Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Bryan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern, Saturday mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday and Pacific one Eastern, and Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Wednesday here on the show. You know that means we got a lot to get into here today. Filthy Tom Lawler is going to be joining us AW Summer Blockbusters tonight. It's in Portland, Oregon. It's a three hour drive, depends on traffic. I was that close to going, but I don't think it's gonna work out here today, So we will get in everything on the show tonight. There's a lot of matches announced for the show, so we'll talk about those I will be going to the two shows in Kent, which is very weird. By the way, there's a there's a they're not doing Wednesday, and then the following Saturday they're doing Saturday, and then the following Wednesday, which is a much longer stretch of time. So yeah, we'll be talking about that here today. Yes, it does look like there's gonna be an after dark today unless something works out in the next ten minutes or so, I will be doing after dark to Pacific five Eastern and we will have a special guest here today. So yeah, I think we're just gonna do a normal day as opposed to a completely maniacal day, which I considered this morning. So anyway, we'll talk about all of the news. There's not a ton of it, so it will be a good day to ask questions of myself and Filthy Tom lead the discussion here today. Four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That for w online at gmail dot com, as well as for w online threads, Instagram and cameo and I am at, Brian Alvarez on X and Blue Sky. Father's Day is just uh, just around the corner right or did it pass? I can't remember, But the point is Father's Day cameos are a great gift for uh, for everybody here. So I will uh, I'll be back in a moment. Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Hey airline travelers. Let's you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well? SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe. So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify and existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five, five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 5: I'm holding in my hand the American silver Eagle dollar. It's a beautiful piece of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history, and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that, however much you have available to invest, silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars. So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money, and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's have a little fun.
Speaker 6: Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better.
Speaker 3: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 6: So what if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill? Okay, So these same pills can cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill.
Speaker 3: You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill.
Speaker 6: And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Don't overpay for the other blue pills.
Speaker 6: Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue, one eight hundred buy blue. It's easy to remember. One eight hundred Buy Blue. That's one eight hundred Buy b l ue and thanks for calling.
Speaker 2: If you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Network, Colleen, you now hear music?
Speaker 6: Or what now?
Speaker 1: I gotta sneeze? Anything else?
Speaker 7: Welcome back to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Filthy. Tom Lawlerer in the second segment of the show.
Speaker 1: Now sun Cast says, we have no audio.
Speaker 7: Is anybody here, jesus, I can hear you?
Speaker 1: I mean you, You're gonna have to. I'm gonna tell him to reboot everything because we're on because everything is working here. I don't know why it wouldn't work there. I'll do one thing, Tom say hid everybody?
Speaker 7: Well, how's it going? Everybody? I already said that, were you back on the air Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's doing. He's trying it again. Now it's working. Yeah, now it's working. See that was all I need to do.
Speaker 7: YouTube, Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: You unplug it and you plug it back back in?
Speaker 7: What a calamity, a comedy of errors.
Speaker 1: So here here's the thing, everybody, I'm asking you. I'm gonna ask the listeners what to do because the uh the a W Show is in Portland, Okay, Dynamites in Portland. So here's here's the deal. We've got Mystico in Action, Techlan Queen Almanada, Tony Storm, and Julia Hart with Mercedes on commentary. Would you stop it? Fletcher and Anthony bowensdam Oh Cotton, Kenny doing a contract signing MJF Bobby and Shelton versus Mike Bailey, Kevin Knight and Commander and Will Osprey versus Swerve.
Speaker 2: All right, So like.
Speaker 1: I could do this show and then go okay, but I would have to I would have to reschedule Today's After Dark, which I feel bad about doing, and then the Observer Radio show would probably have to be tomorrow morning at nine am because I ain't getting back tonight. The thing is, it's a four hour show. If it were a two hour show, that'd be one thing. You know, i'd be out of there by seven o'clock. I'd be back in plenty of time. But it's a four hour show, so I'm not out of there till nine, and uh, you know, I'm not gonna get back until late. It'd be just like I would be. It's just what am I doing? You know what I'm saying? What am I doing?
