Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to your week. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning with a brand new second Date update. And this is just one where I constantly am shocked to what listeners don't tell us. Yeah, you know what I mean. Like, there are gonna be a lot of thoughts after this. I know that for sure, so just sit back and enjoy. We always love to start with your comments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was a little confusing, but David said, found my wife at the d m V, and boy do I wish I could return her?
Speaker 1: Lol? Yeah, I didn't know if I was missing the joke. Serious, that's how long.
Speaker 3: The lines are. This guy got married a whole.
Speaker 4: Front.
Speaker 1: I see, I didn't know you could return things at the DMV. Yeah, maybe that's where he got confused. What a romantic Yeah all right, let's get your brand new second date right now.
Speaker 3: The second date update. Ladies will tell you that men on the dating apps come in all different forms. Yeah, you've got the shy boys, the alpha bros, the doggie dads, the tough and ruthless, and the rough and toothless. Oh yeah, and most of them all live on a site called Plenty of Fish, where, coincidentally, that's exactly where our listener Christine met her date recently.
Speaker 1: Did you like the toothless ones too?
Speaker 3: I wonder which category of man he's going to fall into. But Christine, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hian.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. Plenty of Fish is ridiculed a lot, right.
Speaker 3: Not just by people on our show, but just in the world in general.
Speaker 1: What made you turn to that site?
Speaker 2: Well, I just I didn't really have great luck on I guess like the other one, Okay, okay, I just thought I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 3: I've actually never tried Plenty of Fish because everyone's talked bad about it. I guess go towards it.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Desperation can bring you to do a lot of different really excited.
Speaker 1: He's like so good. The people on it like talk badly to keep it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Well tell us you obviously met a guy. What's his name?
Speaker 1: Luke?
Speaker 3: Okay? And what type of guy is he? On the dating apps.
Speaker 2: Categorizing He is like a rugged guy and like, I'll build a log cabin with my bare hands.
Speaker 1: Log cabin. Rugged guys don't go to private school with family yachts.
Speaker 3: He bought a log cabin.
Speaker 1: That doesn't it is not a Jeffrey because Jeffrey has a beer.
Speaker 3: You're sounding very jealous that she actually met a really tough and rough funny.
Speaker 1: Because like, you've never had a callous on your hands.
Speaker 3: So I don't know why I was doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell us about Luke, SORRYND.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, he's very manly, he's very handsome. I mean, I thought we had a good connection on our date.
Speaker 1: What'd you guys do? Wait? Hold on, where'd you go? What'd you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, we went to outback steakhouse, which I love.
Speaker 3: Was there like a big highlight moment of the date for you? That really stands out as the best part of the night.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll say this. He was an absolute gentleman, like he held the door open for me, and I thought it was like flirtatious and I thought we had good chemistry.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I mean the vibe that you're describing right now is very positive. You obviously liked his physicalness. You say the conversation went really well, hot hands, But what signals were you getting from Luke towards you or were you getting any signals at all? What was your read?
Speaker 2: I guess it wasn't like overly like he wasn't. You know, some people really lay it on sick. I thought he was just kind of polite, but I mean he was answering my questions. He had good eye contact.
Speaker 3: With me, kind of like a job interview.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was that stare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he shuffles the men usual quick. All right, next question.
Speaker 2: There was a point where maybe he thought something I did was a little weird. I'm not entirely sure.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell him what you do.
Speaker 2: I ordered two entrees, and I don't I don't know that he liked that.
Speaker 3: I went to a super nice restaurant with my bros recently, and one of my friends ordered two entrees just because he's like, I'm never gonna come to this nice restaurant for a.
Speaker 1: Back steakhouse, yeah, Italian where they give you too small than him out.
Speaker 2: And I also ordered a dessert.
Speaker 1: WHOA, No, maybe he's rude if he's paying and you order this much.
Speaker 2: I kind of subtly offered to pay, but then he just he just did.
Speaker 1: How did the night end? Like? Did he say I can't wait to see you again, or make any indication that he was thinking about a second date at that point, so okay.
Speaker 2: So like at the end of the date, I told him, like, hey, if you're interested, you can because we both drove separately, so it's like, if you want, you can just follow me home. We can watch a movie or something and keep hanging out because I was having a really good time.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, that's quite the invite. What did he say?
Speaker 2: He kind of just stept like okay, and you like gave me a hug. So I'm not sure if it's because I drove too fast and he just couldn't follow me.
Speaker 3: I'm not really so he said yes to going back and following you to your place, but you sped home.
Speaker 2: I guess it was like halfway into the drive home, I just looked up and I realized he wasn't there anymore.
Speaker 1: Anytime you tell.
Speaker 3: Someone to follow you realize I'll slow your friend's drive. I've done this too. You gotta call him. You're like, where are you?
Speaker 2: It's like I'm still.
Speaker 1: Too like to Yeah, why didn't you just text him your address or something?
