Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, so, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. That voice you're hearing another of the faces on Mount Zeitmore. It's a Banger, A hilarious acclaimed comedian actor, podcast host, one of our favorite guests, hosts of the y'all Gay podcast, The Brilliant and Talented Ever Made Out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will say my favorite eminem line ever is fuck you Debbie?
Speaker 1: Who's fuck you Debbie? Who's Debbie?
Speaker 2: I think that's his ex wife.
Speaker 3: Damn, I thought it was a lushow.
Speaker 2: Things are about to get heavy. I just settled on my lawsuits.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was Kim's lawyer.
Speaker 3: I don't know, somebody somebody.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's his mom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he also doesn't like his mom. It's weird that his mom.
Speaker 3: Doesn't like me.
Speaker 2: For a long time, he didn't like women. Huh.
Speaker 3: I still know? Wait what like re listened?
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm going on a road trip, I'll re listen to like Marshall Mathers. Why not put in some classic Eminem It's awful.
Speaker 3: It is his mom, Debbie Nelson.
Speaker 4: Debbie Nelson, Well, yeah, she sued him.
Speaker 2: I will say later in life. It sounds like he turned a corner.
Speaker 5: On gay rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it was when he did that a cappella rap where he was like and he's orange.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think his beard is real or do you think that's a hair transplant?
Speaker 1: I think he and Jalen Rose go to the same person. And I don't know if you know who Jalen Rose is. He is a former great college basketball player, very good at NBA player, and one of the great commentators. And he has he has a hairline that he's he's always had, like a great head of hair, and then lately it's beginning to look painted on it in a way that is Oh yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw his line up on Twitters.
Speaker 1: His lineup is a little too too good to be true at this point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he looks a little bit like a lego man in some sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little just like just.
Speaker 1: Take it off, put it on.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's handsome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very handsome man.
Speaker 3: Painted on hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that picture.
Speaker 1: But I believe you Eminem's beard has a lot in common with when hul Cogan came back as Hollywood hul Cogan and had a weird beard that like didn't match his face and it was just like, it doesn't Why does he have paint on his face? But I think it's I think it's real. It's just we had never seen him even with a whisker or something. And then it's just like the coloration or something.
Speaker 3: Oh it does look crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So today's podcast is all about hanging.
Speaker 7: Out Google, googling shit, Google facial hair and yeah, why what? Why is something from your search history? But also what is something from your search history that's revealing.
Speaker 1: About who you are?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, it's so embarrassing the things I add. But uh at the questions, like I just typed in who what where? Will I like to see what? Like the last few the how I asked was how many thoughts does a human have a day?
Speaker 4: And oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 8: What I was thinking like three or four hundred in my head and it's seventy thousand, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 9: Seventy crazy?
Speaker 4: Thirty five thousand of them are about the left breast, and fifty five thousand are about the right.
Speaker 9: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was young, and I think I heard this actually on a radio show where someone was like, the average man thinks about sex every like forty seconds, and I was like, oh, no, I'm not thinking about sex every like enough.
Speaker 9: But you are.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 8: You don't even realize it to suit your thirty five thoughts down the line.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm not even aware of all these thoughts that are happening, if that many thoughts are happening, or my brain is far slower than everybody else's, because that seems too.
Speaker 4: Had seventy thousand seems so inaccurate, but like I think it is, but I'm compelled to believe it, and just more believe the fact that our brains are so turned off that we don't we don't even remember all the thoughts we're having, Like you'll forget the thoughts you had a minute later.
Speaker 8: Probably, well, if you think about the thought you just that's another one, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 8: You don't have time to register every thought as a thought and clock it so like, But like I was thinking about it, like every day I wake up and I'm like, I have to peel a little bit can I go back to sleep?
Speaker 9: Maybe the so like.
Speaker 1: Every station counts as a thought, that's it. That's interesting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it must because that's a I mean. And then you like like when you're talking to people, you'll be like, boy, he's talking for a little while, and then you're like looking at like, man, he missed that there's one big long hair over there next to his ear.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can't get it. There's too many.
Speaker 1: There's a lot that seems like too many thoughts. Yeah, it does seem like according to Discover magazine, which is just a web page, and who knows if it's any more trustworthy than the source you were using. I have to assume Kalbo is Yahoo answers right.
Speaker 8: Oh, Cora, I only trust the royal shit yes or no? It's Jeeves Jeeves you did Jeeves knows all. But that like this Discover article is like this is actually disputed and some people call it a myth. But the other example, the other number they give are also crazy, Like I'm my brain doesn't work in a way where I can just like they're like, actually, some people think it's only fifteen thousand, and like my brain, that doesn't fifteen thousand and seventy thousand are the same number in my brain like that, Yeah, my brain doesn't know that.
Speaker 9: I was literally thinking hundreds in the hundreds.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean I would yeah, I would probably think like and I would think in the thousands just because hundreds is.
Speaker 9: But the funny thing is I googled it and told my girlfriend.
Speaker 8: She was like, yeah, like you'd never heard that, but she goes, that sounds right, and then she was like, I don't think you have seven.
Speaker 9: I think you have like one thousand.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, thanks, babe, thanks, Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 4: Well, I like faulted me, sweetheart.
Speaker 1: He actually once said that to me about because I, like, I was a philosophy major and they were a philosophy major, and their theory was that people who study philosophy are like who are interested in philosophy, like their brains actually are just slower than other people's brains, so like our we like stop and ruminate on like dumb bullshit for longer than other people, which kind of made sense to me. I do think my brain is slower than most brains. Yeah.
Speaker 8: That was the only class that didn't fail in college was philosophy. Like, I just make shit up.