Speaker 7: I think you should go? I know you do. I think you go. I think you send me like an AI prompt and I'll get on with Dave at four am. I'll do the show with him until six.
Speaker 1: You could host the show with Dave. I mean, you just have to connect the same way you connect here. Brandon says, don't go, it seems like a lot. Tony says, send Brian a private plane. I don't know. Man, Lance wants me to do after dark, pick up Jim Valley and go. Jim Valley's already there, He's already in Portland. He wasn't an idiot like me. Oh God, I'll think about it.
Speaker 7: Can you go and stop at Voodoo Donuts?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 1: I could do anything, but I'd have to figure out how to do everything. How about I just get mad and then and then we'll see how I feel afterwards. Okay, all right, here's the thing. God, I did not like NXT last night. Did you watch that show?
Speaker 7: I did. I watched the whole thing. It's my duty.
Speaker 1: Hated it. I don't want to say. I shouldn't say I hated it. But but here's here's what's really irritating me about all of wrestling lately. Okay, yeah, I know everybody. It just hit me today, but it's it's irritating and it actually ties into tonight, so, uh, Tonight's four hours of dynamite. Tonight is also evolved, which I guess is on to b whatever that is. Yes, and and also there is an against all odds replay. They're they're app special. They just happen to be airing it for free YouTube, Facebook and Twitch at eight eastern tonight.
Speaker 7: Cool what a day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there. There's a there's a three and a half hour whatever TNA show airing head to head with the four hour a W. And there's there's two b okay, so like, come on to b okay, hold on, don't even hold on. Oh, let me put it this way. Okay, let me put it this way. It actually doesn't bother me that these different promotions are counter programming against a W.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: That doesn't bother me, all right, because you know a W is I mean whatever. They're they're big, they're big kids. You know, no one, no one is not watching Dynamite tonight. If you're an a W fan, Okay, if you're like an ae W fan and you look at the AW lineup and you're like, oh my god, should I drive to Portland or not? If you're an AW fan, you aren't gonna suddenly go I'm gonna watch that TNA app special on YouTube You're not gonna do that.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: If you're an AW fan and you go, my god, will ospray and swerve strickling, You're not gonna suddenly go, hey, you know what, I'm not gonna watch. I'm gonna watch TWOB tonight. You're not gonna do that. Okay. So my point is, like, it's it's basically a waste of time. Okay, you're just you're not taking any viewers away from AW by doing this. But this is what actually bothers me. Okay. I really like NXT. Okay, It's got its ups and downs, no doubt about it. Okay, but I like the show. It's one of the shows that I look forward to every week. But for like the last three four weeks now, Golley, g Willakers, I'm freaking sick of Evolve, like everything, it's all over the show now, Okay, Golley, we had I can't even remember her name. For the love of God, Lane Reid.
Speaker 7: Who he let me say something about Laney Reid. She's a damn good athlete, yes she is, you could tell, but God bless her.
Speaker 1: But like, who in God's name is Laney Reid? She just showed up totally out of random last week, and they're like, there's evolves Laney Reid.
Speaker 7: You know who she is, Brian, She's the sassy Southern bell.
Speaker 1: So then she shows up this week and they put her in a in a title match. She's a title match on television with j C.
Speaker 5: Jane.
Speaker 1: And then we've got this LFG bloke. God bless the guy, this big Jasper Troy, who like, Golly, I mean I understand that, like when you hear a name over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, you kind of stop thinking about it. That's a theory, but it didn't work with Katana Chance. That name sucked for life, Okay, And Jasper Troy is the dumbest name. Jasper. Wow, Troy, it'd be one thing if he were Troy Jasper, that'd be better. Jasper Troy. This guy saddled with the worst name.
Speaker 7: Brother, you gotta get you gotta get out to the Northwest, you gotta get out of the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 1: So Jasper Jasper Troy. Now this guy comes out of nowhere. He's doing a main event with Obafemi.
