Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came, Hey, y'all, what's up. It's Laura l. Rosa and this is the latest with Laura l. Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is your DELI dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Baby. Now we are going to of.
Speaker 1: Course, first things first, y'all know we check in behind the scenes of the Grind for all of my newcomers. So if you guys are new here, new to the low Rider community, my listeners, my low riders are my listeners. These are the people that ride with me, okay, through the stories, through the different events that I take them to.
Speaker 2: Y'all ride for meeting with me.
Speaker 1: So if you are new behind the scenes to the Grind, check in is you know, it's where we just you know, how you really feeling, how you're really doing, what you've been up to, where you've been because y'all know, I bring you guys the latest from wherever, whenever, never missing a day. So over the weekend I went to Power Sessions, which is a concert presented by Power One oh five to one, which is the radio station that the Breakfast Club is on here in New York City. Now, this concert featured performances by my girl Lul Labrook Don't play with her, Don't play with her. Zetti Will also took the stage. My first time seeing him perform in person. I made I keep saying this because to see new artists in this TikTok era, in this social media era that you know, we all Internet kids. So to see artists even if they don't have like a full show set developed, but just know how to work the crowd and get the crowd going and interact with the crowd and on the stage should be honest with you. Very few far in between. So to see him perform and do just that was very proud of him. He took the stage, he brought out for one, brought out some people for one. It's another artist here from New York that New York goes crazy for. We also had ge Herbal hit the stage. Now when you Herbal hit the stage, because we were streaming live on the Breakfast Club's Twitch account, and we were taking you guys as much as we could into the actual pit so you could see the performances.
Speaker 2: Go check that out. I hosted that stream.
Speaker 1: If you did not see it, it is on the Breakfast Club am on Twitch and make sure you guys are following me on titch as well too. I'm Lauren LaRosa on Twitch and We're gonna start streaming on the weekends. But we were trying to do as much as we could, but we missed you Herbal's performance because we couldn't get our connection right, like we were lagging. Our WiFi was too many people. Because they're still producing digitally coverage of the show outside of what we were doing for the Breakfast Club, they're in the venue. So we missed you Herbal on the Twitch. But I do have some content of him that I'll be dropping on social Make sure you guys are following me Laura l Roosa everywhere and on twitch as well. And then after g Herbal, my girl, Mariata Scientist pulled up Baby for the Love of Girls. Now, this was an iconic moment because I got to introduce Mariah the Scientists with Angela Ye and Angie Martinez.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Before we went on stage, y'all, I was like, I'm living a dream right now. I literally said that to them, like, oh, I'm living a dream right now. And then Maria Scientists comes on stage and when I tell y'all, baby, that was her mother, yo, and y'all know, I don't even cuss.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I try to refrain from those type of words, especially here on the podcast, because I know I got members of all types of communities listening, from the church to the club couch. Okay, everybody pulls up for the latest. But let me tell y'all something. Mariah the Scientists owned that show. I mean, she's such a sweetheart. She didn't have to sing her songs. The crowd was going word for word with her. And it was pretty dope too, because I'd actually gotten a chance to meet Mariah Scientists earlier that morning, I did a Santa Claus like toy giveaway and clothing drive for the community in Jersey at a Boys and Girls club over there. Shout out to the Boys and Girls Club of Patters in New Jersey and all the amazing team that I got to meet there, and we got to treat them to this concert as well too. They were able to come in and see all of the talent and the acts. Take a day off of all of the community work that they do. But yes, it was amazing to get to meet her, get to kind of see her energy, her spirit, which was very like she's so chill, Like she is literally the definition of a Southern Belt. I thought she was chill in the morning when we were doing our give back, because she said she had just landed off of a flight, didn't want to be late, so she came straight there barely even dressed, and I know she was going to sing, you know, and she's singing live later that evening, so I'm like, okay, sisters, preserving her voice. She is just actually like a very soft spoken, sweet girl like I love that for her. It made me even more sad though, to think about a lot of the things that we've seen her go through in her relationship with young Thug over this year, because just in me, you know, how you meet people and you're like, wow, this is a good person, Like their heart is good. The inner actions that I had with her, and we were only at the Boys and Girls Club for you know, a few hours, but literally that rang true when I met her, but she shut it down though. Shout out to Marita Scientists for coming out to the show as well, and then the show closed out with Cash Kobain who brought Basswag on the stage, and of course they took you all the way through all of their hits that have been ringing like crazy in New York and all over this year.