Speaker 1: We got that slow brain. You got that good slow brain. Like, let's brag about it, like it's a good thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm like an old train. Yeah not fast, but I I'll get there.
Speaker 1: Take our sweet ass time getting where.
Speaker 4: We're gonna just rewatch the movie, uh, Lucy, I think was the name of it was Carleton. Yeah, yeah, where like she drugs herself up or some shit or or something happens, and yeah, she has the ability to unlock more than ten percent of her brain. And I was just thinking of that, like and like that whole ten percent of your brain thing is been proven by scientific methods to be somewhat of a myth. But you don't use like it's not our brains don't work, Like you only use ten percent of that Like.
Speaker 1: You use ten percent at a time, is it?
Speaker 4: I think it is right?
Speaker 1: So like you yeah, you like what one time when you're like typing, you're using that part of your brain. But if you if you tried to use all of your brain all at the same time, you would just like have a seizure and soil yourself. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like that's just not According to Lucy, you would be able to bend spoons and uh right, you know.
Speaker 8: I'll just bend the spoon like if I had, if my mind could do shit, I'm not wasting it been in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like being like you only use ten percent of your computer keyboard, and it's like, yeah, at a time, I'm using one letter at a time, and like if I tried to use them all at the same time, it wouldn't work. Be gipperish, so well, yeah it would be gibberish. But yeah, Lucy and Limitless. There's a handful of movies that seem like they're all in the genre of metaphor for writer who just tried cocaine or amphetamines for the first time, Like they're just like, whoa, what is this just keeps getting better and better? What if I just yeah, it's like that, you know.
Speaker 8: Rob Hayes has that bit where he's like, if you used all your brain, all your thoughts would be like.
Speaker 9: Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your heart.
Speaker 1: We have a new show from this guy, David Eagleman, who's like the foremost neuroscientist in America. He's like a Stanford scientist. He wrote this book The reason I reached out to him in the first place is he wrote this book Incognito, and the book is all about like how we like most of what like our conscious mind is like just this little like pinhole view on what's happening in our brain, and like our brain is doing, you know, at any moment, it's doing nine hundred things that we're like not aware of, like you know, like pumping our heart causing us to breathe, and we just have this like tiny little pinhole view and then and then there's all these mental processes that are happening in the background and then like rise to the surface once they're Yeah, that exactly right. I want to be mostly unconscious.
Speaker 8: They're going to offer that soon. Yeah, you use less of your brain, yes, Like yeah, let's let somebody else live this life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's what our phones do for us, right, is use Yeah, just use less of our brain.
Speaker 4: I've guests hosted a lot on the show and also have guessed it on the show. Probably the best that's probably google search one that I've heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty good one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, I'm googling my ass off over here.
Speaker 1: What is uh, what is something that you think is overrated.
Speaker 10: Basil plants, the kind that you buy in the grocery store. Yeah, those are so overrated, and I hate buying them because then I feel obligated to keep it alive when I just want to kill it. Anyways, Oh my god. Well I use basil a lot in my cooking. But then like they give you the little soil and then you have the stems and it's sad, but it just feels so wasteful because nine times out of ten dies almost immediately.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, I've never I don't think I've ever bought one of the ones that's in soil. It seems like too much of a commitment for it seems like like a real step up from you know, I'm I'm spice shopping and they're like, here, how about a lifelong commitment.
Speaker 10: To Yeah, that's how I feel. But I can't just find them in bunches anymore, not like time or Rosemary. It it has to all be in the soil. Maybe it's the stores that I'm by, but I can't find just already massacred plants for my benefit.
Speaker 11: That's what you need from the crows is get them to train them to bring you basil.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But see also, like how long does it take for like a leaf to grow? Because if you like use all your basil leafs off your plant and then the next day you're like, well, I have to wait like another three months or something.
Speaker 1: Me and this basil plant aren't on the same schedule.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it seems like exactly.
Speaker 10: I have like three right now in my kitchen, just like sitting in cups. So I'm hopefully like rotating between all three so it can grow, and then I torture it by pulling off its appendages.
Speaker 3: And then I do it to the other one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm with great glee.
Speaker 12: Yeah, with very great glee.
Speaker 1: I do love the idea, and I think all grocery outlets should start adopting this terminology that all produced besides the basil plants are pre massacred, Like this is our pre massacreage plant section of the grocery store. That's fun.
Speaker 10: The dead don't go to the meat section.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And do they let you come into the grocery store with the crows or do they make the crows sit wait outside in the park.
Speaker 10: They wait, They wait outside for me, But they helped me carry the bags to the car, like they're very.
Speaker 1: Ul Yeah, bring me the pre massacred bananas. Yeah, that rules. What is something Jake you think is underrated?
Speaker 13: Well somewhat related, I've been eating a lot of Italian food. I think just subliminally it got into my head from watching the show and like watch because it's like a thing that just occurs every now and then. Is that they're eating like a ricot or something, or like they eat this thing that looks like a crown made out of bones the other day that I'm.
Speaker 1: Very curious about what not that I'm using.
Speaker 13: It was crazy. I posted a picture of it on Twitter, What the hell is this? And all these Twitter so people are like, you don't know what that is, Like they're all dunking on me and stuff. Apparently it's called a crown roast and it's this thing they make a like a like a king's crown out of an animal's bones and roasted. But apparently it's pretty good. So I just have this flavor on the brain. And I was chopping with groceries store the other day and I bought a jar of something called olive salad, and I would like to form the world that it's an underrated thing in that it didn't know it existed, and that's that's a form of underrated, right. No one's talking about this.
Speaker 4: It's olive salad.
