Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Coveno.
Speaker 2: Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app It's Life Searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey is this thing on? Hello?
Speaker 2: Check on Ted and the show begins, and you could watch what you hear live on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR. What the cartoons Wild? Hold up, that's Rich Davis. I'm Steve Covino Covicular. I'm going by Covicular. Now make note of that. Steve Covicular Covino. Welcome to the Covinosphere. And Rich, we got Danny g We got Iowa Sam I having Dan Byer, the grand champion of Last One Standing. We're gonna try to take him down today. Maybe if Rich and I tag team, we could beat them.
Speaker 1: We'll see. But we're giving away prizes and we're rocking out.
Speaker 2: Let's go like a handicap match in wrestling, like two on one, like a tag team.
Speaker 1: Maybe if we can bine our brains or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, phone a friend, but Last One Standing a very special Tuesday edition. That means if you missed yesterday show, well then you missed big Poppy trivia.
Speaker 1: So catch the replay.
Speaker 2: Catch it on YouTube, catch the podcast search Covino and Rich wherever you stream. Now, asides from Last One Standing, we got to talk serbian booty slaps. What does that even mean? Sounds fun, serbian booty slaps. Unfortunately, we're gonna have to address this Diana Russini thing. I think we've handled it as respectfully as we could as former colleagues and people that know her. But you heard Dan Meyer's update, We're gonna have to like touch on it a little bit. I have her statement and we'll just you know, glance it over it. I want to go over her statement as she resigned. Yeah, so we'll talk about that. My instant here though, and that has nothing to do with bra of serbian booty slapping. By the way, that's not an unrelated story, related story. Just you know, resigning from the situation doesn't necessarily make it go away, does it. Well, I see what she's doing, so we'll explain. We'll we'll talk some of that, some serbian booty slapping, some NBA playings that happened tonight.
Speaker 1: But there's a guy.
Speaker 2: Who has a reputation, and I'm convinced that maybe he likes this reputation. A guy that's been in the MLB for sixteen seasons now, a guy that has get this, four hundred and eight home runs, two of them hit last night. Wow, a career batting average of two ninety three. A guy that battled some health issues. But you know what, it seems like he's back. Seems like he's all the way back. Seems like he was auditioning last night for something else or maybe not. No, I would say, no, we're talking the one the only Some people call him the goat.
Speaker 1: Aaron Judge called him the goat. Wait till you hear this.
Speaker 2: Mike Trout, Mike Trout of the Angels put on a show last night and he got people remembering and thinking about, Yeah, that's right, he's one of the best.
Speaker 1: What's his deal? Why is he on the Angels?
Speaker 2: That's that's the question, right, So you got to ask yourself, does Mike Trout like his narrative? Because if he didn't, he's had so many opportunities to change it or forcibly change it or totally not even against his will when he resigned an extension in twenty nineteen. When Mike Trout has been on a team that hasn't sniffed the postseason and over a decade, they haven't had a winning season in a decade, no postseason since twenty fourteen, and a winning season since twenty fifteen. And we're talking about a team that had both Shohey and Trout on the team at the same time, and it's so sad. What really puts a spotlight on Mike Trout's career was his incredible night last night and the fact that Shohio Tani left and won two World Series since, you know, because it makes you think of what the possibilities could be for a guy like Mike Trout. Mike Trout on any other team other than the Angels would be a household name, a superstar. Granted, he's not personality plus, but his stats do enough talking.
Speaker 1: The guy is one of the greats.
Speaker 2: And if you don't believe me, can I just say that Aaron Judge was gushing over him last night. Aaron Judge gushing over Mike Trout. If you missed it, take a listen to who I think is to go Aaron Judge talking about Mike Trout.
Speaker 3: He's the greatest, He's the greatest of all time. Has been fun to watch his whole.
Speaker 4: Career, you know, coming up at such a young age and instantly just putting yourself at the top of the lists.
Speaker 3: It's specially you know, he's let those boys over there for quite a few years, and just to see him day in and day out show up.
Speaker 4: I KNOWLW he's had some tough injuries over the years, but you know, to see himself put himself. He's back on a better spot this year, and every time he comes to the Bronx man.
Speaker 3: He puts on a show. I hate to see it, but it's fun competing against a.
Speaker 5: Guy like that.
Speaker 2: So you got Judge gushing calling him the goat and in typical fashion. What also makes us think we need to talk about this is Mike Trout puts on a show at Yankee Stadium yesterday, hits two home runs and they still lose the game.
Speaker 1: He has five RBI.
Speaker 2: That's been the meme, the hottest since like memes came out.
Speaker 1: Typical Mike Trout Knight.
