Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: For the first time, Iran is getting specific about what's in a deal to reopen the Straight of Four Moves.
Speaker 3: Almost all the topics are under discussion, the map, the transit routes, the entering and exiting of maritime traffic.
Speaker 2: This progress is on the verge of being finalized.
Speaker 1: So I think this is the first time that Trump, Iran and axios are all saying there is a deal to open the street today. That's what they're all saying today. Here is the Associated Press version of the story.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: Iran said it is in the final stage today of drafting and agreement with a man oh Man over the Straight of Horror Moves and that Donald Trump has said a deal could be announced today also which could potentially reopen the critical waterway and would that put an end of the war.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: The agreement is likely to be contingent on the US lifting its blockade of Iran's ports. Trump has previously ruled out any deal that would cement Iran's grip over the Strait, which of course would amount to a major loss for the United States and a break with global norms.
Speaker 2: Because all States.
Speaker 1: Straits around the world have been open since the end of World War II to maritime traffic, this would be the first time that that hasn't happened in eighty years.
Speaker 2: Iran has insisted.
Speaker 1: On some measure of control over the Strait, saying it will not go back to being an open international waterway as it was before the war.
Speaker 2: Now I'm no.
Speaker 1: Geopolitical genius, but to have both sides saying it's going to be open today and Trump say, by the way, no tolls on the street, and Ran saying it'll never be opened again and Free.
Speaker 2: Seems to me to blow up the deal before it even starts.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna ask you one hundred dollars, will a significant number of ships pass through the strait today or tomorrow? Well. Mark Alprin's analysis in his newsletter today was, if you think there's a deal that will happen and hold for more than a week, than I've got some.
Speaker 2: Saudi sheep I'd like to sell you. That's an odd joke.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about the whole uh, complicated, opaque world of Saudi sheep, but it must be something. I think I'm missing the joke anyway. I don't think they have a lot of grazing land in Saudi Arabia. Maybe that's the key, not a lot of livestyle. Maybe maybe that is the joke. Yeah, sure, yeah, Anyway, I came across some learned analysis by a trio of alleged experts who made clear something that I've been telling you for a while. But the Iron wants the big deterrent, and for the longest time it was the bomb. They wanted a nuclear bomb so nobody could mess with them and interfere with their plans to take over the globe in the name of radical Islam or threaten their supremacy in their country, partly for ideological reasons and partly because they're all getting crazy, crazy rich, so they want a deterrent. They've been set back over and over and over again in their nuclear ambitions, and they realize that we're going to keep trying on that.
Speaker 2: But it's shaky.
Speaker 1: But look what we've figured out closing the straits. That's our deterrence, especially working with the Hooti's over there on the other side of Saudi, we can close the straits. That's anybody messes with us, will threaten them with that.
Speaker 2: That's our new deterrent.
Speaker 1: And they are one hundred percent, not ninety eight percent, one hundred percent determined to keep that power somehow or other. So you gotta look at this through that lens. I think, well, go ahead. I think Trump's willing to let the straight open up with a toll.
Speaker 2: Yes he is. I agree to get out of the war. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, though, as this back and forth practically non existent negotiation goes on, the world is getting better and better at bypassing.
Speaker 2: The strengths we're talking could be moved.
Speaker 1: So the longer they they play the tough guy and they're smart and calculating, they're evil as hell. That doesn't mean they're dumb. They probably realize that in or on and so they think, oh, man, okay, now let's get the best deal we can before our leverage is undermined by our very intransigence.
Speaker 2: Where this goes who knows.