Speaker 14: No I in my mind, I'm just picturing a bunch of chopped up olives and like with some romaine throw in there.
Speaker 3: Is that kind of what it is?
Speaker 4: Well it's not.
Speaker 13: There's not romaine, but it's like other like olive, like things like peppers that you would like soak and oil like that, but chopped up and then made into like kind of a thing you can just spread on a freaking sandwich and like it. I'm it's changed my life because, like you know, you try to buy sandwich stuff when you're grocery shopping and you think you're like, well, what how hard could it be? And this is like a great way to feed yourself cheap. You can never really hit like the way something tastes from a deli doing the dance and Prano's hands. It's because you don't know about secret stuff like all of salad. Yeah, oh man, really good.
Speaker 1: It's uh yeah, it made me think of a very fancy deli and olive sound like.
Speaker 13: I think it's just technically for like a muffle letta like a po boy or something like that, like a like a Cajun thing. But it really it hit me because you know a lot of times people make a salad, they put one olive on a on a what do they call sat a cue tip, a toothpick, and put it in the sandwich, just for like aesthetics, you know. But it's like, well, you eat a sandwich, you get to eat one olive, like wall throughout the entire sandwich. That's very little olive, right, but this it spreads throughout the entire damn things. Every bite you get like that salty, briny thing.
Speaker 9: Oh man, insane.
Speaker 1: I live so much And it's totally happened later in life, Like I hated olives when I was a kid, but now it's probably the food, like I can't get enough. I like, I could not imagine eating too many olives. Like it's just I always feel like underserved when it comes to olives. I fucking love them. They're the best.
Speaker 13: I know, these Italians. They got they're onto something with a something with those olive thing underrated. Not enough people are talking about olives. Is it like the most popular food since time? Since the fucking Ten Commandments? I suppose there's a very famous restaurant named after them.
Speaker 14: But it is also a massive like crime organization that's like built up around fake olive oil.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, olive oil. Fake olive oil was like a big scam in the seventies. I remember there was like I came again, I came into into contact with that, like researching something else, and it was like yeah, and then they busted this massive like counterfeit olive oil.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we had that that off white supreme olive oil, and they got the counterfeit version of it, and it was crazy that they were like I mean, I think they were making millions. It was like one of the biggest money makers for the mafia at one point.
Speaker 1: That's nuts. But it sounds racist to say that, Like it sounds it sounds like, you know, it's like, don't.
Speaker 9: Do us like that.
Speaker 1: No, I yeah, I was talking about the same. But like to speculate that the Italian mob is like selling counterfeit olive oil, like it sounds like you're just being like yeah. And then they had a big meat ball shipment, you know, yeah, full of meatballs. Don't we don't do anti Italian racism here. Absolutely, it reminds me of Tho.
Speaker 13: There's an oddly similar story that I came upon researching for some dumb podcast I was doing about the Moonies, the cult from Korea that sort of is like the origin point of like this weird other thing that's happening in the United States with a guy named King Bullet Heead who's like the guy's son.
Speaker 9: And then like the.
Speaker 13: Guy killed Shinzo, Abe killed him because the moon is like the Shinzo and the Moonies somehow were involved in the thing with his family.
Speaker 1: Someone died, I don't know, bankrupt. Yeah, Moodies.
Speaker 13: So the interesting weird thing that came out from like US occupation in uh in Korea back in the day. They have like a similar thing going on where they're the source of I guess all of western wasabi. And it's also fake, like apparently when you eat with sabi, when you have sushi here, it's a horse radish they green, and like, yeah, probably live your whole life and never actually have with sabbi.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm not going to be surprised if we google like Canada's like counterfeit maple syrup operation that's real.
Speaker 15: That is, Yeah, it's all because criminals don't do much research.
Speaker 1: They just like Google the first thing. They're like, all right, we're Italian, what do we do, what's the most popular and how do we rip it off?
Speaker 4: You hit?
Speaker 13: I know you were like randomly hit dead on. There's a whole maple syrup in Canada.
Speaker 14: Wow, what's America's counterfeit?
Speaker 1: It's got to be ketchup right, Oh yeah, it's gotta we have to like counterfeit ketchup. But that would just you would just become a billionaire and it would be legal, because that's what America is, just like just behinry. You find the cheapest way to like make something that the piggies will gobble up, and then you become a billionaire and it doesn't matter if it's poisoning them because we don't find out until people start dying third years later, and by that time you're rich enough to like affect legislation, so you're not gonna get in any trouble.
Speaker 14: To your point, I don't even know if they could export the counterfeit shit like the European like food drug administrators over there and be like, nah, this doesn't pass the smell test for us. You guys got to eat that over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wow, all right, it's actually mostly red paint.
Speaker 14: But it's red number forty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 13: Full of microplastics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, aren't we all guess? Mayonnaise might be the other thing like that we as we talked about on an episode earlier this week. It's always like been very suspicious to me that Hellman's like the biggest word on their label is real. He is real mayonnaise. Okay, stop asking. It's like nobody was asking, but now now we're very concerned.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my stand up bit. It's my one stand up joke that I'm work shopping. That's fire.
Speaker 9: You should.
Speaker 1: Thanks man.
Speaker 13: If you read a mayonnaise jar a certain way, it says like hell is real, that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell that's right, Hell is real.
Speaker 13: People repent, put all of those letters in huge letters and then sell it. It'll there you go, it'll take off hell country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hell Man would be a dope like superhero of some sort.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, oh she's named after the mayonnaise. That'd be cool. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: Hell Man and then his whole thing is just mayonnaise, like a foreign Yeah, cool, didn't go where I was expecting it. All right, let's take a quick break and then we'll talk about the ultimate hell Man Dark Brandon. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're we're talking about never mind, you'll just have to put it together for yourself. We're talking about Tucker Carlson's what we're talking about. Tucky Carl's on his way out. We learned Monday morning. I think everybody was like, there's got to be more to this, and like he's like moving on to bigger and better things that are going to be sol extinguishing.
