Speaker 1: Call it what it is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington an iHeartRadio podcast. Well Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: Short and Sweet, Shorty and Sweetie, it's harder sweating.
Speaker 3: Hello, call it Crewe we have another episode for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, just the Short and Sweet again. Okay, let's just I'm just get letting you into my musical taste. That's Sabrina Carpenter album now that it's dropped. I love it. I love it, love it, love it. I'm just gonna share with you, share. I'm gonna share with you the little thing that I want to say. Sabrina, you are fucking great. I love you, I love it. I actually I can't tell you. Last time then an album came out and I loved as many songs on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe Tyler.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I have children that are eight, twelve, and thirteen, Sabrines. Can we can we talk about your lyrics? So I do mean, I love that you're so horny and yes, girls scream that from their rooftops.
Speaker 3: Well I guess really, this isn't.
Speaker 1: For you, Sabrines. This is for me. I need to check. I need to get a clean version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the problem is is the non clean versions are better.
Speaker 1: Of course they are because they're naughty and spicy.
Speaker 4: I know I've played Please Please Please in the Car with Hayden a few times and there's the whole part that's like the mother the girl, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just on that part, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Well there's a there's a refrain that is just like explative after explative after explative, and it's like, really truly, I think it's like like it's got like a four repeat situation. And by the time we got to the third when I was like.
Speaker 3: Okyokie, I can't You're like a long all right, I.
Speaker 1: Can't sneeze my way through this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need the BBS album for the school run.
Speaker 1: Which and by the way, the hero song for me right now is Taste, And I think that if you use your imagination you can think about what taste might mean. Not of your cherry Coca cola, not a little.
Speaker 5: Siy you sound so old out of your cherry Coca cola, which was shocking to me.
Speaker 3: I was very confused.
Speaker 1: It's not just a little lock of your lollipoo.
Speaker 3: Well, I was, what is happening? It's not a ring pop.
Speaker 1: Gosh, this is These are the times when it doesn't feel like a job to talk to you, Kimilla. I know sense that there's a job situation happening. Okay, So I love this topic so so so much because it's actually it has imparted a phrase that is one of my favorites to use in conversation and actually very effectively into disagreement, which is, what are the tiny hills that we will die on?
Speaker 3: Die protect?
Speaker 1: What are the things that you were like, I am willing to die on this hill rather than let you do this, stay over, do this.
Speaker 4: Stay over do this thing. The call It Crew we have been peeing our pants a little bit because the call It crew send us the best submissions for this, and so we're just going to get it.
Speaker 3: We're going to get into it because I have opinions on some of these myself that you guys sent in. Okay, so let's take it one by one.
Speaker 4: Great you start, Okay, I'm glad I'm reading this one because I have my own feelings. I know this is controversial and I need your lady's thoughts, but pineapple does belong on pizza one Ella.
Speaker 3: I agree. I don't know why it's controversial.
Speaker 1: I don't either actually, but to me, I've only ever seen it represented as hand in hand with ham. Right, it's pineapple and ham.
Speaker 4: It's so good because it doesn't love that combo a little sweet.
Speaker 1: Like ketchup on your taco.
Speaker 3: It's a git. I know. Jess is already the plugging the brand that's about to be released.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a hot tickets.
Speaker 1: Our next emission comes from someone who shall remain nameless.
Speaker 3: Okay, anonymous.
Speaker 1: If you and your significant other are on a break, you're allowed to hook up with other people during that time. Again, I love it when you're anonymous. It's so obvious why you're anonymous.
Speaker 4: You're clearly this person is already it's in the middle of a hookup on a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, writing this with their right hand the back of someone else's head.
Speaker 3: This is fine, Oh man, I have. This is a tough one. This is a toughie.
Speaker 1: It's so situational, I think. I mean, if you're going black, if you're going black and white, like just right wrong, I feel like I would land on. Oh, you're right, it is tough.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think, here's what I think. You can't I go on a break and like two days later. If you're in a serious relationship just lasts a long time, you can't go on a break and like the next day hook up. There has to be a period of time, like a buffer on your break that doesn't feel like you're just like out at your cruising bone Town the moment the relationships ended, like you're in the bone Town convertible and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, who's up? Like can we just can we sit on the porch for a second. That's what I reel like.
Speaker 1: Watching the bones go by.