Speaker 2: So I ended up messaging him the next day because I wasn't sure, like if you purposefully stitched me or or.
Speaker 1: The Okay, was never an actual like I'm following you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't sure, and if he did ditch me, I didn't want to be like, oh, where are you right now? So I waited until the next day and I messaged him and I basically just was kind of like, oh, I had such a nice time. I'd love to see you again, but I do want to, like, I don't know, I just want to like talk to him on the phone. I just want to like know what happened, because I was really I was really into him.
Speaker 3: So how are we It sounds like you're really into him. You just want to hear his voice one more time. I'll bring you happiness.
Speaker 1: How are we going to call him? If you guys were only messaging through the app?
Speaker 2: Well, so at that point I didn't have his phone number, but I have.
Speaker 3: It now, Okay, you had the police look it up for you.
Speaker 1: How did you get on the app?
Speaker 3: Later?
Speaker 1: After?
Speaker 2: I was like, do you mind if we just text?
Speaker 1: Is that? Okay?
Speaker 2: So I have texted him after, but now he's just kind of not responding, Okay, Okay, Well that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That means he doesn't despise you enough.
Speaker 1: To give you It's not gonna be one of our listeners who loves to do things like really higher private detectives or something. I'm actually really relieved.
Speaker 2: No, I have a good friend like that, but I'm not okay.
Speaker 3: All right, will you have your friend be our backup plan in case we really need to track this? Yeah, rugged guy down, but we're gonna come back and call Luke and your plenty of fish Outback Steakhouse. Second Date Update a limited edition medium rare coming up right after this Second Date update. One Girl, one boy, three entrees, forty thousand calories, and somehow zero follow up about a second date for a meal like that. It's pretty much what happened when our listener Christine met up with the rugged, walking mountain of testosterone named Luke over at the Outback Steakhouse.
Speaker 1: And I just want to grunt right now even talking about it.
Speaker 3: She even gave him the rare offer of you know, you can follow me home tonight if you want, and I won't be mad. Well, Christine was obviously very into Luke. But I'm curious, Christine, what do you have to say to anyone who might think you came off as a little bit too eager?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not interested in someone who thinks I'm too eager. I want someone who's gonna take me as I am.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. And God, why is being excited about something bad these days? Be excited. Don't act like you've been there before. You know, live in the moment.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a woman before in real life. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, and order the damn too entrees. Yeah, life short, all right, that's right, it pants, Okay, not that.
Speaker 3: So you remember when I talked about a little bit too eager, how it comes across. That's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to call this guy for you, Christine.
Speaker 3: All right, that's the perfect amount of it. All right, let's just do it. I'm gonna dials number right now. We'll see if he picks up. And Christine, remember don't jump in until we call you out and tell him that you're on the phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Just try try to hold it in. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, this is Luke WHOA I know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 1: His hands just answered the phone.
Speaker 3: Luke, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: What's going on guys.
Speaker 3: Sorry, man, we know this is weird. Let Jeff explain. This is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're doing a segment called a second Date Update. Second Date Update there, Sorry about that, okay. Yeah, So basically, it's a segment where we try to help out listeners in their dating lives. If they've gone out with someone and they're not getting a call back for a second meetup, we can try and reach out on their behalf to figure out why.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and we've heard some good things about you.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 1: Was that too eager?
Speaker 3: Nor the tone was a little bit sensual? Yeah, we heard it from a woman named Christine who you took to the Outback steakhouse recently and now you're not calling her back.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she knows why.
Speaker 1: Actually she doesn't.
Speaker 3: She has no idea why, otherwise she wouldn't be reaching out to our show to get a hold of you.
Speaker 4: Really, well, you're yeah.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Obviously, it sounds like it should be pretty apparent.
Speaker 4: Well, when you bring your three kids on the date and you don't tell the person that you're going on the date with bringing the third kids.
Speaker 1: Well, goodness as Wait, she did not mention she brought children, or had children, or invited you home to her house with children.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she has three kids that she brought on the date. They're like five.
Speaker 3: They were at the table with you, or they were out waiting in the car. Let's hope not, Jeff, Yes, this is a good gauge. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I've been on some dates, and I mean there was some positives about it, but I wasn't expecting to pay for all theirs.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's why she ordered the second entree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it got a little bit weird. I had to take the younger one to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Oh, she had a stranger take her son to the back.
Speaker 4: Older Yeah, the older kid was being really weird and wouldn't do it so good for you.
Speaker 1: Many questions like how did she even introduce you to the children like a mom's.
Speaker 4: Friend or what she just you know, said, these are my kids, kids, these are luke and you know, it's have fun. And it was. It was different for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, were they good kids? Are they well behaved kids? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, they were well behaved. I mean except for when it came to the bathroom. The one was being a little bit of a brad.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, why why would she not tell us that? Like that is so bizarre.
Speaker 3: It's actually a great question, Brooke, and we should just ask it directly to Christine, because Luke, you don't know this, but she's on the other line right now waiting to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 4: Wait, what.