Speaker 12: And I thought he was gonna do a Marvel.
Speaker 1: Movie right the next step. Yeah, or Andrew, you were saying, maybe it, maybe it moves on to the other.
Speaker 6: But my hope is he's gonna be announced as the star of the new Daily Wire Studios movie.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe a Gina Carano joint.
Speaker 1: Who knows, Yeah, Gina Carano round com with Tuger Carlson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just see that woodness, white people acting you could find I.
Speaker 1: Can actually see that losing a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Gonna like an a boarded baby came back to Earth, but as an adult to dragon.
Speaker 6: We could write this now, we could we could get this outlined and set it off the chat Chopt by the end of this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it seemed like he was just fired like kind of without really putting a big plan in place. They were just like, yeah, he's not gonna be on his show tonight.
Speaker 5: I know, he ended his last show. It's like, I'll see you next week. So I don't think, yeah, he didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the timing is interesting just because they just settled that lawsuit with Dominion for like, you know, a long way towards a billion dollars. It was like seven hundred and something million dollars. It was. It was way up there, getting getting close to a bill, and so I don't know, it seems it seems like if Fox wanted to fire him, it would have made sense to do that during that process. So they like get credit from you know, the plaintiff, for the judge or whatever, like for you know taking this seriously. So it's interesting that after they settled, they're like, and also, your ass is fired.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's because that makes me think it might not be the reason, right, because I think there are multiple Fox hosts who were sort of cited in the dominion lawsuit that were not fired. I mean, I don't I feel like we're gonna learn more about this tomorrow or something.
Speaker 1: But sure by the time people can hear this episode, yeah, they'll have learned more than Yeah, but it's fun to speculate here in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we might not. I think, you know, like they're just gonna I mean, it's the leak right.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, Kendall's gonna leak it. I think Kendall's probably gonna leak it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Kendall Jenner.
Speaker 6: No, Kendall Roy from Succession. Yeah, there's so much more vivid to me. I can't remember who was a real life person.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: It really feels well. Also, like, as you know, Succession is winding to it's like final episode, and it's been a pretty good season so far in my opinion, but like people seem to be really enjoying it and talking about it like an old fashioned HBO show, Like they we have this news story drop Monday morning that like the speculation is that he had said the wrong thing about the wrong Fox executive in the dominion leaks, because there he was on Wax saying some wild shit like in the like he was on on wax saying he hated Donald Trump, which that can't be good for his popularity with his bass. I don't know if it like affected his ratings or anything, but he I think what does matter is that he insulted the wrong the wrong executive, and that executive might have headed out for him.
Speaker 5: I just love, I love, I would love it so much if he was brought down just by the pettiest, pettiest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that's his version of events. I think he's basically like, yeah, they somebody didn't didn't like the tuck and had to you know, however, referred to himself and you know, tried to take me out. Like the version that what the Washington Post gave, which was the one that like kind of in the first way of the stories, made the most sense that it was just, you know, he had said the wrong thing about the wrong executive. It still also sounds like what Tucker Carlson would be saying, like if you asked him what happened, it would be an evil executive who like couldn't take his harsh truths fires. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just so wild because it's like, obviously this.
Speaker 6: Man is a colossal asshole every single second of the day in what world? Yeah, like, would you be scared of or not like offended or by anything? He said, I just don't like if you already art executive at Fox had choose to work with him?
Speaker 3: What what? Literally?
Speaker 12: What could he say that right be blowing up the shared bathroom?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean some of the details from the leaks were that his show and like the writer's room for his show, which apparently there's a writer room writer's room for his show was like it was just like the first person anecdotes. It was like stuff that would have been deemed like sexual harassment in mad Men, Like it was just like straightforward misogyny on a level that was like felt like they immediately after were like, I can buy my.
Speaker 4: Way out of anything type and scripts.
Speaker 5: You know, I imagine that their writer's room is just two wheels and one with like nouns on it and another.
Speaker 12: Weel like with like is woe is cancel culture? Those just two things.
Speaker 1: Invade Canada, Sure fuck it, let's go with that. That was what his latest documentary was about, invading, How we should invade and liberate Canada. But I mean there have been these moments like that. There have been moments where Fox didn't seem to have the courage of Tucker Carlson's convictions. Like he had a head writer who was discovered to be like an openly racist troll on some internet forum and like that guy got fired like the day after was discovered or like tendered his resignation in a way that seemed like Carlson was like, you got to be out of here. So it's it's almost it's a year.
Speaker 6: And I agree with everything said, but I can't have that smoke out there.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like that's the ship you say on your show every night. Like, I don't know, it's so weird. They're like more careful behind the scenes than I think.
Speaker 6: It's because they can be sued by employees behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean that makes sense. And also like they are creating content for an audience that they don't respect or you know, understand or agree with, and so they're just out there basically being like, come slap it up, piggies, you know. Yeah, of course I said that these people believe stupid shit. My viewers are idiots.
Speaker 12: I mean it is brain poison, like that guy.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you probably talked about this, but that guy that shot that poor kid through the door, Yeah, because he was like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's in Kansas City. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: It's like a black thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: Child going to pick up his sibling at.
Speaker 12: Their own Yeah.