Speaker 4: Just let the bones go by and then you can find them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that there's a buffer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that feels right. That feels right.
Speaker 4: It also has to be like a very clear agreement if you go on to break, like what's okay and what's not?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Wait, I mean, but maybe I want to say this, Maybe I want to say that I don't I think you don't hook up when you're on a break. I think you hook up when you've decided that you're broken, like we're done. There's no because also just think about it. Okay, let's say you get that convertible and you put the top down. In your head into Bonetown and something happens and you bone someone else, and then you get back together with the one that you were just on a break with. Do you have to by the way, okay, here's another question.
Speaker 3: Do you do you have to vuld that? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I do think that you don't. Here's what I think. This is a hill I will die on. I think that if you break up with someone, you don't owe it to necessarily.
Speaker 3: Tell them what happened during that breakup time. But if they ask, I think that you have a right to be, like, you know what, we were broken up.
Speaker 4: But I know if you've like gone I mean, if you've gone banged other people like I think you owe them a clean bill of health moving forward. But otherwise I don't think you have to list the names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm gonna go to what Richard has written in, which is speakerphone and FaceTime are not meant for use in public. Richard, you and I are from the same tribe. No, of course, these people that walk around in the aisles of Target on full volume speaker are out of their minds.
Speaker 4: I you disagree, I've done a speakers.
Speaker 1: Camela Letting, Gene you're walking down the aisles.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I've done a speaker.
Speaker 1: I can take your phone.
Speaker 3: Stop it. Sometimes it's easier for my hands to do a speaker.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is. Sometimes I need I know, hill, I will die on but I and yet I do it to you. Is you can't just FaceTime someone out of the blue.
Speaker 1: I think you're wrong on this one, but.
Speaker 3: I will still. I will continue to do it to you.
Speaker 1: No, and I love when you do it to me. And here's FaceTime I do and I because guess what again, you have choice, the other person has choice. You can FaceTime someone randomly out of nowhere, and a person can look at the call coming in and accept or decline. It's very consensual. It's set up to be that way.
Speaker 4: It's only like a very small handful of people I would accept it from, And there's other people that I'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, what in the are you doing? How dare you?
Speaker 1: That's how the kids feel about voicemails, by the way, Oh really yeah, yeah, if you leave them a voicemail. Truly, First of all, I'm surprised. I don't even actually think that they understand how the function works, like they something pops up and they're like, what the fuck is this a voicemail? Someone left a message? Yeah, because they just send each other voice memos, which we did the other day.
Speaker 3: We had a little voice memo situation the other day, me and you, my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, that was very funny, talk about the performers, and we had a full back and forth the voice memo situation where we played characters.
Speaker 3: We could have called each other, but we didn't.
Speaker 1: No, we played characters.
Speaker 3: We did, we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun. Okay, hit me with your favorite let's go, let's go one up.
Speaker 4: Well, Mariam, summer is the best season, hands down, doesn't matter how hot it gets.
Speaker 3: We would never be friends, Miriam.
Speaker 4: We would never work out as friends because everyone knows the answer is fall.
Speaker 3: It's just a fact.
Speaker 6: Fall.
Speaker 1: And say more why Fall? I mean, I know.
Speaker 3: Because I do I need to?
Speaker 1: Well it does. You can say one word, say the one word that makes worth it.
Speaker 3: Halloween.
Speaker 4: But also but it's not just Halloween though. There's like coziness, there's magic in the air, like I'm I fully embrace my basic bitch and fall. I can love a pumpkin spice coffee situation. I love the coast, you know, it's like ninety degrees outside in La right now. I'm like, let's make a soup, you know.
Speaker 3: Like I'm I just love the whole feeling of it. M what do you feel you're during your well?
Speaker 1: Now that I've moved to the East Coast, I prefer my favorite My favorite seasons are fall and spring. Spring. Spring snuck up on me.
Speaker 3: Man, oh man, really I don't care for spring.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you don't live in these kinds on the East Coast. Literally, there's like dirt somewhere like one day and the next day there's a sing like beautiful green bush flower situation that you're like, where did that come from? And did magic make that happen? And then you realize it's no, it's nature. Nature made it happen.
Speaker 3: Nature made it happen.
Speaker 1: Random it all the time. Not you, but me.
Speaker 3: I am yeah, no, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's okay, So okay this one.