Speaker 2: So it was a good time again.
Speaker 1: You know, check out my social media Lauren the Rosa everywhere if you want to check out some of those performances and moments from the show. We were also live on the Breakfast Club Twitch. So I'm feeling good. I kicked off my week basically doing that because that started Saturday, so kind of work started for me Saturday. Sunday, it snowed here in New York and I was just home prepping for the show. And in prepping for the show, I got a chance to watch the Kanye West in Whose Name documentary. Now this documentary has it was already released. It released in theaters sometime ago, like some months ago in AMC theaters with this.
Speaker 2: Director who you know.
Speaker 1: The conversation around him has been the fact that at eighteen years old, with no real experience outside of just like school and figuring things out, he was given the opportunity to shadow Kanye West for two years because Kanye wanted to do a documentary all about his mental health and the stigmas around it and showing people, you know that this is you know, you gotta love people through this basically and kind of way he goes through his challenges as an artist, a father, a husband, and just all of the things dealing.
Speaker 2: With his mental health struggles.
Speaker 1: Now that asked me this morning on the Breakfast Club whether this doc was authorized, And I know that the filming of Kanye West was authorized because he's literally talking to the camera talking about, you know, how the through line and.
Speaker 2: Telling the story would be. But there are some reports on sources.
Speaker 1: I remember US Weekly did a story on sources that Kanye West, although it was authorized to have been recorded, there were issues because he didn't have full editor or control. But we haven't heard anything from him on this dock since its release. Y'all know, he's been kind of out the way. But there were parts of the documentary that I was just like, I'm watching him, like, oh my god, I can't even believe that, like something like this is being recorded. So Kanye West is headed to the White House to meet Trump. You guys, remember he famously went to the White House to have that conversation with Trump wearing the MAGA hat, and on his way into the White House, he calls Jared Kushner, who's a part of, you know, the Trump administration, to make sure that he is safe walking. And the reason why this like struck me because I'm like for someone who you know, mentally kind of.
Speaker 2: Goes in and out of.
Speaker 1: Whether his decision making is tracking and making sense for his day to day life. Kanye West was very well aware of the fact that that had made him a target, and he still decided to go forward with a lot of the things we watched him after that.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen, sir.
Speaker 3: There's Jared Kushner that wants to speak to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 1: No, I need to go the exact way that a foreign dignitaria would go.
Speaker 2: That's the only way I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: And I have to go the exact way that a foreign dignitaria would go. That's the only way I'm gonna go. In wait, wait, listen, listen to me.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna step outside.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna put my life in danger.
Speaker 1: I put my life in danger by wearing the hat, and I need to be loved and respected as such because it could be.
Speaker 3: Someone out there that could be trying to take a shot at me.
Speaker 2: There's people who potentially want to kill me for wearing this hat.
Speaker 4: I have the hat on as we speak, and we need me because if I get killed from wearing the hat in front of the White House, You're not gonna win any mid terms.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna Listen, listen, finish.
Speaker 2: Listening to me and hear me.
Speaker 1: So then after this moment and then you know, the White House moment happens.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: All of this stuff is some years ago, right, So the White House moment happens with Kanye when he's in the car, Kim Kardashian calls him and I mean, she is in tears, just talking about what the consequences of his actions in the political space could mean for her. They're family, but for him, let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: I just it's like I can't sleep. I've been crying all day.
