Speaker 1: I was checking out some of your recent tiktoks, but like on the thrifting side of things, when you were talking about rag houses and stuff, I was like, a rag house is that just like a spot that just has just containers full of garments basically that you, like you were saying, you just feel for like, it's so much like I have to trust my sense of feeling to know if this is worth pulling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. It's like a giant warehouse and they the clothes are often moved around on forklifts and then they're bailed together in plastic wrap and stored, and then they'll pull some bales down and sometimes they'll organize them into like these giant cardboard stand up things, right, so you dig through them by garment type, and it's just so much clothing. Yeah, and you're literally like sometimes you can't see. I'm little, so sometimes I'm like upside down in the bin digging.
Speaker 1: Right, Like yeah, like a bear digging in the trash or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's exactly it. Yeah, but it could be dangerous, Like a guy here in La died in a raghouse a couple of years ago. Yeah, are you just.
Speaker 3: Carried by all the vintage clothing. No, yes, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's really unsafe. The environment's a factory setting, you know. So he was pulling in a bin and I guess a whole bunch of clothing fell on him. And it was the worker's lunch break at the time, and he was there alone. So yeah, he suffocated in a pile of clothing over hours. Nobody knew he was in there, so you have to like go in with like a buddy. It's like pretty intense.
Speaker 3: People really don't It's like a breathing apparatus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're on the front line.
Speaker 1: Also, just blew my mind that there's even a spike the way You're like, yeah, rag houses, I'm like, what a rag house? Like? That's his terminus was talking about my favorite.
Speaker 3: Type of music, Scott Joplin set to.
Speaker 1: A house beat, old rag time, old rag house, old male rag. Yeah, but with a with a hard drug step drop on it.
Speaker 2: You've heard of lo fi house, but this is the new thing rag.
Speaker 1: Exactly, just rag house.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three thirty six, Episode three of J Daly's Eye Guys Day production of iHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share catchness.
Speaker 1: And it is Wednesday, May first, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy birthday, Happy eighth to my eldest, Oh, eight years old, eight years say you believe it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I believe I can't. I mean, I remember when he were just a young babe and now a.
Speaker 3: Full blown a mere young babe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm mere young babe. Also May first is National Skilled Trades Day. Shout out the skilled trades up, but people who are the trades out there, National Interpreter Appreciation Day. It's also May Day, School Principles Day, Law Day, National Chocolate Parfe Day, National Mother Goose Day. Oh, this one's fucking grim dude, National loyal T Day. And it's a bunch of hands high fiving above of an American flag. I think that was probably brought to us by the National Endowment for Democracy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, wow later, amazing. Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka I'm the worst. Pick let me murk, get I put my dog down. Flip in the reverse with It's different now. That is courtesy of Salvador Jolly god Teer aka. About the Christy Nome controversy, not really a controversy. I guess that basically everyone in the world is like, that's fucked up. Man, You're you're a fucked up person. Crime against life and joy? Christiome crime against life and joy.
Speaker 1: Maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, shout out to Salvador Jolly for a very good AKA. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Gray s Miles Gray AKA Miles Where you getting them shoes at? Are you tying them? Shout out to auschwitz A on Twitter because you're talking about just are you tying your shoes? Do you slip them on? Do you slip them off? Do you have tie them so they have the appearance of being tied but are easy to slip off? And yeah, I am tying them, but I could slide right out of them, because that's that's just the middle point you'd like to find with a shoe.
Speaker 3: I tie my shoes exactly once per pair, and then they never when I get on time. Yeah, unless I get shoes to like run in or something, then I have to like actually tie them so they don't like fallow off.
Speaker 1: Something where you're doing something like if I'm going like on a hike or something, I will tie my shoes because I can't have the shit's just flopping off at a moment's notice.
Speaker 3: But my comfort shoes I do only tie once I gauge it. I do the slide and slide out test. And yeah, anyways, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a TikTok superstar, author of the memoir I Survived Capitalism and all I got was this lousy T shirt. Please well come back to the show pendle time.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm so happy to hear.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me. We had a good time last time.
Speaker 2: I'm right, I'm all right. Can complain, I mean I can complain. I love to complain, but I won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get that, but that's a good way to actually say things. I'm like, I can't do you want me to complain? We can do it. We can do like we can just name anything. I'll complain right now, Bud, you know me, you get me, Yeah, exactly, No, no, no, I think we're all in a state of I have a lot to say, but do you want me to because I can't. If not, we can just let's just we can make things nice for now. Yeah, for sure, for sure, what's new with you? Anything new? What I think? Last time I remember you were like, I gotta go, I got a photo shoot. I was like, we're not getting the way of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Lots of worst stuff. The newest thing that I've got going on is I'm doing the second leg of my book tour, so that's exciting. We have some dates booked in Philadelphia and Brooklyn for May, as well as Santa Cruz, California. So if anybody out there wants to come to a little book signing book reading, they're pretty fun. The first like book tour, we had like three hundred people at every single one. Some of the locations have to like move us because so many people showed up. So it was a good time. And I'm really excited to do Philadelphia because I feel a kindred connection with the Philly folk. You know, I follow the gritty Twitter, Like what else? How much more connected to Philadelphia could I be?
Speaker 3: At a maximum level of connected you can be to Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: Yeah, to follow their hockey mascot social media? I really think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, pretty excited about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gotta be fun, got to be Do you have any roots in Philadelphia. We're just talking about this yesterday though, Like there's a lot of people who like kind of claim Philadelphia, even though like I being one of them, Like my family is from Philadelphia, but I've never lived there, particularly from Philly. Yeah, but I'm like I have like Philly sports allegiances and yeah, weird Philly just pride, even though Okay, yeah I have.
Speaker 2: None of that. You have way more of a reason to feel connected to Philadelphia then I do. The only reason I feel connected to Philadelphia is the same way I feel connected to like half of Florida and all of Arizona and most of New Jersey, which is that I'm from Fresno, California, and it's a place where, like we solve conflicts by throwing punches first and then buying someone a drink afterwards. And I think that this is kind of the energy that a good like twelve percent of the country has, and Philadelphia is one of those places. So I feel at home when I'm there because I'm like I understand socially the dynamics at place you know, right right right feels like these places, Yeah, it's like a snooky positive environment. If there's a place you could just pluck Snooky and put her there, and everyone would be like, that feels normal. This is like some sort of it's like a dark lay line connection of some kind between us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you call ahead, You're like, is it a dog friendly environment? Snooky survive there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what I want to know before I go into anywhere. And I can confidently say Snookie would survive in Philadelphia, be cherished and a beloved icon.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, truly.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. We're gonna talk about just the continued fallout from South Dakota Governor Christy Nome's chapter from her upcoming book where she made it clear that she has no soul and and what that has wrought on her political career. Donald Trump has been fined nine thousand dollars for violating gag orders, which did not seem like a significant story except for the fact that the judge has also mentioned the possibility of lake and if you keep fucking up, there might be another punishment.