Speaker 2: He made his debut in twenty eleven, and the memes since then have been Trout two home runs because it used to be him and Otani. Remember it would always be like Otani and Trout combined for four home runs, eight rbrs and the Angels lose nine to eight, Like that was the joke. And by the way, that was a back and forth game. Yankees won eleven ten on a why pitch to add insult to injury, Like after all that battling and back and forth, the Yankees went out of wild pitch like misery. If I was Trout, I would want to bang my head through a wall. But since he's not banging his head through a wall, complaining, we can't help but ask you and ask each other Fox Sports Radio Nation. Is he okay with this narrative? Is he okay being content with the Angels? Is this sort of the career that he wants to low pressure, not really getting the credit he deserves sort of career you and I have talked about in the world of entertainment, sports, music, reality TV actors, Like when you are in somewhat of the public eye, some people lean into the I want to be the celebrity, the people that tip off TMZ like I'm gonna be here, or the people that want to go to Coachella to show the world I'm here, and the people that go to every award show versus. There are very successful people in the entertainment world that are like, nah, I'm just gonna like my family and be low key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why do you get into sports?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: You could say I get into acting and entertainment because I love the arts.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: We have the sports to win because you're the ultimate competitor, right, That's the name.
Speaker 1: And lifestyle takes a takes a little part of this. I'll give you this. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Anaheim, California. We live in southern California, Los Angeles. If you don't know the landscape, Danny, I rely on ways of GPS.
Speaker 1: How would you even get to Anaheim? The five the five free?
Speaker 2: So you take the five and as you know, the further you go down between Los Angeles and San Diego, it just gets more like beachy and beautiful in my mind, right, there's something about like Anaheim.
Speaker 1: Disneyland's there. It's like there ballpark has like a Disneyland vibe.
Speaker 2: It's like a really low maintenance. It seems like so low key. Maybe he likes flying under the radar, not having people up his ass. Maybe he likes the idea of making one hundreds of millions of dollars and.
Speaker 5: The owner doesn't care about winning.
Speaker 2: The owner said, you think he's okay with seeing guys leave and become uberly successful and win championships. So that's like saying you left the Cavino and Rich show and you became a super duper star and I'm just like super cool with it.
Speaker 1: Like that would be not true. Danny, Danny, do you like Danny? What was the name of the first radio station you worked at.
Speaker 5: K m i X.
Speaker 2: My point is, I'd be happy for you Rich, but I'd also be thinking to myself, like, damn, what am I doing wasting away my talents here?
Speaker 1: You don't you don't care about where Danny first worked at radio.
Speaker 2: I don't think you cared about what I said. Well, you interrupted me my questioning to Danny.
Speaker 1: Carry on? Then, yeah, blamermouth, is there.
Speaker 2: One person possibly that still works there when you work there, because I.
Speaker 5: Know, like in that market, Yeah, probably not at that exact station.
Speaker 2: I started my first real radio station. It was Hot one oh seven nine in Syracuse, and I guarantee there's one person that still works there because they don't necessarily care as much as you would.
Speaker 1: Think about moving up and winning.
Speaker 2: And they're like, you know what, I just like my life here, and I wonder that there has to be something that Mike.
Speaker 1: Trout is like, dude, I got it, man, I'm living I'm living a great life.
Speaker 2: He's thinking, what go to New York, go to Chicago, No thanks, put on the pinstripes.
Speaker 1: That would be cool.
Speaker 2: But then there's pressure, and then all of a sudden, I'm like, oh, Mike Trout playing in New York.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's like, dude, I got a beach house I live. Maybe he lives in Long Beach.
Speaker 2: With a view of the ocean and he just chills, you know. And the constant comparisons. Last night again they were playing the Yankees, the constant comparisons of Mickey Mantle and the type of player he is. I'm telling you, you ask do the mom test. They're like, I heard of Mike Trout. Maybe we're talking a guy with in insane stats. We're talking a guy who they compare to Mickey Mannle. We're talking about a guy who Aaron Judge calls the goat and he's giddy about He's like giggling and giddy about him, and your mom doesn't even know who he is. So it's like, I don't know, man, I don't know what his deal is. Maybe Rich is right, maybe he's okay with this narrative, Maybe he has a comfortable life. But there's a part of me that thinks that he's just a humble dude and he really does want to win. He just doesn't want to be a diva about it and maybe doesn't want to take the steps that of show Hey did to do what he did. But I think that's what you need to do in today's world if you want to win. And I think it's sad because last night he was also part of history.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need some help here because I forget who it was, but he was part of something we might not ever see again in our lifetime. Two former MVPs both hit two home runs last night, Aaron Judge and Mike Trout. And the last time that happened was like in nineteen fifty something. So imagine if you were at that game, you saw history, you saw Aaron Judge hit two bombs, you saw Trent Grishiam hit two bombs too, But you saw Mike Trout hit two bombs. Hasn't been done since night since like Roy Campanella and someone else or something since the nineteen fifties where two MVPs went at it like that and Aaron Judge gets all the credit in the world.