Speaker 4: It's just this bad dream that's not ending. For your losing everyone around you is like, there's a way to talk about what you feel.
Speaker 2: Well, who's everyone, who's know, who's everyone around me?
Speaker 3: Tell me who everyone is. I'm just saying people in the music business, people in the mood.
Speaker 2: I don't care about the music business.
Speaker 3: I don't care about the work.
Speaker 2: Feel this is, I'm in a slave business.
Speaker 3: I'm a slave to the universal.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Of course they're losing.
Speaker 3: Just because you have a job and you work hard doesn't mean you're a slave. That's the meaning. And I'm not about burning bridges with companies.
Speaker 4: You're gonna wake up one day and you're gonna have like nothing, because no one's gonna you.
Speaker 1: Know, no, never never tell me I'm gonna no never, you know, Never tell me I'm gonna wake up one day and have nothing.
Speaker 2: Never put that into the universe.
Speaker 1: This documentary, you know, it is very It's hard to watch because it is very invasive. There's like arguments with you know, Kim Kardashian even some of his family members, and you just kind of see the sporadic behavior that is caused by the mental health issues that he is dealing with. You also see why it could potentially I mean, I don't know where he is with, you know, maintaining taking his medicines and different things. Today in twenty twenty five, but you see during this time why things could have been difficult, not even could have, but were difficult for people in his life, including some family members, Kim just anybody that was in his life, because he was so dead set on not taking medicines and working through all of the sporadic decisions he was making and you know, deciding to move back home to Chicago. Kim found out about that literally from the internet, he says in this documentary. Just different things that have happened, and it just made me, you know, think about, even just in the news and in the media covering some of these moments, how much onus do we put on him and you know, just wanting to cause conversation, And because there was a bit of that, I did get a bit of that from this of like, you know, he knows what he's doing. You know, he's a megastar. He's been here, done that, right. But then also too, there are moments where it's like, you know, he loves his wife at the time, which was Kim Kardashian. Then there are family members, like there's like a cousin of his that is, you know, with him as he's making some decisions when they're on like a international trip, and it's like, you know, he loves these people. You know, he loves you know, his art and everything he's creating, but everything he's doing in response to it is tearing it down. So then that's when the mental health part of it comes in, and it's like for people in his life, it's hard because it's like you're not dealing with him all the time. You're dealing with the illness that he is dealing with right and how well that is or is not managed. And he's talked about not wanting to take medicines for various reasons, including how they make him feel when he's trying to create. So it's just, you know, it was it was a very tough watch for that instance, especially if you are a Kanye West fan. But I think if the goal is to expose people to the reality and the rawness of, you know, people who deal with mental health issues on a daily while also dealing with real life, it definitely did that. It definitely made me think about the conversations I have about Kanye West and the things that he even I thought back to the mayback and Kim on Kim on Call Her Daddy podcast and her talking about him giving away his maybacks, and I think she tried her best explain, you know, how difficult things were because his behaviors had began to change as his mental health issues really set in.
Speaker 2: But I don't even think she did the best job explaining it there.