Speaker 1: Is he doing a Biden red line with Netanyahu kind of version is.
Speaker 3: Like you better not you keep doing it, as Biden threatened to put net and Yahou in prison, because that's no.
Speaker 1: Not yet. I guess it's the next escalation.
Speaker 3: I'll put you in prison, man.
Speaker 1: Butshipments will keep will continue. But are you are you be in trouble, bro, But I'm not gonna do anything. Yeah, I'd love to see that play out.
Speaker 3: We will talk about Dave and Busters is introducing more gambling, but like real gambling with money at David Busters instead of like Dave and Busters tickets or whatever the fuck they had going on for it, right people, Yeah, now add a new level of anxiety to a place that has multiple children's birthday parties going on, add like gambling addicts losing their life savings.
Speaker 1: To alongside yeah, some kids who are just trying to play, like yeah, I think whenever it's that thing called hockey. What's on the table air hockey? Wow?
Speaker 3: Hockey yeah yeah, key bar oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's where yeah people are down. Oh my god. Wow. So you can put money on the line, lose it all, lose it all, baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Introduce your children early to what it's like to go to Las Vegas and just witness ambient destruction of people's lives.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I could gamble on ski ball games, I think I'd be into it. Like what if the adults could go in? I can't. I'm gonna wait for the segment. But I'm imagining as an adult, I can walk in, see some kids playing ski ball and place my bets on who I think is gonna take it home.
Speaker 1: You know that's smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you have to be betting on yourself or like one other friend, but yeah, you could, I guess, get into a contest with a child and be like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm not above that.
Speaker 1: I'm not a money exactly what your birthday? How much you get for your birthday? You probably got some cash on you, right, twenty five? All right, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a target rich environment. Let's just say that you know that your mom over there.
Speaker 1: Hey, can you co sign? Can sign this? Don't learn nothing right now? Up to fifty? Cool? Cool? Cool? All right, go full, let's what you got.
Speaker 3: Staying in the world of gambling, one of the big powerball winners, as a cancer patient, wants to find a good doctor. With their fourth biggest powerball winning pot, ever, and they're like, oh, maybe I can afford healthcare now.
Speaker 2: Oh my hate it here, I hate it here.
Speaker 1: I just saw the headlines that a cancer stricken person had won the Powerball or whatever, and then I didn't know like the.
Speaker 3: And part was, it's a heartwarming story, miles, because now I can afford healthcare.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, and we'll still somehow be in medical debt. Yeah, just a little bit much less medical debt despite winning four hundred and twenty two million or however much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all of that, plenty more. But first metal, And we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are or what you're up.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a little controversial. My search histories always go wacky though, So I literally am giving you the most recent thing I looked up, which is twelve waitresses kidnapped from North Korea.
Speaker 1: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: This is literally the last thing I say.
Speaker 1: The new albums, someone's album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's USA sponsored.
Speaker 1: It'll be on Radio America or whatever. This yeah, propaganda news radio is wait, so what's dare I ask what this is?
Speaker 2: It's just this story from a few years ago where Okay, so I don't know if you know this, but in North Korea they have restaurants in other places around the world, and like people from North Korea will go work in the restaurants. And I guess there are these twelve waitresses who had a manager of this restaurant and they were all working there and he was like, Yeah, we're gonna go. It's gonna be so cool. We're gonna go to China to work in this restaurant or South Korea, can't even remember which. And when they left the country, he was like, hah, psych, you're defectors now and I just made one hundred K and they were like, what like horrified. And so you have these twelve women who were like, we just want to go back home, and their manager got paid like one hundred thousand dollars to traffic them out of the country. Basically, it's a wild story. Okay, I'm pretty sure it's by NIS, which is the Southan's equivalent, like South Korea's equivalent of like the CIA or like the FBI, like intelligence services. But again, I just cursed. It was like a hasty like I remember this story, I need to reread this again, so it's not super fresh in the mind. I pulled it up for later rereading.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, right right, so you're right, we're not fully vetting anything right now. But that wait, so they have. I didn't even realize that there are restaurants outside of North Korea that then like just what service like sort of like soft propaganda centers.
Speaker 2: I think maybe, yeah, they do like food. They also do like song and dance that's like traditional to North Korea. I mean, North Korea has like a fairly open trade alliance with China, so people from North Korea go to China sometimes there's trade that goes back and forth between them. So I'm pretty sure the bulk of the restaurants are in China.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh wow. And according to this article, the manager said he according to him, he said these tickets to get them to Malaysia were paid for by the NIS.
Speaker 2: There we go. See my memory wasn't so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, there you go. Okay, interesting, right yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's controversial because some people say it didn't happen, or people just don't I don't.
Speaker 2: I think people have like a really people have a This is something I've learned on the internet. S week. People have a real resistance to learning anything about what happens in North Korea. So I think it's controversial because people are like, there's no way a man would be paid one hundred thousand dollars to smuggle random women out of North Korea to beat de factors. And you're like, oh, that happened to this guy and he's like, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Got me right, wild Yeah. Yeah. Americans are definitely like when it comes to like a thing that you're so like hit over the head with over the years, and like, and it's this weird place where it's all messed up and it probably has nothing to do with anything America ever did. It's just weird on its own, on its own, and then you figure shit out and you're like, wait, I think, wait, what what what's happening here? I don't think this is why it's weird, but okay, go off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our involvement is it's like an endless source of fascination to me. So I'm I'm always like learning new things and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, what right, right, right, totally. What something do you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay? Something I think is underrated is the student protest happening specifically at University of Illinois or Bana Champagne, which I'm not the most educated person, but I had never heard of the school, right, had no idea. And then you go on Twitter and you see all this footage on your timeline of these kids at the school. They kettled the police, they used a cop anti protest strategy against the cops. Wow, it was so wild to see them. Like, I've never even heard of the school, and these kids are just like, we see your protest tactics and.
Speaker 1: We raise you prepare to be prepared.
Speaker 2: Police of Illinois.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just so much popping off at so many different universities, like now, like the students in Columbia like barricading themselves in the building and like it's I mean, yeah, I again, I like what we were saying. I think yesterday and yesterday's episode, it's like joe By, didn't you can take take this seriously or not at everyone's peril basically, And because it's not because people just want to fit in or whatever the fuck kind of weird articles you're thinking in the New.