Speaker 1: The kids are at school, so it's just us.
Speaker 3: Hello, are you there?
Speaker 2: Hello, Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got some explaining to do. Christine.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I didn't tell you guys that I brought my kids because you didn't have.
Speaker 1: No no, no one asked that ismal.
Speaker 3: That's fair. We probably should be more thorough. Kids on the dates.
Speaker 1: Karids don't bring kids on dates. They don't bring kids if you're married and on a date. They don't kids if you're not married and single and on a date you considered.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've read the rule book on dating with children.
Speaker 1: Nothing sexy about being out on a date and having children there, especially if they're your children and you have to take care of them.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: You sure are judging her a lot, and we haven't even heard the reason why. Like maybe there's a totally logical explanation behind us, right, Christine.
Speaker 2: I just figured if he's gonna date me, he needs to know all the people that I have in my life and that are very close to me, who closer to me than my children. So I just thought it'd be a good way to just meet us all up front, and honestly, I mean, look, you handled my three kids really well. I think I could see us having more.
Speaker 3: Whoaa more than three?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, at least six kids. And as we said, I only have boys, so nice to get some girls in there to balance it out.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, Luke, she just put it on the table for you.
Speaker 4: What do you think I did not know she was sharing to be ocome on, Like, I gotta be honest, you know. When she invited me back, at first I was like, okay, but it felt a little weird. And then on the way there, I was like, what are we going to do when we get there? You wanted to watch a movie? We're gonna watch like Mawana or something.
Speaker 3: Great he's familiar with. That's a good sign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I certainly have a lot of movies to choose from. I just thought it would be kind of nice to do a family.
Speaker 4: I just think that something you mentioned on a first date that you have kids, you don't necessarily bring them on the first date.
Speaker 1: It can't be good for your kids to be part of your dating life. Hey, they got a nice meal out of it.
Speaker 2: Brother, Fine, I mean.
Speaker 1: Alexis, do you like being involved with your mother's dating life? Okay, well no, but but.
Speaker 3: She's older now. As a five or seven year old, it would have been really.
Speaker 2: Fun of well, I mean, it could have turned out a lot worse. You know, my two baby daddies. They were asking what I was up to. I was thinking about even inviting them.
Speaker 3: No, you said, baby daddy's plural, there's multiple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would.
Speaker 1: You bring them on a date?
Speaker 2: They asked? And they have every right to see their kids, So I mean, if they want to come by, Wow, a party.
Speaker 4: Three kids is some baggage, but three kids and two baby daddies, that's a whole lot of baggage.
Speaker 1: But they do feel it does sound like they all get along.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: I get along with the two of them. I don't get along with the other one though.
Speaker 3: It makes sense.
Speaker 4: Are you're trying to have six kids? By six different guys, like what's going on?
Speaker 2: This family's really important to me. And look, Luke, I think you're great. I think you're this like wonderful, traditional manly guy. I love your big hands. And I just thought maybe if you're up for it to do a date with less people and I could just bring like one kid or something.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a pretty good deal for you, Luke, because I mean, I get how expensive babysitting is, so there is that. Yeah, And it sounds, Luke like you weren't turned off by the fact that she had kids. It's just that she surprised you with him and you weren't ready for it. So Luke, hopefully you can forgive her for her one little mistake of not warning you about her mistakes warning you, and then we would love to offer to send you on one more date with her, a date that we would pay for.
Speaker 2: I'm only going to bring one kid next time. I won't bring all three. It'll be a much cheaper date. I think it'll go a lot better.
Speaker 3: Wait, which are bringing the bathroom one or the troubled one? You probably shouldn't bring the bathroom one.
Speaker 2: Theems like the good one.
Speaker 3: What do you say, Luke, one more chance.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to pass guys. Sorry. Oh wow, Christine, you're a really sweet girl, and I hope everything works out for you.
Speaker 3: You're just saying that because his voice is really sexy.
Speaker 2: It is a very sexy voice.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey in the morning. A lot of weirdness in that call, for sure, But at the end of the day, it was.
Speaker 1: On us because we didn't ask. You brought her three children.
Speaker 3: Said, I ordered multiple meals, multiple dinners, and no one in the room was like, oh, were there other people at the table with you. No, we all just assumed she ate it herself because that's exactly what we would do.
Speaker 1: Excited, she's like, get a girl, I'm a hungry girl. I got her on that the three kids. She lost me on We should.
Speaker 3: Have been more forward and more asking better with our journalistic abilities, Brooke, you went to college for this.
Speaker 1: The last thing I want to think about when I'm on a date is kids them. Yes, I don't want to think about him when you're having a romantic date.
Speaker 3: Okay, but again, I think the point is we can be better and not have surprises like that. Slam us in the face. The next time we do a call like this, all right. It was that was really tragic. But we do have some good work in our history. You can go find some of it online, and all of our podcasts, they're available up wherever you get them. Abroke and Jeffrey