Speaker 7: Okay, he's no, no, no, he hasn't been he didn't come out of nowhere, Brian. He's been on TV for weeks and weeks, like three or four weeks.
Speaker 1: No, it hasn't been three or four weeks. He's maybe been shown in a back they showed a clip from LFG. He's been shown in a backstage segment. It's been at last three weeks. Now he's headlining the show. It's another guy. It's like, who is Jasper Troy? Guys, nobody watched LFG? Did you get the ratings for that show? I mean under like it was like eighty thousand people were watching that every week?
Speaker 7: What was it on?
Speaker 1: I can sit here and rant about like the Return of Our Truth. It'll get eight thousand people on YouTube maybe. But the point is, dude, NXT is all. We gotta get people watching Evolve. We gotta get people watching Evolve. We gotta get people watching. Like, dude, I just want to watch NXT if you want to bring in Jasper Troy because he's a big dude and he's got some talent and you want to put him on the roster and he becomes a regular guy, and that's fine, Like do that, but the show is now all about, Hey, you gotta watch next season of LFG. Here's an LFG guy in a match. Hey, you need to watch Evolve on Wednesdays. Here's the match. And by the way, you also have to watch TNA. So like, here's some tn A guy. I'm like, dude, can I just watch the actual show? Is that too much to ask?
Speaker 7: You must also watch Triple A and Triple A and ww ID, which yes, is separate then Evolve.
Speaker 1: I just want to watch NXT, that's all. If I wanted to watch Evolve, I'd watch Evolve. If I wanted to watch LFG, I'd watch LFG. If I wanted to watch Impact, I do watch Impact. I try. But like, dude, I'm not even watching NXT anymore. I'm just watching all these other shows? Am I the only one? I should just drive to Portland and get out of here now I'll be back Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: All these things, this, that the other. Now, Dave's all right doing the show at nine am tomorrow. That opens that door. But then someone from jiu Jitsu just messaged a happy birthday and asked if I'm teaching tonight. Then we got Lance here telling me he likes Jasper Troy. He says, have you forgotten Husky Harrison Michael McGillicuddy. Yeah, that they'll suck too. That doesn't mean Jasper Troy's any good God, you know, Jasper Troy's real name is.
Speaker 7: No Bart.
Speaker 1: He's actually got like a cool name, Antoine Frasier. That's miles better than Jasper Troy. Miles. And then they changed. You know, it's funny of all the names. I don't even mind at all. They change from Mariah May's name, She's now Blake Monroe, which the Blake thing's a little weird because everybody just remembers Wesley Blake, which was also a terrible name, by the way, Blake Christian, Blake Christian. Yeah, but I mean obviously they're they're trying to. I mean, she's supposed to be Marilyn Monroe. I mean, hello, some of you not know anything about anything. I mean, people are like, oh, the audio died again. See I just need to leave. I just need to get out of here. Are we back? Nope, he's got to reboot everything again. Yep, Well you know when he comes back, I'm gonna tell him what to do.
Speaker 7: Who.
Speaker 1: I don't care if you guys can't hear me. You see that.
Speaker 7: Who's got to redo what?
Speaker 1: Sun Cast needs to just reboot the whole thing? Yeah, Oh, Cyrus Griffin, Yeah, that's another one. We audio audio reac.
Speaker 7: That name's worse than Jasper Troy.
Speaker 1: Ohsyrus Griffin. Yeah, see, I I don't think so well, you're wrong. I mean, it's it's not like it's a good name, but he's he's Egyptian and he's it's it's I gotta text this guy. He's can't hear me, I'm gonna read Yeah, this dead air. Okay, but you know what doesn't matter because everyone on Sports Byline broadcasting can hear me, right yeah, switch over to Sports Byline for audio people. He's gonna he's gonna reboot this whole thing and we're just gonna start all over again. All right, what are you writing down there? Am I still ranting about names? So Maria May Mariah May has got a new name. It's Blake Monroe. Obviously, Like everybody's like, oh, they're stealing the gimmick from timeless Tony. Well, they kind of are in the sense that, you know, she's an old silent movie bombshell, that's that's what they're doing. But you know, it's it's she's supposed to be Marilyn Monroe. She's Blake Monroe. She did the gimmick in the in the bathtub. You know, they did a total sixties you know whatever, even though she was dead by then. So that's that's the idea is here.