Speaker 5: And he's like some eighty something white guy and he's like, oh, well, I listened to Fox News all day because I think it was like his grandson told the news like, yeah, he's like listens to Fox News all the time, and he's a racist. He's just sitting there absorbing hate, like during his entire waking hours. And so he's like, well, you know, I'm terrified of this child and I'm gonna shoot him. And I don't you know, I don't necessarily buy that he was scared. I think it may have been you know, anger rage or something just that, like you know, you're on my porch, I'm gonna shoot you. But yeah, these people are they're just like it's not to say this guy was a nice guy before he started watching Fox News, but they just sit there consuming this like hate, like his brain poison.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's the thing I think with the it's like they make this stuff. But like there's the problem is there's clearly a contingent at Fox News that believes their news right and like has some level of power. It's probably like a seventy thirty, but like I feel like it's just like from time to time they have to throw these people abode and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. That seems like what's going on.
Speaker 6: This is like, I mean, admittedly the biggest isn't this the biggest bone they have?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I thought he had the he had the largest bureaus.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear you say that, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it could be with all the advertiser Boycott's his show is not the most profitable, but he's definitely got the largest viewership.
Speaker 6: It's all the carriage fees, by the way. Yeah, that's that's the thing. You got to tell your cable company. Don't pay Fox. Don't pay more for Fox.
Speaker 12: News, right because Fox has gone woke.
Speaker 1: That's right. Let him know, folks, I mean they they are getting it from that end, right as Yeah, you know, oh Ann or whatever the fuck is like Fox's Fox doesn't respect our president one in true prison.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think that it's also like like we'll see whether it's Tucker made Fox or Fox made Tucker, because I mean the thing is, you could put any racist person in there and it will I'm sure, do fine, sure.
Speaker 1: I mean he was the replacement for Bill O'Reilly, right, And remember a similar feeling when Bill O'Reilly was replaced and I was like, Wow, like a giant has fallen, a giant in the world of racism. This is great news for all of us. And then just like a younger, smart rasion, more racist.
Speaker 3: For sure is going to happen, and they will build this person up like as effortlessly.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 12: Who do you think is going to be the new tech?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like they haven't answered my audition tape, but.
Speaker 1: I would have guessed, Yeah, I would have guessed either Andrew t obviously or Dan Bongino. But Dan Bonge, like that was the person I was real scared of, like because he seemed just completely racist and was like, had a huge podcast and seemed to like understand media you somehow, and then they fired his ass on Friday, like he he was just like kind of an up and coming correspondent. So it does feel like maybe there is like something to that internal Fox We're actually a news company versus Fox WWE racism energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the journal that we are at real journalism.
Speaker 6: Clowns have the most power probably now that they ever have in like contemporary five news. Not that it's the majority of the power, but I think they have as much power as are ever going to have. Yeah, like see where they're gonna We're losing our credibility as a news organization and yeah, yeah, sure, I guess.
Speaker 1: I do wonder if there because there are pending lawsuits against o NN and Newsmax that I wonder if them being like, well, those people are going to be like bankrupted by the end of this year because that like thinking as like a business person, they probably are like won't he just like go over there and take his viewers with him? So they must have some feeling that like those compans like it's.
Speaker 3: Not their viewers, like people like it's like people's grandparents who literally don't know how to change the channel from the right exactly.
Speaker 5: They just I mean it's it's burned into their screens, right, Like they turn on the TV it's on Fox, and they just play it in the background all day. I don't think they're going to go online to try to like follow Tucker Carlson to wherever he's going. I think it's like such a passive, just like well, I turn on Fox News and that's what I do. I mean, I think they'll be upset that Tucker's gone, but I don't I don't see them like having the savvy to like well, I mean some of them, of course, but a lot of them I think are just gonna they just have it on as background noise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the replacement will be the same shit. I'm going to put my money in, but I won't know what odds I could get for Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean, he would he want to do it. It would be it would.
Speaker 6: Be a pay cut and he'd need a carve out for his podcast. But I think I think the that time slot is not very hard. It's it's got to be some of the easiest. It's the most lucrative per hour work you can do on Earth.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 5: I would say Ben Shapiro, but I don't think he would play well with the older generation, like he's he's too much of a little boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's I think they would just be like this guy's annoying. Yeah, that is a detail that I assumed was from reality. But the the chiron for Fox being like burned into the screen of because Succession like mentioned that as a talking point season or two ago, and apparently that's real, Like that happens all the time. I guess, Charlie Kirk, like these are all people who are Internet famous. It's probably like one of those things where you know a movie The Snakes on a Plane is like a big deal on the Internet, and then it comes out and like actually watch it, Like I'm I'm leaning towards all these people who are like Internet famous, and then they'll probably pick somebody who has like good news anchor fundamentals for a bunch of like bullshit reasons that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be a local Fox newsperson or like a fifty seven year old Wall Street Journal editor.
Speaker 3: Like it's just maybe it's just like some shit you've never.
Speaker 5: Heard of, like Cannedy will take his slot and someone's gonna take Hannity's slot.
Speaker 3: That's true. Everyone moves up long left the King.
Speaker 1: Wait, was Hannity not the most key time slot? I assume Hannity was the best time slot?
Speaker 3: Is he Fox News schedule?
Speaker 5: I do know Tucker Carlson's ratings were the highest, But that did that auto complete for you?
Speaker 12: Andrew?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no, I was doing a bookmark not.
Speaker 1: What the fuck Fox have to say about this?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? It literally yeah, eight pm is just blank right now?
Speaker 1: Whoops?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, it's it's actually just an hour of like commercials for like gold and like you know, fucking like anti woke guns.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just keep rerunning Birth of a Nation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, it's gonna be something worse though.