Speaker 1: Again, he's playing for the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Mike Trout doesn't see any of that credit unless you're a hardcore baseball fan.
Speaker 1: That's just the truth.
Speaker 2: And he's got his health back, and that's the difference, and that's why we're talking about it. It's one thing if he was a shell of the Mike Trout he was and ah, yeah, man, we saw the best of Mike Troust. Seems like he's back, dude, seems like he's back, and it seems like he wants it. But what does he actually want? Even when they played great, they scored ten runs last night and lost. My bullpen Is Cheeks.
Speaker 5: Covid was June twenty one, nineteen fifty six. Hall of Famer Stam Musial and Roy Campanella each hit two home.
Speaker 2: That was the last time think of those names, Musual in Campanella, that was the last time we saw two MVPs hit two home runs each in one game. It happened yesterday, and you're like, oh, yeah, Mike, And here's what the world's thinking. Oh yeah, Mike Trout, he's really good. Forgot about that. Oh you forgot about that because kidded a weak ass.
Speaker 1: Angel I hit us.
Speaker 2: Up in Cincinnati and said he went to the game last week they played the Angels, and for a minute he forgot Mike Trout was still in the Angels. Oh yeah, try Mike Trout's on the Angels.
Speaker 1: That's a shame, dude.
Speaker 2: That's especially when we're in this baseball renaissance, like when we're we're talking about baseball constantly, how it is number two now after the NFL, and baseball's popping in baseball, Baseball, baseball, when we're bringing up sho Hel Tani and Aaron Judge all the time. Granted Mike Trout had some injuries, he should have been like right up there in the conversation. But because he plays for the Angels, and because he hasn't sniffed the postseason, he's not in it. And it's a reminder like sometimes you got to leave where you are to make it. People don't want to do that. I never wanted to do that. Actually, I was like, nah, you know, it'll find me successful, find me. I never wanted to leave New York to find you know, any ounce of success. I'm still looking for it. They pay me in meatballs. But maybe that has something to do with it Rich. Maybe he is too comfortable for his own good. But that's where someone needs to pull a Ben Affleck in in uh what was the movie good Will Hunting? Where he has to you know, show some tough someone has to show might trust, some tough love and be like if you come back here, if I see you pull up here again tomorrow. Whatever Affleck says to Matt Damon in the movie, like, hey, do your thing.
Speaker 1: You're too good for this, You're too good for this town.
Speaker 2: You're too good for your You're a great player, You're better than the angels. Someone needs to tell him he needs to get out, he needs to win, because you know what, it's sports rich and his legacy is defined by it. That's just the truth. Yeah, he may be comfortable. He may of course, he makes a great living.
Speaker 1: Guess what.
Speaker 2: Most people in the MLB make a great living. Your legacy is defined by your winning and he's not doing Deadley's squad Nanaheim.
Speaker 6: I was just as I was just across from the stadium a couple of weeks ago. Very nice. I wouldn't want to leave there either. They're not doing anything. Like we had this discussion about when.
Speaker 2: Your existence no was the you ever see a Bronx tail, Sam, I have not. The whole sentiment of the story is the worst thing in life is wasted talent or the saddest thing in life is wasted talent.
Speaker 1: He's the definition.
Speaker 2: He's one of the most talented guys to play in sports, and no one cares.
Speaker 6: He's like, this is my job. I show up, I live here, I love it, and I'm doing my part. I'm doing my part, you know from Starship Troopers, and uh yeah, I don't know, man, It's it's nice down there, but.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 1: It is it is, it is. It is no one when you.
Speaker 6: Have your owner come out and say, you know, you make it family friendly outing, but we don't really care about winning that much.
Speaker 5: That's got to be discouraging.
Speaker 1: This year he's batting.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the average is kind of low this year, but again, two ninety three overall four bombs to last night twelve RBIs. But again, when you listen to him talk, he hasn't been this healthy in years, so he feels like he's completely healthy again and I'd love to see him have a monster season and be in that MVP conversation again. So again we're talking Mike Trout and the question we ask you is, or the statement we pose do you think he's just cool with this narrative? Like he likes being that guy and maybe that's just who he is and he has to be It's I mean, and listen, maybe not everyone is chasing glory. Could you know he has a six year old and a two year old gloe, He lives in arguably one of the more beautiful places in the United States.
Speaker 1: No offense till you know, I would.
Speaker 2: Really hate to be an Angels fan then, you know, because you want to root for people that are trying to win, and you know Dan, well, he ain't winning, but nothing.
Speaker 1: He's loyal.
Speaker 2: Why would an Angels fan be mad at him? He's been loyal to them because every we're not committed to winning.
Speaker 1: How is he not?