Speaker 3: York Times, it's because the COVID made them feel bad.
Speaker 1: Miles dude. Nate Silver was like, it's like it's like more like these kids are like picking out like a fashion label and like doing that because of peer pressure, and that's kind of what everyone's like tapping into. And it's like, Jesus, what cool. Wow, terribly bad faith, un serious reading of what is actually happening. But yeah, anyway, do the government.
Speaker 3: The University of Illinois or banish Champaign, which I think I'm only familiar with because of basketball. Maybe m I had heard that before. Anyways, what some of you think is overrided.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go with the original Star Trek series. I've been going through Star Trek in in universe order, which has been a challenge, and I just got through the original series and I got to say, Captain Kirk is not nearly as cool as I was led to believe. Yeah, yeah, I think we as a society. Maybe I'm late to the game on this because the show did come out sixty years ago. I'm willing to admit maybe I'm a little late to the game here, But I just think we as a society have have surpassed the need for Captain Kirk in pop culture at all. I thought he was gonna be a lot cooler. I don't know. I don't get the I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I remember, like people I just always thought he was uncool because people just did impressions of Shatner being Kirk and I was like, this sounds fucking not cool to me. Like he was like, I don't know what is I'm like, dude, what how are you talking right now?
Speaker 2: See that sounded like that cool to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, yo, is he like does he have like shitty traits? Like he's like he's into like he's like a womaniser, alienizer, like just a man of the sixties basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely those things. I would say those are his more fun traits though, if I'm being perfectly honest. Okay, the thing that really got me is I made it all the way to the finale, and like, if you haven't seen the finale of Stratruk, I'm sorry to ruin it for you. It's been so if it was im warrant to you, you would have got that right. So in the finale episode, we're supposed to be in this like futuristic progressive world. Right, they've surpascited for violence, they surpascit need for money. And the final episode of the show is a woman who is of course Kirk's ex lever, who is jaded because women aren't allowed to be starfleet captains, so she devises a way to switch brains and bodies with Captain Kirk, so her brain is in his body so she can finally become a starfleet captain. But of course she gets all hysterical like women too, and they find out what's happened because of this, and in the end, Captain Kirk is like, see, you try to fake your way to a job that you were unqualified for and do not have the temperament for. And I was like, wow, I watched all of this show for the end episode to be Kirk being like, women are crazy, sure, and.
Speaker 3: The crazy that women are come from their ovaries. So you can't fix it with brain stuff.
Speaker 1: If you go too fast in this starship, your uterusk could fall out. I think that's true. Actually, yeah, Like I feel like that. I'm sure that logic was presented on the show at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was the rest of the show like pretty cool or just disappointing in general?
Speaker 2: Well, there were some real peak moments, like there's this one moment where they bring out what's supposed to be an alien. But it's clearly just like a disgruntled sharpey wearing a costume with a horn on it.
Speaker 1: And now.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed that. I was nothing could be better than this moment. My nickname is a child also, full disclosure, was Spock, So I really have a soft spot for Spock. Obviously a man after my own heart. So this Spock's pretty strong for sure.
Speaker 3: Nice Was that based on your demeanor or what? Where'd you get the nickname spuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Apparently when I was a little kid, I didn't know how to talk to people, so I would just find someone interesting and tap them and start reciting facts to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually a lot like my eight year old.
Speaker 1: Super spot hit them up. Yeah, it's like your response is highly illogical. That's your name. That's great, yeah, DG. I remember watching More Like as a kid, just because that was like on all the time. And then whenever I had this like bias, like I think when most kids did in like the eighties and nineties, like when you could tell like this is from like back then, I'm like, nope, I don't like that. I don't like things that are black and white. Or look like they were shot on grainy film. But yeah, I know a lot of people that have started to watch the old series again, so maybe i'll maybe I'll doubt maybe.
Speaker 2: Visually definitely worthwhile. It's very artistic. Visually, it's pretty cool. There's some shots in the original series that like if you if you just screenshot at them, you could like con a lot of people on the Internet by saying it was like some sort of conceptual artwork, you know, just sell prints of it, and I think you'd get buyers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Yeah, that's what you should do.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean a lot of like philosophical thought experiments throughout the Star Trek universe that are you know, pretty cool that my advice I was a philosophy major and my philosophy advisor was like obsessed with Star Trek and like would use Star Trek all the time when like illustrating various philosophical thought experiments. So it's deep, it runs deep in our society. Yes, yeah, Usually it was like what if a woman tried to take control in a leadership.
Speaker 1: Now of Starfreek thought experiment, Like sir.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news. We'll be right back, and we're back. And Monday's episode, we talked about South Dakota Governor Christy Nomes chapter from her upcoming book where she made it clear she was born sans soul. Now we are seeing kind of the fallout from that from our episode. Oh yeah, well it is a result of us covering it.
Speaker 1: It's exactly, yes, not people's reaction to hearing about someone just shooting an animal in cold blood, you know, her attempt at painting herself as a gun owning, like rural tough talker that will take the life of an unruly puppy, it seems to have backfired. I just can't I don't understand. So, I mean, obviously most people's reaction to hearing this, like excerpt from the book, was like, is this fucker for real? And even like every day pieces as shit like Megan Kelly and Laura Lumer were also somehow mortified. Laura Lumer on Twitter say, wow, no coming back from this. This is so heartless. She killed a puppy as a dog lover, that is just too much for me. You don't kill a dog because it's quote useless. She could have found a loving home for the dog. My dogs are the loves of my life. I would be devastated without them. You hear that, Laura Lumer. Not only does she love the Great Replacement theory and Islamophobia, she also loves her dogs. So yeah, a bit of a human side there that we weren't used to seeing. And even like Janine, I'm never drunk on air, Piro couldn't also had a really hard time processing this terrible misstep from Nome. Here she is on Fox being like she's done the impossible. Folks, Let's just let the former judge take it away. If you remember the judge from the Robert Durst case, I have four rescues and I have a puppy. I gotta tell you.
Speaker 4: You know, what she's done is she's sabotaged herself, whether or not it was to you know, buttress what was.
Speaker 1: Coming down the road.
Speaker 4: But she also managed to unite the right and the left because America, if nothing else, we are dog lovers. And don't tell me you shot a pup because it wasn't used to hunting. You know, maybe you're not a good teacher. Maybe there's a problem, and this whole thing with the chickens. You know, were the chickens dead? Was your dog on their property? Should you have had your dog on a leash? Should you fard have been fenced. I could go on and on because I love dogs.