Speaker 7: This was actually a like inspired by Sabrina Carpenter, almost frame for frame.
Speaker 1: Well a little bit, but I mean the Monroe is obviously from Marilyn Monroe.
Speaker 7: Yes, why not scope Mariah Monroe.
Speaker 1: They could have done Maria Monroe. Apparently she's got a little niece. Lance says, with the luck you were having, do not get on the highway. That's probably a good point. That's probably a good point.
Speaker 7: Why is Lance such a hater?
Speaker 1: He's not a hater. He's being friendly. He's trying to keep me from dying on the last day of my forties.
Speaker 7: God, that's not what's happening. Oh my god? Is it really? Yeah, you're forty nine.
Speaker 1: I did my last hold on what I did my last workout in my forties about an hour and a half ago. Where have you been, dude? I'm fifty tomorrow. Wow, that's crazy freaking fifty.
Speaker 7: That is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now everyone acts like they don't know how old I am. You guys are all idiots. Colley, good thing. There's like nothing to talk about here today. Do you realize, literally there's no other news to talk about unless we want to talk about raw ratings. There's literally nothing else to talk about.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could talk about the whole NXT review, but I'm I'm do I really need to get more angry?
Speaker 7: Well, they've added a steel cage stipulation to the main event of Triple Mania this upcoming weekend.
Speaker 1: So that's something this guy tells me I should give my senior discounts. I swear to god. I went to the mailbox the other day and I had a AARP card. Swear to God, they sent it to me. I'm like, God, But then I can't actually use the card unless I, like subscribe to the AARP magazine or whatever. Can you believe it? Ancient? Should I just kill time until we get the video back? Or should I just like act like we're on the radio.
Speaker 7: Brian, did you see what WW vault put up yesterday?
Speaker 1: What my first matches?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Ten minutes of furface?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who's furface? Oh?
Speaker 7: We're back.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we have audio still? Do we have audio? That was good?
Speaker 7: Fur face apparently was.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna plug something to plug it back in, brutus.
Speaker 7: The barber Beefcake doing run ends.
Speaker 6: In a.
Speaker 7: Costume with a furry face essentially didn't look too much for from that bloke that was on the Old Christmas Show a few years ago in the furry costume, to be fair, and then he also did a few run ins where he was dressed as a mariner.
Speaker 1: All right, I unplugged and plugged it back in. But I don't know if that did any good. Right there, let's see what he's got here. So now it doesn't even now, can't even find the scarlet?
Speaker 7: Was my audio preserved them?
Speaker 1: Is this good radio? Or is it sucked? You're on the radio, both silently laughing. What happened?
Speaker 7: Oh my god? I thought we weren't even on the radio.
Speaker 1: No, we're on the radio the whole time. Oh boy, yeah, Lance is yelling at me. You're on the radio. Do a radio show. Now, it's a it's a combo show. I don't we might not just be streaming today, which by the way, suggests I should skip after dark because like we can't get the video working. Well, look at that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Oh no, We'll starting to come together now.
Speaker 1: The scarlet is broken. It's just not working.
Speaker 7: Brian. There was a new number one contender crowned to a WWE title today.
Speaker 1: Why don't you tell everybody about it. I'll be right back. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Speed Tournament continues on as it always does, in perpetuity, I believe would be the term. Today, a new number one contender was crowned for the champion, who happens to be El Grande Americano and who will be challenging him for that title none other than Legato Dell Phantasma's own Bartow, who defeated Noam Darr in the semi finals. In the round previous to that, he defeated Kit Wilson of Pretty Deadly, while Noam Dar defeated Lexus King, I believe, in a match that was put together last second because of an injury to Joaquin Wilde. We have not seen back since then, so best wishes to him. But Berto.