Speaker 2: Because you said he's okay that this is his legacy. This guy wants to win, man if I mean, I think in pro sports that should be the goal. That's you just had two opposite things. Why would an Angels fan be mad at him for staying all right?
Speaker 1: A Trout fan, I should say, a Trout fan hut.
Speaker 2: Angel fans could only be like, man, this guy's the most loyal of loyal guys. He's really barred about somebody, like I said, and goodwill hunting, you're like, yeah, Manuti Pirate fans like Skeens go away, like, hey, dude, you don't think I felt bad for like Don Manningly as a kid like Don Madley's great, he needs I wish he would win. I feel bad for the guy that he never won. If you really care about a player and really root for them, yeah, unselfishly like, yeah, he's too good for this.
Speaker 1: We have free will.
Speaker 2: How many times have you seen someone in a miserable relationship and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, well, dad, why do you guys break up?
Speaker 2: And they're never going to because they could complain about it all day, but deep down inside, they're not going to make a change. We like Mike Trout in twenty nineteen, decided to finish his career with the Angels. By signing that twelve year extension, he could have absolutely decided to go anywhere. And anytime there's a trade deadline, you don't think teams are poking around like, hey, what's your story with Trout's Let's not play this game where Mike Trout's like stuck there and poured Mike Traut. Mike trus had every year is in a big Every opportunity is still only thirty four years old. That's why we're saying it's like act now, man, do something now, at.
Speaker 1: Least go for it, no, or is he just cool with the narrative?
Speaker 5: I kind of feel like it's if you guys had stayed at ESPN and your show was just doing okay, the TV show you started before COVID took it out, and it was just doing okay, and it was in a holding kind of in a holding pattern, but you guys kept going and going, and ESPN Radio or whatever entity you were with was kind of the second dog to FSR, which it kind of is it, And you guys still were there, but you had a lot invested in that company and they paid you well and you were the face of them. But you know what I mean, yeah, because of how much you had invested.
Speaker 2: Yet it because it is I said shot would test your loyal The reality is like you know, I re appreciate his loyalty. Then our video, our video guy spot constantly does the whole like what does it all mean?
Speaker 1: Like life?
Speaker 2: Right, I mean it's a bigger question, like what does it all mean? And like you could be like Mike Trout is happy. He has a beautiful wife and two kids, and he lives in a beachy area in southern California. At the end of the day, does the Angels record really mean that much? Like if he likes his life. If he likes his life, then there's there's your reason because he has had every opportunity commute.
Speaker 1: It's not like my trust.
Speaker 2: Don't we don't we all want to see this guy win. Of course, maybe he doesn't mean win and champ win championships. I don't mean win in life because he already won in life. He already won in life.
Speaker 1: Dan Bayer, Danny g everyone in this room.
Speaker 2: I was saying, in every sport, when an athlete wants out, damn byr, what usually happens.
Speaker 1: Look at any NFL player, NBA player.
Speaker 2: They put up a stink, they say some controversial stuff about the owner or coach, which means then they force the hands like, oh, now, he's just it's so out of character for him. So maybe he's just in an awkward situation with that. Brandon Ayuka my forty nine ers didn't even suit up after his contract and just played baby games until, like, I guess he's not on the team anymore. Any NFL players, NBA players are masters at this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look what's been going on with the honest.
Speaker 2: You're honest, look at what For a minute, I know he's back in your team now, but Max Crosby, for a second, it's like I'm gonna go to trampoline to show everyone I'm okay.
Speaker 1: What's up? Raiders.
Speaker 2: Mike Trout lives in a nine point one five million, nine thousand square foot mansion in the gated Harbor Ridge community of Newport Beach, California.
Speaker 1: Now's awful. Purchased in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: I've driven topready that neighborhood didn't let me in.
Speaker 2: It's located roughly twenty miles from Angel Stadium. I think we're getting to the core of the questions. He's really just comfortable and he's got two beautiful kids. His wife seems like a sweetheart. Like Mike Trout's well, like, what do you want to do? He's like, what do you want to do?
Speaker 7: The home?
Speaker 2: The home features panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and a private pool. So yeah, twenty minutes from the stadium. So he's probably like, yeah, why would I want.
Speaker 1: To complicate my life?
Speaker 8: As you mentioned, we're ninety minutes away and a good day of traffic sixty minutes. We met a good day of traffic last week coming back from Legoland. Just driving on the freeway or in Orange County, I'm like, why don't we live down here?
Speaker 1: We're on the freeway? Could you not said it recently to Seal Beach or no? But that was north Oh yeah, Seal Beach.
Speaker 5: And the joke's on us, that is, that's the southern version of the Central Coast.
Speaker 2: Every time you go to these beach towns, we all even when we live in La we say, oh, that's like an hour away.
Speaker 1: Why don't we live there?
