bet so Boom, I go in and I see him and it's Jeffrey B. Vaughan and I'm like, you know, at this time, I don't we was going through it. We ain't have nothing, but we have I have five hundred dollars.
Speaker 10: So this is this is the same guy that was the an R, that.
Speaker 2: Was the ANR now here the CEO. He was the CEO of Capitol Records at the time. So Boom, I ended up signing the Capitol Records and like everything was just you know, full circle. So everything happened for a reason, but you know, it was a life changing moment for me and I feel like that's why I'm here today.
Speaker 4: Can I stop you right there? What year was it, Kerman Front? Was this eighteen when you came up to the station me and flag at DC one time to fly out DC before that nineteen I'm gonna tell you all the story, crazy story of how I met this guy. Yes, we did a competition.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen, we did.
Speaker 4: A competition and it was We're gonna do a viral interview at the radio station. We got in trouble for interviewing this guy. We had like over seven thousand comments of people saying to interview him, interview him.
Speaker 3: I forgot what happened. And then and then that was another thing too, like so I said it.
Speaker 4: Was before the l A trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was before they came radio station. Yeah, yeah, so I had I said I had a buzz at the time.
Speaker 4: Seven thousand comments, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said I had a buzz at the time.
Speaker 2: So it was like I was. I was kind of like I was kind of like famous in the inner city in my city, I was like famous, So I was. I really switched schools to the online school and because I was distracted, I was I was being late the class because I was taking pictures in the hallway with people like I had like actual fans at the time. Like I used to be the stopped I don't lie like people don't know. I used to dance too, like I used to. And I was like like like.
Speaker 3: Listen, like the same stuff that like uh that like you know all the kids do like I used to do now, like I used to do like the Okay, I used to be doing board dancing. Yeah, I used to be doing all of that. But I was a kid though. I was probably like fifteen sixteen at the time, so I was doing so boom. Yeah, I was doing you know, I was with the trends.
Speaker 2: But you know, I had a buzz from that, and then I had a buzz from music, and it all like came together.
Speaker 3: And then after that it was just like, you know, I used to be late to class.
Speaker 2: Because I was taking pictures in the hallway, like it was just a bunch of stuff that was having me, you know, it was distracting me. So I just I'm like, I'm gonna let that go and I'm gonna have tunnel vision on these dreams and focus on these dreams. And it just came full circle.
Speaker 6: So you went out to LA and then you got a deal and you didn't come back to you had one, right, Nah.
Speaker 2: So I went out to LA and I met a guy. I met the guy who ended up signing me three years later. So I wish I would have went to LA got a deal. I probably wouldn't be in a good position though, because I don't know if I was. I wasn't with you yet.
Speaker 3: La flip. That's my Oh, that's my minute.
Speaker 10: Time you got bad memory? I thought I had bad memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, that's another thing that I needed to tell people. I got hit by a car when I was nine. I don't feel bad now because I got bad memory. Now tell the people how you said I got bad. I'm not straight, but nah, I got hit by a car when I was nine where I got smacked by a car, and like ever since then, like my memory don't be the best, like for real, for real, so I try to. Sometimes I'll be having to have people to like help me remind stuff, like help me remember I remember.
Speaker 10: But that's good that you saying this to the world because a lot of people may not know this.
Speaker 3: So a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 10: So when you see people, I don't remember you, and you can say, yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I really don't, like I really don't some stuff I really don't remember it, and people be like, nah, you got selective memory.
Speaker 3: No I don't.
Speaker 2: I like ever since I got hit, Like I got hit by a car when I was nine, and it could have killed me, and I remember like I could I was supposed to get paid when I was eighteen, but I ain't. I ain't want to because I ended up playing baseball right after I was to get paid. I was supposed to get paid, but the problem was I ended up going to play sports right after getting hit by the car, like and I was in love with I was in love with sports.
Speaker 3: I was. My mom was mad, but I ended up like I ended up like I was in little league.
Speaker 2: Like so it went from me getting hit by a car to like maybe like a couple months later, like a month later, me signing up like I wanted to play baseball so bad, like mom signed me up for little league please cause I was like bro, I used to be nice in baseball. I was the only black kid on my baseball team for in middle school, like I could have played baseball. The baseball coach tried to get me to play for the high school team like it was, but I just I gave up everything for music.