Speaker 1: All right, you heard it there, folks. I could go on and all because I love dogs, you know what I mean? And a little bit of racist fear mongery that had big as a father of a daughter energy. Yeah, Whereas, like, I have dogs, so this upsets me, but only because I have dogs. This is my connection, not because of my ability to be like this. Life may have been precious as a puppy, but yeah, like I think worst of all this is now revealed that Christy nome. It pretty much guarantees that she has no shot at being reichsphere I'm sorry, I mean vice president. And despite Trump famously not being into dogs, this actually did not impress him. According to someone who's talking to The New York Post, quote Trump isn't a dog person necessarily, but I think he understands that you can't choose a puppy killer as your pick for blatantly obvious reasons. A second source told the Post that Trump quote likes Christy a lot but was disappointed when hearing the dog story. So yeah, it's just so odd, like this thing about like Republicans, they just like they really in campaign mode, they like to go hard on the like I'm connected to the land and know what, like what rural life is like, and it's just like always done in like these weird ways. Like even recently a couple of these a few GOP candidates have been pretty loose with how they define rural America. And this is an NBC quote. David McCormick, the GOP nominee for the Senate in Pennsylvania, has long said he quote started with nothing and quote grew up on a family farm. But it turns out his father was a college president and it was more of a country estate where his mother raised a rape horses. Another Republican Senate nominee, Tim she has told Montana voters, quote I grew up in rural Minnesota, by which he means he grew up in a multimillion dollar lake house in the suburb in a suburb of Saint Paul.
Speaker 3: He grew up on Saltburn the manor from that British movie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like but like they're like there were foxes around, so basically like I grew up in the woods, you know, yeah, I don't honestly don't understand why the thought of like being like, yeah and I can dispatch an animal without thinking twice is like everyone would be like, and that is a vice president right there, right.
Speaker 2: I think that people though, tend to double down on like, well, I'm tough and I can handle making hard decisions, you know, as though that is some like salt of the earth quality, But like it is really interesting because the dog thing in particular, it's like, have you ever met like a rural guy on a farm. He's got nothing but his dog, Like yeah, that's all he has is his dog, Like no, why dog? No life but dog? My friend's dad like it was a family farmer, like had a farm. And every picture this man has ever posted on his Facebook is him with like a tiny white fluffy dog on his lap with a tractor, like they're both driving the tractor together.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, right, you're so disconnected from rural life that you don't understand yet. Dog for most of these people more important than other humans.
Speaker 1: Or even like Fox News, Boomer Facebook culture, you know, like these people love dogs. Like that's like, and we were saying this the other day, like it is, it is true. It is this weird thing America, America, just like we don't even give a shit about humans, no care about dogs though for some reason. That's like the pathology. It's like, stop the puppy mill. It's like, do you see there's also a protest here for like needless death of children. Like I don't know what the fuck that is. But these people at Petco, they're getting these puppies from a puppy mill, and I will burn this place down. And you're like, okay, no.
Speaker 2: That's true. We value our dogs more than human life. And I mean, I want to say I'm above that. But again, I watch John Wick and I looked away at the puppy part, but at the human beings getting violently shot, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, more, well they're attached. Yeah, it's like, where's the reason the dog died?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you make them out. I'll watch this violence, but the violence gets a dog. I'm like, oh no, I can't. I know it's fake, but no, so yeah, no, it's true. It's like this is the the one thing we have is the country totally.
Speaker 1: I knew a guy who like when I was watching I Am Legend for the first time, like at my house and there's that scene where Will Smith, you know, I has to put his dog out. My friend left my apartment, like at the time, he.
Speaker 3: Will never talk to you again.
Speaker 1: He didn't even say anything. He's like, oh, no, no, I'm not doing He's like, no, I'm not doing this and just walked out and like we called him, like, yo, where yet He's like, I'm on my way home, man, And I was like, oh, I'm like you good. He's like, yeah, I just don't. He's like I just I can't see stuff like that. I'm like, but you could see the zombies like rip people's fucking bodies. Yeah, this moment, I get it. We all have different sensitivity levels. But yeah, yeah, America loves on puppy love, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just there's a yeah, there's a certain type of person who can't see the line between like I can make really difficult decisions and like I love to make really difficult decisions like oh yeah, like I get that. Yeah, just bitching for a reason to make the cruelest decision possible. Like I've met hr people who are like, oh, yeah, get to fire someone to that dude, like fifteen people today, It's gonna be fucking sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I turned my camera off until they get on the call and I go, oh, hello, I'm the grim Reaper, all right.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has been fined nine thousand dollars for violating a gag order. That's the only thing I've seen in the headlines. They issued ten complaints about him violating the gag order. The judge found nine of them had merit, and this is the maximum possible monetary fine. And it's a little disappointing because Donald Trump can probably make that much in one afternoon by selling I don't nail gold painted crucifix can openers or some shit, you know, yeah, nail clippings presumably. But the judge did warn that going forward, he will consider whether, in some instances, jail may be a necessary punishment, and that would be.
Speaker 1: What about look at those fucking modifiers, though, like, I will consider whether in some instances jail maybe you're like wow, wow wow wowow.
Speaker 3: Just could be in some instances the appearance of might need to happen, could be. But there's there's still more violations. He hasn't even ruled on. Yet Trump's violated the gag order multiple times since the prosecutor submitted their initial list of ten and the arguments about those additional violations don't begin until Thursday. So there's always a chance that something cool happens and we get to see him like have to go to prison, Like I do think.
Speaker 2: As a nation that would be healing for us. That would just be like fun, something fun we got to watch happen. But I feel like the type of prison Donald Trump would be going to would just be like the equivalent of that tacky gold penthouse apartment he kept showing off on the Internet, Like it would be like a gold toilet prison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he'd have hair and makeup somehow in the I think, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Think that instead of having a cot, he'd just have a tanning bat. Yeah, like a vampire. That's where he would go to slumber, and he would emerge orange and glorious. Yes, I think that could be fun. I do think that the nine thousand dollars thing, it really puts into perspective how punishable by a fine, Like how people say, oh, that just means legal for rich people. Yeah, exactly, Cause if I had if I had millions of dollars and someone was like, uh, I'm gonna find you a thousand dollars. Every time you do something I don't like, I'd be like wahahaha, like how much more can I do this?