Speaker 1: I think people picked it up as if he was just this like crazy And I don't mean crazy to like down people dealing with mental health. I mean it like this sporadic person who just has horrible decision making, and then you watch his doc and it's like, oh no, it's so much deeper than that. So yeah, I mean, I don't know how many people in twenty twenty five honestly want to even care enough to humanize Kanye West because of some of the things that he's done and he said, and all the ups and downs he's taken fans through and the people through and all of that. But it did it for me for sure. And I was at TMZ when he did the Slavery is a Choice conversation and seeing his sporadic personality change in real life did that as well. But seeing more of it here and knowing that this was such a constant thing with people really close to him definitely makes you put things into a perspective a lot, a whole lot differently. Now switching gears a bit, we are going to head on over to a story that broke Sunday here in New York City. So senior Trey Songs was arrested for us SAW after allegedly punching a New York nightclub employee in the face earlier this month. So this went down earlier this month, earlier in December, December fourth, is what the report state. And they alleged that this happened after the employee told him that the spot that he was at, the club he was at was closing. Now the reason why so he saw a judge on Sunday for this, but the reason why he was in police custody Sunday, and I talked about this morning on the Breakfast Club. But I have a bit more clarity since speaking to you know, sources close to Trade Songs and further getting information following a statement I received from Trey Song's attorney. So from what I am told right, Trey Songs was at a different nightclub called mer here in New York City over the weeks. I am told that there was an alleged altercation that happened. I'm told that there was a party involved outside of Trey Songs, so it was like, you know, Trade Songs and his people and there was a party that they got into it with. From what I'm told, there's allegations of a gun being pulled at some point because there was a big fight that ensued and there was a bunch of damages to this local lounge, just like a hookah lounge. So because of the fight, you know, things were broken. There are allegations of chairs and different things, hookahs, different things being broken because of the fight. At some point when this physical altercation occurs, i am told that there's an alleged gun that was shown, which is you know, it made everything even worse. So they made the fight and everything even worse. Once everything calmed down and the parties were broken up, I'm told that Trey Songs offered to pay for the damages that were done and tried to explain kind of what happened. And I'm told, you know that trying to explain that he was like defending himself a bit. But at one point the club owner was okay to just allow him to cover damages to move on. But then police were called and he was arrested. I did ask, what was this issue even about, Like, what was so upsetting that you are fighting at because you know, at this point it's wee hours of the morning. You're fighting wee hours of the morning in the club. You're not out having a good time. You're supposed to be, you know, drinking, having a good time with your people. And from what I'm told, it was it's alleged that there was a woman who wanted to join Trey Songs's like party that he was partying with, so you know, his area where he was wanted to join that, and there are another group of people who she had formerly been partying with had an issue with that from what I'm told, and these allegations I'm told are what spent into this big situation, altercation that led to him getting arrested. When he was placed into cuffs and arrested Sunday, they then saw, you know, that there was that he had also had to face charges for an altercation that happened, you know, a few weeks earlier in a nightclub in New York City. So he saw a judge. He was released on his own recognents. And he has to go back to court later in February. Now, if I'm Trey Songs at this point, not even because of this incident, because there's been so many other alleged incidents, I probably would be staying home, my behind home at this.
Speaker 2: Point, Like I just would.
Speaker 1: I feel like the easiest way to not get into anything is to not be around for nothing, which is a horrible life to have to live. But you know, in the statement that I received from his attorney, and I'll read that statement to you guys, one of those things that they pointed out was that they believe that Trey Songs, as a public figure, is often treated as a target for instigation in pursuit of headlines or financial gain. His attorney says, we are confident that the facts will speak for themselves. If it's to that point where I'm having to say that multiple times, after multiple allegations and think I'm just staying home, I am, like I really just am, because nothing's going to happen here.
Speaker 2: But he's going to go back to court.
Speaker 1: Even if this is thrown out, the headline of him being arrested, and you know, all of the allegations is always going to be way bigger than the follow up. If I'm being honest with you, guys, I would just stay home like I honestly would at this point, and I mean.
Speaker 2: Trey, so put out some new music.
Speaker 1: Stay home, put out the music, stay out the way, work like or also too, I mean you could do your own private situation. I mean no, because then allegations come from that too.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a leads along the road. So all I know is what I've recorded to y'all. I don't know how people should live their lives at this point. Twenty twenty five is a different time, and it is, but I always appreciate you guys being right here with me to talk all about it, my Low Riders.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, you guys.
Speaker 1: Could be anywhere with anybody having conversations about these things with y'all tunes to be right in here with me, and I am.
Speaker 2: So appreciative of you guys for that, My Low Riders. I will see you in my next episode.