Speaker 6: So now you get your deal, and what is that? How does your life change?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing for me was, you know, getting to it, because my life is still changing. You get what I'm saying, I'm I'm I'm just now since since probably three years ago sign it. I'm just now getting to a point where like I feel like I should have been, And I think the point where I should have been was being able to put my team in position.
Speaker 6: What's your first hit record from off the label?
Speaker 3: Love Cycle?
Speaker 2: Love Cycle? What I mean? It wasn't a hit though it was it did good emotion. Yes, double Now you're on the billboards double platinum. But I know what a hit looks like.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, you know what you consider this song that you have now favorite? Yeah, song that you ever had?
Speaker 2: What top five Billboard? That's like I'm looking at people accolades and I'm like, you know, I'm I'm as I'm scrolling on Twitter and I'm scrolling on the Internet. I see people tweet and say like, Yo, such and such has just reached number thirteen on the Billboard for the first time. And I'm like, thirteen that first, this your first, this day first, this person here, this day first. It's the highest they've been on Billboard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't get over man. Yeah, And I'm like, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Came in at fifty two, like on Billboard. Like, and I'm talking to my label and they're like that's not regular. Okay, Well, if it's not regular, what we're doing, like what we need to be doing, because y'all telling me to come in at fifty two, it's not regular. And I'm watching all of these other songs into the Hot one hundred as well, Such and such comes in as seventy three, Such and such comes in at ninety two. I'm like, yo, we came in at fifty two, half way there were halfway there, and pushed all the way up to five, and we're still in the top ten. We at seven right now. So it's like this sixteen weeks inside of the sixteen weeks inside of the billboard Hot one hundred, about about how many weeks like probably like eight weeks inside of the top ten, you know, like we pushing and I feel like it's cool, But the biggest thing is we got to do.
Speaker 3: It again, right that follow up is hot, we gotta do it again, I think.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing, though, is the good thing is it's a standalone record. You look at the charts and all of the songs that been entering the charts, it's it's not really many standalone records. All of them got features. That's if you look at if you look at the top ten on the charts right now, favorite song is twosy favorite song, look at the rest. It's like this person, person in this person, And I'm glad because I always told myself, I said, I never want a song that I have to be shot overshadowed by.
Speaker 4: The future, the toxic version of future.
Speaker 2: Yes, his fault, Yeah, I mean shout. I didn't think he's gonna come out and go crazy like that.
Speaker 4: Did he hit you for that or did it just come out?
Speaker 2: You didn't even know? Man, listen, So he had a It was like my team, my team wanted to connect it. I was in the bank one day and my n R shout out to my n R, Chris Turner. He called me and he was like, he's like, Yo, what you think about the future on a remix for favorite song. I'm like, i mean, let's do it. We already had the relationship. I'm like, he like, I'm let's do it. He's like, all right, bet, I'm gonna call you back, coming back him?
Speaker 3: What do you call it?
Speaker 2: And it's him staying and future on the phone in future, Like, man, y'all should have put me on the origin you know, as soon as he get on the phone. So I'm like, well we're here now, you know, we got the remix. We need to remix.
Speaker 3: What's up? He sent me it the next day.
Speaker 11: You know, I think the original needed to just be you, like I think, I think not for real, like you know, I love it the future, but I think that original needed to be you and it needed to breathe for some time because I think it diversified your audience. Like Country wayn't talked about that recently when he was here, about how he doesn't curse and it allows like families to watch him together. So I'm glad you did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I gotta and I gotta. I just gotta keep it going.
Speaker 2: It definitely opened my eyes and showed me that it's a better audience out there for me. And that's the audience we need, Like you need the audience that's gonna go buy these shirts about this merch by these hats, these digital uh these digital albums, like we need, we need the people that's gonna buy these vinyls, the wall of that, you know, so and that's the crowd that's gonna do it. So we gotta keep it clean.
Speaker 11: A lot of people feel like you get signed and then you just have all this money that it just comes easily. But I saw that you posted with your advance you bought your mama a house. Yeah, yeah, I think that was such a smart thing to.
Speaker 2: And I want, yeah, I bought her a house. And it was like it wasn't even like no crazy house. It was like it was some not I wouldn't say rinky dink house, but it was just like, yo, like this year, this this is your first purchase, like and you able to go buy it and say it's yours.
Speaker 6: Still a big deal.
Speaker 3: We ain't never had nothing but her next house though, what.