Speaker 1: So yeah, right kind of selling at that point, it's like, well, if you order from this place, has delivery, feel I don't care. I'm high as shit and I'm hungry. Gets the shit to me now, doesn't matter. I'm not seeing that. Maybe I am being fucking irresponsible, but fuck it. Yeah, it's true. Like and that's what's wild is too. It's like that's the maximum maximum allowed under New York Lot. It's like, have you guys ever thought about, like you know, like progressive penalties like that might be you know, sort of tied to what a person's income is or what they're Then we'd have something too equitable and we can't be doing that. But yeah, I feel like like to your point, man, it's like America needs to see Trump go to jail like on some level, like just to be like yeah and he flew to but yeah, like well could you imagine like the version we get is Judge mersha On here is like all right, that's it. You're I'm finding you in contempt of court. You're going to prison for two days, and then also he gets out and then he becomes president and we're like fuck right. I mean, I feel like what.
Speaker 2: We really deserve is a reality TV show of Donald Trump in prison for like just like three months. Like, I feel like his main purpose is to be this kind of court jester and society as long as he's removed from like any sort of position of power where he can make real decisions. I think that the ultimate kind of like retribution we should all get in the United States is to get a reality TV show where we watch this man in prison for a few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just as a treat. I think we deserve that.
Speaker 2: I think Twitter would go off for that three month period.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the prison has to be all like not other incarcerated people. It's all actors that like are meant to fuck with him at every level possible, like and just it's just a basically it's a whole it's a mind fuck. It's a setup.
Speaker 2: I love it. I feel like we could get this greenlit. I feel like we're in a young industry. We need to be in the reality TV industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, can we Merrick Garland. We have an idea for you.
Speaker 3: The DEA is moving to reclassify marijuana, not going to declassify it, make it, you know, like alcohol, which is a much deadlier drug and isn't classified as a drug. But they'd be moving it from the level of heroin and LSD, which is wild marijuana is on the same level as heroin to the level of ketamine and some anabolic steroids.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so ketemine. This is an interesting hiarchy. Yeah, okay, okay, this this uh huh uh huh uh huh So what it's just h it's just lighter sentencing basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you're still fucked, but less so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's still illegal, it's just not as illegal.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 2: I will say I was under the impression that marijuana was a very very light drug, you know, doesn't mess you up too much.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've been using edibles most of my life to treat my anxiety. I was in New York the other day though, looking for edibles, and I ended up accidentally buying something called Delta eight.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys familiar with this Delta nine.
Speaker 2: Whatever the one is that's actually supposed to be a lighter dose. They're like, we make it out of concentrated hump, it's way milder.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I took eight milligrams of that and I had a crawl to the bathroom where I was saying. I was literally like I cannot be vertical. How is this more mild? Like I don't understand what's happening.
Speaker 1: So no, because I think Delta eight is made like with a different process than Delta nine, Like that's I think more chemical chemical base ors Delta nine actually comes from like cannabinoids, so like it's more like the like you're getting the weird chemistry set version of Delta nine or whatever's Delta eight at least from one. I remember.
Speaker 3: Moving those delta's like a couple numbers differently because that's hard to keep tracking eight nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Need a weird guy to explain to me what just happened. Like where's the guy you run into at the party who's like, let me talk to you about shatter and you're like getting me out of here and all this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I need help, where is that guy here?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Take this under your tongue? The CBD, it'll help help take the hedge off. Wait, so you were just absolutely like you mean, like your body was you help it basically like.
Speaker 2: Eight milligrams of an edible and I usually like ten milligrams helps me mellow out and deal with my anxiety before bedtime. No, I took eight milograms of this thing that was supposedly more mild, and my body was like we cannot stand up now.
Speaker 3: And at one point it was like I have to get to the bathroom, so I like, your legs don't work anymore.
Speaker 2: Literally, I was like crawling on the floor and it was like I have not I have not been this high since maybe high school. Like this is a humiliating level of high for a thirty seven year old adult to be.
Speaker 1: Especially not happening like Wolf of Wall Street Quelude Ship, where you're.
Speaker 3: Like, fuck, just falling out of a car bathroom.
Speaker 2: Absolutely humiliating experience. I was very, very humbled in that moment.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, you should reach out to the DEA and let them know that they're making a big mistake here.
Speaker 2: Heroin Delta eight tnc absolutely the same.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, I think the same as ludes Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're messing up as a country.
Speaker 1: Right, because like, is this part of like a Biden let me, let me give one to the kids atlutly campaign item, you know. But it's not just legalizing. It's like, come on full just fucking go whole on with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I mean he's got both sides it. You know, he's the great the tweenser, but yeah, he's This comes after President Joe Biden called for a review of federal marijuana law in October twenty twenty two. Has moved to part in thousands of Americans convicted federally of simple possession of the drug. Has also called on governors and local leaders to take similar steps. The election year announcement could help Biden. This is from the AP, a Democrat boost flagging support, particularly among young voters.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, it's pretty simple, man, Young people are pretty clear right now, and like just one simple trick you can do to maybe sure up your support numbers. It's not a mission.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're going to trade genocide for weed.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. Yeah, it's like but not legalized, dude. It's like more like maybe like a year or something at most, you know, but still I legal. Still I legal. We still got your back to cops. We've got to give you something to do. Got to give you something to do.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, fine Jack, I get it, I got I'll get you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Well we'll legalize gambling. Man, how about that?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, yeah, I get what. Idiots cease fire, stop arming the Israeli government. Okay, I get you, I get you, I get you. How about this? What if you can pre pre Pokemon cards for everybody under twenty three? Pokemon? All right? What yuki? Oh what is it? Now? Just do the fucking thing people are streaming at you.
Speaker 3: For all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about uh more legal gambling now at Dave and Busters. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so David Busters introducing more gambling to Dave and Busters place. That is an arcade for children, presumably, I mean, I guess there's always like some adults and ship. Yeah, yeah, there's a big barras at all. Yeah, but they won't be like sticking a roulette table between ski ball machines. But they will be allowing social wagering on games played between people. Oh shit, over eighteen.
Speaker 1: And only.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't take a kid for it, but you can like the parents, get the parents to co sign, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey man, go get your go, get your mom's phone, go get your old man over here. Man, we'll have some real Yeah, you have to do it through their d MB rewards app.
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: Which why do you need an app to make bets with friends instead of just handing someone cash and like shaking hands with them and being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the old the old ways where you'd be like, I bet I could beat you a ski ball. Oh yeah, put five on it, all right, put it up. But now we need it.
Speaker 3: I guess the issue is nobody has cash anymore.
Speaker 1: We got Venmo ship. I just I just fucking bet people about the fucking Arsenal game on Sunday light wagers, but still just do it on Venmo allegedly.
Speaker 2: So I've never been to a dave Inbusters. I had no idea what was I thought it was an arcade for adults initially, but it's a bar. So like theoretically, if you got your kids and you're like, you know what, I hate being a parent, you could just be like, I'm going to go in here get trashed. Well, my kid plays in a ballpit.