Speaker 1: So similar topic there are There are a number of burbling problems in the world right now. There always are burbling problems that could blow up into like the sort of thing everybody's talking about on the on the planet practically at any moment. AI is one of them. Of y'all think climate changes, I don't this. This could be one that the United ELR parka buy some shorts that the United States, which is really the guaranteur of the free world's freedom, is out of munitions to fight a real war. Could turn into be in like a really really big story, depending on how true it is and how it turns out. Washington Post version of Day mentioned this an hour one. President Donald Trump's frustration over the Iran war boiled over at Camp David last week, where he demanded answers from Defense Secretary Pete Heggsath on why he had apparently been misled on extreme munition shortages that now threaten to limit military options with Iran. Two people familiar with the exchange told the Washington Post, now, this is the WAPO, and they have lied about things in the not too distant past or made things up. The White House says this is not true. This is one hundred percent fake news. Literally never happened, and President Trump has the utmost confidence in Secretary Heggzath said that Carolyn lev It in response to questions to the Post. But there are lots of There are lots of reports out there from various places on where our stockpiles are, for instance, the re Reuter's report that got so much attention a couple of weeks ago. The US has used more than thirteen hundred of the Army's tactical ballistic missiles in the initial weeks of fighting, one US official told The Washington Post, confirming the Router's story. The attack on stockpile a short range missile missile also in demand by Ukraine, which one of the reasons they're getting pounded now, is drained to the extent that there's basically none left, said one person familiar verifying the Router's report, basically none left. The lack of interceptor missiles is also altering how the US decides whether to employ munitions against an incoming threat, based on where it's assessed to be heading and whether or not it is a factor. So if somebody shoots something at us, we don't just automatically shoot it down. Now, we think, well, where's it headed. How much damage is it gonna do if we just let it go through? Because we have such a limited amount, One US official told the Washington Post, which is a change in tactics first reported by NBC News, And there's just a bunch of stories out there like that. It's probably worth pointing out at this point that it was as recently as the nineteen eighties that Ronald Reagan was mocked and laughed at for even considering a missile defense system by the mainstream media that we're all supposed to respect so much, And at my point being the idea of missile defense of any sort is very very new in warfare, and like super effective patriots and attack ems and the what's the other one, the thads that we have right now are like crazy new in the history of warfare. And it's interesting to me that people are saying, oh, we can't duel war, we can't do a war because we don't have enough of these things, when it never existed before. And I understand we don't want to. I'm not being casual about spending lives, but we just got this tool.
Speaker 2: What do you mean we can't do a war.
Speaker 1: So the analysis in Mark Alprin's newsletter today is the munition shortages are a real danger to the United States and will not and cannot be fixed easily or quickly. I don't understand that, and I have no I don't know nothing about nothing. But I just don't understand how this is how much war we can fight before we run down to a dangerously low level. Was this are we were we prepared to take on China or Russia or whoever the hell or a two front war? This has been discussed on real life or all kinds of different things. Sure doesn't look like it if a minor war with a ran put us in this position. According to the Washington Post, the shortage is particularly in long range guided missiles and air defense intersect were part of the reason Trump pulled back from launching additional massive strikes in recent days. He said as recently as like an hour ago, because he was asked about this, that that is not it. We got plenty of stuff that has had nothing to do with it. Of Course, you'd say that, what is the president of the United States going to say, yep, you're right, I was going to launch an attack, but frankly, we just don't have the firepower.
Speaker 2: Of course he's not going to say that.
Speaker 1: And of course, after a multi generation period of peace and prosperity, your military manufacturing base is going to be a peace and prosperity military manufacturing base.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A recent truth social post from Trump said, we have a massive amounts of munitions. Large amounts are being manufactured and shipped to the US as needed. The leakers of these treason his statements are being hunted down. And if they are trees and his statements, whether accurate or not. First of all, why in the hell is somebody leaking to our enemy at wartime? How many of various weapons systems do we have? What they should be hunted down? They should be hunted down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then especially if you're like, if you're doing it too, like you suggested perhaps the last hour that the JD vance crowd that doesn't like this war might be leaking this stuff, it's possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's very possible.