Speaker 1: I already was knocked out for a long time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 1: He did like a I think he did like a four fifty or six forty year. He did something crazy and he he didn't rotate right and landed on his head and he was out. So whatever it was, it was not Lexis King's fault. He missed times something that he did on his own.
Speaker 7: And Berto also also wins this tournament and will be in action this Sunday at the aforementioned Triple A Triple Mania as he will team with Angel and they will challenge the champions Sanson and Forrest Terow. And not only will they challenge them, but also two other teams Nick and Ryan Nemeth and our boys Brian Psycho Clown and Pegano.
Speaker 1: Man, they're gonna go all the way with this old Pegana, aren't they.
Speaker 7: Why not?
Speaker 1: How come he didn't get his over as uh, mister Iguana, guys wants some mister Iguana scoops.
Speaker 7: Missed. Mister Iguana is a he's a little bit of a you know.
Speaker 1: Well, mister Iguana did an interview. This was actually a while ago, but came back up recently. He came up with the idea for the mister Iguana character while on an LSD trip in his twenties. Actually, I think when he was twenty he then, uh, you know, came up with his character. And I think he was originally going to be you know, the the translations back and forth. Maybe I'm missing something. I believe he was originally going to be a lot iguana marijuana, the marijuana iguana. And then he realized that if you take marijuana, which apparently I guess in in in uh in Mexico, marijuana and maragua marijuana mariguana are interchangeable. So he really so they keep smelling with an H or a G. So you realize if you take the A out of marijuana, you got mister iguana. And so uh, that's what that's how he got that. He originally just painted the front of his face, but it was I guess Conan that told him to like dip his whole head and paint. So how's his whole head is green? And uh and the the the little fella, the puppet is named Yesga Yesga, which comes from the slang term for marijuana in Mexico or drugs in general, yesca rag yes So that's that's mister Iguana. Well, the titles are Laparca and Eddie Guerrero.
Speaker 7: I am now not surprised whatsoever that mister Iguana does jiu jitsu as a hobby.
Speaker 1: Yes, he does. He does like his jiu jitsu. Well, we're all back just in time to go to a commercial break, everybody, and so we're gonna do that, and you all missed all of the scoops about mister Iguana. So you should sign up today at wrestling Observer dot com or at for w onl dot com, slash applet for w on dot com, Slash Spotify, at for w on dot com, slash YouTube. Back in a moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 8: Special alert for consumers struggling to pay taxes. There are new tax regulations not published yet. We have the inside track on your new tax savings. These programs are designed to help struggling taxpayers like you. The COVID releaf programs are gone, but there are new programs to help struggling taxpayers, and we have the inside track. Call now and we'll take you through these new programs. These taxpayers savings programs have never been available until now. Get out of tax trouble now it doesn't take weeks. It can happen in one phone call. Call now and get the inside track to get rid of your tax problems.
Speaker 4: Call the tax help line now eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine eight hundred nine four nine three nine eight hundred nine four nine ohoh three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine.
Speaker 9: If you've got a property that you've been trying to sew and you've tried almost everything, I want to tell you about something that you haven't tried yet. You're going to think this offer is too good to be true, but it's not. Thousands of customers have sold their homes in any condition. With need to sell my home. This is a real opportunity from a highly rated company that buys homes all over the country. Did you know it's possible to sell your home right over the phone with no real estate commissions and no pesky open houses. Plus every offer is a cash offer with no mortgage hold ups. To find out how much you can sell your homer property for call now. Take five minutes of your time and call for this one hundred percent free quote to sell your home.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred four to three oh six seven four eight hundred four to three oh six seven four eight hundred four to three oh six seven four. That's eight hundred four to three oh zero six seventy four.
Speaker 2: I am an American veteran. I am proud to have served this country.