Speaker 1: Is that kind of like the idea, yeah, or it's like like here video games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally exactly what you just described about a week and a half ago.
Speaker 2: Now, because you hate being a parent. You love being a parent, but.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you need a break sometimes, went to the bar, ordered ordered some boneless wings. They have pretty good boneless wings there, and watched my kids play Rampage for an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Oh, the old school arcade game where you're like the mutant animals like sucking up the buildings and yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that's like the Rock movie that came out, and I was like, yeah, this is Oh you're just using the characters and trying to shoehorn the Rock into something again.
Speaker 3: Thinks there's a Lakers game on. There was Rampage that my kid's playing Rampage. There was a celebrity there for some reason. And yeah, so I'm changing my.
Speaker 2: Whole position on David Busters immediately that I think maybe David Busters is the third space our society. So you really lacking, and I think we should just have a Dave and Busters on every corner. This is actually making me under. This is actually a pro family environment, and we need more places where you can bring your kids and drink and gamble simultaneously all across.
Speaker 1: The United States. Do you hear that Vegas?
Speaker 2: We need a mini Vegas on every corner.
Speaker 1: I like it exactly. We need people need relief, man, So just let their kids go fight over how many tickets are gonna come out of a little coin pusher game that everyone you always think you're gonna win. Everything's a racket. But yeah, like now they're definitely like making themselves to be like hey man, it's also like it's it's a fun place to have a date. Like you can eat and you can play. You get the eat and Plate combo and yeah that's yeah, that's like they're new.
Speaker 2: Like I want to say I'm above that, but like, also, I go to Barcade, so I think, really, this is just selling me on Dave and Busters, and I think I needed a comic until you.
Speaker 1: Go Barcade has a distinctly different vibe than Dave and Busters. You will go to even Busters and you're like, I'm in consumer hell. Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of birthday parties. It's already just pulsating with anxiety and the screams of children, where like you can't tell if they're delighted screams or just freak being taken.
Speaker 2: Right, that's where I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, do a takeover with adults, Like do that thing where like you've ever been like an arcade, Like as a kid, like a bunch of adults come in, You're like, they shouldn't be here. There's like our kids space and like the vibe shifts. Just do that.
Speaker 3: The daven Buster one of my kid's birthday parties that we had at an ourcage. It was like all their friends from kindergarten and then a guy with like a leather duster and one leather glove on his hand, who is just there like playing this one one video game over and over and over again. It's just like a professional. He's just like all right, like got there early with his cup of coffee, just just went to work.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I am now humiliated to discover I've probably been this leather jacket one glove man at various points in my life, especially the Santa Cruz Beast boardwalk Miss pac Man machine. Yeah, yeah, there you go, and an unhealthy obsession with that thing for a while.
Speaker 1: Lovely boardwalk though, gotta say beautiful, Yeah, but so this.
Speaker 3: Is part of a boom and betting that they've found increases engagement among sports fans. Digital gamification could have a similar effect within Davembuster's customer base. But the amount of money they're making, let me find the exact figure. So US commercial gaming revenue, which includes sports betting, online gambling, slots, and table games, reach forty nine point nine billion in the first ten months of twenty twenty two, up fourteen point seven percent from the same period in twenty twenty one. So you're over your revenue reach an all time high in twenty twenty two. So they're just like all that legal betting, all the fact that there's like gambling commercials on TV during like sporting events, like is working, which makes sense, Like of course it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. This company that's doing it, it's called Lucra, Like get it. It's because it's Lucrat.
Speaker 3: TIV drop the TIV it's clean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hey what about TIV man, No, man, it's Lucra, all right, all right. I still think TIV is a pretty cool name because he could be anything. But yeah, started by two former Goldman Sachs guys, and they're just like but again, like this is like what's really infuriating about it? Like with one hand, like sports betting, you understand how that works, where this one it's like, what exactly is the service you're providing?
Speaker 3: Well, I would we're careful not to use the term bet or a wait, we are because that makes us subject to licenses and regulations gambling.
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 3: We merely facilitate real money contests or challenges.
Speaker 2: Oh, there are my favorite things.
Speaker 3: Real money contests or challenge it.
Speaker 1: Yeah or challenge Yeah. I love that. Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: I love doing that, and I love doing it on an app that ostensibly takes a feef. Yes, we're doing it. Yes, what is their cut on this? How much.
Speaker 3: Of every winning winner? Like when somebody wins, they lose five percent on it? And it's all just again could be replaced with a brief conversation and a handshake, but instead people get to use this social media app.
Speaker 1: It just feels like super clunky though too, you know you know what I mean, Like because the way already if you're like a degenerate and you already are like trying to find action on like anything, like you're like, what about keyball doude to gamble on that, Like you're not gonna be like, all right, sign into Lucra, all right, now find me. Oh oh there's another person, Miles, great, all right here, let me get my QR code. Okay, like a.
Speaker 3: Glinder for people with gambling problems, you know, yeah, but also like who around me would be willing to wager on whether this coin comes up heads three times in a row?
Speaker 1: Right, It's just like a weird I get, like on paper why they think this is like the wave, But I also just feel like we always talk about frictionless transactions. This is introducing way too much friction into just like people social wagering or doing real life money challenges over fucking the hoop Hotshot hoops game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The the app has like push ups, can jam bargains, board games, fitness so you can like NBA two K is like the top trending game.
Speaker 2: Oh second one you read an jam?
Speaker 1: What is that? It's this thing where like you you have cans and you're trying to throw like a frisbee into like a slot. It's like it's like part of this new generation of like games people have just invented. But then everyone's like, oh, hell yeah, dude, I fucking love hell yeah, I love can jam. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's just like carnival games.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, this kind of reminds me of when everybody was really into like disc golf. Yeah, like frisbee golf and you're like what is and it was so popular for like a year and.
Speaker 1: Then just still popular. It's so popular. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's like a like a frall frisbee golf spot near like this part I go to in town and there are people do There's people there every fucking like on the weekends in the morning.
Speaker 2: Like it's like we're gonna get can jam courses soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's in our parts. Yeah. It is kind of fun because you can like like smash the and it's it's just a frisbee game that you can just do. Low stakes. It's easy to understand. But yeah, we love a new We love a new backyard game in this country.