Speaker 1: Is that's kind of an ugly thing though, That's a pretty damn ugly thing. And the ugliest thing is if if we did actually call off the major strike against Iran, because when it came down to pulling the trigger, Trump found out we don't have the stuff necessary to engage Iran like this.
Speaker 2: That is highly troubling. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is one of those things that Trump does right.
Speaker 2: I think he is absolutely.
Speaker 1: Incorrigible and terrible at some things and absolutely invaluable at others. And I think he will reinvigorate the defense industrial base in a way that others would not. Certainly the Left would never ever do, because they get votes by handing out your money and they can't spare it for defending the country.
Speaker 2: I think Trump.
Speaker 1: Could really really push us forward toward a much more realistic stance given the challenges military challenges of today's world.
Speaker 2: I hope he does. I hope that's a high priority.
Speaker 1: I'm looking up at cable News. Two of the channels are talking about this very topic. I hope it gets enough attention that we crank up the arsenal of democracy again to where we got plenty of stuff, and everybody in the world knows we got plenty of stuff. I remember the stories that came out a few months ago about Britain. Britain couldn't even push ships at sea. It's it's military is so uh what's the what's the term? You don't use it. It becomes some well, it's atrophied. There are military is so atrophied and so a like it's like a Hollywood set. It's got the front of a military but it doesn't have the parts. It doesn't have the maintenance, it has no manufacturing. It's a theatrical Uh, you know it's.
Speaker 2: Fake.
Speaker 1: We are nowhere near that bad, but we're not in fighting shape.
Speaker 2: Nuff said. I think so.
Speaker 1: Joe and I are both gen X. A lot of you probably are too. Gen X is the most economically pessimistic generation, maybe of all time, according to a new study. Interesting, you know what it is, the hippies. The hippies spent us into oblivion. The damned Hippie's gonna take this opportunity to complain about hippies at some point, Get a haircut, hippie.
Speaker 2: That's what I say.
Speaker 1: Among other things on the waist, yes, including the scandal that's rocking academia. It is the perfect example of how insidious DEI is for everyone, especially black folks. I've only seen the headlines on this, but it looks really juicy. I can't wait to hear it. So bad cool on the way.
Speaker 4: Eighty five year old actress Donna Mills says she will sell pictures of her feet on her new Only Fans account. She claims the biggest struggle will be moving her nipples out of the photo.
Speaker 1: Gone, oh Cutfeld, Oh come god, come on, that's out a line right there. Oh Donna Mills. Is she not landing from the eighties? Is that she's eighty five? Time marches on?
Speaker 2: That's going way back? Wow?
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 2: It's so bad, you.
Speaker 1: Know what makes me feel less bad about this? So this story is gross, but it's true, and it's interesting. I'm concerned because I work with people who are easily baited into lowbrow humor.
Speaker 2: But wow, wow, how unfortunate for you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So I'm downtown, my little burg in California, where California decriminalized crime and all kinds of behavior, and so there's all kinds of gross and you know, everything's locked up in every store because they don't prosecute you for stealing. So if you want deodorant at the CBS, you have to have somebody bring a key. We've talked about that street people, various places, that.
Speaker 2: Sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So I'm walking down the sidewalk and I'm actually walking to a place to get a slice of pizza, which this did.
Speaker 2: Not help my appetite.
Speaker 1: I'm walking to a place to get a slice of pizza last night after dropping my son off and his friends off downtown.
Speaker 2: And there's the fact.
Speaker 1: That you have a pizza by the Slice place College Town makes me so jealous.
Speaker 2: I love the pizza by this oh yes.
Speaker 1: Although again America Baby, it was not as appetizing after this. So I'm walking down the sidewalk and there are a handful of firefighters standing on the sidewalk, and there's a fire truck, like the small one like the fire chief, red pickup truck, parked in front of this coffee shop. And I thought, because we've ridden with the fire department before, I thought some had a heart attack or choked or something like that, you know, any sort of health problem.
Speaker 2: The people that show up are the fire department, right off the bed.