Speaker 2: So Mike Trout's living the life so comuno. I think to answer question, which was a great question, perhaps he's like, listen, I would love to win and they keep telling me they're going to build a winner. And much like in Philadelphia, where how many years do we trust the process with the Sixers? Eventually it's like this. You know, I'm losing trust. But sports sports fans want more for the guys, the Angel because he could be one of the goats. Dude, he could be he could really be one of the greats. But instead he's just playing comfortable. Guys, that's not wrong in saying that the Angels have tried to get people just never work. He's never worked out Rendon. That was like a nightmare, Like there's so many moves they made, and.
Speaker 5: You know, you just said the word comfortable. You guys have been saying that. In a quick search of Trout, there's an article that comes up from essentially Sports and they wrote Trout's loyalty is influenced by his personal comfort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think his is loyalty. You know, certain people get in their own way, and we all do in our own way. So it's no criticism, it's we all want more for a Mike Trout. I think his loyalty is getting in his own way. It's again, we're talking sports man. If this is anything else, Yeah, he's comfortable, he's happy. Sports you're defined by winning, and I don't know if you're on a team and you know there's no hope, you're just coasting, You're just you're just hitting home run the collecting. Would you know what the opposite is is is someone going for the team or partner upgrade? Meaning meaning what happened when Chris Pratt got all handsome and he became a leading man.
Speaker 1: You put a poster up in your room.
Speaker 2: Besides that, Oh oh he left Ana Faris and he's like, yeah, I'm I'm I'm the star now. Like I just think that, Uh hey, show look what just look at showhe his career after he left the Angel You know, he's won, He's won MVPs World Series, and he's the face of baseball internationally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what makes it so hard. Would you get me? Don't think that I think that bothers him a little bit?
Speaker 2: Answer this, yes, Would you get mad if Mike Trout went to the Dodgers, the all powerful, Mighty No, I would say a guy like Kim he's earned it like that.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: At this point of his career, sixteen years in, we get it, Mike, You're loyal almost to your own detriment. We get hey, Mike, you're you're the you earn this Matchine Trout in that lineup? I can it would be insane. I would also like to see him on the Yankees. Really, would you think he would want a lot of people, a lot of sentiment bring up Mike come home, because a lot of people think he should have been a Yankee, especially with the Mickey Mantle comparison.
Speaker 1: You see the peach House. Yeah, what does he want to live in a in a brownstone in Brooklyn? You thought, what do you think this guy? You think this guy's you're gonna go the Bronx live on Long Island.
Speaker 6: If Mike Trout has his panoramic views and his incredible neighborhood and all that and great lifestyle, how to he explain someone like Joe Thomas in Cleveland spending his entire career there and they were barely you know, they were barely even you know.
Speaker 5: Competing, never made the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, some people he was there his entire time. Sam some people he did his job really well. My radio analogy is a true one because there's people that'll be like, yeah, I'm gonna be the morning guy and Boise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but dude, you got you can get an opportunity. You could be on in LA or Dall.
Speaker 2: New York or No, I'm cool doing mornings and Boise. And that's how some people operate because they they're happy. They're not chasers like Listen Covino and I've always had aspirations to go after big things.
Speaker 1: Not everyone's like that. I have friends that.
Speaker 2: But contentment is like almost the opposite of the competitive spirit you need in sports, Like they don't go hand in hand. Like we're talking regular careers and professional athletes. I think they're just completely different. Like you can't be content and and and win at the same time, you see what I mean. I feel like they cancel each other out. I have a question for you. I know he's won so many championships so it doesn't matter at this point, but how do you think Steph Curry feels that the final chapter I guess you would say have his career is some like losing lackluster seasons where they're playing in a playing game they're under five hundred.
Speaker 1: Do you think does I think.
Speaker 2: That when you're a professional athlete and you start thinking like that, the writings on the wall that you know it's time to retire. Do you think do you think the great say like when you no longer have that fire and desire and love for the game, when you're not giving it your all, that's when you know you got to hang it up.
Speaker 1: How do you play? I just don't have the fighting gut.
Speaker 2: You don't have the fighting guts, right, So contentment is fine, my contentment in the real world. I'm looking up contentment quotes, like there was a nice one right here. Content is like the killer of a Yeah, but contentment is the only real wealth. Yeah, if you're you know, just living a normal life, if you're playing professional sports, it means it's time to go.
Speaker 1: So speaking, I gotta go. We gotta fixed. We got your feedback on Mike Trout. Is he a loyal dude?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: Is he too content your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Is he happy just chilling in that nine million dollar beachfront man with his beautiful family?
Speaker 1: Do you blame him? We'll talk some Trout, uh.
Speaker 2: Danny GE's got a great story about serbian booty slapping, and we'll play a little game of hypothetical. Diana Racini we have to break down her statement from the athletics. She has resigned based on the oh I thought she signed.