Speaker 1: My kids and I get into real, real tussles over this one. Eden wrote it and said, movies in the theater should have subtitles. No, they should not, nor should all the screens that you're watching. Why are you all putting subtitles on? Because it drives me crazy, and I always look at the words instead of looking at the faces of the people that are performing in the thing. And so if you wanted to, if you wanted to read it, would then get a book.
Speaker 3: Go get a book.
Speaker 4: I think I'm so glad that your ears work perfectly, Jessica.
Speaker 3: Some of us don't have that oxious.
Speaker 1: Was I just behaving in a very man so.
Speaker 4: Obnoxious, No, I agree. I don't think they all need to have subtitles. I do agree that there should be an option for it, though I don't have. Gen Z does is known for loving subtitles and everything, and I don't think that they it's because of any sort of like heart of hearing hearing last situation. I like them on certain shows. There are times when everyone was whispering on Game of Throne when I would not have no like regular shows. I don't know what they're saying. They're like, no, well, there's a lot of whisper actors.
Speaker 3: There's whispers.
Speaker 4: But I do think that there should be an option in the movie theater, Yes, subtitle option. I would not take the option, but I imagine there are many people that would. Jamie, I will never do elf on the shelf for my kids. I will die on this small elfless hill.
Speaker 1: You know what good for you, Jamie, because you there's a particular terror that invades your life for the period of time that, as a parent, you are responsible for moving the shelf every night under.
Speaker 3: The cover of night.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, and the feeling you and you wake up in the morning and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, I is not moving.
Speaker 1: I didn't move it or when and you're too late and they see it in the same place again and you spin some ridiculous lie.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so here's what I do.
Speaker 4: I think elf on the shelf is super annoying because they cannot touch the elves is technically the rule, right, and so it's just working sat there and then it's like your job. Are elves have ingested a certain magique that allows them to be touched, thrown, hugged.
Speaker 5: Talk about boundaryless behavior, They have no ur l's. We've got boundaryless elves sent to us, and I'm so grateful because the truth is is that when they come, the kids play with them non stop, so I actually like the elves. And when they don't move, then we know it's been a particularly snowy trip back to the North Pole and it would be dangerous to travel, and therefore that's why they haven't moved. Oh, that's why you can't travel and it's certain weather.
Speaker 3: Okay, next, next, next, Okay.
Speaker 1: So James wrote in and said accountability is not cancel culture. Holding someone accountable for their actions doesn't mean that they are canceled. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Agree, Yeah, that's not I think that's a hell that a lot of time. Jennifer said, Christmas needs to stay.
Speaker 3: It's lane.
Speaker 4: I don't need to be bombarded by Santa when I'm trying to enjoy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Jennifer, No, yeah, I'm okay with Santa Thanksgiving. Actually, I'm okay with Santa that like the actual literal day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I decorate. I decorate the the weekend after. Yeah, yeah, we get that treat. Yeah, I'm okay with this.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's okay with that too. She's not being specific. Just finish Thanksgiving and then you got and then you get Santy.
Speaker 3: Oh Justin, oh, Justin red Justin's oh oh.
Speaker 1: He says that a hot dog. Jackson says that a hot swag is a san.
Speaker 3: Dam Justin, You're wrong, it's not you're wrong with hot dog. It's a hot swag, Avery Jackson.
Speaker 4: Avery Avery said PDA is not cute, nor should it be acceptable anywhere. I like a little bit of PDA Sometimes I think it's totally a switch here in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smooth cheese are cute.
Speaker 3: We don't need to fall on you know, there's going to be grinding, But like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, but a little cute like tap on the bottom from someone who has said that that's an acceptable form of affection is a cute little thing to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm laughing at that.
Speaker 1: Can I get you specific?
Speaker 3: No, I'm already laughing at Maxines. Okay, Maxines? Oh yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Maxine wrote in and she said clapping at the end of a flight makes you a dork. I only speak the truth. I really thought about this one, probably for longer than I was probably necessary. Maxine. I agree with you. I do. I agree with you. And I've thought of the times that I've ever clapped upon landing, which have been very few and far between. I remember them being a celebration of life because I've only ever clapped when it was like a rough landing and we got to the ground and I.
Speaker 3: Was like yes, we made it. Yeah, we made it.