Speaker 1: And then but I'm getting closer, and I'm walking down and side watch a step, no look out And I looked down and uh, oh boy.
Speaker 2: Had they been eating too much taco bell lettuce? Or it was used food?
Speaker 1: I mean it was the it was the byproduct of a human after they have taken all the nutrients out of their meal. I see and uh and passed it apparently onto the sidewalk right there, like right downtown in front of all the stores, big pile on the pizza full size, oh.
Speaker 2: Lord, Chipotle burrito size pile right there, boy oh gollant. And the firefighter was doing this.
Speaker 1: What I found thought was interesting about it is they're like four firefighters when.
Speaker 2: I walked up.
Speaker 1: By the end of it, there were maybe eight, and then the full fire truck, like the full ladder truck. So you had the full giant half block long ladder truck, the pickup truck, maybe eight to ten firefighters standing a unadder truck. What in case the guy pooped in a tree as well? What's going on here? Standing around looking at this pile of poo and what? I got a kick out of it. This is what I did because I just thought this was fantastic in an awful sort of way. I stood because everybody's walking by. Nothing draws a crowd. Like a crowd, everybody's wondering what that's going on around. I stood on the corner. I said, I'll bet you wonder what's going on. I did this for like a half an hour. You know what's going on over here? Yep?
Speaker 2: Somebody pooped on the sidewalk right over there. That's pretty cool. And everybody's like, oh my god. I said, yep, yep, human pooh.
Speaker 1: Right there, all these firefighters, fire trucks, everything like that human pooh because right there on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: But I told fifty people this story.
Speaker 1: I just decided to be the town barker for what was happening there on the corner.
Speaker 2: The fire department.
Speaker 1: I know, I guess, because you're worried about hepatitis or something. Eventually a bunch of people showed up with chemicals and squirt models and.
Speaker 2: It was quite the Golden State in g.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy. We'll get into it an hour three. This LSI ed guy up in Michigan. He's going to be a problem because he's got he's got the Trump thing, he's got the Obama thing, he's got the Clinton thing.
Speaker 2: He is good. He just some people have that and he's got it.
Speaker 1: Do not underestimate the guy. He is formidable. I agree completely. So I, Joe Geddy hate DEI for a number of reasons. It's racist, it's born of neo Marxism. Read cynical theories by the great James Lindsay and Helm Pluckrowse, and it casts a bad light on the achievement of impressive black people. And I want black scholars and doctors and attorneys and thinkers and writers to get the full credit for their genius.
Speaker 2: And I want black kids to.
Speaker 1: Grow up in the line of opportunity with dreams of greatness. That's what I want. That's why a hate DEI to wit. And this is out of England, where they're even more screwed up than we are. But Jason our day was the toast of academia and really the progressive world. In twenty twenty three, became the youngest black professor ever appointed by the University of Cambridge and was absolutely lionized in the British media for his remarkable backstory and account of his achievements. Raised in South London family of Ghanian origin, he says he was diagnosed with autism as a child. He couldn't speak until he was eleven Wow, then overcame illiteray in his teens before becoming a sociology professor. When at the age of thirty seventy is appointed as a professor at the University Cambridge, the prestigious institution said that that would help quote address under representation of people from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds. Uh oh, Well, turns out not only is the guy a plagiarist in the you know, the Claudine Gay model, he plagediarizes like crazy all of his so called giant work. Interestingly, and you've heard me say this before, it's weird to accuse people in the grievance studies field of plagiarism because their field isn't about science. It's about repeating the party line, saying the right things, the right phrases, the right words, pledging your fealty to that cult. And so of course you're going to plagiar eyes. It's like asking me, you know, when you're walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Fear and thinking about God.
Speaker 2: How does God's presence make you feel?
Speaker 1: Well? I may say something about, well, I have no fear. Well, you accuse me of plagiarizing the First Amendment the New Testament, which I would be because there's.
Speaker 2: No nobody's asking.