Speaker 1: That's always a confusing map. Did they resign? Those were too close?
Speaker 2: That's so dumb, too different, And of course we'll do last one standing, one of our favorite games all coming up right here on Fox Sports Radio. The NBA Playoffs are here in DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA boosts every game day the whole postseason. When the lights get brightest, the best players in the world show you exactly who they are. Playoffs start turning it up round by round. The DraftKings turns it up too, with a profit boost available every single game day from the first round all the way to the NBA Finals. New sportsbook customers bench is five dollars and if your bet wins, you'll get three hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly download the DraftKings sports book app and use our code. See our show code, see our show. Be ready for the moment that's called see our show. Turn five bucks into three hundred in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings, the Crown is yours.
Speaker 9: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or one eight hundred My reset New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and why Connecticut called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax pass through may apply in Illinois twenty one and over. In most states voided Ontario restrictions apply that must win to receive bonus bets which expire in seven a's minimum ods required. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources see Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Promos Limited time offer.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio and.
Speaker 7: In addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show That's right.
Speaker 10: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube. Again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribed.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to the showgram program known throughout the land as Covino and Rich and let it be known, let me stamp this, let it be know right here nationwide that we're in it to win it. I know we're not professional athletes, but we're talking sports and we're professionals in it to win it. Heart's on fire, burning desire. I'm not staying on the angels bro waking.
Speaker 5: Up at four am tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's why we're filling in for Dan Patrick tomorrow. In it to win it.
Speaker 2: And you gotta imagine that's gotta be inside of Mike Trout, a guy that takes his career to these levels. It doesn't happen by accident. The guy's a winner, he's a competitor. He has to have that burning desire. But I had an ep fany. I went to the bathroom and I had some thoughts that's when you shake when you pinion, and then thought that's called the wasgasm. Had actually had a multiple as guys, it's impressive. I thought to myself, Could it be though? Could it be along with contentment with Mike Trout, because again, he's one of the goats, such a goat that he had Aaron Judge giddy last night, Aaron Judge Kitty.
Speaker 3: He's the greatest. He's the greatest of all time. On the watch his whole career.
Speaker 4: You don't come out at such a young age and instantly just putting yourself at the top of the list. It's special. You know, he's let those boys over there for quite a few years. And just to see him day in and day out show up. I always had some tough injuries over the years, but you know, to see himself put himself back in a better spot this year and every time he comes to the Bronx Man he puts on a show.
Speaker 3: I hate to see it, but it's fun competing against a guy on.
Speaker 2: We had Judge giggling last night. Judge is emotionally, he's a robot monster giddy because he saw the Goat hit two home runs and the Angel still lose. All right, we already said contentment because he has a great life.
Speaker 1: But could it be?
Speaker 2: And I hate to say this because again I me no disrespect that I think he's one of the great.
Speaker 1: I guess what you're gonna say? What is it? Something Rocky once sat to Adrian, Yes, I'm afraid of right, Like, could it be?
Speaker 2: That he just does I wrote, I wrote this down. Does he just not want the heat? Does he just not like the pressure?
Speaker 1: Is he just afraid?
Speaker 2: Because then I saw his postseason stats three games in twenty fourteen, twelve at bats, one hit, one home run. He batted zero eighty three in the twenty fourteen Alds And let's not forget he also struck out to lose to WBC. The last time the US was in the championship, he struck out against Joheyo Tani the game. Maybe Mike Trott has great plans every October and he doesn't want to, you know, mess with that. Could it be a guy who's such an ultimate competitor just doesn't want the heat and the pressure of those moments.
Speaker 1: It could be scary Or is he scary loyal? Or is he just scary loyal?
Speaker 2: Like when when we're reminded last night that this dude is one of the goats and we see him put on a show with five RBI, can't help but speculate why is he still there? That's all yep, and Rich came up with the conclusion, maybe he just likes the narrative. Maybe he likes that narrative because it makes him look like loyal. And no one's ever bashing my trout if anything, like, no, dude, no one's talking about what I'm saying. When they do, it's never like anything other than Trout's a stud and he's stuck there like it's almost like it's never negative about it. Please, please, please, we're not radio blowhards. I never wanted to come across like we're talking smack. I admire the guy greatly. I wish he was on the Yankees, I really do.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: It's not coming from a place of what a loser. That's not who I am or who we are at all.
Speaker 2: And I hate idiots like that on the radio because truthfully, all these guys talking smack from a negative place would be kissing the ass of my trout.
Speaker 1: Let that be clear.
Speaker 2: There's so many people that are such smack talkers, especially in sports radio. I want to karate kick all of them.
Speaker 1: You know, you know who might have some fun perspective.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning when we fill him for DP, we are going by our good pal coach coach ball game. Coach ball game. What a guy who at a boy at a boy. He's a great dude, works with kids around the country. I know he's been working with Bobby wit Junior and Derek Jeter, traveling the country talking to kids, and uh, he's a big baseball guy.