Speaker 4: I remember this one like comment on this, so that's made me laugh. And it's like, why are we flying? It's that person's job to literally get us there safe, Like why are we Like, that's their job, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, but they don't control wind patterns, and sometimes it's a little you don't know.
Speaker 4: I yes, I listen. I you may see me on a flight clapping once in a while. Yeah, I hate flying. Wilson says, Tuna is good. Tuna sandwiches are good, Tuna salad is delicious.
Speaker 3: Agree. I love a tuna melk too.
Speaker 4: Sure, you know what, though it depends how it travels. You can't travel with a tuna.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. Soggy tuna is an immediate experience.
Speaker 3: It's an immediate experience.
Speaker 1: Lenai, Oh, this is a good one. Cheating on someone emotionally is just as bad as cheating on them physically.
Speaker 4: I agree, you do, because I disagree, say more just as bad, you know what.
Speaker 1: I sorry, I just in just to see where I'm coming from. I put myself in the position of someone doing it to me.
Speaker 4: I think, yes, yes, By the way, emotional cheating is really hard because it means that there's feelings there, right, and you could physically cheat and there not be like feelings there.
Speaker 3: However, I feel like physical cheating, I don't know, this is a hard one. I want to hear from you guys.
Speaker 4: I feel like physical cheating takes more effort.
Speaker 1: Almost physical cheating takes more effort. Maybe well yeah, because I mean, listen, physical cheating is cheating. It's just cheating, like you're like, you're not getting around the fact that you cheated. I just think that emotional cheating can be I think it. I think that people can say I didn't cheat because I didn't physically do anything, and yet there's still a piece of betrayal there. It may not be full.
Speaker 4: But her thing is, yes, for sure that I agree with that. But her thing is is it's just as bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but I can say so. I had someone who I discovered it's like quintessential you discover texting. Oh yeah, And I was like, what the what? So it was over it was over messaging and I read the whole thing, and I can tell you that my feeling was at what absolutely felt like cheating. And then I mean, obviously I didn't know yet, so I hadn't talked to them about it, So I just like was imagining, and my imagining was pretty bad. But I gotta tell you, like I can remember like the lump in my throat and like I had a tightness in my chest. Yeah, when I read it, and I can tell you that it felt it felt like there would always be a before. I saw that and an after in our relationship. Like the betrayal was strong enough for me to feel like mm hmm ouch.
Speaker 3: Like oh yeah, like deep deep deep ouch.
Speaker 1: So when it's like, is it as that, I mean again, it's a spectrum, right, obviously, right, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Cheating is Oh god, oh it's just the worst. It's the worst. Okay.
Speaker 4: I have another tiny hill I would die on is to do with decor. I don't think that you can hang on the wall like your entire wedding album, because it's.
Speaker 1: The wedding was like eighteen years ago.
Speaker 3: When the wedding was eight.
Speaker 4: I think you can have like a you know, a couple of pictures, but some people treat it like a Vogue spread that they need to blow up on a wall. I think there are some I think there's a difference between bedroom pictures and living room. You know, people walking around your house pictures. Yeah, I mean some stuff needs to.
Speaker 3: Be in the boudoir.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have one. Okay, go Christmas lights up after January first.
Speaker 4: Ooh, January first, Yeah, okay, January fifth.
Speaker 1: I'll give you five days take them down. Take them down, because, again speaking to our earlier tiny hill, if they're up the day after Thanksgiving, then they got to come down in January.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree, and I do see some lights lingering close to February.
Speaker 1: Oh, my kids will tell you that.
Speaker 3: I get crazy.
Speaker 1: I get super annoyed driving through neighborhoods where there's still and I feel so bad. A friend of mine lives across the street, A front of mine lives across the street from from the house that has year round Christmas light.
Speaker 6: No, no, I don't know how she hasn't, under the cover of night, sneaky sneaked in there and cut some lines.
Speaker 3: Well, she's gonna know. Now if your light suddenly.
Speaker 1: A little snippy snip is what? Whatever? From me? Oh God?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are going to we should we should continue. This is I think this will make this a series. Hills, you will die on.
Speaker 4: Continue writing us, and every I know we have some of the series we want to do.
Speaker 3: Continue writing us because tell us fun and it's making us think of the Hills. We will die on, all right, Jessica, you call it this was fun?
Speaker 1: Yes, please, let's call it. The end of the episode, kid taking his seat and tapped in the street.