Speaker 3: Whatever, there's like somehow temper.
Speaker 6: Temper your celebrations because this one thousand percent is going to end up worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I would say someone like Michael Knowles, but I feel like he's too nakedly genocidal.
Speaker 1: That's what I've thought that before about plenty of right wing people that Fox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no bottom, there's no bottom.
Speaker 1: Well, because the thing, like the ecosystem for Fox News is truly like things that happen on the like in Nazi forums or on like right wing talk radio like bubble up and then make their way there and then they sort of they dog whistle it Yeah, it's like how BuzzFeed used to work with Reddit, where they would just like buzz was just like a repackaging system for Reddit stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I could see some them going with someone who's like gotten more rate, like started on radio or something like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like storm Front kind of goes through a sewage treatment plant and then it's still sewage, but it's not quite as raw as it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, filtered, it's truly.
Speaker 6: It's a copy editor, right, the copy editor on the various Nazi screens they found today.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, like can we replace the Jews with bankers?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that find and replaced Jews and some bankers.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back, and it's time to talk UFOs. There's a new profile and popular mechanics of lou Elizondo, who, like, basically I didn't know too much about him other than that he was the government official who retired while really making a public push to like declassify all these UFO UAP documents. And this paints like a more full picture of what his motives are and it's a little unnerving. But first of all, just you know, the article runs down the usual mind blowing piece of evidence, and I don't know where are you guys on the whole? Like U A P UFO, like you like all, like the site U A P is just another word? Is like the Pentagon's official word for UFOs Unidentified aerial phenomenon.
Speaker 4: Oh I think it is? Yeah, Yeah, I think UFO is fun. Like we got hey, listen, y'all, listen, walk America. We got to stop changing. We gotta stop changing ship all right. UFOs is what we used to I we don't need. Do you think they were needing new names for everything, y'all?
Speaker 1: I think they were trying to like get rid of the stigma of like flying saucers and ship.
Speaker 9: But yeah, the UFOs mad, they're like you.
Speaker 1: Think they're the ones who are worried. They're like, we're serious people, We're serious adults sitting at the Pentagon. We're not. We don't believe in UFOs. We believe in U A p s which are what does that stand for?
Speaker 4: UFOs Unidentified alien aerial phenomena.
Speaker 1: No good Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: I don't think UAPs exists, but I do think UFOs exist. Interesting take just yes, I know, yeah, I think I think UFOs are they? I mean, like I would love to see one, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I was one time when I was like riding my bike in Santa Monica at night and I looked up and there was just this like string of lights in the sky and everyone was kind of like pointing at them and looking at them, and they like weren't really moving. But I don't know that. That's the closest I've got, Like I never I like googled and couldn't find an explanation. I was also a little bit drunk.
Speaker 8: So yeah, well, everything unidentified to us because we don't know, like I don't know shit, I don't know every object. It's not like a delta plane. I don't know what the fuck it is up there. Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You are pretty up on the TikTok of like what what delta planes are flying over your head?
Speaker 9: I know I have the flight schedule, you know that shit.
Speaker 4: I feel like I used to notice more planes in the sky when I was a kid too, And I think, I know, what a wild statement, but I did, But like, and I think it's more now because we look down there's more planes in the sky. Right, Well, these planes, I think it's just because we'd look down so often.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, because you're on your dang phone.
Speaker 4: My dang phone.
Speaker 1: Well, also, there's like roads in the sky, so like depending on where you are, you might just like be under a fucking highway for like whatever the nearest airport is, and you're just seeing you know, planes passed by every minute, as opposed to you know, they have like specific paths they're supposed to stick to.
Speaker 9: So but I used to notice more drug planes too, flying low.
Speaker 4: And ship yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't see that much anymore either.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe maybe the UFO's got them. There's one particular like instance that I keep coming back to because it really is inexplicable. It's the one where they saw the tic TACs, say sixty minutes, like interviewed the fighter pilot who like made visual contact with them like they were but like there's just more detail on from that story. It was two thousand and four, and they like had somebody on a nearby aircraft carrier who like received a call from an officer and was told like they had to alter their course and he was like really adamant about it, and he like made it Joe. He was like, what did you see UFOs or something? And he was like, Sean, I really need you to take this seriously. And so he like went outside and like with his eyes because like a lot of the explanations for this shit that you hear from skeptics is that, oh, it was like they have these advanced radar technologies that are just like locking onto mylar balloons, or you know, like just seeing things like mistaking things, or there's like a trick of like the radar tracking technology, but like this, so he he went outside, scanned the horizon with binoculars and then said, several thousand feet up were five to seven lights, very bright white lights, no color, no blinking, and they were all moving in a circular pattern toward the center of this pattern. Suddenly, one by one, when they reached the center of the circle, they disappeared. So that's really fucking weird, he says. He like looked at the officer next to him and was like, did you fucking see that? And the lookout nodded. And then the next day is the thing is the day that like a nearby aircraft carrier had that visual contact with the tick time. So it's like really, I don't know, like something seemed to have been going on there, Like it doesn't doesn't seem like it's it's not just radars. It's not just you know, it's like people seeing something with their eyes that is like matched by the radars that is then like seen by the targeting cameras that they then have on camera. And like the the other point they make is that like you know, a lot of people will say, oh, you know, it's this trait like it was a light beam or like a radar interacting with another radar or something, and he's like, that is exactly. That was the very first thing we suggest that we like we we thought, but it might be and immediately discounted because it like wasn't that So like just something for skeptics to think about, is that like all these people, none of them want to believe in UFOs, Like they just don't.