Speaker 1: Dude, look in the grand Scheme of life.
Speaker 2: He won the lottery. He's a winner, he's a goat. He's made his millions, he's living a dream life.
Speaker 1: We get all that. It's just that we want more from for for the dude.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 1: But maybe he's like, God, I'm good, guys, we want him to who do we got, Danny.
Speaker 5: Let's talk to Gus in Los Gatos, California.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's up, gus.
Speaker 11: Hey, fellows love the show. Just a question for you. When you think of Mike Trout in the month of October, where do you associate.
Speaker 2: Him with the most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like this, it's a crickets like Sam played, non assistent.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Philadelphia. He's at the Link every Sunday in October. He needs to go back to the Phillies or the Yankees, go to the Northeast, be under the spotlight and deliver.
Speaker 2: And I mean that sounds like a great plan for him. But he's thinking, yeah, no, I'm good. Maybe he cannot handle pressure. Maybe that Billy Joel song gives him nightmare.
Speaker 1: That Billy Joel song is frantic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Man, Billy Joel talks about how that song is designed to sound frantic and it is, you know, pressure by Billy Joel. I was Sam, maybe we'll hear it coming back. It's gonna tease, Sam, don't tease me. Let's go to d BE for an update. Damn fire, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man gets to wait seven minutes?
Speaker 1: I know, wait on coming up? Don't you just think like want more for and from the guy or no, you don't care.
Speaker 5: I think that there's something to that.
Speaker 8: It's interesting because I just think of like Ray Bork when he played all those years for the Boston Bruins and then left and wont to Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche, and Bruins fans were cheering for him, you know, like it was you know, they were so happy that he finally got a cup though it wasn't theirs, And that's a very passionate fan base, and so like, I would think that would have been even less likely in a situation like that, like if you're Ray borking'bout like, Hey, I'm a lifelong Bruin. I didn't win a Cup, but I you know that would be awesome. Like I don't think there's tons of Cachet being like a lifelong angel.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, And can I just say, like last year watching the Blue Jays battle Danny G's Dodgers, I'm like, just win one for don Manningly, I don't care for somebody Yankees. Come on, Donnie, Baseball needs to win something. Yeah, And I bet you if Trout ever found his way to a World Series with someone else, the narrative would.
Speaker 1: Be like, come on for Trout.
Speaker 8: Yes, absolutely. I don't think his performance would even matter. I think it's just getting to that point.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 8: We'll get to just a couple of baseball notes in a second, but first couple of big stories of the day. NFL reporter Diana Rossini, similar to resignation from the Athletics, she released a statement saying she has no interest in feeding into quote speculation that is simply unmoored from the facts.
Speaker 5: End quote.
Speaker 8: It was a week ago that it paid six reports showed her with Patriots head coach Mike Vrabel at an Arizona report a resort that is. Russini revealed that her contract with the Athletic was set to expire on June thirtieth. However, the Athletic will continue their investigation into the matter despite her resignation. Former Michigan and Football culture On More sentenced to eighteen months of probation after planning no contest to two misdemeanors today stemming from his interaction in December with his former staffer and former mistress. More also had to pay a one thousand dollars fine but will serve no jail time. Brewers placed outfielder Christian Yelich on the injured list with a strained groin. Jackson Holiday is going to miss a few days with a sore wrist for the Orioles. Spencer Strider expected to make a rehab start for the Braves coming up. On Thursday twenty seventeen, Masters champion Sergio Garcia issued an apology for his poor behavior which resulted in a Code of conduct warning. During Sunday's final round of the Masters Champions League quarterfinals, Barcelona out losing to Atletico Madrid three to two on aggregate PSG top Liverpool four nil to advance to the Champion League Semis Guys, Back to.
Speaker 2: You, Spencer Strider one of the best mustaches in baseball. Yes, sweet Stash, Thank you, dB. Now, hey, coming up, I have a thought about one final thought about Mike Trout. We will talk about this Diana Rossini statement. I think there's I have a theory on why she released the statement.
Speaker 1: The way it is.
Speaker 2: I feel like she still believes in her story, which she believes she's done nothing wrong, and there's a reason why she did the statement the way she did.
Speaker 1: So okay, we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: Plus, we're gonna talk about serbian booty slapping, NBA playing games, and of course we'll play last One Standing.
Speaker 1: All coming up right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the NBA, the NBA playoffs are right here, and DraftKings sports Book is an official sports betting partner of the NBA. Right now, I use Promo code cr show to claim your special offer at DraftKings again, Promo codes cr show for Coveno on Riche At Draftkanks the crown is yours? Can you bet on a Brazilian butt slapping? Serbian butt slappings?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Hey, listen.