Speaker 2: Her next house gonna Yo, listen when I tell you like and I mean it, I promise you sooner or later, I'm gonna be the biggest artist that's in the game. It's not gonna be nobody that's bigger than me, like and and everybody gonna have they run. But I like, I try to tell people, and it's hard to get people to believe you without action, like, but you got the numbers to back what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I try to.
Speaker 2: I try to tell people. I say, bro, like when you think of the artists that's in the game. When you first met me, Bro, I started off rapping. My biggest song that I got on the charts is not a rap song. I try to tell people all the time, like everybody got a lane. You know you got you got this artist that do this, this, artists that do that, this, artists that do that. When you think of two c It's like I'm on the six lane highway and I could get in whatever lane I want to. We got kaleid On on favorite song that's pop. We got Future on favorite song that's hip hop. If you listen to favorite song, it's got a little bit of country twang in it, like we could put like a Kine Brown or like a Morgan Wiland or anybody, you know what I mean. But then you go listen to the album you Gotta Pull Up with twenty one Savage and you got you got the you got the interlal with Willow Win, then you got the It's like I could rapt with the best of them. But I also my my fan base is women. You get what I'm saying. So I feel like that's the biggest thing for me. Like I just it's hard to get people to believe you. So I just try to I try to leave with actually. Man.
Speaker 4: So you say your fan base is women, Yeah, I remember online they were going crazy because of your relationship status. Yeah, but they're still there. They ain't going nowhere. I do have a lot of respect for you, to utmost respect for you being a family man, being a father. I think being a father is underappreciated thing going into Father's Day. Yeah, So I want to say to you man, first and foremost, I'm proud of you for being a father and being a family man, because that's very difficult. It has its own issues. But to see the relationship in the relationship, how do you deal with your female fans and them knowing you're in a relationship because they're going to try you when they see you and I know that the man.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing for me was I had to separate the two He used to I used to I used to broadcast my relationship a lot when we first got in it.
Speaker 3: And I had to realize that.
Speaker 4: That and angry faces in no comments, Yeah it.
Speaker 3: Was it was uh And I had to realize that.
Speaker 2: And my music is two different things, you know, Tuessy and Geors two different people. So if you listen to the album, you know it's songs. It's coming from Nagor's point of view. So it'll be songs about my love life and it's gonna be songs about what I've been through, about me being a young kid and being touched and me like it's it's it's it's a vulnerable album, but it's a vulnerable album because it's coming from your point of view.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not tousy.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, just with my relationship, I had to dial back from it from being on social media with it so much, because you know, people hate and they look for things, and at the end of the day, it's not a lifestyle that my partner asks to be.
Speaker 3: She never asked to be.
Speaker 2: Famous, you know, being that yeah, yeah, yeah, and people but people don't understand that though people try to make it seem like, oh, you think you're gonna you're not gonna post about that you're famous, What.
Speaker 10: Do you mean want to give you a personal life?
Speaker 2: And it's like, Yo, at the end of the day, it's like everybody just because I'm famous, everybody that I'm around, they asked to be famous. You get what I'm saying so for the most part, it's like, you know, I don't know. I feel like the biggest thing I had to do with nowt back in a relationship, man on a relationship, being on the internet and keep people.
Speaker 6: Guessing are you married?
Speaker 2: No? Not yet?
Speaker 10: So how do you feel about.
Speaker 6: Your Did you propose already?
Speaker 2: Nah? Soon? Though? Yeah? Soon?
Speaker 3: I don't lie, I ain't I'm listen.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like to keep people guessing.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, what I will say is my son mom is the best, one of the best things that ever happened to me. I mean, and every day I'm learning how to be a better man for her, not for nobody else, for her and for myself.
Speaker 3: And you know, prayfully which I am.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be the man that the man of her dreams, that the man that she she needs me to be, and the man that God has desired for men.
Speaker 11: How do you allow yourself to be so vulnerable to share the stories that you're sharing, Like, I know a lot of people in our community, a lot of black men do not talk about their experiences are being touched like, they don't talk about that. So how did you free yourself to get to this place.
Speaker 2: I mean, the biggest thing for me is like, who's gonna tell them where you going? You know, when you're going, like the they it's over with. You know, It's so many things that need to be spoken while we hear because at the end of the day, you know, being vulnerable is with with Bill's character. Being vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Bill's character allowed it, Bill's integrity.
Speaker 2: It lets us know that we not alone because there's so many people in the world who go through the same things that we go through on the daily. And I didn't realize that until I got into the music industry and I started making certain songs and I've seen how people attached to him.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of being vulnerable, what do you say to these people questioning your sexuality online?