Speaker 3: I've cleaned out on candy Land, you guys on Lucra bro Yeah, Lucra. I owe my next three paychecks because I just got on a real bad run where I kept drawing that ice cream cone one even though I was like right at the end, so it just kept taking me back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I only do shoots and ladders. Man. So I got my lambo. You're one of the great pushing that lambeau because it shoots and ladders, bro. People people said it couldn't be done man. And anyway, just so just for the listeners, you can take my course I'm offering right now on Instagram. I'll show you the secrets on how to use Lucra, so you could also have a lambo.
Speaker 3: I was actually just shooting ladders.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you had some sort of online course, I could spend roughly one hundred and ninety nine dollars on well for like a thirty minute YouTube video.
Speaker 1: So I'm so glind to know I'm.
Speaker 3: The parentheses shoots and and parentheses ladder to success exactly. But I'm glad you asked. Actually, I'm not one of these people who's trying to gouge people for some kind of like you know, impersonal scam thing like you said, one hundred ninety nine dollars. No way, for ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 2: That's a great deal, I sally, Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety nine dollars. You will get a link to a TikTok playlist of some videos that's kind of through together exclusive videos my next week. Yeah, oh you will, you will, can't. I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Call you Camble and a datedbusters.
Speaker 1: Are you good at any video games? Like, do you think there is something like you feel confident enough? You're like, y'all, I'll put twenty on that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but they're all outdated games like the games I'm really good at with stuff you played like on Nintendo in the eighties.
Speaker 1: You know, Duck Hunt.
Speaker 2: So the Duck Hunt great. The one game though that it's like, I'm so good at it it stopped being cool and became embarrassing. Is Mario Kart? Like, oh, you can tell people socially Sometimes people will be like, oh haha, you have a switch you went, do you want to play Mario Kart? And it's so bad. I have to do like a pream. We'll have to be like, okay, we could play Mario Kart. There's some things you gotta know.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be fun for you.
Speaker 2: Number one, I can handicap myself in the game to make it fun for you. For it is so embarrassing, and the worst part is people like, oh haha, cool, you're good, and then you play and then it reaches this awkward moment where I'm just like destroyed everyone and have storing weight for them to finish, and it's like not cool. It's a kind of putting everything you like. I can tell you did this for many hours in lou of forming real bombs with human beings.
Speaker 1: They have art. Have you played the arcade version of Mario Kart?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm afraid a.
Speaker 1: Full sit down with a steering wheel. It's like really fun. Anyway, So what do I do?
Speaker 2: I'm going to be cleaning up.
Speaker 1: Let's go, who do you race with? What character do you race with?
Speaker 2: Oh? What character?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Got to go?
Speaker 2: The midweight characters? So if you play on the switch, you can play with yourself with your me because it's a mid yeah yeah. But otherwise yeah, you want to stick to like Mario's a midweight character. You know, I got the whole because so embarrassed, God is humiliating, I have I do want the vehicle for perfect balance, Like it's it's real embarrassing. Yeah, but that's the thing. Certain things. It's like when you go to karaoke and you watch someone and they're like so good at karaoke starts to get a little depressing. You're like, yeah, yeah, this is important to you. You're good at it, like things could have gone differently for you. But like you work in accounting, you know, like it's like that it's at a certain point you're so good at things that it's just kind of sad, and yeah, is unfortunately me.
Speaker 3: With Mario Kart, their whole demeanor changes as they sing the first lines of I Will Always Love You.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh my god, okay, get out of here. Yeah, like the people are coming in crying. They're like, you're not even part of this party. But the thing with Mario Kart is so funny, Like I was playing with my nieces and nephews who are like just getting like they have a switch, and like, I'm really good at Mario Kart and I did the opposite of you. I said, oh okay, I haven't played in a minute, and I'm like, you stupid, stupid young child. I got you right where I want you. And the first time I did the boost on them, like off the off the starting line, they were like, and I'm like I've been down since nineteen ninety two. Don't even attempt to get with me.
Speaker 3: The boost has had you time it with the Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's all margins baby. When you're racing. You learn that from Formula one, you know, And yeah, I like that, and I fuck with Luigi.
Speaker 2: You know that if you're not drifting, you're not winning.
Speaker 1: That's just how it does using a break.
Speaker 3: So drifting is a part of it, because I thought I was pretty good by the by the time I was done playing in sixty four Mario Kart for a while. But so drifting do the Boost? I think, I know those two tricks got anything else that I should.
Speaker 2: You just want you want your bill to be really solid, Like you want to go with a midweight driver a midweight vehicle, and then you want to do a heavyweight tire and a lightweight They have like the Umberella thing attack and I don't fully understand the function of the umbrella. I'm being perfectly honest, but yeah, I have found this is the ultimate build. And again this is very This is not making me look cool at all, where it's like you're too invested in this for your age.
Speaker 1: But we all have that, Like I have video games too, where I'm like putting hours of my life away, and my partner, her majesty, she'll be like, what are you doing? Like, I got to get all the characters to look the right way. She's like, have you even played yet? I'm like, no, I can't until they look right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean that's fair. I think that's that's real.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, you know, games are important to people in different ways, so who am I to judge, Especially with the game like Mario Kart, where I'm I always like to It's always interesting to see the people who are like no, I get down with the cart. So yeah, all right, all right, I got some ideas for next time you're on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I do have some money making opportunities awaiting me at Dave and Busters, which.
Speaker 3: Is good you could actually, I think so they like the games that you can play for tickets have like a certain number of lights, like a certain color of like lights around them. At the Dave and Busters that I was going to and my kids played the ones that like you couldn't win tickets on, and it was hugely disappointing to everybody involved. So there's a little pro tip for you. Yeah, by the way, the country like experts are saying that America's gambling problem, exacerbated by like the convenience of apps, is a ticking time bomb.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'm sure, I'm sure it'll be fine. But oh yeah, dude, I love that song from Rancid, Like, forty.
Speaker 3: Nine point nine billion dollars is so many lost bets. That's like such such a massive like that's all it is. That's all money being made off of people losing bets.
Speaker 1: Right, the same thing as like when you think of a crypto millionaire too, when it's yeah, right, right, right right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely a sign that an economy is going really really well.
Speaker 3: I think when society in gym, yeah.
Speaker 2: Daddy's going up. I think that's good.
Speaker 1: And you have to win the lottery to be like it. And now I can treat my illnesses.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. Yeah, Speaking of which, one of the big powerball winners is a cancer patient. So it was a one point three billion powerball jackpot and a immigrant from Laos was the big winner. Is taking the lump sum of four hundred and twenty two million after taxes, splitting it with a friend and claimed that he wants to now quote find a good doctor with the money. Despite meter reports that this is a heartwarming story, winning the powerball jackpot should in no way be a prerequisite for accessing life saving healthcare. But it's like one of those things where it's like teachers are buying their own or like this this millionaire don't get his kids public school, didn't have books, so he bought it. Isn't that cool?