Speaker 2: Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends and making the necessary adjustments.
Speaker 1: Is what you do to reach the ultimate goal.
Speaker 2: Investing deserves the same approach, and with wee bowl you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions, whether you are actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more. We're planning for the long term, you got kids, You're doing custodial accounts, iras, cast management. We bill gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform. Looking to take your preparation to the next level, check out wee Bowls learn resources and join their in app community feed to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now. To help streamline your trading activitis and elevate your strategy, you can try Vega that's wee Bol's personal market AI assistant. You got real time analysis, watch list, insights and alerts when earning drops. So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bol app today or visiting wee bul dot com.
Speaker 6: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk.
Speaker 1: For more information, visit wee bule dot com. Slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Maybe every time trout gets in the batter's box during the postseason, he hears this song and he goes, oh no, oh.
Speaker 1: No, oh no thanks.
Speaker 2: His postseason numbers that one time in twenty fourteen weren't that stellar.
Speaker 1: But again, I'm not talking smack. I'm just saying, what could it be? His loyalty? You know it is rich.
Speaker 2: It's like my last marriage, right, Like I needed to be forced out of that. My loyalty was getting in my way. Yeah, you would have tried anything. I was trying too hard to be a loyal, good guy and it wasn't working to my benefit. Someone needs to take Mike Trout by the ear. You'm like, dude, you're too good for this.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. Is that it like Goodwill hunting? Like Goodwill Hunting and Steve Canino's x Y. Yes, same thing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm serious because I don't want to sound mean. We're just saying he's too good for this. If you were reminded last night, you know, someone pointed out on our feedback that Mike Trout has one postseason home run. Yeah, would you argue that's a really cool piece of memorability if you happen to be the fan.
Speaker 1: That is like Yeah, I have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is I think it is the one because he's the guy that that Yeah, he went there once and not again. The stat was no postseason since twenty fourteen and not a winning season since not a winning season since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Then it's dan Byer's extincts.
Speaker 2: As Dan Byer said, people would root for a Mike Trout if he went to have that one moment is a prize possession because look at how people did feel good for Look at the NFL when Matthew Stafford labored away in Detroit and we saw how Hardy played injured and just you know, flinging and slinging the ball every Sunday, just would always come them up. Short goes to the Rams, wins the super Bowl, and everyone felt good for Matthew Stafford. All right, So Mike Trout, we wish you the best. You reminded us that you're one of the best. Last night, Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studios, time for our Tirack play of the day. The Yankees won a wild one last night.
Speaker 1: Ten ten ball game.
Speaker 7: Pitch from Romano taking down Low gets away from Ohackey walking whom is coming here?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: What the winning run.
Speaker 5: Eleven ten final Yankees went in the five.
Speaker 1: Dame, losing straight. You had a back and forth.
Speaker 2: You had Trout with two home runs and five RBI, you had Judge with two home runs and the Angel still lose. As courtesy of Yankees Radio Network, that's our tyrac play of the Day. For over forty years, Tyrak's been helping customers find the right tires for how and where they drive their ship fast and free back by free road hazard Protection, ti iraq, convenient installation options like mobile tire insallation the way tire bink should be at tiraq dot com. I have one microut question that we will certainly move on. Hold on, Rich, we haven't heard a damn thing about your night last night. Oh I was, how do we get to all this baseball stuff? And we don't hear about your Hello Kiddy night man?
Speaker 1: Did you get your sweatshirt? Did you get rained on? I got my Hello Kitty shirt? There was no rain.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful night. I was actually gonna say, okay, I am, I am get this oh and seven bringing my kids to Mets games.
Speaker 1: You're the mush and Sam you beat me to the punch. I was just about to say sorry.
Speaker 2: The weekend of May, first, the Mets are going down to Anaheim, opportunity to see Mike Trout in his prime and to.
Speaker 6: Break yeah the record or or do I say no? You exercise the demons because you have a chance to do it, like the team has to win, or.
Speaker 5: It means the Angels will be on a wind streak.
Speaker 2: Like if I say, all right Friday night, May first tell my wife, hey, babe, meet me at work right after the show, and we'll go straight down to Anaheim, Like Damn Bayer said, a good hour and have two hours, but we'll get different game time Friday night.
Speaker 5: May first try three hours in traffic.
Speaker 1: Mets Angels, you think I will make it, I'll make first pitch. It's not three hours, isn't. Don't make me hated that much?
Speaker 5: Daddy?
Speaker 1: Would you go down? Or would you be like guys, Rich, you're just terrible luck. Don't do it? Yeah, right, your Mets to lose, oh win seven?
Speaker 5: You gotta go, you gotta do it. Exercise of demons.
Speaker 1: Rich is the real life Eddie Montenero, a mush for his Mets. That's true. Right, we have more CNR next right here,