Speaker 4: Keep seeing them. Yeah, they just keep seeing. First of all, kudos to you for being able to read this one point. Font.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I didn't want to subscribe to Popular Mechanics, and there was a good website that the pastebin did somebody works.
Speaker 4: Been but also like it's very funny, you know, you said that I was the first time UFOs were talked about on the show, which I actually now remember since you said it. We were all different people then, you know, wereferent people. The pandemic kind of happened.
Speaker 1: I hadn't mixed up in January sixth.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, I hadn't voted for Trump yet, Like there was a bunch of shit that hadn't happened. But like I, I always wonder why they don't like just let UFOs and aliens be known, right, And then the common like response to that is, well, the world would freak the fuck out if that were to be the case. And a part of me has believed that, but another part of me also believe But man, the ship would probably like unite us and bringing like what there's aliens here, blah blah blah. And then the pandemic happened. I was like, Oh, ain't shit going ever unite like we are, Like, if aliens come down, there's gonna be half the motherfuckers who are scared, half people who aren't.
Speaker 8: Half the people was like, you know, Kid Rock's gonna shoot one, yeah, and then there's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be another half of people's Like those are American aliens. They are here. They are here in the United States. They believe in Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they go to heaven. That's gonna be on Fox News. Do they go to heaven?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yes, And so that is gonna be the first question that I think everybody, but like the majority of people have is like, okay, so like all the religion stuff doesn't really make sense anymore, right, But I guess that was true also of like Galileo and like every scientific revolution, and they just kind of move on and they're like, no, it does. It does Jesus like aliens too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think it would change shit.
Speaker 8: Everybody still has to go to work, like, yeah, nothing's gonna unite as long as we also have to work. There's nothing that's gonna be nice. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: My motherfucker is gonna be like, hey, everybody, aliens are here, stay inside.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hello, two, we ain't doing esses.
Speaker 8: Once in a generation. God damn it. Wear a mask around aliens of these aliens can't tell me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would love to see it, though, where do you think Jack? Do you believe it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So it's like there's two possibilities in my mind. That I think are like, I mean, there's like billions of possibilities, right, but like the ones that are like leading my leading candidates for what's happening is one, it's just real there's been aliens here for all along, and they are just so much more advanced than we are that like they just like don't really give that much of a shit about us, and they also like don't trust us, and so like a lot of the alien sightings happen around nuclear weapons and stuff, so like I feel like they're just like kind of viewing us as like they're like babysitters who are just like I hope they don't like fucking kill themselves before they like get to an advanced place. But it just feels like they've been here for If they're here, they've been here for a long time. They're both more advanced technologically and also like are not interested in killing us because they could have by now, like it would have been so easy. And I think that is why, like partially, at least partially why the US government and the US military is having such a hard time reckoning with this, is that like that they're not a threat, even though they could be, Like they're just like they just seem to be flying around and not doing shit, and like that's confusing because their frame of mind is like, well, the second you have the technological capabilities to like go and attack and steal people's shit, you do that. So there there's another like possibility. Like I'm also a big believer in the ability of the human mind to just create shit. And yeah, you know, Havana syndrome has been an ongoing story we talked about on this where like a bunch of CI agents together collectively kind of manifested all of these really significant physical experiences where they were like I heard a beam of like sound that knocked me off my feet and like gave me vertigo for the next three months. And it's like they they don't think they're lying about that, like they're the brain is just and like so much of the brain, so much of what's happening in the brain is like behind the scenes, like happening in the dark, and you can't really do shit about it. So like maybe like one part of me is like maybe this is just another example of that where like it's a mass hysteria, like someone sees lights in the sky that have some natural explanation, and suddenly a handful of people across these ships have this like UFO bug in their brain and it starts spreading the way Havana syndrome did. But the the thing I've noticed about the like mass hysteria is it usually cuts in the direction of making you the most important person in the world, like the Havana syndrome. The truth of that was that they were like bored bureaucrats in this outpost in Havana where they like it didn't matter, it wasn't dangerous, like Cuba and America were trying to ease relations, and they invented a thing where they were actually like the target of like this web of international intrigue and sci fi weapons and like ghosts, for instance, Like a lot of like mass hysteria happens around ghosts, and like that's something where it's like, yeah, like we are incredibly important. We're so important, we transcend death, and you know, it's very human centric, and whereas like aliens cut in the opposite direction, like not not only are we like not the center of the universe, we're not the only intelligent life form, we're not particularly intelligent by comparison, And they aren't even interested enough to like fight us, let alone like talk to us. So it's I feel like it's actually not the sort of thing people want to believe, and so it feels like that there's it's hard to believe because it's got some hard truths, you know.
Speaker 8: Like they look at us like we look at birds. They're like, look at it, look at that one. Go yeah, he's eaten a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, yeah, yeah, we're like a million years ago, like the way we look at like a monkey house or something where it's like, yeah, they're like really cute, and look at them just figuring out nuclear technology. Hopefully they don't blow themselves up, but we'll just kind of lead them to it.
Speaker 4: And like we have such a we have such a you know, high sense of self, like we are so important. Like you know, I was watching the video of a beaver who was in a rehabilitation like home and they were gonna let him back out in the wild soon. But in this rehabilitation home, he recognized the bathroom is where the water is and was drinking shit from all around the house, building a dam to the bathroom door so like water wouldn't come out. Just his innate ability right, and I'm thinking, like, you know, we as humans don't have things like that, right, Like we there at every aspect of our The one thing we do have is we can do a lot of things, but like we don't do any of them that way, Like like we can't fly, so we create a plane.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, we may want to build shit, but we got to go to school to learn how to do it, right, Whereas like innate, we come out the womb and take fucking a year and a half to talk and walk, where some babies come out of their parents womb and the motherfuckers just walking in within two three days. Right, we do a bunch of shit as humans that, but we think we're so excellent.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I'm gonna be most interested in when the aliens, like if we ever like make contact and can communicate, It's like, what are you impressed with? And like what looks absolutely hilarious to you that like we we keep doing and you're like what the fuck is with these giant steeples that they put on buildings? Like why are their talents? But like they think our music is really good? Like that's like I'm interested to just like hearing aliens take on like music, like what they what they think that?