Speaker 1: For original thought anyway. Putting that aside, Yeah, he plagiarizes like crazy. Plus he made all sorts of wild claims that they just accepted at face value. That he raised almost seven million dollars for charity. He once ran six hundred miles in six days, completing the challenge with airline fracture in his leg. Well wait a second, where did this whole running feat thing come from out of the academic world? So well, because one was such an amazing, beautiful human being that Yeah, so he's one of those people. He's like Joe Biden. He just did all manners of different amazing things have happened. Yeah, he's a fabulous as they say. Uh, turns out there's no proof that. And he had another one that he claimed he ran thirty marris thirty marathons in thirty five days and again raised something like seven million dollars. Turns out he raised somewhere around nineteen hundred dollars maybe in these two schemes. Then there's no proof that ever he finished them or whatever. And it's not that important. But here's the part that's really insidious. No, yeah, it's interesting as a personality quirk. But if you're a scholar in a certain area, whether or not you lie about how many marathons you run doesn't really matter to me. No, it's kind of a character thing. But if you can cure cancer, cure it. Please well. On Wednesday, he finally resigned, saying it was the only way to move on from the accusation speculation in public commentary.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: There comes a point when the personal cost becomes too great, he said.
Speaker 2: But here's what.
Speaker 1: Led up to it, the personal cost of your actions. When the allegations of his various confabulations and plagiarism first emerged, Cambridge stood by Our Day, saying he was the victim of a racially motivated smear. On Wednesday, Cambridge said it launched a formal investigation after new information about his qualifications. Our Day's academic qualifications arose, except none of it was new. The tale of our Day's rise and fall, as I said, his name is Jason Arday, Yeah, has dominated British headlines for weeks and become a lightning rod for debate over whether the professor was the victim of a racially motivated witch hunt or over promoted by a university eager to burnish a reputation for diversity. It's absolutely clearly the second one worth mentioning. Probably when he was appointed out of twenty three thousand professors in the UK, twenty three thousand, there were one hundred and fifty black professors. That's a really really low number. What's the percentage of the population. I don't actually know that. But this academic who does a bunch of looking at plagiarism identified this guy as an absolute serial plagiarist. The backlash against him was absolutely feverish and severe, and all accused him of quote this is from Cambridge. After the allegations were picked up in the press, a vile smear campaign to undermine his credibility. Journalist at the Times higher education magazine, who probe the claims of plagiarism was reported to the police by RDA for alleged harassment. The Metropolitan Police investigated but closed the case.
Speaker 2: A petition in his.
Speaker 1: Defense was put together by the progressive campaigning group the Good Law Project, signed by sixteen thousand people, including the leader of the Green Party. When a distinguished black academic is repeatedly subjected to baseless allegations after being fully exonerated, not.
Speaker 2: A single word of that is true.
Speaker 1: Signals are in an attempt to undermine black people who hold positions of influence. And there's more to this story, and some of the details are almost funny, but the takeaway to me is and I hate this, and Thomas Sowell has made this point over and over again, as have you know, all sorts of you know, my favorite thinkers who happen to be black. You walk into a young black doctor's office, you've got to think, is here because is he here because of excellence? Or DEI a black academic? Are they that good? Or was it DEI a black? Virtually anything, if there's even a whiff of progressivism about, you've got to question their qualifications.
Speaker 2: And that's insidious. And I hate that.
Speaker 1: This is so damaging and the screaming that this is vicious racism when it turns out every single allegation was true and a lot that you know I haven't even mentioned or true too. And the fact that you're screeching at people that the only reason you're questioning him is or is because you're a racist, That does so much damage.
Speaker 2: Hugh, that's so so ugly.
Speaker 5: So the.