Speaker 1: Isn't that heartwarming?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, wow, such an American story.
Speaker 2: It really is, especially considering that the person emigrated from Laos, which is like the most heavily bombed country on the planet thanks to the United States. So it's like, okay, we destroyed your country, come over here, win the lottery to get access to life saving care.
Speaker 1: It's just like this, and who knows what kind of chemicals you may have been exposed to and Laos like if you're born there, because there's still just a fuck ton of unexploded munitions just littered everywhere because they're just like, yeah, fuck it, man, just dumping a louse, keep it moving, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: People are still finding them to this day. Yeah, it's really it's just like here's a whore, here's a whore. Here's a exactly back to back compounding horrors.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, but it's sad that the like feel good story thing kind of works on you, right, because I was like, oh, my first instinct like, well, at least a cancer patient won the money, and you're like, god, this is so bleak.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, And it's like, you know, how many other people have or cancer and are currently trying to treat it and they're probably in a similar situation. It's like that's where you're just like horrified, and I think anyone's had an intersected with cancer and their family or lives just knows how like just fucking awful like it is and how destructive it is, like at every level, emotionally, physically, everything. And you're like yeah, and like just to think that the relief that this person experienced in the midst of all that, it's like, well, I won four hundred and twenty two million, so now I can have a good doctor. Like, who are you gonna buy an island? It's like I want medical care. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, these are the small wins we get in America. At least it wasn't like a hedge fund billionaire, right who won the jackpot? He's like, I found a system for buying up all the tickets, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like for ten for fifteen thousand dollars, you're guaranteed to net thirty at least.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, well, Madeline, it's been a pleasure having you back on the daily Zeike guy. Uh. Yeah, of course, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff? Uh?
Speaker 2: You can follow me on TikTok. I'm at Madeline Underscore Pendleton and my name is called m A d E l A n E p E N D l E t O N. You can also find me on Twitter because I refuse to call it by the other name and my, oh my god, this is embarrassing too. My user name there is Gene Gray, like the X Men character. Yes, that Gray is and Gray Goods used to make apparel g R E I G E. So those are the best places to find me. And of course you can check out my book I Survived Capitalism and all I got was this lousy T shirt And if you like it, you can come see me in person in may and Philadelphia, Brooklyn or Santa Cruz.
Speaker 1: Good spread in cities. I'm like Santa Cruz. Yeah, you mentioned Santa Like, you're talking about the boardwalk, Why Santa Cruz?
Speaker 2: Well, Ellen, I was a teenager, like many teenagers do. I ran away with a drug dealer to live in Santa Cruz. A charming six month period of my life, you know, worked out about as well as you can imagine. Oh that boardwalk though, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure I can. Yeah, just associating on drugs and trying to figure out where it.
Speaker 2: All went right, play Missa, my leather glove and.
Speaker 1: A duster on.
Speaker 3: By the way, I think pac Man is one of the things one of the places you can I don't know if you can bet on it, but you can buy tickets which will allow you to exchange those tickets for like NERF Goods. So that's a pretty cool exchange rate.
Speaker 1: Okay Goods.
Speaker 3: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Metaling you know what, I've been really enjoying the Fallout TV show.
Speaker 3: That's what we're hearing.
Speaker 1: We've heard bole places.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. I'm really enjoying that and the other I don't know if you could call it a work of media or I have been really loving John Cusack's Twitter. If anybody's not up on that. It's the ongoing radicalization of comrade Cusack is what I call that. And that is a really enjoyable ride.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, because he was like kind of right right way for a while, wasn't he He was like.
Speaker 2: Really centrist, and then like over the course of the past two years on Twitter, you see him be like, oh, I'm more left lady than that, and then now he's full on, just like free Palestines, he's fired. Now release the children from these police. Like, yeah, he's really I'm like, comrade Q Sack what he's one step from the revolution man at this pint.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it's always funny too when people are like I used to think you were a good actor, but now I realize you're one of these talentless people. And he's like, fuck off, and you're like, wow, all right, Sack, I.
Speaker 2: Did just rewatch Better Off Dead. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Miles. Where can people find you as their workI media you've been.
Speaker 1: Enjoying, Uh yeah, find me on Twitter, Instagram and the like wherever at symbols are served at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Got Mad. And if you like just a break from the reality of our reality. Will check me out talking about reality television when I talk ninety day Fiance on four twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra a tweet. I like just this guy on YouTube, awful coaching. He's his videos are so cathartic for me as a Laker fan who just had to watch his Lakers just fall apart, just just so consistently against the Nuggets. He's videos he does like just just like play by play analysis on where everything's going wrong, and he screams about it with like the intensity of a thousand suns, and I always appreciate it. Here's just a snippet of him screaming about just the last game handoff, what else you.
Speaker 2: Gonna you gotta switch it, you do nothing, Jamal, Look at this, Jamal already comes right off the handoff. That's your dam that's on the first possession.
Speaker 1: So like he does like nine minute videos that are just again they are healing for me, and I love it because it's also like really good analysis, but it's just this delivery of like screaming like I'm also worried about his health. But anyway, awful coaching I love your videos.
Speaker 3: You can you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. O'Brien tweet I've been enjoying so In response to Kanye tweeting I will never make a disc record, Ryan Peckwin p e q u i N tweeted when Mario starts to doubt himself during a speed run, I will never make a diss record.
Speaker 1: M m hmmm. I just enjoyed that little.
Speaker 3: Italian It's called Italian humor. And then Kyle Ayre's former guest just put what we were talking about with Seinfeld, you know, and put it really well. So Variety tweeted, Jerry seinfeldt says TV comedy is being hurt by quote the extreme left and PC crap and people worrying so much about offending other people. It used to be you would go home at the end of the day. Most people will go, oh, cheers is on, Oh mash is on, Oh Mary Tyler Moore, blah blah blah. Anyways, Kyle quote tweeted that and said, imagine how embarrassing this take would be if the other creator of Seinfeld had made one of the funniest shows of all time that had no worry about offending people and ended this literal month. Yeah. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage on a website, Daily zeikegeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna still keep telling people to listen to Ma. This band is just it just so good again, like people playing live instruments but playing like seminal hip hop instrumentals. It just always just makes me feel great. So this time let's do so just you know, one of my favorite j Dilla beats, the run In Beat for the Far Side. So this is run In by the band O M So you can take that, listen to it and feel a little Brazilian hip hop vibes in your spirit.
Speaker 3: There you go, all right, We will link off to that in the footnotes today. These is the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you about Bye bye