Speaker 4: I mean, we also have like unidentified objects here on Earth, like we haven't been able We can't even like study most of our own ocean. Like there's probably civilizations that we just don't know. We truly do not fucking know, because we can't get down there, like we're dumb.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's where they spend a lot of their time too, because like that's the one most kind of inexplicable to me sighting was this tic tac that was like over a thing that was just below the surface of the ocean, and it was just like flying over it, like back and forth and like this like random pattern, but there were like waves breaking over something in the ocean that it was like communicating with or something. And then like that's when these like a whatever super hornets flew up and then like it just bailed on that and like came up and met the super hornets. But that's my sense, as they spend a lot of their time in the ocean, probably because there's a lot of cool shit in there that might be cooler than us, you know.
Speaker 8: I always wonder because like what if there's like some Elon type billionaire who's not wasting his time running Twitter, who's just developing crazy shit. Like he's just making this shit and testing it. And we're like and he's like, fuck, they found my weird lights, you know right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I mean who knows that. I think that's wishful thinking for billionaires.
Speaker 9: But that's what I do with the billion dollars. I get some weird lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, get some fucking weird lights that are in the ocean. Just freak people out. The So anyways, like the part of the article that freaks me out a little bit is just like this lou Elizondo guy who's been publicizing this stuff, which I think is important. I'm glad he's doing it. The stories that have resulted have been like what kind of made me grapple with this a little bit more and think be less just like, well, there's probably some rational explanation for it, but his he keeps like saying, well, we need to like accept these realities because we're we might be like at risk of another Pearl Harbor or like another nine to eleven. So it seems like his whole thing and his background is like counterintelligence in Afghanistan and it seems like his whole thing is just like we need to like arm ourselves and like get ready to fight these things. It's just like there's it's not even it's not even close. Like it's not like there's nothing you can do to prepare if these things decide to like turn on us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's our that's our high sense of self. Like, yo, we could prepare and fight alias like bro, aliens will come and flick us off like a booger on our nails, man, Like yeah, like they would fuck us up. They would fuck us up.
Speaker 9: It's wild.
Speaker 8: We should find like we should find them for that would be that nine us where we're like, look, we found some aliens on like on like a planet, but they're dumb. Let's go fuck them up. Then then it'd be fun find the only aliens dumber than us that we get.
Speaker 4: Let's go get some experience in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean I do think it makes sense as a strategy because that's the only thing the Pentagon is going to pay attention to, is like, oh, we get to spend more money on weapons, Like sure, let's let this information. And it's probably why they've been willing to take it seriously to this point, it's just like as a species, I think we need to hopefully have the ability to look at the fact that they've been here, Like there's been these sightings of things that fit the same description as the tic TACs since like the sixteen hundreds, so like they've been here, they're not interested in fighting us, and like that should give send us the message that like maybe we're the fucked up ones, like because we are like whenever we have a technological advantage, we decide to kill everything we can with that technological advantage. And maybe instead of being like they like when we see these things that have a technological advantage and don't do that, maybe we take a step back and be like, oh, like we're the monsters and or or this is just like a peculiar to our species or peculiar to like the stage of development we're currently in where we're just like more warlike and we just need to like advance and evolve beyond that. But the people who get power from the military industrial complex seem like they're pretty set on, you know, interpreting everything through a paradigm of let's spend money on weapons to blow shit up.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, like you know, there's nothing like you know, those fish in the bottom of the ocean that got lights on them. It's like, like I don't even know if I believe that, you know what I mean, like if somebody told me.
Speaker 9: That was pretend this whole time.
Speaker 8: So it's like, but if there's light fish down there, why why not like light stuff in the sky, you know, light things, like there's.
Speaker 1: So many yeah, like the so I've read some description of just like what the like when you get down to that level of the ocean, it's millions of these like blinking phosphorescent or I don't know if that's the right thing, but like it's just a galaxy of like glowing organisms like that's yeah, there's so many of those, like it's and we just have no.
Speaker 4: No, we have no idea. We can't even see all colors as human beings. No, Like that's how ill equipped we are for every aspect of everything. We can't even see we see seven colors. Yeah, it's wild, you know, like wild yeah, yeah, like we don't see it's pretty wild. But that is like, haylo, that's a very good point. Like if there's all this light ship down onunder the sea, like why not in the sky, right, Like if there's something as big as a whale in the ocean, why not, why not a big as whale like bird in the sky right, And it's just like, yeah, we have no scope of like what is even on this planet, let alone?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Like what is outside of this planet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's bacteria and viruses, Like why not some skylight? I don't care about skylight. That's probably true. It might not even be alien. It's just you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, we gave you your four twenty episode a week late, folks.
Speaker 4: I hope you was high as hell.
Speaker 1: Baby Caleb Heroin, uh yeah, not on. We can't. We do officially not Heroin on. That conversation has repeatedly.
Speaker 9: Come don't know to me till I've had my hero Please.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like. The show means the world of Miles. He needs your validation.
Speaker 3: Folks.
Speaker 1: I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday.
Speaker 16: Bye.
Speaker 6: An from Doctor, Doctor Doctor.
Speaker 1: A fact