Speaker 1: So he is not an expert or is good in the field that he is of a study that he claimed, but then he also has all this other external lifestyle stuff that's made up. So he's got he's a congenital liar. Yeah, he's got something wrong with his brain. He's one of those people that apparently get a thrill out of making up a story when there's no reason to make up a story, which those of us who don't do that don't understand.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: I would get no benefit whatsoever out of all of a sudden claiming.
Speaker 2: I I don't know would be a good idea. Yeah, how was that? Champion Power?
Speaker 1: They're a fantastic swimmer in high school, won many many meets.
Speaker 2: I would get no enjoyment.
Speaker 1: He's got tired of it in college though, a constant practice, so I gave it up. But there's some people that they're built that way, where they get some sort of charge out of making those stories up. Oh oh, and he's been dropping l M bombs as well, accusing anybody accusing him of being a lynch mob. Oh yeah, ah wow, Well you hate to see academics take a blow like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the Wall? Was it the Wall Street?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: The Free Press.
Speaker 1: There's an article about this by a writer academic who talks about a friend they have who's an exceptional scholar who can't get a job in academy. He's a white fella, and he's got to wonder I just saw somebody post this and I didn't fully understand it. Have you ever heard this before? There was on this story and they said, that's why meritocracy is so important. And I'm a big believer in the whole meritocracy thing, especially at the point in history. Let's just have Let's have places like that high school in the San Francisco Bay area that's always a national attention. Let's have some places where the very best, only the best, are let in. I don't care if it's all Asian chicks or black dudes or whatever, just someplace where the best to go.
Speaker 2: It's good for all of us.
Speaker 1: Anyway, somebody said a a's higher b's, b's higher c's.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard that before? And what does that mean? I couldn't figure out what that meant.
Speaker 1: I could guess that's why I believe in a meritocracy. As we all know, a's higher, b's, b's higher c's. That is that stating what happens if you don't have a meritocracy. No, I think what they're saying is a, you know, A students need people who are pretty bright, but are are workers and a little more straight smart and all just their b students and maybe B students think, Yeah, what we need are C students who are got to where they are because they work hard and they they're conscientious and maybe they're not brainy acts.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. That's my best guess. Okay. I've also heard that.
Speaker 1: A students end up working for B students at companies owned by C students. I don't doubt that a bit. There's a lot of truth to that. Yeah, I don't got that of it, because academia and success, sorry, mister Obama are not the same thing. So before we take a break, just because we have a moment, Michael has been trying to get this clip on the show all week long and we haven't gotten around to it, and he every morning in our meeting before the show. I know, it's surprising, do we have a meeting before the show and it still turns out like this? But we have a meeting every day before the show, and he's been pitching this and we haven't gotten around to it. So let's finally satisfy Michael. This must be really amazing. Do you need to know anything about clip eleven before you play it?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just gonna play it. It'll have to be explained afterwards. Okay, all right, who does this?
Speaker 3: I just bought in a box of Huggies from Target yesterday. And I don't know if this is Huggies problem or a Target problem, but like, there's no type person this. It's a blanket and plastic and a shirt. I'm four weeks post part of me. Now I have to lug my four week old and my twenty four month old two Target. My husband's about to go to his night shift to party. Anxious about my postpartum anxiety.
Speaker 2: Could not handle this.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, when your kid hits two years, just say two years, don't say twenty four months. I mean when they're seventeen. Are you gonna go with thirty five hundred months or what?
Speaker 2: I haven't done that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So apparently she bought a box of diapers from the Target and it contained not diapers but other crap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's correct, And what this is is a new shoplifting scheme. What they're doing is people are going in and they'll buy Pampers or something and they go home use them, but they keep the package and they.
Speaker 2: Fill up with old clothes.
Speaker 1: Still waits about run. So they're taking advantage of the return policy.
Speaker 5: Correct, and they take it to customer service, some kid you know, brings it up and they gets money back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So many return policies have been ruined by scumbags. Yeah, yeah, I'd like to have the Target. My son actually worked customer service at Target for a while and it taught him more about humanity than any university education ever could. But now he understands people and how awful they are.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Target should not have earnest and polite young men, and he is one of them. It should have bouncers like a CD bar, and if you try to pull that stuff, you get hit in the head good and hard and hurled out onto the pavement, and take care of.