Speaker 2: Man? Honestly, I'm I'm gonna keep it a hundred. It don't really bother me. I think I feel like, I think the biggest thing that bothered me is when people play with me. And I would never let nobody play with me while my son is around, or I never let nobody play with me while my son is even just like if I feel like it got something to do, like I'm so even the post with the where I was dressed up like the cowboy for and I had my son in my hand. It was just a picture of me. It's like, all right, cool, but you're playing with somebody.
Speaker 3: Father.
Speaker 2: My son got to get on the internet one of these days, and the internet is forever. He got to see this, And I got no problem with the LGBTQ community, y'all done. You could go on many interviews and see me say it. I love everybody, everybody. I don't judge nobody, black, blue, purple, white, orange, big, small, tall, little, I don't care. I don't care about none of that. At the end of the day. Though, what I what I believe is calling somebody gay is not an insult. People try to People try to use it as an insult, but it's what it's. It's people's sexuality, and whatever somebody's sexuality is is not an insult. So don't try to throw it out a black man to down him because you feel like that's gonna It's not gonna that's not gonna bring me down. What bring me down is the fact that you're trying to use it as an insult while I got my son in my hand, and knowing that one of these days he gonna have to get on the internet and see this, and I don't want I don't need nothing being misled, like, oh dad, is this wrong? Like is it? Nah?
Speaker 3: It's not wrong.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, like you got some people who like man, you got some people who like me son, and that's how it is. But we ain't finna do that with my son in my hand, like we ain't finna because one of these days, though, he's gonna have to get on this intern of to see this. So it's not no insult to be I don't like how people try to use it as an insol. Is he just trying to get a response out of you? They was, but they I think, see see, people find my weakness, and my weakness is my son. So anytime they like, they're gonna try to throw through like look like now, don't play with they don't talk about my son, but my weakness is like them them trying to like, you know, my son, I don't play about my son.
Speaker 11: They trying to find the loopholes.
Speaker 3: And then you got this and.
Speaker 2: Then you got this outfit on and it's like mind you, my stylist is gay. So then they go back to my stylist, and my stylists like he he are something like Yo, I apologize for what you apologizing for? Bro? I approved this album. It's not And I'm in a fashion, bro and being that I'm in being that I'm in a fashion. Fashion is not for fragile masculinity. Like if if you, if you what was wrong with the cowboy outfit I had wrong? That's I had a knitted vest on and the knitted and on the knitted vest you kind of could see through it a little bit.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, you go back to these.
Speaker 2: Pictures I don't seen I don't seen everybody Tupac and and and like braw lets not brolets, but like the Witch mccallis like leather jeans and like Yo, it's fashion. And what people don't know is like why y'are on the internet plan a lot of these people that's on top of the game. It's gay like they're they're they're they're a part of the l g B t Q community. Fashion is not for fragile masculinity. If you, if you are, if you are afraid to be a man and being certain clothes in fashion now everything might not fit you. That's okay, but you are if you are a man, you're afraid to be a certain clothes in this fashion industry, and the fashion industry is just not for you. It work fashion Week Paris that you're gonna see a lot of it. It's not like it's not for you. If you're not able to treat everybody with the same respect, it's not for you.
Speaker 11: Very on guard and like I think a lot of people in our community just associate what you look like in the day associated section.
Speaker 10: Start coming back on them fans.
Speaker 12: Because I see the picture, I was like, there's nothing wrong with the picture, but I said, they did that so that you respect respond whoever that was.
Speaker 4: You got her as though, because I saw the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're very you're on your business. I love the response.
Speaker 1: You are definitely taking your your career by the reins and going in the right direction.
Speaker 6: It was so happy that you pulled up on us. They're giving us a wrap up signal. I definitely please come back.
Speaker 3: This was a great interview. This is one of my one of my favorite interviews.
Speaker 4: So you know, you're always welcome here, So tell you what come you know, before get out of here.
Speaker 6: Though we do have a pep talk yo.
Speaker 2: Whatever is your BOYD two se to anybody that's out there that's aspiring to be something special in the world, which you already are special. Keep a toun of vision on your goals. Keep a tun of vision on your goals, and stay persistent. It's cool to say consistent, but being persistent is fighting through adversity. So stay persistent on whatever you got going on and things work out for you all. Also keep God first.
Speaker 8: Can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert blog on the baller alert dot com