Speaker 10: Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program, they'll explain how their program works, and then a range of time they can come and pick up your vehicle for free, running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Car Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give you right now. Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eighty seven one oh ninety seven. Eight hundred eight eight seven one oh ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see what I've got so far. Dave can do tomorrow, so that's handled after our guest is willing to switch, but I haven't. I haven't told her to it yet, So I'm up in the air about that. You know what I mean. I feel no matter what happens, I'm not doing my job one way or the other. It should be attending the show live. It's close, right, and then jiu jitsu. I'm actually not sure I can get it covered yet. So that's question mark. That may be the deciding factor. What el? What else? What are the other issues? Just having a real, really unlucky day. Should I really be driving?
Speaker 7: Is your car charge?
Speaker 1: It's ready to go? What does my heart tell me? God, my heart tells me they should be in Kent? I don't know, man, I'll think about it. Weighing a lot of different things right here? All right, what does he have to do with it? Let's quickly talk about this NXT show. I will say, you know, I should have just watched the opener and then shut the rest of the show off Ethan Page and Sean Legacy was great. Ethan Page can have a good match with anybody. Sean Legacy was great. They freaking worked a headlock. You understand, they worked a headlock early where Ethan put him in a headlock and he wouldn't let go, and the fans started to get mad. They started to boo the headlock, and so he held the headlock longer and then they got really mad, and then Shawn Legacy escaped and he grabbed a headlock and they popped. I was like, this is already the best match of it. And then they you know, did a buttu really cool moves and everything, and then uh, finally Page avoided a four fifty at the twist of fate pinned him clean. I mean it was This was a great, great TV match. Loved it. And then uh afterwards, Ricky Saints went after Ethan. I thought he'd be on the main roster by now, but apparently not. So that was kind of weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought that was bizarre, unexpected. The crowd didn't seem to know what to think either. It wasn't like you got a huge pop.
Speaker 1: Well, it's weird because they feuded and then it was like it was over, and then the feud just is continuing. So I thought they were ending the feud to get him out of here, but apparently they're not. I don't think. I don't know so, but that was a great opening segment. Then we had the j. C. Jane gimmick where Laney Reid showed up. I may not have anyone to cover tonight, so it's not looking good. Yeah, one more person, then it's then it's me, Brother'll be here. Jacy Jane asked Ave about the UH news signing this Laney read See she's like Jesson's just like the rest of us. Who is this woman? No clue? And so UH Lady shows up and she slaps Jace across the face, slaps her right in for an ava. He just stands there.
Speaker 7: Jace just stood there too.
Speaker 1: Well. Then jac says, you know what, I want to do it again. I want to do it tonight, cuts a promo on her. Lady slaps her a second time. It takes two slaps. Re evy to go, lady, you gotta get out of here, and she shuffles her away and then lady goes, I want that match sign it for tonight. Aby goes, all right, fine, I'm like, Ava, it's your job. Why does everybody always do your job for you? God? Then Soul and Zaria this was creepy. They're secretly filming the women's locker room. You can't do that. You can't do that. I don't care if you're that's not allowed. There was drama. Then we had a hilarious segment if you pay attention to the show. Last week is he Dame turned on the Virgin and hit him with a chair. The other two go why did you do that? And she said he's not committed to the culling, and they go, you're right, and like they were all on the same page. Well a week later they have a meeting and now Sean Spears goes, can you explain why you turned on the Virgin? Like I think guys were all on the same page last week. She goes, well, don't get mad at me, domb this is what she said. There's no room for half assed commitment in the culling. I was like, oh yeah, she said he didn't believe in us. We're supposed to believe in him. And so then Spears goes, you're brilliant.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 1: That's the line for brilliance. Nowadays, it feels like they have shit an uncommitted virgin, which explains a lot by the way. So the driver thanks her for getting rid of this virgin, says it's a new beginning, and she says she's got her eye on something else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brian, it seemed like she is now the centerpiece of this group.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's I think it's Sean Staysiac.
Speaker 7: Excuse really, Sean Stasiac meat is back.