Speaker 2: A lot of it.
Speaker 1: An hour three, L sayed the guy that's the Democratic nominee for Senate up in Michigan. His challenge to the Republican Mike Rogers, it's going to be convert to Islam or be beheaded, no different challenge. It's going to be an a wow, it's going to be an exciting three months that race. I think it's going to have all the national attention, among other things. On the way, stay here, Michael.
Speaker 2: Moore told CNN.
Speaker 4: He's so disgusted by Democratic politicians he's willing to get down on his knees and beg for DSA candidates to win.
Speaker 1: However, first he has to find his knees.
Speaker 2: That's fat joke.
Speaker 1: There, before I get to this interesting political commentary. I have two boys, so I don't know near as much, hardly anything actually about raising girls. I know nothing about it. Why would I even pretend I know anything. I know nothing about raising girls, but i've teenage boys and has taken my he's going to be a junior in high school here in like a week, and him and his friends downtown last night, and just riding in the truck with them, driving him downtown, listening to them talk. It was, you know, like straight out of a movie or a song. I mean, they all, the three of them. The effort you have to go to to be to show you're a cool part of the tribe. Person at that age is once you're old and out of it, almost humorous. But I like job one, right, it is job one. It's interesting. I mean it is the way they talk to each other. I mean I don't hear him talk. He doesn't talk that way to me, but listening to them talk to each other the way they talk to each other using their teenager lingo and having to be so cool about everything all the time. What I was wondering, because I haven't had the experience, is there a female equivalent to that? Or do teenage girls do exactly the same thing with just slightly different verbiage.
Speaker 2: It is different.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of Born to Run the Springsteen song and the boys try to look so hard. I mean, that's that's what was going on there. Yeah, the desperation to belong has a different sound and feel to it, but it's absolutely there. It's just conformity and never ending compliments and you know then you say what you really think, you know behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: But it's like.
Speaker 1: Practically obsessive pleasantness in some social circles, or cynicism in others. But it's yeah, it's it's a different flavor, all perfectly natural. I'm not criticizing any of this, it's just part of it. Did I did the same thing, And I was also thinking about just they were so excited. All they were doing is going downtown and they're gonna walk around and like grab a piece of pizza at some point and then come home and they were so happy and so excited.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's just it's is it ever like that in your life?
Speaker 1: Again, maybe when you're eighty, but I mean, it's just the their level of being in the moment, for one thing, because you don't have the worries of being older and adulthood and everything like that. But it's just I just I was like, I remember that. Just everything is right now. It's just a random Wednesday night. The three of us are going to hang out and eat some cheap, crappy food together, and it is gonna be awesome, speaking of being into the moment. Unbelievable story about a guy who had to give up his cell phone habit because he went to prison. But there are all sorts of twists to the story. Super interesting. That's coming up. Stay with us, won't you.
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Was that the same trip with the poop on sidewalk? It was they didn't see that I was. I dropped them off, and then I went to a little different time of my part of my town and I was walking down the sidewalk and saw the firefighters standing around a pile of human pooh. I told that story an hour two. If you missed it. Get the podcast Armstrong and Getting on demand. It's sort of thing that happened all California towns pretty much. Oh yeah, much more human feces about than in those fascist red states.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: Mike Rodgers, who's the Republican running for the Senate in Michigan, is hunkered down with a lot of advisors trying to figure out exactly how to handle this. Elsayaed dude in his various challenges that he's put out in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: We'll play some of those for you. He's good. He's good. That alsayed.
Speaker 1: So this is gonna be fun to watch. This is gonna be like a masterclass in politics on both sides.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like a master villain to me. He's brilliant but evil. If you miss a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, Armstrong and Getty