Speaker 1: Or Sean whatever? What did I say? Sean Spears certainly not yea PM. Didn't he record a locker room too? Oh boy, goll ye, my brain is working really weird. In my advanced age Colling versus Briggs and Ena Murah, I thought, you know, at this point, I thought, well, the Virgin hasn't been fired, so he's got to come back and help, you know, the Fornicator. But it didn't happen. I guess maybe they're building to it. They're building a tension with the Fornicator and the virgin, and so they got beat. Nico crotched Briggs and pinned him. There was totally dead for this finish.
Speaker 7: There was a little bit of miscommunication between Briggs and in a morea like a blind tag that kind of confused in AA, I.
Speaker 1: Know, But like the thing is Briggs and in a Muruah are like a great team that the people love and they don't care a bit about the driver Nico Vans, And when he pinned the Fornicator, they were just like, oh well, let's get some evolved guys.
Speaker 7: Next he dominated the Fornicator.
Speaker 1: We had some backstage Oh yeah, Jasper beat up Oba before the show and they teased maybe Oba couldn't continue, but of course he did.
Speaker 7: More dangerous than any war zone on the planet, more more deadly than the Syrian border. Is that NXT parking lot.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous.
Speaker 7: You will get attacked.
Speaker 1: We had a Chase Use segment that was cool, the Mariah May deal She's now Blake mo in row. Then we had Lash Legend versus Ren Sinclair. This was not good. It's just they bought spots.
Speaker 7: I mean, watch the finish.
Speaker 1: Watch the finish.
Speaker 7: I will say, well, what is good is Lash Legend's new project pat Chickenhead remix theme cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, woo woop. J C Jane versus Laney redm not good Laney at one point threw two head butts, and you know how he always used the term she missed by a mile? How many feet is a mile? Because I gotta make sure because it might actually have been a mile.
Speaker 7: Eighty feet?
Speaker 1: Okay, so she missed her by a half mile. She throws his head butt and like, she's as far away as I am from you right now. She misses by miles, multiple miles, and Jac he sells it. And then she throws another one. It's even farther away, and Jac sells that one too, and I'm like, listen, I'd rather you didn't do a clonking head butt, but maybe don't do a head butt at all if you got to be a mile away. So then they you know, she has good athleticism and everything, but she's not ready for the main roster. And then fallin distracted Laney Jce hit her big right hand, got the pin and uh. And then Avia comes out and she says, you've determined your first opponent. I'm gonna determine your next opponent. She signs, and I quote four singles matches for next week. The winners go into a four way and the winner gets a shot at evolution.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know I heard your discussion with Dave about you know, these tournaments of multi person matches. I will say, at least in the case of like the Money in the Bank, they did multi person qualifiers, but Money in the Bank is a multi person match, right, you don't want to I think they did three ways. You don't want to have six people in every match. That's a little bit too much. But I think for something like that, it's fine what they're doing for the King of the Ring. And this tournament even is even worse when you think about it, is preposterous in no circumstance. But you have four people fight in order to determine who will compete in a one on one contest. Ridiculous.
Speaker 1: We had some segments to set up some matches next week, including a six person with Casey Navarro and aj Francis. Top Dolla is back in NXT. We had NQCC having a meeting. Now Old Tavion wants out as well, and Javon is kind of riling up Charlie. We had Tony d and Luca versus Tyson and Tyreek. This wasn't very good, but I did like the story at the end of the match. Like the story is that nobody trusts Luca, including the baby face Tony. He's not an idiot. He does not trust this guy, but Luca is insisting I've done nothing wrong. I'm on your side. So they do this match, and Tony doesn't trust him as a partner. Stax hits the ring with a crowbar. The crowbar falls on the mat. As Tony is beaten up, stacks Luca picks up the crowbar, and right then Tony turns around. He sees him with a crow bar. He gets all he gets tell furious about it, and then as he's screaming, he gets distracted and pinned and so each other. Lucas like, dude, I didn't do anything. I picked up the crowbar. I wasn't trying to attack you. But Tony doesn't trust him, so I like that finish. Oh now I did get somebody who can cover it. Trick. Trick, it is like a show long storyline. It's crazy.
Speaker 7: I can't wait for you to get to the garage and realize your car's not charged.
Speaker 1: It's plugged in right now. Trick then did a promo backstage setting up the match next week, and then we had Oba Femi and Jazz for Troy for the NXT title, and I don't know, man, Jasper is a good athlete too early, Yeah, he's not ready for TV. I couldn't call it a disaster in a lot of ways because they didn't work it out in advance. And you know, they told a decent story, which was that Oba's ribs were heard and Jasper kept working over the ribs and he's a big guy and they had a lot of heat and the people were really into it. But my god, I was ranting on Monday about this stupid goy. They did a spot on Monday where they're doing near fall boom in this four way but the men boom boom, near fall up down, blah blah blah. Dom tries to steal a pin with a crucivix and the road goes shoulder right down and just like the match died, Like it just came to a halt as this referee was being a hard ass about the shoulder being down. Well, this time they're doing this match and like you know, it's they made it through. We're at the very end.
Speaker 7: You could tell they are both sucking wind at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh but it's a pop up power bomb.
Speaker 7: No, no, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Oh he's it's supposed to be a pop up power.
Speaker 7: You're supposed to but this one's like a pop up spine bus.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. You're killing the lead. He hits the move, the ref drops down one two. Jasper doesn't move and he stops, and the crowd goes what And the ref start going like this like the shoulders up, but it's not, and you see Jasper. Jasper's flat in his back and you just see him all of a sudden. He just looks at the ref like what are you doing? And then you look at Oba almost like I Am going to eat you. He is so angry, He's going to kill and eat this man and this this referee just stopped dude, And so time stands still. And then Abah's like, get up and he lifts his dude up and he throws him in a game. They just do the same move again, and now the ref counts. I'm like, oh my god, who.
Speaker 7: Do you think made the call?
Speaker 1: Dude? Whose ref was it?
Speaker 7: Did the ref get something in the earpiece and go like, hey, that look like cow dung him? Do it again?
Speaker 1: I can't figure out what was was Jasper supposed to kick out and forgot did someone call the audible to do it again? And the ref forgot to tell him and he just stopped counting. What was happening here? God, this show. I was so mad last night and then this guy's like, ah, never mind back in a moment. Observer Live here, mh.
Speaker 2: You are listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERBVI on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I didn't see there's a problem. Here's why I don't think I'm gonna go. I did heads or tails. I didn't like the answer.
Speaker 7: Why why'd you ask me to call it?
Speaker 1: You said what it was gonna be, You go tell I said what I ended up being. You said, call it, yeah, so call it heads or tails? Heads, I go tails.
Speaker 2: I stay.
Speaker 1: Calling call it heads, I go tails. I stay. Say it.
Speaker 7: Okay, say it heads, you go tails. You say no, pick one, you idiot, That's not how it works.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, say heads or tails?
Speaker 7: Heads?
Speaker 1: Okay, tails?
Speaker 7: What does it matter if I picked one or the other?
Speaker 1: Tails means I say, you moron. Golly you know. Here's the thing. Here's why I think I'm actually gonna stay because in order for this to work, nothing has to go wrong. Do you understand there has to be like no traffic on the way down, there has to be no traffic on the way back. I gotta be able to easily get in, easily get out of Portland. Like everything has to go perfectly for this to work. And have you listened to the show today? Like there's no chance, right, there's no chance this we'll go off without a hitch.
Speaker 7: You don't even know how a coin flip works. How are you gonna make it down to Portland?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna sign off everybody, and I think there's a very good chance there's gonna be an after dark today. But if you listen to the show and it's a replay at two Pacific five eastern, you'll know I left. But I do plan to likely be there today. I'm just feeling like this is just gonna be a disaster if I go. You know what I mean? Do I really need a disaster on my last day of forties? Shouldn't I go into my fifties like relaxed and it no?
Speaker 7: You go out how you came in?
Speaker 1: God, we'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the Eight Side Network